The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
manju
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by manju » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:21 am

SSundar wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:37 pm

I believe the Fadnavis couple's goose is cooked. They just don't know it yet.
OMG, this is too important to be covered in 2 sentences.. eloborate, No? :)

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:51 am

Gus wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:01 pm
I think we are conflating different things here.

TN people's participation in religious activities is not lessening. Even the nominal ones in rural areas make sure they support their family deities and local temples.

The urban ones that now have gotten past the lower maslow priorities are now patronizing arts and culture that are inherently hindu (carnatic music and classical dances etc)

politically it is different for reasons that we all know. EJ threat is there, but there's also push back now. I think it's reached its peak. Obviously this is all anecdotal and other's experience will be different.
Saar, my WhatsApp feed is full of my cousins and nieces in the metro celebrating Christmas. Never heard that one before. I agree that TN is becoming more religious and patronizes arts and culture. But, devoid of political power, that does not go very far. EJs are already influencing secular politics a lot.

RK Nagar sent Sasikala's proxy into the legislature where he will be working to undermine the state government and also possibly usurp the MPs to bargain with the center. This made TN a joke but many people in TN were celebrating Modi's 300 votes. These misplaced priorities tell us that these people are far inside the vortex of church propaganda.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:53 am

Hari Seldon wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:07 am

Shah will not rest till that snake is defanged, judicially and publicly, preferably. Or so I hope. Prepare the popcorn and samosa for 2018.
Is that just an opinion or is there something behind it?

I don’t really see anything happening to AP or anyone else. These are cases that will run for years and end with no results.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:58 am

manju wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:21 am
SSundar wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:37 pm
I believe the Fadnavis couple's goose is cooked. They just don't know it yet.
OMG, this is too important to be covered in 2 sentences.. eloborate, No? :)
I am not claiming any chaiwala connection. We have consistently seen MAD jettison Chief Ministers when they become more of a liability to the party than an asset. So far, both Mister and Madame Fadnavis are clearly operating in a spectrum way outside that of any RSS-bred family. We can wait and see how this goes.

shynee
BGR Newbie

Post by shynee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:29 am

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:39 am

whether Fadvanis's goose is cooked or not is non issue
What is imp is --- they are cooking goose of India by encouraging Missionaries. They are giving message to all IAS / IPS in MH and India --- dont mess with Missionaries and do support Missionaries
And what is MOST important is ---- can labels like pseudo-pro-Hindu, pseudo-pro-India, BIF-agent, Missionary agent etc be applied on Fadnavis on BRF?
On BRF, cursing non-RSS leaders is always welcome. But throwing mud on RSS-leaders is generally not welcome. So I need to ask admins before I start throwing (80% mud, 20% bile) mixture on Fadnavis.
-----
Popularity of Jigesh Mevani in Gujarat amongst Dalits is rising. He has started a jihad against illegal liquor in Gujarat, particularly Dalit areas in Ahmedabad and other cities. paidmedia is giving him huge coverage. His pic was in Indian express and gujarat samacchar. And he is getting tons of crowd. Essentially, he copies style used by Sri Modiji and RSS-workers ---- talk about problems and give NO solution, and simply blame RSS and tacitly blame upper caste (just as RSS-workers would talk about problems, offer no solution , and only blame congress, marx, macualay, islam , muslims, etc). [rss = bjp]
RSS-leaders and RSS-workers have been making gigatons of bribe and nefarious money by selling illegal liquor in Gujarat for past 22 years. Many rss-workers attend shakha in morning and sell liquor after shakha ends. And they have good logic - congress did the same !!! And poor and dalits are worst hit due to sale of illegal liquor. Solution I propose is to legalize alcohol drinking at home (and ban outside home), no tax except 28% GST on liquor made in state, complete deliencing in manufacture and legalization of opium and trial by Jury in all liquor cases. congress / rss etc workers and leaders opposed this solution and insist on continuing ban on liquor because ban fetches huge bribes to leaders and party workers (congress in past, and rss for past 22 years). And the poor are losers. Now Jignesh Mevani is getting tons of brownie points by exposing nefarious nexuses of IPS / rss-leaders , rss-workers with illegal liquor sellers. As per him, lquor sale is done by RSS to keep dalits poor. And many dalits agree with him.
RSS-workers' pro-corruption stand is going to make leaders like Jignesh Mevani more popular. What good or bad it will bring is somthing time will tell us, if we survive this mess.
-------
FDI will strengthen Missionaries. The companies set up by USUK-elitemen in India via FDI will give huge cash to Missionaries' trusts via CSR. Also Missionaries own huge amount of land , and Sri Modiji and RSS-workers have done NOTHING to reduce the strength they get from land. Just to give you an idea - Godrej alone owns 16 crore sqft of land in Mumbai alone !!! Even at throw away price of Rs 30000 per sqft in Mumbai island, he price will be Rs 480,000 crore !!! And Missionaries own 100 times the land than Godrej (not in Mumbai though). So paidnews that Modiji has stopped Rs 10000 crore of donation money that Missionaries were getting from abroad is eyewash like TTT-law. Because real financial strength to Missionaries come from land they own. Not funds they get from abroad.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:48 am

Su Swamy and Jetli are at loggerhead again with Su Swamy tweeting an article from April 2017 from op India about Jetli releasing a book of Suntrec a journalist who was excited about Modi's outcome when he acquired swine flu.

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:55 pm

MehtaRahulC wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:39 am

why do I get the feeling that your 1000 words essay type posts are all copy-pastes from your FB page or some other social media ?
if I catch even one such post henceforth, it would mean a ban from BGF, permanently.
- Rahul

Narasimha
BGR Newbie

Post by Narasimha » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:47 pm

^ It is indeed tiring to see those paranoid rants

suryag
BGR Newbie

Post by suryag » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:02 pm

Have been hearing Rajni's daily speeches to his fans, heavily loaded and to the point. Never thought Rajni could speak so well with clarity.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:01 pm

Indrad wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:48 am
Su Swamy and Jetli are at loggerhead again with Su Swamy tweeting an article from April 2017 from op India about Jetli releasing a book of Suntrec a journalist who was excited about Modi's outcome when he acquired swine flu.
I have seen many RW siding with Su Swamy mostly and dissing Jetli, it is very clear namo sir picks his own team and trusts in them.
jetli is important for namo likewise, from people I know in GST team it would have been impossible to get GST passed in both houses if jetli was not spearheading it.
Rather than pulling each other down RW supporters would do much better if they kept quiet. Im also aghast portals like Op India writing against Jetli(!!) and then we talk of creating an eco system like congress has created over years!

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:57 pm

Rahul M wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:55 pm
MehtaRahulC wrote:
why do I get the feeling that your 1000 words essay type posts are all copy-pastes from your FB page or some other social media ?
if I catch even one such post henceforth, it would mean a ban from BGF, permanently.
- Rahul
On my FB posts, I can write what I believe about Nbjprie in words I choose. But on BRF, there is censorship.
My posts on BRF and my posts on my FB profile have SAME tone and theme. But I type them separately, because contexts are different. So they are NOT copy-paste.

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:07 pm

^^^Rahulbhai Chimanbhai Mehta...
Rahul M is the official 'thread rakshak' (TradeMark RCM), so please pay heed. :D
Please follow the letter of the (BGF) law and also the spirit of the law (I am typing it, so is not copy-and-paste will not fly :D ).
Please note that you will not have a jury trial here if a decision to ban is made. :D . A forum moderator is the neta, judge, babu, pandu and eliteman all-in-one.

On a serious note, if people are complaining about your posts, it means they are reading it. So, try to introduce new material rather than repeat old stuff. My humble suggestion onlee....

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:18 pm

Triple Talaq bill: Some fissures starting to appear....some Muslim women calling for an end to polygamy.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/650 ... talaq.html

This article quotes a woman saying that polygamy should also be banned by a bill. I never knew polygamy was legal among Muslims in India. Did the post-Shah Bano verdict somehow 'legalize' it or make it OK for people to practise it? It must be the same situation where law is one thing whereas people do another, and that was not objectionable for some people.

Per this article, there is a body called: All India Muslim Women Personal Law Board. First I am hearing of it.

Times Now has a few more points:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 298393.cms

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:11 pm

my god! Like Halala that is a new find Sri Kumar ^

from article
I welcome the move but now men will take undue advantage of the law and indulge in polygamy openly as it is still in practice. With polygamy still in practice, abolition of triple talaq cannot alone not help us," said 33-year-old Rizwana, a victim of polygamy.
Razia (24), whose husband divorced her over phone citing birth of daughters as the reason behind it, hailed the law brought by government and hoped that women like her would get justice.
Married at the age of 16, Razia said, "I was given triple talaq by my husband on phone as he did not want to bring up our two daughters. Triple talaq is a crime and has spoilt many lives. I pray that all women like me get justice with this new law. However, I wish that the practice of polygamy is also banned."

"We are disappointed only on one count that Sharia was not defined by the government in the law. As long as Sharia is not defined, confusion and misuse of such practices will prevail," she said, adding to this extent, it can be said that the government brought this law in a haste.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:15 pm

palestine ambassador to Pk was seen with Hafeez Saeed today..
What is the use of voting in favour of Palestine in UN if that country openly works against our interest?
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/palesti ... ly-1793722

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:15 am

Forced conversions to top agenda of Intelligence Bureau meet (OneIndia)
Forced conversions would be the key focus of a three day Intelligence Bureau meeting to be held next month. The meeting which will be hosted in January at Tekanpur, Madhya Pradesh would be attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

The PM during his address to the 250 odd officials who would be from both the police force and IB would touch upon key issues such as radicalisation and cyber crime.

The ISIS threat too would be discussed at length during the three day meeting. The highest number of cases have been reported from Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra followed by Telangana, Kerala and Karnataka. The itinerary of the topic to be discussed would also include the threat being faced due to the rise of the Islamic State. The main topics of discussion would be the illegal indoctrination and forced conversions. This would be a crucial meeting said a senior officer in the Intelligence Bureau. He said that the National Investigation Agency has been probing several cases on these subjects and it has been found that the threat is immense.
Now if the PMO (t)asked the IB and other agencies with also investigating and curbing RoL inspired conversion, laundering, tax and land-use fraud among other things, at least some part of the #core agenda would finally start to be addressed only.... Just saying, is all. Onlee.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:21 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:53 am
Is that just an opinion or is there something behind it?

I don’t really see anything happening to AP or anyone else. These are cases that will run for years and end with no results.
Just an opinion. More a hope, actually.

However, IIRC the animus between Amit and Ahmed is beyond the merely professional. Patel was apparently instrumental in foisting the sohrabuddin case against Shah in GJ due to which Shah did suffer quite a bit (including temporary exile from GJ).

So yup, its also personal, not just business.

Patel is moneybags man to many netas across the political spectrum, rumor goes, coz he has deep link in the Dubai-Pak hawala networks 'em netas used in the past to move double-black money around, apparently. NO wonder the charge that Pak wanted Patel as CM seemed to find traction in GJ as well as in political circles.

Taking this ahmed turd down, or severely handicapping his biz-as-usual black-ops, would also help free many netas from Pak-malsi influence. Or so I hope.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:38 am

In 1950, urban population was below 15% and slum dwellers as % of urban population was below 20%. Thats because British didnt allow illegal slums to grow on govt land or even private lands.

Things changed after 1950s. Cities grew. And to keep wages lower, many urban elitemen started promoting slums. And votebank politics further increased slums. So now, over 40% of India's population is defacto urban, and now some over 50% population in a typical Indian city is in slums.

So "naxal" like leaders didnt see any growth potential in cities in 1950s and decided to focus on rural areas and then tribal areas. But now many naxal type leaders see urban slums as better growth spots.

Also, in 1950s, those who came from villages to urban slums found it easy to get job. And they had some land / house in village to fall back. Now it is 3rd generation. They have no land in village, no house in village and they have seen their father live whole life in slums, and they have spent their whole teenage and part of youth in slums. And jobs they get barely pay for food, medicine, cloth and mobile. And given the apartment prices in cities, they see no hope of moving out of that slum. So they become easy fodder for leaders who specialize in shouting on problems , offer no solution and tacitly blaming well offs for all the problems. These leaders now have huge volunteer base and voter base in cities' slums and lower middle class housings.

So imo politics in urban areas is going for a big shift in years to come. A sizeable chunk of voters may pass from clutches of rss leaders to clutches of these naxal type leaders. So far rss leaders have been holding voters MAINLY due to fear of islamist violence. But as superficial islamist violence decrease in many cities, this factor may reduce number of voters it can get. Lets see how rss leaders react to this change.

Solution I propose is wealth tax on land , which will decrease land prices and make houses affordable to all WITHOUT any useless nonsense subsidies. Details are OSF (= outside the scope of the forum). Pls see details on my sm profile.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:53 am

'Misunderstanding', indeed.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:03 am

Mean-e-while, in WB, after "overseeing the largest massacres and purging of Hindus since Kashmir pandit exodus", JihadiDi changes tack after seeing BJP Bengal's rural reach and traction.

Didi changes tack, prays to contain BJP (TOI)
KOLKATA : Bengal BJP's expanding outreach in rural areas has prompted chief minister Mamata Banerjee to calibrate her campaign strategy and send out signals that she is a tolerant Hindu. :rotfl:

This possibly explains why Mamata spent around one hour at KapilMuni's ashram with its chief priest Gyandasji during her Gangasagar visit on December 26, ahead of Makar Sankranti on January 14, when lakhs of pilgrims will be taking a holy dip at the confluence of the Ganga and the Bay of Bengal.

"I will come to this place again," the CM said, possibly to appear balanced, and counter the perception that she is pro-minority. Indeed, Mamata has been doing this adroitly, treading a course different from Mayawati or Mulayam Singh Yadav.

The surprise surge in BJP's vote-share in the recent assembly byelections, Sabang and Dakshin Kanthi, where the saffron party doesn't have an organisation worth mentioning, is a pointer to a shift in Bengal's political narrative that was broadly built on class intertwined with caste and the minority votebank. In the Sabang assembly bypoll, Trinamool got1,06,179 votes and the BJP, which had won only 5,610 votes in 2016, jumped to 37,476 this time.

The Trinamool chief has come to realise the change that Narendra Modi has brought in the universe of Hinduism. Modi has included OBCs, Scheduled Caste and Tribes in the Hindu camp, breaking the monopoly of Brahmins and upper caste Hindus.
Lest we forget, jihadidi disallowed durga puja idol immersion on the eleventh day for two years in a row using some moharram procession excuse. I never thought any neta however sickular would dare mess with Durga puja, the largest and most iconic and important festival in Kolkata's calendar.

Oh, and I'm not even mentioning the numerous riots and mayhem jihadis have caused caused in rural Bengal (google up Deganga, Bankura, FB riots 1
recently, Burdwan etc).

If after all that she believes she can fool 'em Indics again with cheap gimmicks like temple-visits and 'harmony' platitudes and what not, RaGa must have given her hajaar hope only. Hope the indics have wisened up to such BS.
Taking the cue, Mamata hasn't wasted time to form an SC advisory council, a separate welfare board for the Rajbanshis in north Bengal to take care of identity politics.

The CM has set up boards to renovate temples: Tarapith, Tarakeswar, Kalighat — as she has done for Furfura Sharif. The government is also upgrading tribal burial grounds. But Mamata is not leaving it at that. She is dovetailing it with development programmes to lure the rising middle class among the reserved category who want employment opportunities.
So caste is the last card the sickulars have left to play to disrupt the revolutionary possibility of a united spectrum of Hindu votes re-coalescing in 2019. Unsurprising, and scary too.

dnivas
BGR Newbie

Post by dnivas » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:27 am

MehtaRahulC wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:57 pm
Rahul M wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:55 pm
MehtaRahulC wrote:
- Rahul
On my FB posts, I can write what I believe about Nbjprie in words I choose. But on BRF, there is censorship.
My posts on BRF and my posts on my FB profile have SAME tone and theme. But I type them separately, because contexts are different. So they are NOT copy-paste.
your old posts during mms era were good, But u are non stp criticizing bjp and modi. I am yet to see a all positive post regarding what BJP has done. You sprinkle one oe two commendations here are there, I used to read every word of your post years ago, now I dont really pay attention. Just feedback from what I am seeing. You bring up some good points but couch it in very negative tone.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:50 am

For CRamS ;

Had our cartoonist draw this up.

More here :

https://www.india-aware.com/cartoon-gallery/

Neela
BGR Newbie

Post by Neela » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:50 am

Seems there is a possibility that Gujarat BJP govt will fall.

http://postcard.news/will-gujarat-bjp-g ... kuni-game/

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:29 am

https://youtu.be/AXf0fnU7l90

If you missed it yesterday: MoS external affairs @mjakbar's brilliant speech in LS on #TripleTalaqBill: left @asadowaisi speechless