The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Trilobite
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by Trilobite » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:10 pm

**** duplicate deleted ****
Last edited by Trilobite on Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trilobite
BGR Member

Post by Trilobite » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:17 pm

hanumadu wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:05 pm
Two open and shut cases against the DMK and there is no conviction. But Madhu Koda, a congressi, gets convicted. If there is truth to 'DMK is let go because of some quid pro quo', I am ok with the judgements. Congress is the bigger fish and once congress is taken care of, the others will fall in line or wither away. Modi did visit Karunanidhi when he was in Chennai, didn't he?

Why did BJP fail to see the distress signals in rural Gujarat? Some sops to them would have indeed helped BJP to keep or even increase its tally. That Vijay Rupani guy seems to be a very dull guy. His victory speech after the GJ results would put anybody to sleep. Time for Nitin Patel, may be?

Madhu Koda a conressi ?! Koda was with BJP for much longer period and then an Independent. He was an independent CM of Jharkhand when he committed those scams, probably some when he was a mining minister in BJP govt.
Last edited by Trilobite on Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:23 pm

hanumadu wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:41 pm
Don't you think its the KA govts responsibility to replace all the street lights. As long as the dept providing the bulbs (EESL?) gets the money for the number of bulbs provided, the central govt is in the clear. Unless you know that Piyush Goyal or some one in his dept committed some irregularities, blaming BJP in this matter is your imagination. Do you even know that all the lights were to be replaced or it was planned to replace only half for now.
You seem to be very good at taking someone's post and twisting its meaning. Nowhere have I said Piyush committed irregularities - In fact I've said the opposite, that there is no corruption at ministerial level, but you choose to twist what I said. However, he should take responsibility for stuff that happens in his projects. As far as I can tell, replacing streetlighting was one of his projects, as he was publishing it quite regularly on his twitter feed. If he wasn't responsible, I take it back but then again, he shouldn't get credit done for what the state govt did, no? Can't have the cake and eat it!

Replacing half the streetlighting makes no sense. Clearly someone has skimmed 50% of the funds.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:39 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:23 pm
hanumadu wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:41 pm
Don't you think its the KA govts responsibility to replace all the street lights. As long as the dept providing the bulbs (EESL?) gets the money for the number of bulbs provided, the central govt is in the clear. Unless you know that Piyush Goyal or some one in his dept committed some irregularities, blaming BJP in this matter is your imagination. Do you even know that all the lights were to be replaced or it was planned to replace only half for now.
You seem to be very good at taking someone's post and twisting its meaning. Nowhere have I said Piyush committed irregularities - In fact I've said the opposite, that there is no corruption at ministerial level, but you choose to twist what I said. However, he should take responsibility for stuff that happens in his projects. As far as I can tell, replacing streetlighting was one of his projects, as he was publishing it quite regularly on his twitter feed. If he wasn't responsible, I take it back but then again, he shouldn't get credit done for what the state govt did, no? Can't have the cake and eat it!

Replacing half the streetlighting makes no sense. Clearly someone has skimmed 50% of the funds.
So basically its your 'sense' that some one cheated, but you have no proof. Piyush Goyal is responsible for driving the shift to LEDs, bringing down the prices and bringing the states on board. But he is not responsible for its implementation in the state. So, he should get the credit.

Wow, you call yourself a BJP supporter and a Hindutvawadi, but refuse to give credit to a BJP govt when they clearly deserve it. Your hate for anything Modi is showing.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:42 pm

Trilobite wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:17 pm
Trilobite wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:10 pm
hanumadu wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:05 pm
Two open and shut cases against the DMK and there is no conviction. But Madhu Koda, a congressi, gets convicted. If there is truth to 'DMK is let go because of some quid pro quo', I am ok with the judgements. Congress is the bigger fish and once congress is taken care of, the others will fall in line or wither away. Modi did visit Karunanidhi when he was in Chennai, didn't he?

Why did BJP fail to see the distress signals in rural Gujarat? Some sops to them would have indeed helped BJP to keep or even increase its tally. That Vijay Rupani guy seems to be a very dull guy. His victory speech after the GJ results would put anybody to sleep. Time for Nitin Patel, may be?

Madhu Koda a conressi ?! Koda was with BJP for much longer period and then an Independent. He was an independent CM of Jharkhand when he committed those scams.
Sorry, he is not congressi.
When the scam happened, he was part of UPA. The scam happened during UPA.

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:07 pm

Supratik wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:53 pm
Ignore the black money "patriots" on this forum. Chargesheet in 2G case was filed before May 2014. Coal scam has seen conviction. What the govt can be blamed for is laxity. Congress if given this opportunity will be all over the agencies to get a conviction. Rajnath and Jaitley should also take part of the blame as CBI and ED are under them.
Let's ignore the 'Modi patriots' also.

We elected this government, specifically the 'na khaoonga' man, because they promised corruption free India. Instead, this government is letting go of all corrupt people, and discrediting Hinduism in the process as well.

Its been over three years since this loudmouth was elected, what does he have to show for it? More importantly, what do we have to show for it, as Hindus and as Indians? A slowing economy, no progress on issues important to Hindus, the gawaarification for Hindu nationalist movement, the continuous hounding of genuine Hindu rakshaks.

There has been acche din for many congressi turncoats though.

Trilobite
BGR Member

Post by Trilobite » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:08 pm

hanumadu wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:42 pm

Wrong again. Congress only extended outside support, was not part of the govt.

On the other hand he was Mining Minister in BJP govt. and member of BJP for the longest time and Independent only for couple of years. Koda is more of a BJP man than anything else!

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:40 pm

I truly believe that NaMo has his hands full with just running the government in his vision. Just as in the old days when he was the CM of Gujarat, there is an army of hostiles aligned against him, it seems to have become a personal goal for many to 'bring him down' - whatever that means - by any method possible. They will let no opportunity go in chipping away at him slowly, like a host of termites nibbling away at the mighty oak. And, like in the old days, several supposedly team players on the same side are happy to watch this happen or even lend a helping hand from time to time.

He cannot be the champion of the poor, of the Hindu, of the soldier, of the honest, of the dharmic all at the same time. Politics is a very dirty game and he has not yet learned to wallow in the mud like the Congoons who will stoop to any level to win.

if people feel that RaGa and his motley gang is better for them and better for India then let them vote for these parasites. It boggles my mind that there are rational, educated, thinking folks who really believe the Dynasty has India's best interests at heart. Maybe their children will forgive them, maybe not, when there is nothing left for them in an India that is hollow from within.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:57 pm

I still believe strongly in Modi, but not as strong as I once did. I would never find myself supporting the CON mafia. So, TINA.

That said, this judgment taints Modi unlike the good old JJ verdict that occurred early in his PM-ship. This time, the judge blames the government-appointed officials openly. That falls on Modi. There can be no two opinions on that. Whether the judge did this as part of a clear plan to taint Modi, we will never know. It is a fact that the GJ elections followed by this verdict allows Congis to celebrate as though they have already destroyed Modi. It is visible on WhatsApp, FB, Twitter, etc.

Modi could well do to take some decisive and visible actions here.

achoudhury
BGR Newbie

Post by achoudhury » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:02 pm

An extremely sad day for India. This 2G judgement will go as the worst judgement in history. Entire establishment seems to be self serving decrepit edifice, corrupt to the bones. We are a nation cursed. 2014 gave Modi mandate to lift the curse but looks like envelope of darkness will remain strong. I feel dejected and hopeless. RIP, India.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:04 pm

Trilobite wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:08 pm
hanumadu wrote:

On the other hand he was Mining Minister in BJP govt. and member of BJP for the longest time and Independent only for couple of years. Koda is more of a BJP man than anything else!
I said UPA. Other members of the UPA were part of the govt.

http://www.rediff.com/news/2006/sep/14jhar5.htm
Thirty five-year-old Koda, who belongs to a farming community, was the consensus choice of the United Progressive Alliance to head the alternative dispensation.
He contested as an independent because BJP denied him the ticket. He was made CM with the active support of congress. Is that not enough for congress to take the blame? If it was BJP In place of Congress, the mediatards would have been all over BJP. So to blame BJP for what he did after he left BJP is disingenuous.
Koda, accompanied by Rashtriya Janata Dal chief and Railway Minister Lalu Prasad and Jharkhand Mukti Morcha chief and Coal Minister Shibu Soren along with a dozen UPA legislators went to the Raj Bhavan to stake claim.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:34 pm

From what I have heard on YT through BJP spokespersons, the burden of proof did rest with the prosecutors, but they were not appointed by this government although accountable to it. That there has been a scam and of a huge amount is not at dispute (as per the court's judgement, although Congoons claim a complete moral victory nevertheless) and the courts simply could not find the accused guilty because of lack of convincing evidence against these particular rascals.

It is likely, and I hope so, that the BJP and PM's office has learned from both of these recent setbacks and will take corrective action. The case will of course go to higher courts. As Patra pointed out, it took 17 long years for Lalloo to be convicted and yet he was. So also were Jessica's killers.

Yes, a dark hour indeed for us who believe in this government and its leadership, but this is by no means a lost cause, far from it, I remain optimistic that it will prove to be the necessary wake up call. Watch for 2018 to be a real roller-coaster.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:02 pm

in Gujrat an independent MLA has expressed desire to support BJP govt by writing to governor hence taking number to 100 (phew... :mrgreen: )
Amit Shah is a player who adds score even from pavilion. :rotfl:

Trilobite
BGR Member

Post by Trilobite » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:58 pm

hanumadu wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:04 pm
Trilobite wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:08 pm
hanumadu wrote:

I said UPA. Other members of the UPA were part of the govt.

http://www.rediff.com/news/2006/sep/14jhar5.htm
Thirty five-year-old Koda, who belongs to a farming community, was the consensus choice of the United Progressive Alliance to head the alternative dispensation.
He contested as an independent because BJP denied him the ticket. He was made CM with the active support of congress. Is that not enough for congress to take the blame? If it was BJP In place of Congress, the mediatards would have been all over BJP. So to blame BJP for what he did after he left BJP is disingenuous.
Koda, accompanied by Rashtriya Janata Dal chief and Railway Minister Lalu Prasad and Jharkhand Mukti Morcha chief and Coal Minister Shibu Soren along with a dozen UPA legislators went to the Raj Bhavan to stake claim.
If Congress was not part of the coalition, it can't be called UPA, can it? Can you have a NDA govt. without BJP? Obviously NO! Jharkhand never had UPA govt, it's been either BJP lead, or JMM lead or two years of Independent Koda with assorted parties and OUTSIDE Congress support. Regional parties flip - flop, they don't have any permanent loyalties.

Koda pedigree is BJP, since BJP is the ONLY party he has been longest the member of and never joined another party. Even after denied a ticket, he continued to to support BJP and became a minister of Mining. You can expect that some of his mining scam was from that period.
This is the main reason BJP can not criticize Koda, Koda has the BJP pedigree!

Trilobite
BGR Member

Post by Trilobite » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:11 pm

Primus wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:34 pm
From what I have heard on YT through BJP spokespersons, the burden of proof did rest with the prosecutors, but they were not appointed by this government although accountable to it. That there has been a scam and of a huge amount is not at dispute (as per the court's judgement, although Congoons claim a complete moral victory nevertheless) and the courts simply could not find the accused guilty because of lack of convincing evidence against these particular rascals.

It is likely, and I hope so, that the BJP and PM's office has learned from both of these recent setbacks and will take corrective action. The case will of course go to higher courts. As Patra pointed out, it took 17 long years for Lalloo to be convicted and yet he was. So also were Jessica's killers.

Yes, a dark hour indeed for us who believe in this government and its leadership, but this is by no means a lost cause, far from it, I remain optimistic that it will prove to be the necessary wake up call. Watch for 2018 to be a real roller-coaster.
What did you think when the Mukul Roy, the Trinamool MP, who was arrested in Sharada scam, chargesheeted in Narada sting by CBI, was welcomed by Amit Shah to join BJP?

Did you see any problem with that? Or not?

When it comes to corruption, BJP is not much different. IN 3-1/2 years it has hardly done anything concrete to fight corruption. It hasn't even appointed a Lokepal.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:40 am

To clean the mud you need to get your hands dirty. Mukul Roy is a compromise and not a policy.

Modi's surprisingly warm meeting with dmk couple of months back can be seen as overture of what followed next.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:42 am

SSundar wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:57 pm
Modi could well do to take some decisive and visible actions here.
My prediction, he will at the most opportune moment. I will wait and see how he reacts to Congoons disrupting parliament until he apologize to "India TSP joint Sovereignty over Kashmir" MMs. I hope ModiJi does not cave in.

harish_ch
BGR Newbie

Post by harish_ch » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:52 am

This is the message circulating in most of my WA grps...

--------
No black money recovered, no 2g scam happened, ganga still unclean,vadra still free. I think I voted just to link my adhaar to my sim card 🤔
-------

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:04 am

hanumadu wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:39 pm
So basically its your 'sense' that some one cheated, but you have no proof. Piyush Goyal is responsible for driving the shift to LEDs, bringing down the prices and bringing the states on board. But he is not responsible for its implementation in the state. So, he should get the credit.

Wow, you call yourself a BJP supporter and a Hindutvawadi, but refuse to give credit to a BJP govt when they clearly deserve it. Your hate for anything Modi is showing.
I suppose according to you Tony Hayward need not have taken responsibility for deepwater horizon. Well in the real world, the head honcho takes responsibility of everything that happens under his watch, even if he doesn’t actually do the work himself. That’s generally what he’s paid the big bucks for.

I’m not a BJP or Modi supporter as such. As long as they are for my values I will support them. If tomorrow there is a more Indic politician, he will earn my vote. That said Pappu won’t get myvote but then again it might be better for Indics if things get bad fast than at a slow pace as the changes can be seen and will generate outrage. Things slowly changing under BJP is like the metaphorical frog being slow boiled. It won’t know till it is too late.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:13 am

JohnTitor wrote:As far as Karnataka is concerned, BJP will not be the choice.
In KA if BJP gets trounced (which most likely it will), it is purely because of local issues and the infighting within the BJP. No point in blaming the central government or Modi for the same.
Corruption at ministerial level might not be there but it still is part of daily life. From license to building houses, reporting it to the concerned minister has had no effect.
Don't know the exact details, but building houses (and the legislations there of) are essentially in the perview of the states. In KA, every thing works on bribe; and no point in blaming people outside KA for the same.
Heck, If one goes to Mysore you will see exactly half the streetlights have been replaced with LED bulbs, the others have remained the same. Someone has obviously cheated the exchequer.
Why do we have to blame the central government here? Maintaining of city facilities like street lights etc. is the job of the city corporation. If Mysore City corporation failed in its job, Karnataka state government should pull them up to task. But what happens is that Mysore City Corp. is corrupt and greedy, their supervisors at KA state govt. level is even more greedy. And both can blame some one else, sitting miles away (and get away with it).
Indrad wrote:voters out there do not read Bharat Ganrajya or may not be as well informed as you yet their vote counts as much as yours!
Perfectly agreed. I mean if you read Bharat Ganrajya, you may feel that the expectation of the Indian voter is that Narendra Modi actually starts his day by getting on a Bajaj Chetak scooter, get a list of immediate pro-Hindutwa tasks which he needs to carry out, and just carries them out and comes back. If that task means walking up to the opposition party offices and whipping the people out there (like how Jesus Christ whipped a few crooks), then so be it.

The average Indian voter has very many other issues & concerns, and generally also have a different bench mark when it comes to tolerance and giving people a second chance. BJP, Na.Mo or Amit Shah did not reach the current position after reading BRF or BGF. I am sure that they have a better ear to the ground, than most of us here.
Supratik wrote:Ignore the black money "patriots" on this forum.
Loved this new term. Yes, to be honest I am seeing many people singing a very different tune after the De.Mo excercise. Can't blame any such person. I mean; pro-BJP or anti-BJP is all good if one can carry on with the usual style of doing business in India.
gauravsh wrote:Every time someone critiques Modi ji, people simply resort to what's the alternative. As head of government it's his responsibility to make sure that right people are are right places. Be it Jetli, mukul rohatgi or anyone else.
I don't think any one would agree for Modi to abdicate his responsibility. But if this is the reason for asking him to resign or pull down the government, then such people should also help us finding an alternative person who can work according to their satisfaction. Here people are complaining that Modi should get chucked out, because he is not being "Hindutwavadi" enough. Some want him to go because of De.Mo (agree with De.Mo, but it was not successful or was not done in the expected way of the commentator). Few others want him to go because of one court throwing out a CBI charge sheet.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:21 am

Appoint subbu swamy as the public prosecutor / attorney general, i say ...

sanjayC
BGR Member

Post by sanjayC » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:43 am

Trilobite wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:11 pm
Primus wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:34 pm

What did you think when the Mukul Roy, the Trinamool MP, who was arrested in Sharada scam, chargesheeted in Narada sting by CBI, was welcomed by Amit Shah to join BJP?

Did you see any problem with that? Or not?

When it comes to corruption, BJP is not much different. IN 3-1/2 years it has hardly done anything concrete to fight corruption. It hasn't even appointed a Lokepal.
Is politics a morality contest? Do we want honest king Harishchandra in politics? The purpose is to make compromises here and there and take hard action elsewhere, all in a bid to hold on to power so that you can execute your agenda. People who are holding Modi to some lofty moral benchmarks of honesty and innocence in a field full of cunning, cut-throat politicians are really juvenile, and understand little of how power is acquired and held on to. This morality itch is a bane of Hindus for the last 1000 years. This has made them incapable of being ruthless and shrewd. Where would Shivaji be if he had refused to be shrewd and cunning with Mughals?

madhub
BGR Newbie

Post by madhub » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:07 am

I think from now on, modi will have an uphill task to turn the tide. Even though Gujarat has been won by Modi as he has got 15 less then last time and congress has gained the spin by lutyens media is spinning at as if Modi has lot.
In KA if BJP gets trounced (which most likely it will), it is purely because of local issues and the infighting within the BJP. No point in blaming the central government or Modi for the same.
I think Karnataka is also not in favor of BJP. My guess is it will be a hung and Cong + JDS will form a coalition and again people and congress will spin it as diminishing Modi charisma. Even if we know that is it because of infight between yeddy-ananta- eashvarappa
To add to this the 2G verdict will haunt the government in 2019. Get ready for more award vapasi, few riots and intolerance….
The real test of MAD is now.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:30 am

I'd give NM some time before jumping the gun, to correct this 2g cr@pshoot. Just saying, coz not everything can happen overnight.

But no signal, no action even after weeks would be the beginning of the quagmire for Modi sarkar, sorry to have to say. Onlee.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:43 am

sanjayC wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:43 am
Is politics a morality contest? Do we want honest king Harishchandra in politics? The purpose is to make compromises here and there and take hard action elsewhere, all in a bid to hold on to power so that you can execute your agenda. People who are holding Modi to some lofty moral benchmarks of honesty and innocence in a field full of cunning, cut-throat politicians are really juvenile, and understand little of how power is acquired and held on to. This morality itch is a bane of Hindus for the last 1000 years. This has made them incapable of being ruthless and shrewd. Where would Shivaji be if he had refused to be shrewd and cunning with Mughals?
+1008

Absolutely.

There is no need for Modi to be Harishchandra. We all know he has india's interest in his heart and he is working for its best. So it is in his and our interest that he stay in power. And if staying in power requires some tact and being cut-throat, so be it. He needs to go after the criminals we know the scamsters are.

Morality will get us nowhere when dealing on the global stage, where did welcoming the brits get us?