Ram Sethu

News and Discussions about politics, current affairs, international relations, economy, elections, state level politics etc.
This forum is strictly moderated.
Peregrine
BGR Newbie

Ram Sethu

Post by Peregrine » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:05 pm

'Ram Setu' exists, is man-made, claims promo on US TV channel

NEW DELHI: The spotlight is back on the mythological 'Ram Setu' between India and Sri Lanka, after a show on the Science Channel in the US hinted that such a structure may actually exist outside of mythology.

A promo released by the channel suggests that the bridge - also called Adam's Bridge - may not be a natural formation and may have been built by humans.

"Are the ancient Hindu myths of a land bridge connecting India and Sri Lanka true? Scientific analysis suggests they are," says text accompanying the promo.

Citing images from a Nasa satellite, the show claims that investigators have found a line of rocks 30 miles long between Sri Lanka and India.

The stones in the image are sitting on a 'sandbar', which occurs in areas with shallow water. As geologist Erin Argyilan explains, sand could accumulate between the land masses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm6WRehfqos
Ram Setu not a natural formation but man made

Shandilya
BGR Newbie

Re: RAM SETHU

Post by Shandilya » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:23 am

Nala, a descendant of Viswakarma, the architect of the gods came forward to engineer the bridge and accomplish it with the help of the huge vaaner sena-army.

Ramayana says the bridge thus built on the ocean with wood logs and stone boulders was 10 yojanas wide and 100 yojanas long. The 1:10 proportion of Ram Setu clearly corresponds to the rough physical extent of the ruins of the structure today measuring 3.5 kms wide and 35 kms long. books make a mention about the existence of a 35 Kms long bridge above the sea level that could be walked on by foot till 1480 AD.

In 1804, a British Cartographer called this Adam’s Bridge in his map supported by the Abrahamic myth that talks of a man named Adam crossing this bridge on foot to reach Adam’s peak located in Sri Lanka.

A special kind of stones is found employed in the construction of Ramayana Bridge which could float on water. Air trapped silica shells, pumice stones or the hardened foam of lava from volcanoes are some examples of floating stones. During Tsunami, strange black color floating stones were discovered in the Rameshwaram region and their origins were not discovered so far. These stones have no resemblance whatsoever to the volcanic pumice stones. Till today we do not have any geological explanation to ascribe the origin to the kind of stones that make up the Ramayana Bridge. Several arguments that his bridge is made of natural sand bunds or coral rocks are altogether dismissed since coral is calcium carbonate and this dense material can never float on water. Also, coral stones can never occur in the sea except on hard surfaces. We do not have a concrete theory to consider Ram Setu a natural phenomenon. The mentions of Ram Setu in Ramayana clearly coincide with the present location of this bridge. A number of characteristics of this structure go into say that this could not be a natural occurrence. Therefore we have strong bases to conclude that the engineers of the Bridge during Ramayana times had a superior engineering technology to make stones float on water and thus built this bridge which is till date an engineering marvel.

ashthor
BGR Newbie

Post by ashthor » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:15 am

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:46 pm

http://www.ibtimes.com/sumatran-rhino-b ... go-2628906

The rise in sea level that islanded indonesia in pleistocene epoch would have affected lanka also. 9000 yrs ago mayches the est of ramayana era

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:46 pm

http://www.ibtimes.com/sumatran-rhino-b ... go-2628906

The rise in sea level that islanded indonesia in pleistocene epoch would have affected lanka also. 9000 yrs ago mayches the est of ramayana era

KJo
Forum Moderator

Re: Ram Sethu

Post by KJo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:35 pm

When it comes to Hindu sacred places like Ram Sethu, RJB etc, everyone demands "proof". The discussion goes to whether Ram and Krishna existed. But when it comes to Christianity and Islam, no one demands any proof. Then it becomes a "matter of faith".
So we should deal with it in the same way. It doesn't matter whether there was a temple beneath Babri Masjid or not. Hindus believe Ram was born there and that is the end of story. If they contest if Ram really existed, then I say that Jesus and Muhammad never existed.
I have used this argument with some Muslim friends and they were flabbergasted. How could I contest the existence of Muhammad?? If you contest Krishna, I contest Muhammad. Simple.

So I believe Ram built the Sethu to go to Lanka. That is it. It becomes holy to me. The historical stuff comes only within the Hindu community and not for outsiders.

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:14 pm

True about the demand for 'proof' when it comes to Hindu sites/history.
Part of this is how we ourselves portray our history. As Rajiv Malhotra ji states often in both his books and his videos, itihas is not mythology.
To Jews and Evangelical Christians, Moses parting the sea is historical fact. To Muslims, Mohammed flying to Jerusalem on a female donkey Al Buraaq is history. In India, everything is mythology.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:00 pm

So I believe Ram built the Sethu to go to Lanka. That is it. It becomes holy to me.
I fully agree with above lines, no sarcasm. Ram Setu should be protected.Any scheme or project that harms Ram Setu should be scrapped. And if any Minister of IAS is lobbying for such project, he should be expelled asap

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:32 am

Shakuni wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:14 pm
True about the demand for 'proof' when it comes to Hindu sites/history.
Part of this is how we ourselves portray our history. As Rajiv Malhotra ji states often in both his books and his videos, itihas is not mythology.
To Jews and Evangelical Christians, Moses parting the sea is historical fact. To Muslims, Mohammed flying to Jerusalem on a female donkey Al Buraaq is history. In India, everything is mythology.
True. And it is Hindus who are to blame for this? Nobody forced Hindus to call their history mythology and their heroes as legends/myth. I had a twitter spat with a idiot Yuppie Hindu who said Jesus Christ is a historical figure but Bhagwan Rama (ofcourse he didn't say Bhagwan, he just said Ram) is a myth. And such sootiyas claim to be practising Hindus.

These days parents want their kids to become Christenized & Americans and everything about Hinduism or our own culture is seen as regressive & backward. We all want to be brown sahibs.

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:04 pm

Unfortunately, pre-BRF I was one such sootiya too. My awakening happened around 2001-2 especially after I started consciously observing Hindu Dhimmitude all around. And this, despite coming from a family with deep RSS connections.
Now that I am in the Khanate, I see everyone but Hindus asserting identity. Heck, even Muslims have Halal food all around, and this is supposed to be a country that's not entirely friendly to them. I now make it a point to celebrate Diwali, announce temple visits, and attend Hindu events. No one from outside will come and help us, we have to establish our own narrative and protect our interests.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:25 pm

Shakuni, the simple reason is Muslims band together. They help one another. Hindus don't do that. We are busy pulling each other down. We have no unifying factor.
If a Hindu asserts himself and loses his job, he is all alone. Muslims will come to another Muslims rescue and take care of him.

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:45 pm

KJo Saar, you're right, but IMO there is another factor.
Recently, I met a guy who was visiting from desh with intentions to move to the Khanate over the next few months/this year. While discussing the general atmosphere in Khan, I referred to some explicitly Yahoodi organisations such as Yahoodi tech groups, finance professionals, bitcoin etc. I suggested we start a Hindu group for tech professionals, since the other groups catering to Indians tend to refer to 'South Asia'. His demeanour changed completely, telling me that it would be racist to do so. Thousand years of Dhimmitude + Nehruvian Idea of India has brainwashed us to believe that a simple advocacy group would be 'racist'.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:50 am

Shakuni wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:45 pm
KJo Saar, you're right, but IMO there is another factor.
Recently, I met a guy who was visiting from desh with intentions to move to the Khanate over the next few months/this year. While discussing the general atmosphere in Khan, I referred to some explicitly Yahoodi organisations such as Yahoodi tech groups, finance professionals, bitcoin etc. I suggested we start a Hindu group for tech professionals, since the other groups catering to Indians tend to refer to 'South Asia'. His demeanour changed completely, telling me that it would be racist to do so. Thousand years of Dhimmitude + Nehruvian Idea of India has brainwashed us to believe that a simple advocacy group would be 'racist'.
Sootiya dhimmis like your friend are simply ashamed of themselves. Simple. No backbone and no pride in family, civilization or culture. Millions of such sootiyas roam Indian cities today. I have many such friends. Highly educated and move in the upper circles of society. One of such sootiyas is a tech guy who has a Muslim partner in his company. Now, that Muslim co-founder is an out & out jehadi and openly so. So this one time this sootiya tech guy who also happens to be a close friend and I are having drinks and I tell him about the views of his jehadi co-founder. Guess what - the sootiya defends the jehadi, flies into a rage and goes one step further - blaming America, RSS, Hindus, RJB, Indian Army, Jews, Israel and everyone under the sun for conspiring against Islam. So I try to educate him about Islamic history of Conquest and brutal destruction of India, hes not convinced, so I do the next best thing - I kick him out the door and tell him to eff-off. Now several of our common friends, who know me as an assertive Hindutva guy, now also know him as a buffoon after I told them explicitly what he said - which will offend even unware Hindus.

It is important to stand your ground and make them cave in. Such sootiyas do not have much ground to stand on. They can hardly mumble 2-3 arguments in support of their opinion and you can easily demolish them. They have zero ammunition. You can outgun and outwit them very easily, ofcourse most of them shut up & run and rarely ever bring the topic up again. So you may not have been able to change his/her mind but atleast you have shown to others what an idiot he/she is and there will very few takers for his PoV going forward. Once you convincingly prove such idiots wrong in front of others, the others are also more receptive to your own arguments.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:00 pm

^

One problem is what to do when such a person is close to you, either a friend or family member whose friendship/love/relation with you is more important than winning an argument or getting your pov across. In such a situation, I gently give them a book or two to read - I either loan one from my own collection or even better, I mail them a copy from Amazon. I tell them we will discuss another time, after they have made a genuine attempt to read the book. Usually they will be honest enough to make that attempt, since they too value your opinion and friendship.

One of the best ones overall is M.A. Khan's own anthology. The first chapter itself is so radically different from what the MSM tells you that it comes as a shocker. Since it is written by a muslim they cannot argue bias.

Generally people have a very short attention span and it is of no use to point them to Rajiv Malhotra, that may be the next step. The idea is to hit them hard from sources that they cannot ignore. Once they begin to doubt all that they know, then you guide them in acquiring further knowledge.

Of course if it is a colleague at work, a casual friend then you don't bother so much.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:21 pm

KJo wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:25 pm
Shakuni, the simple reason is Muslims band together. They help one another. Hindus don't do that. We are busy pulling each other down. We have no unifying factor.
If a Hindu asserts himself and loses his job, he is all alone. Muslims will come to another Muslims rescue and take care of him.
It is because of the Ummah. Any muslim anywhere in the world can and does get help and refuge from another by simply saying 'assalaam aleikum'. I know many IM people who have married Paki muslims - they see nothing wrong with it, since the religion and many other values are shared, and that is the most important thing to them.

Hindus on the other hand are divided along the lines of language, region, caste, custom, and above all, cannot see each other progressing without getting severe heartburn. Certain communities like the Gujaratis will help each other, as do Bengalis and Tamilians. North-Indian Hindus - forget it. We are our own worst enemies.

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:40 pm

^ I help anyone from desh in anyway I can - regardless of where he/she is from. My only due diligence is to check if the person is a JNU-SJW type, in which case they have the azaadi to go pray to Karl Marx to make their dreams come true.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:45 pm

Shakuni wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:40 pm
^ I help anyone from desh in anyway I can - regardless of where he/she is from. My only due diligence is to check if the person is a JNU-SJW type, in which case they have the azaadi to go pray to Karl Marx to make their dreams come true.
Most of us who care do it. I've been out of India for over 30 yrs now, couldn't afford to make ends meet for most of that period, now I can, I do what I am able to. Even when we had no money people would come and pile on, stay with us etc. You do what you have to, in whatever way possible.

If you are so inclined, I highly recommend Ekal Vidyalaya. it is truly Indic and a worthwhile cause to support. There are local chapters everywhere and New York is particularly active.

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:33 pm

Thank you, will look it up, would love to contribute to dharmic organisations in any way I can.

manju
BGR Newbie

Post by manju » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:07 pm

Millions of such sootiyas roam Indian cities today. I have many such friends. Highly educated and move in the u So I try to educate him about Islamic history of Conquest and brutal destruction of India, hes not convinced, so I do the next best thing - I kick him out the door and tell him to eff-off. Now several of our common friends, who know me as an assertive Hindutva guy, now also know him as a buffoon after I told them explicitly what he said - which will offend even unware Hindus.

Kudos to you!

Hope people with this kind of attitude reach critical mass (heard it is 3% of population), then the rest will start following us..

With good friends with whom i can take the liberty to abuse them I go all out and call them "ignorant cootiyas,, etc" and all and am totally unapologetic. Over the last 2 decades, I have seen many move into our camp. I still I have one psec mallu buddy- he is the ultimate litmus test.. if and when he changes mind, we would have truly seen the change!!

manju
BGR Newbie

Post by manju » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:10 pm

One problem is what to do when such a person is close to you, either a friend or family member whose friendship/love/relation with you is more important than winning an argument or getting your pov across.
Agree, it is dicey with people where you dont have the liberty to be aggressive (like buddys and close cousins). In such cases need to use more tact.. but with out being defensive..