The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Chandragupta
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by Chandragupta » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:21 am

If you see her Twitter timeline, you will vomit. Not even Kejriwal's wife is so attention hungry.

nachiket
BGR Newbie

Post by nachiket » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:05 am

BJP has been in power in Gujarat for 22 years. Regardless of how well they performed the anti-incumbency factor will be huge after such a long time. It is a testament to how low the credibility of the Congress has fallen in the state that they aren't runaway favorites to win, especially now that their arch-nemesis has moved to a higher calling and is no longer the CM.

Even then if they win we'll have the usual refrain of OMG! #yuuugeblowtomodi #mudishouldrejine etc. etc in the sold out media we have.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:16 am

abhijit wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:44 am
No issues if she already has a glittering career. But this seems like milking husband's position for self gain. Cant categorize it as corruption, but unethical it is. But why single out her when there are countless precedence.
Nobody is questioning that, it's about her EJ'ing, please see the twitter message. Both husband and wife are promoting X'mas while running down Indian festivals and taking anti yindoo stands.

sanjayC
BGR Member

Post by sanjayC » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:28 am

Karthik wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:16 am
abhijit wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:44 am
No issues if she already has a glittering career. But this seems like milking husband's position for self gain. Cant categorize it as corruption, but unethical it is. But why single out her when there are countless precedence.
Nobody is questioning that, it's about her EJ'ing, please see the twitter message. Both husband and wife are promoting X'mas while running down Indian festivals and taking anti yindoo stands.
This couple behaves as country bumpkins who cannot believe their luck at suddenly coming into limelight and all the attention they are getting. They are over-excited and running into all sorts of people, trying to make the most of the opportunity for social climbing

arshyam
BGR Member

Post by arshyam » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:29 am

Didn't MH ban Deepavali as well this year? Figures.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:43 am

Its all right if she had a roaring career before Mr Fadnavis became a CM. But she was a nobody in the entertainment Industry. And we know C-system- Bhaiwood linkages to Bollywood, they can now be easily used for their interests.

And look at her career, per wiki
[*As a banker, She is working with Axis Bank since last 14 years. She joined as Executive – cashier & currently working as Deputy Vice President – Corporate Head West India, Transaction Banking Department. She shifted to the corporate office at Worli, Mumbai in January 2015 and continued working with Axis bank even after her husband became the Chief Minister of Maharashtra.]

That is hardly a normal career growth which a person without influence can dream to expect.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:50 am

1. And we'll have to count on what, this DevF cleaning up the bhaiwood nexus with the underworld? When his 'better' half is so involved there?

2. And to think at one time I thought after NM and Amit Shah it would come dowen to Yogi ji versus DevF for BJP PM candidate in 2029 thereabouts. #Shux.

3. Its true the guy is a bram from nagpur, grew up in a traditional bram family, family linkages with the sangh and so on and yet this?? Good that word is getting out. Qs will be raised and asked within and outside the sangh, as they should.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:11 pm

^
Sadly, the lure of fame and recognition in the arts can be deadly for many who are otherwise hard working people in another field. Many a patriot has succumbed to the need to be applauded for mediocre capabilities in singing, acting or even writing poetry. All it takes is a gentle nudge and a suggestion that they too could become star performers. There is a secret longing in many people to be recognized as talented artists when the truth is that at best they are only capable of entertaining at family gatherings.

Mrs. F is no exception. Imagine her delight if Bhaiwood can promise her a path to stardom. And like so many other men, Mr. F would love nothing more than to pamper his wife's wishes. Sometimes people are blind to what is right in front of them. Sad....

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:15 pm

chetak wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:51 am
Klnmurthy wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:41 am
Primus wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:23 pm
The other question this raises is why would an ex Army Chief attend this meeting. One can perhaps understand the diplomats and ministers who are/were all Cong pasand, but why Kapoor? was he also sympathetic to the old regime? I know he was appointed in MMS's time, but my understanding is that the Chiefs of the Services are independent of political influence, or at least should be. Maybe I am naive in this regard :-(
Sadly the higher echelons of the armed forces are not immune from what would honestly be described as treason. We have several examples of former Admirals (can't think of generals besides Gen. Kapoor for the moment) who have clearly been card-carrying members of BIF for all practical purposes.

I imagine that they don't see themselves that way--they have their own "idea of India" which seems (roughly) to be a continuation of the Mughal Empire's socio-political arrangement. As for the "other", long-suffering common man's India, it either doesn't concern them at all, or they regard any assertion of that "other" India with active hostility, an enemy to be subjugated at all costs.

I think that this meeting of a who's who of BIF with Kasuri and the Paki ambassador makes perfect sense in this context.
the (dis)honored guest list.

I think a few may be missing or deliberately kept hidden

Wow, must be some dinner party! I agree there may be others who are not listed. This one reads like a who's who of anti-Modi and anti-BJP in the top echelons of Con(g)dom.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:18 pm

She is a typical social climber. I have seen plenty of them here in Dilli billi circles. Her dressing sense is a dead give away too. She is trying too hard & it shows. The Bhaiwood & C-system elites must be laughing their backsides off at her behind her back but on her face, they must be uttering sweet nothings. From a executive- cashier to a deputy vice president, are you freaking kidding me?

Mark my words, his wife will be his downfall not that he is a sharp guy anyway. BJP will do well to remove this publicity hungry couple from the CM gaddi.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:24 pm

Tell me, does this suit a CM's wife?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3pOIsl-iG0

She can't sing can't dance and comes across as a C grade wannabe teenager.

Ofcourse, one thing I must say that she is very young looking for her age. Good for you. But now please vacate the CM's house along with your husband.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:53 pm

I suspect most of us go to friday parties and behave like some thrice born white. But when it comes to political leaders, they had to be like next swamy vivekananda.

Shame on people who keep harassing someone for living the life of her choice. Not one guy sticks his head out for any leader out there. In this forum alone, I had to defend even people like Modiji in past. Now this women became black mark on whole Hindu society.

Don't tell me you guys don't say happy christmas to your christian friends. I am sure many here are only Internet heros who act like super sickular guys in real life.

kvjayan
BGR Newbie

Post by kvjayan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:29 pm

chetak wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:51 am
Klnmurthy wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:41 am
Primus wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:23 pm
The other question this raises is why would an ex Army Chief attend this meeting. One can perhaps understand the diplomats and ministers who are/were all Cong pasand, but why Kapoor? was he also sympathetic to the old regime? I know he was appointed in MMS's time, but my understanding is that the Chiefs of the Services are independent of political influence, or at least should be. Maybe I am naive in this regard :-(
Sadly the higher echelons of the armed forces are not immune from what would honestly be described as treason. We have several examples of former Admirals (can't think of generals besides Gen. Kapoor for the moment) who have clearly been card-carrying members of BIF for all practical purposes.

I imagine that they don't see themselves that way--they have their own "idea of India" which seems (roughly) to be a continuation of the Mughal Empire's socio-political arrangement. As for the "other", long-suffering common man's India, it either doesn't concern them at all, or they regard any assertion of that "other" India with active hostility, an enemy to be subjugated at all costs.

I think that this meeting of a who's who of BIF with Kasuri and the Paki ambassador makes perfect sense in this context.
the (dis)honored guest list.

I think a few may be missing or deliberately kept hidden

Did MS Aiyar invite at least a few relatives of the victims of the numerous Paki terror attacks in Bharat so that they could have had the privilege of enjoying biriyani with the Paki jihadi masters?

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:12 pm

syam wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:53 pm
I suspect most of us go to friday parties and behave like some thrice born white. But when it comes to political leaders, they had to be like next swamy vivekananda.
I don't think it is the same way. People who are against D.F is also giving clear reasons on why they are against him. To be frank; the artist crowd are the easiest group to be made turn-coats. Boost their egos, help them in getting them more chances to show their "artistic talents", give them awards; they would even speak venom on their own kith & kin (leave alone the country). Some one has already posted about Mrs. DF's huge career growth. And add to this, the widely known truth on Bollywood & criminal mafia nexus. Modi & Yogi etc. have one strong point; they are bachelors. I am getting a feeling that if DF continues this way, his wife may become a liability to his political career. And I am still surprised that this gent flew below the radar of the RSS & Sangh.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:21 pm

syam wrote:

Shame on people who keep harassing someone for living the life of her choice. Not one guy sticks his head out for any leader out there. In this forum alone, I had to defend even people like Modiji in past. Now this women became black mark on whole Hindu society.

Don't tell me you guys don't say happy christmas to your christian friends. I am sure many here are only Internet heros who act like super sickular guys in real life.
Aww, come on. Nobody is being sickular. Greeting somebody on their festival is a far cry from promoting said festival above your own. There is nothing wrong with the pursuit of one's dreams too. However, if people hold the position of the head of government - and by extension therefore their spouse(s) - then it behooves them to maintain a certain decor and exercise some discretion in their choice of social activities. While drinking and visiting a strip bar is certainly within the realm of legal entertainment that every citizen is entitled to, I am sure the aam junta would not be too happy if the head of their state or their church/temple were seen to be doing so. Now, this is not what Mrs. F is seen doing, and nobody would object if she was another Lata Mangeshkar - in fact they would adore her even more - but for the First Lady of MH to behave like a starlet with aspirations of big time on the silver screen just leaves a bad taste. But I am alright even with that choice of hers, if she does not in doing so affect her husband's ability to run the state as it should.

There is also nothing wrong with singing Christmas Carols with a group of visiting missionaries, as long as you give equal importance to the sensitivities of the majority population that has put you in the position you are in. So banning fireworks on Diwali on the flimsy excuse of pollution does not go down well with me, there are other ways to address the issue if it is truly relevant, which I believe it was not. When the same person(s) then is seen openly signing up for and promoting the slow but sure conversion of Dharmic values to Judeo-Christian then it does cause some discomfort.

There is unfortunately more pomp and glamour on Christmas in Delhi than it is in many western cities. I was in the Saket mall two years ago in December and was shocked to see the garish decorations, live bands, Santa outfits, Nativity scenes, free toy train rides and what not. More so that in my local mall where I live which is one of the biggest and most popular in a 30 mile radius. More Indians want to celebrate Valentine's day than Raksha Bandhan, even when the tradition is dying out in the West. How many observe Mother's Day instead, or Thanksgiving? Those are the events to promote, because they are non-denominational and ought to be a part of the fabric of every society.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:13 pm

To me, as it is to most nationalists I would think the presence of ex army chief and pukes like Ajai Shukla who is know for BJP hatred (wonder how this scum bag ever got to the army) is more depressing than someone like MMS who "South Asia", paki pasand, anti Hindu (recall, he blamed RSS for the slaughter of Sikhs in 1984) antecedents are well known.

According to Shukla puke, there were BJP people also in addition to the hate Modi brigade list above. He refused to divulge the names because the so called love fest with Paki terrorist masters was "private". I posit that they was Arun Shourie for sure, and maybe even Yashwant Sinha (this guy was hawk against Pakis until his unbridled hostility towards ModiJi made him a member of the pro-Pak WKK club, he recently saud that TSP isa stakeholder in Kashmir, the very same guy who said Pakis should not be touched with foot-long pole just a few months back).
Last edited by crams on Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manju
BGR Newbie

Post by manju » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:13 pm

Sachin wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:12 pm
syam wrote:
I don't think it is the same way. People who are against D.F is also giving clear reasons on why they are against him. To be frank; the artist crowd are the easiest group to be made turn-coats. Boost their egos, help them in getting them more chances to show their "artistic talents", give them awards; they would even speak venom on their own kith & kin (leave alone the country). Some one has already posted about Mrs. DF's huge career growth. And add to this, the widely known truth on Bollywood & criminal mafia nexus. Modi & Yogi etc. have one strong point; they are bachelors. I am getting a feeling that if DF continues this way, his wife may become a liability to his political career. And I am still surprised that this gent flew below the radar of the RSS & Sangh.
Second this! All other allegations were ok but this bollywood connection makes me very uncomfortable. I agree from what can be seen in public it appears his wife will be cause for his downfall. .... unless all this is some kind of chanakyan move///

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:28 pm

nachiket wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:05 am
BJP has been in power in Gujarat for 22 years. Regardless of how well they performed the anti-incumbency factor will be huge after such a long time. It is a testament to how low the credibility of the Congress has fallen in the state that they aren't runaway favorites to win, especially now that their arch-nemesis has moved to a higher calling and is no longer the CM.

Even then if they win we'll have the usual refrain of OMG! #yuuugeblowtomodi #mudishouldrejine etc. etc in the sold out media we have.
Leaving aside all obinion bolls, anti-incumbency factor, cambaigning issues etc, the fundamental point is the basic intelligence and mental sanity of the Gujarat voter. After 20+ years of stable, beaceful, and brosberous BJP goremint (and comparing to the horrors that existed before that including the plague in Su-rat), it is hard to imagine that they would gamble with their fortunes and elect the Congis "just for fun" or "to vent anger".

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:38 pm

KL Dubey wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:28 pm
After 20+ years of stable, beaceful, and brosberous BJP goremint (and comparing to the horrors that existed before that including the plague in Su-rat), it is hard to imagine that they would gamble with their fortunes and elect the Congis "just for fun" or "to vent anger".
+1. I don't know if I can understand that Gujrathi psyche. But being a business community, I don't think the average chappie out there would have an idea of "revenge" in their mindset. They would still have a much more long term goal in mind, and only see how much business benefits would come towards them. "Blind by hatred"; I have not seen this quality among shrewd businessmen. That seem to be the forte of more "martial clans"; who are bit hot headed in general (with all due respects to them).

sanjayC
BGR Member

Post by sanjayC » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:42 pm

Girish S‏ @girishs2
@narendramodi @AmitShah
I 'm getting lot of negative feedback from Nagpur abt Fadnavis family . Devendra 's elder bro has also relocated to Mumbai? This family is getting sucked into glitz and glamour of Mumbai. Need probe
@Dev_Fadnavis @fadnavis_amruta

Klnmurthy
BGR Newbie

Post by Klnmurthy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:14 pm

syam wrote:

That's all really irrelevant. Whatever you are assuming "we" do in RL, we don't have any power to determine the destinies of millions of people just based on our personal choices or whims and fancies.

So, yes, I can be a drunkard but still feel concerned that a PM or CM maybe making big decisions in a drunken state. That doesn't make me a hypocrite, just someone with common sense, aka sense of proportion.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:10 pm

Guys, someone help explain what I have observed. This is regarding that Muslim guy in Rajasthan who was hacked and then burnt (I assume this is true, because from the video Isaw, it was very blurry and couldn't really make out much).

Now, as per the round-the-clock propaganda from Libtards, usual stuff, "Hinduthva fascists" on a Muslim lynching spree, This happened because of love Jihad crusade by BJP/RSS, ModiJi is silent, Vasundra Raje is silent, Hinduthva supporters on social media justifying and celebrating the lynching, breakdown of civilization, yada yada.

Now to some facts:

1. The police in Rajasthan did indeed arrest the killer.

2. This may or may not be factual, but some reports said, the Hindu guy as a mentally de-ranged nut case loser in life. And some reports went to add that he and the guy he killed had a history of fights. Of course, none of thi justifies the barbarity he alleged to by guilt of.

3. It is a fact that neither Raje or ModiJi spoke out as the libtrads demand. But they need not, and here is why. I have with my own eyes witnessed unbelievable cruelty in Bangalore and AP when fights break out between lower strata and poor of society. I recall, one guy stormed into a hospital (that emergency hospital near the football stadium in Bangalore, forget the name) and hacked to death with pick axe some guy he was in a fight with who was lying in a hospital bed. It was some kind of caste/financial dispute. Nobody asked the PM of India or CM of Karnataka to speak up.

My point is that from my vantage point, this was cold-blooded barbarity. And it happens all the time in India, and Omar Abdullah's keep sitting in an air conditioned UnDy studio with designer clothes in Lutyen's Delhi and self righteously pontificating may not know it. Had the victim been another Hindu, nobody would have spoken about it. But because he a Muslim, libtrads and ModiJi haters just seized on it and launched into an avalanche of hateful propaganda against BJP. And any condemnation by BJP leaders fell on deaf ears. The libtrads wanted Raje's head at the very least. Under these circumstances, I can perfectly understand why Raje was mute (in fact, she did condemn the killing but that was no enough for BJP haters).

So question I have is where is the truth in all this? Anybody knows?

Shyamal
BGR Newbie

Post by Shyamal » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:59 pm

"Intolerance" has very little traction any more. Specially as BJP or any Sangh affiliate cannot be directly connected to this incident.
Other than die-hard commies, I have not seen any comment about this RJ incident in my FB feed or in real life among my acquaintances.
In bengal its being given a "son of bengal got killed" slant but I have not seen a single person who cared about that. Even commies acknowledge that this "line" should not be overused, otherwise this will end up the same as "intolerance".

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:27 pm

Gujarat Assembly polls: For many Muslims, EVM the real enemy

Could just be media nonsense but it is possible that a section of peaceful are willing to believe the story about EVM tampering.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:40 pm

Now that the campaigning is over and in less than 24 hours we will know the result of exit polls, let me stick my neck out.

First, contrary to all the hate ModiJi rhetroic, I do not believe that ModiJi crossed the line at all in invoking TSP. TSP is India's nemesis and is always plotting against India, no matter how much the libtards and their western slave master caricature Indian nationalists' concerns visa vi TSP as "conspiracy" and "paranoia". Actually TSP knows.

So here is my prediction. Recall, the Shamshaan Vs Khabristaan moment in UP elections. This time, its the "TSP rooting for Ahmed Patel" (and its true, some Paki official did say that) that might very well swing many voters towards the BJP. This is a perfectly legitimate trick ModiJi pulled, although I must admit that it does have the polarizing effect. But so what? I am not for mindless polarization and demonization of any community including Muslims, but when Paki scum bags enter the fray and root for an Indian Muslim, all bets are off.