Social Media Thread

News and Discussions about politics, current affairs, international relations, economy, elections, state level politics etc.
This forum is strictly moderated.
jamwal
BGR Member

Social Media Thread

Post by jamwal » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:37 am

We already have a thread for Twitter, but majority of people are on Whatsapp and Facebook rather than on Twitter. Even the poor have low-end smartphones and these two are perhaps the only social media platforms they use due to it's convenience, ease of use and no limit on characters, videos among other factors.
A lot of people are complaining about the flood of misleading information being spread by AAP-CONs and leftists. This thread can be a reference point for countering the false propaganda. Instead of individually typing posts, we can share those here and help distribute them to people in our circles. Types of posts meant for this thread:

1) Pro-India images, videos, texts and other media which can be shared on social media platforms including but not limited to Whatsapp and Facebook.

2) Counters to malicious propaganda like the petrol prices bullshit, Reliance JIO GST evasion and others.

You can use Whatsapp on computer.

Open https://web.whatsapp.com.
If you're not already logged in, it'll show you a QR code.
Open Whatsapp on your phone/tablet and click on drop down icon on extreme right .
Click on WhatsappWeb and scan the QR code on screen.
And you are logged in to Whatsapp on computer too.

Both devices need to have a working internet connection for this.

Sharing images

There are a number of pretty good websites for sharing images like http://imgur.com , https://www.flickr.com, https://photos.google.com and many others. Google photos will take backups of most of your pictures by default on Android phones.

Downloading videos
From youtube:
Add pwn in fron of yourtube url to download them as video or audio files.
Example:
Original video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOa04NN1M_Q
To download it: https://pwnyoutube.com/watch?v=UOa04NN1M_Q

From Facebook

Rightclick on video and click on Show URL.
Copy url and paste it on http://fbdown.net.

From Twitter
Copy paste the Tweet link on http://twittervideodownloader.com.
Click on the Tweet text, not video itself to get the link in addressbar of browser.

Most of these videos can be shared on Whatsapp and other places.
Last edited by jamwal on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Re: Social Media Thread

Post by Gus » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:39 am

Jai - I tried the twitter video downloader. It is only downloading 0 byte clips. Is it working for you?

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:42 am

Yes it is.

Click on TWEET (like on the text accompanying the video), not video itself. You will get a link in addressbar like https://twitter.com/TheOneDhawan/status ... 5707860992
Paste this link on http://twittervideodownloader.com and download

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:11 pm

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:41 pm

jamwal wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:42 am
Yes it is.

Click on TWEET (like on the text accompanying the video), not video itself. You will get a link in addressbar like https://twitter.com/TheOneDhawan/status ... 5707860992
Paste this link on http://twittervideodownloader.com and download
Not working. I am trying to get this

https://twitter.com/sush091979/status/9 ... 3858466817

Not sure if it is something in my laptop that prevents file transfer to local.

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:45 pm

I an download from this link just fine. Maybe try some other browser and disable script blocking for this website.

Sicanta
BGR Newbie

Post by Sicanta » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:46 pm

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:50 pm

Here is a post I received on FB from a person who is Hindu nationalist. This is what we are up against:
Take note - How the Left Narrative wins by 'default' among youth
During a social engagement over the weekend, I struck up a conversation with a young kid (12th grade) who happened to be seated next to me at the banquet. For the first few mins it was a usual "uncle and kid" talk - which school, which grade, SAT, college applications, intended major, etc. etc. I asked which major she is interested in, and the colleges she is applying. She replied that she is interested in pursuing 'International Law' and she is targeting Univ. of Chicago, Northwestern Univ, Yale, etc. The choice of major provoked my interest (both her parents are doctors), and I decided to probe further, taking the queries gradually to different levels. To my surprise and amazement this young lady held her own in all kinds of political issues - Trump, Congress, Democrats, Republicans, United Nations, .... on and on. I asked her what prompted her to take of International Law and what specific issues she is interested in? She replied she wants to specialize in the cause of 'stateless peoples'. I further probed - ok, give me an example? Pat came the reply - the 'Rohingyas in Mynmar' ! What ??? She lucidly narrated her point of view on the issue - all Left propaganda. It was like listening to a Washington DC policy wonk. A kid in 12th grade with such deep insights. I consciously decided not to let my Hindu political animal be out, instead, I listened to her very very carefully. I asked her where she got her information and perspective from? She replied - from 'snapchat'. Rohingyas on Snapchat ??? What the hell is the locus standi of 'snapchat' in such a serious political and policy matter? I always thought social media, by and large, is used by brainless idiots who could not compose a cogent phrase in the English language, more than 140 characters. I asked her - 'how do you discuss an issue such as Rohingyas in a forum where you can post only pictures'? She said, 'Uncle, you are confusing snapchat with instagram'. Oh no ! I made a complete fool of myself in front of this kid. For a moment I thought I knew a thing or two about the technology - Reminiscing the FIDONet years in late 1980s when there was no wired Internet, which required messages to be transmitted via modem dialins; After which came the character-based USENET newsgroups on supercomputers, the advent of TCP/IP, the coming of world wide web, ... and right down to apps on smartphones - much water has flown down the Ganga, the Volga, the Nile, the Mississippi, the Amazon combined. I have seen, and assumed, a dumbing down of the intellect and the discourse. I had presumed that those who read and wrote books are a quality above.
Then, it hit me like a ton of bricks! A new generation is in the works. Perhaps there is no dumbing down after all. It is just that the new generation will source its research and knowledge differently than what I was used to. This new generation will have its thinkers, intellectuals, leaders, and statesmen. As I write this reflective note, there is an empire-builder out there in the making. My self-ego (and the accompanying qualified arrogance) lies shattered. For good. The reason to worry is that the Left narrative might have already taken hold in the new media. I got to hear from a 12th grader how Modi and Yogi are both "majoritarian supremacists" who are denying justice to the muslims.
For the Internet Hindu activists there is a new frontier .....

Mort Walker
BGR Member

Post by Mort Walker » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:21 am

jamwal wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:11 pm
We'll know for sure by the end of this month.

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:04 am

geeth wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:58 pm
Database Performance of Modi Government. Know your government with all the statistics.

*Number of Village left Unelectrified*
```2014: 18452
2017: 3937```
```Grameen Vidyutikaran - Minister: Piyush Goyal```

*Number of new LPG connections*
```2004 - 2014: 5.3 Cr
2014 - 2017: 6.95 Cr
Ujjawala Yojana - Minister: Dharmendra Pradhan```

*Electronic manufacturing in India*
```2014: ₹11,198 Cr.
2017: ₹1,43,000 Cr.
Make In India - Minister: RS Prasad```

*Mobile Banking in India*
```2013-14: 94.7 million
2017: 722.2 million
Digital India - Minister: RS Prasad, Manoj Sinha```

*Sanitation Coverage*
```2014: 42%
2017: 64%
Swachh Bharat Minister: Narendra Tomor```

*Ease of doing business in India*
```(Ranking by World Bank)
2014-15: 142
2016: 130
No Minister, Credit Goes To NITI Ayog led by Amitabh Kant```
*WEFs Travel and Tourism Ranking*
```2014: 65th
2017: 40th
Incredible India Minister: Mahesh Sharma```

*Solar Power Generation*
```2014: 2,621 MW
2017: 12,277 MW
Renewables Minister: Piyush Goyal```

*Optical Fibre Network* ```(Including Rural)
2013-14: 358 Kms
2017: 2,05,404 Kms
Best Accomplishment - Minister: Manoj Sinha, Past: RS Prasad```

*Rural Road Construction*
```2011 - 2014: 81,095 Kms
2014-2017: 1,20,233 Kms
Super Speed of Road Minister: Nitin Gadkari```

*Coal Production*
```2013-14: 462 Million Tones
2016-17: 554 million Tones
You will be happy to know that Now Coal Thermal Project are getting canceled because of Solar, We are surplus in both - Coal and Renewables Minister: Piyush Goyal```

*New toilets Construction*
```2013-14: 49.76 Lakh
2016-17: 2.09 Crores
Swachh Bharat - Minister: Narendra Tomor and Vankaiaya Naidu```

*FDI*
```2014: $24.2 million USD
2017: $56.3 million USD
Liberal and Open Economy Minister: Arun Jaitley```

*GDP Growth*
```2014: 6.6%
2017: 5.7%
Minister: Arun Jaitley```

*Fiscal Deficit*
```2013-14: 4.6%
2017: 3.2%
Incredible

*Inflation*
```2014: 11%
2017: 4%
Once again The Boss of Performance Minister: Arun Jaitley```

```Electrification in Railway doubled.

Speed Super Trains like Mahanama, Gatiman, Tejas and Humsafar launched
Cleanliness to providing the Internet at Stations to Redevelopment of Stations
Status of Railways has also improved sharply for sure
Minister: Suresh Prabhu```

*Aur zero scam administration is a bumper bonus.*

Yashu
BGR Newbie

Post by Yashu » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:23 am

AbhishekC wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:50 pm
Here is a post I received on FB from a person who is Hindu nationalist. This is what we are up against:
Take note - How the Left Narrative wins by 'default' among youth
During a social engagement over the weekend, I struck up a conversation with a young kid (12th grade) who happened to be seated next to me at the banquet. For the first few mins it was a usual "uncle and kid" talk - which school, which grade, SAT, college applications, intended major, etc. etc. I asked which major she is interested in, and the colleges she is applying. She replied that she is interested in pursuing 'International Law' and she is targeting Univ. of Chicago, Northwestern Univ, Yale, etc. The choice of major provoked my interest (both her parents are doctors), and I decided to probe further, taking the queries gradually to different levels. To my surprise and amazement this young lady held her own in all kinds of political issues - Trump, Congress, Democrats, Republicans, United Nations, .... on and on. I asked her what prompted her to take of International Law and what specific issues she is interested in? She replied she wants to specialize in the cause of 'stateless peoples'. I further probed - ok, give me an example? Pat came the reply - the 'Rohingyas in Mynmar' ! What ??? She lucidly narrated her point of view on the issue - all Left propaganda. It was like listening to a Washington DC policy wonk. A kid in 12th grade with such deep insights. I consciously decided not to let my Hindu political animal be out, instead, I listened to her very very carefully. I asked her where she got her information and perspective from? She replied - from 'snapchat'. Rohingyas on Snapchat ??? What the hell is the locus standi of 'snapchat' in such a serious political and policy matter? I always thought social media, by and large, is used by brainless idiots who could not compose a cogent phrase in the English language, more than 140 characters. I asked her - 'how do you discuss an issue such as Rohingyas in a forum where you can post only pictures'? She said, 'Uncle, you are confusing snapchat with instagram'. Oh no ! I made a complete fool of myself in front of this kid. For a moment I thought I knew a thing or two about the technology - Reminiscing the FIDONet years in late 1980s when there was no wired Internet, which required messages to be transmitted via modem dialins; After which came the character-based USENET newsgroups on supercomputers, the advent of TCP/IP, the coming of world wide web, ... and right down to apps on smartphones - much water has flown down the Ganga, the Volga, the Nile, the Mississippi, the Amazon combined. I have seen, and assumed, a dumbing down of the intellect and the discourse. I had presumed that those who read and wrote books are a quality above.
Then, it hit me like a ton of bricks! A new generation is in the works. Perhaps there is no dumbing down after all. It is just that the new generation will source its research and knowledge differently than what I was used to. This new generation will have its thinkers, intellectuals, leaders, and statesmen. As I write this reflective note, there is an empire-builder out there in the making. My self-ego (and the accompanying qualified arrogance) lies shattered. For good. The reason to worry is that the Left narrative might have already taken hold in the new media. I got to hear from a 12th grader how Modi and Yogi are both "majoritarian supremacists" who are denying justice to the muslims.
For the Internet Hindu activists there is a new frontier .....
Up against what? Every one has right of opinion and we learn something new always if we want to. If the gentlemam thinks that left is trying to control the narrative on social media which influence the youth what wrong in that the fault is in the left ideology you know please dont troll give us solution hopefully if you can

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:39 am

Yashu wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:23 am
Up against what? Every one has right of opinion and we learn something new always if we want to. If the gentlemam thinks that left is trying to control the narrative on social media which influence the youth what wrong in that the fault is in the left ideology you know please dont troll give us solution hopefully if you can
I posted that to inform HNs over here that RW is losing control over social media. There was a time when RW was in full control over social media and LW was in control of mass media. But today, RW is still not in control of mass media and LW is gaining control of social media. The long term danger is that RW will again lose control over the narrative.

Take a look at what happened to BRF. Some lefty got the forum of 20 years standing banned.

PS
What exactly in my post do you find trolling? If you can't explain that, then your behaviour is trolling - needless provocation.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:40 am

AbhishekC wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:39 am
I posted that to inform HNs over here that RW is losing control over social media. There was a time when RW was in full control over social media and LW was in control of mass media. But today, RW is still not in control of mass media and LW is gaining control of social media. The long term danger is that RW will again lose control over the narrative.

Take a look at what happened to BRF. Some lefty got the forum of 20 years standing banned.

PS
What exactly in my post do you find trolling? If you can't explain that, then your behaviour is trolling - needless provocation.
It is something to do with unorganised nature of our so called RW. Every one wants to make a point. While it looks good at that moment, they are getting played like fools.

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:59 am

Point of this thread is to form a counter to common leftist anti-India anti-Hindu narrative on some common social media platforms.
They have managed to pigeonhole all non-leftist in to certain non favourable stereotypes. We can stl east try to counter thus in whatever way we can.

Little disagreements are unavoidable but don't do blue on blue.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:55 am

Please lets keep this thread only to post and share good counter memes.

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:36 pm

by Abhishekc
I struck up a conversation with a young kid (12th grade) who happened to be seated next to me at the banquet.
I have observed that Kids (especially girls/women) are very liberal till age 30., then they become somewhat center and if there is a hope they become conservative (if had family and children) around 45+ years of age.

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:52 pm

kancha

Post by kancha » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:08 pm

Carrying on the Twitter thread on NDTV. Added about a dozen new tweets
LINK

kancha

Post by kancha » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:07 pm

Just put the above thread into a blog as well. Do have a look and share on
Blog Link
Twitter Link

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:10 pm

has any one checked these screen shots apparently of messages sent by G Kaur, being shared in 1000s? https://twitter.com/AndColorPockeT/stat ... 4554137600

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:16 pm

a complete report on same from op India http://www.opindia.com/2017/10/remember ... ing-memes/
what about other;s FoE?

kancha

Post by kancha » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:31 pm

Indrad wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:16 pm
a complete report on same from op India http://www.opindia.com/2017/10/remember ... ing-memes/
what about other;s FoE?
Exactly. She is being called out for what might amount to criminal intimidation under section 506 of IPC.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:59 pm

this is a post very much applicable to us
https://twitter.com/rahulroushan/status ... 0713921537
Rahul Roushan‏Verified account
@rahulroushan
Establishment is the bunch that systematically controls your thoughts through media and academics, not the govt that's there for 5 years.

+ controls your speech and actions, through judiciary

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:55 pm

plenty of stats and graphs posted from PMO account. Please check it out.

maybe even storify it?

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:21 pm