The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Chandragupta
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by Chandragupta » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:40 pm

abhijit wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:35 pm
reason why they feel comfortable with indian muslims many of whom also share the similar reason
for conversion.
Sorry but 99.9999% of Indian Muslims converted because of the sword and not because of caste. By saying that even 1% converted because of caste is giving ammo to BIF.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:12 pm

Trilobite wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:03 pm
Karthik wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:23 pm
Marry a Dalit, get Rs 2.5 lakhs! Modi govt revises old scheme to promote inter-caste marriage
http://www.timesnownews.com/india/artic ... odi/140890

Another nonsense, what kind of logic is this? What we need is education regarding why jatis were formed. Another drain on tax payers.

This is an insult to the Dalits and can boomerang.
Everyone, please read the article. Typical media mischief. There was already a scheme for this that had an income limit of Rs. 5 lakhs. The ministry is removing that income limit altogether because many states with similar schemes do not have an income limit at all. It is a routine day in Babudom.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:29 pm

Narasimha wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:07 pm
He is busy now on Twitter.
Last tweet I see is November 27th. There isn't any data in his tweets for quite a while now.

shynee
BGR Newbie

Post by shynee » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:37 pm

This is from Nov 14th
Replying to @5Forty3
Stating this purely on political logic (no psephology, no polls, no data) - Gujarat is likely heading for the biggest saffron sweep ever!

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:32 am

INC hypocrisy exposed yet again (yawn). INC lawyers tend to be the worst of the lot or what ... And that rot started from Motilal generations ago, besides...

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:44 am

Geez, this dude clearly chose the wrong career

He would have made a lot more money as a p*rn star, it seems. I haven't bothered to see any of these videos. Knowledgeable :roll: gurus might know whether every one of those was with different women. What, is he trying to compete with Castro for the world record?

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:31 am

abhijit wrote:
I think many Christians understand that - as probably they their ancesy were hindu at some point - but what they truly resent is castism and which may be, just may be, the reason why they feel comfortable with indian muslims many of whom also share the similar reason for conversion.
Where did you hear that there's no casteism in X'tians saar? Please know about things before posting them as facts.

kittoo
BGR Newbie

Post by kittoo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:41 am

Swarajya also had article on how BJP may loose Gujrat-

https://swarajyamag.com/politics/gujara ... ing-in-bjp
From all non-partisan accounts, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) looks set for a shock defeat in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s home state of Gujarat.

The latest Lokniti-CSDS-ABP News opinion poll puts the vote shares of the Congress and the BJP at 43 per cent each, but the seat counts show the BJP a nose ahead with 91-99 against Congress’ 78-86, but this projection could well be wrong. A party needs 92 seats in the 182-member assembly to form a government, and the BJP can hardly be anywhere near this figure. The only way it can win is if its vote-share-to-seats conversion ratio in urban areas goes heavily in its favour, but we can’t be sure of that given urban angst over demonetisation and the goods and services tax (GST).

One should ignore party chief Amit Shah’s claims that he is targeting 150 seats as empty bravado, for the real sentiment came from the Prime Minister himself, when he indirectly hinted that he could be paying a price for his “reforms” and for targeting the corrupt. He said at the Hindustan Times Summit last week: “I am aware of the big political price I will have to pay for the steps I have taken, the path I have chosen, and the destination I want to take the country to. But I am ready for it.”
I am worried indeed. This means win for BIF forces.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:21 am

ABP has started with 150 seats to BJP and steadily reduced it to 90 now with each opinion poll. At the same time, district chiefs and big chunks of congress organisation is joining BJP in Gujarat. Just a few months back, almost half of congress sitting MLAs left congress. Were they unaware of the public mood then?

But then ABP got things entirely wrong in UP. It gave a clear majority to SP-Congress combine.

anishns
BGR Newbie

Post by anishns » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:27 am

Lots of dhoti shivering going on....where is Dilbu???

Deans
BGR Newbie

Post by Deans » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:55 am

Karthik wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:31 am
abhijit wrote:
I think many Christians understand that - as probably they their ancesy were hindu at some point - but what they truly resent is castism and which may be, just may be, the reason why they feel comfortable with indian muslims many of whom also share the similar reason for conversion.
Where did you hear that there's no casteism in X'tians saar? Please know about things before posting them as facts.
There is rampant casteism in Christianity, even among highly educated Christians, in my experience.
Last edited by Deans on Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deans
BGR Newbie

Post by Deans » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:00 am

hanumadu wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:21 am
ABP has started with 150 seats to BJP and steadily reduced it to 90 now with each opinion poll. At the same time, district chiefs and big chunks of congress organisation is joining BJP in Gujarat. Just a few months back, almost half of congress sitting MLAs left congress. Were they unaware of the public mood then?

But then ABP got things entirely wrong in UP. It gave a clear majority to SP-Congress combine.
Media seems to have forgotten that there was also an election in Himachal. I'll stick my neck out and say comfortable win for BJP in both states.
However that wont sell papers.

The poll agency that has predicted `neck and neck' in Gujarat was the same one that said after the UP elections, that SP-Cong & BJP would both
get around 160 seats on the basis of exit polls !

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:03 am

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 952204.cms

TimesNow/VMR poll gives 111 seats to BJP.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:31 am

ABP is dragging down the poll-of-polls as well for Gujarat.

IFF after all of RaGa's Hindu shenanigans the Gujaratis give Congis anything more than 10-20 seats total, they probably deserve to enjoy 5 years under Congi rule. My gut feel is that ABP is trying to muddy the waters and plant some last minute doubts.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:37 am

Kanyakumari fishermen protest on the streets led by the Church clergy

They are blaming the Central as well as State governments for not doing enough to find the missing fishermen. They are also quoting a higher number of "missing" fishermen than the government is giving out.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:44 am

SSundar wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:37 am
They are blaming the Central as well as State governments for not doing enough to find the missing fishermen. They are also quoting a higher number of "missing" fishermen than the government is giving out.
Same tactic adopted in Thiruvananthapuram as well. Again it was various bishops who were releasing casualty figures. Nirmala Seetharaman managed to take the heat away from the central government, here though. We must also factor that clergy may not be in good terms with state governments (AIADMK, CPI(M)) as well as the central govt. (BJP). Only a true blue INC govt. at all these places may keep them happy.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:40 am

I'm so liking this initiative by Yogi sarkar. A greenfield town to be developed along the Ganga banks a mere 100 km from Delhi - with wide ghats planned and numerous tourist/pilgrim facilities - so that Dilli billis can wash away their sins.

Garhmukteshwar is designed to rival Haridwar and Varanasi - to ease the pilgrim rush at these 2 places. And its a place I've never heard of. So it can be done and if the intent is right and a comfortable majority keeps politicking away from governance.

Garhmukteshwar to be built as the next big Ganga city (ET)
At a distance of 100 km, Garhmukteshwar is the closest spot to Delhi NCR from where Ganga passes and where a big river bank exists.

“Garhmukteshwar does not carry a significant spiritual brand such as Haridwar or Varanasi, which have a brand perception of being able to ‘wash away sins’ (Haridwar), or attain spiritual freedom (Varanasi),” says a UP government proposal to prepare a feasibility study for development of Garhmukteshwar. “It does not offer the brand equity of being a ‘spiritual destination’ or be part of a ‘backpacker’s trail’ – either of which has been instrumental in tapping into the international tourist market. It is largely known as a site where last rites pertaining to the Hindu religion are performed.”’

The plan is to develop Garhmukteshwar into a ‘proper pilgrimage and spiritual tourism destination site’ to attract both domestic and foreign tourists with the USP being Ganga.

The UP government has cited the historical significance of the town, saying it finds mention in the Bhagavata Purana and Mahabharata and is widely believed to be a part of the kingdom of Hastinapur, the capital of the Pandavas. There is only one annual event, the Ganga Fair, which is held in here but that is also not as well-known as the Magh Mela of Allahabad.
Again, I like the thinking - effused with some corporate style efficiency and accountability.

P.S. hopefully soon, The Yogi will rename Allahabad to its original, beautifl name - Prayaag.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:49 am

More from UP, this time from Deoband. Its become amply clear for a while now that the malsis in UP are trying darned hard to instigate a riot.

Here in the hindi news report below, a group of yoots entered a hanuman temple during kirtans, scuffled with devotees and broke the idol. And got away with their limbs intact, sadly. Little doubt that locally in UP, the aam Yindoo is closely watching how Yogi sarkar responds.

la.khan
BGR Newbie

Post by la.khan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:11 am

kvjayan wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:38 pm
Hari Seldon wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:22 pm
mean-e-while..... Another shocka whuddathunkit moment quietly passes us by ...
It will be interesting to hear what the "opinion polls" say about this special (s)election!
Congress found evidence of tampered EVMs. EVMs were used in Congress presidential elections; since all votes polled through EVMs go to BJP, Amit Shah was elected the president of INC! :lol:

kvjayan
BGR Newbie

Post by kvjayan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Things seem to be going down and down for INC. One of their senior leaders, MS Aiyar, "suspended" for using a bad word in describing the PM!

shynee
BGR Newbie

Post by shynee » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:38 pm

He is a habitual Potty mouth. Now he will deliver Gujrat to BJP on a platter :)
kvjayan wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:48 pm
Things seem to be going down and down for INC. One of their senior leaders, MS Aiyar, "suspended" for using a bad word in describing the PM!

KarthikSan
BGR Newbie

Post by KarthikSan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:19 pm

Now breaking...Jignesh Mevani received funds from PFI-SDPI and pictures of him at a feast with PFI leaders. Looks like there is a treasure trove of intel on these turds that is being released at opportune times. TIMES NOW is saying "COngress Ally Funded By Terror" and "Should Congress distance itself from Jignesh". They are openly calling PFI to be Hindu haters. Never seen such headlines before on MSM.

Hardik's new CD out yesterday, MSA's verbal diarrhea today and now this. I think MAD is in full control of the script in GJ. Still,break out the Dilbu anti jinx to be safe.

kvjayan
BGR Newbie

Post by kvjayan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:36 pm

Well before the 2019 elections, Cong party may seriously consider "expelling" MS Aiyar to his favourite country (to the west of Bharat) in order to avoid serious embarrassments.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:38 pm

Full toss. That should go out of park.