The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

News and Discussions about politics, current affairs, international relations, economy, elections, state level politics etc.
This forum is strictly moderated.
chetak
Forum Moderator

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by chetak » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:00 am

Aarti Tikoo Singh@AartiTikoo · Oct 10

Major setback to the Left liberal allies of jihadis in India. The US based Foreign Policy has published a piece on jihadism in South Asia, saying its roots are in the Deobandi movement. It says Indian Muslims joining ISIS abroad, are the new face of the Islamic State, globally!

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f51iAPa ... =emb_title

Selective Tolerance: Saga of Delhi Riots 2020 by Ms Monika Arora

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:02 am

Forumites, this is CramS, many of you know me. I have not posted here in while. I used to, but then got used to posting on BR. I have decided to part ways with BR at least for the time being because I am a little puzzled by some the mods there who see me as troll or forum baiter. They must be living in an alternate universe for accusing me of all people. Of course, they have a right to detest my opinions, but to attack me as troll, give me break. I have never violated any forum rule. i don't have time for that kind of crap.

But before I post anything here, a question to Mods: Muns et. al: I wonder if the same set of moderators are admins here? Is there some strange rule here also, where someone doesn't like my opinion (even its articulated within forum rules), then it becomes trolling? If so, please feel free to advice me to stay away. I will abide by that. Many of you know where I stand on India, TSP, USA etc.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:47 am

CRamsgaru,

I definitely know where you stand. Like they say life is one of experience. Let me share a little bit of mine so that hopefully we may be able to relate a little bit. BR has been around for at least two decades. I spent the formulate of part of my life, growing up on the forums especially the military and strategic forums among others debating as well as learning I feel for many years. I even, organized one of the early meets in NJ as an early American immigrant over a decade ago. Many of the gurus there including yourself, I have come to appreciate. However there comes a time that I felt, I wasn’t really achieving much with regard to the status quo. Granted, all of us armchair generals can talk as much as we want especially with regard to news media, but on the ground level, I really felt that we weren’t taking BR message to the aam admi where it counts.

God knows how many state elections we have all had to watch with disdain and disbelief with regard to the outcome. Why? Because I realized, BRs message from Gurus such as yourself were just not making it down to those that mattered.
Out of such frustration I decided to do what I can with regard to creating India-aware which has since spawned to dharmnews, indianwares and now because of Dileep thankfully Bharatganrajya.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that I’ve always seen BR as a launchpad. Many of us started with BR, before for whatever reasons we decided to make our ways. It is time to take BR’s message to those aam admi on the ground, and that’s what we have tried to establish here.
Moderator? You are a moderator here. We have now given you privileges. Please be welcome to post whenever you can and spread your message.

Best regards,

Muns

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:08 am

Muns, thx for your kind words. You are in NJ? I used to be in NJ over a decade ago, left in 2009, and I attended at least 2 BR events and have fond memories of the same. Anyway, I could not take the crap from some of the mods there anymore, their wild fantasies about me being some kind of a troll was the last straw.

Wil post more later. I see something cooking in J&K and I am following closely. Will share my thoughts.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:04 pm

diyear tanishq :mrgreen:

Anindya@AninBanerjee·Oct 17

Look into the eyes of the family of that school teacher tonight and tell them benefits of multiculturalism.
#Paris

Lesson From Tanishq Flop Show: Focus On Customers, Not Unsustainable Virtue Signalling
Ganesh Arnaal
Oct 17, 2020

Lesson From Tanishq Flop Show: Focus On Customers, Not Unsustainable Virtue Signalling

Snapshot
The reaction of Tanishq brand managers has been elitist and reeks of snobbery.

They appear to be angry that their customers are not able to appreciate their 'finer' sensibilities.

The Ekatvam product range advertisement by Tanishq depicting a Hindu girl in an inter-faith marriage with a Muslim had to be hurriedly withdrawn after being severely criticised in social media by many Hindus for promoting one-sided secularism. The ‘wokes’ and the liberals are angry that an advertisement promoting amity and love between communities is being criticised. They are upset that Titan is bending to appease the majority community.

The Tanishq episode raises important questions. What kind of advertising works? Should brands stick to celebrity endorsements highlighting just the product qualities? Should advertisers stay clear of social messaging? If they do want to comment on social issues, what are the boundaries?

All advertisements should pass the dharmic test.

Before the left liberal bigots start fuming, let me explain dharma.

Dharma is not about right and wrong, good and bad, moral and immoral. Dharma is that which upholds, that which sustains. And adharma is that which is not sustainable.

One may ask why should advertisements pass the test of dharma?

Advertisement is a tool used by the producer to communicate with the public at large. Through the advertisement the producer seeks to inform, entertain and cajole the unsuspecting public to pay money to buy her product. Once an advertisement is released and is in the public domain, it becomes public property. The advertiser must be prepared to face the consequences of her communication. It may be met with appreciation, hostility or indifference.

The aim of every advertiser should be to avoid generating hostility among the audience. No advertiser would want to hurt or upset his audience, even inadvertently, as it is unsustainable. It will only lead to an inevitable pushback and diminution in brand value. Hence, every advertiser should ensure that his communication passes the dharma test.

Successful brands use advertisements over an extended period of time, to build a narrative around the core values of the product. Some brands get celebrities who are supposed to embody certain values to endorse their brands. Other brands use social messaging to promote sales.

While celebrity endorsements are reliable, they tend to be predictable. Tedium sets in fairly quickly forcing the advertiser to either change the advertisement or the celebrity or both regularly. There are very few celebrity endorsements which have succeeded over a long period of time.

In the 1980s, the Thums Up brand relied heavily on the larger than life persona of Sunil Gavaskar. With the advent of Gavaskar, India had shed its losing streak and started to win a few matches. The brand started showing Gavaskar playing his glorious cover and straight drives with the jingle, ‘Happy Days Are Here Again – Thums Up’.

After a precipitous loss of form when Gavaskar made his famous comeback, the brand came up with ‘ Sunny Days Are here Again – Thums Up’ which was an obvious play on Sunny, Gavaskar’s pet name. Over the years Thums Up had so closely identified itself with Gavaskar that when he went past Don Bradman’s 29 Test centuries, it was just sufficient to say ‘Thums Up Makes It Great’.

The social messaging approach to advertising is very exciting and is a very high-risk, high-reward game. There have been some extraordinary successes and some spectacular failures.

That adorable little girl won a million hearts with ‘I Love You Rasna’. HMT watches had a great tag line, ‘If You Have The Inclination, We Have The Time’. LIC got it so right with ‘Zindagi Ke Saath Bhi, Zindagi Ke Baad Bhi’. I wonder if the last one will ever require to change. ‘India Comes Home In A Maruti Suzuki’ and ‘ Amul - The Taste Of India’ are other examples of brilliant copy writing.

While the above are examples of stellar successes, we have several social message advertisements which had to bite the dust because of wrong or indifferent messaging.

Sometimes, a product fails to deliver on the promise made by the endorsing celebrity. MS Dhoni had endorsed Amrapali real estate. When Amrapali cheated thousands of home buyers, it was not just the real estate developer who was sought to be punished. People raised questions on the responsibility of the celebrity before endorsing a brand. As a result, MS Dhoni’s brand image did suffer.

Pulling out its Ekatvam campaign, Tanishq issued a statement saying, "The idea behind the Ekatvam campaign is to celebrate the coming together of people from different walks of life, local communities and families during these challenging times and celebrate the beauty of oneness. This film has stimulated divergent and severe reactions, contrary to its very objective. We are deeply saddened with the inadvertent stirring of emotions and withdraw this film keeping in mind the hurt sentiments and well-being of our employees, partners and store staff."

An obviously incensed Tanishq needs more time to introspect and to understand what went wrong with its campaign - why emotions were stirred and sentiments hurt. The bland statement is not an apology.

Tanishq appears to have been baffled by the reactions its advertisement triggered. The inability of Tanishq’s brand managers to comprehend negative sentiments is only to be expected. The brand managers at Tanishq and the advertisement agency handling the creative of Ekatvam product range are alienated from the ground reality of Hindu-Muslim relations. Their reaction is elitist and reeks of snobbery. They appear to be angry that their customers are not able to appreciate their finer sensibilities.

We have been fed with this nonsense of ‘all religions are the same’ for far too long. The elite among us have imbibed the idea of sameness. The sameness theory needs a reality check.

Discussing sameness, Rajiv Malhotra once famously asked Mark Tully, “do you want me to be same as you or will you be same as me?” While the elite believe in the sameness of all religions, the common man is only too aware of one-sided sameness. While a Hindu will readily accept the divinity of Jesus or Mohammed, no Muslim or Christian will ever accept the divinity of Krishna or Rama. The best offer so far is that Rama is Imam-e-Hind. Mind you Rama is not even a prophet to them, leave alone an avatar.

The Quran [2.221] requires a woman marrying a Muslim man to convert to Islam, while a Muslim woman marrying a Hindu man is not required by any Hindu shastra to convert to Hinduism. In the perverted Nehruvian Idea of India, it is the inherently liberal Hindu who must prove his secular credentials every day by accepting the false equivalence between Hinduism, Christianity and Islam.

Till 2019, yes surprisingly even between 2014 and 2019, Hindus had to accept the Nehruvian Idea of India. Now that the New Idea of India is slowly finding expression post-May 2019, the essentially liberal Hindu is refusing to accept one-sided sameness. She is now refusing to accept sole responsibility to keep India secular. She has started demanding mutual respect in inter-faith matters.

Muslims and Christians have a historic opportunity to reassess their relationship with Hindus. They can either openly acknowledge the differences and stop claiming minority benefits under the idea of sameness, or reform and accept mutual respect as the founding principle of New India.

The elitist and essentially ignorant brand managers working for large corporates should desist from venturing into the inter-faith domain. Their ekatvam is unsustainable and hence represents an adharmic worldview. In the New India, all are equal, so long as they are able to accord mutual respect to each other.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:35 pm

Don’t Fret About India’s Global Reputation; The West Is Queuing Up at India’s Door

Don’t Fret About India’s Global Reputation; The West Is Queuing Up at India’s Door

Minhaz Merchant
Oct 18, 2020

Snapshot
In popular Western narrative, India wasn’t expected to make it in one piece, much less emerge as the world’s fifth largest economy.

Today, unemployed public intellectuals and angry activists in India provide the material that tries to salvage or justify that assumption for Western editors.

There is a particular kind of Indian that cares deeply about India’s image abroad. He watches the BBC and CNN, reads The New York Times and The Guardian and worries how India’s global reputation has been muddied by rapes and riots, casteist and communal violence, the erosion of dissent and the threat to democracy.

One Sunday newspaper columnist wrote sadly how NRIs cringe when reports in The Guardian and The Washington Post call India the rape capital of the world.

Indians are obviously right to worry about every rape, every caste or communal riot, and every action that suppresses dissent. But we are wrong to worry about what foreign media thinks about India. Here’s why.

India is a complex country. Nowhere else in the world do you find dehumanising poverty, social discrimination and casual violence co-existing with world-class entrepreneurs, outstanding scientists and dedicated social workers.

This paradox is difficult for foreign correspondents to understand. They pick up their material from watering holes in Delhi filled with unemployed public intellectuals and angry activists who say exactly what Western journalists want to hear: India is in deep crisis; dissent is dead; democracy is in danger.

Western journalists – at least the brighter ones among them – see through this poppycock. They know rapes and violent crime are as prevalent in their affluent countries as they are in India. They read strong daily criticism of the Narendra Modi government in Indian newspapers like The Hindu, The Telegraph and The Indian Express. They watch beady-eyed prime time TV anchors on India Today and NDTV mocking Modi’s economic policies (often justifiably).

They surf news portals like The Wire tearing apart the government’s foreign policy. And they see fact-checking sites like AltNews constantly attacking the government.

Not one of these media organisations has been censored by the government – even though several deal in fake news.

Foreign correspondents see through the fiction. Dissent in India isn’t dead, it’s alive, well and kicking. India’s democracy has so many octopus-like arms among the bureaucracy, Opposition-ruled states, the police and op-ed public intellectuals that it is in no imminent danger.

But the editors back in New York and London want stories that work on the principle that bad news makes good editorial copy.

Indian journalists writing for American and British newspapers give their editors what they want: stories of rape, riots, casteism and communalism. Much of this is legitimate journalism. Where it is not is in the failure to construct a balanced narrative.

Indians, however, are wrong to worry about what foreign media writes. For a wealthy democracy, America has intractable problems of its own – racial violence, police brutality and fatal inner-city shootings. India’s problems therefore need to be contextualised.

India annoys many in the West: here’s a country that was not expected to make it. India was supposed to balkanise after Independence. How on Earth could post-Independence India with a teeming population impoverished by 190 years of British rule, a toxic caste system and simmering Hindu-Muslim tension become the world’s fifth largest economy?

The West, thoughtful foreign journalists know, grew rich after the 1750s on the back of the brutal transatlantic slave trade from Africa to America and invasive, exploitative colonialism in Asia which fuelled the Industrial Revolution.

Poor, colonised, benighted India in 1947 had a literacy rate of 12 per cent, an average lifespan of 32 years and a GDP of Rs. 2.70 lakh crore.

Today literacy in India is 76 per cent, lifespan 70 years and GDP nearly Rs. 200 lakh crore, larger than, at current exchange rates, the GDP of former colonial power Britain.

It wasn’t meant to quite work out that way, write bemused foreign journalists. Western businessmen now line up in Delhi with billions of dollars in foreign direct investment (FDI) in the world’s fastest-growing consumer market bursting with world-class tech startups.

But what about dissent and democracy? Angry activists and op-ed public intellectuals have multiple eager media platforms to vent their ire in India as well as in New York, Washington and London. And they all miss the point.

Indian politics and society are undergoing a metamorphosis. The old elite with its ossified colonial mindset is being challenged by a rising new elite. The old elite embraces dynasty, practises nepotism and works in closed, incestuous circles. It clambered up the socio-economic ladder, rung by slippery rung, through the 1970s and 1980s.

The old, entitled elite looks at India with the eye of the intellectually colonised. It is invariably on the wrong side of history – eulogising Pakistan-funded terrorists like Burhan Wani, being apologists for China and undermining India at international conclaves.

India is a noisy, open democracy. It gives everybody an opportunity to defame it. That is as it should be. It is India’s true strength.

Aditya
Forum Moderator

Post by Aditya » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:31 pm

Amit shah On fire back to back interviews on Bengal

https://twitter.com/ZeeNewsEnglish/stat ... 65160?s=20

Aditya
Forum Moderator

Post by Aditya » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:35 pm

Rajsthan recording highest numbers of rape of Hindu girls. But Rahul and Priyanka is going for Castism fights.

https://twitter.com/iDinesh_Chawla/stat ... 82304?s=20

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:56 pm

Did you guys notice that disgusting tweet by Pappu on the eve of ModiJi's address to the nation today? What a childish scum bag

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:21 pm

guess which politico is the biggest mandi agent in punjab buying from farmers and selling to the FCI and making thousands of crores in the bargain on commissions alone.

besides, the subject of Narendra Modi government’s agricultural reforms come under the concurrent list.

per wiki

On items in the concurrent list, if any provision of a law made by the Legislature of a State is repugnant to any provision of a law made by Parliament which Parliament is competent to enact, or to any provision of an existing law with respect to one of the matters enumerated in the Concurrent List, then, the law made by Parliament, whether passed before or after the law made by the Legislature of such State, or, as the case may be, the existing law, shall prevail and the law made by the Legislature of the State shall, to the extent of the repugnancy, be void.

items in the concurrent list

33. Trade and commerce in, and the production, supply and distribution of,-

(b) foodstuffs, including edible oilseeds and oils

let's see just how far the congis are willing to take this state law thingie. :mrgreen:

Three Reasons Why Punjab Bills To Bypass Modi Government's Agri Reforms Might Backfire On Capt. Amarinder, Congress

Three Reasons Why Punjab Bills To Bypass Modi Government's Agri Reforms Might Backfire On Capt. Amarinder, Congress

M R Subramani
Oct 21, 2020

Snapshot
To start with, constitutional experts have said that Punjab is wrong to try and nullify a Central law, especially when the subject is concurrent.

And if the provisions to levy penalties on corporate houses for trading outside APMCs is considered along with the provision on MSP, most likely, Punjab will be the loser.

On Tuesday (20 October), the Capt Amarinder Singh government in Punjab passed three Bills in the State Assembly to essentially neutralise the Narendra Modi government’s agricultural reforms in the State.

Among the proposals made in the three Bills passed by the Punjab Assembly are: making purchases of rice and wheat below the minimum support price (MSP) fixed by the Centre punishable, provision to levy fee on corporates purchasing outside the Agricultural Produce Marketing Committee (APMC) mandis (markets), and protecting landholdings of small farmers who own less than 2.5 acres of land from attachment.

Another provision enables the State government to fix stock limits to prevent hoarding and black-marketing.

The Punjab government might want people to believe that these measures are farmer-friendly, but a review of them should leave no one in doubt that they are an exercise in futility.

Despite the Modi government assuring every stakeholder in the agricultural sector that the Centre's reforms are for the welfare of the farmers, the Congress and the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD), the latter of which quit the National Democratic Alliance in the wake of the reforms, have raised the stakes to levels that are hard to fulfil.

For the record, the Centre passed three Acts in Parliament to usher in agricultural reforms.

One is The Farmers Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Act, 2020, which allows farmers to sell their produce to the buyer of their choice and anywhere in the country.

Second is The Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services Act, 2020, which allows contract farming.

Third is the Essential Commodities (Amendment) Act, 2020, that removes the cap on stock limits on essential commodities. The Centre, however, has provisions in the Act place to check for sudden surge in prices or hoarding.

What are the issues with the Punjab Bills?

There are several shortcomings in the Bills passed by the Punjab Assembly.

To start with, constitutional experts such as S C Kashyap have said that Punjab is wrong to try and nullify a Central law, especially when the subject is concurrent.

Media houses such as The Tribune and Business Standard have quoted these experts to say that ultimately, the whole issue will reach the Supreme Court, which will have to rule on who is the competent authority to decide on these laws regarding agriculture.

The second issue is with the Bill on MSP. This clearly reveals the intentions of the Congress and the Punjab government.

Every year, the Centre announces MSP for 23 crops grown in the kharif (summer) and rabi (winter) seasons. When this is the reality, why is the Punjab government confining the MSP in its Bills to only paddy and wheat?

If the provisions to levy penalties on corporate houses for trading outside APMCs is considered along with the provision on MSP, the gameplan of Capt. Amarinder Singh and his government becomes clear.

Primarily, these provisions seem to target the Food Corporation of India (FCI), which procures the foodgrains from Punjab for maintaining buffer stocks that are used for supply of rice and wheat in ration shops through the public distribution system and meeting of any food emergency in view of drought or floods.

The new provisions virtually leave only the FCI in a position to procure wheat and rice in Punjab. The FCI procures nearly 30 per cent of its total wheat for buffer stocks from Punjab and in the case of rice, it procures nearly 20 per cent of the total from the northern State.

The Punjab government collects markets fee and other levies, such as for rural development, from the FCI for the procurement. The State collects nearly Rs 3,200 crore every year through such fees and levy that are collected at APMCs.

The MSP provision for rice and wheat, besides the one targeting corporate houses, leaves no one in doubt that the FCI procurement is the target. Probably, Punjab is ignoring one aspect.

Some of the members in the Punjab Assembly said that the State had contributed much to foodgrain production and achieving self-sufficiency. This is true of the 1970s and 1980s.

Not any more. Punjab is no more the number one rice or wheat producer. West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh are the top rice producers, while Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh have left the northern State behind in wheat production.

If the leading producers of wheat and rice demand that FCI procure more from their States, Punjab could be in trouble.

Also, the provisions to make punishable those paying lower than MSP for wheat and rice will force industrial buyers to stay away from Punjab.

“Why should we buy from Punjab at a price higher than the prevailing market price? Why should we be penalised when we offer market rates? We would rather stay off than buy from there,” said an industrial user, not wishing to be identified in view of the sensitivity of the issue.

Also, the Congress and the Akali Dal are indulging in double-speak on the MSP issue.

Both governments under SAD’s Parkash Singh Badal and Capt Amarinder Singh have failed to ensure MSP for maize (corn) and sunflower grown in the State over the last five years, despite giving an assurance in this regard to the Punjab and Haryana High Court.

A petition was filed by a group of Punjab and Haryana farmers in the High Court to direct the States to purchase agricultural produce other than rice and wheat at MSP in 2015.

On 26 May 2015, both governments gave an undertaking to procure sunflower and maize at MSP, but subsequently, the Badal government refused to buy sunflower seeds. This resulted in the Punjab government being reprimanded by the High Court.

While the Haryana government procures these crops, Punjab has not done anything in this regard.

Thus, the whole exercise of Punjab passing Bills to nullify the Central Acts on agricultural reforms could actually pose problems for farmers for three reasons.

One, MSP might be confined only to wheat and rice. Two, it could force the FCI to procure more from other States at the cost of Punjab. Three, industrial buyers will likely boycott Punjab in purchasing foodgrains.

Probably, Capt Amarinder Singh and the Congress could end up paying a heavy price for opposing the agricultural reforms — an act that could backfire on them.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:08 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQBOCfj0Prw

Why Rahul Gandhi Cannot Use Congress Ruled States To Block Centre’s Farm Reforms | Punjab Assembly

On Tuesday (20 October), the Capt Amarinder Singh government in Punjab passed three Bills in the State Assembly to essentially neutralise the Narendra Modi government’s agricultural reforms in the State.

Among the proposals made in the three Bills passed by the Punjab Assembly are: making purchases of rice and wheat below the minimum support price (MSP) fixed by the Centre punishable, provision to levy fee on corporates purchasing outside the Agricultural Produce Marketing Committee (APMC) mandis (markets), and protecting landholdings of small farmers who own less than 2.5 acres of land from attachment.

Another provision enables the State government to fix stock limits to prevent hoarding and black-marketing.

The Punjab government might want people to believe that these measures are farmer-friendly, but a review of them should leave no one in doubt that they are an exercise in futility.

Despite the Modi government assuring every stakeholder in the agricultural sector that the Centre's reforms are for the welfare of the farmers, the Congress and the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD), the latter of which quit the National Democratic Alliance in the wake of the reforms, have raised the stakes to levels that are hard to fulfil.

For the record, the Centre passed three Acts in Parliament to usher in agricultural reforms. However, Rahul Gandhi is becoming face of the protests.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:58 pm

ITDC to take over Parliament canteen from Northern Railways

The Northern Railways will hand over the reins of the Parliament canteen to ITDC on November 15, bringing to an end its 52-year legacy of serving food to Parliamentarians.

A letter from the Lok Sabha Secretariat has asked the Northern Railways, which has been serving food in the canteen since 1968, to pack up and move on from the Parliament premises by that time.

The India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC), the government’s tourism arm, runs the luxury five-star Ashok Group of hotels.

“The competent Authority has desired that the operations of the catering units in Parliament House Estate (Parliament House Parliament House Annexe & Parliament Library Building and paties mide and outside PHE providing services to dignitaries) be taken over by ITDC 15.11 2020,” the letter stated.

“The Northern Railway may, accordingly, hand over the electronic gadgets viz Computers Printer etc. provided by the Lok Sabha Secretariat to ITDC and furniture items, equipment gadgets etc to CPWD for being handed over by them to ITDC,” it said.

The process to find a new vendor was started last year and in July this year, Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla met Tourism Minister Prahlad Patel and officials of ITDC to discuss the issue.

Officials at ITDC said they have been instructed to keep special focus on the quality of food which should suit both common people as well as dignitaries.

At present, the canteen serves around 5,000 people during every session. It has a total of 48 food items on its menu for lunch and evening snacks.

While matters relating to catering arrangements in the Parliament House Complex are typically decided by a joint committee on food management, in the 17th Lok Sabha, however, the food committee has not been constituted.

The final decision was taken by Speaker Birla, who has taken personal interest in ensuring that better quality food is served in the canteen and also to end subsidies.

An end to subsidies is expected to lead to annual savings of approximately ₹17 crore to Parliament.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:19 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-cpYDDRuKg

Krishna Janmabhoomi Case | श्री कृष्ण जनमभूमि | Episode 1 | हे केशव हम आएँगे

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ldXQ1Z ... e=youtu.be

Krishna Janmabhoomi Case | श्री कृष्ण जनमभूमि Episode 2
He Keshav Ham Aayenge, Mandir Wahin Banayenge

Chhaya Sharma, the Civil Judge lower division had dismissed the suit.

The District Judge quashed the judgment of the lower court, admitted the plea and has now issued notices.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:00 pm

The center's new avatar of the farm laws have defanged a few long and decades old entrenched lobbies that earned large amounts of money, and as a result, had acquired massive electoral influence over captive vote banks and were self sustaining in terms of assured revenues that came in season after season, and year after year and kept a few clans/families in power and political relevance.

they are the ones opposing the new laws and not the farmers who are in reality their hapless victims and bonded labor to keep them in luxury.

Once their vote banks are marginalized, and these greedy families/clans are slowly neutralized, the electorate will not tolerate them as easily as before and this will affect their other almost monopolistic businesses as well, because other competitors will soon spring up to grab a share of the pie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9T4p90nUfc

Badals & Pawar Against Farmers Bill and Rajya Sabha Ruckus | Sanjay Dixit

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:04 am

the congis and the captain seem to be running their own rackets of MSP procurement and commission collection :mrgreen:

no wonder pappu and pappi are so frantically active and panicked, the mafia famiglia and the casa eyetaliano has to protect it's own cuts from all these deals.

using the cover of MSP, punjab mandi agents procure more grain than is produced in punjab by illegally bringing in grain purchased by these agents in UP and bihar at significantly cheaper non MSP prices.

these mandi agents are all politicos and these rackets are happening in one form or the other at all other mandis across the country.

Foodgrains MSP, Procurement Under Scrutiny After Nexus Between Officials And Traders Is Exposed

Foodgrains MSP, Procurement Under Scrutiny After Nexus Between Officials And Traders Is Exposed

M R Subramani
Oct 23, 2020

Foodgrains stored at a market yard.

Snapshot
Revelations of irregularities are pointers that politicians and their parties would be badly affected by the agricultural reforms.

Probably, these developments are the tip of the iceberg.

A couple of developments this week has cast shadow on the procurement of foodgrains by government agencies at the minimum support price (MSP) fixed by the Union government.

First, is the release of negotiations between a district manager of the Punjab State Civil Supplies Corporation (PUNSUP) and a trader on procuring paddy bought at a lower price from outside the state at MSP by The Tribune daily.

Second is the Madras High Court ordering the State Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (DVAC) to conduct search operations at all paddy procurement centres in Tamil Nadu following allegations of corruption in procurement.

The first development has raised the question over the procurement of foodgrains by Punjab for buffer stocks, which is being maintained by the Centre for distribution through the public distribution system or meeting any food emergency.

It is an open secret that a large volume of foodgrains from Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, bought from farmers at lower prices, find their way into Punjab and get sold to procurement agencies such as PUNSUP.

For example, a trader will pay an Uttar Pradesh or a Bihar farmer less than Rs 1,200 a quintal for paddy. He would then bring it to Punjab and sell it off to the agencies at the MSP of Rs 1,888 to pocket the gains after sharing it with officials.

Punjab Food and Supplies Minister Bharat Bhushan Ashu has alleged to have been a part in this but he has denied saying his name has been dragged wrongly.

Ashu has suspended the district manager and said steps have been initiated to dismiss the official.

More embarrassingly for Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh’s government in the state, the PUNSUP district manager, while negotiating the deal, has said the amount that the trader will give as his "cut" is shared with the minister for “organising the visit of Congress leader Rahul Gandhi” on 4 October.

Rahul Gandhi, former Congress president, had visited Punjab during 4-6 October to campaign against the agricultural reforms ushered in by the Narendra Modi government at the Centre by allowing farmers to sell to buyers of their choice, enter contract farming and removing the cap on the stock limit of essential commodities.

The other issue that has come to fore from this revelation is that going by data, procurement of paddy during 2019-20 exceeded its production.

In the first place, this is worrisome. Farmers don’t bring their entire production, especially wheat or rice, to the market. They hold back for their own consumption and also for re-sowing.

According to agricultural experts, this could be to the tune of 30 per cent of what they totally produce.

According to the Food Corporation of India, nearly 18 million tonnes (mt) of paddy was grown last year. Going by the Punjab Agriculture Department, production was around 16 mt.

The excess 2 mt procurement is a clear indicator of faultlines in the system.

If this pinpoints at the shortcomings of the growers not getting the required freedom to sell their produce, the Madras High Court ruling is another pointer of corruption prevailing in the procurement system.

Though the Centre procures foodgrains at MSP, it is actually helped by state agencies in getting the produce from Agricultural Produce Market Committee (APMC) mandis.

The Madras High Court order came after a raid by DVAC led to the recovery of Rs 90,000 from a procurement centre at Mayiladuthurai in Nagapattinam district. The money recovered is reported to have been paid by farmers as a bribe to the procurement staff to buy the paddy they had brought to the procurement centre.

There is also a reverse process of the MSP system being misused.

An oil milling industry official told Swarajya how some officials in states such as Gujarat procure groundnut at MSP and then sell them at a lower price terming them as trash or inferior produce.

This brings to fore the involvement of a racket or cartel in the procurement system. Reports say that some Delhi-based traders are involved in this as they control Bihar and Uttar Pradesh markets.

This probably explains why Congress and other opposition parties have raised the pitch against the agricultural reforms.

Punjab Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh has been leading the opposition against these reforms in a vehement manner and going by the revelations of the negotiations between the trader and PUNSUP official, there seems to be some hidden agenda.

Not just that, the revelations are pointers that politicians and their parties would be badly affected by the agricultural reforms since they are aimed at making life better for the farmer.

Probably, these developments are the tip of the iceberg.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:09 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTkiOyeQ1Qk

MSP system under question after official-trader nexus comes to light in Punjab •22 Oct 2020

The Tribune

#PaddyTruckSeizure #

Read story here: https://tinyurl.com/yyet3jas

The release of purported chat between a district manager of the PUNSUP and a trader regarding allowing the sale of paddy procured at lower rates from outside Punjab to procurement agencies at the higher Minimum Support Price (MSP) has exposed the misuse of the MSP system in the state by some unscrupulous dealers to make quick profits.

Some traders in the state are buying paddy at Rs 1,100- Rs 1,200 per quintal from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. They then transport it to Punjab, and after tying up with officials in mandis, procurement agencies and commission agents, fake records are made to show the paddy was procured from local farmers. The produce is then procured at the MSP, which is Rs 1,888 this year.

The Tribune, now published from Chandigarh, started publication on February 2, 1881, in Lahore (now in Pakistan). It was started by Sardar Dyal Singh Majithia, a public-spirited philanthropist, and is run by a trust comprising five eminent persons as trustees.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:21 am

crams wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:56 pm
Did you guys notice that disgusting tweet by Pappu on the eve of ModiJi's address to the nation today? What a childish scum bag
Haven't had time to listen to the whole address. Please comment on anything that we should follow. From what I heard patially, he really focused on the defense services which is a really Safer bet, when it comes to making any kind of statements. Of course, Rahul has come to be his own version of Fox News. In fact is taken this upper scale. Spew anything you want without any kind of fact checking and nobody really cares. No accountability. This is especially true when it comes to his specific acts on China occupying Indian territory.

Nothing substantial to the fact when it comes to ground realities. In fact what is impressive is the massive deployment of force on all of the armed services fronts. Army, Air Force, naval services as well as research organizations have all shown what they are truly capable of. Multiple weapon systems have been regularly shown to be tested. This is something that we would not do even if they were entering deployment.

Pappu I really feel has shown his true of Vatican colors. Thankfully I feel he does not have much influence when it comes to mainstream politics anymore. Maybe only if he constructs his own Vatican funded concerns.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:33 am

Krishna Janmabhoomi Case | श्री कृष्ण जनमभूमि | Episode 1 | हे केशव हम आएँगे

Chetakji,

Always appreciate your posts. Especially post that I would never really come across even with the India Aware team searching for appropriate news.
This is a good video. However, I feel that for your common Aam Admi, these kind of legal videos would completely get lost in the wind. What we need to show and prove is the suffering that Hindus have legally endured over the last few centuries with regard to the mosque construction.

Worldwide, what I think we will increasingly see and be successful with, is the overt show of Islamic violence not only historically but even in the present. What we need to show continuously and highlight is the centuries of Islamic terrorism.

It’s coming to the fore that even islamophobia has become a joke. In the Western world, especially with regards to France, the murder of Samuel Paty perhaps has become a turning point.

France is no experience the terror of its own citizens being beheaded in their capital city.
This is something that I will try to highlight on our news channels.

Aditya
Forum Moderator

Post by Aditya » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:41 pm

It is very easy nowadays to insult Hindu God/goddess. Bengal and Kerala are the latest examples of that. In some places, Durga puja is not allowed because Muslims in Majority, and they won't allow you to that. On the other side, Kerala photographer Dia John created a picture where Maa Durga is taking weed. We are not understanding the Islamic threat. Hindus are getting killed everywhere. But the media is silent because they will not get good TRP for that.

Aditya
Forum Moderator

Post by Aditya » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:46 pm

A very important issue I want to highlight today. People are watching web series more than movies. And these web series are making fun of Hindu Sadhus and Hinduism. I will give some examples, A web series that was aired on MX player called Ashram that shows how Hindu baba's raping and doing all the wrong work. on the other hand latest web series, Mirzapur 2 shows that Maqbul(a character) is very loyal but Hindus are not. They are doing whatever they can do to change the Hindu youth's mind. But it is our Mistake they are still with Madarsa education and we ended our Gurukuls. They are following Islam we are still following secularism.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:55 am

Guys, any thoughts on where the assault on Arnab & republic TV is headed? And what is even extraordinary is that while this assault on republic is taking place, at least on the surface, he seems to be receiving scant support even from BJP stalwarts. I am wondering if this has anything to do with Arnab's previous life when he was attacking BJP relentlessly during ModiJi's first term. Recall, how he went after BJP in the aftermath of Vasundara Raje's alleged corruption, and late Sushma Swaraj's alleged support to Lalit Modi. And remember how even Gen V.K.Singh referred to dorkie as a prestitute. There is no doubt that Arnab has a lot of enemies across the left right spectrum. But at least he turned nationalist and in his own obnoxious style was taking on the entrenched BIF ecosystem.

Now, lets play a thought experiment. Imagine the Delhi police conducted a similar vendetta against say Undy or India Today, can you imagine the ripples this would have caused not only with India, but outside? BJP IMO, will pay a very heavy price, and the cause of building a nationalist India will suffer a heavy blow if the Sonia/Pappu Sena louts being remote controlled will manage to pull down republic TV. The situation is serious IMO.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:25 am

CRamS, I really think that the situation is one of fatigue. It’s been a long year for a lot of folks from having to deal with the pandemic as well as other natural calamities. In the thick of things, sometimes turning on Republic TV can be a real turnoff. Back on times now, Arnab made a name for himself. In creating Republic TV no doubt he was a success initially, But over time, many of these debates just became a shouting match without really trying to understand what was going on behind the scenes.

I’m sure that he has made a lot of enemies along the way. Not the least with regard to Khans of Bollywood, the Dawoods and Vatican as well. Somewhere along the line though, I feel his style has simply not have as much appeal as previously. One would like to simply turn on the news get the headlines and move on in a short space of time. His emphasis by solely focusing on one topic and hounding that for weeks I think has been somewhat of a turnoff.
What was the whole campaign for months now with regard to the Sushant case? It has simply been forgotten while he now defends Republic TV.

I have no doubt that Republic TV is here to stay, but Arnab I feel should do what he does best. Adapt as well as change to draw in new viewership. Focus on multiple topics around India where Hindus are being affected enmasse. Bring back those topics of Love Jihad and Hindu murder.
NDTV, serves important point of trying to understand what angle the Vatican and their puppets both Sonia and Rahul are after.

Swarajya also has a article on this as well. Although somewhat different from what I’m posting about.

The Dogs That Didn’t Bark: Republic TV Is Being Taken To The Cleaners And The Rest Are Just Watching
https://swarajyamag.com/politics/the-do ... t-watching

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yavXW_5zpoU

There is a possibility that Arnab Goswami could be physically harmed: Former Bureaucrat RV Subramani

GoaChronicle

Former Bureaucrat RV Subramani who worked in the Internal Security Department of the Ministry of Home Affairs expresses his views on the current rape of democracy in Mumbai and the unleashing of police terrorism in India's financial capital on a media channel pursuing the truth behind the death of Sushant Singh Rajput and Disha Salian.

He vehemently warns that Arnab Goswami, Editor-in-Chief, Republic Media Network could face a physical attack on his life because he has touched a raw nerve of the powerful Dawood, Politicians, Drugs and Bollywood nexus.

In his discussion with the Founder & Editor-in-Chief of GoaChronicle, Savio Rodrigues he states that owners of India Today are known to share a good friendly relationship with Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan.

He throws light on how media such as India Today and Times Now have been compromised on their reportage on the Sushant Singh Rajput death case and the investigations into the Bollywood Drug connections.

He also raises questions on Sachin Vaze of the Crime Branch of Mumbai Police currently investigating the TRP Scam with a focus on Republic Media Network and Arnab Goswami. According to him, Sachin Vaze was an encounter specialist that worked on the instructions of Dawood Ibrahim.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:33 am

The frenchies are ruthless enough to teach these guys a lesson, the kind of lesson that we cannot even dream of teaching these guys because our sickularism does not permit what their secularism mandates that they do to protect their state and civilization.

France wakes up to the menace of ‘Islamo-leftism’, an alliance between leftists and Islamists that has been attacking India for decades

France wakes up to the menace of ‘Islamo-leftism’, an alliance between leftists and Islamists that has been attacking India for decades

Political leaders in France have gained clarity very quickly in this regard while our leaders continue to ignore the elephant in the room.

30 October, 2020
K Bhattacharjee

There’s a certain clarity that can only tragedies can bring. A national reckoning with our worst nightmare often proves to be the litmus test to judge the character of the individuals leading the country. In France, the beheading of Samuel Paty, a high-school teacher, by an Islamic terrorist has sent shockwaves throughout the country. In the aftermath of it, its leaders been been set on a path where they will have to make tough decisions.

The administration of President Emmanuel Macron has demonstrated that they at least have some clarity into what the problem is and they have no hesitation in stating it clearly. Jean Michel Blanquer, the education minster of France, said, “We have to be really attentive to any intellectual complicity with terrorism. Our society has been far too permeable to certain currents of thought.”

“What we call ‘Islamo-leftism’ is wreaking havoc. It’s wreaking havoc in the universities. It’s wreaking havoc when UNEF conciliates this type of thing. It’s wreaking havoc in the ranks of France Insoumise, who have people that are of that current, and they make that very obvious. People like this prefer an ideology that, sometimes, leads to the worst,” he added.

The term Islamo-leftism, obviously, refers to the tacit alliance between leftists and Islamists that we can observe all over the world. While the origin of the term is not clear, it is generally attributed to French philosopher, political scientist and historian Pierre-André Taguieff who used the term in his 2002 essay ‘The New Judeophobia’ to refer to the collusion between the Left in the West and Islamists.

Philosopher Pascal Bruckner used the term to describe “a desperate attempt by mouldering, putrefying, brain-dead Marxists to hoist themselves out of the dustbin of history by latching onto the coattails of Islam.” The terrorist attack in Nice where three people were murdered appears to have further strengthened the resolve of the French in combating the monstrosity that lies before them.

Nice’s mayor Christian Estrosi said that ‘enough is enough… it’s time now for France to exonerate itself from the laws of peace in order to definitively wipe out Islamo-fascism from our country’. David Lisnard, the mayor of Cannes, demanded a ‘fierce and cold determination to eradicate this plague’ after an ‘abominable Islamist attack’.

‘The action against Islamist fanaticism must be methodical, flawless, adamant, relentless,’ he said. He proceeded to add, ‘More than ever, we must defend France and our values, and also our civilization. Because the fight is civilisational.’

If any Indian politician had made such remarks, it would have been enough for the mainstream media and the band of ‘intellectuals’ to label him as a fascist Hindutva bigot worthy of great condemnation. The Islamo-leftism that the French Education Minister spoke of is nowhere more evident than it is in India. And it is also true that Universities in India have been too soft on certain terrible ideologies.

For instance, Gautam Navlakha, a revered ‘human rights activist’ among the ‘intellectual’ camp in India, was in touch with Pakistan’s ISI. Famed intellectual Arundhati Roy is, perhaps, the most prominent example of the alliance between Radical Islam and the Left. She whitewashes every crime committed by Islamic terrorists in Kashmir while she blames the Indian Army for every crime under the Sun.

In the anti-Hindu Delhi riots, Left groups such as Pinjra Tod contributed to the conspiracy to unleash chaos in the national capital in equal measure as Radical Islamic groups. They also played a pivotal role in slandering the Police over their investigation into the riots which exposed the conspiracy by radical individuals such as Tahir Hussain, Khalid Saifi and others.

The Left also defended the Jamia Milia Islamia University strongly after their students participated in the violent protests in the aftermath of the passage of the Citizenship Amendment Act and condemned the crack down by the Police at the University to put an end to it. They also glorified the Shaheen Bagh protests despite the fact that slogans such as ‘Jinnah wali Azadi’ was raised at the protests.

The Left also went to extent of whitewashing the brutal murders of Intelligence Bureau constable Ankit Sharma and the young Dilbar Negi. It was Islamo-Leftism in its pristine form that we observed. And we witnessed the participation of all mainstream media outlets in the charade. We could see with our very eyes that Radical Muslims were unleashing devastation across the country andyet, we were told by Leftists that we are monsters for trusting our senses over their lies.

When Kamlesh Tiwari was brutally murdered for exercising his right to freedom of speech, the very same Leftists who are now condemning the terrorist attacks in France attempted to whitewash it and instead wailed about the supposed bigotry of Hindutvavadis. The latter attracted unequivocal condemnation while the former prompted them to implore Muslims to organise with not peace in their minds.

The collusion, perhaps, was most prominent during the Ram Janambhoomi dispute in the Courts where Marxist historians flatly lied and distorted historical facts in order to aid the cause of Radical Muslims. Ultimately, it proved futile as Hindus did manage to win the sacred land. The same is observed on cases of Love Jihad, which is a grave threat but Leftists even refuse to admit that such crimes actually occur.

Thus, Islamo-Leftism has been a lived reality for India for generations. And yet, France is demonstrating the intent that we seldom have. The French have the added advantage that there are no political parties who are likely to come to the defence of those actively abetting terrorists and Radical Islamic ideology. But the same, unfortunately, cannot be said for India.

Even so, since India has decided to stand by France despite the barrage of criticism the country is coming under, the best way to demonstrate it would be by going after the nexus of Islamo-leftism in our own country. Because at the end of the day, actions do speak louder than words. Political leaders in France have gained clarity very quickly in this regard while our leaders continue to ignore the elephant in the room.