The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

News and Discussions about politics, current affairs, international relations, economy, elections, state level politics etc.
This forum is strictly moderated.
chetak
Forum Moderator

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by chetak » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:30 pm

sanjay raut and his propaganda sena :mrgreen:

Ayodhya: The disingenuity of Shiv Sena leaders; then and now

Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut is being disingenuous in claiming that it took only 17 mins for the Sena to bring down the Babri Masjid just like Bal Thackeray had when he claimed credit for it’s demolition

Ayodhya: The disingenuity of Shiv Sena leaders; then and now
Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut is being disingenuous in claiming that it took only 17 mins for the Sena to bring down the Babri Masjid just like Bal Thackeray had when he claimed credit for it’s demolition

Sujata Anandan
25 Nov 2018,

Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut is simply being disingenuous in claiming that it took only 17 minutes for the Sena to bring down the Babri Masjid.

I have written this in my book, "Samrat: How the Shiv Sena changed Mumbai forever, " but for those who missed the story, here goes it again. I was a young reporter working for a national wire service then and on Sunday duty on December 6, 1992. My bureau chief had asked me to pay close attention to the news reports from Ayodhya - he was thinking of riots, not the demolition of the Babri Masjid: with lots of Muslims in Faizabad, communal clashes between them and the saffron forces were not to be discounted.

I was standing near the teleprinter machine when the flash arrived, "Babri Masjid demolished by Shiv Sainiks, says BJP leader Sundar Singh Bhandari."

I wasted no time. I was immediately on the phone to Bal Thackeray. I could sense Thackeray was flummoxed as he fumbled for a reaction and asked me to call him back in 20 minutes as he called Saamna, the Sena mouthpiece, to confirm the news. When they did and I called him back, he said “Well, if my Shiv Sainiks have brought down the mosque, I can only be proud of them.”

In my relative inexperience at the time and excitement at getting Thackeray to comment on the event, I forgot to notice the significance of the qualification “if" and failed to ask him to clarify. So that was how his reaction went out – I can only be proud of my Shiv Sainiks if they have brought down the mosque.

Now Thackeray, as was his wont, was claiming credit where it was not his and being disingenuous himself. He was initially flummoxed because he knew no Shiv Sainik was present in Ayodhya on December 6, 1992. Leaders like Manohar Joshi, Sudhir Joshi and Pramod Navalkar had indeed made their way to Ayodhya. But with a large congregation of Vishwa Hindu Parishad, Bajrang Dal and senior BJP leaders already there, all the accommodation in hotels and guest houses were already taken. They were asked to camp out in tents pitched on some grounds and that they found insulting. They called Thackeray and he ordered them back to Mumbai instantly for he too felt the BJP was not giving his senior party leaders their due and treating them like ordinary workers.

There were riots and the Srikrishna Commission was set up to probe them in Mumbai and the Lieberhans commission and the Allahabad High Court summoned Thackeray to ascertain his party’s role in the demolition

These leaders boarded the next train back to Mumbai and were on a halt in Calcutta that Sunday. It was the era before mobile telephones and Thackeray found it difficult to get through to them. But it did not really matter whether or not they could confirm their absence from Ayodhya for Thackeray had a habit of seizing on issues that he thought would give him electoral benefits even if he had nothing to do with them.

This was the beginning of the rise of Hindutva and Thackeray had already run out of steam on the regional Marathi manoos card he had been playing until then. He knew he needed something more all-encompassing than just the Marathi manoos vote. Hindutva was that “something more", so he jumped on the opportunity to claim credit for a hand in the demolition of the Babri Masjid knowing it to be patently untrue.

But then there were riots, the Srikrishna Commission was set up to probe them in Mumbai and the Lieberhans commission and the Allahabad High Court summoned Thackeray to ascertain his party's role in the demolition. Now one thing that Thackeray was afraid of was the judiciary and being thrown into prison again. He had been thrown into jail once before for his party’s involvement in the 1969 anti-South Indian riots in Mumbai and the experience terrified him. He failed to answer the summons and appointed a battery of high profile lawyers to get him out of a personal appearance.

By then I had moved from the United News of India to the Indian Express in Mumbai and as the Srikrishna hearing got underway, I recounted what Thackeray had told me on December 6, 1992. A furious Thackeray called me the next morning to say I had misquoted him.

“No, I have not, Balasaheb,”I told him. “You may not remember me from the time I was a nameless, faceless reporter working for UNI but it was I who called you that evening for your reaction and you asked me to call back in 20 minutes as you ascertained from Saamna if UNI had really put out that flash. They told you PTI had too and then you gave me your reaction. You didn’t deny it the next day so why are you denying it now?”

Thackeray well remembered the events and had the good grace to deny it no further. But he asked me to come over to Matoshree and, when I did, he abused BJP leaders in the most colourful language I had heard until then. ‘They did not have the guts to acknowledge their role in the demolition and blamed it on me. I am afraid of no one or nothing (though he was of the courts) so I accepted the blame. But my Shiv Sainiks never touched that mosque,”

I told him then that he needed to make a more public statement than just to a reporter for the denial to have better impact. Thackeray did precisely that a few weeks later at a rally at Shivaji Park, saying, "That halkat (b@$tard) Sundar Singh Bhandari did not have the guts to face the consequences so blamed my Shiv Sainiks, etc” and neatly wriggled out of his predicament.

When the Srikrishna commission indicted Thackeray, Mumbai Bajrang Dal president Shankar Gaikar called me to ask why he was getting all the credit for the demolition, “I was on top of the dome and helped to bring down the dhancha with my men. If there was a single Shiv Sainik there, I am willing to give my life for it.” Thus confirming Thackeray's denial was truer than his original claim.

But now Thackeray is no more and the threat to him from the judiciary is past. Hindutva is on the rise again and the Shiv Sena has run out of issues for the next elections. Therefore, Sanjay Raut is firing a shot in the dark again. Who knows where it might lead his party and the country?

(This column was first published in Lokmat Times)

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:44 pm

Raghu@IndiaTales7 · 10h

No one remembers the girl baby born on the same day who was interchanged with Krishna, a boy baby, to save his life. The boy's life was precious but the girl was born to sacrifice her life. Today is not only the birthday of Shri Krishna but also of Yogamaya.
#HappyJanmashtami

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:09 pm

wasn't it under the eyetalian matha that the monarchy was brought down in nepal and the country ws made sickular

The Elaborate And Perverse Beijing-Backed Plot To Break Civilisational Ties Between India And Nepal

The Elaborate And Perverse Beijing-Backed Plot To Break Civilisational Ties Between India And Nepal

Jaideep Mazumdar
Aug 13, 2020

Snapshot
Indian and Nepali people share civilisational ties that are based on the shared heritage of Hinduism and Buddhism.

Nepal’s Communists, ever since they gained critical political mass, have been trying to question and rupture this heritage.

Nepal’s Prime Minister Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli’s remark at a function in the middle of last month that the real Ayodhya is in Nepal and Bhagwan Ram was born in Nepal, and his repetition of this claim earlier this week, was not a casual claim born out of his antipathy towards India.

It was, say analysts, a deliberate and well-thought-out remark. And it was part of a gameplan to rupture the age-old civilisational ties that exist between the people of Nepal and India.

China, along with Pakistan, are part of this complex plot.

The objective is to slowly wean Nepal away from India’s sphere of influence and make it an inalienable part of a Pakistan-Nepal-China axis that will emerge as a permanent headache for India.

Nepal’s Communist rulers are active and enthusiastic players in this conspiracy whose fulcrum is to alter the overwhelmingly Hindu character of the Himalayan country.

Nepal was the world’s only Hindu state till it was declared a secular republic under an interim Constitution that abolished the monarchy in January 2007.

Since then, Christian missionaries and NGOs from Western nations and even South Korea, and Islamist preachers acting at the behest of Pakistan, have had a free run in the country.

Millions of impoverished Nepalese have been converted through allurements, social and political pressure and even threats (read this and this).

Nepal’s Communists have not only turned a blind eye to the evangelist activities of the Christian missionaries in the country, but are also believed to be actively encouraging them to proselytise.

As a result, Nepal’s Christian population is increasing by leaps and bounds. Demographic experts say that the 2011 census grossly underreported the number of Christians at a little over 2.75 lakh (over one percent of the country’s population). The number could actually be as high as nearly two percent of Nepal’s population now.

Christianity is growing fast in Nepal. Also, though the country’s census puts Hindus at 81.34 per cent of the population of Nepal, this number is deceptive.

That’s because a significant number of these Hindus are active members of the Communist parties and, hence, are atheists or non-practising Hindus. As such, they cannot be counted among Hindus.

In fact, like their counterparts in India, Nepal’s Communists harbour a deep antipathy towards Hindus.

Christianity In Nepal

Christian missionaries have been trying to carry out conversions in Nepal ever since the Capuchins forayed into that country in 1715. They attempted to convert the king of Bhaktapur, but failed. When Gorkha ruler Prithvi Narayan Shah conquered the Kathmandu Valley and unified Nepal in 1769, he expelled all the missionaries from the kingdom.

After that expulsion, Nepal remained free of Christian missionaries for the next two centuries.

Some Nepali-speaking citizens of India who had been converted to Christianity did attempt to enter Nepal surreptitiously and carry out conversions, but the country’s monarchs firmly curbed such activities.

It was only in 1951 after King Tribhuvan opened his country to the world and appealed to the global community for help in Nepal’s development that Christian missionaries smelt an opportunity.

The missionaries responded to the call and, in the name of setting up humanitarian and aid missions, started proselytising economically and socially disadvantaged Nepalis with their infamous ‘evangelical’ zeal.

The Protestant missionaries in Nepal quickly organised themselves into a United Mission to Nepal (UMN) in 1954 to coordinate their proselytising. Under the cover of running medical clinics, schools and educational institutions, rural development and other such works, the missionaries started converting the beneficiaries of their interventions to Christianity silently.

The Western missionaries Nepali-speaking Indians who had converted to Christianity to establish missions in Nepal and proselytise, mainly through fake faith-healing and exorcism camps.

Progress on the proselytising front was initially slow with just about 500 Nepalis converted by 1973. But the numbers went up rapidly since the early 1980s and by 1985, Nepal had 25,000 converts. The number doubled to 50,000 in just five years (1990).

There has been a huge spurt in conversions over the last five years since the 2015 earthquake that devastated Nepal. Under the cover of relief and rehabilitation, Christian missionaries have been converting the poor and socially backward segments of Nepal’s populace through various allurements.

Nepal, however, has laws banning proselytising. But the missionaries flout such laws, often with the active encouragement of the Communists there.

Nepal’s new constitution provides “protection to religion and culture being practised from ancient times” and prohibits “disturbing the religious beliefs” of people. Nepal’s Parliament passed a law in 2017 that prohibits hurting religious sentiments and “undermining the faith that any community has been practising since eternal times”.

Though these laws were passed mainly due to the pressure from Nepal’s Hindus, they have been seldom enforced. The Communist rulers have, in fact, frowned on enforcement of these laws and have punished officials who have attempted to prosecute the proselytisers.

The effect of conversions

The missionaries, in their zeal to convert, mock Hinduism and paint the religion as regressive, socially divisive, discriminatory and steeped in superstition. This portrayal finds resonance among many gullible, simple village folks who are usually socially and economically disadvantaged.

The constant vilification of the upper caste Hindu, who may be marginally better off than the lower castes that the proselytisers target, strikes a chord among the lower castes who had been at the receiving end of upper caste discrimination and other social evils for a long time.

This propaganda breeds a deep hatred for Hindus in the minds of the new converts. Also, since India is associated with Hinduism, the antipathy towards Hindus and Hinduism easily translates into anti-Indianism.

Sociologists in Nepal say that the converts’ primary allegiance is to the church, not the nation. While that in itself bodes ill for Nepal, the concern for India is that many of these converts to Christianity start harbouring deep anti-India sentiments.

Islamic Fundamentalism In Nepal

Nepal has witnessed an alarming rise in Islamic fundamentalism fuelled by Pakistan, and in Wahhabi preachers and clerics funded by the Gulf nations in recent years.

While the Kathmandu Valley has witnessed a surge in migration of Kashmiri Muslims, the Terai region (foothills bordering India) has become a happy playground for Islamic radicals.

The Kashmiri Muslim migrants to Nepal harbour deep anti-India and pro-Pakistani sentiments. Islamists in the Indian States of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar that border Nepal have been radicalising Nepali Muslims living in the Terai belt.

A huge number of Wahhabi seminaries, madrasahs and mosques have come up in the vast expanse of Nepal’s Terai (or Madhes) over the past decade and are spreading the extremist, Salafi form of Islam.

Indian intelligence agencies say three Muslim bodies in Nepal--the Islamic Yuwa Sangh, Nepal Muslim Sangh and the Muslim Seva Samiti--have become willing handmaidens of Pakistan in spreading fundamentalist Islam.

“This radicalisation of Nepal’s Muslims also translates into rising anti-India sentiments among them. India is portrayed as a ‘Hindu rashtra’ where Muslims are persecuted and killed. A large number of Nepali Muslims have thus been brainwashed into becoming anti-Indian,” said a Nepal-watcher in India’s Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).

Muslims constitute about 4.5 per cent of Nepal’s population now, but their numbers are rising fast. It is estimated that by 2030, Muslims will form at least seven percent of the country’s population.

The Communist plan

Beijing’s gameplan is to use its Communist lackeys in Nepal to drive a schism between Nepalis and Indians by rupturing the deep-rooted civilisational ties between the two countries.

These civilisational ties are essentially based on the shared heritage of Hinduism and Buddhism between the people of the two countries. Nepal’s Communists, ever since they gained critical political mass, have been trying to question and rupture this heritage.

As Communists, they ought to have no interest in religion. But the very fact that they so strongly advocate their positions on matters of Buddhism and Hinduism reveals their designs.

For many years now, Nepal’s Communists have been driving home the point that Gautam Buddha was born in Lumbini which is in Nepal. And hence, Nepal has the rightful claim to the ‘land of Buddhism’ tag.

The articulation of this claim started sometime in the middle of the last decade and was done primarily by the Communists before other parties also joined in for political reasons.

India has been indulgent towards this claim and has always acknowledged that Buddha was, indeed, born in Nepal.

It is a different matter that Buddha attained enlightenment in Bodh Gaya, gave his first sermon at Sarnath and attained parinirvana in Kushinagar, which are all in India. And after attaining enlightenment, he spent his entire life in Bharatvarsh.

The recent and needless controversy kicked up by Kathmandu over India’s foreign minister S. Jaishankar’s innocuous remarks about Buddha provides yet another evidence of the Communists’ gameplan.

“It is all aimed at fracturing the age-old ties between the people of the two countries. Nepal’s Communists have been very consistently trying to do this over the past two decades in subtle and not-so-subtle ways,” said the MEA official.

This is also why Nepal’s ‘godless’ Communists tried to expel Indian-origin priests from the most revered Pashupatinath Mandir in 2009 (read this and this) before backtracking under tremendous pressure.

Not deterred by that setback, the Communists made another attempt two years later. That, too, was foiled.

“The reason they (Communists) want to gain control over Pashupatinath Mandir is because it binds the Hindus of the two countries. By gaining control, the Communists can put in motion their objective to sever the age-old ties between the Hindus of the two countries,” said Shreyas Bhandari, a widely-respected religious scholar in Nepal (read this).

The abolition of the monarchy in Nepal was also part of this gameplan. Nepal’s monarchs had very close ties with Yogi Goraknath, founder of the Nath monastic movement and the famed Gorakhnath Math.

The Communists have been whipping up nationalism, bordering on jingoism, in Nepal. Prime Minister Oli’s many jingoistic moves (read this) are all aimed at whipping up passions against India.

The ultimate objective behind this elaborate gameplan is to create an Islamabad-Kathmandu-Beijing axis that will be ranged as an effective containment measure against India.

New Delhi has to guard against this axis being cemented and counter the nefarious motives of Nepal’s Communists very deftly. That represents a real challenge for India.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:08 pm

India's telecom scandals have many more dimensions than just the oft quoted "tip of the iceberg" spectrum scandal and huge moneys were made by these named people in these many "other" hidden scandals as well.

It's no wonder that many so many hidden hands are desperately engaged in covering up/delaying the "long ongoing" investigations :mrgreen:

How China penetrated into India’s Telecom sector?

How China penetrated into India’s Telecom sector?

July 11, 2020
J Gopikrishnan

Who were all behind this Chinese incursion?

Now after the violent clashes with India and China leading to death of soldiers, “Boycott Chinese Goods” clarion got momentum. How practical this is a big question. Recently, Department of Telecom (DoT) on July 1, 2020 directed PSUs BSNL and MTNL to avoid Chinese equipments from 4G network upgrading process. The DoT officials also said that private telecom operators would also direct- ed to stop using Chinese equipments. Being a Journalist covered so many telecom scams and murky tales in the telecom sector, this newsflash has taken me to the history of Chinese entry in the Indian telecom sector.

Many Chinese products entered Indian market from mid 70s like cycles, automobile parts etc due to its low price and its more finishing touches compared to the then Indian products. Then came entry in pharmacy sector and hardware machinery sector and then in computers. But entry in telecom sector by 2007 (not individual mobile phones but in telecom networks) was controversial due to the inbuilt software (spywares) became problematic on country’s security point of view. But these concerns were gone to wind due to the corrupt political leadership, bureaucracy and many unscrupulous private telecom operators who just interested in money making, ignoring the security concerns.

Flashback: India’s mobile phone sector witnessed a total change when Dhirubhai Ambani landed in Telecom sector by giving mobile phone and connection for just Rs.500 in mid 2002. That time Reliance mobile phone operations were headed by elder son Mukesh Ambani and later went to Anil Ambani after family partition in 2006. All the mobile phones given to pubic with just Rs.500 with connection were fully imported from China. Indian public that time paying around Rs.9,000 to Rs.15,000 average for a mobile phone with exorbitant call charges were overnight rallying in queue before Reliance shops to get a mobile phone and connection for Rs.500. After getting connection, Reliance used to charge the price of the mobile phone in installments along with monthly bill, which ultimately lead to lot of displeasure from customers on the hidden pricing. “kar lo duniya mutti mein” was the Reliance advertisement for this package with smiling Dhirubhai Ambani’s photo. Actually, these Chinese phones were not durable ones like European, Korean and Japanese makes. But due to low pricing large number of public preferred Chinese due to its cheap price.

This great magic of pumping cheap Chinese phones by Reliance outsmarted other European mobile companies like Nokia, Siemens, Erickson, Motorola and Korean brand Samsung and Japanese brands like Sony, Mitsubishi along with other mobile operators like Airtel, Idea, Essar etc. So soon all the mobile operators were also forced to go for low cost Chinese phones while giving connection.

“Many Chinese products entered Indian market from mid 70s like cycles, automobile parts etc due to its low price and its more finishing touches compared to the then Indian products.”

Here come the typical Indian problems. Why India never thought of manufacturing mobile phone in India? Answer is simple. Our system is always slow in decision making process and we started manufacturing mobile phones only in 2005 by inviting Nokia to start a manufacturing unit in Chennai and within few years we created hell to them by taxation issues, leading to shut the shop. India allowed mobile phones in 1994, started mobile phone manufacturing only in 2005. That is 11 years later, allowing other countries to pump their phones here. That is India’s policy making whoever rule the country. Thankfully now Korean brand Samsung and Apple iPhones started manufacturing facility in India in 2018 and many firms have started mobile phone and accessories business. Still we have to go long way in archaic taxation to boost this sector.

Problem in Chinese mobile phones and silence of Indian authorities:

Meanwhile by 2006, so many Chinese phones started manufacturing and assembling in India. There were fake Indian brands also like Micromax, Penta, Karbonn etc. They were just importing raw material and assembling or importing with Indian names from China. But there was a problem in Chinese phones. These mobile phones, with internet connectivity and little known funny brand names, were sold at anything between Rs 3,000 and Rs 6,000 when established companies like Nokia, Sony- Ericsson, and Motorola were selling handsets between Rs 15,000 and Rs 25,000. Why the Chinese were allowed to sell handsets at such throw-away price remains mystery.

Within three years, by 2009, more than five crore Chinese mobile phones were sold in Indian market. By 2009, Indian authorities found out that these phones were illegal because they were violating basic security norms.

This is the blatant violation: In 2003, in order to track mobile phones, the International Telecom Union (ITU), had insisted that all manufacturers provide a unique number for each mobile set called the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number. Every mobile user can get this 15-17 digit IMEI number by pressing *#06# on his or her handset. According to the ITU, service providers must not provide connection to a mobile phone without this IMEI number because this number helps security agencies track a subscriber.

The question is: Why did the Commerce Ministry under Kamal Nath and his deputy Jairam Ramesh, back in 2006, allow illegal Chinese mobile phones, that clearly violated international standards, into the Indian market? Why Telecom Ministry that time headed by Dayanidhi Maran and A.Raja gave connection to these Chinese mobiles without IMEI number? Woken up in 2010 with a rude shock, Indian intelligence agencies, in a rather delayed intervention, alerted the Department of Telecom which then ordered service providers to dis- connect all service to Chinese mobile phones operating without the IMEI number. The damage, however, had been done with more five crores unaccounted for Chinese handsets already out in the market.

And more than RS.25,000 crore had flown to China by this. All these mobile phones without IMEI numbers gone to dustbin.

Entry of Chinese equipments in Indian telecom networks:

Allowing Chinese companies into India’s telecom networks by 2007 was the worst. The political leadership, corrupt officials and certain uncouth mobile phone operating Corporates were behind this. It is intriguing that despite repeated alerts from the Government’s intelligence and technical units, Chinese telecom giants Huawei and Zhong Xing Telecommunication Equipment (ZTE) were allowed into the Indian telecom sector by 2007. That time India’s Telecom Minister was none other than controversial A.Raja. No need to say further on this.

“This is the blatant violation: In 2003, in order to track mobile phones, the International Telecom Union (ITU), had insisted that all manufacturers provide a unique number for each mobile set called the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number.”
According to Indian telecom engineers familiar with the case, Huawei’s first presentation to the Department of Telecommunication (DoT) for empanelling them as vendors, after they had crossed certain “political barriers,” sowed the first seeds of doubt. They say, “Huawei engineers boasted about having the unique advantage of a Remote Access Servicing System. When asked to explain, they said that their equipment, in case of any faults, can be repaired or serviced from their headquarters in China. Our engineers, out of curiosity, asked what kind of technology this was and how could they repair equipment installed in India by sitting in China.”

“It is still a mystery as to how, back in 2007, Huawei was entertained in India, when all knew that the company is headed by officers of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) of China and that it was founded in 1987 by Brigadier Ren Zhengfei and other ex-PLA officers. In fact, much before R&AW and Intelligence Bureau raised an alarm over this company’s presence here, the credentials of Huawei were questioned by junior telecom officials at the Sanchar Bhawan.”

Clearly unconvinced, India’s telecom engineers decided to probe further. “When we consulted our technical counterparts in the security agencies, they also found something fishy in this technology. Back then, the entire world was researching to decode the method behind this Chinese technology. Within days we found out that the company was installing some bugging software or chip in its equipment which enables the company’s Chinese headquarters to enter into our network without our knowledge,” say India’s smart telecom engineers. Despite the obvious serious- ness of this alert, it was not entertained either by the DoT bureaucrats or their political masters; worse, those who raised these concerns were asked to keep quiet.

It soon became apparent that Chinese brokers had slowly but surely be- gun to dominate the power corridors in India, virtually kicking out existing European giants like Nokia, Ericsson, Siemens etc. It is an open secret now that most Chinese brokers in India are Hawala agents operating in New Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai and whose instant and speedy delivery of strategies alongside their ability to please the bureaucracy and politicians outwitted the tactics employed by the European vendors. Fact is all gave kickbacks because India is big market. But Chinese give it smarter and faster ways.

Following Huawei, Indian authorities allowed yet another Chinese company, the ZTE, into the telecom sector in 2008. By that time Anil Ambani’s Reliance was mainly using ZTE and helping them to lobby in India. This company, founded in 1985, is a listed company in the Shanghai Stock Exchange and is a strategic partner to many Chinese defense establishments. In fact, a major stake in this company is still controlled by Chinese Government units connected with defense and aerospace. Between the two of them these telecom giants managed to corner plenty of business in the Indian telecom sector.

“Huawei bagged several contracts in the BSNL’s southern networks, amounting to more than Rs 2000 crore during tainted A.Raja’s tenure. As R&AW and IB were putting pressures against Chinese equipments due to inbuilt spywares, the Indian political leadership came with a great compromise deal.”

Huawei bagged several contracts in the BSNL’s southern networks, amounting to more than Rs 2000 crore during tainted A.Raja’s tenure. As R&AW and IB were putting pressures against Chinese equipments due to inbuilt spy- wares, the Indian political leadership came with a great compromise deal. The deal was don’t use Chinese equipments in North Indian telecom networks and decided to use in South Indian telecom networks. What an Idea!!!!

Given the stiff competition and the Chinese vendors’ cheap pricing policy, private mobile operators too started getting drawn to these companies. It is a well-known fact that the Chinese Government reimburses losses, in the form of subsidy, in several ways, to their companies for bagging international contracts. Things went largely undisturbed till Indian intelligence agencies alerted in 2010 by their American and British counterparts about the exact nature of the bugging software/chip hidden in-side the Chinese telecom equipment.

“The bugging software or chip is now widely known as the Manchurian Micro Chip. This is an advanced, spy software developed by Chinese hackers with the help of the Call-Home Technology. As soon as anyone installs a Chinese equipment, it is reported to its master server in China. That means, at any given time they can infiltrate our network and jam it as and when they wish to. The technology also helps them enter our network and access sensitive data. Still, it took months for our Government to take action and ban them,” say telecom engineers.

The first official international alarm against Chinese telecom operators was sounded in September 2009 by the Australian intelligence agency, Australian Security Intelligence Organization (ASIO) that officially started investigations into Chinese telecom equipment installed in their country. Following investigations, Huawei was promptly asked to replace all Chinese engineers in Australia and the ASIO ordered the insulation of their network by de-bugging the devilish Manchurian Micro Chip. Predictably, amid allegations pouring thick and fast against this bugging software, Chinese diplomats chose to term the entire matter, “American pulp fiction”. Playing the aggrieved party, they said investigations on Chinese cyber infiltrations worldwide amounted to denial of a level playing field.

Back in India, the Telecom Ministry’s plan to grant a Rs 36,000 crore GSM line tender to Huawei in 2010 was cancelled by the Prime Minister’s Office after security agencies confirmed the presence of bugging software in their equipment. In a shocking move, however, the Telecom Ministry then under A.Raja, advocating Huawei’s cause, said that while border areas can be avoided, the company must be allowed access to the rest of the country. Fortunately, on the intervention of the Central Vigilance Commission and the Advisor to Prime Minister Sam Pitroda, cancellation of the entire tendering procedure was ordered. Then Huawei and ZTE used Indian media with tall claims about “huge investments and huge employment” they plan in India.

“The first official international alarm against Chinese telecom operators was sounded in September 2009 by the Australian intelligence agency, Australian Security Intelligence Organization (ASIO) that officially started investigations into Chinese telecom equipment installed in their country.”

In ‘The Pioneer’ newspaper on May 16, 2010, I wrote a full page article on this incident. The article was based on the mid 2010 fight between then Home Minister P Chidambaram and Environmental Minister Jairam Ramesh on Chinese entry on India’s telecom networks. Jairam Ramesh was caught in a controversy for supporting Chinese companies and later Chidambaram flexed muscles and I feel after flexing muscles Chidambaram must have satisfied with Chinese after getting his pound of flesh in the battle. Those days Huawei and ZTE representatives and Chinese diplomats were always seen in the Home Ministry’s office corridors waiting for Chidambaram. Later ‘Mogambo khush hua.’ And Indian media too kept silence as Chinese telecom companies’ advertisements were pumped.

The latest info

Now it is exposed that Anil Ambani’s Reliance was using full Chinese equipments and he had bagged Rs.15 billion dollar from Chinese Banks from 2008 to 2010. According to Chinese Banks’ cases (now with interest dues Chinese banks demand 18 billion dollar) filed before the London Court, this huge loan was given to install Chinese equipments in India’s telecom and power sectors.

According to Aid Data’s research paper on China’s Global Footprints, in May 2008, first Reliance Communications got 750 Million Dollar to purchase Chinese telecom equipment from Huawei. This loan was given by China Development Bank when Anil Ambani’s Telecom firm bagged the controversial GSM license in November 2007 with blessing of then Telecom Minister A.Raja and then Finance Minister P Chidambaram.

In December 2010, the Chinese Development Bank with other Chinese banks’ consortium funded a big loan of 1.93 Billion Dollars to Anil Ambani’s now-defunct Reliance Communications. This was used for short term refinancing and to buy controversial Chinese equipment from Huawei and ZTE, which was always objected to by India’s Intelligence Bureau. Though IB sleuths objected, Anil Ambani always managed to get clearances from Home Ministry and Telecom Ministry, who was always seen in all Ministers’ offices or homes including Prime Minister’s office or home on every Wednesdays during Congress led UPA regime.

Now Anil Ambani is bankrupt and still getting favours from BJP Government also. On May 23, 2020, the London Court ordered to pay immediately 717 million dollars in 21 days in the demands raised by Chinese banks. As per the London Court’s Order, Anil Ambani was supposed to pay this 717 million dollar (Rs. 5400 crore) by June 13, 2020. As per the information this payment is not yet paid. How bankrupt Anil Ambani going to pay all these huge dues is a multi-billion dollar question.

Now dear readers, what is the point in current propaganda of boycotting Chinese products? We have seen how our Intelligence agencies and telecom engineers’ warning were ignored by India’s political leadership, officials and certain Corporates. Now, the Department of Telecom directed PSUs BSNL and MTNL to avoid Chinese firms from telecom networks. The DoT officials say private telecom operators will also be directed to do so. Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Jio, which has already pumped Millions Chinese phones in Indian market and other operators too. Sensing the atmosphere, Mukesh Ambani declared that Chinese equipments are not used in his networks. Now he is in the good book of United States by avoiding Chinese equipments from network, while dumping all low cost Chinese phones in India. Only time will tell on the changing market equations subject to changing geo-political equations and its ups and downs.

(J Gopikrishnan is a Journalist working with ‘The Pioneer’ newspaper, credited for reporting many telecom scams.)

Aditya
Forum Moderator

Post by Aditya » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:10 am

Visit to ayodhya

Last week I visited ayodhya. After lockdown, it was my first trip. Let me tell you something about Ayodhya. Ayodhya is a district now. The distance of Ayodhya from Delhi is around 665 km. Janambhumi area and other temples are situated in 3 km of the area. 90% people in Ayodhya are Vaishnav(baniya). there is no wine shop and meet shops in that area. whole Ayodhya is painted with yellow color. You will not get fast food there. people of ayodhya is very simple and honest. They all are vegetarian. But after some time Ayodhya is going to commercialize. All old markets are going to broken. New regidencies and hotels will come out. We all know that change is a good thing but they should do it 5 km from ayodhya. here is an opinion we take from ayodhyavasi. will tell about temples in my next post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2GzquzimrM&t=32s

Aditya
Forum Moderator

Post by Aditya » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:50 am

Places if you are visiting Ayodhya First time.

You should start early morning with the Saryu River. After that, you should visit Nageswarnath Temple(temple of lord shiva). Then you can go to Kaleram there all old stones you can see. after that, you should visit Janki Rasoi, Mata Sita's Kitchen. After that, you can go to Ramlala main temple.It is under construction. You have to go through security. Then you should go for Dasrath Mahal, Ramji has spent their childhood there. Then you can go to Kanak Bhawan, this Bhawan gifted to Sita Mata by Ramji. And then you can visit Hanumangadhi and sugriv kila. Overall in a single day you can visit all temples.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:53 am

The CBI charges that will now stand against Rhea, her family and managers-IPC 120B,306,341,342,380,406,420,506-Criminal Conspiracy, Abetment to suicide, wrongful restraint and confinement, Theft, Breach of Trust Cheating and Criminal intimidation.

plus the already pending enforcement directorate charges.

new accused persons can be also be added and the CBI is now free to register a fresh case, if required.

Sushant Singh's Death Case: A First When Single Judge Bench Invokes Article 142 to Order CBI Probe

AUGUST 19, 2020

The judgment in the Sushant Singh Rajput's death case is set to go down in the judicial history as the first case when a single judge bench exercised its extraordinary powers under Article 142 of the Constitution.

Justice Hrishikesh Roy, presiding over the single judge bench in the Supreme Court, ordered for a CBI investigation in the actor's death case under Article 142.

"To ensure public confidence in the investigation and to do complete justice in the matter, this Court considers it appropriate to invoke the powers conferred by Article 142 of the Constitution," maintained Justice Roy.

The judge turned down the objection by senior lawyer Abhishek Manu Singhvi, who represented the Maharashtra government, in this regard.

Singhvi had said a single judge bench cannot exercise the powers under Article 142 and that it must be a bench having strength of at least two judges.

"This power is neither vested in the learned Single Judge vide Supreme Court Notification dated 17th September 2019, nor is it a power arising from or relatable to Section 406 of the CrPC. which alone is entrusted to the learned Single Judge," the senior lawyer had argued.

But Justice Roy did not accept this contention. The judge held: "As a Court exercising lawful jurisdiction for the assigned roster, no impediment is seen for exercise of plenary power in the present matter."

Justice Roy further noted that Article 142 uses the words "Supreme Court in exercise of its jurisdiction" may pass all suitable orders necessary for doing complete justice.

Therefore, there is no prohibition under the Constitution for a single judge bench, hearing a vase assigned as per roster, to invoke its authority under Article 142.

Article 142 allows the apex court to pass any order necessary to do "complete justice" in any case. "The Supreme Court in the exercise of its jurisdiction may pass such decree or make such order as is necessary for doing complete justice in any cause or matter pending before it..." the Article states.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:25 pm

Archie.Col.Veteran.IA@archie65·18h

Many of you must have seen this video and read the book also...
Those who didn't and wish to know background of demonitisation..n the dirty hands of Cong in collapsing our economy.. plz do watch

The background of demonitisation

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:39 pm

There is no smoke without fire.

the govt has been encouraging this socially progressive step for some time now but the muslim termites have found a new way to tunnel into the body politic and are doing the very obvious by paying off "sympathetic" elements into the marking up the results and using foolish govt concessions to skate by the interview process.

This marks a new jehadi tactic in their overall ghazwa e hind strategy

Controversy erupts after Sudarshan News publishes a snippet of its upcoming report on Muslims clearing UPSC exams: All you need to know
27 August, 2020
OpIndia Staff

Left-liberals media houses have published innumerable stories on alleged Brahmin and upper dominance in judiciary, bureaucracy etc. Such media houses even segregate soldiers based on caste, but now have problem if someone studies number of Muslims in civil and police services.

Hindi news channel Sudarshan News has triggered outrage after it aired a promo for a program to be broadcast on 28 August. Multiple police associations have criticised the channel and demanded action against it, while several cases have been filed by activists against the channel and its editor at various places.

Sudarshan News chief editor Suresh Chavhanke had posted a video of the program to be aired on 28th August, where he had informed that the channel is analysing that they claim is the sudden increase in the number of Muslims selected in various posts in administrative and police services in the country, along with an increase in marks obtained by Muslim candidates in compared with others.

He had announced that it will be the channel’s big campaign against the ‘bureaucracy jihad’ and ‘UPSC Jihad’. ‘imagine jihadis from Jamia becoming your district commissioner and secretaries in every ministry’ he warned in the dramatic video.

#सावधान
लोकतंत्र के सबसे महत्वपूर्ण स्तंभ कार्यपालिका के सबसे बड़े पदों पर मुस्लिम घुसपैठ का पर्दाफ़ाश.

#UPSC_Jihad #नौकरशाही_जिहाद

देश को झकझोर देने वाली इस सीरीज़ का लगातार प्रसारण प्रतिदिन. शुक्रवार 28 अगस्त रात 8 बजे से सिर्फ सुदर्शन न्यूज़ पर.@narendramodi @RSSorg pic.twitter.com/B103VYjlmt

— Suresh Chavhanke “Sudarshan News” (@SureshChavhanke) August 25, 2020
After the controversial video was posted, it attacked criticism from various sides, notably from left-liberals and Islamists. It was alleged that Suresh Chavhanke is spreading hate against Muslims, and leftist portals started publishing articles criticising him and his channel.

Soon, Muslim activists started filing case against the editor and the channel at various places across the country. Congress ideologist Tehseen Poonawalla wrote to Delhi police demanding action against the channel saying that the program is blatantly communal and it will incite hatred and violence against Muslim citizens.

Respected @CPDelhi , I have written to wrt to the show "Naukarshai mai Musalmano ki Ghuspate " to be telecasted on @SudarshanNewsTV .
The program is blatantly communal & will incite hatred & violence against our Muslim Fellow citizens.
Cc @DelhiPolice#SuspendSureshChavhanke pic.twitter.com/UQA3Eqi0eR

— Tehseen Poonawalla Official (@tehseenp) August 27, 2020
Another person adcvocate Saif Alam informed that he has filed a complaint against Suresh Chavhanke with the Mumbai police.

Filed a complaint against the Editor -in- chief, Sudarshan News Mr. Suresh Chavhanke under section 153A, 153B, 504, 505 (1) of IPC & s.67 of IT act at Trombay Police station (Mumbai)
We won't tolerate any more venoms from media against minorities. #Indiagainsthate pic.twitter.com/hN4oSTbMam

— Advocate Saif Alam (@Advsaifalam) August 27, 2020
The matter escalated further after that, and the IPS association posted a tweet from its official Twitter handle condemning the report by Sudarshan News. “We condemn the communal and irresponsible piece of journalism”, they tweeted based on the short clip about the upcoming news report.

A news story targeting candidates in civil services on the basis of religion is being promoted by Sudarshan TV.

We condemn the communal and irresponsible piece of journalism.

— IPS Association (@IPS_Association) August 27, 2020
The Indian Police foundation also posted a similar tweet. “The hate story carried on a Noida TV channel against minority candidates joining IAS /IPS is dangerous bigotry”. They said that the story has been carried on a Noida TV channel, but the fact is that the report is yet to be aired, and all the outrage is on promo of the program.

The hate story carried on a Noida TV channel against minority candidates joining IAS /IPS is dangerous bigotry. We refrain from retweeting it because it is pure venom. We hope #NewsBroadcastingStandardsAuthority, #UPPolice and concerned government authorities take strict action.

— Indian Police Foundation (@IPF_ORG) August 27, 2020
They also asked the News Broadcasting Standards Authority, UP Police and concerned government authorities to take strict action in the matter.

The otherwise ‘free speech champions’ demanded that police should take action against the channel.

Ask your counterparts in U.P to register a case, this is a noida based channel.

— vijaita singh (@vijaita) August 27, 2020
Sudarshan TV has been honoured by their bigotry being called 'irresponsible journalism' I saw this man with 3-4 Police gunners in Ayodhya on 5th Aug. Bigotry bites at unexpected places. #SuspendSureshChavhanke https://t.co/Q9zT4MrXai

— Sanket Upadhyay संकेत उपाध्याय (@sanket) August 27, 2020
Islamist also tried to trend the hashtag #SuspendSureshChavhanke, demanding that Twitter suspend the Twitter handle of Suresh Chavhanke.

#SuspendSureshChavhanke for sharing hateful tweets targeting a community.
CC : @TwitterSafety @TwitterSupport @TwitterSupport @misskaul @vijaya @TwitterIndia @verified https://t.co/5vxh3JekPz

— Mohammed Zubair (@zoo_bear) August 26, 2020
Will @CMOMaharashtra do something to stop this hate factory running from his state? #SuspendSureshChavhanke#ArrestSureshChavhanke https://t.co/qdmANnDwA7

— Milli Gazette (@milligazette) August 27, 2020
When Muslims do not study, you call them ‘puncturewallas’ & when they do study and when Jamia University gets No1 ranking in India, you call it job jihad. What do hate mongers like @SureshChavhanke and his hate factory @SudarshanNewsTV want Muslims to do? #SuspendSureshChavhanke

— Salman Nizami (@SalmanNizami_) August 27, 2020
Following the massive outrage from liberals and Islamists, Suresh Chavhanke responded to the same, saying that the program is about “Sudden spike in no of people of certain category selected in UPSC Civils in the last few years”. Responding the tweet by IPS Association, he saying that unfortunately the organisation is twisting without knowing the issue. He also invited the organisation to their program for participating in the discussion.

Unfortunate that @IPS_Association twisting without knowing the issue.

Issue is sudden spike in no of people of certain category selected in UPSC Civils in the last few years.

You're invited to participate in our program for informed discussion, if you care for UPSC objectivity. https://t.co/jy4wJXhljk

— Suresh Chavhanke “Sudarshan News” (@SureshChavhanke) August 27, 2020
Reacting to the tweet by Indian Police foundation, he clarified that the program is not about current IAS and IPS officials, but they are examining the selection process. He invited them also to participate in the program.

Suresh Chavhanke also claimed that terror leader Zakir Naik is also involved in the alleged conspiracy.

Not only terror group, but the leader of all the terror groups #ZakirNaik is involved in this conspiracy. Watch #UPSC_Jihad 1st and then react #नौकरशाही_जिहाद from 28 Aug 8pm daily https://t.co/vsPSOh7NbM

— Suresh Chavhanke “Sudarshan News” (@SureshChavhanke) August 27, 2020
Although the program is yet to be aired and its exact nature is not known, many people pointed out that what the program is pointing out is already done regularly by liberals and leftists media houses who are attacking the channel now. Sudarshan News is alleged of hatred against Muslims for talking about increased number of Muslim candidates in UPSC exams, but such analysis is regularly peddled by leftists, when they do caste-based analyses.

Shekhar Gupta worried about number of brahmins in Supreme Court is journalism. The Caravan counting number of brahmins in administratiom is journalism but how dare @SureshChavhanke count number of muslims. Example of what Suresh said https://t.co/98hJb3qSnt pic.twitter.com/i2hJgK4M8U

— Facts (@BefittingFacts) August 27, 2020
Did you condemn this? Or targetting Brahmins is a normal thing? pic.twitter.com/nh2gSJ8IJV

— Facts (@BefittingFacts) August 27, 2020
Left-liberals media houses have published innumerable stories on alleged Brahmin and upper dominance in judiciary, bureaucracy etc. Such media houses even segregate soldiers based on caste, but now have problem if someone studies number of Muslims in civil and police services.

A study done by Yugaparivartan portal three years ago confirms the conclusion of Sudarshan News. The study based on UPSC exam result in 2017 had shown that Muslims on average get 13 marks more at the interview stage as compared to other communities. The analysis had shown that when Muslim and non-Muslim candidates obtained equal marks in the written exam, the Muslim candidates got more marks at the interview stage. The portal had claimed that the study revealed bias at interview stage in favour of Muslims as compared to other communities.

Similarly, 18 students trained by Zakat Foundation had cleared the UPSC exams last year, causing worry about growing influence of Islamists on the Indian babudom. Zakat Foundation is an NGO founded on ‘Islamic principles’ carrying out various activities, which includes ‘coaching’ for civil services, specially aimed at helping Muslim students. Former IAS officer who took the plunge and floated his own political party, Shah Faesal, is one of the most popular alumni of Zakat Foundation. Faesal, who had topped the civil service examination in 2010 had called India ‘Rapistan’.

Once the program is broadcast on 28 August by Sudarshan News, it is expected that some of the doubt about the program will be cleared.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:38 pm

even major political parties would find it extremely difficult to coordinate 3 "interviews" in such a short period of time and in such a synchronised and systematically harmonized manner.

there are very strong rumors that rhea chakraborty's "interviews" were funded and managed by the drug lobby.

MAH govt has given a police escort for rhea chakraborty when she moves to and from the CBI offices

three english channels were involved in this PR exercise with many hindi channels too. It must have cost the organisers a bomb

Many truckloads of black lentils onlee :mrgreen:

Chayan Chatterjee@Satyanewshi·17h
#ShameOnNDTV

Rhea Chakraborty did TV hopping today: first an “exclusive interview” with Aajtak then witn CNN News18 now NDTV

3 successive interviews in 4 hours. Only a PR agency can arrange that kind of “multi-exclusive” publicity how much was spent on this?

Chayan Chatterjee@Satyanewshi·Aug 27

#ShameOnAajTak

mawali #Rajdeep comes to Mumbai in CHARTERED PLANE to do an interview

ED will come out with how much was paid to get this PR stunt

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:24 pm

every time the muslims demanded "negotiations", arrays of toxic sets of demands as laid out below or an even more virulent variations of the same were menacingly trotted out as the "minimum" requirement for the "fair settlement" of RJB.

and this is why the talks on "negotiations" failed everytime single time.

very few understood the efficaciousness of Modi's patience play, his steadfast refusal to go the ordinance route, and his waiting almost endlessly for the "committed" judiciary to get off its high horse.

And even after all this, the muslims are today back to bandying about the words "cheated", "coercion" and "toxic majoritarianism" as was evident in their crazed rantings at shaheen bagh and many other such gatherings nation wide and this is what their mullahs are today screaming in almost every mosque during friday "prayers".

In all this, not one single muslim or xtian of note or moral authority has anything meaningful to say about erdogan's attack on the church of hagia sophia or the latest attack on the holy saviour church in chora and conversion of both ancient churches to mosques.

apparently the goose and gander's sauce story is yet to gain any traction in the delusional jehadi world :mrgreen:

incidentally, the zakat foundation has no locus standi whatsoever in any "negotiations" with anyone leave alone the Hindus.

The 8 demands made by Zakat Foundation to concede Ram Janmabhoomi to Hindus during negotiations: Reservations for Muslims, delimitation of LS seats and more

The 8 demands made by Zakat Foundation to concede Ram Janmabhoomi to Hindus during negotiations: Reservations for Muslims, delimitation of LS seats and more

Zakat Foundation wished to extract great unfair concessions from the Hindu Community in return for the Ram Mandir. Their intention was explicitly to coerce Hindus into making grave concessions playing upon their attachment to Ram Janmabhoomi.

29 August, 2020
K Bhattacharjee

Recruitment into civil services and other government jobs has been the focus of renewed attention after allegations surfaced of favouritism being shown towards Muslims. In this regard, an organisation that often finds a mention is the Zakat Foundation of India. The organisation helps Muslims get selected into the bureaucracy and other government jobs by providing them with coaching and other help.

The Zakat Foundation, as we have reported earlier, is linked to the Radical Islamic preacher Zakir Naik and a host of Islamist organisations. Furthermore, they demand ‘proportional representation’ and reservations for Muslims in government jobs. Additionally, the president of ZFI, Syed Zafar Mahmood, made a list of demands for Muslims to concede Ram Janmabhoomi to Hindus while negotiations were underway between the Hindu and Muslims sides for an amicable settlement.

Needless to say, the demands were utterly preposterous and represent the dangerous mindset the Zakat Foundation of India operates with. It also shows that ZFI wanted to squeeze every benefit they could get playing upon the attachment that Hindus have towards the Janmabhoomi. Fortunately, the negotiations failed and the Supreme Court ruled in the favour of Hindus and paved the way for the construction of a Bhavya Ram Temple in Ayodhya.

In this report, we shall go through the eight demands that were made. The first demand was, “The constituencies of Lok Sabha and state assemblies where the Muslim population is very high while the Scheduled Caste percentage is not among the highest should be de-reserved. Instead, reserve those constituencies where SC percentage is among the highest, as recommended by Sachar Committee.”

This demand stems from the ZFI’s intention of increasing Muslim MPs in the Lok Sabha. The ZFI is of the opinion that the number of Muslim MPs in the Lower House of the Parliament is less than the number it is supposed to be in terms of their proportion to the Indian population. In short, they wish to have Muslim MPs proportional to their share of their population, a demand that was summarily rejected by the Constituent Assembly of India.

Furthermore, the Sachar Committee that is spoken of here is a panel that was set up by former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to look into alleged Muslim deprivation and Syed Zafar Mahmood actually served in the Committee. Thus, he is promoting the recommendations of a committee he was himself a member of.

The second demand was, “The Alternative Admission Criteria for undergraduate level admission into all universities and colleges of India should be accepted, approved and implemented as recommended by Sachar Committee.” The Alternative Admission Criteria (AAC) spoken of here is one where merit would account for only 60% of the points required for admission. The remaining 40% would be made on the basis of ‘backwardness’ in terms of household income, place of residence and class.

Source: Zakat Foundation of India
The third demand says, “To fill the posts of CEO of state waqf boards the central government should accept, approve and implement the launching of Indian Waqf Service as recommended by the Sachar Committee.” The Indian Waqf Services, thus proposed, would be along the lines of civil services. The proposal was rejected by the Ministry of Minority affairs, stating that a new cadre was neither practicable nor legally feasible. The ZFI recommended that a resolution ought to be passed by the parliament for the creation of the Waqf Service.

The fourth demand states, “The RBI proposal of allowing the banks to have a window for interest-less banking should be approved by the central government.” Charging interest is considered ‘Haram’ in Islam, therefore, the Zakat Foundation sought the establishment of interest-less banking for the Muslim community.

The fifth demand says, “The Minority character of Aligarh Muslim University should be accepted, approved and implemented by the central government.” The sixth states, “Any person who is charged with terror activity and is, after several years of multi-dimensional sufferance, exonerated by the court as innocent should be given Rs 50 lakh as compensation by the government. Later on, this money should be partly deducted from the salary/pension/provident fund/retirement benefits of the officer(s) who wrongly implicated him.”

The seventh states, “Give a proportionate share to Muslims in nominated posts and appointments under the state & central governments.” Here, the Zakat Foundation is demanding reservations for the Muslim community, along the lines of the reservations made for the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in employment opportunities, proportional to their population.

The Ram Mandir demands made by Zakat Foundation
The last demand states, “Appoint Equal Opportunity Commission at the centre and in the states as recommended by Sachar Committee.” The Sachar Committee had recommended thus, “It is a well accepted maxim in law that not only must justice be done but it must appear to be done. It is in that context that the Committee recommends that an Equal Opportunity Commission (EOC) should be constituted by the Government to look into the grievances of a deprived groups.”

With regards to the function of the EOC, a commission set up by the Ministry of Minority Affairs states, “Given its unique role in evidence-based advocacy on behalf of the discriminated and deprived groups, it is but natural that the EOC should be involved in research and dissemination of data on all forms of discrimination and denial of equal opportunities in every sector of public activity.”

It adds, “In the process, it has the difficult task of creation of indices to measure inequality or discrimination in different sectors of activity and of different sections of people. It is this capacity to collect, evaluate and disseminate hard data which gives the Commission the authority to intervene on behalf of the deprived and discriminated groups.”

The EOC ought to have a host of other functions along similar lines as well. In short, the purpose of the EOC is ‘social justice’ and quite clearly, the EOC begins with the assumption that certain groups are ‘victim groups’, that is, oppressed, while others are ‘aggressors’ or oppressors. Furthermore, since it is a recommendation made by the Sachar Committee, it appears that Muslims would be placed in the ‘victim’ section as well.

Thus, quite clearly, the Zakat Foundation wished to extract great unfair concessions from the Hindu Community in return for the Ram Mandir. Their intention was explicitly to coerce Hindus into making grave concessions playing upon their attachment to Ram Janmabhoomi. They were aware of the significance that Ram Janmabhoomi had for Hindus and they wanted to use that opportunity to secure huge concessions for their community.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:17 am

A must-see 2-part series of the lecture by R V Subramani (RVS Mani) who was the highest ranking govt. official in the Control room while the 26-11 was happening. Deliberate slow downs, mis-steps, mess-ups and more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7YfRtx65hA

RVS Mani on whether the 26/11 was a fixed match between the ISI and the UPA

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:18 am

In Part 2, RVS Mani relates the saga of Col Purohit, Malegaon and Sadhvi Pragya and why justice is getting delayed. Some bureaucrats who are doing the bidding of the UPA are also outed. A must watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZWjChOIBMo

RVS Mani on Was 26 11 a fixed match between ISI and UPA Part 2

Aditya
Forum Moderator

Post by Aditya » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:49 pm

Another Bollywood angle is coming out in the SSR case. Page 3 parties have a big drug angle. Kangna and some other actors are regularly tweeting about that. Yesterday ED got some drug paddler also. He has told that lots of people involved in this circle. Bollywood Dark secret coming out now. People are demanding CBI inquiry for Divya Bharti, Jiha khan And Sridevi also.

You can see the video in link

https://twitter.com/the_akshaykalal/sta ... 44161?s=20

Aditya
Forum Moderator

Post by Aditya » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:02 pm

Television Ranking And Big Drama.

SSR case gave TRP to lots of channels. Aaj take was number 1 for last 18 years and now Arnbav Goswami's Republic network on number 1. He destroyed all records of TRP. Now some big journalist are criticizing Arnav Goswami saying that he is doing drama.But we all know that what they have did for TRP. First time Lutiyan Media is feeling insecure in India. Journalist like RAjdeep who said Afjal guru, Tahir hussain are innocent are trying to prove reha as a innocent victim. We have to wait and see that how long it will go , But definitely it will come out with something exclusive.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:14 am

Reawakening Of Pagan India And The Challenge It Can Pose To Abrahamic Worldviews: Part I

https://swarajyamag.com/politics/reawak ... ews-part-i

Reawakening Of Pagan India And The Challenge It Can Pose To Abrahamic Worldviews: Part II

https://swarajyamag.com/politics/reawak ... ws-part-ii

Reawakening Of Pagan India And The Challenge It Can Pose To Abrahamic Worldviews: Part III

https://swarajyamag.com/politics/reawak ... s-part-iii

I thought to post here a fantastic set of articles, that are really worthwhile reading. This concept of Abrahamic religion has really been a virus to the intellectual and personal form of worship that has existed for millennia. Unfortunately, Hindus are the only mass religion it seems to oppose such unilateral and sledgehammer thought. And that to without any really rational or spiritual guidance.
It is time that they really place some insight and research into the monstrosities and genocide that includes Christianity historically. Islam itself is a automatic inclusion. The genocide of Islamic invasion purely on India is overwhelmingly mind-boggling. Yet it is these kinds of historical facts that are never reported for fear of Islamic backlash.

Satyameva Jayate! The truth shall prevail. Even if it be centuries later. I hope in the next few months to start a new thread on the falsehood of Christianity. This starts from Roman times itself.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:51 pm

Justice V. Parthiban makes landmark observations, says ‘bursting of crackers is an integral part of Diwali festival’:Read details

parts of the learned judges verdict reads as below.

It would be appropriate to extract the relevant portion of this 30-page, 24-para order dated 05/09/2020, made in A.Balaji v. The Chairman, TN Uniformed Services Recruitment Board, Chennai, to communicate the lovely message from a Constitutional Court, which is long overdue, with regard to the bursting of crackers during Diwali – which is seemingly an offence under Section 285, IPC, even when it is meant to be in celebration of the festival in the most harmless way, with no intent whatsoever to endanger human life or cause hurt or injury to any person.

‘The broad contours of the above Section ( 285 IPC) may appear to be having criminal element, nevertheless, this Court cannot shut its eyes to the facts of this case which attracted the mischief of the above provision. Mere bursting of crackers by an individual that too during festival time, can be termed as a criminal offence at all, is for the competent Court to decide. However, for the purpose of the issues on hand, can the incident land the petitioner in an irretrievable situation, wherein he is debarred from seeking recruitment to the Police Force by applying the so-called strict standards of discipline and a high degree of integrity. In this regard, the submissions made by the learned Additional Advocate General may look attractive, apparently though. But the said submission pales into insignificance when the facts of this case are juxtaposed to the application of the Rule with the fossilized mindset of the jaded authority. It looks like, the Recruitment Board is only looking for candidates conforming to the Victorian standards of conduct and discipline. Such utopian expectation is a matter of pretentious and wishful idealism, divorced from mundane pragmatism. Bursting of crackers is an integral part of the Diwali festival, having its roots to a hoary and hallowed civilization unique to this land, and is celebrated by all age groups across the nation with great fervour and ardour. If the display of festive mood and exhilaration during the celebration would amount to attracting disqualification in the understanding of the authority, it only exposes his hollowness and in that view of the matter, the rejection is nothing but a caricaturing of fair play in administrative action.’
The Hon’ble Supreme Court has succinctly observed in paragraph 37 in the above-referred decision, that McCarthyism ought not to be adopted by the authority in the exercise of the power. Therefore, the suppression per se is not to be treated as a criminal intent to withhold information and authorities are expected to draw a significant line as to when the suppression is material and when the same is immaterial in the larger perspective of things, as outlined by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India. The authority is not expected to be very officious and wooden in his approach when the fundamental right of the petitioner is involved in seeking an opportunity for employment in public service. Adopting an unwanted sanctimonious approach in the present consideration, in the opinion of this Court, is nothing but a display of poor sagacity by the officialdom. Therefore, as reasoned by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, there has to be a proper reconciliation of various factors without being pigeonholed into a stereo-typed and cliched discharge of the discretion. On the other hand, the exercise of power, in the given circumstances, reflecting a larger understanding of the contemporary contextual social-mores would enhance the prestige of the good governance, in securing the ends of its objectivity.
Once, admittedly, the competent authority is clothed with the ultimate responsibility of assessing the suitability of the candidates, when such responsibility is discharged in a particular manner to the detriment of the candidates, the onus shifts on this Court to review the decision taken by the authority, on the touchstone of fair play and good conscience. So much so this Court, while undertaking such review of the impugned action of the fourth respondent, primarily finds that the impugned decision is the result of the callous and apathetic application of the Rule as mentioned in the impugned order in so far as the case on hand is concerned. Sticking to the rigours of the letter of the Rule than to the spirit of the Regulation for which it was intended and enacted is a poor reflection of tunnel vision of officious disposition.
This Court is conscious of, of course, the objective of the relevant Rule is intended to weed out the elements with criminal antecedents, involved in serious criminal offences, to protect the Police Force from infiltration of such creepy elements. The intention apart, in the matter of implementation of the Rule in the given situation, the authority expected to act wisely and judiciously. The authority cannot blindfold himself and implement the Rule unmindful of the fact situation, allowing the vice of arbitrariness to take precedence in the decision-making process, exposing the eventual decision to judicial interference. The authority notwithstanding the Rule is empowered to assess the suitability of the candidate concerned, in a given situation, in furtherance of the spirit of the Rule and such discretion cannot be discharged uniformly across the Board, although the Rules are meant to be applied uniformly to all persons, the uniformity requirement in the decision making the process of the authority is meant to be applied in homogeneous circumstances and not in respect of dissimilar situations across the spectrum as reasoned by the Hon’ble Supreme Court in the “Avtar Singh’s case (cited supra). It will be a travesty of justice if the authority who is invested with the power of deciding the suitability of the candidates embarks upon painting all the candidates with the same brush. Such exercise of power with mindless uniformity would only lead to a miscarriage of justice. The discretion so vested under the Rule and the leverage provided would then become inane and pointless.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:55 pm

Terry Milewski@CBCTerry·Sep 10

It's surprising that it's a surprise. Seems lots of people didn't know how Pakistani the Khalistani movement is. But where else could a fugitive Air India bomber, Talwinder Parmar, pose openly at a gun bazaar if not in Pakistan, near the Afghan border? https://macdonaldlaurier.ca/files/pdf/2 ... R_FWeb.pdf

'Khalistan: A Project of Pakistan' by @CBCTerry published by Macdonald-Laurier Institute @MLInstitute

"It’s clear who’s driving the Khalistan bus: Pakistan."

If you wish to learn more, please download and read the report 'Khalistan: A Project of Pakistan'...........Click Here

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:30 am

the mafia led by congis and the powerful peoples are the most affected by this bill. they have all been torn away from the mai-baap infrastructures that they had built and used to control and terrorize much of the rural agricultural votebanks.

effectively, with the RBI taking control of the coop banks and now this bill, these two parties majorly have had the political wind taken out of their sails and their hitherto ready access to black generated cash money very much reduced

no wonder pappu is celebrating Modi's birthday as "unemployment day". He is actually talking about himself being rendered unemployed by the wide spread impact of just these two measures taken by Modi who is taking down the congi edifice as well as the corrupt edifice many opposition parties, slowly and surely, brick by relentless brick. It is a revolt against the rotting edifice that corrupt men from the congis and other parties have built and milked dry over the decades.

RS next.
Aashish Chandorkar@c_aashish
Lok Sabha has passed the agriculture reform bills. Defanging APMCs, private participation in the buying process, market access to farmers colleagued w/ farm gate investment fund are radical reforms - biggest ever since Independence.

My article from May:
https://swarajyamag.com/economy/agri-re ... -the-parts

Aditya
Forum Moderator

Post by Aditya » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:36 am

Posting after a long time, This is all about Tahir Hussain, mastermind of Delhi riots. According to him riots were preplanned. He invited around 1000 Muslim people in Bhjanpura. He was planning it for last 2 months. Tahir Hussain is very close to Kejrival. May be in upcoming remands he can expose Kejrival also. According to sources Amantulla khan and Manish sisodia was well informed. AAP deputy CM Sisodia said on a debate that he fully support sheen Bagh. They started it from sheen Bagh, They was planning it to do in different areas. Amantulla khan was prepared for Jamia area. Tahir Hussain was for Khajuri,Bhajanpura,Mustafad etc. some more guys was planning in Sarita Vihar and appolo. I think CBI should takeover this case also because most of the AAP leaders were involved in it.

Aditya
Forum Moderator

Post by Aditya » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:08 am

Andhra Pradesh is becoming a new Kerala, They are attacking on Hindu Temples. last year there was many incidents when they break Hindu Idols. Government is funding for Churches and mosques. Full report you can see here

https://www.india-aware.com/latest/misc ... andi-idol/

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:31 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-vHUug ... e=youtu.be

हिंदुस्तान पर बॉलीवुड का प्रहार:- Col. RSN Singh

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:14 am

a manipulative "father" of the nation or a deluded stretcher bearer of the raj, a house negro whose loyalty to his colonial masters and muslim fundamentalist sepatatists has directly led to the deliberate charkhaziation of the Hindu society and kept us in enforced poverty since independence due to his wonky ideas of village self-rule and village republics both as institutions of parallel politics and as units of economic autonomy.

his slyly malicious insistence on ahimsa that was exclusively reserved and enforced only on the majority with every intention of cowing them down and psychologically preparing them to be subservient to the often violent dictates of the abrahamic invaders.

that, a madrassa chap illiterate like this foreign (mecca) born "maulana" abul kalam azad wound up as India's first education minister was a was a clear telegraphing of future intent by these very same abrahamic invaders who were cheered on by this "mahatma".

The malicious RTE act is a deliberate attempt to kill any attempt at Hindu civilizational revival and should be seen as the first step in the deliberate pursuit of cultural genocide instigated by the BIF and implemented by an unelected and unelectable body of communist thugs led by the fundamantalist eyetalian mafiosi famiglia.

the muslims and the britshits, now conveniently replaced by the commie & conversion brigades, controlled and manipulated the Hindus by the perifidous, treacherous and underhand influence over this one man just like the commies & conversion brigades and the muslims are doing even today while covertly supporting the violence prone naxals and all the while professing "gandhian" ideals.

the frequent references to "gandhi" by the jinnahwalli aazadi types among the shaheenbagh's seditious traitors did not and should not go unnoticed.

without this man, India would probably been freed of the yoke of foreign rule many years before 1947 with possibly disastrous consequences for the britshits on the eventual outcome of WWI

Mahatma Gandhi wanted the Union Jack on India’s national flag, said he will not salute it if Charkha is replaced by Ashoka Chakra

Mahatma Gandhi wanted the Union Jack on India’s national flag, said he will not salute it if Charkha is replaced by Ashoka Chakra

Mahatma Gandhi was anguished that India's Constituent Assembly rejected Lord Mountbatten's flag proposal which included Union Jack in the canton of India's tricolour flag

2 October, 2020
Jinit Jain

Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti: Gandhiji wanted the Union Jack on India’s national flag, said he will not salute it if Charkha is replaced by Ashoka Chakra

Mahatma Gandhi, Creative rendering of the India's flag he wanted

Today is the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, a day when the nation pays its tribute to the ‘father of the nation’. Although Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi led India’s non-violent independence movement, he didn’t join the government even though he was a leader of the Congress party. And just like he kept a distance from the government, he had also maintained a distance from the symbol of newly independent India, the flag of the nation.

The design for the tricolour was unanimously accepted by the constituent assembly on July 22, 1947, days before India attained its Independence from the British, during a meeting held by the Constituent Assembly comprising of eminent personalities such as Rajendra Prasad and including Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, Sarojini Naidu, C. Rajagopalachari, K. M. Munshi and B. R. Ambedkar.

The flag is based on the Swaraj flag, a flag of the Indian National Congress designed by Pingali Venkayya. The present Indian flag contains three equal strips of saffron, white and green, with a navy blue ‘Ashok Chakra’ with 24 spokes at the centre. The flag, presented by India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, in the constituent assembly on July 22, 1947, served as the national flag of the Dominion of India between 15 August 1947 and 26 January 1950 and has served as the flag of the Republic of India since then.

However, while India adopted tricolour with Ashok Chakra at the centre as its national flag, Mohandas Gandhiji was not pleased with the flag proposed by the Constituent Assembly. In one of the letters written by Gandhiji, which is published in “The collected works of Mahatma Gandhi”, the ‘Father of the Nation’ expressed his objection with the flag adopted by the Constituent Assembly. He was unhappy with the design due to two reasons, absence of the union jack, and replacing the charkha (spinning wheel) with the Ashoka Chakra.

Mahatma Gandhi supported the inclusion of Union Jack in the canton of the Indian tricolour

In his letter, Gandhiji conveyed his support for the flag proposed by the last British viceroy of India, Lord Mountbatten. The proposal of the flag presented by the Governor-General Louis Mountbatten in 1947 included the flag of the Congress but with a Union Jack in the canton. However, the flag was rejected by Jawaharlal Nehru, claiming that Congress’ nationalist members would see the inclusion of the Union Jack as being overly deferential to the British.

Indian Flag proposed by Lord Mountbatten

In his letter, Gandhiji defended the inclusion of the Union Jack canton in India’s national flag. Gandhiji contended that though British might have inflicted harm on the Indians, it was not done by their flag. Extolling the British for “voluntarily withdrawing from India” and urging Indians to take note of virtues of the British, he made the case for the adoption of the flag proposed by Lord Mountbatten.

Relevant sections from Mahatma Gandhi’s letter
“But what is wrong with having the Union Jack in a corner of our flag? If harm has been done to us by the British, it has not been done by their flag and we must also take note of the virtues of the British. They are voluntarily withdrawing from India, leaving power in our hands,” said Mahatma Gandhi lamenting over the rejection of the Union Jack in India’s national flag.

Gandhi lamented India could not show “generosity and friendship”
Gandhi further added, “We are having Lord Mountbatten as our chief gate-keeper. So long he has been the servant of the British King. Now, he is to be our servant. If while we employed him as our servant, we also had the Union Jack in a corner of our flag, there would be no betrayal of India in this.”

Relevant sections from Mahatma Gandhi’s letter
Gandhi further added in his letter that he was pained to see Congress leaders not extending the “generosity and friendship” to the British. “If I had the power that I once had, I would have taken people to task for it. After all, why should we give up our humanity,” said Gandhi while expressing her angst over Constituent Assembly’s dismissal of incorporating the symbol of Union Jack in India’s national flag.

Gandhi said he would not salute the flag without the Charkha
Mahatma Gandhi had prefered the flag that the Congress party had adopted in 1931, with the saffron, white and green stripes and the blue charkha in the middle on the white strip. He wanted the same flag to be adopted by independent India with the Union Jack. Therefore, when the proposals were made to replace the charkha with the Ashoka Chakra came, he was so unhappy that he had declared that he will refuse to salute the flag.

In a statement made in Lahore on 6 August 1947, Gandhi said, “I must say that, if the Flag of the Indian Union will not embody the emblem of the Charkha, I will refuse to salute that flag. You know the National Flag of India was first thought of by me, and I cannot conceive of India’s National Flag without the emblem of the Charkha”.

This quote can be found in volume 96 of the Collected Works of Mahatma Gandhi. Jawaharlal Nehru had tried to convince him saying that the design change is not significant, and the chakra in the new National Flag symbolizes the charkha also. Rejecting the argument that the chakra represents the Sudarshan Chakra also, Gandhiji has said, “Some describe the wheel-mark as Sudarshan Chakra, but I know what Sudarshan Chakra means.”

He had also written in Harijanbandhu, “Nothing would have lost if our councillors had never thought of interfering with the design of the original flag.” Rejecting the selection of the Chakra on artistic reasons, he wrote, “I will refuse to salute the flag that is modified on the above lines however artistic it may appear” (chapter 222 in volume 96 of the Collected Works of Mahatma Gandhi).

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:00 am

ANI@ANI·Oct 8

#WATCH: Dus din mein karz maaf, 15 minute mein China saaf, main toh us guru ko naman kar raha hoon jisne inko padhaya hai. Itni achhi quality ka ye nasha laate kahan se hain?: Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Narottam Mishra on Rahul Gandhi's remark

WATCH: Dus din mein karz maaf, 15 minute mein China saaf

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:04 am

Watch: The 1948 Calcutta Maidan speech of Sardar Patel that busts the myth of ‘Muslims chose India’ and is relevant even today

Watch: The 1948 Calcutta Maidan speech of Sardar Patel that busts the myth of ‘Muslims chose India’ and is relevant even today

While it has now become almost unforgivable to question the core tenet of Nehruvian Secularism, the political stalwarts of the Independence era were well aware that Muslims had not chosen to remain in India because they rejected the philosophy of an Islamic State.

11 October, 2020
OpIndia Staff

Sardar Patel Calcutta Maidan Spech busts the myth of Ganga Jamuni Tehzeeb

‘Myth-making’ is an intrinsic feature of the establishment of any Republic. In order to legitimise its existence and its hold over power, the ruling establishment of every country creates certain myths that helps it further entrench itself in the corridors of power and justify its ideology. A similar phenomenon has also been observed with the establishment of the Nehruvian Secular state in in India with its ideology of ‘Ganga-Jamuni Tehzeeb’.

One of the core tenets of the ideology of ‘Ganga-Jamuni Tehzeeb’ is that Indian Muslims in 1947 chose ‘secular India’ over the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and consequently, all manners of minority appeasement is justified and whitewashing of Islamic radicalism is encouraged and even glorified. This obvious lie has permitted radical Islamic leaders such Asaduddin Owaisi, whose brother is often found threatening Hindus with violence, to walk away with atrocious demands by asserting that they ‘chose’ India over Pakistan.

While it has now become almost unforgivable to question the core tenet of Nehruvian Secularism, the political stalwarts of the Independence era were well aware that Muslims had not chosen to remain in India because they rejected the philosophy of an Islamic State. Sardar Patel, in his iconic speech in Kolkata in January 1948, gave voice to sentiments that would appal our ‘secular’ leaders to day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40aannaRcUI

Sardar Patel speech from Calcutta Maidan, 3rd January, 1948

Sardar Patel said, “The Muslims who are still in India, many of them helped in the creation of Pakistan… Has their nation changed overnight? I don’t understand how it changed so much. They now say that they are loyal and ask why their loyalty is being questioned. So I reply why are you questioning us, ask yourself. This is not something you should ask us.”

“I said one thing, you created Pakistan, good for you. They say that Pakistan and India should come together. I say please refrain from saying such things. Let Pakistan become heaven itself, we will enjoy the cool breeze coming from it (audience breaks out into raucous laughter),” he continued. It wasn’t the only time that Sardar Patel would speak of Indian Muslims having loyalties towards Pakistan.

In his letter to G.B.Pant, the then Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, on the 9th of January 1950, days after Murthis of Ram Lalla and Mata Sita had magically manifested themselves within the Babri Masjid, Sardar Patel wrote among other things, “The prime minister has already sent to you a telegram expressing his concern over the developments in Ayodhya. I spoke to you about it in Lucknow. I feel that the controversy has been raised at a most inopportune time both from the point of view of the country at large and of your own province in particular. The wider communal issues have only been recently resolved to the mutual satisfaction of the various communities. So far as Muslims are concerned, they are just settling down to their new loyalties.”

The hallowed myth has also been coming apart as the edifice of Nehruvian Secularism is crumbling apart after six years of Narendra Modi as the Prime Minister of the country. Sharjeel Imam, a beloved ‘intellectual’ of the Left accused of playing a pivotal role in the violence that erupted in the national capital in the aftermath of the passage of the Citizenship Amendment Act, has written and spoken extensively on the matter.

Sharjeel Imam believes Mohammed Ali Jinnah, the creator of Pakistan, to be an Indian leader and said that there are lots of lessons Indian Muslims could learn from him. According to him, Jinnah was an Indian Muslim leader fighting against the forces of Hindu revivalism. Most significantly, however, he said that Muslims did not choose India due to ideals of ‘secularism’. He said that Muslims remained in India due to their property and other reasons.

Thus, from Sardar Patel’s own words and those of an Islamist hailed as an ‘intellectual’ by the Indian Left, it is clear that ‘Muslims chose secular India over Islamic Pakistan’ is an enduring myth of the ideology of ‘Ganga-Jamuni Tehzeeb’ of the Nehruvian Secular State.
However, this myth, along with many others, is destined for the dustbins of history.