The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
chetak
Forum Moderator

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

Post by chetak » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:37 am

Haldiram wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:22 am
chetak wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:02 am
(italian catholic mother and parsi/muslim father) wear??

So according to you Indira Priyadarshini was muslim??????
who was feroze?? parsi or muslim??

just one of the many answers out there. choose.

either way, there is no Hindu in the next generation. Its either catholic or parsi or muslim.

So, no gotra, no janeu dhari brahmin, no shivbhakth.

who knows, truly?? do you??

Does the husband of Indira Gandhi, Feroz is a Khan or Gandhi?
9 Answers
Dr.Kshitij Jain
Dr.Kshitij Jain, studied at Aakash Institute
Answered Jan 2 2018
Jawaharlal Nehru was the first prime minister of modern India, and he ruled the country from 1947 to 1964. He was born on 14th November 1889, to Motilal and Swarup Rani Nehru. The family belonged to a Kashmiri Brahmin tribe called ‘Pandit’.
Indira Gandhi, daughter of Jawaharlal Nehru, became prime minister of India in 1966. Mrs. Gandhi was born on November 19, 1917 to Jawaharlal and Kamala Nehru. She was named Indira Priyadarshini Nehru. She fell in love and decided to marry Feroze Khan, a family friend.
Feroze Khan’s father, Nawab Khan, was a Muslim, and mother was a Persian Muslim. Jawaharlal Nehru did not approve of the inter-caste marriage for political reasons (seehttp://www.asiasource.org/ society/indiragandhi.cfm). If Indira Nehru were to marry a Muslim she would loose the possibility of becoming the heir to the future Nehru dynasty.
At this juncture according to one story, Mahatma Gandhi reveaned and adopted feroze khan gave him his last name and got the name of feroze khan changed to Feroze Gandhi by an affidavit in England. Thus Feroze khan became Feroze gandhi. The proposal was accepted to Nehru due to political reasons.
Indira Nehru married Feroze (Khan) Gandhi in 1942 and became Indira Gandhi, which helped her politically as daughter of Nehru (the first Prime Minister of the Indian Union) and daughter–in-law of Gandhi (the father of the nation) securing her place in the future Nehru-Gandhi dynasty (based on swordoftruth.com).
Another story is that Feroz had a Parsi father whose surname was "GHANDI" not "GANDHI". In 1930, Feroze changed the spelling of surname from Ghandy to Gandhi.That was made clear by an advertisement in a major English newspaper of Allahabad. It was Mahatma Gandhi who suggested to Nehru that Feroze's surname be spelt as "GANDHI" instead of the original "GHANDI".

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:43 am

chetak wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:37 am
Haldiram wrote:
chetak wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:02 am
(italian catholic mother and parsi/muslim father) wear??

either way, there is no Hindu in the next generation. Its either catholic or parsi or muslim.

Feroze Feroze Jehangir Ghandy was parsi, is established fact since his mother, father, brother and sisters were all parsis.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feroze_Gandhi

The rest of the debate about gotra etc. I find it nonsensical.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:06 am

Haldiram wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:43 am
chetak wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:37 am
Haldiram wrote:

Feroze Feroze Jehangir Ghandy was parsi, is established fact since his mother, father, brother and sisters were all parsis.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feroze_Gandhi

The rest of the debate about gotra etc. I find it nonsensical.
my point exactly.

pappu is no Hindu, so no gotra, no janeu dhari brahmin, no shivbhakth.

He is the one who is very publicly and fraudulently claiming all those "nonsensical" things when he has no religious, social or even cultural basis for doing so.

its all psyops for votes and fooling the aam jantha.

would you vote for such a dishonest guy or his dishonest party, run almost exclusively by greedy minorities and inimical offshore interests but using the false facade of Hindu interests to fool gullible Indians??

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:35 am

this rabid minority snake, in his desperate hunt for a parliamentary seat has finally taken this step.

I hope that he does not get a ticket from the BJP. He was among the most foul mouthed abusers of the BJP/RSS when he was a congi spokie.

Disgruntled by the Congress’ response after the 14 February Pulwama attack, the party’s national spokesperson and Sonia Gandhi’s aide Tom Vadakkan joined the Bharatiya Janata Party on Thursday.

Vadakkan joined the BJP in the presence of Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad ahead of the Lok Sabha election to be held in April-May.“At a time like this, it is not right to engage in such commentary,” he said, adding that he is “hurt by Congress’s anti-national stand”.

Senior leader Tom Vadakkan joins BJP; hurt by dynasty politics Congress anti-national stand on Pulwama attack
Tom Vadakkan addressed the media after joining the BJP on 14 March. ANI

Vadakkan said dynasty politics reached a 'zenith' in the Congress. “I gave the Congress 20 years of my prime. The dynasty politics have reached a zenith and no one knows the power centres and whom to answer to. There is a use-and-throw phenomenon, which is not acceptable for workers,” he told mediapersons in New Delhi.

The senior leader from Kerala thanked the BJP for accepting him into the party fold and said he is influenced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s efforts to change the narrative around development. “A narrative that brings the world’s attention to India is more important than any elections,” he said.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:53 am

chetak wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:35 am
this rabid minority snake, in his desperate hunt for a parliamentary seat has finally taken this step.

I hope that he does not get a ticket from the BJP. He was among the most foul mouthed abusers of the BJP/RSS when he was a congi spokie.
Disgruntled by the Congress’ response after the 14 February Pulwama attack, the party’s national spokesperson and Sonia Gandhi’s aide Tom Vadakkan joined the Bharatiya Janata Party on Thursday.

Vadakkan joined the BJP in the presence of Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad ahead of the Lok Sabha election to be held in April-May.“At a time like this, it is not right to engage in such commentary,” he said, adding that he is “hurt by Congress’s anti-national stand”.

In politics all is fair. Granted this guy is a viper, but one never knows. Sometimes it may help the overall cause, as with Himanta Da, who of course was never as vile a critic of the BJP as this snake might have been. Far worse is having people like Shourie and the two Sinhas who work like termites, undermining the party from within. I just hope they do not fall over themselves and give him a portfolio later on.

Spokespersons who come on TV have an assigned task, to hammer the same point repeatedly and if they have nothing relevant to say, to keep interrupting the other speaker so that nothing he says can be heard. They are paid to be what they are and to say what they do. Pankhuri Pathak is one classic example - a bimbo who was selling her 'cute face' as an SP spokie, then resigned when she was dropped from the panelist selection claiming she was 'suffocating' in the ideology of the party that she had previously supported for 8 yrs. She vowed to not join another political party but then went over to the Congoons and is now spouting the same anti-BJP nonsense on TV. These are mercenaries who sell themselves to the highest bidder without any convictions of their own. There are very few who are really committed to the core ideology of any party and fewer still who have the best interest of the nation at heart.

As an aside, I've often wondered what some of them do as a regular job? It seems to me that they all get paid to appear on these 'debates' and some do more than one on any given day, depending upon what is hot in the news. Some seem to be very grateful and happy to be 'invited' to participate and the lesser channels of course have the lower level people on their shows.

How much do these people get paid? Does anyone know?

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:22 pm

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:24 pm

watch video

twitter
Old man at Amethi : Road has not been built properly

Priyanka : That’s because we have to give 40 rupees out of 100 to everyone, go tell this to every villager.

I told u she has been installed in Congress so that Rahul looks less dumb.

https://twitter.com/Gujju_Er/status/1106139838992936960

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:26 pm

Primus wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:53 am
chetak wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:35 am

In politics all is fair. Granted this guy is a viper, but one never knows. Sometimes it may help the overall cause, as with Himanta Da, who of course was never as vile a critic of the BJP as this snake might have been. Far worse is having people like Shourie and the two Sinhas who work like termites, undermining the party from within. I just hope they do not fall over themselves and give him a portfolio later on.

Spokespersons who come on TV have an assigned task, to hammer the same point repeatedly and if they have nothing relevant to say, to keep interrupting the other speaker so that nothing he says can be heard. They are paid to be what they are and to say what they do. Pankhuri Pathak is one classic example - a bimbo who was selling her 'cute face' as an SP spokie, then resigned when she was dropped from the panelist selection claiming she was 'suffocating' in the ideology of the party that she had previously supported for 8 yrs. She vowed to not join another political party but then went over to the Congoons and is now spouting the same anti-BJP nonsense on TV. These are mercenaries who sell themselves to the highest bidder without any convictions of their own. There are very few who are really committed to the core ideology of any party and fewer still who have the best interest of the nation at heart.

As an aside, I've often wondered what some of them do as a regular job? It seems to me that they all get paid to appear on these 'debates' and some do more than one on any given day, depending upon what is hot in the news. Some seem to be very grateful and happy to be 'invited' to participate and the lesser channels of course have the lower level people on their shows.

spokies of political parties get paid nothing by any TV channel.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:51 pm

Out of all, Tom Vadakkan? That dhakkan!? Everytime he was in debate, I despised him and his arguments. Unbelievable that BJP admitted him

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:21 pm

shravanp wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:51 pm
Out of all, Tom Vadakkan? That dhakkan!? Everytime he was in debate, I despised him and his arguments. Unbelievable that BJP admitted him
admitting him makes a strong point and pisses off a whole lot of padres and padre lovers.

For long years, he begged and begged the padres to get him into parliament on a congi ticket and guess that they didn't come through, the scumbag that he is.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:53 pm

chetak wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:26 pm
Primus wrote:

Good to know, I thought as much, they are obviously paid by their own political parties. However, I think the others on the show - 'independent' people like army generals, 'varishth patrakars' (funny how everyone is a respected and varishth person on these shows), various 'vicharaks' and sadhus are probably paid - there is no way an otherwise gainfully employed person would waste his time on these useless debates.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:23 pm

Vikas wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:52 am
Unemployment is an issue but when was it not an issue. When was India teeming with jobs and opportunities. It is just that now youngsters have more aspirations. As I read somewhere by AS, If we are building thousands of KM's of roads, doubling rail tracks, electrifying last mile, bringing more people under ujjawala scheme , increasing tourist footfall, giving away Mudra loan, It must be creating jobs somewhere.
We aren't becoming 6th largest economy from 11th or 12th without jobs.
The only time I remember when India was bountiful with jobs was from around 1997 to about 2010 when the Y2K rush started and companies would go to campuses and hire in truckloads. I was in the US but all we heard was how awesome it was in India and how people got 50% raises and promotions every 6 months.

I think a lot of it was true, and there was a reason for that and it has nothing to do with India. India was just at the right place at the right time and that is luck, but unfortunately subsequent Govts got arrogant and did not do anything to plan for when the gravy train of IT outsourcing left the station.

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:25 pm

Primus wrote:
Far worse is having people like Shourie and the two Sinhas who work like termites, undermining the party from within.
Shourie was out of the party in 2015 after he first criticized Modi and dubbed BJP as Congress+Cow. His party membership was allowed to "lapse" after he "failed" to pay the membership fee in a timely manner or something like that.

Yashwant Sinha quit the party in March 2018, not long after he went critical of Modi.

Only Shatrughan Sinha is still in the party.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:53 pm

Primus wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:53 pm
chetak wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:26 pm
Primus wrote:

Good to know, I thought as much, they are obviously paid by their own political parties. However, I think the others on the show - 'independent' people like army generals, 'varishth patrakars' (funny how everyone is a respected and varishth person on these shows), various 'vicharaks' and sadhus are probably paid - there is no way an otherwise gainfully employed person would waste his time on these useless debates.
normal run of the mill guys /bimbos like saba naqvi on tv debates get paid 5-10,000 per appearance with a majority of them being paid closer to 5K.

defence analysts/experts get between 12-15K per appearance as do the "economists and others who get closer to 10K

Top generals get about 20K and there are only a small handful of them. Taxi fare to and fro for all as applicable. In many cases, the OB van goes to the houses of some of these guys.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:55 pm

Haldiram wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:25 pm
Primus wrote:
Far worse is having people like Shourie and the two Sinhas who work like termites, undermining the party from within.
Shourie was out of the party in 2015 after he first criticized Modi and dubbed BJP as Congress+Cow. His party membership was allowed to "lapse" after he "failed" to pay the membership fee in a timely manner or something like that.

Yashwant Sinha quit the party in March 2018, not long after he went critical of Modi.

this guy is joining the congis and is going to contest from patna sahib per latest gossip

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:14 pm

KJo wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:23 pm
Vikas wrote:
Unemployment is an issue but when was it not an issue. When was India teeming with jobs and opportunities. It is just that now youngsters have more aspirations. As I read somewhere by AS, If we are building thousands of KM's of roads, doubling rail tracks, electrifying last mile, bringing more people under ujjawala scheme , increasing tourist footfall, giving away Mudra loan, It must be creating jobs somewhere.
The only time I remember when India was bountiful with jobs was from around 1997 to about 2010 when the Y2K rush started and companies would go to campuses and hire in truckloads. I was in the US but all we heard was how awesome it was in India and how people got 50% raises and promotions every 6 months.

I think a lot of it was true, and there was a reason for that and it has nothing to do with India. India was just at the right place at the right time and that is luck, but unfortunately subsequent Govts got arrogant and did not do anything to plan for when the gravy train of IT outsourcing left the station.
KJo, In the overall scheme of things, IT jobs were and still are a drop in the ocean. Just that they got more hype and eyeballs due to salary jumps, hiring in thousands by top 4-5 companies and ofcourse all famous Onsite trips/H1-B. I too am a product of same drop in the ocean. But to say that employment situation is dire today and somehow it was wonderful earlier is stretching the truth too far.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:20 pm

chetak wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:55 pm
Haldiram wrote:
Primus wrote:
this guy is joining the congis and is going to contest from patna sahib per latest gossip
Never understood this. People have problem working with AS and NM as almost equals but have no problem falling in the feet of Gandhi Parivaar and be the outsiders at 10 Janpath.
Look at Sidhu or HDK or even Hardik Patel.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:43 pm

Vikas wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:14 pm
KJo wrote:
Vikas wrote:

KJo, In the overall scheme of things, IT jobs were and still are a drop in the ocean. Just that they got more hype and eyeballs due to salary jumps, hiring in thousands by top 4-5 companies and ofcourse all famous Onsite trips/H1-B. I too am a product of same drop in the ocean. But to say that employment situation is dire today and somehow it was wonderful earlier is stretching the truth too far.
It's not just IT, but it was a chain of events. IT money caused a lot of disposable income so people started to buy stuff they didn't earlier. That caused industries around to come up and be profitable. Many many more restaurants mean more jobs for all classes of people. So it would be myopic to say "just IT jobs" because of the cascading effect.

Then of course Modi put brakes on corruption and black money. That killed the fake housing market in India and make it a real market rather than a balloon. I predicted this right in 2016 and talked about it even earlier on BRF. Everyone I talked to owned several posh apartments so what changed? Now I don't hear of people buying apartments like they did pre-Modi. So even though it may look bad, it is good for the long term economy.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:39 pm

Vikas wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:20 pm
Never understood this. People have problem working with AS and NM as almost equals but have no problem falling in the feet of Gandhi Parivaar and be the outsiders at 10 Janpath.
Look at Sidhu or HDK or even Hardik Patel.
Not too hard to under$$$tand, is it?

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:42 pm

chetak wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:21 pm
im makes a strong point and pisses off a whole lot of padres and padre lovers.

For long years, he begged and begged the padres to get him into parliament on a congi ticket and guess that they didn't come through, the scumbag that he is.
He can be fielded in a Christian-heavy Kerala constituency which BJP was not going to win anyway. If he wins, that is a bonus. If he loses, that is a bigger bonus. Mean-e-while, he can broadcast a "BJP is not communal" message everywhere.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:01 pm

KJo wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:43 pm
Vikas wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:14 pm
KJo wrote:

It's not just IT, but it was a chain of events. IT money caused a lot of disposable income so people started to buy stuff they didn't earlier. That caused industries around to come up and be profitable. Many many more restaurants mean more jobs for all classes of people. So it would be myopic to say "just IT jobs" because of the cascading effect.

Then of course Modi put brakes on corruption and black money. That killed the fake housing market in India and make it a real market rather than a balloon. I predicted this right in 2016 and talked about it even earlier on BRF. Everyone I talked to owned several posh apartments so what changed? Now I don't hear of people buying apartments like they did pre-Modi. So even though it may look bad, it is good for the long term economy.

On my FB pages, I have many desh contacts from my childhood friends etc...some of them, especially ladies, they quit their fulltime and have started business of their own. Someone's in flower sales, cake/pastries etc....and they seem to do good. There are takers, buyers and hence they are few years into it and doing well. Another cousin of mine is planning to grow aloe vera farming. Of course, in any such kind of endeavors there's always a risk of failure but that doesn't stop folks from doing 'khud ka dhanda'. These kind of avenues were unheard of, back in early 90s. Forget 80s. It was perpetual recession phase in India before that. I feel that despite of all media crying their lungs out "where are the job" are pointless whining. There wasn't a green pasture before either.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:35 pm

Everyone other than his fanbois know that Pappu is a fool. They still harp on Modi's supposed promise to put Rs 15 lakh in every citizen's account. Bottle said it just a day ago at a rally.

There are always business cycles that no neta can control. We live in a globalized world, and are susceptible to risk from international markets. Everything is connected, mere bhai! So Pappu going on and lack of jobs is just what he needs to do to have a sliver of a chance. He has nothing going for him right now.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:42 pm

Haldiram wrote:
Primus wrote:

I was a huge fan of Arun Shourie, have read all his books. Sadly, his ego got the better of him, how the mighty have fallen. Cannot believe somebody who was such a critic of the Cong Ecosystem and what they did to the nation for all those years suddenly turns around and becomes their ideological partner.

The others have become bitter because in the AS led BJP they found themselves without an office or a portfolio, in this sense, I feel that ABV for all his statesmanship failed to weed out the parasites within. Perhaps he had no other options, not having the mandate Modi received, although I think even if he had, he was too soft on certain issues.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:24 pm

shravanp wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:01 pm

On my FB pages, I have many desh contacts from my childhood friends etc...some of them, especially ladies, they quit their fulltime and have started business of their own. Someone's in flower sales, cake/pastries etc....and they seem to do good. There are takers, buyers and hence they are few years into it and doing well. Another cousin of mine is planning to grow aloe vera farming. Of course, in any such kind of endeavors there's always a risk of failure but that doesn't stop folks from doing 'khud ka dhanda'. These kind of avenues were unheard of, back in early 90s. Forget 80s. It was perpetual recession phase in India before that. I feel that despite of all media crying their lungs out "where are the job" are pointless whining. There wasn't a green pasture before either.
I just returned from a trip to India. The place is hopping, with people doing much better overall than they have in the past. I saw all shops are doing brisk business. Even in a small village outside of Delhi (all of this is now part of NCR), there are shops selling brands of alcohol no different from suburban New York. The local restaurants had people lined up waiting for over an hour to get in.

There is certainly more 'khush-hali' as I see it. of course those of us who left India a long time ago are caught in a time-warp of sorts and India meanwhile has marched on. Every time I visit, I see increasing traffic and noise, yes, but I also see the average guy having a better lifestyle. People do seem to be eating better and certainly the 'middle class' and salaried people are way better off. A simple example: When I first left India, my father, a government employee at a high position could barely afford to pay my airfare to the UK. Now, my cousins working for the government can take 2-3 trips every year to the US to visit their daughter. Of course airfares have become much cheaper vs. cost of living, but even then the difference is considerable.

All the increase in construction of sorts must be providing ample jobs for the lower socio-economic sector too. I don't know how this can be tracked accurately.

As ShravanP has said, there is a lot of growth in the small business sector, I have seen people in my own family and friends setting up very successful businesses from home, mainly to do with home-decor, costume jewelry, make-up salons, event planning and what not. It is a healthy India in ways that was unimaginable even 20 yrs ago.

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:56 pm

Primus wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:24 pm
When I first left India, my father, a government employee at a high position could barely afford to pay my airfare to the UK. Now, my cousins working for the government can take 2-3 trips every year to the US to visit their daughter. Of course airfares have become much cheaper vs. cost of living, but even then the difference is considerable.
Agree with what you wrote.....the only comment that seemed a little woozy.... was about the govt employere being able to take 2-3 trips to the US every year! All govt salary, PA, DA, bonus etc. are paid by the taxpayer....so I would not put the above in the 'Indian economy is booming and here is proof' category. I know that govt pays for one annual trip to 'hometown' or something like that. And maybe they are within their rights to ask for trips to US be paid. (but 2-3 times a year to US...on a job paid by taxes....either he must be pretty high up AND getting free accommodation ...seems more generous that most private sector jobs. ). (I know Air India employees get free trips on AI flights once a year or something like that) Other things....I am with you on that.