The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
KarthikSan
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by KarthikSan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:45 am

What is up with Gadkari? Why is he making such statements? A rumor I heard from an RSS type was that Nagpur wants to promote NG as PM for 2019 because they think NM has gotten too big for his britches. Is this true?

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:04 am

Gus wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:14 am
Once you cross some lines...then it becomes an addiction

In TN , singer chinmayi has accused lyricist vairamuthu of groping. I believe her. TN media is slow to report and has picked it up after national media picked up.

On the other hand, somebody is using a lady prof Nirmala Devi to cook up a scandal of “supplying college girls to governor purohit”with no shred of credibility or proof. This gets mileage in TN media instead. Arresting of nakkeeran magazine editor gopalan is related to this story, as he was running salacious stuff on this and also reported that Nirmala is under threat blah blah and has confession where she names governor etc.
The filmi perks in KR, KA, AP, TL, TN are quite openly enforced and quid pro quo is very clearly understood.

There are powerful backchod guys who prey on the males too.

At least four to five KA chief ministers were very active bhakts of such a sleazy culture.

So what else is new??

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:31 am

KarthikSan wrote:What is up with Gadkari? Why is he making such statements? A rumor I heard from an RSS type was that Nagpur wants to promote NG as PM for 2019 because they think NM has gotten too big for his britches. Is this true?
What ever the RSS thinks, the Sangh Parivar's political face, the BJP is now having a good image mainly because of Modi. If they think that they can topple Modi (and A.Shah) and then some how get BJP to the victory stand again, I think that is just day dreaming. The Nagpur H.Q of RSS may try another trick (which would only work once), that is to do election campaign leveraging Modi's charisma and popularity, but then change the PM at the last minute (if they win). This cheap trick was actually adopted by CPI(M) when they made V.S Achuthanandan (a politician with clean image) as the main campaigner, and after victory clearly threw him away like a curry leaf. The North Kerala lobby clearly usurped the party and the government.
Supratik wrote:Most of the allegations if true suggests that MJ Akbar was an unprofessional man. They are alleging he had "sexual motives" using different anecdotes.
Also remember MJ Akbar is a turncoat. He left the Urban naxal, secular, leftist camp. So will be a traitor in their eyes. But he is a political lightweight and can easily be dumped if things get hot.
These kind of allegations are very tough to prove in a judicial court, that too years after the alleged incident. This is just a name & shame tactic which would work in a society which believes in gossipping and rumour mongering. Any ways M.J Akbar has been asked to cut short his Nigeria visit and "return to unit".

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:46 am

Before posting some crap from Ecosystem and asking “is this true” , please check if the full video or direct transcript.

Gadkari was talking in the context of MH elections. Nothing about Modi.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:14 am

Mean while...
"Outlandish," Tweets Karti Chidambaram As Assets Seized In India, Abroad . And off course this is a major blow to "secularism". :lol:.

kvjayan
BGR Newbie

Post by kvjayan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:24 am

Interestingly, almost all the incidents reported should have happened during the period when he was "secular".
KJo wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:06 pm
I think Modi needs to call an emergency meeting with MJ Akbar to discuss these.
If he is guilty then he should resign immediately.

I don't hear anything from the Govt on this.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:30 am

On Rafale looks like another story is out..
Papers Show Reliance Joint Venture 'Mandatory' For Rafale Deal: Report
The Mediapart article says the document shows a top Dassault official, Loik Segalen had explained to its staff on May 11, 2017, that the joint venture was a "trade-off", that was "imperative and mandatory" to win the Rafale deal.

Dassault Aviation, however, has denied the report and said it "has freely chosen to make a partnership with India's Reliance Group".

The French defence manufacturer said that on May 11, 2017, its Chief Operating Officer Loik Segalen informed the Central Works Council of the creation of the Dassault Reliance Aerospace Limited joint-venture "in order to fulfil some of the offsets commitment".

-----
Note the bolded part. That statement does not mean that Reliance had to be chosen to fulfil some of the offsets commitment. There was a need to fulfil the offsets commitment, and one of the ways for Dassault to achieve that was by partnering with an Indian company. And they chose Reliance (along with others like Mahindra etc.)

Triank
BGR Member

Post by Triank » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:05 am

Sachin wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:30 am
On Rafale looks like another story is out..
Papers Show Reliance Joint Venture 'Mandatory' For Rafale Deal: Report
The Mediapart article says the document shows a top Dassault official, Loik Segalen had explained to its staff on May 11, 2017, that the joint venture was a "trade-off", that was "imperative and mandatory" to win the Rafale deal.

Dassault Aviation, however, has denied the report and said it "has freely chosen to make a partnership with India's Reliance Group".

The French defence manufacturer said that on May 11, 2017, its Chief Operating Officer Loik Segalen informed the Central Works Council of the creation of the Dassault Reliance Aerospace Limited joint-venture "in order to fulfil some of the offsets commitment".

-----
Note the bolded part. That statement does not mean that Reliance had to be chosen to fulfil some of the offsets commitment. There was a need to fulfil the offsets commitment, and one of the ways for Dassault to achieve that was by partnering with an Indian company. And they chose Reliance (along with others like Mahindra etc.)
yes.
julien bouissou, the India correspondent of le monde has replied on twitter to those finding it 'explosive', that there is nothing explosive or new in it, and that dassault had informed the french trade unions back in may 2017 about the construction of a plant in Nagpur, with the explanation why it couldnt be built in france (due to the offset).

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:11 am

Gus wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:46 am
Before posting some crap from Ecosystem and asking “is this true” , please check if the full video or direct transcript.

Gadkari was talking in the context of MH elections. Nothing about Modi.
It still raises many interesting questions though. If they were not expecting to win, why did they break up the alliance with Shiv Sena? Did they even want to win?

The breaking of alliance with TDP Is bizzare...from both sides. Its as if TDP went out of its way to break the alliance when it has every thing to lose by the break up. Clearly, BJP was going to be a junior partner and it did not pose any threat to TDP In the near term.

BJP is getting 13% of the vote going alone in AP according to the opinion poll. TDP + BJP would have clinched it.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:38 am

CBN is a serial back stabber and not many would shed tears if he loses in AP. He must be brought down.
What stops BJP+Jagan to clinch the elections. After all 13% is a sizeable amount of votes to swing elections.
With Jagan, BJP gets a partner who will be more amenable and will have local ambitions only.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:52 am

twitter

Replying to @SitaramYechury

Todays 5th October petrol price in Kerala - 84.83

Petrol
Base price/ltr :- 38.97
Central tax :- 17.98
OilCompany :- 2.82
Dealer - 3.66
Total - 63.43

84.83 minus 63.43 = 21.4( Kerala share).

Who is lootting the people?

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:48 pm

It seems that Sabarimala protests have picked up.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:48 pm

twitter

Kerala govt. used distress relief fund to repay the loan of CPM MLA.

Dear NRI's when @CPIMKerala Ministers visit you in coming days please check with them whether is it the duty of public to fund CPM MLA's loan repayments?

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:09 pm

ANI Verified account @ANI Oct 3

There has been delay in delivery schedule in contracts already executed to HAL. There is a 3 yrs delay in delivery of Sukhoi-30, 6 years delay in Jaguar, 5 year delay in LCA, and 2 year delay in delivery of Mirage 2000 upgrade: Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Guys quick question about the colonial metoo counterfeit circus in India (BTW, at least one Lutyen woman, Tavleen Singh agrees with me that metoo copycats in India do not represent the issues that confront the vast majority of women in India). Has any western rag like NYT/WP/Economist/LeMonde/BBC etc picked this circus up 'praising' some of the Lutyen Bimbos saying shbaash beti? I know Burka Bibi squeals her low-IQ nonsense in the WP rag, but that doesn't count. I am talking about western honchos writing in their rags praising our Macaulite elites and subtly hinting that Hinduism is responsible for men's attitudes? If there is not much then the circus will die an even much faster death than the 1 month or so I gave it earlier.

On another note, I saw Congoons were jumping up in ecstasy on some Dassualt internal document showing that they had to go with Reliance. Even Tharoor tweeted that with thrill. Only to be busted a little when the very French journalist who actually wrote that piece said nothing sensational, it was something to do with French trade union issues :-).

vishvak
BGR Member

Post by vishvak » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:06 am

More worrying part, methinks, is that doobai ka cash replaced by western BS. How does it matter except that one BS racism is replaced by another BS racism - post USA becoming only superpower.

Like how in pakiland there is one trouble after another - Islam came and burnt university, then came more Islam; there was respite during Ranjit Singh times, then came the global British Empire, then mixture of British and Islam to divide motherland, then came US superpower, then more jihad from Afghan war, now the Chinese making inroads.

The American winter, or is it illuminati and what not, is prolly coming to Bollywood. The zombie apocalypse aftereffect of whole and sole one world superpower.

Someone with bollywood info may have seen American influence - and I obviously don't mean religious - for a while in one form or another.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:57 am

As much I agree with #Metoo, Timing of it makes me suspicious. Why such "winds" start blowing right before the elections.
Award-Wapasi, Feel threatened in India , Beef shows etc. etc.
Does it look odd that TD spoke about her horrible experience (out of nowhere after 10 years) and as if on cue, everyone started chiming in slowly building up the narrative starting with obvious culprits and slowly moving towards the final target.

This movement would fizzle out, the moment they accuse politicians which anyways would happen eventually.
This accusing people on SM without any proof to backup or sufficient number of women calling out the perp will simply make Men circle the wagon and crush even the genuine complaints.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:01 am

crams wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:41 pm
If there is not much then the circus will die an even much faster death than the 1 month or so I gave it earlier...
'This too shall pass' depending upon the election results. Nowadays I tie everything with elections especially when we have one every six months.
Right now some of us are outraged but also enjoying salacious details. Next would be men coming out with their own stories destroying reputations (remember the book by Nawazuddin which raised eyebrows).
Nope Sir, This is not going to end well.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:37 am

If congress has any shame, this should shut it up but alas...

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... s&from=mdr

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:33 am

Rafale offsets

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:55 am

Abhijit Iyer-Mitra @Iyervval

The ENTIRE price escalation (300%) of the Rafale happened during the UPA.
126 planes cost

in Jan 2012 10.4 billion https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/dassaul ... ces-571309

in April 2013 15 billion (50% escalation) https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/governm ... ugh-518850

in Jan 2014 28-30 Billion (300% escalation) http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-dn ... ty-1957107

2:51 AM - 7 Feb 2018

Narasimha
BGR Newbie

Post by Narasimha » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:47 pm

KarthikSan wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:45 am
What is up with Gadkari? Why is he making such statements? A rumor I heard from an RSS type was that Nagpur wants to promote NG as PM for 2019 because they think NM has gotten too big for his britches. Is this true?

Clever misquote that was later retracted. What he said(In Marathi) was - do not make empty promises that cannot be carried out for eg toll free roads etc) That was quickly turned around into- make empty promises that cannot be carried out !!

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:53 pm

Vikas wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:01 am

'This too shall pass' depending upon the election results. Nowadays I tie everything with elections especially when we have one every six months.

For the most part I agree that a lot of moralistic shenanigans against BJP are usually tied to elections, but in this case, I wouldn't say thats the only factor. I don't know the genesis of this whole natak, but it started with TD accusing NP after so many years and that too after apparently coming to India on vacation. What triggered that I don't know.Now its an avalanche with Indian Bimbos tying their movement to what white chics are doing in US (note, how a self respecting proud country like France gave the middle finger to 'metoo' crap, with French elite women if I recall correctly mocking the hypocrisy of many women using their sex appeal to gain favors and then whining). So as I say above it all depends on how much interest the white sistas take of our Bimbos' theatrics. If they treat this like they do India and Paaaakistaaan when it comes to terror, meaning, two naughty boys fighting each other even as India would like US to consider it on par with west when it comes to terror, this counterfeit 'metoo' movement will dissipate very quickly.

Anyway, like you said even I am enjoying the salacious details on the harassment cases involving Lutyen gangsters. Latest I read is that sanctimonious prik Suhel Seth being accused of some pretty nasty conduct. Lets enjoy it while it lasts. Finally, I don't think M.J.Akbar should resign just because a bunch of self appointed women's rights activist Bimbos want him to.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:33 pm

Footage from Communist Party event in Kerala in support of woman entry to Sannidhanam. Even the ladies present in the event admit that they don't support woman entry to Sannidhanam. Then what's left parties in Kerala behind? I smell a conspiracy from lefts in this
#SaveSabarimala

https://twitter.com/chaithanyanooji/sta ... 5592285184

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:36 pm

crams wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:53 pm
Vikas wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:01 am

For the most part I agree that a lot of moralistic shenanigans against BJP are usually tied to elections, but in this case, I wouldn't say thats the only factor. I don't know the genesis of this whole natak, but it started with TD accusing NP after so many years and that too after apparently coming to India on vacation. What triggered that I don't know.Now its an avalanche with Indian Bimbos tying their movement to what white chics are doing in US (note, how a self respecting proud country like France gave the middle finger to 'metoo' crap, with French elite women if I recall correctly mocking the hypocrisy of many women using their sex appeal to gain favors and then whining). So as I say above it all depends on how much interest the white sistas take of our Bimbos' theatrics. If they treat this like they do India and Paaaakistaaan when it comes to terror, meaning, two naughty boys fighting each other even as India would like US to consider it on par with west when it comes to terror, this counterfeit 'metoo' movement will dissipate very quickly.

Anyway, like you said even I am enjoying the salacious details on the harassment cases involving Lutyen gangsters. Latest I read is that sanctimonious prik Suhel Seth being accused of some pretty nasty conduct. Lets enjoy it while it lasts. Finally, I don't think M.J.Akbar should resign just because a bunch of self appointed women's rights activist Bimbos want him to.
Before their work is done it's

#wetoo

and after their work is done, it's

#metoo