Cricket

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Re: Cricket

Post by hanumadu » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:59 pm

Wont cross 100 in this innings.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:47 pm

hanumadu wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:59 pm
Wont cross 100 in this innings.
OK, I was wrong. :lol:

I made that prediction when India was 39/3 with Kohli and Rahane at the crease. I doubt any team would have fared much better under the circumstances. This was one toss we desperately needed to win. We can only hope the rain is persistent for the rest of the test to aid our bowlers too but even here we are out of luck if weather prediction is anything to go by.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:21 am

hanumadu wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:47 pm
I doubt any team would have fared much better under the circumstances. This was one toss we desperately needed to win. We can only hope the rain is persistent for the rest of the test to aid our bowlers too but even here we are out of luck if weather prediction is anything to go by.
Confirmation of above.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... s-anderson
'If we were bowling at our batsmen, we'd have the better of them too' - James Anderson
"I think if we were bowling at our batsmen, we'd have the better of them [too]. We exploit those conditions as well as anyone in the world. I don't think it's just the Indian batsmen that would have struggled."
The weather forecast for the third day is sunny - when they get to bat.
It's showers and cloudy on the fourth day when we will most likely be batting again.
And sunny again on the fifth day if there is a fifth day which I doubt. Awesome.

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:11 pm

England lead heading to Innings defeat territory now. Unless and until majority of the last two days is rained out, 0-2 is imminent, a hole from which it will be hard to recover.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:59 am

Guys, I must confess that this Eng debacle was lingering on my mind. After India won the T-20s relatively easily, and coasted to a win in the first 1-day, I heard all the commentates say how this is going to be an Indian summer, commentator Bhajji was saying its difficult to see how this Eng attack can bowl India out and Indian batsman can even chase a target of 350+ yada yada. At that time, I knew this was too good to last especially on Eng conditions, but little did I realize that the downfall will be so severe.

What troubles me is that both Indian batting and bowling have been exposed and look very fragile. In the second 1-day, Indian batting came pauper, in the 3rd 1-day, Indian bowling failed. Then in the first test, Indian batting faltered except Kohli, and now in the second test, both Indian batsman and bowlers have been taken to the cleaners. I had some hope when Eng were 5 down, thought they would fold up with a lead of at most 75 or so.

I am getting that depressing feeling that its going to be a 5-0 whitewash in the tests. Disgusting to lose so badly to the Brit shits.

Ravi Shastri has got his work cut out.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:20 am

Our "much improved" bowling still cannot bowl out the tail or control runs. Virat Kohli choice of team selection is very suspect. And his captaincy is poor. When there is a chance of rain you control their run rate, don't give a chance to declare early and hope for rain.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:15 pm

Why do our fast bowlers take half an hour to get into a proper line and length while all other test bowlers seem to do it from ball one? This has been our problem for eons. I think this is where Anil Kumble's alleged school boy disciple and his experience of being an accurate bowler could have been useful.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:14 pm

I don't think a Kumble here or a Shastri there would have made a difference. Our guys were outplayed. Blaming the conditions alone doesn't tell the whole story. Lack of technique playing in those conditions is the reason. Boy is home advantage a clincher.

I know now all kinds of knives and cudgels will be out to attack Ravi Shastri and Kohli and the boys. Most puke worthy of all is Indian media going all out to seek every foreign pipsqueak's opinion, from Pakis and white Pakis alike. So and so said this about Kohli will be headlines and will be begged to come on DDM and offer their gyan.

Important thing for Kohli & Co is not to get too defeatist and lose their morale. One or two good performance can do wonders. Cricket is also a mind game. That assault by Curran on the Indian bowling in the 2nd innings of first test is what upped Eng morale after they were almost going to lose the test, and those runs he score were key to the psychological advantage. Of course, they bowled brilliantly, no doubt.

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:37 pm

In terms of technique one adjustment the batsmen needed to make was to shuffle across to get behind the line of the ball ( and lower the back lift to avoid being LBW) and play the ball in front of the wicket instead of fishing outside off stump. Of the little I saw of this match it seemed only Ashwin was able to make this adjustment and ended up being the top scorer (29 & 33 NO) for Indian side in both the innings. The rest didn't learn.

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:05 am

The TOI website this morning looked like Times of London with a bold headline showing a jubilant English team claiming how India was destroyed. Yes it was a poor performance by the boys but looks like the media gets another stick to beat India. After IPL and BCCI dominance there is no doubt that the Brits would use their media proxies in India to push Indian Cricket down slowly.

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:07 am

0-4

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:11 am

twitter

this is brutal.
@RaviShastriOfc will definitely deliver. Even if @imvkohli cannot deliver

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:44 pm

Unlimited power to Shashtri-Kohli destroying Indian cricket?

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spo ... 388314.cms

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:54 pm

knives are out against sastri and kohli with this loss. everybody using this opportunity to max..

pujara run out was horrible..lots of horrible moments. better to just forget and block this memory and move on..

not having an intimidating fast bowler to polish off the tail is stil hurting us. if we limited them in first innings, things could have been better..

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:03 pm

If England can play 20 years old like Curram. Why can't we get Shubhman Gill, Nagarkoti, Shivam, Shaw a chance?

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:07 pm

because england is playing in england. it's easier to do things at home, than take a raw player overseas.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:19 pm

We never seem to learn.

Back to the days of paki fixers and cheaters, afridi boasting about "big hearts" and the paki pigs running roughshod in the gulf.

looks like imran khan niazi did pull off a cricketing coup, after all. Someone has been paid off big time.

why are we foolishly insisting on putting hundreds of millions of $ into the paki coffers now??

Asia Cup: BCCI hands over hosting rights to Emirates Cricket Board

Friday, 17 August 2018 | Dubai

Asia Cup: BCCI hands over hosting rights to Emirates Cricket Board

The decks were finally cleared today for the Asia Cup as BCCI officially handed over its hosting rights to the Emirates Cricket Board.

"The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and the Emirates Cricket Board signed an agreement today for the United Arab Emirates to host the 2018 edition of the Asia Cup," the BCCI stated in a release.

The agreement was signed in Dubai with the BCCI being represented by its acting secretary Amitabh Chaudhary and CEO Rahul Johri. The chairman of the Emirates Cricket Board, His Highness Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, signed on their behalf.

Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka will take part in the tournament. They will be joined by a sixth team -- the winner of the Asian Cricket Council qualifier event.

The tournament will be held from September 15 to 28 in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

The event was originally scheduled in India with BCCI playing the hosts but Pakistan's participation was an issue considering the prevailing political situation between the neighbouring countries.

The BCCI couldn't procure relevant clearance from government security agencies to host Pakistan.

Earlier this year, the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) decided that the tournament will be shifted to UAE but India will be hosting the tournament.

BCCI acting secretary Choudhary said:"We are thankful to the Emirates Cricket Board for hosting the 2018 Asia Cup on behalf of the BCCI. We will see some of the sport's powerhouse nations go head-to-head for ultimate glory and I am confident that cricket fans around the world will enjoy every moment of this prestigious event."

However, the COA faction was not on the same page with BCCI office bearers regarding handing over the hosting rights to the UAE.

Since organisation would involve financial transactions in foreign currency, a senior BCCI office bearer had pointed out that FEMA (Foreign Exchanges Management Act) rules need to be thoroughly checked after the IPL II fiasco when Cricket South Africa hosted the cash-rich league in 2009.

The Asian Cricket Council (ACC) sanctions USD 2.5 million to the hosts for organisational purposes but it was pointed out that operational costs shoots up in the UAE.

The BCCI release does not state what will be the profit sharing mode from the ticket sales. The TV broadcast money goes to ACC.

The major attraction of this tournament is two assured Indo-Pakistan clashes.

From ECB, it's chairman said, "It is a matter of great pride for the UAE to host a prestigious event like the Asia Cup. Our country is home to a large section of people from the participating nations and we feel privileged and excited by the opportunity to bring their favourite sport right here to their doorstep.

"This is the biggest cricketing event to be held in the UAE and we will ensure every support to make the 2018 Asia Cup a huge success."

Sunny
BGR Newbie

Post by Sunny » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:10 pm

So many crooks at the top level of the BCCI - wonder what kind of kickback they received from the Emiratis for the above move?

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:49 am

Some of our batsmen are putting their left leg on their offstump to deal with the outswingers. I think the cure is worse than the disease. They will be ideal candidates for LBW especially in the english conditions like KL Rahul in the last test.

We will win this match though.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:55 pm

^^ Virat Kohli is a prime candidate for lbw with this technique.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:11 pm

England 92/4 after India wasted 10 overs of the new ball, over cast conditions and gifted 50 runs before the right bowler was even brought on to bowl. Can't give easy runs up front when we are having difficulty getting wickets with the old ball.

Sridhar k
BGR Newbie

Post by Sridhar k » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:07 pm

Shami has been poor. Occasionally, a good Sami shows up. bhuvi is missed

Cloud brothers aka Anderson and Broad look clueless when there is no movement

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:41 pm

Sridhar k wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:07 pm
Shami has been poor. Occasionally, a good Sami shows up. bhuvi is missed

Cloud brothers aka Anderson and Broad look clueless when there is no movement
Outside UK, his strike rate is 67 and average is 32. Only slightly better than Ishant Sharma.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:47 pm

ball is spinning a bit..ashwin should come into play in 4th innings.

kohli's form is fantastic..he's worked hard against swinging ball. last time anderson had him all the time..this time he has not gotten out even once to him

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:31 am

Ashwin is injured, by the looks of it!