Indian Movies Thread

General nukkad-style discussions.
This forum is lightly moderated, and members are expected to moderate themselves.
Chandragupta
BGR Member

Re: Indian Movies Thread

Post by Chandragupta » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:50 pm

So I watched Padmavat last night on SHQ's insistence. Here is my take of the movie -

a. Somebody mentioned that girls/crowd cheered Khilji/Ranveer when he first appeared in the movie - nothing like this happened. And I watched this in a posh South Delhi multiplex with the right kind of sickular crowd (I guess?)
b. Khilji has not been glorified at all - the Khiljis are shown as tribal & uncivilized from the start and they have also been shown as Afghanis not Indians
c. He has been shown as a cold blooded, shrewd & psycho power hungry asshole who is dwarfed in charater by Shahid's Rajput Raja Rawal Singh
d. A vengeful brahmin Raghav Chetan has been shown to be the messenger who brings the news of Padmavati's beauty to Khilji
e. Khiljis are shown as Muslims, as in they were ofcourse Muslims but it is clearly shown that Khilji was a Muslim tyrant attacking a peaceful Hindu Rajput kingdom - army shown as typical moustacheless beard, flags with moon on green background - this is important from a Psychological perspective
f. Rajputs have been glorified no end - Rajput usools 12345679...Any sane movie watcher will sympathize with & take pride in the Hindu kingdom
g. Shahid is a bad choice, a taller actor would have been better
h. Deepika - no words to describe her performance
i. The Jauhar Scene - it is clear that the women jumped to protect themselves from the Muslim army who had by then entered fort

There was absolute pin-drop silence in the hall after the movie got over. Surely, people were overwhelmed with the jauhar scene & the sacrifice of the Hindu ladies. I had moist eyes thinking of what our ancestors went through.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:38 pm

Ashutosh Gowariker is working on a movie on Panipat.

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:55 pm

Which Panipat?

1. The First Battle of Panipat (1526), at which Babur defeated Ibrahim Lodi of the Lodi dynasty and established the Mughal Empire.

2. The Second Battle of Panipat (1556), at in which Bairam Khan defeated Hemchandra Vikramaditya.

3. The Third Battle of Panipat (1761), at which the invading Afghani forces of Ahmad Shah Durrani defeated the army of the Maratha Empire under Sadashivrao Bhau.

or all three!

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:21 pm

I think Third. But I don't trust Ashutosh. He made Jodha-Akbar and the terrible Ashoka.

Ashish Raval
BGR Newbie

Post by Ashish Raval » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:39 pm

Chandragupta wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:50 pm

There was absolute pin-drop silence in the hall after the movie got over. Surely, people were overwhelmed with the jauhar scene & the sacrifice of the Hindu ladies. I had moist eyes thinking of what our ancestors went through.
Exactly what I went through and observed with the crowd after the jauher scene. It would have been a scene where even gods would have cried but it made me immensely proud of my Rajput brethrens and their sacrifices.

Ashish Raval
BGR Newbie

Post by Ashish Raval » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:48 pm

Chandragupta wrote:

Exactly what I went through and observed with the crowd after the jauher scene. It would have been a scene where even gods would have cried but it made me immensely proud of my Rajput brethrens and their sacrifices. I was little disappointed by a purohit being shown to be helping muslim out of venegace. Perhaps this would have been only case noted in history of India that a brahmin would have helped an invader in anyway. But if is not true then it is poor choice of character being shown or it could have been promoted by theory that only other male who could have ever seen padmavati can be Raj purohit when she could have gone for temple visit and blessing.

Ashish Raval
BGR Newbie

Post by Ashish Raval » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:49 pm

Chandragupta wrote:

Exactly what I went through and observed with the crowd after the jauher scene. It would have been a scene where even gods would have cried but it made me immensely proud of my Rajput brethrens and their sacrifices. I was little disappointed by a purohit being shown to be helping muslim out of venegace. Perhaps this would have been only case noted in history of India that a brahmin would have helped an invader in anyway. But if is not true then it is poor choice of character being shown or it could have been promoted by theory that only other male who could have ever seen padmavati can be Raj purohit when she could have gone for temple visit and blessing.

brad goodman
BGR Newbie

Post by brad goodman » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:21 am

Supratik wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:21 pm
I think Third. But I don't trust Ashutosh. He made Jodha-Akbar and the terrible Ashoka.
He did not make Ashoka. That was made by Santosh Sivan (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0249371/?ref_=nv_sr_1) but agree he is terrible at making movies except Lagaan. Panipat-3 cannot be made into a commerical movie. That needs a love story . Sadashivrao Bhau or others do not seem to have that minimum condition needed to fit into commercial potboiler. I know Ritesh Deshmukh is making a Shivaji (bi lingual Hindi & Marathi)

brad goodman
BGR Newbie

Post by brad goodman » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:29 am

Shiv Ji are you still watching movies? If yes do not miss on Neeraj Pandey stuff

Special 26
A Wednesday
MS Dhoni

Though I hate Swara Bhaskar I would recommend her Nil Battey Sannata

Few Tigmanshu Dhulia ones

Haasil
Shahgird
Pan SIng Tomar
Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster

Anurag Kashyap are iffy some really like them and some find them boring same with Vishal Bharadwaj so u can check them out I am not sure
Gangs of Wasseypur
Gulaal
Dev D
Maqbool
Omkaara

Few others I feel you can watch are
Antardwandva
Matrubhoomi: A Nation Without Women

Would you like to catch up on Marathi? they are producing some real quality stuff these days

Prasan
BGR Newbie

Post by Prasan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:01 am

Ashish Raval wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:49 pm
Chandragupta wrote:

I watched it recently, and the performance of Ranveer singh is very exaggerated by some. Rather Shahid kapoor acted better. Ranveer was getting breathless while delivering dialogues. Later he returned to his original voice. He has managed it better in Bajirao Mastani.
Shahids agression through his big eyes would have charged any army and sympathy poured when they killed him in the duel

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:34 pm

Ashish,

If you read Indian history there were many traitors including Rajputs who either converted to Islam voluntarily or served in Muslim armies including the Mughal army. So it is not a surprise even though that character may be fictional.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:28 am

Its not the Muslims who destroyed Hindus as much as Hindus themselves destroyed Hindus. Sad truth of our people and still haven't changed one single bit.

Ashish Raval
BGR Newbie

Post by Ashish Raval » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:53 pm

Agreed@supratik and @chandra

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:14 pm

On this battle where 21 Sikhs fought till last stand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Saragarhi

Currently there are 3 movies being made on the same battle
1. Kesari by Akshay Kumar+Karan Johar dharma prodution.
2. ‘Sons Of Sardaar: The Battle of Saragarhi’ with Randeep Hooda in charge by Rajkumar Santoshi
3. Ajay Devgan's Saragarhi which he claims will be on hollywood scale like 300.

Last time when 3 movies came out on Shaheed Bhagat Singh., Ajay Devgan won.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:57 pm

after Dangal, secret superstar of Amir does Rs 1000 Cr business in China https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/? ... gle.co.uk/

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:38 pm

And now ...a bollywood film on some one convicted in terrorism :shock:

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:02 pm

I don't think Sanjay Dutt was convicted for terrorism. He was convicted for possessing arms that were illegal to possess. I think he got them from Dubai gangsters or something. To say that this is "terrorism" is pushing it too far.

Shandilya
BGR Newbie

Post by Shandilya » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:38 am

KJo wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:02 pm
I don't think Sanjay Dutt was convicted for terrorism. He was convicted for possessing arms that were illegal to possess. I think he got them from Dubai gangsters or something. To say that this is "terrorism" is pushing it too far.
What up! KJo'bhai, has your account been hijacked or have you slowly turned dhimmie towards the faithfulls?

Ask not from who he got the ak, but why he got the ak

I believe it was a gift to keep for the favor that half-breed did for his maternal uncle by facilitating and safekeeping stuff used in 98 mumbai dhamaka's by his uncle's cronies.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:14 pm

Shandilya Saar, I am same onleeeee :-)
I am in constant contact with ultra-right wing Hindus on WA and other places and I am afraid that many of gone off the deep end by spreading fake news. I can understand the use of that for propaganda, but the risk is that we tend to believe it ourselves and end up fooling ourselves. Pakis are a prime example of this. They played the "we are TFTA, you are skinny weak hindoos" game and while it initially worked, the Hindus wised up and laugh while the Pakis still live in their bubble. I don't want this happening to us.

In this case, SD got illegal arms and deserved the punishment for it as he did something against the law. However to call him a terrorist is stretching it too far. If he bombed someplace or conspired to, then I am unaware and I would agree that he is a terrorist. Are you saying that SD tried to hide the guilt of his uncle (Nargis brother) in some way? I am not aware of this angle.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:34 pm

interestingly producer is one who funded film PK.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:37 pm

Aamir Khan is planning on Mahabharata.
Sad that we need a peaceful (secular turned Jihadi) to make a movie on one of our epics. Why not someone like the maker of Bahubali? That will be a hit of epic proportions.

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:39 pm

has anybody seen this animated Mahabharat movie?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahabharat_(2013_film)

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:41 pm

How can you have the whole Mahabharat in 2 hours? You need a whole series of at least 5-6 movies.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:11 pm

sbajwa wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:39 pm
has anybody seen this animated Mahabharat movie?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahabharat_(2013_film)
It's available here for free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOP3nvxj14A

I'm downloading it now and will watch with my kids tonight!

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon May 07, 2018 8:21 am

A new lovefest with Pakistan is coming in the form of upcoming film Raazi. Film has Alia dumbo as spy married to a Pk military officer stealing information from innocent pk, as we debate dir Meghna Gulzar another libtard is all over channels praising Pk in high heavens and how friendly they were to the team..
In nutshell this is another Aman ki Asha being tricked on us.
and why not producer is Vineet Jain of times of India.