Nukkad

General nukkad-style discussions.
This forum is lightly moderated, and members are expected to moderate themselves.
hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Re: Nukkad

Post by hanumadu » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:27 am

KJo wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:25 pm
Primus wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:51 pm
KJo wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:26 pm
I am confused about this controversy. How can one say for sure what religion a person belongs to? What is the authoritative source?
With Cryptos, there is no way to know unless you catch them in the act of going to a church and doing prayers there (simply seeing them enter a church is not enough). Other give-aways are a cross on the wall at home, pictures of Jesus and the absence of any temple/shrine - although they can fake this too. I have known people who are not just EJs, but blatantly so, actively involved in conversion, and yet they have Hindu names and all outward appearances of being Hindus.

The biggest example of this is of course our well known Pappu. Nobody knows if he is a crypto or not. SuSwa claims they have a 'catholic shrine' at home and offer prayers there every Sunday. One would think that in this day and age it would be a simple thing to find out if his birth certificate or other school documents list his religion as Hindu or not. There are probably plenty of other documents too that may be very revealing, and yet there is nothing in the public domain. Any attempt to paint him as non-Hindu is met with tall claims and images of him being Janeyu-Dhari. For politicians and their ilk, it is vital to appear to be Hindu and not EJ. It's funny because Muslims never behave this way, because for them the support of their own community is their lifeline and they would never pretend to be Hindu, not for a moment.
There's a difference between Christians and Muslims in India.

Muslims basically just want to live their lives, mooching off Hindu tax money and getting more and more freebies. If one day India becomes an Islamic nation then "well and good onlee". But they are not actively on a conversion rampage. Many Muslims at least outwardly respect Hindu religion and say they want peace and harmony.
Christians are actively working to convert Hindus to Christianity and win the demography game. They are more slaves of Vatican than Muslims are of Saudi. They are not as violent as Muslims so they fly under the radar.

I remember being shocked when I found out that NKP Salve and Ajit Jogi were Christian.
Not true. Both equally wan't to conquer India for their respective Gods. Otherwise you would not see such wide differences in birth rates between muslims and the rest of the population. Christians at least don't mess with their own kids' future by having a dozen of them in a bid to demographically alter India. Muslims are perverse in that regard.

Even granting your claim that muslims are not actively seeking demographic change, looking at the trends, the christian game is much less likely to succeed than the muslim population explosion. The evangelical task becomes harder and harder as India gets more educated and more rich. No so with muslims. Muslims' task get easier and easier as India gets richer and Hindus start having less and less kids. The muslims' task will get easier and easier as their population grows and after a certain point it becomes impossible to reverse the trend. Assam and Kerala are gone. Very likely Bengal too.

I am much less concerned about christianization than islamization. Push comes to shove, christians are much easier to do ghar wapsi and less risk of deadly attacks on people engaging in ghar wapsi.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:21 pm

hanumadu wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:27 am
Not true. Both equally wan't to conquer India for their respective Gods. Otherwise you would not see such wide differences in birth rates between muslims and the rest of the population. Christians at least don't mess with their own kids' future by having a dozen of them in a bid to demographically alter India. Muslims are perverse in that regard.

Even granting your claim that muslims are not actively seeking demographic change, looking at the trends, the christian game is much less likely to succeed than the muslim population explosion. The evangelical task becomes harder and harder as India gets more educated and more rich. No so with muslims. Muslims' task get easier and easier as India gets richer and Hindus start having less and less kids. The muslims' task will get easier and easier as their population grows and after a certain point it becomes impossible to reverse the trend. Assam and Kerala are gone. Very likely Bengal too.

I am much less concerned about christianization than islamization. Push comes to shove, christians are much easier to do ghar wapsi and less risk of deadly attacks on people engaging in ghar wapsi.
Please try to understand what I am saying.
I agree with you, both want to conquer India for their own gods. They both use different methods. Muslims are trying through demographics change (breeding like rats). Christians do it differently by active proselytization and insulting Hinduism openly. Yes, the end goal and result is the same. I have come across many Christians while growing up and they were and are hostile to Hinduism and openly so. One of my father's friend (Konkani Christian) would ridicule Hindu festivals and try to invite people to church at their Lions Club meetings. Of course he got laughed off. Muslims are more careful and are not open in their means.

Some Christians are easier to do Ghar Wapsi, others are very rabid. Muslims have strong support from Arabia and Pakistan so are very dangerous. Christians have less support, they just have US/UK based groups.

Muslims are seeking demographic change, but they don't go around proselytizing to the level Christians do. They do it via different ways like I said (breeding).

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:10 pm

^^I agree. I am only saying the immediate danger is more from muslims than christians. And when I say immediate I mean two or three decades ago.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:34 pm

hanumadu wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:10 pm
^^I agree. I am only saying the immediate danger is more from muslims than christians. And when I say immediate I mean two or three decades ago.
I think if there was to be an accurate analysis of Indian demographics based on religion you would find the Christians have increased in population much more. Official statistics are often skewed because while the Muslims would generally admit openly they are Muslims, there is a large population of Crypto Christians. Whole swathes of the north-east are now completely Christian. Muslim increase has occurred through a higher birth rate and of course the millions of illegal BDs. Christianity has prospered through conversion which is much more now than it was during the British era, but I may be wrong here. Don't have hard data.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:48 am

The ethos in the picure typifies India.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:27 pm

Primus wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:34 pm
hanumadu wrote:
I think if there was to be an accurate analysis of Indian demographics based on religion you would find the Christians have increased in population much more. Official statistics are often skewed because while the Muslims would generally admit openly they are Muslims, there is a large population of Crypto Christians. Whole swathes of the north-east are now completely Christian. Muslim increase has occurred through a higher birth rate and of course the millions of illegal BDs. Christianity has prospered through conversion which is much more now than it was during the British era, but I may be wrong here. Don't have hard data.

I don't understand why Modi Govt has not severely cracked down on these proselytizers. If you go through the courts, nothing will happen, there needs to be creative solutions.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:05 am

A tale of two men: A misogynist pig and the first feminist

A tale of two men: A misogynist pig and the first feminist

Imagine a world in which “scholars” label one of these men is a “misogynistic pig” and the other “the first feminist.” Which is which per the scholars in this dystopian world is left as an exercise for the reader. What drives these scholars is a bonus question for serious students.

Sankrant Sanu @sankrant

Blog | 27-04-2018

Two men. Two different scholarly readings.

The first man

A Crown Prince. Later a King.

He vowed to be a one-woman man, have only his one beloved wife as his Queen though it was customary in his times to have many wives. He lived up to his word till he died.

His beloved wife accompanied him to exile, though he urged her to stay home in luxury. He took care of her in the journey.

On her asking, he chased a golden deer for her, which turned out to be a hoax. She was captured by trickery, he was distraught.

He searched far and wide for her, making that his only aim. He was beyond himself when he heard an emissary had located her, couldn’t praise him enough.

There were two brothers, a strong and a weak one. The strong brother defeated the weak one, and took his wife. The man killed the stronger brother, for he believed he disrespected a woman by treating her as property to be captured.

Even though in the wilderness, he cobbled together an army, walked hundreds of miles, built a bridge across an ocean to defeat the man who had captured his Queen and recover her. Almost his entire life story is about the love for his Queen and his journey to get her back.

When he vanquished his foe in the war, though the enemy had many beautiful wives and women in his kingdom, they were all treated with respect and not as war booty.

On return he faced a question. A choice put to him between two dharmas, that of a king, and that of a husband. With a heavy heart he realized that his duty as a king took precedent. He let go of his Queen.

He did not marry again. He did not take another queen. No concubine. He remained a one-woman man, celibate from then on. For every ritual, he used an image created in gold of his beloved Queen and kept her by his side.

The second man

A caravan trader. A general.

As an old man he married a girl less than ten.

He got his adopted son to divorce his wife so he could marry her.

He regularly imprisoned and captured women of those he defeated in war, and gave these to his men as “spoils.”

He was deeply suspicious of women, considered them to be of lesser intelligence. He divorced one of his wives simply on the charge of “peeking at men.” He divorced another because she had leprosy.

He authorized men to beat their wives, and condoned capture of women as booty and made even women married to others be captured and made into sex slaves.

He had by one count, eleven wives, and other women as concubines.

He considered that the majority of those in “hell” were women.

He considered women had “deficient minds” in comparison to men and so their testimony was less reliable.

Imagined scholarship

Imagine a world in which “scholars” label one of these men is a “misogynistic pig” and the other “the first feminist.”

Which is which per the scholars in this dystopian world is left as an exercise for the reader.

What drives these scholars is a bonus question for serious students.

Any resemblance to any man, dead or alive is purely coincidental.

Sankrant Sanu
Sankrant Sanu is an entrepreneur, author and researcher based in Seattle and Gurgaon. His essays in the book “Invading the Sacred” contested Western academic writing on Hinduism. He is a graduate of IIT Kanpur and the University of Texas and holds six technology patents. His latest book is “The English Medium Myth.” He blogs at sankrant.org .

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:05 pm

KJo wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:27 pm
Primus wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:34 pm
hanumadu wrote:

I don't understand why Modi Govt has not severely cracked down on these proselytizers. If you go through the courts, nothing will happen, there needs to be creative solutions.
They are so well entrenched within the system, thanks to years of apathy initially and then years of active support by the Dienasty. Any direct action would have been labeled 'Hindutva' with all the resultant chaos and cacophony, both national and international (the false Church attacks story multiplied hundredfold).

Far better to do it legally yet in a manner that hits them hard - banning various NGOs under FCRA rules was a masterstroke. Then the anti-conversion bill which needs to be given real teeth and provide for severe penalties. Finally, ghar wapsi with organizations that are capable of delivering more than what the missionaries promised. The elections in Tripura and elsewhere in the northeast are a bell-ringer for change that is bound to come. Hopefully the people may be realizing now what the South African blacks did too late :
When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.
- often misquoted as from Desmond Tutu

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:45 pm

How safe is it to buy something from First replica sites like https://shopenix.wordpress.com/
Is it really worth buying stuff from there or would it be some very cheap knock off which would come apart in few weeks ?

gakakkad
BGR Newbie

Post by gakakkad » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:44 pm

Indrad wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:43 pm
dear friends...any idea how is Georgia Tech School of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering? One colleague based in ME has their son admission secured there in chem engg,and asked re details I have no clue. Any feedback pls.
sorry ,did not get a chance to visit this place often...Bio-engineering is pretty solid at this madarssa...tons of interdisciplinary research with emory medical madarsaa...he ll be in excellent hands..is this for undergrad or grad ischool ?

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:02 am

America’s dad bill Cosby found guilty of sexual abuse.

Quite a few were in denial about him.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:27 am

Gus wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:02 am
America’s dad bill Cosby found guilty of sexual abuse.

Quite a few were in denial about him.
How do you prove a crime like sexual abuse committed decades ago ?

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:17 am

I Am A Civil Servant From Bihar, US Visa Showed Me Who's The Boss
Travel to the United States of America has never been an item on my priority list. Even when a lot of my classmates at IIT-Roorkee talked about their dream of travelling to the US for higher studies, I neither shared their enthusiasm nor quite understood it. For me, education never got any 'higher' than good, old graduation. That itself appeared to be a Mount Everest for poor me. How can you go any higher than that? Anyway, many of them now live there, some have taken up American citizenship and a few have even come back (after ensuring that their children were born there and have US citizenship!).

The lady who is now my wife was working there when we got married. Out of her love for me, she happily came back to live unhappily ever after with me in India. As for me - I have been to the United States twice, both times on official trips (as a senior police officer) and on an official passport. Now, a word about what's called "an official passport". Only those who have held that cherished document can appreciate the experience of travelling as an ' official'. There are no perks, no exemptions, no chance in hell of evading any frisking at any airport for a holder of that passport. Yet, this grey-coloured icon in a sea of blue Indian passports makes you feel different if not entirely eminent. What this feeling means to an Indian babu or 'government servant' cannot be fathomed by ordinary and ordinarily employed mortals. An official passport places its bearer on a pedestal, gives a sense of purpose to his travel and makes all those inane conferences, seminars and trainings that we attend seem completely essential and in national interest. Sadly, some among the ignorant masses and privately employed classes of this country are only concerned with the huge public expenditure on such strategic movements of humble government servants and talk of them as 'paid holidays', 'jamborees', etc.

These unfortunate, ill-informed hordes are obsessed with a few hundred crores that get 'wasted' on such 'meaningless jaunts'. They don't appreciate the 'exposure' these travels provide our officialdom, the 'awareness' they create and the benefits they bring (to us, not the nation). We, the humble government servants of this country, come back immensely enriched by such experiences provided liberally to us at tax payers' expense. We may not improve or even try to improve professionally after such foreign visits but that is not the intended objective at all. The personal development of us civil servants at the cost of our scarce national resources is an accepted fact and also the prime motivator for several young civil service aspirants who slog to get 'in'.

Earlier this month, a catastrophic calamity befell me. I had to go for a visa interview to the US embassy along with my wife. We had planned a summer vacation visit to my wife's cousin who lives there. My sons were hyper-excited and that reminded me of my Delhi-bred classmates in college who had in their own minds accepted US citizenship many years before they actually set foot on the American soil. :) Uncle Sam is known to have that impact on middle and upper middle class people from the Indian metros and Punjabis from anywhere and everywhere.

Meanwhile, let's get back to my visit for the visa interview. When we approached the window where our visa was to be decided, my wife for the umpteenth time asked me to look 'normal' and not to ( even remotely) display any sense of self-respect or personal pride - a small price to pay for a US visa.

But old habits die hard!

What transpired is as follows:

Visa officer: Have you been to the US before?

Me: Yes, twice. Both times on an official passport (my wife raised her eyebrow in annoyance)

Visa officer: What work do you do?

Me: I am a Deputy Inspector General in the National Security Guard

(My wife banged her forehead. I was tutored to simply and apologetically say "Ma'am, I work for the Government of India)

Visa officer: We need additional information. Please go to window number 1 (Window One actually means Visa None)

On reaching there, I was given an elaborate questionnaire seeking information which made me very proud and confused at the same time. For example, they wanted to know the 'real' reason for my intended visit to the US. I was really embarrassed to disappoint them as the only, mundane reason was meeting a relative and sight-seeing. I tried to think of a higher purpose but could not think of any. For an Indian civil servant, to suffer brain fade when asked to concoct, fabricate or lie is quite uncharacteristic and unexpected, but it actually happened for once

Further, they wanted to know if I intended to undertake any research, etc. If only they had known that in college, I didn't undertake even the basic, minimum study expected by society (and paid for by my father).

That was last month.

I have submitted the details asked for and now my application status is "Your visa application is under administrative processing". Which is American for "You are a bum, please don't come".

The present delay and the eventual denial of this visa won't hurt me a bit. I am not exactly dying to visit the "home of the brave and land of the free". It is the constant heckling by my two sons that has me worried. I have just realised that their love and longing for a short US trip far exceeds their affection towards me. They mock me, taunt me -and my wife nods approvingly. They believe if only I had been a little careful they would have not been deprived of this vacation in the US.

But we haven't given up.

I am trying to look and sound less threatening, have stopped even speaking to those friends whose names and surnames can be included in the US government's "don't let these guys in" list. We have even stopped mentioning the words 'Iran' and 'North Korea' in our home.

Visa or no visa - I shall forever live in awe of their hyper-efficient and ever-alert visa scrutiny system. How good they really are at spotting potential threats and illegal immigrants! Also, one has to applaud their heightened (although misplaced) sense of self-importance. Thanks to thousands of our best-educated, most talented Indians dying to get US citizenship, they genuinely believe that any and every Indian, irrespective of his education, job and social profile, is a potential illegal immigrant.

I love America.

(Shalin is presently posted as DIG of the National Security Guard)
Just wondering if Indian consulates abroad "delay" issuing an Indian visa for "administrative purposes"?

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:20 am

Cringe worthy obsession that middle & upper middle class Indians have for US. Most will pick US over India in a heartbeat. No sense of patriotism and desh-prem.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:20 am

Chandragupta wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:20 am
Cringe worthy obsession that middle & upper middle class Indians have for US. Most will pick US over India in a heartbeat. No sense of patriotism and desh-prem.
Saar, What lies do you peddle :)
Talk to any self respecting Punjabi Sardar and (S)he will select Canada over USA even before blink of an eye. For that matter, a Mallu would mostly pick Gelf to USA. In fact some of the Tamil biraders still have deep fascination for ASEAN over USA.

Some of us actually are MATA and act Like many moons ago, I met a RAPE Paki in a social gathering in Al-Amrika who was lamenting that Americans have spoiled America and don't deserve it.
:)) :)) :))

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Tue May 01, 2018 1:46 pm

Has anyone in desh or outside heard this clothing brand Bhane? Also shoe store chain "Veg Non-Veg"? I have not heard either of them. Lazy evening and I just saw this piece of Sonam Kapoor confirming wedding rumours with Anand Ahuja and just looked him up. Apparently, his clothing line Bhane is mainly for export and has an annual turn over of 450 Million USD!
Anand Ahuja was born on 7 July in New Delhi. He completed his school education at American Embassy School, New Delhi and MBA degree from Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. He did his internship as a product manager at Amazon.com in Seattle, USA. He is a basketball lover.
Definitely rich begets rich...I would not be surprised if he is a holder of some Western nation Permanent Residency card...you know for cloudy days. Easy for these folks to stay outside of India for 90+ days or how much ever time is required to fulfill residency requirements.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Tue May 01, 2018 3:21 pm

Zynda, never heard of those brands.
He has a Linkedin page. Seems like a regular guy.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/anandahuja1/

Note that his Wharton MBA is Incomplete, and he was at Amazon for an internship, not a permanent job.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Tue May 01, 2018 4:44 pm

Yes I had heard of Bhane, came across their page on FB. Didn't think much of it, thought it would be one of those new brands being launched by teams of 4-5 late 20s folks with some money pooled in. 450 mn USD is Craaazyy! They have just 1 store in all of NCR. How are they doing 450 mn? Definitely a case of incestuous Lutyen's circle making money off money.

Added later - I think 450 mn USD is the family business worth which is clothing exports. Check these out -

https://www.youthkiawaaz.com/2017/08/ho ... rel-brand/

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/we ... 768666.cms

173 crore bunglow! :shock: No wonder the **** Sonam Kapoor wants to marry this guy but why does this guy want to marry this ugly plastic low IQ **** ?

Chandragupta, please mind your language. You have been warned once before. - KJo

darshhan
BGR Newbie

Post by darshhan » Wed May 02, 2018 6:57 am

Chandragupta wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 4:44 pm
Yes I had heard of Bhane, came across their page on FB. Didn't think much of it, thought it would be one of those new brands being launched by teams of 4-5 late 20s folks with some money pooled in. 450 mn USD is Craaazyy! They have just 1 store in all of NCR. How are they doing 450 mn? Definitely a case of incestuous Lutyen's circle making money off money.

Added later - I think 450 mn USD is the family business worth which is clothing exports. Check these out -

173 crore bunglow! :shock: No wonder the dumbfuck Sonam Kapoor wants to marry this guy but why does this guy want to marry this ugly plastic low IQ dumbfuck?
Shahi exports is a known clothing and apparel exporting powerhouse. So no surprises there. 450 mn usd is probably the turnover. Margins would be low. But still a lot.

Yah the guy could have definitely gotten a better deal than Sonam Kapoor( not to mention she is already on the wrong side of 30s). But then he is most probably a classic beta with corresponding confidence levels.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Wed May 02, 2018 7:12 am

In the 'Red Pill' lexicon, he looks like a Blue Pilled Beta.

darshhan
BGR Newbie

Post by darshhan » Wed May 02, 2018 7:23 am

Seriously what is the use of so much money when you have a wife who wouldn't even cook a meal for you more than once a year

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Wed May 02, 2018 7:35 am

Don't forget, getting a celebrity eye candy wife adds wonder to your own profile else how would this guy be part of discussion on BGR.
Thank you Sonam K.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Wed May 02, 2018 7:37 am

darshhan wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 7:23 am
Seriously what is the use of so much money when you have a wife who wouldn't even cook a meal for you more than once a year
I reckon she will also divorce his sorry backside in less than 10 years and pocket a cool 100+ crore settlement to pay for her fancy dresses & expensive botox and cosmetic surgeries.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Wed May 02, 2018 11:43 am

Chandragupta wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 7:37 am
darshhan wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 7:23 am
I reckon she will also divorce his sorry backside in less than 10 years and pocket a cool 100+ crore settlement to pay for her fancy dresses & expensive botox and cosmetic surgeries.
Isn't 10 years much more than it would actually last

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu May 03, 2018 10:47 am

darshhan wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 6:57 am
Chandragupta wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 4:44 pm

173 crore bunglow! :shock: No wonder the dumbfuck Sonam Kapoor wants to marry this guy but why does this guy want to marry this ugly plastic low IQ dumbfuck?
Shahi exports is a known clothing and apparel exporting powerhouse. So no surprises there. 450 mn usd is probably the turnover. Margins would be low. But still a lot.

Yah the guy could have definitely gotten a better deal than Sonam Kapoor( not to mention she is already on the wrong side of 30s). But then he is most probably a classic beta with corresponding confidence levels.
most of these guys have a very colorful history, with multiple side dishes and foreign snacks to boot. They all tend to avoid eating at home.

The extracurricular activities will doubtless continue after he gets hitched, some booze filled, drug fuelled daily blow outs is the usual style in these high circles.

Didn't that other steering gear company guy start the same way with another eye candy type, washed out, bollywood bimbo and later reneged on divorce settlements??, even after "fathering" two kids with said bimbo??

No reason for this high society type to go off script. Easy come, easy go.