The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Indrad
BGR Oldie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by Indrad » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:15 am

Did a brief search scan...it appears lawyers firm where Jaitley's daughter is a stake holder were legal representative of Chokusi's Geetanjali jewellers.
Wire & others are trying to make a story out of it.
There suggestion is: Jaitley is directly involved in PNB fraud cos his daughter was lawyer for Chokusi. No matter if it was before story broke out.
Did she know of fraud ongoing> is a matter of investigation as per wire.
Hence Mudi must rejine. Jaitley must got to jail.
Funny part is Jaitley has such a strong clout in Lutyen's till date there is not a single article against him in media.
Hence MSM is not touching the story even with a barge pole.

Lilo
BGR Member

Post by Lilo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:17 pm

yawn onlee.
Opindia has already preempted this "grand expośe" of commies, aaptards and more importantly the cretin swamytards targeting jetli - 4 days back.
After Amit Shah and Ajit Doval, is ‘The Wire’ planning to target Arun Jaitley and his daughter with a shabby hitjob?

ByOpIndia StaffPosted on March 9, 2018

India’s former Finance Minister, P Chidambaram and his son are fast sinking into their own quagmire. What can the ecosystem do to salvage the two? If not save them, can the ecosystem at least divert the attention of the country to save them from the ignominy of being the centre of attraction? It appears that this might be the case and we may get to see it happen really soon.

Leftist portal ‘The Wire’, which frequently publishes “exposés“, linking ruling politicians and their children to non-existent scandals, may be trying to pull another fast one in the next 24 to 48 hours. A source in the know has told us that the portal is trying to ensnare Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in a new “scandal”. This has also been reported by another online publication.

The plan seems to be this: Link Arun Jaitley’s daughter’s legal firm to Mehul Choksi’s Geetanjali Gems, and thus attack Jaitley, firing of his daughter’s shoulders.

The above report and our source claim the following: Jaitley and Bakshi, the legal firm of Arun Jaitley’s daughter, has been in business for 10 years. Apparently, the firm was engaged by Mehul Choksi’s Geetanjali Gems Limited in December 2017, for handling the disputes they are having with regard to their showrooms. They signed a retainership contract which eventually lasted for barely month since the law firm terminated the arrangement as soon as Choksi was named in the PNB scam. They also returned the retainership fee that was given to them through electronic transfer.

Further, we have learnt that in the one odd month of the contract, the legal firm did not handle any legal case nor did they offer any legal advice to Choksi. Yet, our source says, ‘The Wire’ may try to make this story into another “explosive” link between the scam-tainted Choksi and Finance Minister Jaitley. If this story is eventually published by ‘The Wire’, it is expected that it would be steeped in innuendo and nudge-nudge-wink-wink signs which would somehow link Jaitley with Choksi.

The timing of this potential report is crucial. It comes at a time when former Finance Minister Chidambaram is in the dock for the INX media case. Plus, Chidambaram is also in the gaze for signing a last minute order which primarily benefited Choksi’s and Nirav Mehta’s firms. A report which links Choksi to Jaitley then would make life much easier for Chidambaram.

So for some reason, ‘The Wire’ has decided not to cover a story on why Chidambaram, on the day 2014 Lok Sabha results were known, okayed a schemed that benefitted 13 private firms including that of Mehul Choksi and later the then RBI governor sanctioned that diluted 20:80 Gold Scheme five days before Modi took oath as the new Prime Minister. This glaring connection between Chidambaram, Raghuram Rajan and the Nirav Modi – Mehul Choksi scam has escaped the brave journalists at ‘The Wire’ completely.

Further, very recently the same leftist site published another half-baked report, trying to again link the revenue secretary to Nirav Modi. While the link failed miserably, enough innuendo was generated to again target the revenue secretary. The story was panned by all and when the reporter was point blank asked to specify where the official had flouted rules, there was no clear answer.

Amusingly, the bias that the TheWire has displayed in the coverage of this Nirav Modi – Mehul Choksi Bank scam is staggering. If one tries to search for details of the 20:80 Gold Scheme that P Chidambaram and Raghuram Rajan sanctioned in a hurry to benefit 13 firms including that of Mehul Choksi, one would only find an asinine article about 2 measly gold biscuits which some “anonymous bribe giver” dropped off, as an act of benevolence, to benefit Hasmukh Adhia, which Adhia later submitted to the government toshkhana. While the Scam has squarely landed on the Congress’ doorstep, TheWire, in all its “independent journalism” glory, and kept firmly shut on any Congress connection.

Only time will tell whether the latest hit-job story sees the light of day and whether it has any bite, besides the expected bark. OpIndia.com at the moment cannot confirm what the source claims, but the reputation of TheWire makes us believe that the above is certainly within the realm of possibility.
Most straight forward explanation.
Some congi brain bank like Ahmed Patel/abhisek singhvi would have advised the Nirav Choksi gang to approach jetli's daughter's law firm on the pretext of franchisee disputes at their jewellery showrooms just a month before flying coop from India.

Anyway as expected we have swamitards swarming on the cue of commies congies and aaptards already peddling conspirajjy theories that jetli managed the lutyens media and what not .
Tell you what,if there is anyone in PIF side who can put a leash on the lutyens media from time to time it would be jetli.
In this case he need not even do that .

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:24 pm

Lilo wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:17 pm
Some congi brain bank like Ahmed Patel/abhisek singhvi would have advised the Nirav Choksi gang to approach jetli's daughter's law firm on the pretext of franchisee disputes at their jewellery showrooms just a month before flying coop from India.
It could get more sinister than that. By all accounts, Nirav & Mehul were caught by "accident" and their employees were not even aware of the arrangement with PNB. If this were truly the case, then it does not make sense to blame the law firm for signing a legit contract with a reputable jewelry firm. If JetLi was in cahoots, he would not expose himself that badly.

If your theory above is correct, then Nirav Modi was deliberately outed by the C-system because his last name is quite convenient at this time. By extension, we can say that the outing of the other Modi as the first scam of the NDA administration also follows the same script.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:35 pm

If Narayan Rane was not enough now Naresh Agarwal is being inducted in party. Some one who abused Hindu God !

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:36 pm

Latest entrant to BJP after Narayan Rane is now Naresh Agarwal. Our new BJP leader called Jadhav a terrorist and abused Bhagwan Ram and Bhagwan Vishnu on the floor of the parliament. Also recently called Jaya Bachchan a 'nachne wali'. Welcome Dear Naresh Agarwal ji! All your past sins are now washed.

I am not complaining now lest zealots like fanne attack me and call me a snake.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:46 pm

BJP is a group of backstabbing *******s. Every single one of them. Hindutva party welcoming a blasphemous man. All you guys need to listen to what that guy said about Hindu gods. Now BJP pidis everywhere will come with a chanakyan theory behind this move.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:53 pm

The only thing may be this - this chap may have been given a lifeline to put pressure on Baap- Beta. May be this Agarwal chap knows a little too much about baap beta and their dough. If we suddenly see a breakup in SP-BSP, I will take my last post back and do shashtang pranam to Amit Shah. Otherwise, I am pissed.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:03 pm

CG sir, there's a limit to how much you compromise to win elections at the cost of your ideology, or your supporters' ideology. Inducting someone who abused the gods is a strict NO NO. From what I see in SM, people are far more pissed of at BJP than when NRane was taken in. People have some threshold limit as well and can compromise and still support BJP only to an extent.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:16 pm

^

There are no sacred cows. People forget this is war and IMHO there is nothing wrong with inducting Jaichands from the other side into your group as long as said person is not allowed to cause harm to the underlying cause.

The road is long and hard. The BIF will not give up easily, and neither will their handlers and supporters both within and without. Once the rot is cleansed (and we know it runs real deep), these people can be thrown out (like Jaichands were, by the victors).

Anything goes, we must win this war at all costs. Swallow the bile and continue.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:26 pm

^^
Does it look like they are fighting a "war" against BIF that you are suggesting?

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:34 pm

Karthik wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:26 pm
^^
Does it look like they are fighting a "war" against BIF that you are suggesting?
Look at it this way... will these bozos continue abusing our Gods? Gaurav Bhatia was a potent speaker for the other side until BJP roped him in. Now he goes around the channel circuit speaking all dharmic. If more such serial abusers are muted or even speak for the right side, it may not be too bad.

On the BIF side, there are those that truly drink the koolaid and those that follow orders to say what they say. It is the former that we never want on our side.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:44 pm

The "logic" given to induct Naresh Agrawal is - only his inclusion will enable RSS to gain one extra seat in RS and ensure that Mayawati is defeated. Because Mayawati has extra votes for SP and other secular parties, which may barely enable one more secular BSP candidate to win. Now Naresh Agrawal may be able to cut 2-5 secular MLAs, and those secular MLAs plus extra votes of RSS will enable RSS to defeat gain one RS seat and ensure that seculars have one less seat, May be Maywati will lose or someone else. And that will take RSS closer to 51% and 67% majority in both houses. And once Sri Modiji has majority in both houses, RSS will bring Ram Rajya will come into India !! And majority in both houses is needed to bring Ram Rajya in India !! And so to bring Ram Rajya, short term sacrifice has been made by inducting NA !!! Thats the logic. And the logic has numerical sense.

see http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... w-5095204/

Now is it politically worth the price? Well, I am anti-CoRaAp and so I should NOT comment on what is good or bad for CoRaAp. I knew before big bang that congress/rss/aap-leaders have one and ONLY one goal -- to win elections and get Ministries. And why do congress/rss/aap-leaders want Ministries? To bring Ram Rajya or collect bribes? Well, forget it.

All these congress/rss/aap will go to any extent for "election funds", votes, seats etc and of course all that is for long term greater good and NOT personal enrichment.

RSS-workers were all cursing AAP and ArKe when AAP auctioned away the RS seats a few months back. Now All rss-workers are praising chankian-ness behind movie to induct Rane and NA !! Suffices to say --- congress/rss/aap workers are over 100% defunct and believe only in seat grab
Last edited by MehtaRahulC on Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:45 pm

My greatest fear is that with such mercenaries & ex-sickulars now in BJP, the next Modi or Yogi will have to fight a lot harder to come to the top. These people are freeloaders who come with a huge baggage. Gaurav Bhatia etc are not comparable to Narayan Rane or Naresh Agarwal. Bhatia's job is not in the field, it is to speak in an AC studio and he does a damn well job at it. Raje & Agarwal will throw their weight around amongst BJP workers and eat BJP from inside out. That is my concern.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:03 pm

^
All valid fears, I agree. I am not suggesting this is going to be walk in the park. I would say that AS and Co. are well aware of the antecedents of the people who are coming into the party. Some argued against Himanta Biswas too, look how useful he has been. While these two guys may be real snakes and bite the hand that feeds them, they may also become useful countermeasures. I am no expert, but I am sure all of this has been thought of and put into the equation.

To me, the end result - Modi in power for at least one more term and then perhaps Yogi as PM in 2024 - is all that matters.

achoudhury
BGR Newbie

Post by achoudhury » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:08 pm

The outrage of Moral brigade on Naresh Agarwal and Rane joining BJP is so cute. It either emanates from ignorance of cause or stupidity or more likely fakery. How is cause weakened by Naresh Agarwal and Rane joining BJP? I have heard that in pursuit of power it is always better that a Camel is pissing outside from inside of tent then pissing inside from outside of tent. One thing is very clear in my view. 2019 is going to be all out war and it is always better to weaken the opposition by whatever means. Similar things were said when Himanta joined BJP and now see how is turning out to be a nemesis for congress. UP and Bihar is crucial for 2019 and BJP knows that. BJP is not fighting Rane and Naresh, it is fighting c-system and if a Naresh Agarwal and Rane can help then I will welcome them despite their unsavory past. Cause is bigger for me, not person.

Also, this obsession with purity must have been one of the primary reason why the converts to Islam could never come back to their roots. We must have looked down upon them if they ever tried to do so.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:17 pm

seriously ....giving excuse for inducting people like Naresh Agarawal who is far worse than Rane...one wonders where will this end. Why not include Ahmed Patel as final straw after all ends is more important than means. :mrgreen:

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:18 pm

seriously ....some are giving excuse for inducting people like Naresh Agarawal who is far worse than Rane...one wonders where will this end. Why not include Ahmed Patel as final straw after all ends is more important than means. :mrgreen:

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:30 pm

meh..this whole "purity" thing is not worth much in electoral material politics.

SM Krishna was inducted. he was a congie CM and central minister, a dyed in the wool secular and typical congie. if that means KA is won, I am willing to pay that price.

the opposition is all out in forming a MGB ....and the ones who claim to have lofty goals of "protect the civilization" are dissenting and not circling the wagons to protect against attacks from all directions.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:32 pm

to more important things -

karti has been remanded to tihar for couple weeks?

looks like his demands for separate cell, and home food etc were shot down, along with his plea that jail is not safe for him.

Not sure what happened to the narco test demand. I want him to be put under that and let's see if his swagger holds under drugs.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:35 pm

Indrad wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:18 pm
seriously ....some are giving excuse for inducting people like Naresh Agarawal who is far worse than Rane...one wonders where will this end. Why not include Ahmed Patel as final straw after all ends is more important than means. :mrgreen:
I would, if he spills the beans on everything and offers full cooperation in prosecuting mother son.

Yes, in electoral politics - winning election is more important than purity.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:35 pm

achoudhury wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:08 pm
The outrage of Moral brigade on Naresh Agarwal and Rane joining BJP is so cute. It either emanates from ignorance of cause or stupidity or more likely fakery. How is cause weakened by Naresh Agarwal and Rane joining BJP? I have heard that in pursuit of power it is always better that a Camel is pissing outside from inside of tent then pissing inside from outside of tent. One thing is very clear in my view. 2019 is going to be all out war and it is always better to weaken the opposition by whatever means. Similar things were said when Himanta joined BJP and now see how is turning out to be a nemesis for congress. UP and Bihar is crucial for 2019 and BJP knows that. BJP is not fighting Rane and Naresh, it is fighting c-system and if a Naresh Agarwal and Rane can help then I will welcome them despite their unsavory past. Cause is bigger for me, not person.

Also, this obsession with purity must have been one of the primary reason why the converts to Islam could never come back to their roots. We must have looked down upon them if they ever tried to do so.
You don't realize the stupidity of your own argument. Rane & Agarwal are no Himanta. Infact, I dare you to show me one post that abused Himanta on BRF. When you're fighting C-system, you don't become C-system yourself. Fighting poison does not mean you drink poison until you become the same venomous snake that you were fighting against.

Important thing is that unlike the die-nasty party & the Ghungroo seth party, BJP actually is grounds up organization, so my voice & your voice will be heard. If the workers on the ground will veto Agarwal or Rane, _they_ will be kicked out. So let us wait for them to speak.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:40 pm

I dare you to show me one post that abused Himanta on BRF.
himanta left because he wanted CM post and he was insulted by rahul's indifference.

he himself has admitted that he joined bjp to take revenge - not some sudden epiphany on bjp's cause and policies etc.

so when he joined, he did not join because of bjp's cause. in terms of "purity" he would have been unwelcome at that time, the only reason why he was spared that was the story of why he left appealed to our imagination of rahul's failures....so we cheered that

this naresh fellow or whatever, we don't know their story and i would not presume i know more than amit shah on the details. i trust amit shah to handle these things to get the party across the finish line and keep modi as PM for 5 more years. that's what is important.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:49 pm

SSundar wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:24 pm
Lilo wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:17 pm
It could get more sinister than that. By all accounts, Nirav & Mehul were caught by "accident" and their employees were not even aware of the arrangement with PNB. If this were truly the case, then it does not make sense to blame the law firm for signing a legit contract with a reputable jewelry firm. If JetLi was in cahoots, he would not expose himself that badly.

If your theory above is correct, then Nirav Modi was deliberately outed by the C-system because his last name is quite convenient at this time. By extension, we can say that the outing of the other Modi as the first scam of the NDA administration also follows the same script.
It is not by accident. SWIFT and CBS have existed separately since 2003. It is only in 2016 after the famed RR quit, That RBI has been putting circulars on reconciling the 2. That's where this probably found when implementing this.

https://buyerscredit.wordpress.com/2018 ... wift-rbi/

achoudhury
BGR Newbie

Post by achoudhury » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:02 pm

Chandragupta wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:35 pm
achoudhury wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:08 pm

You don't realize the stupidity of your own argument. Rane & Agarwal are no Himanta. Infact, I dare you to show me one post that abused Himanta on BRF. When you're fighting C-system, you don't become C-system yourself. Fighting poison does not mean you drink poison until you become the same venomous snake that you were fighting against.

Important thing is that unlike the die-nasty party & the Ghungroo seth party, BJP actually is grounds up organization, so my voice & your voice will be heard. If the workers on the ground will veto Agarwal or Rane, _they_ will be kicked out. So let us wait for them to speak.
If you had zero awareness of the situation in ground , you would have not made this silly argument. Rane has significant clout in Konkan and Naresh Agarwal is similarly very influential among Vaishya's of UP. Himanta was also accused of corruption by BJP before he joined. How do you know Rane or Agarwal will not help in defeating C-system. What option do they have left now? And in any case, how can they harm BJP? And how is BJP becoming C-system ? Keeping snake in own backyard is not same as drinking poison from that snake. You can make that snake to bite your opponent.

Lastly, get off your high horses. The horse you are riding is actually a donkey. And donkeys don't win battles.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:28 pm

looks like naresh is inducted to mess up the RS numbers for SP-BSP

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... w-5095204/
In a major setback to the tie-up of BSP, Samajwadi Party and Congress in Uttar Pradesh, Bharatiya Janta Party not only fielded its additional candidate at the last moment on Monday but SP MP Naresh Agarwal with his son Nitin Agarwal, who is sitting MLA from Hardoi also joined BJP, thus reducing the number of votes in favour of SP and BSP candidates, which is already short of votes.

Agarwal made it clear after joining that his son would vote in favour of BJP candidates in Rajya Sabha elections and complained that he was compared to the woman working in films, while selecting the candidate for Rajya Sabha. Agarwal is a sitting Rajya Sabha MP, whose term would end on April 2 along with nine other seats in Uttar Pradesh. The election on these 10 Rajya Sabha seats from Uttar Pradesh would take place on March 23.

BJP, which has enough numbers to elect only eight candidates to Rajya Sabha from Uttar Pradesh, fielded its ninth candidate – Anil Agarwal, who is chairman of HRIT Group of Institutes in Ghaziabad, making the task difficult for BSP candidate Bhim Rao Ambedkar, who was hoping to go to Rajya Sabha with the support of SP and Congress MLAs.
..more math on the numbers in the link..

RS elections are tricky. in KA..neither bjp or congress had numbers for another member, so mallayya contested with support of JDS and pulled through with support of some bjp members who would not vote for congress....and now they always get the stick as "BJP VOTED FOR MALLAYYA" - a factually true claim that on the surface..damns bjp for supporting mallayya.

this leadership is not letting go of RS seats...it fought fiercely for ahmed patel ..and now in UP as well.

I support this. This is total war. stop with the superficial reading of the play and insisting on purity blah blah.