The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
abhijit
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by abhijit » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:33 pm

Harshvardhan has asked scientists to develop zero pollution firecrackers. Really? A fire without smoke possible? really good if true.

SRoy
BGR Newbie

Post by SRoy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:34 pm

merlin wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:43 am
SRoy wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:07 pm
Break few BIF bones and things will fall in place. No one will then dare ask you what extra you did beside casting your vote.
The problem here would be the police that would side with RoP, RoL and BIF and all administrations (with a BJP one first in line) that would side with the police.

Now what?
merlin,

If people are oblivious to the solution then no can help.

Your remark is interesting.

First, it is not just your remark but quite a prevailing mindset among educated Hindus. Second, there is an tacit acceptance that the entire law and order framework, which draws its legitimacy from the constitution, is biased against Hindus. Third, there is an implicit stand that says a lopsided system has to be held sacrosanct and it is not subject to review.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:38 pm

abhijit wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:34 am

Good article. I will go one step ahead and will blame bjp for letting trust factor go down. All they need to do is to take a clear and loud stand against these issues but they have not. People can still have hope if they see 'ah bjp tried but enemy was more powerful. will fight next battle.' But this not happening. It doesn't cost them single paisa (or does it?) to take stand when comes to hindu festivals. But sigh.
I absolutely agree with this. Somehow BJP has been very weak in hitting back right from day 1. Starting with being blamed for Church attacks, to intolerance, to economy, to lynchings, you name it, the Congoon ecosystem goes on a viscous attack including at the international level, and BJP on the defensive. (Latest is Pappu mocking ModiJi for Trump kissing up to TSP. Can you imagine how much TSP will be laughing at this spectacle. I mean whether or not one likes ModiJi hugging Trump, its another thing to mock ModiJi for the whimsical behavior of a primate like Trump). Just most recently, why didn't BJP go hammer and tongs against Pappu for his no women in shorts comments. Can you imagine how the Congoons would have reacted when presented with such a juicy opportunity.

My hope is this. Somehow next couple of quarters the economic #s will improve, and that coupled with unabashed unapologetic Hinduthva is what will reelect BJP. None of this defensive crap, Cognoons attack, BJP counterattacks ferociously. Only development talk is not enough. As SuSwamy said, BJP must drive home 3 points: 1) reasonable economic development, 2) corruption free notwithstanding Congoons whipping up hysteria over an issue here or there like Amit Shah's son, and 3) Most important, emotional connect with the people with aggressive HInduthva.

Schmidt
BGR Newbie

Post by Schmidt » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:39 pm

RSS chief knocks some sense into the Government

https://www.pgurus.com/rss-chief-knocks-sense-govt/

From the article :
"I have written earlier that the BJP is the only party in the country, if not in the world, that torments its own constituency, be it shopkeepers or the salaried. The Atal Bihari Vajpayee regime gave its own constituency’s concern short shrift by trying to please liberals and appease Muslims; Modi has given up on his party’s core supporters in a bid to gain the support of the much more numerous poor people. As if the interests of Middle India were in conflict with those of the poor."

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:42 pm

Sicanta wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:53 am
It's been only half a year since big UP win and already we are discounting 2019.
In politics, half a year is aeons. Lets not be complacent. There is a huge negative image of BJP being built and one can feel that just talking to people. Unless BJP hits back and polarizes Congoons as corrupt traitors, this negative trend will continue.
Last edited by crams on Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:57 pm

|Jay Shah case is being blown over and part of every speech of pappu in Guj. Amit Shah should approach court that a wrong narrative is being created by using a case which is subjudice and factually incorrect.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:10 pm

^^^ Indeed, I cannot believe how Congoons have seized the narrative
Last edited by crams on Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:16 pm

Schmidt wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:39 pm

From the article :
"I have written earlier that the BJP is the only party in the country, if not in the world, that torments its own constituency, be it shopkeepers or the salaried. The Atal Bihari Vajpayee regime gave its own constituency’s concern short shrift by trying to please liberals and appease Muslims; Modi has given up on his party’s core supporters in a bid to gain the support of the much more numerous poor people. As if the interests of Middle India were in conflict with those of the poor."
This is misleading post. Your highlighted lines are not spoken by RSS chief. It's author opinion.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:24 pm

Schmidt wrote:

From the article :
He is right.

I think, there is nothing wrong in being pro poor, running programs for their welfare. This segment has been abused, used mercilessly for many years by all politicians and they need someone genuine like Modi to work for them. They will support if the benefits start reaching directly to them. However, the balance is that not to make things worse for the core constituency., i.e. salaried and small businesses. If he can do that he will sail through smoothly. RW like me, although vocal, but are minuscules and dispensable, and do not control election narrative.

Schmidt
BGR Newbie

Post by Schmidt » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:26 pm

syam wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:16 pm
Schmidt wrote:

From the article :
This is misleading post. Your highlighted lines are not spoken by RSS chief. It's author opinion.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have clearly said it is from the article !!!

I have not said it was uttered by Bhagwat .

Please don't create fake news within BGR for godsake

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:28 pm

Prashant P. Umrao‏Verified account @ippatel 1h1 hour ago
For complaining against Cow Slaughter, Banglore's Hindu Techie Nandini is attacked murderously by 'peaceful' gang. Bur It is not lynching!
This has been going on across the country. NM publicly spoke to gaurakshaks. I don't know what's the problem if he talks on this issue. More hindus have been killed by cow smugglers than those killed by so called gaurakshaks.

Mediacrooks rightly said, with 91% of pop hindu in Gj. NM found it easy to play hindutva card, as not many people on the other side. When it comes to India, he is finding that game difficult to play.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:29 pm

abhijit wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:24 pm
Schmidt wrote:

From the article :
He is right.

I think, there is nothing wrong in being pro poor, running programs for their welfare. This segment has been abused, used mercilessly for many years by all politicians and they need someone genuine like Modi to work for them. They will support if the benefits start reaching directly to them. However, the balance is that not to make things worse for the core constituency., i.e. salaried and small businesses. If he can do that he will sail through smoothly. RW like me, although vocal, but are minuscules and dispensable, and do not control election narrative.
Those very poor people face the brunt of mob violence and are left unprotected by the system.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:48 pm

Schmidt wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:26 pm
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dude, you posted big headline and excerpt.

Seems like you have an agenda to drive certain narrative.

Schmidt
BGR Newbie

Post by Schmidt » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:42 pm

syam wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:48 pm
Schmidt wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Dude, you posted big headline and excerpt.

Seems like you have an agenda to drive certain narrative.
-----------------------------------------------------

Back off , troll

I am not going to indulge with a reply

Hope the mods take notice of your behaviour

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:42 pm

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/ ... 74709.html

It seems even being out of power for so long C system has deep tentacles in MP police

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/ ... 74920.html

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:54 pm

http://www.thehindu.com/2004/05/27/stor ... 951000.htm
after BJP lost 2004 no less than Rajinder Sachar wrote this in Hindu, later he became CJI. Shows judiciary itself is extension of ecosystem.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:36 pm

Sachin wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:30 pm
KJo wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:50 pm
Sidda starts with his divisive politics again.
This is slightly old news (1-2 months olds). Own flag, then Hindi out of Namma Metro, Lingayaths encouraged to become another religion etc. were all of Siddu's latest "secular" moves.
PS: One reason for the Lingayaths to ask for a separate religion seems to be the much debated (at BRF and BGF) issue, i.e RTE. This community has lots of educational establishments.

Yes, but it had died down a bit. Looks like it's being revived.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:37 pm

syam and Schmidt, both please calm down and discuss other topics.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:31 pm

http://indianexpress.com/article/resear ... a-4890178/
fireworks have been part of Diwali since 15th century atleast
The use of fireworks in the celebration of the Diwali, which is so common in India now, must have come into existence after about 1400 AD, when gunpowder came to be used in Indian warfare,” stated late historian P K Gode in his account, “History of Fireworks in India between 1400 and 1900,” published in 1950.

Fireworks, like its primary ingredient Gunpowder, have a long history in India. Gunpowder — the accidental tenth or eleventh century invention of medieval Chinese alchemists — was early on dubbed as “devil’s distillate,” as it terrified and fascinated onlookers with its flash and bang. As its military use evolved in China, so did its show and gimmick value — right from the white smoke left in the wake of its open combustion. One historical conjecture is that the gunpowder technology, along with the first pyrotechnical mixtures for entertainment, was brought to India and Europe from China by the Arabs.

Fireworks in medieval Indian celebrations

One of the earliest notes of pyrotechnical shows in India is made by Abdur Razzaq, the ambassador from the Persian sultanate, who stayed in Vijaynagar in 1443 AD during the reign of Devaraya II. Describing the events of the Mahanavami festival, Razzaq wrote, “One cannot without entering into great detail mention all the various kinds of pyrotechny and squibs and various other arrangements which were exhibited”. Italian traveler Ludovico di Varthema who visited India in this period, made a similar observation while describing the city of Vijaynagar and its elephants: “But if at any time they (elephants) are bent on flight it is impossible to restrain them; for this race of people are great masters of making fireworks and these animals have a great dread of fire…”

Fireworks and pyrotechnic shows existed as a form of royal entertainment in many medieval Indian kingdoms during festivals, events and special occasions like weddings. Manufacturing formulas for fireworks describing pyrotechnic mixtures are found within Kautukachintamani, a Sanskrit volume by Gajapati Prataparudradeva (1497-1539), a reputed royal author from Orissa. Gode muses the possibility that Chinese pyrotechnic formulas were brought to India around 1400 AD and then modified with the use of Indian substitutes for the Chinese ones not available in India.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:33 pm

Shift temples from city centre, demands NGO
Coimbatore: Coimbatore Consumer Cause has petitioned the Hindu religious and charitable endowments department (HR&CE) demanding that they shift the three temples located on the national highway road in Gandhi
what happens when NGOs are not shown place https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... TOIDesktop

achoudhury
BGR Newbie

Post by achoudhury » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:46 am

abhijit wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:33 pm
Harshvardhan has asked scientists to develop zero pollution firecrackers. Really? A fire without smoke possible? really good if true.
He is a doctor and he exemplifies why I have doubts over any who became doctor during Congress Regime. I was in such a rage after I saw his tweet on green Deepawali, One thing is sure Delhi BJP is hopeless, hopeless beyond redemption.

achoudhury
BGR Newbie

Post by achoudhury » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:18 am

One thing which has occurred my mind but terrifies everyone I discuss with is this:

Many people would know the concept of Gun Range but for the benefit of people of who dont know, it is basically a large enclosed area where you are taught to fire guns. I dont know whether there is any law barring gun ranges in India. But, If there is a law then we should either repeal it or enact a new one to allow this; kind of watered down version of 2nd amendment of USA i.e not right to bear arms but able to practise freely on a regulated gun range. I think every Indic in India needs to know how to fire a gun. There are many states in India where this law will be helpful. Assam and Bengal readily comes to my mind.

merlin
BGR Newbie

Post by merlin » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:45 am

Primus wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:16 pm
merlin wrote:
SRoy wrote:
Break few BIF bones and things will fall in place. No one will then dare ask you what extra you did beside casting your vote.
The problem here would be the police that would side with RoP, RoL and BIF and all administrations (with a BJP one first in line) that would side with the police.

Now what?
The police always sides with whoever is in power, that will never change, so the first need of the hour is to remain in power. To do that, one needs to vote for the 'right' party. It is all a circular phenomenon. What goes around, comes around.
True they always side with whoever is in power. But BJP in power is the same as Congress in power when it comes to Hindu issues. So if Hindus sell firecrackers in NCR, guess what the police will do?

merlin
BGR Newbie

Post by merlin » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:51 am

SRoy wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:34 pm
merlin wrote:
SRoy wrote:

Now what?
merlin,

If people are oblivious to the solution then no can help.

Your remark is interesting.

First, it is not just your remark but quite a prevailing mindset among educated Hindus. Second, there is an tacit acceptance that the entire law and order framework, which draws its legitimacy from the constitution, is biased against Hindus. Third, there is an implicit stand that says a lopsided system has to be held sacrosanct and it is not subject to review.
1. Educated Hindus have no faith in the police enforcing the law, they have full faith that police is/will be political and side with the administration of the day or whoever they perceive has actual power.

2. With the constitution itself biased against Hindus, is it any surprise that the law and order framework is also so biased? The Indian constitution is a continuation of a colonial framework.

3. Lopsided system is in favour of the "establishment/system" so why would they review it?

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:42 am

Actually Jallikattu also got banned because of BJP. Remember Maneka Gandhi NGO.

If only our RW exposed BJP back then. Things would have been so different.