The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
KL Dubey
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by KL Dubey » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:03 pm

MehtaRahulC wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:13 am
Yogiji's (superficial) bold act is ensuring that
(1) Hinduvaadies dont notice higher birth rate in Islamists,
(2) Hinduvaadies dont notice Bangladeshi infilitration
(3) Hinduvaadies also dont notice massive growth in Missionaries' followers, and massive funds that Missionaries get via CSR and other means
Ingenious interpretation...but doesn't make sense. Hindoos in UP are already acutely aware of these issues, which is part of the reason why they elected the BJP. Strengthening the Hindoo religious and cultural traditions is one of the ways to keep people from being enticed to pervert to Moon or Cross.
The small / medium traders and manufacturers were big donors to temples and many sects. Notebandhi massively weakened them and GST is further weakening them. So their ability to fund their sects is decreasing, which against helps Missionaries.
Well, if crooked traders were funding Hindoo temples and sects, perhaps it is not such a bad idea that the system has been "cleansed" and refreshed. To your second point, are you telling me that the double-Crossers were not affected by demonetization, GST, FCRA blocks, etc ? I would say that these guys have been affected to a much greater extent than Hindoo temples and sects.
And Yogiji's superficial bold actions help Hinduvaadies in un-noticing all these trends going om/.
No.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:32 pm

BJP is loosing votes of Patels, but BJP is gaining votes of Dalits and OBCs, many of whom are anti-Patel !!!
Also, BJP has created a myth that BJP and Supreme Court has abolished triple talaq. Wheras reality is -- only 3 second TTT has benn abolished and 60 day TTT is still 100% legal. And over 99.5% TTT were 60-day-TTT. So BJP and supreme court judges have only killed a mouse and are claiming lion kill !! But many muslim women have started believing whatsapp video that modiji has ended BOTH TTT !! So some votes may come from segment too.
And many many Hindus, including Patels, fear that if congress comes, then problem of muslim criminals will rise. RSS has taken a smart step --- only keep islamist problem in superficial control and not end it , so that Hindus keep living in fear and keep voting for RSS. So 22 years ago, scared hapless Hindus voted for RSS = BJP. And even now they are scared and so will vote for RSS.
So BJP may not loose many seats - 120 seats out of 182 looks quite possible.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:09 pm

Aditya_V wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:40 am
I think Modi has done the right thing by bringing public focus on Pakistani- INC-Left connections in the open.
Absolutely, and I hope he continues to hammer this.

The reaction is along familiar lines:

1. Outright denial, but in a slimy way, while not denying the meeting with TSP and MMS et. al did take place, but say we deny in some bogus general terms and then can hide behind "Gujarat election was not discussed" denial

2. ModiJi is bringing TSP to communally polarize the electorate, namely, Pakis are the proxy ModiJi is using to polarize Hindus against Muslims

3. Oh so what, ModiJi also met other diplomats when in opposition

But Congoons must not be allowed to get away with these obfuscations. Fact is that TSP is an enemy country, and India's ex PM sitting down with TSP high commissioner is no small thing, they have to explain what was discussed. Of course, they will say "India TSP relations", but how dare they do that. They know India's official govt position, should they not take govt into confidence? As Aiyar puke puked, BJP looks at TSP as Muslims, and so f this was indeed the message conveyed to TSP, Congoons must admit it, and ModiJi should continue to pummel the bloody traitors.

As I mentioned aeons ago on BR, what we are seeing is a slow morphing of India's internal affairs to include TSP, namely, its "Hindu extremists" Vs "South Asians". Watch NYT/WP/Economist etc to also pile it on to ModiJi that he is invoking TSP ghost to hide his shortcomings and to target Indian Muslims. Only western white boys are allowed to obsess about Russia meddling in their elections, when India accuses TSP of the same, its paranoia of "Hindu extremists".

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:45 pm

^
The Congis are obfuscating for sure, because they have been caught with their pants down, pun intended. This is huge, if treated properly by the BJP and I agree completely with NaMo's approach on this. The media houses are complaining the BJP is using Pakistan to win Gujarat as it tried to do in other elections (BH and Delhi). However, this is a completely different level of stupidity on the part of the Congis - if it was that.

First they deny they ever met, then they have the chutzpah to say yes we met, but so what? Can you imagine a situation where the former PM of a country meets with the envoy of a nation - that it is perpetually at war with- and that too secretly, first denying and then challenging the government with belligerence?

The media of course takes this with the same seriousness as a f@rt in a hurricane, but this is extremely serious. The fact that Aiyar sent out that 'neech' comment after this meeting speaks volumes about a conspiracy afoot.

I do hope NaMo does not blunt his fangs after this election, win or lose. He needs to pull out all the stops. 2019 is less than 18 months away. He needs to capitalize on the momentum he has built up in Gujarat, keep hammering away at the long list of crimes the Cong was involved in.

One big advantage of being the PM, every thing you say is instantly seen, heard and read by every citizen of the nation. And he needs to keep saying it.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:23 pm

The other question this raises is why would an ex Army Chief attend this meeting. One can perhaps understand the diplomats and ministers who are/were all Cong pasand, but why Kapoor? was he also sympathetic to the old regime? I know he was appointed in MMS's time, but my understanding is that the Chiefs of the Services are independent of political influence, or at least should be. Maybe I am naive in this regard :-(

achoudhury
BGR Newbie

Post by achoudhury » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:49 pm

BJP's vote share in 2014 was 60% and INC got 33. To win Congoons need a swing of over 15%. Here is what has happened in Guj since 2014. Narmada water has reached far corners of Kutch and Saurashtra, and besides Bijllee, even piped water has reached 3/4th homes. There is no deterioration in L&O. Highways were excellent and almost every village has road connectivity. PMAY has picked up speed in last one year. On -ve side , Patidar Andolan and Una happened. Agri prices has come down but production has also increased. Private education in cities and semi urban places have become expensive as no one wants to send their kids to Govt schools. Demo is +ve event for BJP while GST has beeen slightly -ve. In this backdrop, I dont see how Congoons are even thinking of a win. BJP's win will be dependent on how much Patidar's swing to Hardick and counter mobilization by OBCs. BJP used to get abt 70% patidar votes. If they retain 50% , then expect 120 seats. If they retain 60% , then expect a tsunami.

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:12 pm

Which Gujrati in his normal mindset would vote for congress and Raga? No matter what BJP has achieved or under achieved. As the shop keeper thwarted Rajdeep's question on voting for BJP by saying - what is the alternative - aapke paas hai koi? - do you have anyone else?

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:44 am

achoudhury wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:49 pm
I dont see how Congoons are even thinking of a win.
Well, let me roughly paraphrase the Congoons' own Alimuddin Khan from Times Now Debate:

"We have 3 community leaders as our allies. Community A is 20% of population. Community B is 20% of population. Community C is 30% of population. So, Congress is sure to get 70% of the votes. We will win."

THAT's how the Congoons think, and they think it is a kosher message to share openly on National TV. This behavior is in Congoons' DNA. They truly believe that winning the vote is everything.

The problem is that India is full of people who want to give their vote to Congoons because somewhere in their minds, bigotry favoring their own caste/religion/class is more important than the Narmada water, electricity, good roads and massive bus stands the BJP provided. Besides, once you have had uninterrupted electricity and water for several months, you take it for granted and no longer feel the need to vote for the ones who gave it to you. You think these are here to stay. You want something more and better. Somewhere in there, you convince yourself that the BJP ran out of ideas and you need a change.

How would we know if Gujarat has crossed that threshold?

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:38 am

Leaving aside what was discussed and what was not, I find it astonishing that the entire Lutyen brigade does not see anything inappropriate in hob-hobnobbing with Pakis even as they continue with their unrelenting hostility. You gotta hand it to TSP at their 2-pronged strategy with their eye on firmly on the ball. On the one hand, they continue to hit India with their pigLeTs, and in the same breath they use the Lutyen cowards of India to show their charm.

Think about an imaginary dialogue between ISI honchos and their front men like Kasuri. ISI must be telling Kasuri, we will torment the Hindus, but you work with he deracinated jokers like Aiyar and Shukla and Co and lets sit back and watch the fun as Hindus fight each other.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:08 am

BJP should not let this go. Let it be blown out. MMS has no moral stand on pakistan issue. He was the one who wanted to make peace park of siachen, that too after 26/11. We have been waiting to confront congress on their pakistani friends. Let this be the time.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:37 am

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:48 am

Shefali Vaidya‏Verified account @ShefVaidya
Following Following @ShefVaidya
More
Husband @Dev_Fadnavis leading Christmas prayers, wife @fadnavis_amruta launching Be Santa campaign. Hallelujah! Praise be to the Lord! Harvesting souls in Maharashtra just became a lot easier!
Guys from MH, are fatnavis closet X ? That fatvanis seemed imbecile since beginning. Now this, kind of explains why he is very enthusiastically closing H schools using RTE and his divali cracker campaign etc.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:19 am

Karthik wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:48 am
More
Husband @Dev_Fadnavis leading Christmas prayers, wife @fadnavis_amruta launching Be Santa campaign. Hallelujah! Praise be to the Lord! Harvesting souls in Maharashtra just became a lot easier!
Guys from MH, are fatnavis closet X ? That fatvanis seemed imbecile since beginning. Now this, kind of explains why he is very enthusiastically closing H schools using RTE and his divali cracker campaign etc.

This is an unmistakable EJ event.

AMRUTA FADNAVIS‏Verified account @fadnavis_amruta

Met Senators & leaders at National Prayer Breakfast,Washington,presided by US President Donald Trump,for World Peace

Klnmurthy
BGR Newbie

Post by Klnmurthy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:41 am

Primus wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:23 pm
The other question this raises is why would an ex Army Chief attend this meeting. One can perhaps understand the diplomats and ministers who are/were all Cong pasand, but why Kapoor? was he also sympathetic to the old regime? I know he was appointed in MMS's time, but my understanding is that the Chiefs of the Services are independent of political influence, or at least should be. Maybe I am naive in this regard :-(
Sadly the higher echelons of the armed forces are not immune from what would honestly be described as treason. We have several examples of former Admirals (can't think of generals besides Gen. Kapoor for the moment) who have clearly been card-carrying members of BIF for all practical purposes.

I imagine that they don't see themselves that way--they have their own "idea of India" which seems (roughly) to be a continuation of the Mughal Empire's socio-political arrangement. As for the "other", long-suffering common man's India, it either doesn't concern them at all, or they regard any assertion of that "other" India with active hostility, an enemy to be subjugated at all costs.

I think that this meeting of a who's who of BIF with Kasuri and the Paki ambassador makes perfect sense in this context.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:51 am

Klnmurthy wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:41 am
Primus wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:23 pm
Sadly the higher echelons of the armed forces are not immune from what would honestly be described as treason. We have several examples of former Admirals (can't think of generals besides Gen. Kapoor for the moment) who have clearly been card-carrying members of BIF for all practical purposes.

I imagine that they don't see themselves that way--they have their own "idea of India" which seems (roughly) to be a continuation of the Mughal Empire's socio-political arrangement. As for the "other", long-suffering common man's India, it either doesn't concern them at all, or they regard any assertion of that "other" India with active hostility, an enemy to be subjugated at all costs.

I think that this meeting of a who's who of BIF with Kasuri and the Paki ambassador makes perfect sense in this context.
the (dis)honored guest list.

I think a few may be missing or deliberately kept hidden

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:18 am

chetak wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:19 am
Karthik wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:48 am
More

This is an unmistakable EJ event.

AMRUTA FADNAVIS‏Verified account @fadnavis_amruta

Met Senators & leaders at National Prayer Breakfast,Washington,presided by US President Donald Trump,for World Peace
Indeed, this guy needs to be booted out, WTH are NM and AS thinking? I am beginning to wonder if they even care about yindoos.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:30 am

A wannabe couple that badly wants in the EJ-Jehadi-Bollywood-Liberal nexus. I wonder what Modi saw in Fadanvis who has ZERO mass appeal and made him the Maha CM.

SRoy
BGR Newbie

Post by SRoy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:53 am

A said it FIRST and a hundred times in GDF@BRF and I will say it a million times here. FatNavis is a libtard jerk.
There are BRFItes that keep on praising him despite evidence in media (his actions single mindelytargeting Hindus) that appears periodically.

Deans
BGR Newbie

Post by Deans » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:55 am

Chandragupta wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:30 am
A wannabe couple that badly wants in the EJ-Jehadi-Bollywood-Liberal nexus. I wonder what Modi saw in Fadanvis who has ZERO mass appeal and made him the Maha CM.
I agree that Mrs DF has an unfortunate fascination with Bollywood, but I would still give the benefit of doubt to DF's Hindutva credentials.

Modiji's CM choices have, by and large, had 4 things in common.
1. They are not from the dominant caste (an audacious and long term project to get out of caste politics).
2. Young - Will be in office after 2019.
3. Hard working and personally clean image
4. Strong RSS/ Hindutva credentials. (Not just DF, but his father had strong Jan Sangh/ RSS roots).
I don't think there were too many alternate candidates who met these criteria.

Being seen at these kind of events , sends positive signals to the sickular elite, without DF actually doing anything specific to dilute his
and his party's core ideology. Among his first decisions, were the beef ban and scrapping the job quota for Muslims. He has also done exemplary
drought relief work in rural Maharashtra.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:05 am

Karthik wrote:Guys from MH, are fatnavis closet X ? That fatvanis seemed imbecile since beginning. Now this, kind of explains why he is very enthusiastically closing H schools using RTE and his divali cracker campaign etc.
More than that, perhaps we may have to check his upbringing/schooling etc. There are lots of Hindus (from the so called forward castes) who have been put through X'ian schools, who some how strongly believe that only Missionaries can do educational activities, and would also thus generally sympathise with any Missionary activity. This may be also due to a genuine/sincere belief that these people did "gain" by being to such schools and so every Missionary activity may be "good" to others as well. The actual threat of "evan-jehadism" is not recognized by many people in India, when compared to the vanilla "jehadism".
Klnmurthy wrote:Sadly the higher echelons of the armed forces are not immune from what would honestly be described as treason. We have several examples of former Admirals (can't think of generals besides Gen. Kapoor for the moment) who have clearly been card-carrying members of BIF for all practical purposes.
The Army seems to be pioneers in this as well. Because way back in 1962 itself there were strong allegations that P.N Thapar, Gen. B.M Kaul etc. became what they became mainly to being in Banditji's good books. Karan Thappar has also been doing a yeomenry job in sucking up to the Nehru-Ghandi clan, even 55 years down the line. So superior defence ranks being given out on political connections is not some thing new. Which also means, that such appointed officers have also shown their "political ambitions/likings" much before that, due to the way Army senior rank appointments take place.
Chandragupta wrote:A wannabe couple that badly wants in the EJ-Jehadi-Bollywood-Liberal nexus. I wonder what Modi saw in Fadanvis who has ZERO mass appeal and made him the Maha CM.
Surprised that even organisations like RSS got hood-winked by this gent. Because BJP and RSS have been other wise quite good in identifying turncoats/suspects amongst their superior ranks and sidelining them (Riot-Purush, the two Singhas, Arun Shourie etc. etc.). Don't know if Fadnavis' caste gave him some clout with the Sangh's top echelons.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:28 am

I am more concerned about the corruption Amruta Fadnavis might be involved in. She got a bollywood singing assignment and now she is a brand ambassador for something. She wouldn't have got none if not her husband's CM post. All her extra curricular activities are going to bite Fadnavis and BJP In the ass.

Added Later:
AMRUTA FADNAVIS‏Verified account
@fadnavis_amruta
7h7 hours ago
More
launched-Be Santa-campaign, as Ambassador for @927BIGFM - to collect gifts from people -for poor children ,to bring smiles to their faces during this Christmas.Drop ur gifts at nearest @927BIGFM & Feel the joy -as best way to multiply your happiness is by sharing it with others🎅
BIGFM Is probably Anil Ambanis's firm. Not good signs at all.
There has been a complete transformation in her after her husband became the CM. She lost weight which is good. But she has become much more fashionable with her clothes and make up. No problem there too but for the questionable connections.
Last edited by hanumadu on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:41 am

Rahul seems pretty confident on gujrat result. May be preparing for evm ghotala if congress loses.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:44 am

hanumadu wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:28 am
I am more concerned about the corruption Amruta Fadnavis might be involved in. She got a bollywood singing assignment and now she is a brand ambassador for something. She wouldn't have got none if not her husband's CM post. All her extra curricular activities are going to bite Fadnavis and BJP In the ass.

Added Later:
AMRUTA FADNAVIS‏Verified account
@fadnavis_amruta
7h7 hours ago
More
launched-Be Santa-campaign, as Ambassador for @927BIGFM - to collect gifts from people -for poor children ,to bring smiles to their faces during this Christmas.Drop ur gifts at nearest @927BIGFM & Feel the joy -as best way to multiply your happiness is by sharing it with others🎅
BIGFM Is probably Anil Ambanis's firm. Not good signs at all.
There has been a complete transformation in her after her husband became the CM. She lost weight which is good. But she has become much more fashionable with her clothes and make up. No problem there too but for the questionable connections.
No issues if she already has a glittering career. But this seems like milking husband's position for self gain. Cant categorize it as corruption, but unethical it is. But why single out her when there are countless precedence.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:14 am

She is acting like an over excited social climber. It doesn't matter if there are precedences, it matters that Modi hand picked Fadanvis.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:15 am

Mean-e-while, the freak parade of absurd statementitis continues on the GJ polls...