The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by MehtaRahulC » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:15 am

Raju wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:48 pm
NM has successfully broken the growing economy, I am sure given another term be will use his 'genius' to break something else as well. His only success to date has been winning UP elections for his party.
Are your serious or just sacrcasming? :shock:

IIRC, you were pro-Modiji since ... 2000 BC !!! And now you sound more anti-Modiji than I am (I am anti-SoMoKe, not just anti-NaMo)
I blame Modiji only for his deliberate decisions NOT to take steps need to fix the economy. But really dont blame him per se for the mess. The mess was collectively made by Nbjprie of past several decades --- say 20-25 years. Modiji is just like another Nbjprie of India - just a taller one and one who has more paidmedia hype due to money his sponsors spent in paidmedia. But from day-1 he joined politics some 45 years back, like over 88% who join politics, he too decided to depend on nefarious elitemen for career , and he never changed track.

So now question before us is --- what should be activists and voters do now? I gave my answer to this question in previous post
Some postors are saying that we should do nothing till may-2019, and in may-2019, simply vote for RSS once again !! Thats like giving same input to a program and hoping that output will be different. One after another RSS-leader, such as Fadnavis or Venkiah Naidu, has become vocal supporter of Missionaries. Adityanathjis keep showing superficial Hinduvaad so that Hinduvaadies remained glued. And Modiji tacitly support Missionaries by calling gorakshaks goonda and openly support USUK-elitemen by handing over sectors of economy to them. And this will ONLY worsen when Modiji/RSS come back to power in may-2019 .

So voting for congress/aap is like choosing a doc who gives poison instead of medicine. And voting for rss is same as choosing doc who gives much less poison, but refuses to give medicine. So imo solution is to work to create a third alternative

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:31 am

manju wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:28 am
Ayyo rama... so much b!tching... mods.. pls take away the mike from these guys :rotfl:
The problem with posts like the above is that it adds no more value than trolling. How is pointing out the "bitching" helpful to progressing the conversation?

What you fail to grasp is that there is genuine frustration and unease with modi in his voter base. So many people i speak to offline have grievances. Some of these are genuine and some are perceived. These are people who voted for modi in 2014 and want a reason to do so again.

Either way, dismissing them without understanding will only lead to 2004. All the :rotfl: :rotfl: won't help india then. Instead a better way is to use facts to destroy the wrong perceptions and pressure the govt to make the right changes

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:41 am

Trilobite wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:26 am
Raju wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:48 pm
NM has successfully broken the growing economy, I am sure given another term be will use his 'genius' to break something else as well. His only success to date has been winning UP elections for his party.
That's not the only damage is he has done. In terms of results he has been quite lackluster so far and I don't see what he is going to accomplish in the remaining 1-1/2 years he has left.
Even if we go by the argument that nothing has improved over the past 40 months (I think the truth is somewhere in the middle- poor have been helped, no scams, using aadhar as a tool to prevent leakage etc) the problem is, who else is there that is better?

I seek more changes and more improvement too. But who do I vote? The same lot that kept india a third world country for the past 70 years?? If nit them, then some names might be helpful..

While it is important that we get the government to hear our grievances, it is also important that we dont scuttle the progress made thus far.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:52 am

Aditya_V wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:13 am
I think the easiest thing to do is mother hood statements without facts.

Why not give the Budget deficit data from 2005-17. Revenue deficit data. Bank prime lending rates. Year wise Chinese imports from 2004-17. Subsidy Bill outflow. Electricity generation data.

The problem with BIF crowd is they are very short on facts and high on Bombast.
Aditya, did you see the video of Prof R Vaidhyanathan I posted yesterday? Or few other videos and news articles that's being posted here? Is economy the primary case in point of issue here that critics (or BIF to you) are talking about ? money and economy are not the only priority for people (thankfully).

Remember or have you seen this video?

People are posting their observations, not to have a debate with you. But when you want to debate, first learn to understand what is being talked about rather than posting away some parallel points. I can say your retort to anything critical of BJP is indulging in rona dhona by calling others BIF etc.

India is where it is economically despite the govt not because of the govt, am sure many of us here are or know people born into middle class (or even lower) who are now very well off. It's primarily because of education (how is govt's HRD ministry doing btw) and self development. What people would like is for the govt to do away all those regulations and rules that act as barriers and create opportunities, avenues for individuals and entrepreneurs to grow. Govt is doing what's it's supposed to do in economic matters, what is expected of it, but that's NOT the ONLY job of this govt atleast. If that's the only thing it's going to bother about, good luck going forward. It's not that people will vote for other party, every heard of NOTA or not-voting ?
Last edited by Karthik on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:53 am

MehtaRahulC wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:02 am
So by jan-2019 , we may be able to have TRUE nationalist, true secular and non-anti-Hindu political electoral alternatives. And that will answer your question, "whom should we vote for may-2019"
I agree that we should incubate more nationalistic leaders, indic leaders etc... but this takes time and during that time, society demands that we have someone to run the country. So your answer is a non-answer since you point to a leader in the future with elections today. In such an event, we have to go with the least worst. And unless you can point to a living, breathing one today, you haven't answered the OP's question as to "who"?
In short, do what I have been doing since 1998 :mrgreen:
This part brilliantly highlights the issue. You've been doing this for 20 years and while I admire your quest and determination to improve the country there hasnt been any such leader you can name. Imagine we didn't elect anyone during your search, see the problem?

So elect the least worst while grooming/searching for a better leader should be every indic's job.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:08 am

Why does everyone who says a word against Modi become a BIF agent here?

I am sure people are allowed to criticise Modi. This is not emergency. I will vote for him again in 2019 but only because TINA. I am disappointed in Modi because he has the Prithviraj syndrome. Not going for the jugular and allowing the Congi ecosystem to thrive under his nose. After 2014, he should have completely replaced the Congi coterie in Bureaucracy but he did not. He kept on harping on SSSV. There is a palpable fear of being politically incorrect. Government departments are still being run by Congis and they are doing whatever they can to sabotage Modi & his government.

The RSS President, VP etc are all going more secular than secular. What is the need for all this? Why not keep mouth shut?

There are legitimate concerns regarding Modi government and discussing those does not make anyone a Congi agent.

I have a problem with Modi doing self-promotion all the effing time. Crying in Facebook HQ, hugging Obama, meeting Bollywood gandus who lobbied for his US visa to be rejected, his cabinet ministers launching books of journos who wished Modi to die of Swine flu. No ruthlessness at all.

All I want now is Modi ji to warm the gaddi till 2024 for Yogi.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:39 am

praveen patil is active again btw.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:23 am

Your English is good, don't waste court's time: AAP's Ashutosh fined for trying to derail proceedings https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 400501.cms

Ashutosh of AAP fame (got) drafted a letter in English to prove he doesn't know English to prove Jaitley was misunderstood by him (!!)
Court truly took him to cleaners! (hell Yeah!)

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:24 am

UP Police Twitter service reaches 3 lakh people, resolves 92% cases
The UP Police Twitter service played a major role in improving the police image in the public eye with its instant response and proper action on people’s complaints in 2017. http://www.hindustantimes.com/lucknow/u ... oXJGL.html

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:25 am

Quint (NDTV portal) has done what ISI expected them to..they published an article claiming Kulbhushan Jadhav is a RAW spy, two RAW chief were against his recruitment and then retracted the story.
This article is now Pakistan's toast http://www.hindustantimes.com/lucknow/u ... oXJGL.html

@MinhazMerchant
17h17 hours ago
More
.@TheQuint case isn't about press freedom. It's about knowingly endangering the life of an Indian citizen held captive by a hostile terrorist state. In liberal democracies like US & Britain such cases attract swift prosecution

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:40 am

Now, NIA to probe Hadiya's husband Shefin Jahan for terror links
National Investigation Agency (NIA) probing the Love Jihad case in Kerala has obtained permission from the NIA court to question two accused of suspected ISIS links to gather information on Hadiya's husband, Shafin Jahan.
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/nia- ... 24712.html

Dumal
BGR Newbie

Post by Dumal » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:06 am

Chandragupta wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:08 am
I am disappointed in Modi because he has the Prithviraj syndrome. Not going for the jugular and allowing the Congi ecosystem to thrive under his nose. After 2014, he should have completely replaced the Congi coterie in Bureaucracy but he did not. He kept on harping on SSSV. There is a palpable fear of being politically incorrect. Government departments are still being run by Congis and they are doing whatever they can to sabotage Modi & his government.
This is not a response specifically this post Chandragupta-ji. Nothing personal at all! I am just counting this as one of several dozen posts here that take a similar line.

For every bleeding wound felt by the majority right-wing, the most that can be done by Modi/BJP today is to stop the bleeding if at all as possible and at best to stabilize the situation. If one wants a hale and healthy Hindu community that will look like the mythical freshness of youth but that has been ravaged by those outside and inside for hundreds of years, we are not going to get that, unfortunately, ever. Can we ask ourselves what we have done for all this, all this time? Is our answer only "voted for Modi in 2014" and with that we expect everything to be shiny new?

For every need and want of the right, in today's world, Modi/BJP has to equally take care of the common needs and wants of all of India and the specific needs and wants of each of the other communities, as long as they are sensible and lawful. And in doing so, the country needs to be patient since the time and resources to do things are finite.

We should have learned (if we are anyone other than Subbu Swamy, even he is probably faking it!) that cleansing the bureaucracy, the judicial system, the prosecution/police, etc etc., will not be completed fully even if you have another 10 years. E.g., even 3-4 years ago we knew who the CJI's will be until 2024 or so and nothing can change that, practically speaking. When was the last time a Congi, one of some heft, was convicted of some wrong-doing? AR Antulay? Their ecosystem is not one that can easily be penetrated by our prosecution and judicial system. Let's stop wasting our life wailing about all of this.

What needs to happen is hard work in real time responding to dynamically changing situations (such as a huge win in UP followed by a narrow escape in GJ, etc) that turns the ship around over time slowly but surely. IMO, I haven't seen anything else other than this in these past 3.5 years.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:12 am

One thing to critise Modi, but why give clean chit to INC-left - lets also discuss the amount of influence this and organisations within India who have ties to foreign entities. In such a situation allowing INC system to survive is a Nothing but vote to BIF. INC mukt Bharat is a first step to anyone who wishes anything other than a poor and broken India.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:48 am

Guys, get all frustration out of your system by 2019 but lets make sure 2019 is not another 2004.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:02 am

abhijit wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:48 am
Guys, get all frustration out of your system by 2019 but lets make sure 2019 is not another 2004.
+1.

Can't afford a repeat of 2004. No way any bunch of slimy leftie sickulars get into power by default due to internecine bickering among argumentative PIFs.

I see the Bahmani turds joining forces to take on Vijayanagara. No way we allow a repeat of Tallikota. Period.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:27 am

Chandragupta wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:08 am
I am disappointed in Modi because he has the Prithviraj syndrome. Not going for the jugular and allowing the Congi ecosystem to thrive under his nose. After 2014, he should have completely replaced the Congi coterie in Bureaucracy but he did not. He kept on harping on SSSV. There is a palpable fear of being politically incorrect. Government departments are still being run by Congis and they are doing whatever they can to sabotage Modi & his government.

The RSS President, VP etc are all going more secular than secular. What is the need for all this? Why not keep mouth shut?
There are legitimate concerns regarding Modi government and discussing those does not make anyone a Congi agent.

I have a problem with Modi doing self-promotion all the effing time. Crying in Facebook HQ, hugging Obama, meeting Bollywood gandus who lobbied for his US visa to be rejected, his cabinet ministers launching books of journos who wished Modi to die of Swine flu. No ruthlessness at all.

All I want now is Modi ji to warm the gaddi till 2024 for Yogi.
+1
but I will still support Modi all out cos I don't want a 2004 redux.
Just an addition: IAS lobby is very loyal to congress and most of them are hedging bets even if working for modi at the moment, consider this first hand experience.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:38 am

Look at it from Babus and judicial system perspective.

1. Many are corrupt and C system is where corruption and money making is encouraged. Ties to Foreign Govts. to make Foreign friendly decisions are.
2. India has never voted 2 terms of 5 years to keep the INC- Left system out of power.
3. C system with tonnes of corrupt system money bankrolls the media. Going against them can get you crucified easily.

Unless the people can show they have made a break from C system politics for atleast 2 5 year terms. This clicks will not stop acting the way they do.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:04 pm

Meanwhile in KA...
ANI‏Verified account @ANI Following Following @ANI
When Yogi Adityanath came to Karnataka day before, Siddaramaiah started speaking of Hindutva. On Adityanath's 2nd visit,Siddaramaiah said 'There is 'Ram'&'Siddha' in my name'. If he comes again Siddaramaiah will definitely say 'Jai Shri Ram': Karnataka BJP leader Arvind Limbavali
https://twitter.com/ANI/status/950307821597306881

Heh. Like one tweeper said:
Oldtimer @auldtimer 6m6 minutes ago
Even Kar BJP seems surprised by the popularity Yogi enjoys in the state.
Here's another:
हम भारत के लोग @India_Policy 8h8 hours ago
Interesting to see BJP projecting Yogi as a national leader, so early in his CM tenure. No other CM got this privilege in his her/first term.
I doubt The Yogi is "being" projected. It is grassroots based "pull" demand that is getting him so many rally invitations. Heck, would anyone stop a DevF or VRaje if they were invited to KA too?

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:17 pm

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 413163.cms

Rahul Gandhi on ME tour: to meet prince of Bahrain. wasn't he the same person to have mocked Modi for videsh yatra?

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:21 pm

Indrad wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:17 pm
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 413163.cms

Rahul Gandhi on ME tour: to meet prince of Bahrain. wasn't he the same person to have mocked Modi for videsh yatra?
Fund collection for 2019?

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:39 pm

and raga is in suit boot himself!
to address Indian diaspora Modi style

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:28 pm

India’s Economic Woes Are Piercing Modi’s Aura of Invulnerability (NYT)

Now NYT does a $hit-piece, sounding all balanced and sophistry-cated and all. 'Invulnerability'? Really? The man has panache and made it seem easy but was always poised on the edge of a precipice, tightrope walking, fundamentally changing India.

Expect all our dhimmedia moron outlets to fall over themselves to regurgitate this bilge.

More than that, this could well be a c-system signal for all lootyeNGO vultures to dance around a new drumbeat. Perhaps.

That said, firing that asshat Jaitley can't be a bad move at this stage now. If previous NM voters like the bania community demand that the past screwups see heads roll, well, why not offer Jai Italy's scalp. one stone, 2 birds and all that. Just saying only.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:58 pm

Mean-e-while, INC in KA adopts the WB playbook of jihadidi and CPM...

Govt enrolling illegal Bangla immigrants in voters' list: BSY (Deccan Herald)
"My information is that already two lakh immigrants have been enrolled in the voters' list illegally," he [BSY] said.
BSY garu, if you have such info, kindly ensure the EC knows and culls out such names. At least make a hue and cry about it, on a daily basis doing relay-dharnas and agitations in front of INC offices and EC offices. Only.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:52 pm

Read and weep.

The BJP's own lootyens fence is beginning to eat the crop. :evil:

Arun-Jaitleys-finance-ministry-transfers-top-income-tax-officers-probing-ndtv-frauds

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:34 pm

Jetli has to go. At this point, he's become a liability for long game