The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Vikas
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by Vikas » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:51 pm

So as per some posters here, NM has no idea on how to run the country or do things that are needed to uplift the country, Jetly is a chor and incompetent moron like PC. BJP spokesperson on TV are useless and both BJP and INC are equal-equal.
and if he can not control corruption at the level of Babu, declare war on Pakistan, bitch slap China, withdraw RTE, Free temples, Fire Fadnavis and Raje and break alliance with PDP, cause fissures in Muslim community, individually check antecedent of each and every person employed by GoI, then he too is part of BiF. It is like asking why he is not acting like Anil Kapoor in Nayak.

Seriously!!! I mean what defaq...and yet BJP has trounced opposition in almost all the elections except for Bihar (they were minor player in Punjab).

Sridhar k
BGR Newbie

Post by Sridhar k » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:42 pm

Vikas ji, when Modi got elected, everyone were hoping that he would be fulfilling their respective wet dreams. Perhaps he may become a victim of his own persona as the fence sitters may not vote for him like last time. Most supporters biggest fear is that BJP loosing the narrative will result in a NDA loss or NDA not getting complete majority. Even if he scrapes through, we cant expect anything.more than what he has done so far with this majority
We cant afford an NDA loss in 2019 and we cant but lament that he is loosing the narrative in Urban India

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:52 pm

Primus wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:10 pm

In the US certainly, 'they' know everything about you. People can look up where I live on google maps, get such close views of my house that they can see my cars parked in the driveway. Then they can look up how much I paid for my house and when, what it is worth today, how much my taxes are etc.
First of all, US people are some of the most brainwashed people on earth. They make a huge hue and cry about privacy, but they voluntarily and shamelessly reveal so much about themselves from the color of their underwear to how many times a week they have sex and how :-). As you point out, on substantive issues, privacy is pretty much a joke in US, the powers to be know everything about you in a heartbeat. And when it comes to 'them', particularly, Muslims, they have a 360 degree view of every Muslim and their shadow. So all this endless talk in US about privacy is harping on stuff that is already well taken care of and they beat it to death to give the pervasive impression that privacy is fool proof. And finally, when it comes to hacking, nobody can beat US. Recall how they cleaned up Iran nuclear reactors through stuxnet. Our eunuch low IQ DDM follow US propaganda like brain dead zombies.

I recall another hilarious example. Several years ago, during the release of Iphone 3 or 4, can't recall, there was a huge hue and cry about some security/privacy bug. There was hype around how Apple is out to get you yada yada. Many predicted doomsday for Apple. But guess what, iPhone sales sky rocketed :-). So much for US people's concern for privacy. Yes, there is, but for trivialities. Substantive privacy issues are buried under the rug. Nobody questions them. And need I remind everyone of NSA surveillance. I mean something like that in a democracy is unbecoming. But yet, not a single head rolled, people just accepted after all the hoopla.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:32 pm

crams wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:52 pm
Primus wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:10 pm

In the US certainly, 'they' know everything about you. People can look up where I live on google maps, get such close views of my house that they can see my cars parked in the driveway. Then they can look up how much I paid for my house and when, what it is worth today, how much my taxes are etc.
First of all, US people are some of the most brainwashed people on earth. They make a huge hue and cry about privacy, but they voluntarily and shamelessly reveal so much about themselves from the color of their underwear to how many times a week they have sex and how :-)..................

I mean something like that in a democracy is unbecoming. But yet, not a single head rolled, people just accepted after all the hoopla.
Exactly, people scream and shout over loss of privacy but continue to do everything to perpetuate the same. Having a shiny new phone and being in touch with everyone 24X7, posting the pictures of every meal you have, that is what drives society today. Being glued to a smartphone screen all the time is pathological and there are many who suffer from this malady.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:14 pm

Neela wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:48 pm
A long time ago on another forum, I had hoped and prayed GoI to cleave/ divide&rule the Muslim folk of India.

I hope the event below was engineered by GoI.

Madrasas providing misplaced religious education, should be affiliated to CBSE, ICSE: Shia body

Looks like the Sunnis have taken strong objection to the above.
the congis have always been pro sunni and by default not supportive of the shias.

The shias are now getting their own back by shafting the sunnis.

It would be beneficial to widen this divide.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:28 pm

a bunch of people who would never win any election (that's including THE MEHTA, who at least has guts to contest)...

want to give advice to the man who has not lost a single election. (I don't count BH as a loss as BJP retained their expected voteshare, and eventually they did get back to power, and I am going to exclude Delhi as an exception).

And on top of that, we just LOVE to blame the "fickle" rural voters who don't know what is good for them in the long term and vote accordingly.

Just what are the whiners doing here then?

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:47 pm

Vikas wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:51 pm
So as per some posters here, NM has no idea on how to run the country or do things that are needed to uplift the country, Jetly is a chor and incompetent moron like PC. BJP spokesperson on TV are useless and both BJP and INC are equal-equal.
and if he can not control corruption at the level of Babu, declare war on Pakistan, bitch slap China, withdraw RTE, Free temples, Fire Fadnavis and Raje and break alliance with PDP, cause fissures in Muslim community, individually check antecedent of each and every person employed by GoI, then he too is part of BiF. It is like asking why he is not acting like Anil Kapoor in Nayak.

Seriously!!! I mean what defaq...and yet BJP has trounced opposition in almost all the elections except for Bihar (they were minor player in Punjab).
sirji, no one doubting Modi.

He + AS are the prime movers hauling the useless and empty wagons of most of the BJP ministers barring a few. This is true in states as well as the centre.

It's time that most of the others stepped up to the plate.

2019 is not so far away and the large body of work in progress and that already completed needs to he highlighted, improved where required or rejigged to show some voter recognised value that can be encashed at the polling booths.

But, I would say that Modi + AS are still in the development mode and maybe after the budget, they will pick up the pace and hit their stride in full election mode.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:05 pm

I don't get the jetli hate and the susa love here.

susa is good at one thing and one thing only - doggedly pursuing cases in our labyrinthine judicial system.

in pretty much everything else, he is a motormouth and loose cannon. He carries a huge ego and is not one to 'take one for the team' guy and instead would bring down the team because he did not get to open the batting.

who is this amazing finance guy who would have turned things around amazing, that we are losing out because jetli is FM ???
other than some slips and back-and-forths and confusing messaging on some tax issues - what are the major crimes of jetli in policy?

don't blame macro policy on jetli, that is set by or has buy-in from modi and modi is ultimate responsible for all macro policy.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:09 pm

compare jetli with our previous FMs -

Chidambaram ..Pranab..MMS..Jaswant..Yashwant sinha

I think I'll take jetli any day over this crowd.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:40 pm

The BGR mods have not established a Modi Sarkaar Whines thread like the one that was created on BRF. High time for this.

I dont know if the website technology allows this, but one more idea: perhaps an intermediate step to banning posters would be to restrict them to posting on the Whines thread.

In addition to the poster titles such as Newbie, BGRite etc, can Whiner be a title for some habitual cases?

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:53 pm

Hunkar rally organised to launch Jignesh Mewani failed spectacularly as only 200 people turned up for the rally many of them JNU faculty, and modi baiters like John Dayal(!). Rest were media wala.

Before the rally @DelhiPolice were expecting a gathering of around 5000 at #YuvaHunkarRally , however it seems only 200 turned up compelling the police to withdraw 80% of their deployment.

Naxals have left with warning they will return. Notably Jignesh told in rally we are love shuv guys (meaning not hate guys) :rotfl:

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:55 pm

naxals-EJs-mediawalas-JNU-lal jhanda types...this picture from hunkar rally sums it up

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:12 pm

yea man..bad modi, bad jetli..

let's bring rahul gandhi to power

umar khalid as defence minister

shehla rashid as human rights commission

mevani as oppressed caste reparation and rehabilitation minister

kanhaiya as home minister

chidambaram as finance

tharoor as external affairs..like literally affairs with external enemy honeypots

arundhati roy in the newly revamped NAC extra constitutional authority that can block any program

PETA people in animal welfare and agri board

radia running the lobbies and business houses back to backroom deals.

lutyens media starting to muzzle and control social media with bans and defamation case harassments

that will punish modi for ignoring us. :roll:

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:22 pm

twitter
So @NandyGram who wrote that ISI sponsored story in @TheQuint is apparently the son of late BB Nandy, who was Special Director of RAW! Fine tribute he paid to his father!!

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:13 am

Big projects delayed, Yogi cracks the whip (ET)
Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath has warned officials in Varanasi of strong action, raising concern over delay in half-dozen key projects in the Prime Minister's constituency as well as repeated complaints of crimes against tourists as well as locals in the holy city.

The chief minister told officials that strong punitive action would be taken against them if the final deadlines fixed by him for delayed big-ticket projects are not met, according to people familiar with the matter. Adityanath met PM Narendra Modi in Delhi on Friday last week after concluding his two-day visit to Varanasi, and the PM is expected to visit his constituency soon.

Three major projects running behind schedule include widening of a road from the Varanasi airport to the main city, a ring road for Varanasi and a big flyover to be built at a cost of Rs 776 crore in the heart of the city.

The CM has directed that all these three projects, expected to be inaugurated by the PM, be completed by June this year, officials said.

While the ring road is only 51% complete and a four-lane road from the airport to the city has reported 71% progress, the under construction flyover between Chowkaghat and Lahartrg in the middle of the city has caused a traffic mess. The CM expressed his unhappiness over the delay in all three projects which were started about three years ago.
Nice. Show visible plogless to aam janta. Keyword being visible. One reason why DeMo was such a hit among the common people was coz it seemed like 'visible' progress against black money.

Go public with your diss-pleasure, put pressure on 'public servants' in full public glare, sirjee. You're the public's representative, after all. Sample this:
Adityanath was also furious with the police and transport authorities in Varanasi over repeated complaints of crimes against tourists and bribes being solicited by transport officers from commercial vehicles entering Varanasi.
Clearly, The_Yogi is on top of these issues. Is prolly getting info from channels other than the merely official/bureaucratic. Or so I hope.
The regional transport officer of Varanasi skipped the review meeting, displeasing the CM further.
Wah-wah. Such courage on display. Tar and feather this RTO asshat, plz. Send a much needed signal to babudom as well as the aam janta. Sorely needed, say I.
A big sewage treatment plant being built in Varanasi in Dinapur at a cost of INR 533 crore has also overshot its earlier deadline of completion in December 2017 and the CM now wants it completed positively by March, said one of the persons cited earlier. {'Else what?' remains to be seen. Hope the answer from The_Yogi's side will be bl00dy exemplary. PRC style edict and evict baboo(n) arse as needed.}

Besides, the CM found out during the review, widening of two major national highways leading to Varanasi from Sultanpur and Gorakhpur also stands delayed due to required land not being handed over to the National Highways Authority of India by the Varanasi administration, the person said.
All of this plays right in to the Namami Gange and Kashi-as-tourist-hub projects. The_Yogi has his priorities right, seems like. Or so I hope.
"When there is no interference in the police functioning and full freedom has been given to act against mafia, it is an issue why crimes are still occurring," the CM told the officers, pointing to an unsolved major robbery incident of last April and repeated crimes occurring against foreign tourists. He directed police officers to conduct patrolling on foot for at least one kilometre daily and take tough action against mafia.
Taking on the gunda raj and malsi-heavy mafia is a long standing lotus campaign promise. Such public reiteration of the things that matter by The_Yogi will I suspect go down very well with general voting public onlee. And unlike Kejri in Delhi, The_Yogi in UP means business. And has plenty of low-hanging 'trophy' fruits to keep picking and adding to his collection.
The CM also directed quick delivery of other key projects in Varanasi - including a super speciality cancer hospital, putting up heritage poles in all major streets by February 15 and a Pavan Path (religious route) to link major temples of the city.

Besides, officials said, the state tourism department is looking at options to start a helicopter tour of the Ganga ghats and introduce cruise vessels in the holy river in public-private partnership mode.
And this is the aspirational piece. Going beyond fixing what is broken (in efficiency space) to building and extending new stuff (in opportunity space).

Yogi_ji ki jai ho, jai ho, yogi_ji ki! Onlee. :)

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:21 am

Can see quote a few vocal "anti-whiners" just whining away in the past page and on this one.

Accusing fellow PIFs of having pet/wet/set dreams while pining away for a whines dhaga or beseeching bredator to rain assfire around here... Wah-wah. No irony deficiency here, for sure... :lol:

Lage raho sirjees.

Folks should be willing and able to put forth views on politics related issues freely and fairly without having to seek or care for any particular boster's or group's approval, is all, onlee. Too much for some to swallow/allow/follow. Clearly. Jai ho onlee. Only.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:01 am

JihadiDi showing class, even if inadvertantly.

Heh.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:29 am

Hari Seldon wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:21 am
Folks should be willing and able to put forth views on politics related issues freely and fairly without having to seek or care for any particular boster's or group's approval, is all, onlee.
Certainly. If I was complaining about free and fair exchange of views, I'd be posting every 10 minutes. However, the last few pages have arguably seen plain and simple whining. Still free no doubt, but not fair.

See saar, it has to be 'free AND fair', and not 'free OR fair' (onlee :P )

arshyam
BGR Member

Post by arshyam » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:07 am

For those who think Modi does not do enough on Hindu issues, or does not care, who brought the Yogi as UP CM? A strong mandate did result in something strong, didn't it? Yes, the 2014 LS was a strong mandate, but was it on based on Hindu issues, unlike in UP? The LS was a strong mandate against corruption and the Congress, and Modi has delivered on that front. And where possible, he has moved on Hindu issues.They may not be the Hindu issues posters here want, but who would have thought 3T and other topics would be discussed as they are today? Divide and rule over other communities are also Hindu issues in a manner of speaking - no one block can call the shots.

Also, can someone shed some light on the run-up to the 2007 Gujarat elections? I suspect the grumbling was similar then - I recall reading in Madhu Kishwar's book on Modi that he hit his stride only in his second term - the first term was only learning the ropes and focussing on the basics. He also did not promise what he could not deliver. That, in my mind, is key.

I think that unlike in 2014, 2019 will be a campaign based on Hindu issues as well, and we can expect to see some action on the "core issues" if a good mandate is given. Modi knows he needs a new approach for the next election as he is fighting his own anti-incumbency. Yes, the governance has been better, which only will lead for people to want more. Also, by then the RS chips would have lined up, so at least it would be feasible on moving on such issues.

I am all for criticism, but folks here need to circle the wagons, otherwise this rona-dhona will spill over and turn away some voters who read this thread. Every vote counts. 2019 is more important than any other election in the history of the modern republic.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:09 am

Indrad wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:53 pm
^^^
The guy in the front row with dyed hair and the dark suit looks like he'd taken a really hard shyte that morning...i.e., done his "huun-kar" a little earlier than expected. :rotfl:

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:21 am

arshyam wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:07 am
I am all for criticism, but folks here need to circle the wagons, otherwise this rona-dhona will spill over and turn away some voters who read this thread. Every vote counts. 2019 is more important than any other election in the history of the modern republic.
+1008

NaMo realizes that Hindutva will eventually run out of steam if Hindoos remain piss-poor. That is why vikas is all-important. To get vikas sometimes one may have to tactically overlook Hindutva. If people are fighting for daily roti-kapdi-makaan, there will be no sustained energy and finances to re-establish our culture. Mooners and double-Crossers meanwhile are running rampant fed by shovelfuls of money from USA, Europe, Saudi etc. If Hindoos are economically empowered (and hence more educated, healthy, confident...), nothing and nobody can stop us.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:37 am

TIMES NOW Verified account @TimesNow 2m2 minutes ago
Major mishap averted in West Bengal as farmers notice a broken train track and waved a red cloth to stop a passenger train on the Cord line in Burdawan
There's a pattern here, seemingly.

Causing rail accidents in a network too large to police effectively is easy for state, non-state and deep-state actors alike.

Imagine such accidents happening with terrifying regularity, every few days or so. Would torpedo confidence in what is easily the most affordable and organized long-distance (and short-distance) transport mode in the country.

Derailing the economy will be a BIF-desired by-product, besides.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:45 am

Mean-e-while, in The-Yogi raj ...

Ignore the media spin. With a criminal-justice system this broken that gangsters routinely game it, countering it means encountering it only.

Just like khali-stani terror in PJ wasn't won over by playing nice, gunda-gardi in UP won't die easy either. No more velvet glove.

On a lighter note, The_yogi shows how it is done when you no longer care about "liberal-log kya kahenge??". I don't see fiberal howling against yogi with anywhere near the same intensity that they howl against Modi today.

Prolly coz they know The_Yogi doesn't give a phak. Let them howl. Or not. Jai ho Yogi_ji ki...

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:00 am

What is an “encounter” in the the context of the above? I ask because on the one hand it says 3900 arrests and on the other it has 31 killed.

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:08 am

^^I guess the degree of degradation is becoming clear only now. Widespread arrests and a some encounters was not enough to persuade the rest to surrender. Even Chambal bandits were not this hardcore or brazen. I'll bet for every one who's dead, there are 5 at large, probably ran away and hiding in Bihar, UK, Nepal or elsewhere. Not likely for this to happen in any other state...meaning their asuras continue to survive and thrive, in plain sight.