The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Suraj
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by Suraj » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:30 pm

Deans: the news article quotes additional revenue until Dec 2017. This is not a static or final figure, or even close to it. Please remember, you're asking for something that requires additional manpower, time and effort on top of everything the IT department already does.

It's far easier to track down and penalize those who have high value transactions without an IT return, than those who simply claim their deposits are legit, and the process of proving otherwise takes time and effort. The former is a straightforward call - large purchase plus no IT return filed. There are several other variants with much more complicated processes, e.g. has filed IT returns, then made large deposits that they can claim are legit since business requires liquid cashflow.

Just look at how it would pan out within IT Dept:
a) Query PAN database for high value transactions and no IT return. Flag names. Post notice and IT return plus tax demand. Done. IT manpower requirement - minimal.
b) Find large deposits, find history of IT returns but not matching DeMo deposit . Post them official query. Person responds with legal support saying is legit. Requires back and forth between IT department and person/legal team. Per case, lets say 1-5hrs minimum time. How many people are there in this case ? And how many IT officers working 8hr days to do this ? It takes time.

Putting them all in the same basket is not helpful.

Deans
BGR Newbie

Post by Deans » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:39 pm

Supratik wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:48 pm
Deans,
It is a dangerous step to arrest defaulters wilful or otherwise. It will become a witch-hunt. The courts do not like arrests in such cases without sufficient proof. Otherwise Mallya would have been arrested. Proper investigations have to be carried out and chargesheets have to be filed. Not the entire NPA mess is wilful default. For various reasons businesses have gone turtle. It is a different matter that during UPA2 many got loans or credit that they shouldn't have. That is not a criminal issue but governance issue. Imagine being arrested for not paying on your EMI or business loan. The NPA has risen becoz the banks have been asked to come clean. Under Rockstar that was not the case. I follow the road sector closely and the NPAs there are mainly governance issues not corruption. Many of the road sector projects are now moving and the stuck projects have come down. It will take an entire economic cycle to come out of the NPA mess.
I'm certainly not saying `arrest everyone who can't pay back a loan' (as another poster implied)

The total NPA's (Q2 17-18) is 734000 crore (it would invariably increase).
Of this, the biggest defaulters have gone in for insolvency proceedings - that accounts for 25% of NPA's.

Of the remaining NPAs, I'm only asking that the govt arrests those the banking system- after its investigation, confirming with RBI, informing the authorities etc have already been identified as Wilful defaulters (like Mallaya). These are those who took loans on false pretenses and have no intention of paying despite having the means to do so.
There are 9000+ such people. They have `stolen' 111,000 crore. This figure is what the banks have declared.

I agree that most NPA's - other than wilful defaulters have been due to poor business decisions, governance issues (land acquisition, coal block allocation) and black swan events (e.g. Chinese dumping steel after producing more than the rest of the world, or solar prices crashing). While insolvency proceedings are a big step in the right direction, I don't see anything being done to establish either incompetence or political pressure in sanctioning some of those loans. Did the RBI nominee on the bank boards for e.g. not red flag a single loan in the steel sector or large coal plants ?

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:45 pm

Most people who have been sent notices for large deposits during DeMo have filed or refiled their IT returns. Now their returns have to be compared with previous year returns to determine any tax evasion. The income tax cannot do anything until these to and fro procedures are followed. And many of the large deposits are by businesses. The task of proving tax evasion becomes even more difficult in case of businesses. NaMo has to be careful as to not alienate the whole bunch of them. So he will err on the side of caution even if it means letting a lot of tax evaders go free.

As for benami property, he will not do it this term so close to the elections. He caused enough disruption for one term already.

Suraj
BGR Member

Post by Suraj » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:58 pm

Defaults are not necessarily a tax event. They go to the bankruptcy and insolvency tribunal. That takes far longer. Many things are being combined into one task, but they're in fact very different things. The most simplest case is where someones files no returns and makes themselves visible through large purchases where their PAN flags them. That's already yielded Rs.25K crores.

Lilo
BGR Member

Post by Lilo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:00 pm

Supratik wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:08 pm
It seems that Kamal Hasaan's politics is a mixture of Dravidianism and Leftism. I am not sure with all the MKs there is any more space for this in TN.
Kamal Hassan's politics is secessionism/separatism from India.
He is then asked if one can join his party with confidence.

“I will work for my people till my last breath. I’ve promised to serve the people for the rest of my life,” Haasan answers. The third person asks who inspires him - Ambedkar, Gandhi or Periyar. “I like all of them. I like Arvind Kejriwal, Chandrababu Naidu, Pinarayi Vijayan and Barack Obama. These are leaders who are great inspirations,” he says.
Talking about his party’s logo, which consists of a circle of hands holding one another in colours red, white and black and a star in the Centre, Kamal Haasan says that it represents the six south Indian states working together for the benefit of all. The star in the Centre represents people.
Antinational Kerala commie Pinarayi and CBN have given the blessing apparently.An anti-India South Indian aaptard party is what he aims to create.

Note steadily continuous separitist statements of CBN minions
Murali Mohan TDP MP warning "South India" going to become separate country.

https://youtu.be/OqFzCWJL_Ro
Pavan Kalyan is another CBN minion
Casteist CM CBN via casteist herrow Pawan Kalyan are already fanning the flames and claiming a north south divide.
If people remember Kerala commies/ej-islamists and TN dumeels trend #dravidanadu at every possible instance
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Dravidanadu

Already groundwork is being laid down to create FUD by usual agents.Based on South vs India

https://www.bloombergquint.com/opinion/ ... tes-worked

Praveen Chakravarthy the "data scientist" who penned this farticle was recently made the Chairman of data analytics of Congress party. Congress is going for a firesale out of India.
Building up on above farticle below is the latest by Wire.
https://thewire.in/224114/fifteenth-fin ... rth-india/
Ahead of #KamalHaasanPoliticalEntry tomorrow, political leader #Seeman greeted @ikamalhaasan at the latter's office today. Check out these pictures of their camaraderie!
https://twitter.com/ChennaiTimesTOI/sta ... 5910282240
Seeman from TN daily talks of separatism from India. After this meeting, his supporters are all now supporting Kamal Hassan on social media.
Last edited by Lilo on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Deans
BGR Newbie

Post by Deans » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:02 pm

Suraj wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:30 pm
Deans: the news article quotes additional revenue until Dec 2017. This is not a static or final figure, or even close to it. Please remember, you're asking for something that requires additional manpower, time and effort on top of everything the IT department already does.

It's far easier to track down and penalize those who have high value transactions without an IT return, than those who simply claim their deposits are legit, and the process of proving otherwise takes time and effort. The former is a straightforward call - large purchase plus no IT return filed. There are several other variants with much more complicated processes, e.g. has filed IT returns, then made large deposits that they can claim are legit since business requires liquid cashflow.
Suraj ji, I do get what you are saying. I've spent time analysing the different buckets (I'm not clubbing all cases together). I'll give you an example of why I feel the IT dept is losing focus and therefore my angst.

If my memory is right, Under sec 44 AA, self employed professionals had to maintain books of accounts - a tedious task for both taxpayer and the IT dept. For 2016-7, the govt came up with a presumptive tax rule (Sec 44 ADA) under which it was presumed your profit from business was 50% of income declared and you would not have to maintain books. Over a million people, incl. myself filed returns under this very positive rule. However, the computer rejects every return under 44ADA unless you file a balance sheet (because the algorithm treats ADA as a subset of section 44 AA which does require books of accounts to be filed). It is a huge amount of rework for taxpayers and the dept, for 0 additional revenue.

The firm I ran as CEO, has spent disproportionate time on a Rs 5 lac demand for delayed (paid with interest and penalty) tax in 2012-3. Wouldn't the dept be more productive chasing high value tax dodgers ?

As you rightly mention, it is far easier to penalise those with high value deposits and no returns - not even a reply to repeated letters by the IT dept. The number of such people, their details and amounts deposited are known. It accounts for over half of potentially evaded income. What has been collected from that ? Given that most of these people will also have benami assets, has that been identified ? I desperately hope for positive answers to these questions but am increasingly doubtful.

Given the expected increase in workload from DeMo, could the Govt not at least have filled existing vacancies in the dept ? While it is easy to make recommendations in hindsight, it would not have been too difficult to depute some bank staff, ex servicemen, job seekers with Inter CA - all on a temporary basis to handle the paperwork and surveys, or recall people retired in the last 2 years ? Why not a whistle blower scheme for identifying benami assets, with a task force in each of the 100+ income tax offices across the country ?

Lilo
BGR Member

Post by Lilo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:11 pm

Deans wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:02 pm
....I'll give you an example of why I feel the IT dept is losing focus and therefore my angst.

What has been collected from that ? Given that most of these people will also have benami assets, has that been identified ? I desperately hope for positive answers to these questions but am increasingly doubtful.
I still don't get why you are desperate for decapitation strikes on the big sharks all will be brought to heel eventually and those recalcitrant will be made an example of.
I didn't think that BJP has promised any time line for you - they are moving in the right direction as fast as they can - while trying to keep afloat the systematically important pvt entities in the economy while making an example out of others like Nirav Choksi.
Last edited by Lilo on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:11 pm

Deans wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:25 pm
In DeMo there are approx 1.6 lac people who have deposited > 80 lacs each, with no tax returns (0.2 lac had tax returns). The total deposited by these people are approx 420000 crore.
Another 16 lac people deposited between 10 and 80 lacs of which about 12 lac are tax evaders. Even assuming evaded income of 20 lacs each, this is another 240000 crore. So we have 660000 crore of evaded income (over 40% of all high value notes in the country) deposited by under 2 million
people (or 0.25% of our adult population).
The tax & penalty on this (since almost no one opted for the voluntary declaration scheme) would be upwards of Rs 500,000 crore.
Assuming we can collect this over 4 years, due to litigation etc, we should have budgeted 125000 crore of incremental revenue.
Of this, we collected 26500 crore (+ approx 16000 cr through earlier seizures, demands etc).

Since 2002-3, the average annual growth in personal income tax collection has been 19.8% p.a (in 2017-8 it was 19.3% despite De-mo).

Yes, 3.5 million non filers were identified, which is good and in my view, almost closes the gap between actual and potential filers, but the govt needs to target just 5% of them to get 2/3 of the estimated stock of black money.
I'm not `a little happier'.
Deans-ji, could you please share any link for these statistics? Could use this in a couple of SM groups I am in.

Deans
BGR Newbie

Post by Deans » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:17 pm

hanumadu wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:45 pm
Most people who have been sent notices for large deposits during DeMo have filed or refiled their IT returns. Now their returns have to be compared with previous year returns to determine any tax evasion. The income tax cannot do anything until these to and fro procedures are followed. And many of the large deposits are by businesses. The task of proving tax evasion becomes even more difficult in case of businesses. NaMo has to be careful as to not alienate the whole bunch of them. So he will err on the side of caution even if it means letting a lot of tax evaders go free.

As for benami property, he will not do it this term so close to the elections. He caused enough disruption for one term already.
About 6 lac people who have made high value deposits have never filed a tax return, or provided an explanation for their deposit. Those statistics are available. That is straight forward evasion. Most of these are individuals, not businesses. Are any of these 6 lac people going to vote for Modi because they haven't been raided yet ? On the other hand, an extra allocation of 20,000 cr for MGNREGA can provide additional income to 1 person in 1 crore poor households (2 crore voters).

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:32 pm

Lilo wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:07 pm
^ Generally similar sounding/spelling domains are registered by same owners to prevent traffic hijack.Especially when the domainname is cheap .

Ultimately the other domains are not operationalised but the digital trail remains as in Mayiam.com
Either maiyam and maiam are same owner, or it isn't?

What it is?

you cannot claim one owner for one website and then say "generally same owner for different spellings". This is not whatsapp and FB. We expect a little more rigor.

Deans
BGR Newbie

Post by Deans » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:33 pm

SSundar wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:11 pm

Deans-ji, could you please share any link for these statistics? Could use this in a couple of SM groups I am in.
Cross referencing of data from :
the operation clean money web site: https://www.cleanmoney.gov.in/?q=conten ... y-analysis
Income tax historical trends: http://www.mospi.gov.in/statistical-yea ... a/2017/175
Some fact checking: https://thewire.in/168434/fact-check-cl ... ect-taxes/
No of high value depositors (above 25 lac) with no returns: http://www.livemint.com/Politics/pTWJQE ... r-Rs2.html

Lilo
BGR Member

Post by Lilo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:42 pm

Gus wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:32 pm
Lilo wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:07 pm
^ Generally similar sounding/spelling domains are registered by same owners to prevent traffic hijack.Especially when the domainname is cheap .

Ultimately the other domains are not operationalised but the digital trail remains as in Mayiam.com
Either maiyam and maiam are same owner, or it isn't?

What it is?

you cannot claim one owner for one website and then say "generally same owner for different spellings". This is not whatsapp and FB. We expect a little more rigor.
Both are owned by Kamal Hassan one is operational(maiam.com) other is not (mayaim.com).
Zauba profile of the eponymous company(mayaim.com) listing DIN numbers of kamal Hassan and gautami is good enough for me.
https://www.zaubacorp.com/company-direc ... 0PTC074450

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:47 pm

^ thanks..now I can use that as well :)

Suraj
BGR Member

Post by Suraj » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:51 pm

Deans, it's no one's claim that the IT department is efficient. Maybe your own hassles provide context into why it's not going to be a prompt job to do all the other DeMo work you expect of them ? Or perhaps that work gets more priority than your example does ?

Rudradev
BGR Newbie

Post by Rudradev » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:42 pm

fanne wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:37 am
After GST the momentum has turned negative for BJP (Demo was very positive for BJP). This NIRAV incidence only accelerates that process.
Far worse than that. It does not merely accelerate it but catastrophically advances it to the extent of kicking the bottom out of the social contract that drove the 2014 NaMo wave.

People were willing to stand in long lines for demonetisation, even put up with the implementation problems of GST, etc. as long as they had faith in NaMo as a sincere, committed leader with zero tolerance for corruption. It was the belief in their hearts that this man was doing his best to transform India with honest and efficient governance which gave them the strength and patience to endure whatever bumps emerged on the road.

Even with more galling issues like failure to punish those responsible for 2G, CWG, National Herald, Agusta etc. people were willing to give Modi leeway as long as they saw his govt as incorruptible. These things were more difficult to face, but valid excuses could still be made by his supporters: he has so much of a mess to clean up, so many things to attend to, judiciary is not cooperating, etc.

Incidents like those involving Vijay Mallya, Nirav Modi, and Mehul Choksi, however, are game-changers. Once the seed of doubt has been planted in the public mind as to whether Modi is really willing to do everything it takes to bring the corrupt to book, it is almost impossible to eradicate. Then, every explanation appears as an excuse, every excuse begins to ring hollow, and every decision of the government begins to be shadowed with suspicion.

Suspicion will turn quickly to anger as the GOI fails to do anything about prosecuting these criminals, especially if (as they have been) BJP spokespersons mismanage the response as one of trying to shift blame onto the UPA. True or not, it doesn't matter. The critical point has come. Public tolerance for excuses now hangs by a thread, and there is no room for error.

This article by Sreemoy Talukdar nails it.

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/is-na ... 62817.html

Is Narendra Modi vulnerable? Rahul Gandhi believes attacking PM over PNB scam could be a magic formula
BJP’s success in Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls added to Opposition’s nervousness about 2019. Around this time, the prime minister shifted public discourse to “building a new India’ by 2022”: The 75th year of Indian Independence. For the Opposition, the subtext was clear: Modi’s return in 2019 was certain.

That ‘certainty’ took a first major hit during the Gujarat Assembly polls in December, where BJP scraped through to a narrow victory in Modi and Amit Shah’s backyard. In pursuit of 150 seats, the party fell one short of 100. Its vote share decreased from 60 percent (approximately) in 2014 to around 49 percent in 2017, while the Congress went up from 33 percent in 2014 to 41.4 percent last year.

In the recently held Gujarat municipal polls, the trend continued. BJP retained 47 seats, the same number it won in 2013, while Congress posted a rise from 8 to 16 seats. The feeling of a ‘Congress comeback’ was reinforced by the results in Rajasthan by-elections where the BJP lost by huge margins in a straight fight.

In politics, it doesn’t take long for the narrative to change. Suddenly, the irrepressible BJP juggernaut was looking vulnerable. Electoral momentum has its own algorithm. The overarching narrative of “achhe din” in 2014 was looking worn out and a new political calculus emerged with the rise of young caste leaders. A re-energised Opposition rediscovered its unity of purpose.

Around this time, NDA allies also started to become more restive. The Shiv Sena, which had been struggling to contain BJP’s rise in Maharashtra at its own expense, announced that it was pulling out of the partnership for Lok Sabha polls. Chandrababu Naidu’s TDP was seeking more funds and attention and even the Akali Dal started making noises.

Media analysts soon followed. Some predicted that BJP would struggle to retain simple majority while some, such as Congress data analyst chief Praveen Chakravarty, posited that Modi’s prime ministership would be restricted to a single term because the party has saturated in its core states and failed to increase base in weak states.

The analysis is interesting, but it could be argued that instead of a state-wise breakup, BJP is looking at a demography-centric campaign by appealing to a cross-section of electorate. For instance, it may find more takers among first-time voters in 2019, women who have benefitted from the free LPG scheme or Muslim women who raised their voices against triple talaq. The party is also pushing hard to increase its presence in North East, knowing well that it might lose votes in middle India.

The BJP possibly won’t be too worried about losing its dominance in “core states”. It has some aces up its sleeve yet. There is still time to manage the allies.

However, the PNB scam is a different beast, one that may affect BJP’s trump card — Modi — and for the first time, diminish his aura. While the scam itself might be a knotty banking heist involving unintelligible terms and complicated accounting procedures, it is also a devastatingly simple narrative. Its power to penetrate Modi’s armour and damage BJP’s electoral chances lies in its simplicity.

To his credit, Rahul has been quick to latch on to the message. He has also been aided by the fortuitous twist provided by demonetisation. The idea — that while we line up for hours before banks and ATMs to withdraw cash, crooks steal our money and fly away while “chowkidar” sleeps – lends itself to a powerful political narrative.

To assess the damage this has caused, the BJP needs to look no further than the jokes and memes circulating on different social media groups. Not just neutral or anti-BJP voices, even staunch Modi followers are spinning the yarn, suggesting a deep disenchantment among BJP’s core followers. Anecdotal instances reveal that the anger is mostly directed at the prime minister for failing to stop the crooks from flying away.

It is this belief — that even Modi is no longer immune to criticism — that has emboldened Rahul in levelling charges of corruption against the prime minister. Congress believes Modi's image has taken a hit with Nirav's escape. It also believes that going hard after Modi on PNB scam will be a winning formula.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. I believe this is Rahul Gandhi's hour to be absolutely right. And it promises very, very dark days ahead for India, specifically Hindus, if NaMo doesn't do whatever is required right now.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:56 am

Deans wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:17 pm
hanumadu wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:45 pm

About 6 lac people who have made high value deposits have never filed a tax return, or provided an explanation for their deposit. Those statistics are available. That is straight forward evasion. Most of these are individuals, not businesses. Are any of these 6 lac people going to vote for Modi because they haven't been raided yet ? On the other hand, an extra allocation of 20,000 cr for MGNREGA can provide additional income to 1 person in 1 crore poor households (2 crore voters).
I guess then it makes it all the more easier for the govt to seize those accounts that have not replied to IT notices. But there might be some legal provision to wait for a certain period of time before confiscating those amounts. But my concern is if there is still money in those accounts. If they are benami accounts, with fake PAN numbers and fake addresses, the money and people behind it are gone. Do you know the avg deposits on those 6 lakh accounts.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:51 am

Some two bit "MPs" and "intellectuals" have begun surfacing, claiming and indeed advocating that "south" India should secede from the union of India due to perceived "ill treatment".

These b@$t***s need a rusty iron rod inserted into the right places.

This is sedition, plain and simple.

FOE and FOS be doubly damned. The Indian constitution comes first and last and all the way in between too, with no ambiguity at all and no room for misinterpretation, whatsoever.

Who the hell gave them permission to include so many states?? or any state at all??, is it their father's ancestral properties??

Deans
BGR Newbie

Post by Deans » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:38 am

Suraj wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:51 pm
Deans, it's no one's claim that the IT department is efficient. Maybe your own hassles provide context into why it's not going to be a prompt job to do all the other DeMo work you expect of them ? Or perhaps that work gets more priority than your example does ?
I think we are both making the same point. The IT dept, like any other govt dept, is not efficient. Given the importance of DeMo (whose success would be measured mainly by incremental tax revenue) I would have expected that the dept's resources be strengthened before the exercise and its (still) limited resources focus on the relatively few high value depositors, rather than routine tax follow up, that will yield it far lower incremental
revenue. My peer group includes senior bankers (in the pvt sector) and 1 senior income tax official. The overall narrative is that there is not much seriousness of purpose (from the top) in chasing the fat cats who made high value deposits without a corresponding tax return.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:01 am

RD - a week is a long time in politics. there's a year left.

the opposition has played all its cards while modi and amit shah have many to play.

Deans
BGR Newbie

Post by Deans » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:42 am

hanumadu wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:56 am

I guess then it makes it all the more easier for the govt to seize those accounts that have not replied to IT notices. But there might be some legal provision to wait for a certain period of time before confiscating those amounts. But my concern is if there is still money in those accounts. If they are benami accounts, with fake PAN numbers and fake addresses, the money and people behind it are gone. Do you know the avg deposits on those 6 lakh accounts.
There is conflicting data on notices sent etc. After cross referencing, what I believe to be the situation is as follows:

Totally 17.92 lac people (or companies) had cash deposits above 10 lac, of which 1.8 lac were over 80 lac.
36% of these had not filed any return, or 6.45 lac people. As you suggest, many of these identities are fake, in which case the bank staff
responsible for confirming KYC has to be held responsible.

Of these, 6.45 lac approx 1 lac were high risk/ high value (above 80 lac and no return filed - avg 3 crore) and 5.45 lac from 10 to 80 lac.
Another 2 lac people had an inadequate tax return (e.g. return filed in the past but not paid tax) and deposited 10-80 lac.

Apart from these 8.45 lac people, another 5.5 lac people were identified through data analytics etc (based on high value purchases).
These may have deposited money between 2 & 10 lacs (I would assume its fewer people depositing money in multiple accounts).

As of Nov, 1.16 lac notices were sent to those from the above, who had deposited over 25 lacs and did not have a return or (I assume) responded
to the earlier communication. This is the step before legal action and therefore significant recovery should have been budgeted in both the 16-17
revised estimates and the 17-18 budget.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:10 am

Supratik wrote:It seems that Kamal Hasaan's politics is a mixture of Dravidianism and Leftism. I am not sure with all the MKs there is any more space for this in TN.
I don't think Kamal's party would make any big dent on the *MK parties of TN. But his plan may be to join hands with DMK (since the talk of Dravidianism etc.). Most likely he may end up like Prajarajya & Chiranjeevi; i.e useful idiots to the DMK in case they need some extra support.
chetak wrote:Some two bit "MPs" and "intellectuals" have begun surfacing, claiming and indeed advocating that "south" India should secede from the union of India due to perceived "ill treatment".
Online Q&A sites like www.quora.com are now full of such debates on which states should secede from the Union. Even a 100% consumer state like KL, which made money by washing dirty linen of the Arabs had "intellectuals" thinking about seceding from India. But for sure, yes; there are lots of people in India who wants to start a Kashmir like problem in South India, if that helps such people retain the power of ruling. To be frank; I now have started believing Winston Churchill who said - "Power will go to the hands of rascals, rogues, freebooters; all Indian leaders will be of low calibre & men of straw. They will have sweet tongues and silly hearts. They will fight amongst themselves for power and India will be lost in political squabbles."*.

* There is a debate, that Churchill actually did not make this statement.
Gus wrote:the opposition has played all its cards while modi and amit shah have many to play.
Even I believed that, but now my thoughts are changing. The "secular" forces now seem to be gaining ground, and what I see as the biggest problem is the GoI's silence on many issues. Modi & Co is losing the perception battle. The big promises made by Na.Mo in 2014, may now bite him back. And there is also a threat from a new group; a section of people who turned Hindutwavadis after BJP's win in 2014, and now want Na.Mo to become a hard-core Hindutwavadi, who goes around fulfilling each of the day dream of these Hindutwavadis.

I am still surprised that GoI is not asking some tough questions to Shri. Raghuram Rajan who was the reserve bank governor, when Nirav Modi & Co. were running riot. This Rajan chap had enough time to pontificate sitting in US. How about asking him to explain what he did to help folks like Nirav Modi?

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:32 am

Sharing news about a tragic event in Kerala.
Adivasi man beaten by mob, dies in Kerala: Selfie taken moments before he died angers public
Kerala: Locals beat tribal man to death, clicked selfies with him

I shouldn't be saying this, but it is high time that northern states often accused of lynchings, mob justice, khap panchayath actually start show casing these events, which shows the real picture of the so called No #1 State, Kerala. They need not feel bad in doing this. Main stream media in KL have milked the problems of Northern India, in order to justify existence of various terror groups and communist parties etc. It is time to preach back.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:24 am

Sachin wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:32 am
It is time to preach back.
Was ABVP involved? Was any beef found or suspected? Had this guy tweeted or blogged anything against the RW?

No? *Yawnnnnn*

la.khan
BGR Newbie

Post by la.khan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:10 am

Sachin wrote:I don't think Kamal's party would make any big dent on the *MK parties of TN. But his plan may be to join hands with DMK (since the talk of Dravidianism etc.). Most likely he may end up like Prajarajya & Chiranjeevi; i.e useful idiots to the DMK in case they need some extra support.
chetak wrote: Some two bit "MPs" and "intellectuals" have begun surfacing, claiming and indeed advocating that "south" India should secede from the union of India due to perceived "ill treatment".
As Sachin said, KH may be no different than Chiranjeevi & his Praja Rajyam Party (PRP). There were no takers for Chiranjeevi in united AP. I don't know how many seats PRP contested in 2009, but he won 19/294. Not even 10% of the seats; IIRC, Chiranjeevi lost from his native Mogalturu.

As for KH, he can spout all of this nonsense till May 2019. That is when the rubber hits the pavement. Doodh ka doodh aur paani ka paani hojayega. If his performance is no better than Chiranjeevi's PRP, it means he has no takers in TN. If he cannot win TN, how will he carry rest of south India?

If KH were broach the topic of ganging up against New Delhi in any of the neighbouring states (like AP,KA, TS), to the best of my knowledge, there will not be 10 votes in any constituency in AP/TS for ceding away from India. I don't think Dravidanist ideology, seceding away from the Union has any resonance anywhere in south India, except in the wet dreams of a few unemployed, unemployable fringe groups.

Lilo
BGR Member

Post by Lilo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:50 am

As I repeat from yesterday Kamal Hassan is coordinating with ChandraBabu,Pinarayi and his commies and the dumeels and DMK DK gangs from TN to bring a South chauvinistic aaptard party arrayed against India.

One must remember General election 2019 is coming before the Tamilnadu assembly elections. So I won't be surprised if DMK and DK gangs contest the General election in TN in a grand alliance with Kamal Hassan as a face. Expecting his alliance with DMK, AIDMK IT cell started targeting Kamal Hassan on his missionary links and EJ background immediately.Those tweets I posted yesterday.

Kamal Hassan is face of an across the South MahaGanduBandhan .

Today alchindu too printed this cartoon.