The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
shravanp
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by shravanp » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:41 pm

I think your reactions are wayyy over the top.

Something as frivolous as this cant be labelled as BIF. Those abbreviations are to be used for some serious stuff and not this. You are actually trivializing the very concept of BIF which is a real one.

Rudradev
BGR Newbie

Post by Rudradev » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:56 pm

Rahul Mehta's entire political and social media career is based on trivialisations. Unfortunately, his prolific posts on this forum mark it as a hub of trivialisation in the eyes of any first-time visitor.

If the intention is to turn BGF into a forum that's read widely and taken seriously, the way BRF is, Rahul Mehta is making sure that won't happen.

OTOH if the intention is simply for BGF to serve as a timepass nukkad for BRF-GDF exiles, then Rahul Mehta is merely the primary agent of public nuisance (every nukkad IRL has one).

dnivas
BGR Newbie

Post by dnivas » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:05 pm

i dont get his negative non stop anti modi posts. We have a person as a PM who is at a minimum a hundred times better than the gaandus who ruled this country and Rahul Mehta wants to go back to what was there before.

This is what I dont understand with the modi is not hindutva enough brigade; do they not understand that the alternative is a 1000 times worse. what are they gonna whine about then, when their daughters are converted , they are spit upon when walking back home, when the area they live in becomes a ghetto with no signs of justice around.

Just ridiculous.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:49 am

dnivas wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:05 pm
i dont get his negative non stop anti modi posts. We have a person as a PM who is at a minimum a hundred times better than the gaandus who ruled this country and Rahul Mehta wants to go back to what was there before.

Just ridiculous.
Pretty sad state for someone as bright as Rahul Mehta. Think of what could have been....it is not too late.

Narasimha
BGR Newbie

Post by Narasimha » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:49 am

His rants are frankly becoming boring. I think the mods should take note. I shut BG if I see that he has posted as it is usually pages of schizoid drivel.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:54 am

Rudradev wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:56 pm
Rahul Mehta's entire political and social media career is based on trivialisations. Unfortunately, his prolific posts on this forum mark it as a hub of trivialisation in the eyes of any first-time visitor.
I really would like it if the Mods can create a whines thread and restrict his postings to that thread (basically a "quarantine" thread, as a BGR colleague correctly named it).

Does the website technology allow that ? He can post away all he wants without nuking the other threads.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:28 am

I write one cogent post about Yogiji refusing to ban sick Padmavati-movie, and anti-RM-element will write 10 posts (see 4 posts above) accusing me of creating noise. And call me troll, congress supporter, trivializer etc etc. And thereby THEY make a huge noise pollution the thread. In general, bashing a member by another member is banned on BRF. But admins show a lot of mercy to anti-RM-elements who bash me on routine basis.

For every one anti-SoMoke (*) post I write, there are over 100 pro-Modi posts on BRF. But then also Modi-rakshaks fear that my posts will sway neutral persons against Modiji !! And thats why this heartburn against me and my posts and proposal to be ban me from all threads. But why do modi-rakshaks fear that my one anti-SoMoKe post will sway neutral persons against Modiji despite their 100 pro-Modi posts? Is it because they know that my posts have substance and their posts dont have any substance? If so, pls add substance in your pro-Modi posts -- if you can find any. Or, buy a burnol tube.

(* - SoMoKe = SoGa / NaMo / Arke, one and the same)

On a side note, we should be proud that Yogiji has protected freedom of speech and expression, and obeyed Supreme Court judges, and ensured that sick movie Padmavati gets screening across UP. We need more such true liberal minded CMs, who will obey all judgments of Supreme Court.
dnivas wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:05 pm
1. We have a person as a PM who is at a minimum a hundred times better than the gaandus who ruled this country
2. and Rahul Mehta wants to go back to what was there before.
What you have said about me a lie , and an insulting lie. In my whole life, I have never supported congress/aap. And dint support ArKe even in IAC days when RSS-workers were supporting him. You have spoken a lie, but if I accuse you as LIAR then admins will fault me for insulting a member - doesnt matter that you have thrown an insulting lie on me by calling me a congress supporter. So I wont accuse you of anything. And I also wont counter first statement.

=======

(2) HT says --- The revolutionary proposal of bail-in may stay !!

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-ne ... cTIRJ.html
FRDI Bill’s bail-in clause unlikely to be watered down

The FRDI Bill is proposed as an early warning system for financial firms, under which the Resolution Corporation will classify firms based on their financial health and risk assessment.

The bail-in clause had triggered opposition to the FDRI Bill which was referred to a joint panel comprised of members from both the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha in August 2017. The bail-in clause had triggered opposition to the FDRI Bill which was referred to a joint panel comprised of members from both the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha in August 2017. The Centre is not considering any dilution of the bail-in clause in the contentious Financial Resolution and Deposit Insurance (FRDI) Bill. It will, however, add safeguards such as a list of liabilities that the Resolution Corporation (RC) will consider in case of a crisis in a financial firm, the finance ministry’s department of economic affairs has told a House panel, according to documents accessed by Hindustan Times.
Deposits below say Rs 10 lakhs will be fully safe. But even in PSU banks, large deposits can be be and will be used for bailin !! IOW, a depositors who has hard earned post taxpaid 100% white deposit of Rs 50 lakh may get an sms from his PSU bank that "congratulations, your Rs 1 crore deposit has now been converted into Rs 80 lakh deposit" !! Now supporters of bail-in clauses speak that "bailin over deposits in PSU bank will never be used". Then why do they insist on putting bailin clause over large deposits for PSU banks? The very fact that SoMoKe want bailin clause to stay shows that they do plan to use bailin over large depositors for PSU bank

The supporters of bailin throw another lie that currently only Rs 1 lakh in PSU bank is protected by Govt. I have countered that lie with links. So I wont repeat again.

What will be effect of bailin? Small depositors below Rs 10 lakhs will be safe, but large deposit owners will be royally slaughtered. And with that, they ability to run industries and create jobs will also go down. So their business will move in the hands of usuk-elitemen. So bailin will further furbar Indian economy beyond recognition.

My request to anti-bailin people is --- when discussing FRDI bill with pro-bailin persons, pls confine to "bailin over PSU bank large deposits". Pro-bailin people have created this method that when discussion starts on bailin, they will immediately change topic to other useless but nice sounding clauses in FRDI and talk about non existent "safeguards". IOW, they scheme to evade discussion on "bailin in PSU bank large deposits". So dont fall in their trap to change topic. Drag them back by saying "why are you scared of discussing bailin over large PSU bank deposits"? And bring discussion to bailin over large PSU deposits. Other clauses in FDRI are useless, but also not very harmful. "Bailin over PSU bank large deposits" is the real killer.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:11 am

Can we not have a Rahul Mehta thread? Where he can post to his hearts content and we don't have to see them? Win - win no?

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:37 pm

Much as I hate to say this about a fellow forumite, I generally ignore our friend's posts. I am sure he means well and probably speaks what he believes to be the truth from his perspective - we all suffer from confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance, none of us are immune to it. However, his long posts get very tedious and there is no doubt that there is a very strong anti-Modi and anti-BJP stance in his words.

I don't know if he realizes this himself. Often we do not. In my experience those with the worst case of halitosis are blissfully unaware of the havoc they cause around them.

He would be a lot more effective and readable if he restricted himself to short and succinct points. As many know, brevity usually is the soul of wit.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:28 pm

Chandragupta wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:11 am
Can we not have a Rahul Mehta thread? Where he can post to his hearts content and we don't have to see them? Win - win no?
+1

Does this forum have ACL at thread level? He run amok in other threads and spare us of his tyranny.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:00 pm

MehtaRahulC wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:28 am
For every one anti-SoMoke (*) post I write, there are over 100 pro-Modi posts on BRF. But then also Modi-rakshaks fear that my posts will sway neutral persons against Modiji !! And thats why this heartburn against me and my posts and proposal to be ban me from all threads. But why do modi-rakshaks fear that my one anti-SoMoKe post will sway neutral persons against Modiji despite their 100 pro-Modi posts? Is it because they know that my posts have substance and their posts dont have any substance? If so, pls add substance in your pro-Modi posts -- if you can find any. Or, buy a burnol tube.
Just reflect on what you are saying. This is typical Congoon styled arguments. You calling Padmavati, dance bars, cig smoking, alcohol etc as BIF projects, and then you are giving it away 'your post will sway neutral persons again Modiji'. Really?

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:59 pm

MehtaRahulC wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:28 am
What you have said about me a lie , and an insulting lie. In my whole life, I have never supported congress/aap. And dint support ArKe even in IAC days when RSS-workers were supporting him.
You have never substantively supported anyone, except yourself ! And that is the problem.

All your long posts on different "law drafts" may have some good points in them, but this is totally irrelevant unless you join a major political party like the BJP and work up the ranks till you able to lead or influence legislation.

You don't want to do that hard work, so you keep posting on the internet criticizing everyone else. And you contest elections by yourself and get some 4000 votes. What's the point, dude ?

Clearly you need to do a total rethink. Join a political party and be prepared to get your hands dirty a little. Otherwise you could be doing "sisyphean" activity for the rest of your life and believing that things are not working out because most of the world is "anti-RM" :lol:

Frankly most people couldn't care less about being pro-RM or anti-RM, or what you decide to do with your life. But please spare this thread since it has become cluttered with your mostly irrelevant posts.

ricky
BGR Newbie

Post by ricky » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:54 am

http://www.business-standard.com/articl ... 002_1.html
At least three shops, two private buses and a car were torched on the second day of violence in Uttar Pradesh's Kasganj city on Saturday, police said after a young boy was killed in clashes following stone-pelting on a motorcycle rally that was taken out to celebrate the Republic Day.
Elaborating on the genesis of the clashes, the police said in a statement that a few people were riding motorcycles carrying the tricolours and were chanting 'Vande Mataram' and 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai'.
As the procession reached minority community-dominated Baddunagar, "anti-social elements" pelted stones and opened fire. "In this (firing), Chandan was killed and Naushad was injured. Naushad was referred to Aligarh for treatment," it said. Another man, identified as Akram, received head injuries.
The two were undergoing treatment at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College in Aligarh. Naushad was out of danger and Akram was being operated upon, the hospital authorities said.
The motorcycle rally was taken out by VHP and ABVP volunteers as part of celebrations on the 69th Republic Day.
Meanwhile, the police had stopped firebrand leader Sadhvi Prachi in Aligarh and prevented her from visiting Kasganj.

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:59 am

Rudradev wrote:

If the intention is to turn BGF into a forum that's read widely and taken seriously, the way BRF is, Rahul Mehta is making sure that won't happen.

OTOH if the intention is simply for BGF to serve as a timepass nukkad for BRF-GDF exiles, then Rahul Mehta is merely the primary agent of public nuisance (every nukkad IRL has one).
I concur. I don't have a problem with contrarian views, but everything for the said gentleman is a melodramatic 'the sky is falling' moment. If his name is the first thing I see, I simply shut down the window.

manju
BGR Newbie

Post by manju » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:27 pm

Rudradev wrote:

agree 100%

We will carve out a jagir (a separate thread) for RM bhai to post all his thoughts.. lest he should :)) :)) :)) about FOE

manju
BGR Newbie

Post by manju » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:31 pm

Personal attack removed. User warned.

Trilobite
BGR Member

Post by Trilobite » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:44 pm

Why is there so much whining about RM's post? If somebody does not want to read his posts he/she has the option of putting RM on ignore list. That should be easy, no?

Frankly all this whining about RM's post is getting tiring. The guys makes one post and then it is followed 10 whine post about his post. IMO these 10 whine posts add more clutter to the thread than RM's posts.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:51 pm

I have been a BRF lurker / participant for a looonggg time. Most posters, even when discussing conspiracy theories, make logical sense and there is an air of strategic analysis to them. In the end, most BRF CTs turn out to be true.

My problem with this one poster is that their posts look purely like rants and are rarely backed by any facts in evidence. I think there is also something annoying about their verbose style of writing and clubbing 3 or 4 topics in one post that is very annoying. As someone else pointed out, it could be because this person posts them on an FB page and then replicates it on BGR.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:15 pm

Finally saw Padmavaat. I think the opposition to the film is politically motivated in order to stop such films from being made. Some idiots in the BJP with pea sized brains are also falling for it. Coming back to the film it is not as good as Bajirao content wise. Bhansali has used the Khiljis and Rajputs as metaphors for Islamists and Indics and shown the Islamists as barbarians and the Indics as noble. In the early days of BRF we had wished Indian movies showed our history as it was bypassing the Communist-Islamist controlled narrative for mass consumption. The greatest way to remind a civilization of its history is through mass communication. Hope to see many more such films. Only monkeys will oppose it.

Rahul Mehta has been an old nuisance since ages. He had to be quarantined and the banned from BRF. Hopefully mods here will do the same as after sometime he takes over the forum.

Narasimha
BGR Newbie

Post by Narasimha » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:20 pm

My Wife saw Padmanavat and also said more noise than was necessary. In fact it got the wrong kind of attention.
As far as Rahul Mehta C - there is no problem if he makes a few precise points. His posts go on and on and frankly difficult to search for other posts. Also the same rants gets tiring.

Asagar
BGR Newbie

Post by Asagar » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:31 pm

Kuch kero yaar RM ka Ab aur Bardasht nahi hota

tappa
BGR Newbie

Post by tappa » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:12 pm

There seems to be some problems in the BJP - TDP alliance. Does anyone know what is happening?

ramki
BGR Newbie

Post by ramki » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:05 pm

There is mutual distrust beween both TDP and BJP. problem is tdp is spending state money on populiist schemes, salaries ( state employees got 43% pay raise) etc and blaming the financial difficulty indirectly on Modiji. State BJP is horrible. Instead of highlighting the good things done by Modiji like what ever infratructure development happening in the state they constantly criticize everything done by state govt. This is confusing the public as both BJP and tdp are partners. offlate state BJP leaders many of whom are ex congress leaders are messing up the good image of BJP.

ramki
BGR Newbie

Post by ramki » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:15 pm

As a fan of Modi and as a long standing supporter of BJP i want BJP to grow organically throughout India, but i am not able to digest it being soft on biggest evangelical funded political party YSRCP.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:20 am

Had some recent conversations with members of my extended family. They hate Modi now but were supportive of him less than a year ago. Upper middle class. Very bitter now. Here's what they say:

* Modi talks but does not deliver.
* Demo did not catch any black money hoarders. Much ado about nothing.
* Crores of people lost livelihood because demo put their SME/self-employment out of business.
* Their gas subsidy suddenly stopped. No idea why but angry at Modi :roll: .
* Job losses in their industry while the Ambanis and Adanis are getting richer.
* Haven't seen any evidence of infrastructure development in roads and railways.
* Disgusted with the extent of capitation fees in educational institutions. No signs of fixing education.
* Prices of everything keeps going up. Modi to blame.
* (Drum rolls) Taxes keep going up for the earning class but zero benefits coming their way.

I know the typical BRF/BGR guru's advice would be that we should make an effort to point them to the truth... and I try. This gets a lot harder each year of the Modi government. Right now, it is as hard as it gets.

We all need a little help from Modi/Jaitley to make that argument, but none is available. The impression that this government is a non-stop pain inflictor is building up in people's minds.