The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by Yagnasri » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:27 am

Bibi Amrita wiki page has awards she got. This is the list:

• Women's Excellence Awards 2017.[34]
• The Woman of Substance Award at 'I Am Woman' Awards 2017.[35]
• Lokmat Maharashtra’s Most StylishIcon Award (Power Women)- 2017[36]
• Award for Excellence - 2017 for Excellence in Women Empowerment by All Ladies League and Divine Vibrations.
• DSK- The Edutainment Awards-2016 contribution towards creative Industry.
• Suryadatta National Award-2016 for excellence in the field of Banking & Finance.[37]
• Bollywood on Air- Awards & Rewards-2016 for- Play Back singing- for Movie Jai Gangajal.
• Woman of the Year - 2015 awarded by Army, Airforce, Navy (AAN foundation) towards – service to Woman’s Dignity & Equality in society

I seriously fear that this lady will destroy future of her husband one day. Excellence in Banking??? Bhagavan.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:41 am

She has an insatiable thirst for limelight and it is cringeworthy. All these wiki entries are there because she put them there herself or via her PR team. I believe her husband's future was destroyed the day this woman stepped on his shoulders to take the leap towards bhaiwood & self promotion.

You saw the list of awards, did you see her entries under 'As a Social Activist' ! Makes you throw up. Such a social climber and a wannabe. I am amazed that she has managed not to create a controversy till now. Anyway, it is just a matter of time before this wannabe couple is booted out by BJP and a leader who is more connected to grassroots is sworn in.

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:28 am

It will be a great pity. DF is an honest and good person administratively. Did and doing some good work. But optics are critical for the nation and we are not in the US. I do hope DF and this lady listens to what BJP supporters are saying.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:12 pm

Yagnasri wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:28 am
It will be a great pity. DF is an honest and good person administratively. Did and doing some good work. But optics are critical for the nation and we are not in the US. I do hope DF and this lady listens to what BJP supporters are saying.
looks like she has political ambitions of her own outside of just being the chief minister's wife, something like what imran khan's last wife had before he was forced to dump her because she was undercutting him.

pussy whipped does not augur well for men in power, especially men nominated into power, without any mass base of their own.

she is setting up to start an NGO with loads of foreign "donation" money, so she is sucking up to potential donors and benefactors.

She has NIL electoral prospects in both the LS and the RS. NGO is the only path to her ambitions. Hence, the open display of her social access to bhaiwood, padres and political connections.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 pm

She is being played. this is going to end badly.

Trilobite
BGR Member

Post by Trilobite » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 pm

Seems like the Karni Sena and their backers have made a complete ass of themselves. At least that is what the audience thinks.

Padmaavat: What’s the fuss about? Viewers wonder after watching Bhansali’s film
A Rajput viewer, who requested anonymity, made it a point to watch the first show in Mumbai’s Cinepolis and said it was an “excellent” effort by Bhansali and actually glorifies their culture.

He also said there was nothing offensive in the movie, or in the Ghoomar song.

“I am a Rajput and it pains me to see why people are behaving the way they are over this film. The violence, the threats, all are unnecessary and sad. We don’t and can never support that,” he said.

Chunky Mehta, who also watched the film in the same theatre, said it presents the Rajput community in a good light and it is a “shame” that some people are creating an unsafe atmosphere. “It is a one time watch film. But any sensible person watching the film can say that there is nothing wrong or bad in the film,” he added.

Dhruv Singh, who hails from Rajasthan, which has seen several violent protests, referred to the “dream sequence” between Padmavati and Khilji, which several groups had objected to despite Bhansali clarifying that there was no such scene.

“There was not a single dream sequence in the film so I don’t know what the fuss is all about. The attack on children, burning buses is not something we Rajputs endorse. It is shameful what’s happening.

“I would request people to not be scared and come out and watch the film. I hope the protests can finally stop,” he said.

Delhi audiences seemed to be in agreement.

“The movie is quite surreal. It has been shot beautifully. There is no dream sequence in the movie nor is there any scene featuring Ranveer and Deepika. The protests are wrong,” Varun, a professional working in an MNC, said after catching a show at the PVR Plaza in New Delhi.

A young couple was also in the audience at the early morning show and had booked their tickets in advance.

“After watching the film we felt all this violence and protests are irrelevant. There is nothing offensive about the film,” said the man, who asked not to be named.

Priya, a college student, said Bhansali honours “woman power” in his latest film.
“The way Bhansali has created Padmavati is beautiful. The female characters are really strong. I really liked Deepika in the film,” she said.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:19 pm

at the same time I read how women felt bad for Khilji cos he couldn't get the love of his life and he was 'forced to violence for being turned down'.
This HT article should be taken as PR to Bhaiwood.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:31 pm

Ilaya Raja has been conferred Padma Vibhushan! (melody and strength of his music can be gauged from the fact that Naarthies like me hear him w/o understanding Tamil/Telugu). Sometimes my requests on SM to confer him with BR was RT by heavy weights.
ANI
‏Verified account

The #PadmaVibhushan award conferred upon me is an indication of PM Modi led government's respect to Tamil people & Tamil Nadu: Music Director Ilaiyaraaja
https://twitter.com/ANI/status/956558821677195264

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:39 pm

New round of reservation stir around the corner

CHANDIGARH: Jats will join Patels and Marathas in their fight to get reservation in government jobs and during admission to state-run educational institutes, a senior Jat leader said today.

Leaders from these three communities will meet in Delhi on February 25 and on the next day, announce the programme for a joint agitation, All India Jat Aarkashan Sangharsh Samiti (AIJASS) chief Yashpal Malik, said.

"The joint meeting of members from the Jat, Patel and Maratha communities will be held in Delhi to chalk out a strategy to launch an agitation for reservation in government jobs and educational institutes," he said.

//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/62651707.cms?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=ETTWMain&utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:01 pm

Indrad wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:31 pm
ANI
‏Verified account

The #PadmaVibhushan award conferred upon me is an indication of PM Modi led government's respect to Tamil people & Tamil Nadu: Music Director Ilaiyaraaja
https://twitter.com/ANI/status/956558821677195264
Uh oh! That right there is a Sanghi/Bhakt/Saffronite. How could he utter Modi's name when he receives a "secular" award? He must wapsi it right away.

<end sarcasm>

There is a saying in TN:
M.S. Viswanathan made Tamils listen to Tamil music, in an era where they were listening to Hindi music.
Ilaiyaraaja made Hindi-ians listen to Tamil music, in an era where they were listening to Hindi music.

It sounds much better when said in Tamil.

This truly is a great day for TN, Music and IR.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:03 pm

Indrad wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:19 pm
at the same time I read how women felt bad for Khilji cos he couldn't get the love of his life and he was 'forced to violence for being turned down'.
This HT article should be taken as PR to Bhaiwood.
Yup, caught those chickflick tweets. I know a few of my SHQ's friends who would watch this movie and go "Awwwwww"!!!

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:12 pm

SSundar wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:03 pm
Yup, caught those chickflick tweets. I know a few of my SHQ's friends who would watch this movie and go "Awwwwww"!!!
Saba Naqvi
‏@_sabanaqvi

Post film spot poll in packed hall housewives tell me they loved ranvir Singh. One said khilji rocks. Shahid dull.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:46 pm

Indrad wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:12 pm
SSundar wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:03 pm
Saba Naqvi
‏@_sabanaqvi

Post film spot poll in packed hall housewives tell me they loved ranvir Singh. One said khilji rocks. Shahid dull.
Sonam Mahajan

Verified account

@AsYouNotWish
9h9 hours ago
More
What Karni Sena is doing is only helping Bhansali. He has smartly gotten away with all the glorification of Khilji. End of the day, Khilji has won. A sexual predator is being sympathised with, for having lost. His lust has been rebranded as love.

This is exactly what we feared.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:17 am

OK, so over the last couple of weeks two news channels have released the results of large-scale surveys on 2019 election if it were to be held now.

Republic gives NDA 335 seats, and ABP gives NDA 297-305 seats.

Both surveys show huge gains for NDA in east and northeast.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:33 am

BTW, this is a good guy whom the BJP will do well to recruit:

http://www.news18.com/news/politics/jay ... 41103.html

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:29 am

concurred. doesn't seem to have any mass base but would be a decent intellectual & TV face.

Rudradev
BGR Newbie

Post by Rudradev » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:17 am

As a baseline, NDA in 2014 won 336 LS seats, with 282 for the BJP alone.

I would hope for 362+ NDA in 2019 (2/3 majority). 297-305 is really cutting it a bit close (hope that takes into account the possible absence of Shiv Sena from NDA).

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:44 am

chetak wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:41 am
luloo convicted in the third fodder scam case.
I dropped the ball (or should I say the bale :mrgreen: ) on this - you beat me to it.

I hope it is not some kind of "concurrent" sentence with the 3.5 years he is doing now. Since the two scams are separated in time, I hope they have given him back-to-back sentences. These, plus the other cases that are pending, should keep him in the slammer till kingdom come.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:00 pm

Jay Panda comes across as a thoughtful politician and India would be better off if there are more politicians like him coming up and make up the community of politicians in any party instead of the old template of caste leaders, sycophants, family, criminal who converts to politician etc.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:36 pm

Rudradev wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:17 am
As a baseline, NDA in 2014 won 336 LS seats, with 282 for the BJP alone.

I would hope for 362+ NDA in 2019 (2/3 majority). 297-305 is really cutting it a bit close (hope that takes into account the possible absence of Shiv Sena from NDA).
Indeed. Since these same surveys predict Congis to get more seats than 2014, we need BJP to be sitting on a much stronger cushion so Modi's position is not threatened. Besides, it is that much better for passing groundbreaking legislation without being stalled by the opposition.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:42 pm

why no one wants to mess with Karni Sena: NDTV perspective https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/why-no- ... na-1805078
Rajputs, who have traditionally been BJP supporters, make up nearly 12 per cent of voters in Rajasthan and can be the clincher in 50 of the 200 seats. And in an election year, no political party seems keen on taking on the Karni Sena.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:14 pm

The gains in NE, Odisha etc may compensate for some losses in not repeating the sweep in some states like before.

SS pullout does make it dicey in a big state like MH with vote consolidation for congress, ncp and vote splitting for bjp, SS.

AP and TG would be crucial as well.

TN will be zero for bjp and I really hope they won't need to barter with either dmk or admk.

But the single largest party will have the power to build up numbers and we've seen bjp being able to build that in state elections, even when not being the single largest. I really don't see congress beating bjp as single largest party.

2019 will be modi, the only question is the numbers of bjp, nda and post election allies.

one comfort is that nda will be majority in RS. So any weakening in LS by taking on allies can be compensated from RS majority.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:17 pm

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/i ... 2018-01-26
New Indian Express dubs Padma Vibhushan to IR as dalit outreach. Wish I could beat editor to pulp!

Actually IR was a dalit christian he converted to Hinduism and continued with music, this story is never given prominence unlike ARR converting to Islam.

Prasan
BGR Newbie

Post by Prasan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:25 pm

Indrad wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:42 pm
why no one wants to mess with Karni Sena: NDTV perspective https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/why-no- ... na-1805078
Rajputs, who have traditionally been BJP supporters, make up nearly 12 per cent of voters in Rajasthan and can be the clincher in 50 of the 200 seats. And in an election year, no political party seems keen on taking on the Karni Sena.
If they take action media is gonna paint BJP as monster like Manohar Khattar for shooting rioters of Ram rahim. Its.sad those who take action are treated like this. Its a election ploy by congress

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:25 pm

at the same time I read how women felt bad for Khilji cos he couldn't get the love of his life and he was 'forced to violence for being turned down'. This HT article should be taken as PR to Bhaiwood.
Yup, caught those chickflick tweets. I know a few of my SHQ's friends who would watch this movie and go "Awwwwww"!!! ....

Saba Naqvi ... ‏@_sabanaqvi ... Post film spot poll in packed hall housewives tell me they loved ranvir Singh. One said khilji rocks. Shahid dull.
Modiji and Yogiji both DE-FACTO supported unbanning of this sick movie Padmavati
Anyone who supports unbanning of this Padmavati movie should be taken as part of BIF . He may be part of BIRF (= break india rapidly forces) OR he may be part of BISF (= break India slowly forces). And he may be also part of FIF (FIF = fool india forces).

But anyone who supports unbanning of this sick Padmavati movie cannot be part of SIF = save india forces