The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
chetak
Forum Moderator

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by chetak » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:33 pm

twitter
BJP in Power can’t properly probe UPA top guns.

Congress- Out of Power, May get BJP top probed.

Introspect BJP!

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:40 pm

twitter

Catholic ChurchIndia‏ @indianbishops
Follow Follow @indianbishops
More

Catholic ChurchIndia Retweeted Karuna Nundy

We should be proud of these Judges who have the courage to speak up for the citizens

twitter

Ohh,now its very clear who was taken intiative,Congrats justice Kurian Joseph.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:44 pm

the church "blessed" a large number of bulls taking part in the jallikattu.

jallikattu has now been de Hinduised completely.

not a SINGLE animal rights organisation or bleddy "activists" have protested.

twitter
Bhau @iMac_too have you seen any objection or protest to Jallikaatu this year?? IOI realized its not a Hindu festival & that Dravidian Hindus are part of the IOI & it doesn’t suit them to take them on!!

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:51 pm

https://youtu.be/ivnAL-JPPaY
In 2006,INC slammed into all Pvt., non pvt., aided unaided edu institutions' doors,run by the majority, via a consti amendment so big,yet so small on paper that the"right"took years to even fathom what had hit them
Only 3 minutes of your time to understand

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:31 pm

MehtaRahulC wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:00 pm
AajTak says that there is a rumor that RSS leader Pravin Togadia may have been arrested by IPS. And many pro-Togadia RSS-activists in Ahmedabad believed in this rumor and did a chakka-jam i.e. blocked the traffic on roads
https://www.ndtv.com/ahmedabad-news/vis ... ps-1800353

Pravin Togadia, Who Went 'Missing', Found Unconscious In Park
Four police teams had been trying to trace Mr Togadia after his supporters hit the road, holding protests and alleging that the police had a hand in his disappearance.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:51 am

A junior judge has reportedly demolished the Qtiya 4

The strain was obvious when the uneasy calm was broken by a barrage of angry words from a 'junior judge' who took on the 'famous four' for "bringing disrepute" to the institution and providing "hawkish politicians" a handle to scheme and plot in the judiciary's affairs.
"By going to the press, you wanted to tell the world that only senior judges are competent to handle cases and junior judges are not. You have killed the institution, its reputation and maligned every single judge," the junior judge said.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 515512.cms

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:03 am

Paad mat poster released with disclaimers

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:20 am

twitter

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:29 am

Primus wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:01 pm
However, my feeling is that this has backfired for the Congoons as their ace-in-the-hole is now exposed. How the nation deals with it will depend largely on the social media warriors and it is gratifying to see they are mostly against the Judges.
The common man is steadily loosing (or all most lost) his blind faith in the judiciary. We must also remember that Mr. Justice Karnan had levelled corruption charges on very many judges (Kurian Joseph, J.Chalameshwar et.al), who were now doing the protest drama. So looks like Mr. Justice Karnan was right all along. Self-certified Dalit champions should also accept that Karnan was also from the same community, yet he landed up in prison for six months.

There were earlier reports that CJI has reconstituted the Constitution Bench, which would hear Aadhaar & Sabari Mala related cases. None of the four judges who went to the press are in the new bench. The "secular" politicians have also now done a down-hill sking after realizing that their last attempt backfired too.

1) Four senior-most SC judges attend court, BCI says 'story over'
2)Row will be sorted out soon, CJI assures lawyers

madhub
BGR Newbie

Post by madhub » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:42 am

Indrad wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:38 am
Raga's temple visit continues, forget him even Robert Vadra are crypto Xtians of his party are thronging temples
http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-new ... 3Jf2J.html
it will be nice to see how much of this temple run benefits RaGa. what percentage of hindus move to Cong from BJP and how much of Muslim move away from Cong. looks like there experiment in Gujrat was positive as per cong that it is still willing to do temple run.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:42 am

CJI Dipak Misra sets up five-judge constitution bench sans rebel SC judges, to hear major issues
16 Jan 2018

NEW DELHI: Amid a virtual rift between the Chief Justice Dipak Misra and four senior-most judges over assignment of important cases, the Supreme Court today announced the composition of a 5-judge constitution bench headed by the CJI, which does not include them.

None of the four judges -- Justices J Chelameswar, Ranjan Gogoi, M B Lokur and Kurian Joseph, feature in the list of members of the 5-judge constitution bench.

As per official information, the 5-judge bench, comprising Chief Justice Dipak Misra, Justice A K Sikri, Justice A M Khanwilkar, Justice D Y Chandrachud and Justice Ashok Bhushan, will commence the hearing on a range of crucial matters from January 17.

As per the list of business for tomorrow, the 5-judge bench will hear major cases such as those challenging the constitutional validity of the Aadhaar Act and its 2013 judgement re-criminalising gay sex between consenting adults.

The same combination of judges had last year heard various constitution bench matters from October 10, including the power tussle between the Centre and the Delhi government over administrative jurisdiction and a matter relating to passive euthanasia.

This bench would also hear the contentious issue of the ban on the entry of women between 10 and 50 years of age in Kerala's Sabarimala temple and resume hearing a legal query on whether a Parsi woman would lose her religious identity if she marries a man from a different religion.

Another contentious matter relates to the challenge to the validity of a penal law on adultery, which only punishes a married man for having an extra-marital sexual relationship with a woman married to someone else.

The other issues to be dealt with by constitution bench include the pleas, which have raised a question as to when will a lawmaker, facing criminal trial, stand disqualified.

All these matters were earlier referred to larger benches for adjudication by different benches of the apex court.

The daily list of business for tomorrow shows that the two PILs seeking probe into Loya's death are listed before a bench headed by Justice Arun Mishra, against whom aspersions were cast by a senior advocate in public.

In their unprecedented press conference on Friday, the four senior judges of the apex court had mounted a virtual revolt against the CJI, listing a litany of problems, including the assignment of cases. They had also raised questions over listing of PILs concerning Loya's death.

An office bearer of the Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) said a copy of their resolution was submitted by its president Vikas Singh to the CJI yesterday, but have not heard anything from the top court as yet.

Singh had expressed hope that all judges of the apex court would consider the SCBA resolution seeking a full court discussion to defuse the crisis plaguing the higher judiciary.

The SCBA, at an emergency meeting on Sunday, had passed the resolution expressing grave concern over the differences of four senior-most judges with the CJI.

It had said that all public interest litigation (PIL) matters, including the pending PILs, should be either taken up by the CJI or be assigned for adjudication to four senior judges who are part of the apex court collegium.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:04 am

1. about judge Dipak Misra

judge Dipak Misra had banned Jallikatju. He had ruled that Jallikatju is cruelty on bulls !! Also Dipak' Misra's grand father was congress MLA since 1940 and even after freedom. Dipak Misra's father was also congress MLA/MP. Dipak Misra's one uncle was CjI and another uncle was congress MP !! His cousin Pinaki Misra was congress MP and now his cousin Pinaki Misra is Biju Jatana Dal MP !! Pls see more at https://www.outlookindia.com/magazine/s ... ral/299224 . And you guys want to us to believe that Dipak Misra is uber patriot !!! Well, good luck with you. To me , he looks like just another congress/rss leader. All in all, imo Dipak Misra is also BIF agent just like other 4 judges.
===

2. Pravin Togadiaji accuse some apex leaders of planning Togadia's MURDER !!!! :shock: :o

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/953142404743290880

"ANI‏Verified account : I am being targeted for a decade old case, there is an attempt to suppress my voice. Rajasthan Police team came to arrest me. Someone told me plan was being made to kill me in an encounter : Pravin Togadia"
So RSS-leader Pravid Togadia is accusing that Rajasthan IPS was trying to murder him !!! So which apex leader is Togadiaji accusing of hatching this conspiracy to murder Togadiaji? I dare not answer, given that too many trolls are around. But imo its clear that RSS is now doing what cpm / congress used to do. There is no difference between RSS and congress now. And now given that RaGa has also started temple run, superficial difference is also reducing. All we need is congress to shout VM and BMKJ with same decibel level, and difference between RSS and congress will be absolute zero.

=====

3. what is bailin nonsense?

What is Bailin nonsense ? Say you have FD of Rs 50 lakh in a PSU bank like SBI. Say FD is for 5 years and 8% interest per year.

Then as per today's rules,

(a) SBI is required to give you Rs 50 lakh plus 8% interest compounded quarterly minus taxes on maturity date.

(b) And say you want money back after 2 years i.e. pre-mature redemption. Then say interest rate for 2 year FD was not 8% but 6%. Then SBI has to give Rs 50 lakh full principle , plus (6% - 1% = 5%) interest for 2 years minus taxes. This 1% is called penalty in banking business. And as per today's rule, bank cannot impose "lock in" on FD i.e. "no redemption before maturity date", unless FD is tax saving FD
These are TODAY's rules.
Now Sri Modiji is bringing a new called as FRDI law which has bailin provision. What is this bailin nonsense?
FRDI says that PM will appoint some 10-15 men in a new Central Govt body called as FRC i.e. Financial Resolution Corporation.
And bailin clause says that with permission of FRC, SBI or any PSU bank or any private bank can call you and say one or more of the following
(1) Your Rs 50 lakh FD is now Rs 30 lakh !!! i.e. part or whole of principal amount can be trimmed !!

(2) Premature withdrawal facility is cancelled i.e. there is LOCK IN i.e. now you will get back money ONLY after 5 years and not before even if you want 1% lesser interest !!!

(3) Interest on your FD has been reduced from 8% to 6% or 0% !!

(4) Your five year FD is now converted into a 10 year FD with lockin i.e. no premature withdrawal for 10 years

(5) Bailin can also apply on savings and current account - i.e PSU or private bank with permission of FRC can convert part of you savings account money into FD with lockin period !!

etc etc

The bank can also use combination i.e. convert your Rs 50 lakh 5 year 8% no lockin FD into a new FD of Rs 30 lakhs, with 10 years LOCK IN and 5% interest per year. You and your FD is at mercy of men appointed by PM in Financial Resolution Corporation. And bailin is also applicable on savings and current account, not just FDs !!! Of course, there will be checks and balances and smoke and mirror before bailin is used. And bailin will be used on sparingly - not every week, but say only once a year !!!

IOW, Modiji is bringing law which will enable SBI and other PSU banks and private banks to do a bailin i.e. use FDs and also savings and current accounts to pay for losses made by NPA creators !!

I dont want to discuss this bailin nonsense any further. I am only working to see how bailin nonsense clauses can be removed before or after FRDI bill is passed. Each one of you can decide whether you are pro-bailin or anti-bailin.

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:14 am

That is a whole lot of fear-mongering with regards to FRDI Bill. Many of the points you raise have been explained here: http://www.opindia.com/2017/12/banks-ca ... factcheck/

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:27 am

Pravin Togadia claims there is threat to his life, says will surrender before court once cleared by doctors
What's up with this chap now? A new fight being orchestrated between the right & extreme-right?

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:31 am

Togadia has been out of favour for quite some time now, almost like Bannon being abandoned even by Breitbart faithful.

naruto
BGR Newbie

Post by naruto » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:47 am

Weren't there rumours that Togadia worked against bjp in the recent Guj elections? There is something going on there.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:04 am

How come allegations by Justice Karnan were thrown in the dustbin while Allegations by 4-horsemen are assumed to be ultimate truth.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:08 am

MehtaRahulC wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:04 am
1. about judge Dipak Misra

judge Dipak Misra had banned Jallikatju. He had ruled that Jallikatju is cruelty on bulls !! Also Dipak' Misra's grand father was congress MLA since 1940 and even after freedom. Dipak Misra's father was also congress MLA/MP. Dipak Misra's one uncle was CjI and another uncle was congress MP !! His cousin Pinaki Misra was congress MP and now his cousin Pinaki Misra is Biju Jatana Dal MP !! Pls see more at https://www.outlookindia.com/magazine/s ... ral/299224 . And you guys want to us to believe that Dipak Misra is uber patriot !!! Well, good luck with you. To me , he looks like just another congress/rss leader. All in all, imo Dipak Misra is also BIF agent just like other 4 judges.
===
Rahul Ii, No one expects him to be flag bearer of Indic nationalism. I think people are alluding to him being lesser shade of green (or whatever color) than others. Of course even Vaghela was a RSS Pracharak for all his life till he became a Congressi. So past has no bearing on future leanings (Fake or real).

PS: Why do you carry so much of negativity about everything and anything under the sun. Just chill. Most of the elite is in grey and not B&W as you portray them to be.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:19 am

Shakuni wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:14 am
That is a whole lot of fear-mongering with regards to FRDI Bill. Many of the points you raise have been explained here: http://www.opindia.com/2017/12/banks-ca ... factcheck/
There is no fear anymore.

Till now, IMPLICIT UNWRITTEN UNSPOKEN commitment from Govt was
(1) PSU bank deposit of ANY amount , be Rs 1 lakh or Rs 10000 crore is 200% safe, principal as well as interest
(2) Private bank deposit is safe upto Rs 1 lakh
FRDI and bailin provisions put end to it. And FRDI bill clearly says that any amount higher than deposit guarantee (which can be say 10 lakhs) can be and may be (and will be) used for bailin !!
So till now, unspoken guarantee was in PSU bank was UNLIMITED. And now written promise is -- bailin
Anyway --- you are pro-bailin. Thats fine. each one on his own. I am anti-bailin. Good luck with your support for bailin. I will move ahead with my anti-bailin "negative" mentality.

====

Dear all --- no more posts from me on this bailin nonsense. As I said, each one has to decide and act. There isnt much to discuss about FRDI and bailin nonsense. You only need to decide. In life, decisions are useful, discussions are useless.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:40 am

I never thought I will say something like this. Rahul Mehta is very good. He talked about some Nexus between Togadia and Hardik Patel. Now two from this camp visited Togadia.

Nothing is clear these days. Who is meeting who.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:41 am

Some more clarity on the raw courage, extraordinary humility, unimpeachable character and heroism displayed by the gang of 4 'rebel' hizzoners onlee...

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:17 am

syam wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:40 am
Rahul Mehta is very good. He talked about some Nexus between Togadia and Hardik Patel. Now two from this camp visited Togadia.
:) Mehta-ji is like the ever-discreet Special Branch police man ;). I too don't agree with many of his political view points, but I feel that he exactly knows what is happening behind the scenes.

Togadia is also a VHP leader, like Ashok Singhal*. Was'nt Singhal leading the VHP during the Babri Masjid demolition? Because at that time BJP and VHP seemed to be great friends. It may be some where after 2010-2012 that I feel things started changing. Togadia seems to be actually working as an agent for the INC, and was seen as the most readily available Hindutwavadi who can make some non-sense speech and deflect attention when INC was facing heavy fire. This may be the same time when in South India, an unknown Pramod Muthalik came up with the Shri Ram Sene again for the very same purpose. Now it looks like Togadia and Muthalik are the INC-sponsored "Hindu right wingers" who are always ready at the doors to start religious hate mongering, if it helps INC.

* Singhal's list was a list of temples he wanted to be remade.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:32 am

naruto wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:47 am
Weren't there rumours that Togadia worked against bjp in the recent Guj elections? There is something going on there.
Togodia has always been anti-BJP for the last 15 years. His job is to make provocative statements which are beneficial to INC where Hindus are evil perpetrators and minorities are white as milk. See my post of BRF for the last 10 years I have stated this, it is good that this has come out. The INC does have a team included 1 or 2 Shankaracharyas who will keep BJP not Hindu enough for them to benefit.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:38 am

Times of India‏Verified account
@timesofindia
Follow Follow @timesofindia
More
#BREAKING | Government subsidy to Haj pilgrims withdrawn; government says decision is part of its agenda of empowerment of minorities without appeasement

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:05 am

History of how Togadia & Modi fell out (article is from 2014 even then Togadia worked against Modi, it appears article written by Togadia himself :mrgreen: ) https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/new ... 068095.cms
AHMEDABAD: Their names were once synonymous with the growth of Hindutva in Gujarat. Narendra Modi (64) and Dr Pravin Togadia (58) used to attend RSS shakhas together in Ahmedabad in the 1980s.They were the rising hawks in the parivar who were often seen together at Hedgewar Bhavan in Maninagar, the Sangh's headquarters in what is now Modi's assembly constituency in Ahmedabad.

Many recall how the duo would travel on a motorcycle or scooter across Gujarat spreading the Sangh's ideology. Togadia always rode the bike with Modi as pillion. The Sangh clearly saw potential in both. Togadia, a cancer surgeon, was drafted into the VHP in 1983 and Modi, a full-time pracharak, was inducted into the BJP in 1984. But they remained a pair, always helping each other execute plans which eventually helped the BJP's ascent to power in Gujarat in 1995.

With Keshubhai Patel becoming chief minister, both were in the core committee which took important decisions for the government. When the Keshubhai government was rattled by Shankersinh Vaghela's rebellion, they fought him together. When Vaghela imprisoned Togadia, it was Modi who took to the streets in support. When Modi was banished from Gujarat in 1995 for being a source of trouble for the government, Togadia inched closer to Keshubhai and continued to wield considerable power.

During the period from 1995 to 2001, Modi was persona non grata in Gujarat and hardly any BJP leader wanted to be seen in his company. Since Modi was barred from the BJP office in Ahmedabad, he used to spend time in the VHP office during his visits to the city.

Togadia was one of the few leaders kept in the loop by Advani when the decision was taken to make Modi chief minister in October 2001. Togadia agreed to the change and got his right-hand man Gordhan Zadaphia inducted as minister of state for home in the Modi cabinet. Togadia had a substantial say in postings of saffronized police officers, many of who played a dubious role in the post-Godhra riots in February-March 2002 when the VHP and Bajrang Dal cadres unleashed a wave of terror.

The subsequent assembly elections in December 2002 saw Togadia address more than 100 rallies in support of the BJP, using a helicopter non-stop for almost two weeks. Things changed when Modi won the elections. He immediately dropped Zadaphia from his council of ministers, in a clear signal to Togadia that his interference in governance was no longer required. The process of consultation with Togadia and other Sangh Parivar outfits stopped.

In fact, many of them were targeted. A Togadia aide, Ashwin Patel, was booked for sedition for sending an SMS which challenged Modi's Hindutva credentials. The Bharatiya Kisan Sangh was evicted from its government quarters for launching a farmers' agitation.

The relationship came under further strain when, under pressure from the Supreme Court, the Modi government was forced to reopen riots cases and start arresting VHP and Bajrang Dal workers who had led the mobs. On Modi's instructions, VHP workers protesting against Advanis remarks in praise of Jinnah in Pakistan, were beaten up by police in Ahmedabad. The government also demolished nearly 200 temples in Gandhinagar, which provoked VHP stalwart Ashok Singhal to compare Modi with Ghazni.

Strangely, while Singhal patched up with Modi, Togadia remains stubbornly opposed to the Sangh's endorsement of the Gujarat chief minister's national ambitions. In recent years, he sparingly visited Gujarat, citing a threat to his life. He ridiculed Modi's "sadbhavana" overtures towards Muslims in 2011 and accused him of dumping the Hindutva agenda for the sake of an image make-over. Saturday's meeting in Bhavnagar, where he spewed venom at Muslims, may just be an excuse for Modi to settle old scores.