The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by Rahul M » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:51 pm

AbhishekC wrote:If Theresa May had tried to blackmail IG, like she did Modi on 8-Nov-2016
what on earth was this about, anybody cares to explain ?

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:58 pm

btw, regarding b'lore schools someone like singha ji would be best placed to comment.

however, an international school like silver oaks would be among the poshest, meant for the wards of kaaptaans of industry, if I am not wrong.

f.e, http://www.south.dpsbangalore.net/index ... nformation is a pretty standard school one assumes and none of the fees exceed 60k,annually. and please note that the fees are lowest for classes I toX and highest for pre-nursery.

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:08 pm

insinuation sir, if it is not backed, please take appropriate action.

anjan
BGR Newbie

Post by anjan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:23 pm

SSundar wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:35 pm
We owe our service men and women a lot, and have no excuse to penny-pinch on them. However, we need to know what the bell curve looks like, in order to prevent some Generals and Admirals abuse this benefit to send their kids to lavish schools.
Really? How is this supposed to work? Are Generals and Admirals going out to die so that their children are getting an education? This is funding for martyrs's children. The children of people who went out to die so the rest of us don't have to.

Nothing is sacred anymore. Let's fling mud because the govt has to be desperately protected for partisan reasons. This is what self declared patriots are now down to.

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:45 pm

frankly, why is a 10K pm limit not considered reasonable & adequate ? this is not about respecting martyrs, this is just making a dog & pony show for the heck of it. I am sure the martyrs whose sacrifices are used to justify this claptrap would agree.

if there's no upper limit what's to stop schools & such to charge 1 lakh p.m for martyr's kids. how about 1 crore ? after all, there's no upper limit right, so the Indian public would have to pay for enriching some school owner while the martyr's kid doesn't get any better education than he/she would have gotten in a 10k p.m institution. like I said, this has nothing to do with respect for martyrs.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:50 pm

Rahul M wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:45 pm
frankly, why is a 10K pm limit not considered reasonable & adequate ? this is not about respecting martyrs, this is just making a dog & pony show for the heck of it. I am sure the martyrs whose sacrifices are used to justify this claptrap would agree.

if there's no upper limit what's to stop schools & such to charge 1 lakh p.m for martyr's kids. how about 1 crore ? after all, there's no upper limit right, so the Indian public would have to pay for enriching some school owner while the martyr's kid doesn't get any better education than he/she would have gotten in a 10k p.m institution. like I said, this has nothing to do with respect for martyrs.
I think that this 10K limit is for fees, hostel, books, uniforms ete etc.

Seen in that light, it may nor stretch very far.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:00 pm

Rahul M wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:58 pm
fees are lowest for classes I toX and highest for pre-nursery.
of course..seems counter intuitive if you have never been to a decent nursery. you need a teacher plus an attendant for toilets, and food and supplies like diapers etc...and you can usually have around dozen per class, so higher cost per student.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:22 pm

Rahul, Thats interesting. In the UK which I'm used to education and health is pretty much free. So.. this concept of paying for education is rather new.

But I don't understand why they need to be paid to begin with. I know kids of armed forces are provided with free education in military schools, maybe they dont get it if they are martyred.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:44 pm

anjan wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:23 pm
Really? How is this supposed to work? Are Generals and Admirals going out to die so that their children are getting an education? This is funding for martyrs's children. The children of people who went out to die so the rest of us don't have to.
First, sorry, I overlooked the part where it said the benefit is for martyrs and disabled only. Second, even with that caveat, a reasonable limit is not outrageous. If 10K is too low, people could certainly ask for a higher limit. The article itself mentions some outliers who have availed of over 1.5 lakhs per month.

anjan
BGR Newbie

Post by anjan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:19 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:22 pm
But I don't understand why they need to be paid to begin with. I know kids of armed forces are provided with free education in military schools, maybe they dont get it if they are martyred.
Pray tell where this free armed forces education is at? The two odd colleges that the Army operates like AIT operate out of regimental funds that are collected from contributions from personnel not govt. money. They're super competitive and they're not free either. They're the makeshift substitute that the Army came up with to provide something, anything.

anjan
BGR Newbie

Post by anjan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:24 pm

Rahul M wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:45 pm

Is it happening? Did someone charge a 1cr in fees per month? In this program since it's inception after the 1971 war? Or are you just setting up your happy little strawman?

A man dies for his country and people don't want to pay to educate his children. But on the same thread poster after poster will suggest dumping money into MNREGA so people can dig up and fill up holes for political gains. That apparently we have money for.

manju
BGR Newbie

Post by manju » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:40 pm

KL Dubey wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:40 pm
The BGR mods have not established a Modi Sarkaar Whines thread like the one that was created on BRF. High time for this.

I dont know if the website technology allows this, but one more idea: perhaps an intermediate step to banning posters would be to restrict them to posting on the Whines thread.

In addition to the poster titles such as Newbie, BGRite etc, can Whiner be a title for some habitual cases?
:rotfl: :rotfl: you mean a quarantine thread :rotfl: :rotfl:

I support this 101% only. need this badly.. too much negative sh!t floating around and clogging the flow here

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:54 am

anjan wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:19 pm
Pray tell where this free armed forces education is at? The two odd colleges that the Army operates like AIT operate out of regimental funds that are collected from contributions from personnel not govt. money. They're super competitive and they're not free either. They're the makeshift substitute that the Army came up with to provide something, anything.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_ ... ic_Schools

I know these are free because my cousin is in the Indian army and can send his kid there - but I’m not sure if it is open to other arms of the military. PS - a colleague of mine studied in one of those schools too

Perhaps if you did some research before posting in an accusatory tone, it would lead to more meaningful discussions.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:49 am

KL Dubey wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:24 pm
If this continues, Moderators really need to act in my opinion.
How will moderator action stop BIF like David Fadnavis?
Or rather, what do YOU suggest can/should moderators do to stop BIF like David Fadnavis?
PS : :rotfl:
=======================
judges corruption / nepotism issue in India and on BRF

I arrived to BRF in around year 2000 AD.

It was some 1 year after BRF arrived on earth.

In my very first months, I started discussing issue of rampant corruption, rampant nepotism and rampant nexus prevelent in judges from supreme to magistracy from 5000 BC till now across the India and across world. And boy, almost every BRFite those days was a judge-rakshak and also a devout murtipujak (murtipujak = nyaya-murti-pujak = someone who worships judges) !!! I used to get tons of bashing for writing against corruption of SCjs and other judges.

The solution I had proposed back then was same as what I propose today - expel all judges first from magistracy to CjI. They are most useless people in Indian admin. No honest indian will miss them. Policemen are corrupt, but useful. IAS are corrupt, but some 20% are useful. Ministers are corrupt, but some 20% are useful and we need them anyway. But ALL judges are useless and over 80% are corrupt.
Next, have Jury System in ALL courts and tribunals from magistrate's courts to Supreme Court. And have Right to Recall over all judges from magistrates to supreme judges. QED
====
The current fistfight in judges is because CjI is giving all plump cases to his favorites. eg consider most lucrative case - Ram Janam Bhoomi Devalaya case = RJBD case. Because 80% population of India is Hindu, and due to procedure of election, judges have NO option but to give verdict in favor of Devalaya. (not due to Modiji or rss, they all ONLY delayed the eventual decision by 25 years and also killed Krishna JBC and Kashi Vishvanath Devalaya movements). But if Devalaya comes before may-2019, then rss can claim victory and get votes in may-2019. And if decision comes after may-2019, then congress gains. So judges in this case can earn a fortune. Instead of giving case to 5 seniormost judges, the CjI gives that plumpest case to himself and 2 JUNIORS !!!

The judge rakshaks on BRF and elsewhere will now say - only pro-congress judges are corrupt and pro-rss judges are all clean and non corrupt and non nexused. NONSENSE. But whats else do you expect from judge rakshaks.

So ALL this fight between CjI and other judges is ONLY for MONEY and nothing else. I request pro-India people NOT to waste time in taking sides, and focus in bringing SOLUTIONS - namely RTR judges and Jury System.

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:47 am

i would broadly agree with the arguments that many are making that this has less to do with any principles or political agenda than a internal fight over the loaves and fishes.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:49 am

For A Second Term Please Do The Rights Things, Mr Prime Minister! (swarajya)

Minhaz Merchant has some good pointers in this balanced piece.

He BTW is an Indic well-wisher as well as pro-NM and is no BIF or whatever just because he is expressing his concerns etc in addition to the positives.
But 2019 won’t be a cakewalk. The BJP on its own won 171 of its 282 Lok Sabha seats in 2014 from just five states: Uttar Pradesh (71/80), Gujarat (26/26), Rajasthan (25/25), Madhya Pradesh (26/29) and Maharashtra (23/48). Obviously, the clean sweep in Gujarat and Rajasthan, the juggernaut in Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh and the big numbers in Maharashtra will not be repeated. Lightning doesn’t strike twice.

Allies are another problem. The Shiv Sena could pose problems in Maharashtra. The Telugu Desam Party (TDP) has lost ground in Andhra Pradesh.
OK, so , just how bad could this get?
He will need to factor an erosion in these five states of around 30 seats from Rajasthan (where Sachin Pilot’s Other Backward Classses outreach has Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje deeply worried), Gujarat (with caste schisms likely to widen), Uttar Pradesh (where an Samajwadi Party-Congress-Bahujan Samaj Party grand coalition could cause cleavages), Maharashtra (poisoned by the Shiv Sena’s lumpen politics) and Madhya Pradesh (where Jyotiraditya Scindia’s campaign could hurt Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan who faces strong anti-incumbency).
30 of 171 seems reasonable, even if a tad optimistic at <20% erosion, mussay.

Gaining 30 from elsewhere (as in BJP and not NDA seats, mind you, which rules out TN, KL, AP and TS largely) will be a hard task.

So What does Srimerchant recommend? Well, let his recos speak for themselves. I'm in mild agreement in that curtailing PMO power with Lokpal or police reforms etc might be a good idea in case a hostile BIF sarkar cobbles together a coalition in 2019.
Accountability is the key to good governance. Here the NDA government’s record has been disappointing. It hasn’t put a Lokpal in place. Police reforms mandated by the Supreme Court of India in 2006 have not yet been implemented either in letter or spirit. In the few states where the seven-point Supreme Court directive has been honoured, it has been diluted so much that professionalising and modernising the police force remains one of India’s more intractable problems.

Worryingly, the Right To Information (RTI) Act, a sharp tool to hold politicians, bureaucrats and other public servants accountable, has been step-mothered. Pending RTI cases are now in the lakhs. In Maharashtra alone, 40,000 RTI requests remain unanswered. Vacancies for information commissioners have not been filled, making the RTI almost dysfunctional.

Modi pledged minimum government and maximum governance when he took office. Without a Lokpal, police reforms and an active RTI ecosystem, that pledge will remain unfullfilled. While the Prime Minister and BJP president Amit Shah fine-tune the electoral math for 2019, good governance must top their priorities. It’s useful to remember that apart from serial scams, a key reason for the Congress to plummet from 206 Lok Sabha seats in 2009 to 44 in 2014 was public anger, fuelled by the now largely forgotten Anna Hazare movement, at the arrogance and lack of accountability in the UPA government. It is a lesson the BJP-led NDA must not lose sight of in the run-up to 2019.
Well, I doubt there'll be near-universal agreement on Merchant's prescription. Pros and cons and all that.

IMVVHO, these governance controls should be put in place *after* we Indics have been restored a level playing field in socioeconomic, edu, financial and cultural matters, not before. But hey, that's just me.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:23 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:22 pm
I think CJI has been successfully turned by MAD.
Wasn't the previous CJI in favour of the NJAC? In spite of that it was struck down.

Perhaps we will have better luck next time.
no such luck, saar.

the next one is a die hard, genetically conditioned congi.

Is it any wonder why he was at that "press" conference. would anybody anointed as the next CJI associate himself in undermining the credibility of his own institution??

The seen composition of the "revolters" is one or two ejs, + congi pointman, + daniel raja, who was caught with his pants down meeting chelameshwar at his house, throwing all parliamentary propriety to the winds, and this daniel is allegedly a "peoples" representative who is in parliament solely because he begged the padres who arm twisted J Jayalalithaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa to support his candidature using the AIADMK votes. This is his last appearance in parliament.

This is a professional congi hit. The RJB case as well as the sikh killings by the congis are already in court and both will peak in time for the next elections.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:50 am

twitter

282 MPs in LS , 57 in RS and 4 years in govt and still we have to beg for RTE provisions. Shame on you @PrakashJavdekar
After RSS Chief red flags the blatantly discriminatory legal regime in education that imposes huge cost on Hindu run schools, atleast cursory consultation process has began on extending RTE provisions to minority run schools

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:56 am

Singha wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:47 am
i would broadly agree with the arguments that many are making that this has less to do with any principles or political agenda than a internal fight over the loaves and fishes.

twitter
So in common man terms, 4 Judges are angry and did an unprecedented PC to shame CJI & Indian Judiciary because they were not assigned cases of their choice?

Then Common man questions, What is the interest of these judges in those cases not assigned? #JudgesAtWar

the congis are contemplating impeachment of some judges, CJI??

with what??
100 Members in LS to introduce impeachment, you have only 44.

50 in RS, but you need 2/3 Majority in attendance & Vote to win, impossible.

Your game is introduce in RS & put moral pressure on CJI to resign or at best defame before major judgements

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:40 am

In this tweet, @myogiadityanath from his verified account tweeted about 2 of his interviews with Hindi dailies.

https://twitter.com/myogiadityanath/sta ... 5750959104

The Yogi plain-speaks on contemporary issues raised by the likes of jignass Malwani.

No weasly-measly beating around 'em bushes. See below.

Headline Translation:
story 1: "Hindutva incomplete without the Dalits"

Story 2: "Dailt-Muslim Unity is impossible"

There you go. The use of the words "Hindutva" and 'Dalit' positively in the same sentence will be a red rag to leftie & BIF bull-sh1ts. They will howl, curse, riot and mouth-foam. So be it.

Then the next one, Story 2, twists the knife some more. The psec BIF cabal have no defense against a straight volley like this. Expect them to ignore and try to bury this. If they rect in *any* manner at all, it will be to The Yogi's advantage. Bwahahaha.

Only.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:15 am

What a breath of fresh air Yogi ji is. Our last hope is this guy. Jai Ho Yogi ji ki!

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:11 am

Is there any website which shows voting records of MPs? Because IIRC, RSS MPs had voted in favor RTE related constitutional amendment. And in Gujarat, RSS Ministers and MLAs have started capping schools fees, and are earning HUGE bribes by allowing schools to raise their fees !!! (In Gujarat, now schools need Govt permission to raise fees !!!) And Gujarat Govt is using RTE left right and center as extortion tool. And RSS-workers also want Hindus' support by opposing RTE !!!
------------

Consider Ram Janam Bhoomi Devalaya case. Hindus will burn Supreme Court and all courts, if SCjs dont favor Devalaya. So judgment is written. And judges cant delay beyoud 2020 anyway now. And the case been pending for decades. So which judicial "principle" will get disturbed whether judgment comes tomorow or in dec-2019 ? NONE !! But politicians will be willing to give over Rs 1000 crores to judges to ensure that judgment comes BEFORE or AFTER may-2019. So each judge wants to be in the bench. And CjI didnt allow senior judges to sit in bench. So the ruckus. Likewise, many billion dollar, literally billion dollar cases, are coming and CjI is keeping all the loot and not "judciously" sharing with fellow judges.
----
judge Chelameswar had supported NJAC and opposed the main judgment that "NJAC is unconstitutional". At that time, he was declared as patriot by Modivaadies. Now that he is opposing CjI Mishra (who has shown willingness to clear RJBD case before may-2019), bhakts call Chelameswar traitor, BIF, deep state etc etc Well, what do you expect from bhakti-logic? The reality is that Chelameswar had no problem in giving judgment on RJBD case tomorow. But he wanted to be on that bench so that he too can get some juice and cash.
---------
In year 2002, every Hinduvaadi was frustrated because Vajpayee had become Hajpayee and LKA was worshipping Jinhan and become Haji Advani. These nicknames were used on BRF back then. And suddenly Modiji came and everyone got convinced (or fooled?) that Modiji will bring Hindu rastra etc. Now Hinduvddaies are disillisioned by Modiji, David Fadnavis and they get orgasm when they see Sri Yogiji. IOW, Yogiji is doing a superlative job in convincing (or fooling?) Hinduvaadies, that Hindivaadies should stay with rss = bjp and not work to create an alternative. Good work by Yogiji.
/
---
Modiji's sponsors wanted to appoint Smriti Iraniji as UP CM. Texttile dept was given to create a votebank in Julaha community across UP, which can be separated from BSP because Mayawati is Chamar and Chamat and julaha have quite a bit of antagonism. But things didnt work out so well. So Modiji's sponsors next option was Manoj Sinha. But Hinduvaadies across India were getting restless, and something was needed to keep them glued to rss. And also, Yogiji did threaten to leave party. And so fnally Yogiji was made CM. Anyway, it is internal matter of rss. So someone who is anti-congress, anti-rss, anti-aap, like myself, should not bother much. They won over 350 seats in UP, and so they have moral and political right to make any person of their choice as CM.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:30 am

Its such patently un-glamorous, back-breaking grunt-work for which NM merits respect and a place in history:

I see no other Indian PM, with the honorable exception of LBS, who would even attempt a task as huge, as important, as messy, as politically un-rewarding and non-glossy as this one.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:29 am

twitter

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:03 am

For practically *any* good-news on the Indic front these days, one has to look to The Yogi ji only.

Me, I'm happy to spread the good word, and hope others pick it up. Indic nationalists should not just get support from us aam janta but also be seen as getting support from us, to send the BJP high command some signals to heed...

Yogi Adityanath Government Plans To Rejuvenate Govardhan Parvat With Dwapar Yug Flora (Swarajya)
In a move aimed at promoting tourism in Uttar Pradesh, the Yogi Adityanath government is planning to rejuvenate the Govardhan Parvat, a sacred Hindu site in Mathura, the Times of India has reported.

According to the report, the government's plan involves reviving Dwapar Yug flora along the hill’s 21-km perambulation path, for which the state has roped in the Indian Agriculture Research Institute. A team constituted by the government has been directed to find five varieties of trees: kadamb, karoli, tamal, pakkad and tilkan. These trees will be used to develop vegetation around the hill in a way that it resembles the description in the sacred texts.

The project will be monitored directly by the Chief Minister. Rs 226 crore have been sanctioned as the first instalment for the project, the report says.
Yup, Ayodhya-KLashi-Mathura and The Yogi is at it on all 3 fronts, reclaiming these sites for Indic heritage with full confidence and aplomb, brushing aside Fiberal and mosque-ito takleef in the process.

If he can't then who can, after all. Heck, at this rate the yogi will make Indic cool again. It may well become hip for teens to be able to know at least the names of the four vedas, the four yugas, the major upanishads and the basic framework of Indic philosophy, who knows, eh?

And The Yogi's focus isn't piece-meal or some isolated thing. Seems there's a method to his madness. Sample this:
The rejuvenation of religious sites is part of the state government’s larger scheme to revive tourist attractions across the state. For this purpose, the Chief Minister had, just two months after assuming office, formed the Brij Tirath Vikas Parishad (BTVP).

"In Hindu mythology, kadamb was the favourite tree of Lord Krishna, who used to play the flute and play with his friends under its shade. We've sent our research team to find this tree in Rajasthan's Karoli Dham," said BTVP CEO Nagendra Pratap.

The green cover around the hill has shrunk over the years. According to forest officials, the patchy vegetation is a result of the brackish water of the Yamuna in Mathura. To deal with this, water harvested in neighbouring Bharatpur district of Rajasthan will be used for irrigation around Govardhan Parvat.
I recall NM in his 2014 campaign painting the original vision of developing our dozens of temples and holy sites as well-organized pilgrimage centers to boost domestic tourism revenue. NM then had specifically said he wanted to enable easy access for the Indic elderly to visit these places in their golden years. I thought it's yet another ruse, yet another forgotten promise to us Indics but hey, The Yogi is delivering on it and how.