The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
abhijit
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by abhijit » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:55 pm

SSundar, don't know how old you are. I am old enough to remember mid-late 80s and early 90s. Those were dark days. Kashmir and punjab burning, mandal changed the face of politics, those self immolation of frustrated youths, mumbai ruled by mafia, riots and 92 bomb blasts, smugglers running unabated, dawood calling shots in politics, police, bollywood and in cricket matches (those dubai masala matches between india and pak where india was supposed to lose)... the list is long. The life indians are living now is nothing compare to lawlessness of those days. If you are scared of today's BIF then those were monstrous those days. We survived and turn the table because of few good men of this soil. Otherwise we were surely heading for pakistan that is now.

PS: oh and what started downfall of mumbai bhaiwood? That famous 1991 lokhandwala encounter. Those years between 90 to 95 changed India forever.
Last edited by abhijit on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:57 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:33 pm
SSundar wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:41 am

At Rs. 10,000 per month, that is over Rs. 1.2 lakhs per year. What kind of education in India costs more than this amount per child? I am asking out of pure ignorance.
The highest amount drawn has been reported to be Rs 18.95 lakh per annum per student," he added.
I don't know which city this lady is in but for reference, my brother in laws daughter who he now sends to playschool pays 3k a month. And that is considered cheap - some "good" ones charge upto three times that.

You cannot get any decent education for the amount you quoted in a tier 2 city even.

Education in india is quite expensive
yeah...especially when they teach 3k > 10k

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:10 pm

abhijit wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:55 pm
SSundar, don't know how old you are. I am old enough to remember mid-late 80s and early 90s. Those were dark days. Kashmir and punjab burning, mandal changed the face of politics, those self immolation of frustrated youths, mumbai ruled by mafia, riots and 92 bomb blasts, smugglers running unabated, dawood calling shots in politics, police, bollywood and in cricket matches (those dubai masala matches between india and pak where india was supposed to lose)... the list is long. The life indians are living now is nothing compare to lawlessness of those days. If you are scared of today's BIF then those were monstrous those days. We survived and turn the table because of few good men of this soil. Otherwise we were surely heading for pakistan that is now.
I remember those days, Saar. Much of what you outline started before PVNR, right? He came to power in 1991. The difference I see is that none of these targeted PVNR or his party directly. In fact, in true Congi fashion, many of his partymen were very much benefiting from the problems. Cong was an integral part of Dawood politics. PVNR made his "adjustments" with those forces. NaMo is facing a direct threat from them because he refuses to make "adjustments".

In any case, I am not claiming that NaMo is a better PM than PVNR. I admire both men. Time will tell if one is better than the other.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:21 pm

Gus wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:57 pm
I'll ignore the smart@ss personal comment.

Since you lack common sense, let me elaborate. My point was that if a playschool charges 3k per month for nothing but playing with 1 year olds for 3-4 hours a day, fee for higher grades are much much higher. 10k a month would not be enough for, say 8th or 10th grade.
Last edited by JohnTitor on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:23 pm

please be aware of wolves in sheep clothing...who come to confuse and divide you, kill the momentum. Many of these wolves, know that they are wolves (and having a ball at your expense) and others many do not know they are wolves (this is a tough one, how do you break the news to the wolf thinks he is a sheep, that you are behaving more like congi/bif/aapian but think you are BJP).
It is like Mahabharata is happening, and some are saying I will fight for Duryodhana because
1) I am Jaydratha (and it is hard not to see them here). It is there prerogative to chose the side they chose and us to either ignore or counter them. The thing to keep in mind, they will claim they are on side of Dharma, they are not
2) I am TFTA, I don't like Yudhister (he is not a warrior as Duryodhana, or handsome as Karna, or young as xxx, or he lied once/or will lie to his guru, saw his wife disrobed in a court and did nothing......). Make your choice, you want to fight with Duryodhana or with Krishna (it is Bharata soul, Yudhister/Modi is just a mean), join either of the team and STFU. This constant whining on this and that and I am a Modi bhakt, but Modi this and that is not helping.

ramesh
BGR Newbie

Post by ramesh » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:26 pm

No discussion on blue on blue of milords...

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:35 pm

JohnTitor wrote:

Since you lack common sense, let me elaborate. My point was that if a playschool charges 3k per month for nothing but playing with 1 year olds for 3-4 hours a day, fee for higher grades are much much higher. 10k a month would not be enough for, say 8th or 10th grade.
:rotfl:

fees don't scale like that. :lol:

it is not uncommon to see pre-schools charge high because of needing more teacher to students and actually costs more per student to run.

normal middle class schools don't charge lakh plus every year. i suspect you don't know much about these things other than.. modi betrayed me :)) :))

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:35 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:21 pm
Gus wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:57 pm

Sorry, we cannot solve this here without data, can we? I haven't seen anyone in my extended family spend more than Rs. 1.2 lakhs per year even to finish engineering or medical college, let alone school.

We owe our service men and women a lot, and have no excuse to penny-pinch on them. However, we need to know what the bell curve looks like, in order to prevent some Generals and Admirals abuse this benefit to send their kids to lavish schools.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:38 pm

ramesh wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:26 pm
No discussion on blue on blue of milords...
You know something is brewing when the Congis have a press conference about this milord movement, don't you?

I wonder if MAD have begun moving things in the right direction by enlisting the support of the CJI.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:45 pm

something very very fishy about the black coats and seems congress was ready with press release. I trust none of them including CJI.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:56 pm

of course it is fishy...look at the coordinated attacks from the eco system

and daniel raja meeting one of the four..

and Arnab is going hammer and tongs about that.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:58 pm

to think that the ecosystem can activate 4 SC judges like this..

that's a very scary thought..

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:03 pm

Reg BIF's overactive PIL front in their anti-Indic war, Madhu Kishwar does a incisive expose' of their latest KV prayer move ...

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:05 pm

so guys for the in initiated, can we know what is the dope on the milords - any conspiracy theory is fine

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:08 pm

-- Self-deleted--
Last edited by SSundar on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:15 pm

Here is a website for a school with the fees shown

https://bangalore.silveroaks.co.in/fee-structure/
Grades 1-10 is 90k per term. I'm guessing there are at least 2 terms

http://www.edifyschoolbengaluru.com/admissions-fee.html
This one charges upwards of 1.2lac per annum in fees alone. This doesn't include the myriad of additional charges

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/bengalu ... 447479.cms
An article talking about high fees. Mind you, it is dated 2012..

https://www.ndtv.com/bangalore-news/str ... on-1689732
More recent article. .

So looks like the 1.2 lacs isn't as low as the lady makes it out to be, but it could exclude her from a lot of schools. The thing is a lot if schools charge capitation fees and stuff which is generally not "official" so its hard to find it listed. But the question is why can't she send her kid to the army school? It should be free for armed forces. My cousin who works in the army doesn't send his kid there though, but that's a personal choice
Last edited by JohnTitor on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:20 pm

Thanks SSUNDAR - suspected that. Can you delete what you have said please.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:22 pm

I think CJI has been successfully turned by MAD.
Wasn't the previous CJI in favour of the NJAC? In spite of that it was struck down.

Perhaps we will have better luck next time.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:24 pm

Gus wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:58 pm
to think that the ecosystem can activate 4 SC judges like this..

that's a very scary thought..
Indeed. The Congis now have no capability to influence macro-level policies since they have been thrown out of power in elections. So now they are going after micro-level stuff....picking up potential weaknesses here and there....blowing them up beyond proportion....trying to create doubt in the voter's mind....the same "1000 cuts" policy of the Pawkee nation.

Unfortunately, the Modi-baiting posts on BGR show similar characteristics....they will have an objection here on MNREGA, there on a circular sent by Farnavis, and everywhere dig up long-standing issues to whip up a sentiment of frustration...all tried and tested tactics.

I urge all forum members and external readers NOT TO FALL FOR THIS.

The overall direction of the NDA-II rule is overwhelmingly positive for those who care about our sovereignty, economy, rule of law, and indeed also strengthening of Hindu culture in India. Arrayed on the other side are a range of evil forces who are extremely worried about their continued existence, and now have no other resort but a series of dirty tricks.

We need to close ranks and see the big picture. The current leadership is the best we can muster for now, let them do their job.

One thing we can learn from the other side is that they close ranks very well - past grudges are forgotten and they rarely criticize each other. We seem to have a problem - too many people suddenly develop a "conscience" or rebellious nature that they consider more important than the goal of defeating the evildoers once and for all.

Again, criticism and discussion of strategy and tactics is totally fine, but really - the difference between criticism/discussion and targeted rants on this forum is becoming quite obvious to me.

If this continues, Moderators really need to act in my opinion.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:40 pm

This is the big picture of NDA-II. I cannot think of a bigger bottom-up transformation of India in our history.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:42 pm

KL Dubey wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:24 pm
The overall direction of the NDA-II rule is overwhelmingly positive for those who care about our sovereignty, economy, rule of law, and indeed also strengthening of Hindu culture in India. Arrayed on the other side are a range of evil forces who are extremely worried about their continued existence, and now have no other resort but a series of dirty tricks.

We need to close ranks and see the big picture. The current leadership is the best we can muster for now, let them do their job.

One thing we can learn from the other side is that they close ranks very well - past grudges are forgotten and they rarely criticize each other
+1.

However, let's not make virtue out of necessity.

Closing ranks in public is one thing, but here on BGF, among friends and fellow PIFs, should we not be free enough to air our opinions, concerns, issues?

Instead we have the following misconception:
Unfortunately, the Modi-baiting posts on BGR show similar characteristics....they will have an objection here on MNREGA, there on a circular sent by Farnavis, and everywhere dig up long-standing issues to whip up a sentiment of frustration...all tried and tested tactics.

I urge all forum members and external readers NOT TO FALL FOR THIS.
With all due respect, helps to have some perspective and some measure of proportion.

We're some teeny corner of the web. What are the odds that what we say or don't here has massive repercussions on the ground? No, I mean this seriously.

What's with this urge to regulate speech around here? Its not like we're calling a national press conference a la 'em judasses, are we?

And if we don't have major on-ground impact, if our primary purpose here is to 'discuss' data points and dot connections among data points, then why not allow and welcome contrarian, unconventional ways to connect the same set of dots, sirjee?

Haven't we seen so-called CTs so labeled a decade ago bloom into reality since? And multiple times, at that. No?

After the above, comes the bare-naked contempt. Sample this:
We seem to have a problem - too many people suddenly develop a "conscience" or rebellious nature that they consider more important than the goal of defeating the evildoers once and for all.
IOW, people who don't toe a particular line are x, y or z. Even on BGF.
Again, criticism and discussion of strategy and tactics is totally fine, but really - the difference between criticism/discussion and targeted rants on this forum is becoming quite obvious to me.
And who will decide what is 'legitimate' criticism? Just curious onlee.

And now for the climax:
If this continues, Moderators really need to act in my opinion.
Yeah. Right. Sure. Great. Shabaash. Clap-clap. Slowly.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:44 pm

abhijit wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:45 pm
something very very fishy about the black coats and seems congress was ready with press release. I trust none of them including CJI.
you are looking in the wrong direction.

one of the dissenting four is blood related to assam hardcore congis who are very close to the palace and also to the coronated creep, the young brigade type. This wanker comes often on teevee spewing venom against the bhaktas.

one of the dissenting four is also going to be the next CJI, so why would you queer the pitch for yourself when you are already in the sweet spot??

this is the core of the deep state hitting back. daniel raja meeting one of them in his house on the sly and getting photographed for his perfidious action is only further proof of the deep state meddling in bloodied waters. His teevee interviews thereafter left him very very flustered, like a thief getting caught red handed.

the congis have seeded to SC with their kith and kin and set up the succession plan for the CJI for decades to come.

machiavellian or mafia, you decide.

need to watch carefully, the unfolding of the justice loya death investigation case. There is something very fishy about that case that may stir up loads of trouble. His sister has made some wild allegations.

santosh
BGR Newbie

Post by santosh » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:16 pm

chetak ji, are you active on teetar? You should spread your gyan there also...

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:12 pm

santosh wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:16 pm
chetak ji, are you active on teetar? You should spread your gyan there also...
not active on twitter, saar.

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:49 pm

and that is the reason MODI cannot punish cong corruption. Punishment comes from judges, and they are all related to congi in one way or the other. Plus they have decided to maintain the statuesque by being self selecting.