The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
KL Dubey
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by KL Dubey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:44 am

abhijit wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:09 am
I would hesitate to rate him above PVNR.
PVNR was a brilliant man, a great patriot, and Chanakyan in his own right....but I am afraid he did not have the discipline, ruthlessness, mass appeal, and most importantly the ability to inspire millions like NaMo can. PVNR was the right man for 1991...but he did not have the endurance beyond that. There was no way he could have taken control of the country like NaMo has.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:53 am

KL Dubey wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:44 am
abhijit wrote:
PVNR was a brilliant man, a great patriot, and Chanakyan in his own right....but I am afraid he did not have the discipline, ruthlessness, mass appeal, and most importantly the ability to inspire millions like NaMo can. PVNR was the right man for 1991...but he did not have the endurance beyond that. There was no way he could have taken control of the country like NaMo has.
Certain posts are down right ridiculous, not much different from AAPtards and gandy family "supporters" I know and see in terms of man worshiping.

It will be somewhat useful if people keep their eyes and ears open and realize how things are changing, rather than repeating "India Shining" campaign or NCB's advancing of election assuming he'd win again.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:56 am

Encounter used to mean kill. Now Yogi/rss/paidmedia has redefined encounter to include even slap in wrist. So if policeman arrests a criminal, even if he gets bail next minute, it is labeled as encounter. Actual number of kill Yogi police had is below 35. Well, Mayawati in her first year did over 80 encounters !!! (see http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-ut ... gs-1968992 ). The best job in encountering and crime reduction was done by Maywati. Due to that, she lost all minority votes, but got zero US votes. This shows that UC do like pro-encounter anti-criminal CM, but must have right "credentials" as well !!
----
JohnTitor wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:32 am
Mehta ji, my disdain for Fadnavis doesn’t extend to Modi or Yogi. While Modi isn’t as pro-Hindu as I’d like, he’s not the outright EJ Fadnavis is. So it would be wrong of you to come to that conclusion. My contempt for the man (David) is based on his continuous anti-Hindu diktats
Missionaries and usuk-elitemen do NOT want Modiji to act like David Fadnavis. Becaise in that case, Hinduvaadies and nationalists will dump RSS and start contructing TRUE nationalist alternative, and that will hurt their BI plans. And Yogiji is put so that nationalists and hinduvaadies can hope to get hinduvaadi PM in 2024, and stay glued to RSS, and dont work to contruct nationalist alternative.

So Modiji and Yogiji will maintain hinduvaadi/ nationalistic posture, but assist usuk-elitemen in eth name of First Develop India. And other rss leaders like david fadnavis and victor naidu will actively assist missionaries.
----

From what I hear, what Maha CM and RSS-leader David Fadnavis is doing is

(1) Maha Govt is allowing temple to convert its agricultural land into NA
(2) but for that temple trust must submit plan that how land will be used for educational or health or some saamaj seva
(3) and after that, Govt will transfer the land to ANOTHER trust which is doing this activity !!

IOW, temple is "DONATING" away its land to other trusts etc for social causes !!

And congress/rss leaders have kicked out original owners of temples. Now many temple trusts are headed by congress goons, rss goons or IAS. So it goes without saying that temple trust will propose that plots should be given to some trusts headed by rss leaders or by congress leaders or missionaries or IAS or govt !!!

And every rss worker I know is supporting this scheme of David Fadnavis !!

So now you all guys can see what color David Fadnavis is made up of - bhagwa or white.

And over 95% rss leaders and rss workers are like David Fadnavis ONLEE !!!

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:06 am

AbhishekC wrote: BTW, I call Modi a traitor for weakening the Indian economy and stabbing Indian people in the back only to save his own chair. And since that time, he has been destroying BJP leaders so that no one can challenge him internally.
:shock: :o admins would have surely banned me for 5 life times, if I had such word against Modiji !!

admins seem to follow Tannenbaum :roll:

"Best things about standard, is that there are so many to choose from" - Andrew Tannenbaum , computer network expert

AbhishekC, were you always anti-Modiji? or were you bhakt some years back?

----

Can anyone give FULL details of how temple land in Mahasrashtra will be converted and used? Will temple get full money or there are bylaws which make sure that temple gets almost nothing?

---

Admins , pls note that I am NOT copying my FB posts here. I first write on BRF. And then I copy my BRF post to FB !! :mrgreen:
Last edited by MehtaRahulC on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:10 am

All India Radio News‏Verified account @airnewsalerts
Follow Follow @airnewsalerts
More
BJP-led Maharashtra govt says #budget of State Haj Committee will be increased.

Schmidt
BGR Newbie

Post by Schmidt » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:35 am

PVNR was indeed a brilliant politician as well as patriot

We are indebted to him for what he achieved in spite of severe constraints - lack of mass base , lack of fluency in Hindi , old age ( he had decided to retire before he was asked to become PM )

On the other hand Modi commands a mass base , is a great orator , has a majority in parliament , still what has he got to show for - his economic policies are just a continuation of INC policies

When he made the speech in Parliament about MNREGA being a symbol of shame rather than achievement , many were inspired to think this could be some new thinking and policy to wean away people from state dependency

Instead he has doubled down on MNREGA and increased the budgetary allocations

Now the increase in FDI in retail that BJP fought tooth and nail when proposed by UPA

In terms of Hindutva agenda , the less said the better

I guess we need to thank the stars for small mercies and crumbs thrown our way

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:37 am

KL Dubey wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:28 am
LOL - seriously. You want me to believe some guy's twitter speculations which are based upon nothing but random rumors and connecting "dots" that don't exist. Yogi is out-and-out a Modi+Shah+RSS choice and he was selected for multiple reasons. Modi and Yogi are a mutual-admiration duo.Only NDTV and some more dubious sources are spreading other claims. Leaving aside the obvious facts, I also know this from a very reliable source. The source did not say anything about Manoj Sinha's candidacy.
You are free to believe what you want just as everyone else, myself included.

The basis for me to believe that Yogi is not a Modi choice is simple. It makes no sense for Modi to pick David in MH while have Yogi for UP, the two men are on opposite ends of the spectrum. One is an unapologetic Indic, the other an EJ in sheeps clothing. Modi could have appointed a similar person in MH but since he hasn’t it seems unlikely that Yogi was his choice - all other Modi CMs are closer to David than Yogi.

All of Modi’s choices have been RSS men, Yogi isn’t. In fact, Yogi frequently called out BJP for diluting Hindutva. Yogi was seen as a thorn for the BJP. But UP was clamouring for someone that pays more than lip service to the Hindus of the state, so Yogi had ground support.

Your sources are yours, and since I can question or verify them, it’s simply inadmissible. I can equally claim that isn’t the case and it’s as strong as your argument.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:44 am

abhijit wrote:
I would request everyone to refrain from making Modi - PVNR comparisons. The man was a nationalist, no doubt. And he definitely had a positive impact on India.

But he didn’t go as far as Modi. But this is not to say that he didn’t want to. He was working under Gandhi influence and command. Therefore his abilities were severely constrained. Further, he was trying to reform a country that was as close to communism as a democracy can get. He couldn’t do too much too soon.

The fact that the congoons didn’t respect him even in death goes to show how much he upset them trying to better the country and the sort of resistance he was facing.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:50 am

Are all the complaints against NM shard by common man/woman on the ground.
I am yet to see anyone complain about RTE or Temples or MANREGA or even getting black money from abroad when I chat up with or listen to conversation in public places.
Poor people across Bharat want a decent life, low inflation, education for the kids, half decent infra, some medical facilities and a scam free govt. Rest all is for the future when basic needs would be met.
So to complain and grumble about things on behalf of others that are not high on agenda for common person is being malarkist.

If RJB was so high on Hindu agenda, PVNR or Kalyan Singh would have won hands down after demolition of the Babri structure.

PS: So much angst against DF, but can someone like this survive in BJP & RSS if he was a closet EJ ? It is not like DF is so powerful that he can slam EJ-pasand acts down the throat of rest of the cabinet unless everyone else including SS is in cohoot with him.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:57 am

Schmidt wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:35 am
Now the increase in FDI in retail that BJP fought tooth and nail when proposed by UPA
While I don’t contest the rest of your post, this part is simply untrue. modi opposed multi brand FDI, foreign versions of reliance fresh, big bazaar etc.

What has been approved is single brand FDI and that’s not the same thing.
Last edited by JohnTitor on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:58 am

KL Dubey wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:29 pm
AbhishekC wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:38 pm
----
Has it ever occurred to you that the myriad problems created in India over 60 years are so complex and recalcitrant that a even man who works 18-20 hours a day can't get around to doing everything you want just yet ?

That being said, has it occurred to you that NaMo has in fact already started doing what you want in a big way, by giving Yogi Adityanath free rein over 200 million people in UP (i.e. the same size as the country of Brazil)? That masterstroke in itself is a huge Hindutva achievement, and at the same time likely ensures 70-75 LS seats in 2019. That along with the JDU alliance will likely lead to a huge windfall of about 110 seats from the UP-Bihar region.
Whereas PVNR, despite his weaknesses, did not sell out India - that's why he is the greatest PM we have ever had. Modi is a mental midget compared to him.

NaMo's calculations are obviously beyond your limited understanding, so you are probably better off just voting for Rahul Gaandee. It is frankly pathetic to watch you do your rants here on a weekly basis and still hedge your vote. Are you expecting all of us to be grateful that you are still voting for BJP, or what ?
+100 to that DubeyJi

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:58 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:37 am
The basis for me to believe that Yogi is not a Modi choice is simple. It makes no sense for Modi to pick David in MH while have Yogi for UP, the two men are on opposite ends of the spectrum. One is an unapologetic Indic, the other an EJ in sheeps clothing. Modi could have appointed a similar person in MH but since he hasn’t it seems unlikely that Yogi was his choice - all other Modi CMs are closer to David than Yogi.
This is mere speculation. You are presuming to put NaMo's thinking into a box and fit it to your beliefs. This idea of Dev Farnavis - someone with an RSS background - as a closet EJ ( :rotfl: ) started only recently...where were you when he was appointed CM ?

Is Anandiben Patel also RSS ? Or EJ according to you?

NaMo and Shah are simply giving chances to people who have come up in the party. Some may not do well...and may be removed. You don't have to read your pet theories into it. Farnavis may or may not be living up to what he was expected to do - I haven't looked into his purported EJ/Moon-friendly policies yet - but to claim that he is doing NaMo's bidding is downright ridiculous.

I see a pattern here: some people are basically unhappy with NaMo not displaying overt Hindutva in the last couple of years. So now you have to explain away his CM choices..."oh, one guy was not really his choice", or "look, this one is an EJ"...and so on. Very NDTV-ish attempts.

The old adage: to cover up one lie one has to start manufacturing many more. Don't do it.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:08 am

Eh? Where have I stated that David Fadnavis is doing Modi’s bidding? Like the rest of your post it is simply your assertion, not mine.

Everything I stated was based on fact
1- Yogi was constantly calling out BJP for going soft on Indic issues. I remember him being in the news back then. Of course the news portrayed him as an extremist
2- Modi’s other CMs like Kattar are quiet workers and don’t attract attention just like Modi. Yogi tends to attract attention. Doesn’t seem like Modi would appoint both types
3- David’s EJ decisions are for everyone to see. I had called out his first decisions but this was often dismissed as the actions of overactive babus.. you can check on the BRF thread if you like
Last edited by JohnTitor on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:13 am

The_Yogi is the #1 reason for Indic identity voters to continue to root full-volume for lotus.

Simultaneously, The_Yogi serves a very useful purpose for even the soft-left within the BJP.

NM can always point to The_Yogi and say, "After me, the deluge."

P.S. Kinda like what Mushyrat did to fool the willfully naive yankees in TSP.

P.P.S. The INC seemingly absolutely loves The_Yogi as BJP's campaigner. Like Hillary once thought about Trump, INC thinks The_Yogi will be easy to beat up on when contrasted with the suave likes of RaGa and Bottle. Sample this below from the INC's verified twitter account:

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:15 am

Schmidt wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:35 am
When he made the speech in Parliament about MNREGA being a symbol of shame rather than achievement , many were inspired to think this could be some new thinking and policy to wean away people from state dependency

Instead he has doubled down on MNREGA and increased the budgetary allocations
Sorry - you can't keep pulling fast ones and not expect people to object. What NaMo very clearly said in the Parliament at the outset is that he is CERTAINLY going to keep MNREGA going in some form - and in a lighter vein he took a dig at Antonia and said it would be a living reminder of UPA's corruption. MNREGA got a deep budget cut but there were some objections from different states so Jaitley seems to have bolstered it now.

It keeps some very poor folks in rural areas going for a while - but it is chump change compared to the 3 lakh crore (?) in small-business loans that NaMo has given to people to create their own jobs. That is not new thinking according to you? Then what is ?

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:17 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:08 am
2- Modi’s other CMs like Kattar are quiet workers and don’t attract attention just like Modi. Yogi tends to attract attention. Doesn’t seem like Modi would appoint both types
LOL.Why not? Do you know NaMo inside out that well to assume that he will always appoint the same "type" of person ? Is it possible that he and Amitji have to go with whoever "best" is available in the state? How do you know the various factors that go into their discussions ?

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:18 am

Are we still denying "love jihad"??

https://swarajyamag.com/current-affairs ... ays-report

Two Men Arrested Over Bid To Sell Off Kerala Woman To IS After Forced Conversion: Two people have been arrested on charges of helping a Muslim man “forcibly” convert a Kerala woman and attempting to take her to Syria to be sold off to Islamic State (IS) terrorists. Fayaz Jamal and Mohamed Siyad, both natives of North Paravur near Kochi, were arrested following investigations based on a complaint by the 25-year-old woman, who was rescued from Saudi Arabia and brought home last year by her family. The two are friends of Muhammad Riyaz from Thalassery in Kannur district, the prime accused in the case. “They have been charged under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act,” Ernakulam Rural SP A V George said, adding a hunt is on to arrest eight more accused, including Riyas, in the case. He said the police have begun a probe into their alleged link with the Islamic State terrorists.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:23 am

And well, on the subject of The_Yogi, his greatest strength is he doesn't faff around or over-strategize.

The man is incorruptible, immune to blackmail, to browbeating, to shaming, to threats, to negative PR (if not outright calumny) from the BIF psec ecosystem...

The_Yogi doesn't care for 'international' stature or "nobull prizes", is actually, acutely comfortable (*secure* is the word?) in his saffron robes and Indic skin (gasp!)...

How do one bend a man like that if BIF style third class scheming, deception and other cheap tricks are the only weapons one has? Onlee.

Cards are on the table. The_Yogi will give back as good as he gets. And then some. And then raise the stakes for the next round of play. Sample this below from Today's Postcard:

Don't give count of gangsters killed in encounters, give me the count of the remaining ones: Yogi Adityanath

Jai ho, Yogi_ji ki. Jai ho.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:29 am

Reg MGNERGA, its good that NM has decided to keep the program, streamline and improve it, rid it of chronic leakages and corruption via tech use etc.

In fact, I'd go a step further and say, more sops for the rural (and urban) poor, the largest class based voting group out there - properly enabled with tech to prevent leakages, cronyism and corruption is hugely beneficial to India and to lotus.

The ujjwala scheme of cooking gas subsidized replacing firewood in many homes, the LED bulbs scheme, the Jan Dhan which hugely expanded banking services to the unbanked, mobile based payments systems which will enable so much more in econ activity (ref kenya with RuPay) etc... I think these will pull in votes big time if campaigned well around.

Schmidt
BGR Newbie

Post by Schmidt » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:29 am

I have the video here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi037kOLaP4

So you make fun of a UPA scheme and then go ahead and increase its allocation

It will always remain a UPA scheme whatever spin Modi puts on it

And yes - it will remain a symbol of shame - a barefaced handout to the destitute in rural areas with little by way of capacity building to show for it

Regarding the small business loans - these are averaging 20-40k INR - what kind of business can you do with this amount
The loans would turn into NPAs and the banks would have to bear this loss as well

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:32 am

Vikas wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:50 am
Are all the complaints against NM shard by common man/woman on the ground.
I am yet to see anyone complain about RTE or Temples or MANREGA or even getting black money from abroad when I chat up with or listen to conversation in public places.
Poor people across Bharat want a decent life, low inflation, education for the kids, half decent infra, some medical facilities and a scam free govt. Rest all is for the future when basic needs would be met.
So to complain and grumble about things on behalf of others that are not high on agenda for common person is being malarkist.

If RJB was so high on Hindu agenda, PVNR or Kalyan Singh would have won hands down after demolition of the Babri structure.

PS: So much angst against DF, but can someone like this survive in BJP & RSS if he was a closet EJ ? It is not like DF is so powerful that he can slam EJ-pasand acts down the throat of rest of the cabinet unless everyone else including SS is in cohoot with him.
Did you hear poor people talking about mauritius investment tax route and participatory route? If no, then these were not a big deal according to your logic na?

You may want to claim you know what poor people want or you may represent them, but let me remind you, these are the very people who face or will face of all BIF aggression, both overtly and covertly, ex: hindu schools shutting down because of RTE is affecting whom the most, The poor hindus or well-to-do hindus who can seek admission in Padma Sheshadi or Chinmaya Vidyalaya?? BTW, in your intention to shield NM or BJP, you weakened your own claim that poor people want education for kids, but don't talk about RTE, even if it were true because they could be unaware of these things, I assume you know the consequences of studying in "other" schools. BTW not even going into physical aggression these poor people are subjected to or will be subjected to in few decades time. They may not recognize that, but you can right?

Did anyone here talk about RJB specifically as a primary point of contention ? There's nothing so special about BJP BTW that someone can't be something at all? Don't we see all the: "sab mile hue hain" types?

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:39 am

KL Dubey wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:17 am
LOL.Why not? Do you know NaMo inside out that well to assume that he will always appoint the same "type" of person ? Is it possible that he and Amitji have to go with whoever "best" is available in the state? How do you know the various factors that go into their discussions ?
It is simply human nature. Psychology is a fact and cannot be wished away, Modi or otherwise. The friends one keeps tend to have commonalities, men tend to be attracted to women with qualities similar to their mothers etc.. this is not my conclusion, it is psychology.

Of course there are exceptions to this and it is possible that Modi might have appointed both. I never said it’s impossible, Just unlikely.

Modi tends to distance himself from “trouble makers” as can be seen in how Modi has sidelined a lot of the ABV gang. He is one to work quietly out of the limelight. There’s nothing wrong with it and it is something I have admired about him though that doesn’t always help his cause

The “LOL” ing doesnt add to the discussion in any meaningful way other than to show that you think you know better than everyone else. Since your responses tend to revolve around the poster and not the subject at hand, there’s no point continuing this.
Last edited by JohnTitor on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:40 am

Schmidt wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:29 am
I have the video here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi037kOLaP4

So you make fun of a UPA scheme and then go ahead and increase its allocation

It will always remain a UPA scheme whatever spin Modi puts on it

And yes - it will remain a symbol of shame - a barefaced handout to the destitute in rural areas with little by way of
capacity building to show for it
So now the truth has been exposed, you have changed your tack and are objecting to the increased allocation. Why did you assume that NDA would scrap the MNREGA ? Did NaMo say he would ? No.
Regarding the small business loans - these are averaging 20-40k INR - what kind of business can you do with this amount
The loans would turn into NPAs and the banks would have to bear this loss as well
I guess you have never heard of micro-loans and MUDRA Yojana. People at the bottom of the pyramid can do a lot with Rs 50k. Its the difference between lifetime destitution and creating livelihood. That is where a large chunk of Modi's votes are going to come from....the people who got microloans, gas connections, electricity, etc etc for the first time. Read some "success stories" here:

https://www.mudra.org.in/
Last edited by KL Dubey on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:43 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:39 am
It is simply human nature. Psychology is a fact and cannot be wished away, Modi or otherwise. The friends one keeps tend to have commonalities, men tend to be attracted to women with qualities similar to their mothers etc.. this is not my conclusion, it is psychology.
And of course, nobody can buck the trend either in your model. Unfortunately the more interesting people and events in the world don't follow these preconceived notions that you are passing off as psychology. I ain't fooled...but you can try with others. :mrgreen:

When you know Modi is a man who started out selling tea in a railway station and ended up toppling the Gaandee dynasty and becoming the PM, it would not be wise to assume that you have such a good understanding of his psychology that you can now predict who was his CM choice and who was not. Come on now!
Last edited by KL Dubey on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:48 am

^^ I guess you failed to read the paragraph following the one you quoted because it addresses that very thing you think only you know. Just goes to show that you have already made up your mind and therefore nullifies any point of discussion.