The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by AbhishekC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Indrad wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:03 pm
wow...WB has muslim population of 30%! Congratulations! ^
Such a state can never be won unless muslim's votes are broken in two like shia vs sunni.
But even in the states they wooed Muslims in past (Bihar), only 5-10% at best voted for them.
Ya! When BJP woos muslims, it is cunning Chankian strategy. And when other parties woo muslims, it is goddamn appeasement.

----------

A better strategy for BJP would have been to raise an ultra-muslim party to break Trinamool's vote bank, and consolidate Hindu votes in its name. But they are the crypto-secularists, so they decided they will get muslim votes for themselves.

----------

Your statement shows how little confidence Hindus actually have in their own strength - if muslims are 30%, then Hindus are also 70%. :evil:
That's why you guys are happy with a fake Hindu party.

santosh
BGR Newbie

Post by santosh » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:33 pm

#GauravPradhan
@DrGPradhan
6h6 hours ago

The HRW group shouting that @Dev_Fadnavis is selling temple land

TRUTH : circular actually says if temple trust wishes to develop land originally earmarked for agriculture for something like an educational institution or hospital then the govt will give this permission

viaWA

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:41 pm

Santosh that tweet was posted earlier and responded to.

Summary - the clarification means zilch when the trust is a government sponsored body filled with IAS babus

anjan
BGR Newbie

Post by anjan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:44 pm

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/951406539138461696
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari says, 'Navy is needed at the borders, from where terrorists come, why does everyone (in Navy) want to live in South Mumbai? They came to me asking for a plot, I said I will not give even an inch of land.'

The national security party.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:49 pm

what's next, aadhar registration for bull shyting??

has aadhar has become everybody's father's property??, or has no one read the aadhar act??

twitter
Tamil Nadu: Madurai district administration makes Aadhaar card mandatory for registration of Bull tamers to participate in the annually organised festival of Jallikattu
Last edited by chetak on Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anjan
BGR Newbie

Post by anjan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:50 pm

Despite protests, defence ministry sticks to Rs 10,000 monthly cap on tuition, hostel fee for martyrs' children
The defence ministry will stick to its recent decision to cap the educational expenses in the shape of tuition and hostel fees paid to children of martyrs and disabled soldiers to Rs 10,000 per month in accordance with the recommendation of the 7th Central Pay Commission despite widespread protests from the affected families as well as the armed forces.
This was given in the wake of the '71 war as a gesture from a grateful nation. The BJP really wants to stick it to the armed forces.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:54 pm

AbhishekC wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:38 pm
BJP holding Muslim sammelan in West Bengal :mrgreen:

https://aajtak.intoday.in/story/west-be ... 76938.html

Look at this photo: https://smedia2.intoday.in/aajtak/image ... 8x347.jpeg

Jai Ho and all that.

Just don't say I didn't warn you that it is not a Hindu party :mrgreen:
Yeah, RG became a janeu dhari Brahmin, put a tika and did a temple run. How many here believed him he is ditching the minorities? None. Why can't BJP do the same he did?

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:56 pm

How about starting a whine thread? I see many people have a complaint and this being only political thread is used to vent spleen.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:08 pm

AbhishekC wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:32 pm
Vikas wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:51 am
AbhishekC wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:57 pm
At least now finally some people are seeing that Modi sarkar is a traitor government
AbhishekC, name one Govt (even a state govt) which was not traitor in that case.
1. Indira Gandhi

2. Narasimha Rao.

There. Named 2, and that too at the national level.
Sir, your sense of humor is top notch (Even though secretly I was hoping you wont name LBS to shut me up).

1. IG: Got the dreaded word Secular in constitution
Brought in Leftist cabal in higher education and cultural hierarchy and sold our future forever
Promoted Sikh terrorism and SL militancy
Other than 1971 (& that too is partly to her credit), there is NOTHING that she did to deserve any praise. Zilch, cypher, Nada!
Lost 1972 in Shimla
Dismissed state govts on whim
2. PVNR: The only fans of PVNR were found on BRF even though his only claim to fame is supporting MMS in opening up of Indian
economy.
Was sleeping as HM while congress goons were killing Sikhs in 1984
Was sleeping as PM while Islamic Jehadis were busy killing Hindus in Kashmir
Was involved in corruption, had no control over his cabinet and was with dubious Godmen
Dismissed BJP govts for his own incompetence
was too deferential to Italian Mafia
cracked under US pressure and could not make Budha smile

ModiJi is called a traitor and the PM's above as nationalists. Wah ji wah!!

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:15 pm

twitter
The Chara Chor @laluprasadrjd rigs the system.
Gets Personal Attendant and cook arrested two hours before himself, so that he continues to get their services in the jail!

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:24 pm

AbhishekC wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:20 pm
Aditya_V wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:56 pm
Indra Gandhi a nationalist- need we say more.
She never let India's honor down. Ever.

If Theresa May had tried to blackmail IG, like she did Modi on 8-Nov-2016, IG would have had her for lunch. And then she would have burped her out, not even shat her out.
Like visiting Kabar of Babar in Afghanistan to offer fateha while totally ignoring Prithiraj Chauhans..Good Job indeed !!
Like getting thousands of Indian Jawans killed so that she could give back all 93000 Paki terrorist in return of a Taqqiyaah by Bhutto.
:facepalm: :facepalm:

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:32 pm

Vikas,

IG did a whole bunch of criminal activities inside India. But she never let foreign powers take India for granted. She stood up to US, UK, China, and partially to Soviets when she created BD. She eventually paid for it with her life when she was gunned down by British agent Peter Ustinov in 1984.

PVNR - he was compliant in many crimes of IG, RG, etc when he was minister. But when he became PM he put India uber alles. He 'allowed' the liberation of Ram temple by keeping minimal security. He freed Indian economy for growth (MMS gets unnecessary credit for this). He opened diplomatic relations with Israel. He had the guts to open an escrow account with Russia, which greatly helped our defence in the aftermath of Soviet collapse. He demolished Pakistani attack on India in UN by sending Vajpayee (who was leader of opposition then) as team lead. And most importantly, he kept Sonia Maino in her mouse trap for 5 long years, something that even Vajpayee and Modi did not accomplish.

PS
He had passed the parliamentary resolution stating that J&K is part of India, even those parts under paki occupation are part of India. This is what has prevented any later government from negotiating it away in talks - like MMS was about to do.

PPS
And to think, he did it with a minority government. Compare that with Modi's full majority - what has he done? He looks like a coward who only cares for 'Modi wave' image and nothing else. He has no achievements to show except some toilets and new notes (which are already getting forged).

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:34 pm

Vikas wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:08 pm
AbhishekC wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:32 pm
Vikas wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:51 am

AbhishekC, name one Govt (even a state govt) which was not traitor in that case.
1. Indira Gandhi

2. Narasimha Rao.

There. Named 2, and that too at the national level.
Sir, your sense of humor is top notch (Even though secretly I was hoping you wont name LBS to shut me up).

1. IG: Got the dreaded word Secular in constitution
Brought in Leftist cabal in higher education and cultural hierarchy and sold our future forever
Promoted Sikh terrorism and SL militancy
Other than 1971 (& that too is partly to her credit), there is NOTHING that she did to deserve any praise. Zilch, cypher, Nada!
Lost 1972 in Shimla
Dismissed state govts on whim
2. PVNR: The only fans of PVNR were found on BRF even though his only claim to fame is supporting MMS in opening up of Indian
economy.
Was sleeping as HM while congress goons were killing Sikhs in 1984
Was sleeping as PM while Islamic Jehadis were busy killing Hindus in Kashmir
Was involved in corruption, had no control over his cabinet and was with dubious Godmen
Dismissed BJP govts for his own incompetence
was too deferential to Italian Mafia
cracked under US pressure and could not make Budha smile

ModiJi is called a traitor and the PM's above as nationalists. Wah ji wah!!
Yes, LBS was great. But he did not get enough time. His achievements - staving off US pressure and winning the 1965 war were commendable but not enough. Although, even for these achievements he was murdered by the Soviets in alliance with the Americans.

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:38 pm

BTW, I call Modi a traitor for weakening the Indian economy and stabbing Indian people in the back only to save his own chair. And since that time, he has been destroying BJP leaders so that no one can challenge him internally.

If he were really a nationalist, he would ensured a strong second rung team so that in case something happens to him, there will be a leadership to take Hindu-nationalism forward. Despite his apparent strengths, Modi is making India weak in order to save his own ass - that's why I call him a traitor.

Whereas PVNR, despite his weaknesses, did not sell out India - that's why he is the greatest PM we have ever had. Modi is a mental midget compared to him.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:06 pm

^^^ Troll alert. Not even worth wasting time responding to such horse manure

Trilobite
BGR Member

Post by Trilobite » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:25 pm

anjan wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:44 pm
https://twitter.com/ANI/status/951406539138461696
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari says, 'Navy is needed at the borders, from where terrorists come, why does everyone (in Navy) want to live in South Mumbai? They came to me asking for a plot, I said I will not give even an inch of land.'

The national security party.
Why is Gadkari trashing the navy? This is a no-no.

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:43 pm

crams wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:06 pm
^^^ Troll alert. Not even worth wasting time responding to such horse manure
Troll :rotfl:

Going by the definition of the troll, you would be a troll because of ad hominem attack on me.

I have given facts to support my argument.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:29 pm

AbhishekC wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:38 pm
BTW, I call Modi a traitor for weakening the Indian economy and stabbing Indian people in the back only to save his own chair. And since that time, he has been destroying BJP leaders so that no one can challenge him internally.

If he were really a nationalist, he would ensured a strong second rung team so that in case something happens to him, there will be a leadership to take Hindu-nationalism forward. Despite his apparent strengths, Modi is making India weak in order to save his own ass - that's why I call him a traitor.
Yeah, right. You want NaMo (in power for barely more than 3.5 years) to solve all of India's major issues, implement the entire Hindoo agenda, and "build a second-rung leadership" (which I would argue already exists now in the BJP) all at once, within 1 term of office.

Has it ever occurred to you that the myriad problems created in India over 60 years are so complex and recalcitrant that a even man who works 18-20 hours a day can't get around to doing everything you want just yet ?

That being said, has it occurred to you that NaMo has in fact already started doing what you want in a big way, by giving Yogi Adityanath free rein over 200 million people in UP (i.e. the same size as the country of Brazil)? That masterstroke in itself is a huge Hindutva achievement, and at the same time likely ensures 70-75 LS seats in 2019. That along with the JDU alliance will likely lead to a huge windfall of about 110 seats from the UP-Bihar region.
Whereas PVNR, despite his weaknesses, did not sell out India - that's why he is the greatest PM we have ever had. Modi is a mental midget compared to him.
PVNR had hardly any successful development record and undertook very few major structural reforms. NaMo built up Gujarat into a powerhouse over 17 years of service, and he is busy doing the same for Bharat now. There is ample evidence to that effect within India and globally. I'd take that over your confused (or are they deliberate?) rants any day.

NaMo's calculations are obviously beyond your limited understanding, so you are probably better off just voting for Rahul Gaandee. It is frankly pathetic to watch you do your rants here on a weekly basis and still hedge your vote. Are you expecting all of us to be grateful that you are still voting for BJP, or what ?

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:42 pm

I agree - some of us just don't understand the gravity of the situation. Congoons, over 60-odd years have developed such power, that the pull the strings even when they don't have electoral power. Case in point - Supreme Court judges.
And think about the lakhs of government employees, a huge percentage of whom at the mid-to-senior level have been appointed via congressi sifaarish. To undo all that, create an alternate ecosystem, get the economy running along at 8% growth, reduce fiscal deficit, counter Jaichands like David Fadnavis, restore Hindu rights - all in 3.5 years? Give it some time please. Or would you rather have Barmaid's/Pappu's lapdog at the helm of affairs?

ricky
BGR Newbie

Post by ricky » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:21 am

Shakuni wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:42 pm
I agree - some of us just don't understand the gravity of the situation. Congoons, over 60-odd years have developed such power, that the pull the strings even when they don't have electoral power. Case in point - Supreme Court judges.
And think about the lakhs of government employees, a huge percentage of whom at the mid-to-senior level have been appointed via congressi sifaarish. To undo all that, create an alternate ecosystem, get the economy running along at 8% growth, reduce fiscal deficit, counter Jaichands like David Fadnavis, restore Hindu rights - all in 3.5 years? Give it some time please. Or would you rather have Barmaid's/Pappu's lapdog at the helm of affairs?
David ji was selected by the man himself,why would they counter him? David is not the creation of a different party or the leftover of a bygone era, he was tapped for leadership by the party in power. If the party has all these huge tasks of fighting the pre-existing ecosystem of 60-1000 years(depends on what you view as the slavery freedom cycle), maybe they shouldnt compound matters by giving powers to tractable toddlers.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:52 am

AbhishekC wrote:

Err I agree Modi could do a bit more on the Indic causes but to call him a traitor is going too far. He has been the best PM India has seen since independence, hands down.

This is where we part ways I’m afraid

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:58 am

KL Dubey wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:29 pm
That being said, has it occurred to you that NaMo has in fact already started doing what you want in a big way, by giving Yogi Adityanath free rein over 200 million people in UP (i.e. the same size as the country of Brazil)? That masterstroke in itself is a huge Hindutva achievement, and at the same time likely ensures 70-75 LS seats in 2019
I don’t think this part is accurate.

Apparently, Modi’s choice was not Yogi but Manoj Sinha. Yogi kinda spoilt Modi’s calculations but was forced to accept. I am inclined to believe that given David Fernandez was appointed MH CM by Modi, Jetli is a Modi choice, Sushma is a Modi choice etc.. Yogi is unlike any of them. Yogi is a Godsend. It makes no sense for the man who appointed David to appoint Yogi, the two are on opposite ends of the spectrum. It would suggest that Modi didn’t assess one of them before giving him the job, and that definitely is not something Modi would do. But then again there is no way to be absolutely sure either way

https://twitter.com/praneelraja/status/ ... 0522398720

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:09 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:52 am
AbhishekC wrote:

Err I agree Modi could do a bit more on the Indic causes but to call him a traitor is going too far. He has been the best PM India has seen since independence, hands down.

This is where we part ways I’m afraid
I would hesitate to rate him above PVNR.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:28 am

LOL - seriously. You want me to believe some guy's twitter speculations which are based upon nothing but random rumors and connecting "dots" that don't exist. Yogi is out-and-out a Modi+Shah+RSS choice and he was selected for multiple reasons. Modi and Yogi are a mutual-admiration duo.Only NDTV and some more dubious sources are spreading other claims. Leaving aside the obvious facts, I also know this from a very reliable source. The source did not say anything about Manoj Sinha's candidacy.