The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Vikas
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by Vikas » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:22 am

I believe, a rich Bharat will not be any guarantee for Hindus being safe. Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas is all fine as long as Hindus are also unchained from the years of artificial suppression and anti-Hindu culture prevalent in the country starting from SC which refuses to take up case of KP's pogrom in Kashmir by Islamists and NC+Cong govt due to time elapsed but wants the 1984 riots to be probed. Why should I not view it with tinted kommumnal lense ?

Find it hard to believe that DF will be tolerated if he is brazen EJ like especially when he is not a mass base leader.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:26 am

The best thing Modi government can do post 2019 or even before that is to bring a bill banning 3rd child across India irrespective of religion. Any couple having a 3rd child should be ideally stripped off voting rights but I am sure the judiciary will throw a fit at even the thought of this. The next best thing is to exclude such families from all kind of Government aid & subsidies. Even that may be tough to follow through due to the blatantly anti-national lordshits. No other way to prevent India from splintering in another 100 years or become a Islamic country in 150.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:27 am

What a tragedy. After thousands of years of culture there is no place on earth for hindus to practice our culture unapologetically without someone calling us communal and oppress our freedom under the name of secularism. We want to live in a land where the government promotes culture of this land, unapologetically. I don't know how it is possible... ever.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:53 am

abhijit wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:27 am
What a tragedy. After thousands of years of culture there is no place on earth for hindus to practice our culture unapologetically without someone calling us communal and oppress our freedom under the name of secularism. We want to live in a land where the government promotes culture of this land, unapologetically. I don't know how it is possible... ever.
We lost that privilege on the day the preamble to the constitution was changed to add the word "Secular" to it. Keep in mind that there are NO countries in the world where the official religion is Hinduism.

The solution is to remove that darn word from the preamble and declare India the protectorate of Indic religions. It does not in any way preclude people of other faiths from living in this country or practicing their religion in all glory. It could add extra protections against aggressive proselytization of Indic people.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:56 am

+1, abhijit and ssundar saars.

sanjayC
BGR Member

Post by sanjayC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:03 am

abhijit wrote:
As Sitaram Goel said, the only option for Hindus is to seize the state from rabid Hindu haters wearing the mask of secularism. Congress is the ring leader of anti-Hinduism in India. Personally I believe that Congress will disintegrate on its own once SG kicks the bucket and with that, half of the problems of Hindus will be over.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:21 am

SSundar wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:53 am
abhijit wrote:
We lost that privilege on the day the preamble to the constitution was changed to add the word "Secular" to it. Keep in mind that there are NO countries in the world where the official religion is Hinduism.

The solution is to remove that darn word from the preamble and declare India the protectorate of Indic religions. It does not in any way preclude people of other faiths from living in this country or practicing their religion in all glory. It could add extra protections against aggressive proselytization of Indic people.
The first person to throw the stone at you will be a Hindu, second will be a Sikh, third a Jain. Abrahamics will come after that. We Indics are our own worst enemy.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:34 am

It is not the word secular but the mind set which is inherently Anti-Hindu. but then we can't seem to tolerate even NM who is best bet for Hindus in last 100 years, then fate awaits Luteyn sponsored PM is anyones guess.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:43 am

Can some one who understands marathi translate this? I think this is the MAH govt circular about temple lands.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:51 am

There was a sting by IndiaToday in Madrasas teaching students to hate others and love ISIS.
Would this be possible in a congress rule?
BJP is going about putting constraints and restrictions on madrasas in a systematic way so congress cannot accuse it of bias and revive them later. Have patience guys. It will take time to turn the clock back but it will be turned back if BJP stays in power.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:27 pm

hanumadu wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:51 am
There was a sting by IndiaToday in Madrasas teaching students to hate others and love ISIS.
Would this be possible in a congress rule?
BJP is going about putting constraints and restrictions on madrasas in a systematic way so congress cannot accuse it of bias and revive them later. Have patience guys. It will take time to turn the clock back but it will be turned back if BJP stays in power.
On the subject of promoting indian culture I have zeo, absolute zero faith in NM and the kabila around him. In fact I think sooner he is replaced the better. Just waiting for Yogi thats all. For that will tolerate NM for another 5 years.

Note this, next vote is for BJP and not him. bold and double underline.

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:32 pm

Vikas wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:51 am
AbhishekC wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:57 pm
At least now finally some people are seeing that Modi sarkar is a traitor government
AbhishekC, name one Govt (even a state govt) which was not traitor in that case.
1. Indira Gandhi

2. Narasimha Rao.

There. Named 2, and that too at the national level.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:47 pm

Subramanian Swamy

Verified account
More
It is surprising to learn from friends in London that like Quattrocchi in Malaysia and Argentina, the case against Mallya is being botched up. For example, instead of Cr.PC Section 164 statement of witnesses, one u/s 161 is being submitted !

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:30 pm

'Secular' was obviously introduced due the the Nehruvian influence, who in turn picked it up from Europe. There is a different connotation to 'secular' in Europe, and as it is understood by many in India. To many Indians, secular is fair and equal treatment of all religious groups (धर्म निष्पक्ष). Nehru being a leftist, understood it in the European context, that of being devoid of all religion.

The Congis/EJ crowd can be very disingenuous in that they demand European secularism for Hindus and Hindu institutions, while demanding धर्म निष्पक्ष + minority favours, for Muslims/Christians.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:56 pm

Indra Gandhi a nationalist- need we say more.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:00 pm

Europe is highly religious, even Britain where every year the queen honors british military in St. Paul cathedral. In the western world secularism means 'we are christains but we do not discriminate other religions'. However in india secularism means 'we are not hindus, we definitely don't want to be hindu, rest all religions are fine'.
Last edited by abhijit on Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:02 pm

Most of the secular traditions in Europe come from French philosophers, but then even France is a very Catholic country.

geeth
BGR Newbie

Post by geeth » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:47 pm

The HRW group shouting that @Dev_Fadnavis is selling temple land

TRUTH : circular actually says if temple trust wishes to develop land originally earmarked for agriculture for something like an educational institution or hospital then the govt will give this permission

viaWA

geeth
BGR Newbie

Post by geeth » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:51 pm

TRUTH : circular actually says if temple trust wishes to develop land originally earmarked for agriculture for something like an educational institution or hospital then the govt will give this permission

viaWA

Check out @dhruvsharmaits1’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/dhruvsharmaits1/sta ... 32032?s=09

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:52 pm

SSundar wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:37 pm
Hari Seldon wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:01 am
JihadiDi showing class, even if inadvertantly.
There are those who might say this is "Indian" class, often with good reason, unfortunately. :(

A London hotel I stayed in during a business trip sent me a revised bill adding upwards of 20 pounds a few days after I checked out. They said I took some fruits from a fruit platter which was not complimentary. I emailed the person in charge at the hotel who turned out to be a Sardarji. He refused to accept that I did not take those fruits. Said he sees this all the time with some of his guests. I replied saying that there was no reason for me to fly business class, stay at his hotel overnight and "steal" fruit. I told him that I would pay up but will ensure that no one at my employer would ever stay at that hotel. He apologized and waived the charge. The few bad "fruits" ruin it for all the rest of us.
I've always felt that as an Indian living abroad, we become unwitting ambassadors for everything Indian. No matter how many years you've spent living in a Western country, we are ALWAYS seen as Indian as are our children, at least until you are in conversation with somebody when the speech patterns and accent (in the case of our kids) lets them know we are not FOB. Otherwise, to a casual observer at the airport, in a restaurant or elsewhere we are just that - Indians.

Anything we do in a public sphere then gets to be taken as 'typical Indian behavior'. If you tip poorly at any place, the next Indian there is going to be viewed with concern.

There is a negative side to being good, too. Every Indian kid in the US is expected to win the local Spelling Bee and go on to high achievements academically. Parents push their kids beyond reason, I've seen the bad effects of this in my own extended family.

It is tough being the first gen immigrants in a new land, all we can do is our best and hopefully our kids and others who follow will benefit from it.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:57 pm

geeth wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:51 pm

viaWA

Check out @dhruvsharmaits1’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/dhruvsharmaits1/sta ... 32032?s=09
Yeah that “clarification “ doesn’t really help.

This thread from Neha is quite articulate:
https://twitter.com/neha_aks/status/951106185020796929

Essentially, it lets the guys who run the temple transfer the land to another government department for it to use as it sees fit. The original reason of the land was to help fund the temple. Here (even) if the proceeds of the land is given to the temple, most of it will be used to fund churches and mosques because of government controls. Even so, there won’t be long term income for the temples nor can they expand the temple if necessary.

Remember, temple trust doesn’t mean much because it is essentially a government run trust with babus who can be easily persuaded for the right price. Remember the Christian wedding at a Kerala temple where meat was served?? It was an IAS baby who allowed it even after locals objected. So no, the clarification doesn’t help David Fadnavis

Chandrasekaran
BGR Newbie

Post by Chandrasekaran » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:19 pm

geeth wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:51 pm

viaWA

As long as the govt controls the temple trust, this will only make the situation worse. First let the govt. get off the temple trusts and use all the money generated from temples *ONLY FOR THE TEMPLE/HINDU CAUSE", then this amendment can be allowed to use temple lands for purposes other than agriculture. If you want an example for this, look no further than Sri Kapaleeswarar temple. This temple owns hunders of acres of land in the heart of Chennai, for which its receives peanuts if at all....Read it all about here from this old article....

https://devapriyaji.wordpress.com/2010/05/14/2219/
Last edited by Chandrasekaran on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:20 pm

Aditya_V wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:56 pm
Indra Gandhi a nationalist- need we say more.
She never let India's honor down. Ever.

If Theresa May had tried to blackmail IG, like she did Modi on 8-Nov-2016, IG would have had her for lunch. And then she would have burped her out, not even shat her out.

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:38 pm

BJP holding Muslim sammelan in West Bengal :mrgreen:

https://aajtak.intoday.in/story/west-be ... 76938.html

Look at this photo: https://smedia2.intoday.in/aajtak/image ... 8x347.jpeg

Jai Ho and all that.

Just don't say I didn't warn you that it is not a Hindu party :mrgreen:

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:03 pm

wow...WB has muslim population of 30%! Congratulations! ^
Such a state can never be won unless muslim's votes are broken in two like shia vs sunni.
But even in the states they wooed Muslims in past (Bihar), only 5-10% at best voted for them.