The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
SSundar
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by SSundar » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:37 pm

Hari Seldon wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:01 am
JihadiDi showing class, even if inadvertantly.
There are those who might say this is "Indian" class, often with good reason, unfortunately. :(

A London hotel I stayed in during a business trip sent me a revised bill adding upwards of 20 pounds a few days after I checked out. They said I took some fruits from a fruit platter which was not complimentary. I emailed the person in charge at the hotel who turned out to be a Sardarji. He refused to accept that I did not take those fruits. Said he sees this all the time with some of his guests. I replied saying that there was no reason for me to fly business class, stay at his hotel overnight and "steal" fruit. I told him that I would pay up but will ensure that no one at my employer would ever stay at that hotel. He apologized and waived the charge. The few bad "fruits" ruin it for all the rest of us.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:54 pm

Last edited by chetak on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:57 pm

I wish they would name these veritable gentlemards.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:00 pm

Shakuni wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:57 pm
I wish they would name these veritable gentlemards.
social media should be able to reveal all.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:05 pm

^^^^^^^

One name.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:29 pm

IIN ( उत्तय पयदेस )‏
@SamarG_Uvaach
Follow Follow @SamarG_Uvaach
More
Senior Journalist Dipankar Nandi of Aajkal News & Deobash Bhattacharya of Anand Bajar Patrika accompanying Bengal C.M. Mamata Banerjee to London during Official Visit Caught Stealing Silver Cutlery By Hotel Staff During Dinner, Fined with £50.

New Kind Of Journalism!!...
8:37 AM - 9 Jan 2018

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:09 pm

Looks every bit a CPM/TMC goon!

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:11 pm

Does Kendriya Vidyalaya's Morning Prayer Promote Hinduism? Supreme Court To Decide :cry: :oops: :facepalm:
The court was acting on a petition by a lawyer who argues that the morning prayer is in violation of the constitution as it promotes a particular religion. The lawyer's children also studied in the Kendriya Vidyalaya.
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/does-ke ... ide-179822
"there is no scientific reason to call this prayer beneficial, so it should be scrapped."

The prayer is "constitutionally impermissible", says his petition, adding that institutions funded by the state cannot propagate any religion.

Compulsory shlokas and prayers, the petition says, are contrary to the Articles in the constitution that state that "no religious instruction shall be provided in any educational institution maintained out of state funds" and "all citizens shall have the right to freedom of speech and expression."
I was raised in KV. Throughout my childhood sang tamso ma jyotirgamay..(Lead us to light from darkness), never realised it was communal!
Forget us, no peaceful friend ever complained about KV prayer!

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:51 am

srikumar wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:13 am
KL Dubey wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:09 am
Indrad wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:53 pm
[img]
^^^
The guy in the front row with dyed hair and the dark suit looks like he'd taken a really hard shyte that morning...i.e., done his "huun-kar" a little earlier than expected.
The three guys in the front look seriously pissed off for some reason, especially the guy in the middle :lol: Your captions of another picture.... of Chidambaram saar braying at a temble ....the thought-bubbles that you wrote up on the priests was really funny.
Thank you sah, and gaw'bless. Jus tryna keep thingz real....

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:01 am

rajkumar wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:29 pm
JohnTitor wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:18 pm
What is an "encounter"? A police killing? ?
Yes John they are.
Doesn't have to be. It basically means a planned police ambush of the bad guys. If they surrender, it leads to arrests. If not, well....

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:48 am

The thing about shlokas is that it's not merely religious, its also cultural and historic. Hence the bhoomi poojan when digging the foundation of a government building, or Ganesh pooja before launching a rocket. It is very much rooted in the history and culture of the land, and Hindus cannot and must not be penalised just because other religious groups do not have the same cultural and historic affiliation.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:51 am

Each indian culture is becoming communal now. It is ultimate unbecoming of india. No country in the world, absolutely no country, demotes its history and culture like Indian government and judiciary does.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:57 am

Shakuni wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:48 am
The thing about shlokas is that it's not merely religious, its also cultural and historic. Hence the bhoomi poojan when digging the foundation of a government building, or Ganesh pooja before launching a rocket. It is very much rooted in the history and culture of the land, and Hindus cannot and must not be penalised just because other religious groups do not have the same cultural and historic affiliation.
It will come to those as well. Wait and see.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:01 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:18 pm
What is an "encounter"? A police killing? ?
Not always. In this case I think they have taken every police raid as an encounter. Usually an encounter is where shots are fired and culprit is nabbed/injured/killed.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:15 am

Karthik wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:57 am
Shakuni wrote:
It will come to those as well. Wait and see.
I’m sure BJPs resident EJ, Fadnavis, will lead the charge

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:36 am

Shakuni wrote:
This is how the BIF are destroying our history and culture. With the help of traitors in the country, they push through their agenda

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:49 am

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-new ... RspNI.html
“The RSS has tried to convert Christians into Hindus. Do you think they will try to convert Meghalaya into a Hindu state?”
So EJ's and Peacefools converted (& Killed) half the humanity in their quest to impose ways of Allah/Jesus but Heavens forbid if Hindus would even think about bringing back some of them in the fold.

PS: Article so conveniently talks about Xtian clergy influencing the elections to prevent Hindu BJP from forming the Govt but Nooo, Communal Hindus must be taught a lesson by creating fissures in the Hindu society.
Wonder if Pappu will visit few temples in Meghalya and flaunt his Jenau.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:51 am

AbhishekC wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:57 pm
At least now finally some people are seeing that Modi sarkar is a traitor government
AbhishekC, name one Govt (even a state govt) which was not traitor in that case.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:02 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:42 pm
David fednavis is an EJ, wolf in sheep's clothing. He needs to be fired. If modi/ bjp doesn't dump this man, I pray that MH votes for anyone but BJP. At this point fednavis is as bad as congoons
DAVID fadnavis !! :shock: :o :mrgreen: :rotfl:

oh man !!! I was banned on BRF1 because I was putting anti-Modi posts. But my posts were no way closer to this one !!

But I do like the phrase DAVID fadnavis . I will publicize it on my FB profile. I have some 5000 followers -- all will love it. Let me also cook up names for other RSS leaders such as Venkiah Naidu etc --- how about Victor Naidu? I thought I was the best BRFites when it came to name calling. But for this jan-2018, you get the gold.

(added later --- victor naidu, veronica (or vanesa?) raje schindhia, mcmohan bhagwat :lol: )

---------------

FDI and more FDI. So looks like Modiji knows ONLY one trick to improve economy - hand over sectors of economy to usuk-elitemen in the name of FDI etc. And then how to improve education, health for poor? Well, missionaries will make schools and hospitals. So handover economy to usuk-elitemen and handover poor to missionaries. And almost all RSS-workers I see on FB etc support this plan. And in turn, let India become a camel so that usuk-elitemen and missionaries can make destroy islamists and china. So basically, fight USUK's war against china and islamists, and paidmedia funded by usuk-elitemen will give cerificate of nationalists to Modiji and rss-workers !!!

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:32 am

Mehta ji, my disdain for Fadnavis doesn’t extend to Modi or Yogi. While Modi isn’t as pro-Hindu as I’d like, he’s not the outright EJ Fadnavis is. So it would be wrong of you to come to that conclusion. My contempt for the man (David) is based on his continuous anti-Hindu diktats

As far as Naidu is concerned, I’ve not heard much about him to come to any judgment.

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:59 am

I am simply shocked at the Nehruvianism of Fadnavis. Especially since I thought he used to be a pracharak.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:40 am

everyone is shocked. good thing is he is pushing lot of infra projects that congress can't even complete in 20 years.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:51 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:32 am
Mehta ji, my disdain for Fadnavis doesn’t extend to Modi or Yogi. While Modi isn’t as pro-Hindu as I’d like, he’s not the outright EJ Fadnavis is. So it would be wrong of you to come to that conclusion. My contempt for the man (David) is based on his continuous anti-Hindu diktats

As far as Naidu is concerned, I’ve not heard much about him to come to any judgment.
JT, Is this sentiment shared by upper echelons of BJP and RSS that DF has soft corner for EJ's or is this more hype than anything else.
:facepalm:

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:02 am

^^ I think we're well past hype and hunches. When voices were raised against fadnavis early into his term for some anti hindu decisions, it was brushed of as babus trying to discredit him. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

We're now well into his tenure to use that as an excuse and there is ample evidence of his cozying upto missionaries in the form of his wife and her activities. So no, it isn't hype it is fact. Whether RSS and the BJP brass share the same sentiment is irrelevant.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:05 am

abhijit wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:40 am
everyone is shocked. good thing is he is pushing lot of infra projects that congress can't even complete in 20 years.
I am not sure indics are happy to make a compromise for better infrastructure at the cost of our culture and long term survival. I definitely am not - and frankly such a compromise need not be made because the two are not in conflict.