The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
JohnTitor
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by JohnTitor » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:56 am

Aditya_V wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:22 am
Agree with Hari Seldon, throw our fiscal responsibility after 1 Apr 2018. winning 2019 is important. Make sure that everyone is tied well in 2019, even if reverses happen UPA does not have free cash flow.
In order for manufacturing to kick start, taxes need to drop. 30% is huge and no manufacturer will come to India, unless of course they can offset it by paying the plebs next to nothing.

Heck, even trump has reduced corporate taxes. Governments are always the most inefficient allocators of capital. Best to reduce taxes and let private business decide.

Secondly income tax in India is too high. Tax free up to 2.5 lacs?? What a joke. That is the deposit for an average house in Bangalore. Contrast that with the tax free amount in the UK which is about 10x the average deposit of a flat in London. And the UK is considered a high tax country- when you compare it to the likes of US or even France (single bread earners can use the tax free amount of a non working spouse). As with corporate taxes, best to give money to people and give them incentives to spend or save in government funds that can be used for building infrastructure (as they have done in Japan). They should make the first 10lacs tax free, next 40 lacs 10% and 20% beyond 50lacs income.

Will jetli reduce taxes? Probably but only a token amount, the man is working against modi. He needs to be retired

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:05 am

Not going out and voting for NM indirectly makes me supporting BiF.
For all the faults that NM and BJP has, They are still the best bet for Indics which Indian masses have thrown up since the days of Shivaji. Why bring down one of our very own just because I am "disappointed" and bring back Aurangzeb.
NM coming to power after dark days of Italian mafia / Islamization may not be the moment akin to Fish leaving water and walking on terra-firma but it was closer to invention of printing press moment.
The battle for Bharat will not be won by bickering among its foot soldiers doubting the General. We don't want EIC to come in while we almost defeated the Mughals and claimed Bharat for us.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:13 am

Karthik wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:46 am
chetak wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:32 am
Karthik wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:17 am
Let alone punishing the corrupt, the govt at the minimum can bring back the $1T black money abroad, we already have the list, SSwamy mentioned 3 ways it can be done. Imagine how much development (SSSV)can be done with that amount of money.
Yes, indeed.

Let's not forget the 15 lakhs in every account too.

Regarding the $1T black money abroad:

Don't you think it would have happened by now if Modi could have done it so easily?? Many may have gone to courts abroad and got it stayed.
Do you still believe in this rhetoric?
BTW repeating again, the swiss when they gave the list of people who have hoarded money in their banks to other countries, India too got the details of citizens in that list. We have the names already with the government. There is nothing to go to abroad courts to get stay and all. Don't know what that means.
yes, I do.

If it could have been done and as easily as you say, it would surely have been done by now. Surely Modi is more capable that either you or I, no??

But you seem to have some inside info that you are itching to reveal, so spit it out.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:24 am

But the beauty about the Swiss being totally honest and giving out lists to the Indian Babu's. If that ever happened the Swiss economy would have collapsed. Thier economy thrives on this secrecy.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:31 am

syam wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:17 am
Looks like I didn't miss anything. Bitching is still going strong here.

Stop entertaining people like Karthk. He is like naive kid from college. We are on scrappy boat in the middle of ocean with shit storm brewing in horizon. And here these guys want us to ditch the boat and jump into waters. Nice Idea sirji.
This attitude is unhelpful.

Ignore the likes of Karthik at your/BJPs peril.

I’m not sure whether you live in India, but where I live modi doesn’t enjoy the same support he did 4years ago. Rural India might still be overwhelmingly for him but he also needs urban voters.

If this lot sit at home and vote on big boss instead of the booth, we all lose. Being arrogant and telling them their votes don’t matter is not the way forward

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:33 am

Aditya_V wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:24 am
But the beauty about the Swiss being totally honest and giving out lists to the Indian Babu's. If that ever happened the Swiss economy would have collapsed. Thier economy thrives on this secrecy.
Since before WWI and WWII. They have benefitted from every war globally, accepting money from crooks, dictators, drug lords and of course, last but not least, the ubiquitous "ordinary" businessmen.

The bastards have been hoarding nazi gold which they have appropriated for themselves because there have been no claimants.

and some Indians are foolish enough to believe in santa claus, tooth faries and faltu lists.

Their economy, as well as their country, run on such neatly organised thefts.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:37 am

The GST Slabs are a joke. 18% for toothpaste, sanitary towels etc? Seriously?? These are luxury items apparently, and this after they were moved from the 28% slab.

The states are working to ensure modi doesn’t win. Jetli is hand in glove

You can check any item here:

http://m.hindustantimes.com/interactive ... lete-list/

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:39 am

Modiji, Fadnavis, Jetliey etc are one and the same.

Then why does Modiji directly act like Fadnavis does? because in such case, Hinduvaadies will immediately start looking for alternatives. So to convince Hinduvaadies, that they should still stay with RSS = BJP, Modiji maintains a posture of "committed nationalist committed hinduvaadi " etc while Fadvanis will do what we know he is doing - promoting missionaries

Same way Jetliey will work to ruin small/middle and Indian businesses and promote interests of usuk-elitemen. And Modiji will create a posture that he is not with Jetliey and it is Jetliey who is creating the mess. That way, businessmen etc will still have faith in Modiji, stay with rss = bjp, and will NOT work to create an alternative

But at the end, modiji, jetliey, fadnavis are one and the same.

------

I divide Indian economy into 4 segments
(1) small / medium businesses and manufacturers
(2) large businesses and manufactures in India owned by Indians
(3) land hoarders (godrej , missionaries etc)
(4) foreign business es and manufacturers

(1) is going down and down and down.
(2) going down
(3) going up
(4) going up and up and up

IOW, growth rate is not bad because companies owned by usuk-elitemen are growing in India. But growth rate of Indian owned companies in India is shrinking day by day

One "proof" is rising foreign investment in India. It is rising so high, that rupee is appreciating. And it is foreigners taking over Indian economy, and sadly it is being celebrated as a "good" thing by SoMoKe and SoMoke-supporters !!

Once usuk-elitemen take over economy, they will exterminate Indian religions and replace by their own. Thats what they did in SoKo, Philippines etc and do same in India

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:43 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:31 am
syam wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:17 am
Looks like I didn't miss anything. Bitching is still going strong here.

Stop entertaining people like Karthk. He is like naive kid from college. We are on scrappy boat in the middle of ocean with shit storm brewing in horizon. And here these guys want us to ditch the boat and jump into waters. Nice Idea sirji.
This attitude is unhelpful.

Ignore the likes of Karthik at your/BJPs peril.

I’m not sure whether you live in India, but where I live modi doesn’t enjoy the same support he did 4years ago. Rural India might still be overwhelmingly for him but he also needs urban voters.

If this lot sit at home and vote on big boss instead of the booth, we all lose. Being arrogant and telling them their votes don’t matter is not the way forward
Being arrogant never helped anyone. Somehow lot of people take it personally if you find flaw in the Govt.
John Ji, Support for Modi Ji is still skyrocketing if you see the recent survey done by India Today-MARG.
What you might have experienced is slowing down of the high that we had achieved after May'2014.

PS: Every Vote matters. If you don't believe me, Ask ABV whose 1 year old govt was thrown out by just one vote.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:46 am

John - All these items where charged heavily under Excise and State Sales Tax and Vat previously. You cannot overnight completely drop rates without affecting Government revenues. Its the 70 year legacy. In fact under previous regime they were taxed close to 30%. Just shows how transparency opens someones eyes.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:51 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:37 am
The GST Slabs are a joke. 18% for toothpaste, sanitary towels etc? Seriously?? These are luxury items apparently, and this after they were moved from the 28% slab.

The states are working to ensure modi doesn’t win. Jetli is hand in glove

You can check any item here:

http://m.hindustantimes.com/interactive ... lete-list/

Call one joint session of the parliament, kick the congi/commie backsides, pass all pending bills and show them who is boss.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:00 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:31 am
I’m not sure whether you live in India, but where I live modi doesn’t enjoy the same support he did 4years ago.
Stop supporting Modiji. No one asking you to vote for BJP here. Don't worry about Modiji.

When people have problems with some one, they should ditch him. Constant bitching about his fails is no way to go. You guys can't even make decision. It's been months I am seeing it here. No progress. . .

BJP failed you guys. Please do the necessary. Stop putting hopes in some failed body.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:05 am

Aditya, absolutely. GST rates probably work out lower than the myriad of taxes thatvwere charged earlier. But transpirancy is a double edged sword. Since businesses are not replacing one tax with another and instead are adding GST on top of the previous rates, people cannot see that all that has happened is a consolidated rate.

This is working against modi. Modi should have gotten the government to create a list of previous vs current taxes for each product. Jetli could have easily done this.

Instead they have left it to the likes of us to explain to the layperson that modi hasn't raised taxes.

In any case, over the next few years taxes in general need to come down. Government should reduce criss subsidising things like train tickets etc and charge full prices. Instead , they should give the poor a monthly stipend (possibly linked to CPI) to compensate them.

This way people will pay taxes and government won't need to take loans to subsidise things for everyone.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:21 am

chetak wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:33 am
Aditya_V wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:24 am
Since before WWI and WWII. They have benefitted from every war globally, accepting money from crooks, dictators, drug lords and of course, last but not least, the ubiquitous "ordinary" businessmen.

The bastards have been hoarding nazi gold which they have appropriated for themselves because there have been no claimants.

and some Indians are foolish enough to believe in santa claus, tooth faries and faltu lists.

Their economy, as well as their country, run on such neatly organised thefts.
Chetak sir, stop making a fool of yourself now, it just takes a simple google search, you'll come to know about this info.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:29 am

syam, your first few posts in BRF were enough for me to put you in my ignore list. I've done the same here too. I've nothing to learn from or debate with you. Kindly return the favor, I don't want you to take my name after reading my posts. TIA.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:02 am

Whoever believes that the Swiss are ready to return Indian money to us, please do let me know, I have some land on the moon to sell to you.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:20 pm

chetak wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:18 am
It could have garnered much more public adulation and rock solid support if it had instead or in addition simply filled potholes on the roads, cleaned streets, publicly thrashed rapists and then imprisoned them after a fast track trial, had beat cops patrolling very visibly on the roads at night, improved banking services, tackled low level corruption in govt offices and stopped the rapacious PSU buggers from levying heavy fines for routine transactions under the guise of service charges, giving ridiculously low interest rates for deposits while still maintaining an artificially high lending rate to line their own pockets.

If they had tried, convicted and jailed all the known scamsters and in full public glare of prime time TV led these misbegotten sobs in chains to the most miserable of prisons instead of getting involved in dalit controversies, hobnobbing with the very presstitutes who love to spit on Hindu faces, stopped these ridiculous medical visas to the very people who are killing our soldiers everyday, followed through on jailing the hurriyat leaders, sorting out cesspools like JNU by "streamlining" funds, built the fence on the beedi border with speed and commitment, stopped the smuggling of cattle across the beedi border, a process that was streamlined by lallu prasad and his commie pals, Such actions would have enthused the public and the aam aadmi.

Instead, we see a bad press on a daily basis, inept BJP spokies on TV when much more articulate, credible and willing BJP party folks are wantonly sidelined by internecine warfare among piddly local power centres.

Big guns like SSwamy are not supported whereas vote losing jetli is seen pontificating on every topic under the sun.

Something stinks real bad.

But, I am still hoping for a miracle in 2019.
Brilliantly articulated, chetak saar.

Point is this - doing the slow-steady, long-term reform didn't necessarily have to contradict or crowd-out the "populist" things you mention above.

One reason I suspect The_Yogi is winning such accolades and hearts among the Indic vote base and the aam-aami alike in UP is because he has publicly taken to doing the above, in whatever capacity his dmin skills allow.

More power to him and jai ho.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:22 pm

Chandragupta wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:02 am
Whoever believes that the Swiss are ready to return Indian money to us, please do let me know, I have some land on the moon to sell to you.
There may be more going on than we know or are led to believe. Almost nobody but the general public wants the money to be brought back because that not only will empty the Swiss banks but also expose a lot of people who may still be on power or hold power in some other fashion. I think it is an extremely difficult task for any government, even one as nationalistic as the present one. There are bound to be people in Modi's regime too who have illicit wealth stored in the Swiss accounts. It would be hard to take action against them. That may also be the reason why the Black money hoarders have not yet been brought to task, some may be 'in the house' already. Modi and AS are incorruptible, but do we know for sure that all the others are equally clean?

It sounds very silly, but an enormous boost to the national pride may be to negotiate with the Brits to get the Kohinoor back. It is a low-hanging fruit, and a token gesture at best, without any real economic benefit to anybody, but boy, would it ignite the masses!

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:44 pm

BJP is not as white as I want it lets get INC, wow. BJP is 35/100 trying to improve marks, INC+Left+DMK etc is 5/100 and trying to prove 95 wrong answers are correct. which do you choose.
I divide BIF into 2 groups

(1) BIFR = BIF rapidly = vote for congress
(2) BIFS = BIF slowly = vote for RSS aka BJP

BIFS have a neat strategy. Hide the fact that best alternative in politics since 5000 years has been - create better alternatives, and show that indics have only two alternatives - congress and rss.

So most will pick rss, which BI slowly

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:51 pm

syam wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:00 am
Stop supporting Modiji. No one asking you to vote for BJP here. Don't worry about Modiji.
People will support Modiji, worry about Modiji and vote for BJP. What the phak are you gonna do about it? Whine, bitch and moan like you're doing now? In that case how are you any different from those you berate, trolley ji?
When people have problems with some one, they should ditch him.
Maybe they should, maybe they shouldn't? Why the fook should they take your genteel advice, eh? Can't recall anyone asking you for sage advice.
Constant bitching about his fails is no way to go.
Maybe it is the way go. Maybe it isn't. Who asked you for gravy?
You guys can't even make decision. It's been months I am seeing it here. No progress. . .
OK we can't make a decision. So? Our decision, our way. What are you gonna do about it? Ghanta? Just like I thought. Lol.
BJP failed you guys. Please do the necessary. Stop putting hopes in some failed body.
We won't do the necessary. We will continue putting hopes wherever we want. Tum kya ukhaad loge, trolley dude? :lol:

P.S. Parachuting into perfectly reasonable and sane discussions with inane, incoherent, over-the-top bluster. Fits para-chutiyas to a tee. Onlee. :rotfl:

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:57 pm

#Intolerant भारतीय@goyalsanjeev
59m59 minutes ago
More
Finally #AccheDin has started for #ZakirNaik as well ... #10JP ke 'haath' bahut lambe hain
Thank you @narendramodi @arunjaitley @rsprasad for another exemplary work [ED's vakeel in this case is daughter of a 10jp slave] towards "Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas"... Jai ho

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:03 pm

Hari Seldon wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:51 pm
P.S. Parachuting into perfectly reasonable and sane discussions with inane, incoherent, over-the-top bluster. Fits para-chutiyas to a tee. Onlee. :rotfl:
You guys keep bitching. Karthik and you will make nice pair.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:10 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:25 am

Having said that, I don’t like it because of privacy issues. The government so far hasn’t given me confidence in securing the highly sensitive data with constant leaks and data breaches. Having lived abroad, I take privacy very seriously but here everyone tells everyone everything.

But aadhar is the only way to ensure people can’t cheat the system. Without it corruption is uncontrollable
And that is why it was so important to implement and there is so much hue and cry against it.

As far as privacy is concerned, I gave up on it long ago. In the US certainly, 'they' know everything about you. People can look up where I live on google maps, get such close views of my house that they can see my cars parked in the driveway. Then they can look up how much I paid for my house and when, what it is worth today, how much my taxes are etc. From there, it is a quick and easy search for other things. The government has access to everything else, every penny I earn is recorded with the IRS, all the places I've ever lived in the US are in the database as are the cars I've owned. 99% of my purchasing and spending is through my credit cards and it is all being cataloged somewhere. My phone lists every location I've been to in the past several days (can be disabled, I know, but it helps me, so I leave it on). In short, my life is really an open book for anyone who wants to read it.

It used to bother me in the beginning, but now it does not. I have nothing to hide, never did anything 'wrong', so why worry. In India I can see how people could use this information against political or other opponents. But when everyone's info is out there, it may indeed make it less likely. when everyone is naked in the street, everyone is equally vulnerable. Perhaps.

Neela
BGR Newbie

Post by Neela » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:48 pm

A long time ago on another forum, I had hoped and prayed GoI to cleave/ divide&rule the Muslim folk of India.

I hope the event below was engineered by GoI.

Madrasas providing misplaced religious education, should be affiliated to CBSE, ICSE: Shia body

Looks like the Sunnis have taken strong objection to the above.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:23 pm

Republic tv is trending "jignass flop show" or something to that effect.

While jignu may have some traction in his malsi heavy constituency, his reception outside GJ would be like the one kejri got in kashi. Or so I hope. Onlee.