The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Dumal
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by Dumal » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:02 am

MehtaRahulC wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:36 am
To start with, all voters of should publicly disclose their political beliefs about judges on twitter. eg if you believe that x% of judges are corrupt, then pls mention that on twitter.
Jai MehtaRahulC! (BTW, what else are you going to make us do before you deliver your utopia? :roll:)

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:14 am

Supratik wrote: If the judgement passes in favour of PFI it will make LJ easier as parents won't be able to approach court
I am actually waiting to read the official judgement at the Supreme Court web site (http://sci.gov.in/judgments). The judgement is yet to be put up there. I feel this case should be seen from multiple angles, and not from Love Jehad angle alone. Honestly, in this case the aspect of "Love Jehad" is pretty week.

Assume if this girl had met the current "groom" as just two common people would do. And then decide to get married. There would be opposition from the girls' side. But if that case had then landed up in a Kerala court, the verdict would 99.9% be against the girl's parents. Even if the entire world knows it is a case of "Love Jehad", the court would just stand with the lover couple. There has been a recent case of "Love Kurukshethra"*, where a Muslim girl approached the court with her Hindu lover and the court ruled in favour of the lovers. The sight of the father of the girl crying and calling out her name, would even make any other father sad for a while. In straight forward cases, the court orders have also been very simple and straight forward.

In this case, the said girl had got indoctrinated by two of her Muslim hostel room mates, who taking their relatives' help got her to the Sathyasarini. As of yesterday, we can clearly say that the indoctrination has been pretty much complete. To be frank, I would also lay the majority of the blame on the parents of the girl for bringing her up in this manner. The father (an ex-soldier) was a commie and atheist to boot. The mother was pretty much helpless. The parents also did not bother when the daughter spent more time visiting the homes of her hostel room mates. Any religion who encourages conversion would also have in its ranks, people who could spot targets who can be easily converted.

The case became more messier when the father put up a habeous corpus petition. Even then the Kerala High court allowed the girl to stay with a Muslim woman. It was at this stage that the said Muslim woman (who also got trapped in a sting operation), planned to get a Muslim marriage done for the girl. Because if that had happened, the courts would behave exactly the way I listed in the second paragraph. But Kerala High Court understood the trap set here, and that is why it annulled the marriage.

Today PFI is in deep trouble. The NIA has gathered enough and more evidence on their nefarious designs. The "groom" Shefin Jahan also may have to have his "honey moon" in a prison cell if the evidence NIA has is good enough. More than all this it is the credibility of such organisations and Muslims in general which has taken a hit. Kerala society is as conservative or hypocritical as any other. "Liberalism & progressiveness" is all fine, until it is practised on one's own family. At the end of it, this girl may just move over to Islam and get married to any one else. But she has triggered a very big alarm bell in the Kerala non-Muslim communities. More the "seculars" keep the case in media highlight, higher would be the noise of the alarm bell.

* No, I did not coin this word. It is done by some organisations in Kerala only :lol:.
crams wrote:Guys on this Kerala girl LJ case, I am truly mystified at the cacophony emanating from elite women. Sometimes I wonder if they have any brains, or is their Hindu hatred so intense that will twist anything to make BJP/RSS look regressive and anti-women's rights.
The Hindu "elite" women have also been brainwashed, but in a very different line. And we must admit that in issues like national security, women (elite or other wise) are generally clueless. Many of them do not have the "bigger picture", and cannot look beyond their immediate families and the society they live in. I personally know a few such cases and at times I have openly asked them if their "liberalism" etc. was applicable to their own kids (or even worse, to their own parents and family). That generally puts my point across (and I get labelled as a Fascist & Communlaist ;)).

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:47 pm

I personally know a few such cases and at times I have openly asked them if their "liberalism" etc. was applicable to their own kids (or even worse, to their own parents and family)
"it won't happen to me" is such a strong phenomenon in our society. it extends to everything we do. we just don't open up and organize around something that easily. We just block that away as something that won't happen to us.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:52 pm

Hari Seldon wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:56 am
TIMES NOW‏Verified account @TimesNow Nov 27
National Conference leader Farooq Abdullah challenged the government to hoist the national flag, says 'Forget PoK, first hoist flag here'
Wow. Such butt-hurt (and openly displayed orifices to butt-ress that point) among even the patrician Abdullahs tells me that the relentless campaign to stunt terrorist finances, arms, movements etc in J&K is seriously pinching polity at all levels in the valley.

Or so I hope. Yay.
heh..this should be made a poster outside residence of that ass.

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:52 pm

As other non-muslim women Hadiya too will realize in less than 5 years after giving birth to 4 children the mistake she has made.

putnanja
BGR Newbie

Post by putnanja » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:19 am

How is the ground situation in Gujarat? Many papers saying BJP will lose. Deccan Herald recently had an article saying farmers will vote against BJP etc. Similar toned article from Telegraph. Know that Telegraph is known-congi paper. Curious to know what the ground situation is.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:09 am

^^ We will know in less than 3 weeks :-). But all kinds of bogus claims were made during UP election also.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:03 am

putnanja wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:19 am
How is the ground situation in Gujarat? Many papers saying BJP will lose. Deccan Herald recently had an article saying farmers will vote against BJP etc. Similar toned article from Telegraph. Know that Telegraph is known-congi paper. Curious to know what the ground situation is.
The main stream media seems to be in a chorus mode, and pretty much every news paper has similar reports.
Gujarath situation 'dicey' - audio said to be(!?) of Vijay Rupani leaked (Mathrubhumi: Malayalam).
Una victims say farmers will hit BJP hard (Deccan Herald: English)
PM Modi’s Magic Fails in Saurashtra: Jasdan Rally Sees Empty Seats (The Quint: English)
All said and done, I am sure that BJP also would have factored in all this when deciding on the candidates and working on the poll campaign.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:21 am

I prefer these type of reports to the debacle of 2004. In fact, media should carry reports of what INC media and leftists will do to try and jail Modi if they win the Gujarat elections, using crocked scheme or other.

BhairavP
BGR Newbie

Post by BhairavP » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:46 am

So pujya RaGa signed the Somnath Mandir register as a non-Hindu.
Hope the BJP makes a big hue and cry about this.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:50 am

Amitbhai Shah appeared in Rajat Sharma's show y'day and seemed convinced lotus will bag 150 seats in the GJ polls.

Sounded a tad unconvincing, mussay. Was reminded of similar grandiose claims made in 2015 too, before the DL and BH polls. Sigh.

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:32 am

He did sound unconvincing

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:45 am

Hari Seldon wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:50 am
Amitbhai Shah appeared in Rajat Sharma's show y'day and seemed convinced lotus will bag 150 seats in the GJ polls.
All said and one, BJP should be happy if they win the elections (with the right level of majority) in Gujrath. The rest; like number of seats won, polling percentage, this poll v/s last poll etc. does not matter. Because these are all for media "anal-ysts" to holler about. And this group is not going to be BJP friendly any way. They will find some or the other reason to show that BJP's win is actually a defeat ;) :).

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:03 pm

Hari Seldon wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:50 am
Sounded a tad unconvincing, mussay. Was reminded of similar grandiose claims made in 2015 too, before the DL and BH polls. Sigh.
In both DL and BH, BJP retained its expected voteshare. in that sense, bjp ground game has not 'failed'. the seat count changed due to tactical voting in DL and arithmetics in BH.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:15 pm

Guys, ModiJi needs to find that Shamshaan Vs Khabristiaan moment at this crucial juncture in Gujarat elections. All development talk is fine, but that alone is not enough. We all know BJP is the best bet for India and Gujarat in every sense: development, national security etc. But for that, they need to continue to be in power. Only development talk is just that, hot air, even a donkey, or a human dud like Pappu can pick and choose and poke holes. We need some big Hinduthva plank to get to people's emotions. I thought ModiJi will continue to hammer Pappu and Hafeez pigLeT love affair, but he's gone silent. Some big ticket Hinduthva slogan will see a Tsunami like the 150 seats AS was talking about.

Sridhar k
BGR Newbie

Post by Sridhar k » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:06 pm

Was in Gandhinagar recently met a senior Sangh karyakarta, who happens to be my friends dad. The view was that they are confident but dont want to take chances and go for the kill. Three terms of anti incumbency, Modis replacements struggling to keep up to his high standards. There is definetly some nervessnous since the stakes are very high. Even a small drop in seats will be spun as blow to Mudi and rejuvenate the BIF

More improvements seen after Modi came to the center though as there is a supportive central Govt especially the airport, Sabarmati river front, LED Lighting, more cleanliness.

KarthikSan
BGR Newbie

Post by KarthikSan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:33 pm

BhairavP wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:46 am
They did and the media is going hammer and tongs asking Pappu to declare his faith. Now, Randeep Surjewala is claiming that Rahul ji is not just any Hindu but a janeu dhari aka sacred thread wearing Hindu :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

At this rate the Congis are going to hang Pappu with hooks on his back like an aeroplane and parade him to every temple in the land before the GJ elections are over.

kvjayan
BGR Newbie

Post by kvjayan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:17 pm

KarthikSan wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:33 pm
BhairavP wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:46 am
They did and the media is going hammer and tongs asking Pappu to declare his faith. Now, Randeep Surjewala is claiming that Rahul ji is not just any Hindu but a janeu dhari aka sacred thread wearing Hindu :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

At this rate the Congis are going to hang Pappu with hooks on his back like an aeroplane and parade him to every temple in the land before the GJ elections are over.
RG may have to be careful when he visits Chennai. Rationalists will be waiting for him to cut his sacred thread, as they do frequently to exhibit their self-respect.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:40 pm

I am convinced that BJP will win in Gujarat though may not be with the thumping majority of UP. Modi Ji's name is still golden in his home state and now with the malicious slander that is being tossed around is sure to have repercussions among the aam junta. Sure, there will be a transfer of votes due to the usual caste politics but I don't believe this Hardik Patel character has enough charisma to pull it off.

Just my wishful thoughts perhaps

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:08 pm

kvjayan wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:17 pm
RG may have to be careful when he visits Chennai. Rationalists will be waiting for him to cut his sacred thread, as they do frequently to exhibit their self-respect.
OMG, what is the DMK going to do? They unknowingly had an alliance with a Brahmin? Which river should they dip in to cleanse themselves of this sin?

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:13 pm

Primus wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:40 pm
I am convinced that BJP will win in Gujarat though may not be with the thumping majority of UP. Modi Ji's name is still golden in his home state and now with the malicious slander that is being tossed around is sure to have repercussions among the aam junta. Sure, there will be a transfer of votes due to the usual caste politics but I don't believe this Hardik Patel character has enough charisma to pull it off.

Just my wishful thoughts perhaps
I think it is more a test of the maturity of the voters and that of the Indian democracy itself. We are not electing between two shades of gray. The choice is between black and white. Congress is NOT going around telling them that the land will flow with milk and honey. They are openly touting religious and caste disharmony on TV talk shows. They are offering a "leader" with zero vision. They make no effort to hide the fact that their goal is to make electoral arithmetic work. On the other side is the BJP which has over 15 years of strong performance and promises of more development.

If the BJP has to struggle to win this one, it is a shame for the voters and takes away any confidence in India's democracy.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:17 pm

^ The truth is that India's (or for that matter America's) voter usually thinks of a single issue. It may be abortion rights or gun rights or tougher immigration laws for the American while it may be Patidar, Yadav, Dalit, 'Islam Khatre mein ha' issue for the Indian. The average punter thinks 'what do I get out of this' rather than what the nation does. It is a sad commentary on the electoral system in any democracy. My Jewish partner only votes on the basis of who is going to be a better friend of Israel. Everything else is secondary to him. Thus he switches between Republican and Democrat candidates based on this single fact. The rest of the manifesto is meaningless to him.

You would think that the dismal record of Congress would awaken the Hindu voter but they continue to support this cancer because of their blinkered approach to everything. And the Congress knows it can split the Hindu votes by playing on the fears and aspirations of the caste-vulnerable voter. So it continues the communal game in every election.

amits
BGR Newbie

Post by amits » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:33 pm

^ You meant “My Jewish business partner” above?

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:15 am

amits wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:33 pm
^ You meant “My Jewish business partner” above?
Yes, 'business', not domestic. Gosh, how far we have come, I have to clarify this too :))

amits
BGR Newbie

Post by amits » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:27 am

Sorry Primus ji.. Just pulling your leg..