The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
jamwal
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by jamwal » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:11 pm

While AAP & CONgress play blame games over #pollution issue, BJP regime in center starts plans to buy farm waste and in UP outright bans stubble burning.

NTPC to issue tenders for farmers to buy farm stubble
https://www.outlookindia.com/newsscroll ... le/1189883

Delhi air pollution: in big move, Yogi Adityanath orders ban on stubble burning in UP even as Kejriwal, other CMs search for solutions
Uttar Pradesh CM has already banned stubble burning in the state and has asked authorities to sprinkle water on roads.

http://www.financialexpress.com/india-n ... ns/935229/

Vrish
BGR Newbie

Post by Vrish » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:47 pm

Karthik wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:21 pm
Indics who think economy and governance will help majority are stupids, looks like you are one too. Just being well off economically doesn't guarantee survival of a civilization, also if hardships and poverty is sure way of losing civilization, you and I wouldn't be here today.
All your mumbo jumbo doesn't cover what I mentioned, so reply that's related to the context and not post parallel points.

Your reply is so silly that i cant believe that you even think most people will believe your stupidity.

You seem to be the standard useless duffer who stands in the shadow of people doing things - folks like NaMo/RSS etc for whatever their warts- and then constantly heckles them. Do nothing, build nothing, crib all the time.

If you are too stupid to not realize that economy and governance aka full stomach are what will prevent indians from converting easily and give indic organizations more time for outreach, then you are no indic but some EJ plant or a plain duffer who can't see the wood for the trees.

Hardships and poverty are exactly how the vast majority of our countrymen were converted. Penurious taxation by Mughals was their primary means of forcing people to leave their faith, backed up by military force for those who fought.

A well off economy buys those shiny toys on republic day you salivate over, pays the bills for all those people dying in Kashmir on your behalf, trains and equips our COIN forces.

In the meantime RSS/BJP are swinging elections, expanding their reach and while not perfect, at least the overt hinduphobic establishment is being recast as is the corrupt nexus.

Are you really so naive to not understand such basic things?
Last edited by Vrish on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vrish
BGR Newbie

Post by Vrish » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:57 pm

Jamwal, the pew stuff is very interesting. Thanks for posting it. Surprised to see 58% had a favorable view of the G-clan. Just shows the huge way public perception has to go. I suspect it was skewed by more rural votes. In Urban areas, I doubt they have that much support.

But good hope for 2019.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:12 pm

the peers who i know moved from middle and lower to upper and middle - all tend to have sanskritic names for kids to the point of being unpronounceable for grandmas :lol: and puts their kids in classical arts - dance or singing. becoming rich(er) does help.

otoh there is a stretch in my native town, that has a church and is full of poor converts, i am guessing from names they are first gen converts with little kids have tamil christian names.

Rudradev
BGR Newbie

Post by Rudradev » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:45 pm

Hari Seldon wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:34 pm
^ Kinda interesting thing reg the pew survey results:

1. seems NM has greater support among the Urban populace than among the rurals. I would've thought it would be the reverse given the amount of grameen focus his admin has given.
I think one would have to look at the baseline figures for Urban vs. Rural to get a clearer picture.

The difference in the Pew survey in support for Modi is 3 points: 71% (urban) vs. 68% (rural) saying "very favourable".

As a baseline, while it isn't perfect, one can consider the relative voteshare of BJP in 2009 according to this study:
https://www.jstor.org/stable/25663604?s ... b_contents

In 2009, the difference in BJP voteshare was over 7 points: 24.8% (cities) vs 17.7% (rural).

This seems to suggest that Modi sarkar's grameen focus has significantly narrowed the gap between urban and rural support, possibly to within the margin of error for the survey. Viewed as a trend it seems to be working.
2. NM seems to have more support among men than women. Again, I would've thought his ujwala and shauchalaya schemes would've endeared him to the womenfolks only.
This may be more accurate. The Pew survey has 72% of men and 66% of women citing a "very favourable" opinion of Modi (though again, if you count the "somewhat favourable" responses the difference changes to 89% of men vs 86% of women). Maybe this has to do with the fact that wimmins are generally more likely to be apolitical, non-confrontational, less likely to take any positions seen as "hardline" out of a sense of "log kya kahengey" inhibition. Still, 2/3 of wimmins saying "very favourable" seems to mean they are quite endeared.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:52 am

I was reading an answer on Quora about Muslim growth rate and there was an answer on Bihar. So I asked my friend who's from Bihar and guess what, situation is worse than it looks. She said the slum behind her house is 100% Muslim and the women there work as maids & domestic helps in Hindu homes nearby. Says the average number of children they have by the age of 25-26 is 7 to 8. Some even have 12-14 kids. All go to madrasas and have no decent education. So its hardly about BJP or Congress. Hindu India is going to fall demographically before it does politically. Having Congress means it falls 20 years earlier, that's just it.
Solution is that Loksabha can print 2 child law as money bill (and so no RS permission will be needed)
At present, congress , rss (*), aap, cpm, bsp etc all parties' all MPs oppose two child law. And congress / rss / aap / etc workers also oppose two child law. In 1991, minorities were below 10% of population. Today, they are over 15% or may be much more. This is due to more kids and Bangladeshies, and also because many Hindus now have only 1 kid !! Even in 1990s, congress / rss / cpm etc MPs and workers opposed two child law !! So now obviously, they will oppose even much more.
So activists should work to bring up a new set of political workers and MPs, whcih are supporting two child law. The first thing a concenrend citizen should ask political worker and MP candidate is " pls show me draft of two child law you support" and "why havent you submitted that draft as private member bill or govt bill till date"? Such questions will enable all voters of India to expose MPs and workers who oppose two child law. And activists should also work to enact referendum law, because enacting laws like 2 child law is easier thru referendum than thru MPs. Here too, congress / rss / aap / etc MPs and workers oppose referendum like laws.
(* --- rss = bjp , just as gangadhar = shaktimaan, and it is my personal political belief. one is free to believe otherwise that rss <> bjp)

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:58 am

Dharma and politics are mutually complementary: Yogi Adityanath writes in the Dainik Jagaran (Hindi article)

Chrome is offering insta-translation service. Quoting from the same below:
Yogi Adityanath

Religion makes us vigilant towards virtue and moral values. The life and life of society on the religion is the hinges. Religion can not be associated with worship, religion and religion. Religion is the same. If you can call it human religion or give it a broad form then it is eternal religion. The rest are not religions, doctrines, religions or sects. They do not fall into the category of religion.

The secular word has caused irreparable damage to this country. The word secularism is the biggest lie after independence.
Replace 'religion'with Dharma (coz Yogi's usage of Dharma != religion in Ingliss) and eternal with sanaatan.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:04 am

Vrish wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:47 pm
Hardships and poverty are exactly how the vast majority of our countrymen were converted. Penurious taxation by Mughals was their primary means of forcing people to leave their faith, backed up by military force for those who fought.
Hardships and poverty are reasons our countrymen converted? If so, some of the wealthiest countries are majority atheist or agnostic. Are Scandinavian countries safe even though they are prosperous, what's the percentage of 'minority' there? Even in the US the bible belt is markedly poorer than prosperous states such as NY, Ca etc. So according to your logic, being prosperous will make India less dharmic? OTOH, Afghanistan is 4th poorest country in the world, will any EJ try their stunts there? Most of the people who switched religion did so after we got our independence, were they economically well to do before and got poor post independence? Even in AP, most EJ activities happened during why-ess-aar period. Weren't there poor people before he become CM in 2004? To repeat, if poverty were reason, most of the region under Aurangzeb would have converted to escape from Jizya tax.

I know casteism is one of the major reasons, which needs societal change, but thanks to UPA type sarkar, that won't happen. But other things, govt intervention is necessary. In this regard, freeing up temples, RTE and bringing in strict anti-conversion laws is necessary. Just FCRA will not help. Ej works best through their schools, hospitals, orphanages. Things that can easily be taken up if our side had money, but that money ends up with the govt because you know why.

Again my point wasn't just limited to EJ, you keep switching tracks to EJ to suit your argument about economy. I was more talking about the other group that poses physical threat to us.

Listen to the video I posted in previous page, listen to what Rajeev Malhotra has to say on how much this govt is willing to take on such dharmic matters, listen to SuSwamy saying the govt has set aside hindutva issue and is focusing on only vikas and that he is the ONLY minister fighting the ram mandir issue.

Economy is necessary no doubt and govt is in the right direction but that's not sufficient. But for a huge country like ours, it will take decades to reach even middle-middle income country status. You can't expect common people, especially karyakartas in TN, KL and KA to take the brunt of jihadi and ej onslaught all the while till we reach some GDP figure. Enough damage would have been done by then as the rot is that deep. Economy and hindutva are mutually exclusive, one will not take care of the other on its own.

Deans
BGR Newbie

Post by Deans » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:30 am

Vrish wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:57 pm
Jamwal, the pew stuff is very interesting. Thanks for posting it. Surprised to see 58% had a favorable view of the G-clan. Just shows the huge way public perception has to go. I suspect it was skewed by more rural votes. In Urban areas, I doubt they have that much support.

But good hope for 2019.
The survey has to be interpreted correctly. The total % of likes, is higher than 100% so it has to be adjusted downwards. If one does that
Modiji/ BJP will still have a >50% vote share, which translates to a landslide electorally.
More significantly, the gap between Cong and BJP has doubled from 13% a year ago, to 26% now - the same as in 2015. So if there was any
slippage in the past year, that has been recovered.
Similarly, the gap between `economy doing good vs. economy doing bad' is constantly widening. That's contrary to the Opposition narrative
of DeMo/ GST hurting the common man.
DeMo (cash shortage) and Communal situation are the least significant issues for voters in the survey.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:08 am

Hari Seldon wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:58 am
Dharma and politics are mutually complementary: Yogi Adityanath writes in the Dainik Jagaran (Hindi article)

Chrome is offering insta-translation service. Quoting from the same below:
Yogi Adityanath

Religion makes us vigilant towards virtue and moral values. The life and life of society on the religion is the hinges. Religion can not be associated with worship, religion and religion. Religion is the same. If you can call it human religion or give it a broad form then it is eternal religion. The rest are not religions, doctrines, religions or sects. They do not fall into the category of religion.

The secular word has caused irreparable damage to this country. The word secularism is the biggest lie after independence.
Replace 'religion'with Dharma (coz Yogi's usage of Dharma != religion in Ingliss) and eternal with sanaatan.
Very nice article and as practical as a true hindu can get.

I have one objection though on connecting our culture our practice to science. It may be true many instances but it is a trap and double edged sword. Humans are designed to follow practices, set new traditions. May be this is to keep us together as a society, to identify and empathize each other, so that as a society or kabila we protect our owns. Some things are just for fun or may be meaningless but that is our identity as a hindu society. As long as it doesn't materially harm other beings we should not be apologetic to somehow justify them in scientific boundaries. Some things in our life why we do has no scientific reason and we can abandon those practices but we still do because we are humans. For example, why we wear clothes, why cant we just roam naked like how we naturally born, like how all othet life form on earth behave. There is no scientific reason for this but we choose as a society to behave like this and clothing has become part of our culture.

No need to justify science behind each and every practice, tradition we hindu have. No other religion does that. Its a trap. Dont fall for it.

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:04 pm

I was reading an answer on Quora about Muslim growth rate and there was an answer on Bihar. So I asked my friend who's from Bihar and guess what, situation is worse than it looks. She said the slum behind her house is 100% Muslim and the women there work as maids & domestic helps in Hindu homes nearby. Says the average number of children they have by the age of 25-26 is 7 to 8. Some even have 12-14 kids. All go to madrasas and have no decent education. So its hardly about BJP or Congress. Hindu India is going to fall demographically before it does politically. Having Congress means it falls 20 years earlier, that's just it.
If they have more than 1 kid then take their subsidies away. Stop giving them Gas. Stop depositing money into their account for being poor. Something drastic needs to be done! Force them to put their girl child in school. Start teaching Sex education at 6th-7th grade. There are so many things that can be done!! Purge the mosque that tells its devotees to have more kids! put the mullah in jail!

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:17 pm

by Jamwal
Delhi air pollution: in big move, Yogi Adityanath orders ban on stubble burning in UP even as Kejriwal, other CMs search for solutions
There already is a ban on stubble burning (Paddy leftover aka Parali) in Punjab and Haryana. People still do it as otherwise the next crop (Wheat) takes longer time.

Agricultural universities and Panchayats need to be informed about low till farming also till less farming

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-till_farming

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2016 ... reject-it/

Problem is poverty and wheat/paddy cycle. Farmers need to diversify and stop wasting the product of the land.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:24 pm

What exactly is stuble? If it's just a crop reside that needs to be get away, maybe they can cut all that out, throw it in a ditch, spray some fermented stuff and create a mulch or fertilizer out of it. It can be re-used later.

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:20 pm

Stubble is what is left over after paddy is harvested. The roots and little residue

Especially with new machines now. Earlier I remember., harvesting was done using sickle which was pretty close to ground and then the paddy was beaten over a tree trunk to separate the paddy from the "Parali". The parali was used to make ropes (favorite past time of old men who would sit under a tree making Parali ropes. Parali was also added to the fodder for buffalos or cows. Many other uses of Parali too like adding it with mud to make a mud house., walls to keep herd inside, etc.

Now with the modern farming., farmers do not need this left over residue and quickly want to get rid of it., so they just burn it (punishable offense) so that they can start the wheat season right away.

This vicious cycle of Paddy - Rice and Sugarcane in between has destroyed the farms (Water table going down, pollution, etc). We are producing wheat so much that we are donating it to Afghanistan.

I remember few years ago there was so much wheat/paddy in storage that Late Ponty Chadha (The liquor baron) bought all of this wheat/paddy to make alcohol at rate of Rs 1 per 100kg. Storage are bursting in Haryana and Punjab while we have children dying of hunger in Orissa/Bihar. The distribution is very bad!

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:49 pm

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:43 pm

They are using harvesters in HY, PJ which leaves a stubble. There must be scientific ways of disposing stubble as done in advanced countries. But farmers in India don't want to pay to dispose off stubble and find it easy to burn. Govt should have stepped in years back when the problem started.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:15 am

^ True, we need modern harvestors customized to desi conditions. Intead we get the wrong kind of harvestors here - soul harvestors ...

===

Mean-e-while in Telangana...

No govt homes if you hold BJP flags: TRS MLA threatens to strike off names (TNM)
“Once the flats get constructed, name your colony as KCR colony and we will provide all facilities,” the MLA said
Jai ho. IOW, govt services and public facilities are meant only for supports of the ruling party. And the Rohingya too, I guess. What could go wrong ...

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:19 am

Hari Seldon wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:15 am
^ True, we need modern harvestors customized to desi conditions. Intead we get the wrong kind of harvestors here - soul harvestors ...

===

No govt homes if you hold BJP flags: TRS MLA threatens to strike off names (TNM)
“Once the flats get constructed, name your colony as KCR colony and we will provide all facilities,” the MLA said
Jai ho. IOW, govt services and public facilities are meant only for supports of the ruling party. And the Rohingya too, I guess. What could go wrong ...
WTF

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:08 am

Hari Seldon wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:15 am

===

By the way he and his family is sucking upto minorities, it will soon become a hotbed of extremism with all BIF forces finding refuge there. All south Indian states are vulnerable now.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:23 am

Something tells me that India will survive this demographic war just as she has survived for centuries before this. If it is any consolation, this isn't India's war alone. ....
Many people believe that Hindus "survived" ismalist onslaught, and that too on their own strength and not from help from west
Well, Hindus did loose afghanistan (gandhar), pakistan, bangladesh etc. And advance of islamists slowed. But it slowed only after some western help started coming !!! eg Raja Hemchandra (wrongly called as Hemu by p-seculars) got cannons from Portugese and also help from Shia. eg2 Shivaji too had to take help from Shia , eg3 Peshva got assorted help from French (French cannons and all that).
And after freedom, we have partially "lost" parts of parts of Asam, parts of NE, parts of West Bengal etc to Bangladeshis and JK too is unstable.
By 1800, both Hindus and Muslims has become much much weaker compared to West. And strength ratios of India / West and Islamic/west are falling day by day by day. The trendline is --- both Islamics and Hindus will loose heavily against West, and West can play Hindus against Islamics and Islamics against Hindus.
Today, Hindus are loosing people to Missionaries and losing sectors of economy to Western elitemen under the garb of "First Develop India (aka FDI)". Today , both islamic and Hindus are now under domination of Missionaries and their masters (namely USUK-elitemen).
And its not just demographic growth. But more and more Bangladeshies are coming. And large number of dalits / trials and even OBCs are going to Missionaries. Hindu seers like Sant Sri Asaram Bapu and Sant Ram Rahim Gurmeetjee , Sant Rampal etc are falling and so on. So trendline is --- Hindus are loosing and loosing and loosing

kvjayan
BGR Newbie

Post by kvjayan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:36 pm

Chachaji and his dubious secularism revealed:

"Nehru's legacy – The Somnath Temple treachery"

http://www.opindia.com/2017/11/nehrus-l ... treachery/

kvjayan
BGR Newbie

Post by kvjayan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:57 pm

From south west India, state with high literacy rate, human development indicators etc. etc.

"Comrades mistook Tom Moody for Moody's, shower criticism on cricketer's FB page"

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spo ... paign=show

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:48 pm

MehtaRahulC wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:23 am
Well, Hindus did loose afghanistan (gandhar), pakistan, bangladesh etc. And advance of islamists slowed. But it slowed only after some western help started coming !!! eg Raja Hemchandra (wrongly called as Hemu by p-seculars) got cannons from Portugese and also help from Shia. eg2 Shivaji too had to take help from Shia , eg3 Peshva got assorted help from French (French cannons and all that).
And after freedom, we have partially "lost" parts of parts of Asam, parts of NE, parts of West Bengal etc to Bangladeshis and JK too is unstable.
Today, Hindus are loosing people to Missionaries and losing sectors of economy to Western elitemen under the garb of "First Develop India (aka FDI)". Today , both islamic and Hindus are now under domination of Missionaries and their masters (namely USUK-elitemen).
And its not just demographic growth. But more and more Bangladeshies are coming. And large number of dalits / trials and even OBCs are going to Missionaries. Hindu seers like Sant Sri Asaram Bapu and Sant Ram Rahim Gurmeetjee , Sant Rampal etc are falling and so on. So trendline is --- Hindus are loosing and loosing and loosing
That is why I said good that it isn't just India's war. At some point, the wider population of the world will come together against this menace. Until then, the best defense for India is to shut the borders tightly to prevent anymore illegal immigration and try to modernize the women so they do not become baby producing machines.

There are many truly spiritual Hindu Gurus that are fairly successful in spreading the Dharma. A few may fail due to their own shortcomings, but many are still successful.

tantrik
BGR Newbie

Post by tantrik » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:03 pm

MehtaRahulC wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:23 am
Something tells me that India will survive this demographic war just as she has survived for centuries before this. If it is any consolation, this isn't India's war alone. ....
Many people believe that Hindus "survived" ismalist onslaught, and that too on their own strength and not from help from west
By 1800, both Hindus and Muslims has become much much weaker compared to West. And strength ratios of India / West and Islamic/west are falling day by day by day. The trendline is --- both Islamics and Hindus will loose heavily against West, and West can play Hindus against Islamics and Islamics against Hindus.
Mehta ji, please share the DRAFT of the LEGISLATION that you have written to tackle this. PERMANENTLY.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:20 pm

kvjayan wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:36 pm
Chachaji and his dubious secularism revealed:

"Nehru's legacy – The Somnath Temple treachery"

http://www.opindia.com/2017/11/nehrus-l ... treachery/
Nothing surprising. He was a closet muslim himself in every way but for offering namaz.