The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by Hari Seldon » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:20 pm

Great set of ideas here. recommended read, this swarajya article published today.

Severing The State From The Temple (Swarajya)

madhub
BGR Newbie

Post by madhub » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:32 pm

Bihar CM Nitish Kumar Calls for Reservation in Private Sector, Lalu Supports But BJP in a Fix

how much reservation is there currently in each party? are they reserving 49% to SC/ST/OBC/Minorities etc? why make everyone depend on reservation even after 70yrs?

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:13 pm

There's a video on twitter where Gujarat textile merchants were protesting against GST and congress leaders come to visit them. And then everybody starts shouting Modi, Modi. The congress leaders left immediately :)

More improprieties by SoniaG. She intervened in some investigation into Tehelka and Tarun Tejpal. UPA really thought they were invincible and were going to stay in power for ever. They were plain dumb. I think every body made a fool of the uneducated idiot that SoniaG is for their selfish ends.

https://twitter.com/TimesNow/status/927561230235193344

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:18 pm

A lot more activity getting reported on DeMo benami accounts. I think things will be timed for 2019 elections to show how much money was recovered.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:19 pm

A lot more activity getting reported on DeMo benami accounts. I think things will be timed for 2019 elections to show how much money was recovered.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:02 am

Heh.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:17 am

translation

- 'experiment with truth', nothing to say. (sathya sodhanai, this phrase comes from goundamani's remark in movie suriyan. it's hard to explain context..it's one of the evergreen comic moment)

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:41 am

hanumadu wrote:A lot more activity getting reported on DeMo benami accounts. I think things will be timed for 2019 elections to show how much money was recovered.
+1. Many PSU banks are asked to upgrade their softwares, and the new versions have much more stringent checks on the activities which are being done, and also how the user data is configured. The software (from a major vendor) works in such a way that if it finds that the user data has an issue, or some fishy transactions seems to happen; it just locks the account. Even a minor discrepancy on the KYC data, the account gets locked up for good. The bank head honchos are then pleading that these accounts were opened some 20-30 years back, they don't know the history; but please allow the account to remain operational :lol:.

As you said, I too am expecting a lots of fire work to start happening from mid 2018. People who now complain that RBI and GoI are not "revealing the truth on DeMo & GST", would then with folded hands request NaMo to stop the info from being out in the open :lol:.

Sridhar k
BGR Newbie

Post by Sridhar k » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:40 pm

https://t.co/Ag1yhu83Xk?amp=1

Modinomics: More About Cautious Optimism Than Impulsive Pessimism
By Sriram Balasubramanian in Swarajya

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:59 pm

Some tweets showed PFI in spewing venom on Brahmins and there's a trend to ban PFI. How come PFI was allowed to organize this ballsy gathering in Delhi?

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:59 am

We have to allow them to organise. Jihadis doing march at Janthar mathar only helps to expose their supporters. Just them shout bharat ke tukade type shouting.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:47 am

Game slowly moving into higher gear. This could well be a pilot test for the deluge to come. Or so I hope.

Income Tax department cracks whip on benami assets, seizes 541 properties (ET)
NEW DELHI: India's tax authorities have begun cracking down on benami assets and those who deposited large amounts of cash in the aftermath of demonetisation but haven't yet filed returns as it intensifies the war against black money.

The income tax department has already seized 541 properties and frozen bank accounts holding funds of about Rs 1,800 crore, said a top department official, adding that more action is expected soon.
But why for is thisin the politics dhaga, you say? Well, hopefully the below is true...
"Big focus would be on benami properties and action on persons who have not filed returns even after their cash deposits during demonetisation were detected," the official said.

Some of these are assets belonging to high-profile politicians and their relatives, the official said. The department could soon start auctioning some of these seized assets after due legal process.
After that noose about the corporate asset fire-sale by crony promoters and their shehzadas, the netas and their pappus should follow soon enough, too. Or so I hope. Hallelejuah.

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:59 am

One of my ex-employee (now he runs his own shop / business) is Dalit. He is devout Hindu (though athiest), and also a committed GoRakshak.
And he said that "many of his relatives are now openly saying - we are NOT hindus" !! And they all support Jignesh Mevani. They still say "Jai Bhim", but the new tale that circulates is "Bhim was most deserving, but he was sidelined by Krishna and Pandavas because he married a Dalit woman !!" Another take common is that "Ram tried to kill Buddha 10s of times, but Ram had failed" !! And busload of anti-Hindu (read anti-upper-caste) venom is being injected in their veins.
And this is Ahmedabad. Multiply this by 10 to get picture of Dang area of Gujarat or Chhatisgadh etc.
The reason is simple -- RSS-workers (RSS = BJP) are giving them raw deal. eg1 There is Dalit called called Ramapeer Na Tekra in Vadaj area in Ahmedabad, The houses there get water for less than 10 minutes a day !! And this problem has been there since ages and ages and ages. eg2 Here is one more --- Most poor Dalits (and most poors) dont have money to go to private schools. And municipal schools are foobared. And their 16 year old kids dont know how to write in Gujarati (or any language) !!
And thats just 2 examples. I can give countless more.
So these people run to Missionaries who give them assorted help. Missionaries are running coaching classes for Xth, aldo give basic language classes for free or low price, help them getting aadhar and ration cards linked etc etc. RSS-workers dont want to do all this braindead stuff. And RSS-workers also dont want to improve Govt so that Municipal schools improve,, water supply improves etc etc., aadhar ration link becomes easy when spelling mismatch is there etc etc. Congress workers in Dalit areas are now absorbed by Missionaries. So these poor and dalits start attending Missionares' meetings and Missionaries inject venom. (Jignesh Mevani is heavily aided by Missionaries)
And one more development is interesting. There is Vejalpur area which is 100% Hindu. And right next is Juhapura area which is 100% minority. And over 50% of illegal hawkers and lorrywaalaa inside Vejalpur, near Juhapura i.e. within 500 meter belt from Juhapura and Vejalpur are minority !! How come? The minority hawkers harass majority hawkers and force them to flee. So here is 100% Hindu area, where over 100% voters vote for RSS = BJP, and Municipality, State Govt and Central Govt all belong to RSS. And yet illegal minority hawkers manage to harass illegal majority hawkers and force them to flee and occupy their space. Reason? Minority hawkers give MORE hafta to municipality and policemen !!! So municipal officers and policemen side with them. And you can guess with whom "leaders" will side.
So my point is --- RSS-workers and RSS-leaders (RSS = RSS + BJP) are too corrupt and too incompetent to deal with even street islamists in Ahmedabad. And Missionaries are 10 times more powerful than islamists. So dont waste time after them.
Last edited by MehtaRahulC on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:00 am

^ Above,what're the odds a 'top I-T official' is talking to the media w/o approval from upstairs, hain ji?

Anyway, ET also conducted a poll to gauge janta ka mood reg DeMo a year on. Here're the results, and C-system, well-tried even if you failed miserably.

Modi magic holds, people still back demonetisation: ET online survey

Heck, I bet in an offline survey of real people from the non-internet classes, the support level would well be higher still. Only.

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:46 am

Chandragupta wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:57 am
Between my family, we have registered for GST in 4 states, not one penny paid. Please keep the criticism real, Abhishek saar.

On the other hand, I do agree that Modi has gone back on his promise of Less Government, More Governance. He has effectively unleashed the bureaucracy on us and has handed them immense power.
That means you are lucky.

The person in question is a long time Congress voter...

KarthikSan
BGR Newbie

Post by KarthikSan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:10 am

AbhishekC wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:46 am
That means you are lucky.

The person in question is a long time Congress voter...
In that case, he/she is lying. We have registered 3 companies in my family and I have talked to dozens of family, friends and business associates. Everybody complained about the implementation issues, confusion over rates etc. but no one ever talked about bribing to get GSTN. I call BS!!!

Rvishwakarm
BGR Newbie

Post by Rvishwakarm » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:12 am

That means bussiness being run by 10-12 people I know are also lucky?? They never paid any bribe to get registered for GST.

Other positive change I noticed, there was this momo-waala in my area operating outside shops with just a table and two utensils to keep the dish warm/re-heating?

He started around last year Nov. i.e. during Demon and now has taken a shop on rent with 6-8 people working at his place and 4-5 table setup, tied up with swiggy for online orders and have a GST number. It was all his hard work and quality of his offering due to which his business grew. Checked with him on issues with GST, he said none.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:01 pm

^^ Wow. Heartening to hear this. Anecdotal evidence is hard to generalize but does sometimes act like canary in the coal mine.

Previously, a big reason to evade taxes was that competitors aren't paying, how can moi business survive only. But with GST, everyone's pretty much forced to pay taxes to avail input credits, hence a big excuse is gone.

Also, its psychologically OK to be paying taxes knowing that all else in a comparable bracket are too.

And if honest taxpaying can be rewarded with tax credits and good credit scores and hence loan-eligibility from formal channels, so much the better. Only.

Hopefully Modi and co are 'watching the watchmen' (I-T baboo(n)s) with an eagle eye. Precedents, procedures, commissions etc get decided in the early days and tend to stay on with inertia.

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:09 pm

I got IT refund last week. 70K without any problem. Second time. Jai hind.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:17 pm

Twitter now officially allows upto 280 characters. And folks have gotten creative already. Below, based on a GoT theme, I simply loved onlee....

P.S. Heh.

Like the Northern cheftains did in GoT, I too bend my knee to the king in the North .... :)

Yogi ji, aagey baDo, hum aapke saath hain!

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:49 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:30 pm

Hari Seldon wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:00 am
^ Above,what're the odds a 'top I-T official' is talking to the media w/o approval from upstairs, hain ji?

Anyway, ET also conducted a poll to gauge janta ka mood reg DeMo a year on. Here're the results, and C-system, well-tried even if you failed miserably.

Modi magic holds, people still back demonetisation: ET online survey

Heck, I bet in an offline survey of real people from the non-internet classes, the support level would well be higher still. Only.
I agree. But I would like to add one caveat. Did hard supporters of him like me have not faced the brunt of the effects of demo. And Congoons and opposition and assorted haters of BJP and ModiJi have latched on to this to claims demo was an unmitigated disaster. Now, ModiJI doesn't need my advice, he is a master tactician, but I wish he were to come out and tell people that my brothers and sisters, I know a lot of have you faced hardships, but believe me, I did this to fight corruption, fight black money, and I I thanks you with folded hands that you undertook Artik Satyagraha to make this a success. This will surely blunt Cogoon attacks against him. At the end of the day, IMO, the core reason for people supporting him is the trust they have in his intentions and motive. As Gita says, intent in the mind determines the Karma that accumulates from all actions. And he must not lose that support by the specious attacks on him by the traitors.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:32 pm

crams wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:30 pm
IMO, the core reason for people supporting him is the trust they have in his intentions and motive. As Gita says, intent in the mind determines the Karma that accumulates from all actions. And he must not lose that support by the specious attacks on him by the traitors.
Well, the thing is people already trust him, his intentions and motives. For those who need further reassurance, he seems to have "Mann Ki Baat" and his Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn feeds.

I used to think Modi needed to do US-style Presidential addresses on TV once in a while. But then I realize that he is never going to do those and most Indians are not clamoring for that either.

Having seen how many of my educated colleagues, classmates, etc. hate him despite these many reasons to trust him, I just don't see the value such TV addresses are going to add.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:22 am

With the C System doing everything to help Kelriwal, more confirmation that he was nothing but a lat minute plot to stop Modi from getting a majority. AAP will now deliberately make political suicide so as not to split the anti BJP votes

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:24 pm

^

The 2019 election will be the most historic in the last 70 years for the simple reason that it is a question of survival for the Dienasty and all its hangers-on, the entire Lootyen crowd, the loony-left and finally those whose body is in India but heart in Pakistan. They all know, if BJP gets another five years in office they are all finished. OTOH, we know if they get into power, we are finished. It truly will be a battle for India's soul.