The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
sanjayC
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by sanjayC » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:20 am

^^ Also, Hindus have an inability to see reality as it exists, and are usually blind to the obvious

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:25 am

Raju wrote:What is this mysterious 'status quo' you keep talking about ??
It is quite simple actually. Status quo means continue the life as is, and in my example continue the "comfortable life style as-is". There are numerous folks out there who have made money illegally, have gained good social stature but now do not wish to see that go away.
If people want to be corrupt they will be, non amount of aadhar or niradhar is going to prevent the die-hard corrupts.
Fantastic logic. In that case let us remove every single law out there. I mean every one would corrupt and cheat people. Sec 420 IPC goes straight out of the window. Even with all strict laws rapes unfortunately do happen. What is the point in having Sec 375 any ways?? No fun in driving without having a peg or two. Which idiot came up with Sec. 185 MV Act? Throw it out. People any way do not like to pay taxes. Why have irritating stuff like PAN card etc.?
Let tomorrow say Mr. S has a quarrel with his wife, and this Mr. S is straightforward brf/bgr types, then a 498a can see him derived of ph calls and bank a/c's frozen within one day.
Mr.S can even today be falsely charged on 498A. And the police can come and make the arrest on a Friday evening, so that Mr.S cannot try to get bail from the courts. And then the negotiations start. And this is how life was in India, even before Aadhaar came in. When sitting in a police lock up, how can any one make phone calls or even operate their bank accounts? (with or without Aadhaar). The police if they want to freeze any one's bank accounts have a clear cut mechanism to get it done. With or without Aadhaar the process remains the same. If the police could block accounts violating that process without Aadhaar, they can do it with Aadhaar as well. That is the only difference. Or are you recommending that Mr.S should have a secret phone number and a couple of secret bank accounts (so that he can get away from the 498A case)? And if Aadhaar gets linked to them, they would all get exposed?? For exposing secret bank accounts or phone numbers the police in India really do not need an Aadhaar card. They have other ways and means to get that ;).
What if tomorrow this same pet scheme is misused left, right and centre by a different party at centre at their political opponents, you won't then be as gung-ho about this as you are now, will you !
What if scenarios are an endless game. And I can only suggest you read my second paragraph in this post. What is some body still continues to murder people? cheat people?
My own pet theory is that every Indian is an island, an island of their own religion, of their own caste, of their own family and of people who think exactly like they do. Everyone else is wrong, only island is right.
To this sir, I perfectly agree. But because of this same mentality, we as a nation generally do not progress much. Argumentative Indians at their best.

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:49 pm

Popular Front of India is holding a rally in Delhi next week. What gives ?

Klnmurthy
BGR Newbie

Post by Klnmurthy » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:22 pm

sanjayC wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:20 am
^^ Also, Hindus have an inability to see reality as it exists, and are usually blind to the obvious
All Hindus except one SanjayC. Fixed it for you.

sanjayC
BGR Member

Post by sanjayC » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:19 pm

Thanks. Though Aurobindo Ghosh said the same about Hindus unable to think for themselves

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:28 am

jamwal wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:49 pm
Popular Front of India is holding a rally in Delhi next week. What gives ?
Good thing. We know who are their overground supporters are other than the normal supporters from the Reds etc. In KL state peaceful fellows are a major vote bank of INC. It can not stay quite on this rally.I think INC will expose itself now by supporting this rally. Maybe it will do it indirectly. But I think they will be exposed.

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:30 am

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:32 am

Heh.

arshyam
BGR Member

Post by arshyam » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:39 am

^^ Wrong thread, saar? :)

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:43 am

As expected, the rats have barked

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 374676.cms

I am pretty sure GoI gamed this before announcing this envoy and knew that TSP through their rats would be up to this kind of hanky panky. Wonder what India's response will be?

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:30 am

You beat me to this sir. It is all idiotic for Horiyaati fellows. Money not coming. Munnas getting killed left right and center. Now GoI is going to talk. :rotfl: :rotfl:

gunjur
BGR Newbie

Post by gunjur » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:41 am

Hopefully not yet discussed over here.

-------------------------------

Mostly everyone would have noticed the pidi tweet from rahul gandhi and response from Himanta sarma. Everyone knows that in congress the hierarchy of parivar and status of other party men. But then i felt, what is Himanta doing in bjp?? Post 2014 cong drubbing in assam, he thought he would be made CM. But once it became clear, gogoi will continue, he came out of congress. By the time he came into bjp, Sarabananda was already declared CM candidate (if am not wrong). So there was no chance of becoming CM. So why did he jump ship. He could have continued being a minister in congress govt as well. What was the deal he made, while coming into bjp?? What did bjp "give" him??

Or was it just that being a astute politician, he saw the situation on ground and simply jumped from a sinking ship in assam. He is doing a very good job of cong mukt NE bharat for sure. But what is it for him?? I thought he will be moved to center during recent september cabinet expansion. Even that didn't happen. Keeping an aspirational politician like him in assam, sarabananda might start getting nervous. Any NE watchers, please tell how is the dynamics within the assam govt?? Is himanta getting more confident with each win for bjp in NE. Or is it a ploy by modi to keep sarba on his toes??

Once himanta does produce a cong mukt NE Bharat, how exactly will bjp "reward" him?? Or is it simply that the selfless deshbhakt character overshadowed the "politician" in him when he decided to join bjp and do a cong mukt NE bharat.

svenkat
BGR Newbie

Post by svenkat » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:19 pm

Karthik san ji,
What do you mean by 100 Big K?What is big K? Are you saying that local chieftains have 30000 crores? The grape vine was even stalin made only 4-5 k crores in Kalaignars last term when he was Deputy CM?

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:27 pm

Grapevine says He is interested in being CM not minister in delhi.
Maybe get a chance later if current cm moves to dilli

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:41 pm

In BJP you have to move up. If he sticks around he will get a bigger role whatever that is. In Congress you cannot rise beyond the feudal families unless you want to be Moan moan.

Shyamal
BGR Newbie

Post by Shyamal » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:18 pm

Anything fresh on GJ and HP?

sanjayC
BGR Member

Post by sanjayC » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:54 pm

Why Aadhar linking is sorely needed for everything:
Punjab government finds out it is still giving pensions to 65,743 dead people

In what could turn out to be a multi-crore pension scam, it has come to light that at least 65,743 dead people are getting social security pensions from the Punjab government that is already facing a shortage of funds to provide extended relief to farmers.

To make things worse, the pension scam is apparently going on for more than a decade.

In a re-verification move, the Punjab government has found out that as many as 2,45,935 social security pension holders are fake
http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busine ... 24307.html

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:00 pm

That MegaSuSu award is beginning to work.

Carnatic musician TM Krishna attacks Prime Minister Modi over Gujarat riots

http://www.newindianexpress.com/states/ ... 88670.html

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:29 pm

Mean while India Today have done a sting operation on Sathyasarani and PFI in Kerala. The sting looks very timely, considering the recent court cases. Operation Conversion Mafia: Kerala's conversion factories unmasked

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:39 pm

by JohnTitor
The other funny thing I find in India is having people link their SIM cards to Id and address proof. None of the developed countries require either of these for a sim.
SIM system is not that prevalent in USA., my phone provider automatically takes out the money from my bank account monthly., I do not get any bills in mail (only email). That is how it should be around the world. Problem in India is that people don't pay bills to their provider (happened with Reliance) and are hard to trace/ collect bills.
In USA if you lose your job and cannot pay your bills you have option to declare bankruptcy and start over due to the three credit companies keeping records of your credit. People in India are not transparent with transactions.

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP27rVm9xVI The Swamiji was creating Rashtriya Hindu Sena with 10,000 people per each district in AP and TS states.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:43 pm

PIL In Supreme Court Seeks Minority Status For Hindus In These 8 States
This petition may not yield much at the court, but looks like the BJP has opened up another battle front. Hon.SC has been setting up "Constitution benches" for very many reasons (Aadhaar being latest), and so it is good to keep the honourable judges busy. That set aside, this petition is going to make every person think about the the meaning of minority & majority. This also looks like a very good issue for BJP to focus on in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.

SRoy
BGR Newbie

Post by SRoy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:58 pm

sbajwa wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:39 pm
by JohnTitor
The other funny thing I find in India is having people link their SIM cards to Id and address proof. None of the developed countries require either of these for a sim.
SIM system is not that prevalent in USA., my phone provider automatically takes out the money from my bank account monthly., I do not get any bills in mail (only email). That is how it should be around the world. Problem in India is that people don't pay bills to their provider (happened with Reliance) and are hard to trace/ collect bills.
In USA if you lose your job and cannot pay your bills you have option to declare bankruptcy and start over due to the three credit companies keeping records of your credit. People in India are not transparent with transactions.
Bajwaji,

87%+ GSM and 80%+ CDMA subscribers in India are prepaid.
Few years ago when I was in Telecom world (managing product development for billing and charging applications to be specific) this figure used to be 93% - 90% plus pre-paid.

So, there is no question of people not paying bills, because they don't have to.
People CANNOT pay bills, because that implies a minimum commitment which the masses cannot pay anyway, so they choose pre-paid in the first place.

I must also add that it is not the masses/people, but the telecom providers themselves that lack transparency. They will attach services to your subscription in a sly manner. Go to any Customer Care center for any private telecom operator, there will be people (mainly aged) with complains of unauthorized services consuming up their pre-paid credits. For post-paid users like us, these types of mischief remain undetected many a times.
Therefore, no sane person India will ever authorize electronic clearing from their personal accounts for their subscription if the telecom provider is a private one.

I'm afraid your post takes the tone of "Sarkar knows what's right and is doing right and masses are idiots".

Singha
Forum Moderator

Post by Singha » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:15 pm

telecom providers in india are notorious for doing this. even getting them to stop billing me for cancelled landline was hard work. after repeated cases were ignored and closed , i had to convince the korrupt munna at other end to finally close my a/c by claiming I was relocating to australia for good.
if you say you are relocating within the city or india they will keep pestering you to transfer it there. they are everywhere.

there is no way in hell i will authorize automatic debit for anything other than my planned SIP buys in mutual funds.

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:16 pm

by Sroy
I'm afraid your post takes the tone of "Sarkar knows what's right and is doing right and masses are idiots". Post was in bad taste. Don't how long it is you left India.
Sorry if it comes like that. I have seen in India where people (even when they have enough money) do not pay for their services already used., there is no system to judge people before providing the services so that vendor is assured of getting their money back. India needs something like Credit System independent companies that rate the people based on their past behavior. For example if you keep paying bills on time for 10+ years even if you are paying just little bit above minimum (and have lots of debt) your credit becomes excellent.

https://www.creditsesame.com/blog/credi ... n-equifax/

I left India in 1986 so 31 years ago., but I have OCI (overseas citizenship of India) and visit India every year.