The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Sridhar k
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by Sridhar k » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:43 am

Has the soliciter generals resignation due to the cracker ban?

Since so many companies including ioc and Fadnavis asking for pollution less Diwali, was it a BJP self goal.

There seems to be some trojans in Govt ensuring such things especially in TN. e.g. not including Tamizh in ekbharatshresthabharat despite efforts from TN BJP, unncessarily including hindi and removing english on road signs within TN, more hindi programs replacing tamizh programs in air and fm etc. and blame it on Modi

There is narrative even among bjp supporters in TN that BJP does not care about TN anymore.

sanjayC
BGR Member

Post by sanjayC » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:06 pm

Delhi people gave a pleasant surprise by their persistence with crackers as a way to snub SC. In my colony, it was a blast - I don't know from where they arranged crackers. I got crackers too and whole family burst them. Same with neighbours. Everybody was ridiculing SC for the cracker ban. Went to Sadar Bazaar on Diwali day - even people selling wares on foothpath were saying "SC did not do the right thing - crackers are a tradition going back hundreds of years."

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:17 pm

A lot of people just drove 10 km outside NCR to buy fireworks. All the usual suspects were bursting them . But the volume used was indeed much less.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:17 pm

Sachin wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:01 am
Mean while...
Modi wave: the tide is turning
The joker who wrote this tripe went so over the top, even rrNDTV looks neutral in comparison.

But, even broken clocks can be right upto twice a day, like they say. And this part, minus the exaggerations, does point to something of concern for LS 2019.
Sensing the mood, the prime minister is today aggressively trying to defend his government. But he has a tough sell, as the national mood moves from blind acceptance to active scepticism, if not plain derision.
Count moi among the not-so-active sceptics. Those driven to 'plain derision' were always INC voters anyway, IMHO. Or maybe were black moneyed, GST-hit 'mercantilists', perhaps.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:19 pm

jamwal wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:17 pm
A lot of people just drove 10 km outside NCR to buy fireworks. All the usual suspects were bursting them . But the volume used was indeed much less.
Expect BIFs to tom-tom contrived 'air-quality reports in the next few days and weeks to claim whatever suits their narrative of the hour - either air qual improved due to the ban or worsened due to the flouting of the ban.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:58 pm

Hari Seldon wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:17 pm
Sachin wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:01 am
Mean while...
Modi wave: the tide is turning
The joker who wrote this tripe went so over the top, even rrNDTV looks neutral in comparison.
Indeed, but even Undy goes over the top by airing every 2 bit howling opinion of a Congoon. The other day, there was this Pappu slave, I think his name was Dilip of Rajiv Desai. Man, the guy was ranting and ranting away against ModiJi and how Pappu will turn the tables. And he went to the extent of even manufacturing 'facts'. For e.g., he claimed that for all his bluster, ModiJI got a "blood nose" in Doklam. And these kinds of brazen claims go unchallenged by the hosts at Undy who themselves are Pappu slaves. But it tells the mindset of Congoons. Bloody traitors. A country X, be it China or TSP attacks, and instead of pointing the finger where it belongs, these traitors in fact look to attack ModiJi for that.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:10 pm

crams wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:58 pm
The other day, there was this Pappu slave, I think his name was Dilip of Rajiv Desai. Man, the guy was ranting and ranting away against ModiJi and how Pappu will turn the tables. And he went to the extent of even manufacturing 'facts'. For e.g., he claimed that for all his bluster, ModiJI got a "blood nose" in Doklam.

Is it THIS Rajiv Desai? It is a surprise if he dealt with 'facts' even if they were manufactured. On Times Now debates, his only role is to use words such as "BS" and "Baloney" to describe others' fact-based points. He never makes a point himself.

It's like that Joe Pesci scene in "My Cousin Vinnie" where his opening argument in court is "Everything the other guy told you is B.S.".

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:17 pm

By now, all of us must realize what makes Narendra Modi both hated and feared by his rivals and their cronies. He has a predictable playbook of unpredictability.

Ever since May 2014, both his supporters and rivals were hoping that he would soon speak about RJB along expected lines. He never did. 3 years into his reign, with one subtle act through Yogi Adityanath, NaMo has the whole world talking about Ayodhya.

Many people shared those beautiful pictures of Ayodhya on SM, and even the typical apolitical crowd were all praise. I even had an American friend ask me about the pictures and the significance of that place. Now, Ayodhya is in the eyes of more than just RW Hindus.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:47 pm

S.Swamy was in the US doing the talk circuit and I attended one of them. I asked him a question on RJB which was read out on stage and he said a lot of background work was completed outside of public view, and the final unveiling will be done mid 2018.

I tend to believe him. I wouldn't be surprised if Modi was part of the thing but with deniability. Something will be on offer before 2019 elections. Hopefully construction would have begun.

Karthik
BGR Member

Post by Karthik » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:00 am

KJo wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:47 pm
S.Swamy was in the US doing the talk circuit and I attended one of them. I asked him a question on RJB which was read out on stage and he said a lot of background work was completed outside of public view, and the final unveiling will be done mid 2018.

I tend to believe him. I wouldn't be surprised if Modi was part of the thing but with deniability. Something will be on offer before 2019 elections. Hopefully construction would have begun.
He has been saying same thing since 2014 that RT would be built by year end etc. BTW, can you provide the link to the video. Usually such videos are upload in YT.

Hari Seldon
BGR Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:31 am

Heh.

P.S. Flying economy is a good start and not just because it slows Air India's revenue leakage a tad.

Unless our netas, babus, judges and assorted 'elitemen' live and travel the way the average middle class family does, the latter's lot in terms of infra, policy, taxpayer spend etc may simply not improve only.

vimal
BGR Newbie

Post by vimal » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:16 am

KJo wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:47 pm

Given his history since the time of RJB movement, I'm extremely skeptical of SuSwamy or his utterances. Mid 2018 is hardly a few months away, not sure how the ground situation will change so quickly unless Modi will take another Rath yatra like LKA.

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:45 am

The RJB judgement itself is huge in size. There is also a huge amount of evidence. SC has to examine both facts and legal position as this is the first appeal. It takes time to hear and decide the case. I am not sure our Judges have such time. I know for a fact that many attempts were made to get the case listed for hearing and SC has not entertained them so far. So let us wait and see.

In any event, I have no hopes of a good judgement.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:12 am

Guys RJB is only going to be built when the C system and Left ecosystem collapses, our enemies want a 1992 riot, right now thee economy everything is till delicate. If you allow 10 years to build yourself, economically and military and C-system is weakened enough after 3 contentious election defeats then RJB will happen. Otherwise the Sikular system troublemakers are going to make Muslims riot, a couple of election defeats and everyone will realize which side the admin is on and also without money power the C-system will not be able to create riots. Without doing the background work and expecting everything to be done today is stupid.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:31 am

Aditya_V wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:48 am
It also means people had money in their pocket contrary to propaganda.
Not sure if spending once in a year during the most imp festival can be a benchmark. Even poor save money to spend during Diwali.

Met couple of pensioners. One said medicines that used to cost 2k two years back same now cost 5k. Other one said pension was enough to meet ends some months back now it is not. They also added that they are not going to vote Modi next time. Now, bear in mind I know them and they are life long hard core BJP voters. It just that their day-to-day living is taking precedence over ideology. These people are not vocal. They are BJP's core constituency who every election after election quietly step out and stamp on BJP sign irrespective of who they field.

Now, may be they just need someone to tell them it is not Modi's fault. And had this been 2014 I would have been Modi's salesman and would have done everything I could to convince them. This time however I am leaving Modi on his own.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:42 am

Boss medicines are an excuse, either the medicine has changed or dosage but the same medicine has not risen from 2000 to 5000. With age many thier medication has increased, BJP cant be blamed for that. In fact many bad practices of Pharma companies have been curbed. Old people are more worried about their returns on FD coming down but many people like me have benefited with a 4% cut in home loan interest rates compared to UPA times.

Also there is some angst for drop in property prices which was unrealistic.

Nobody has any control of what will happen in 2019, but there is no economic reason other than those who were tax dodgers, or who had Bank money routinely written off to vote against BJP. In fact as middle class it was impossible to gas cylinder in UPA times and had to buy supergas paying 1200 for 12 kg as Gas cylinders were diverted to Hotels. Now I get 14Kg cyclinder in 7 days.

Similarly home loans and automotive loans have dropped by 4-5%.

Inflation has also become stable.

Anther phenomenon I have noted especially in Delhi NCR, many people who were INC voters for generations and voted for AAP in Delhi seem to claiming to be BJP voters for Aeons.

Except for many uber rich(who were privately always INC supporters) or ideological reasons Leftist, ROL, ROP nobody has really deserting BJP.

Lets see how 2019 plays out, these groups plus the Chinese and Pakis, Hurriyats + Maoists + NE insurgents are all waiting for an INC + left victory.

KarthikSan
BGR Newbie

Post by KarthikSan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:34 am

#MersalvsModi was trending yesterday. IMO this was a non issue but for the clowns in TN BJP. Why give free publicity to the evanjehadi when ignoring it would have made the movie sink like a concrete block. Now the stupid movie is going to be a blockbuster. Hope MAD reins in the jokers in TN BJP before whatever miniscule chances they have are completely destroyed.

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:03 am

I do not think it is a non-issue. It is part of EJ attack on BJP with an attempt to keep BJP out of TN and no one in TN join NDA.

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:20 pm

Having lived in TN over a year I can say TN is more religious than Gulte lands at least. Perhaps the most religious than other states. Next may be UP. Paradoxically there is some serious brainwashing of people going on for decades. Now the new plan of BIF is Dalit/Dravidian-Periyari/Maoiest/EJ-peaceful/Ambedikarite-Pule gang idea. This gang is presenting one identity. Remember Rohit Vemula drama - It is the same entity to which he was belonging. Same is with Kancha Ellaya Sheppard and his dramas. The BIF now created this gang of people who cannot be criticised without being called anti-Dalit etc etc. But Indics are fighting back at AP and TS on Ellayya. Jagan has realised that his open EJ scum family is going to result in his defeat in 2019 and started visiting temples. Indics in AP and TS seems to have slowly coming to their senses. A major problem is south is CBN/DMK which are trying to pamper EJs. ADMK I do not know. INC is totally with BIF.

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:27 pm

https://www.oneindia.com/india/i-can-t- ... 66798.html

and

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/gujar ... 62357.html

Now congress is more open on the caste agitations it had organised.

KarthikSan
BGR Newbie

Post by KarthikSan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:28 pm

Yagnasri wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:03 am
I do not think it is a non-issue. It is part of EJ attack on BJP with an attempt to keep BJP out of TN and no one in TN join NDA.
Saar, even so it should have been handled better by putting out the facts and by explaining how the movie is wrong. Instead jokers like H. Raja and Tamilisai chose to highlight Vijay's religion and asked for removal of the scenes. This has only gone to build support for the EJs. Sometimes it leaves a doubt in one's mind if the current lot of BJP leadership in TN is one big Trojan horse.

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:33 pm

The leadership of BJP in TN needs big improvement. I agree. But making the identity of the people open is also critical in AP, TS and TN. I myself do not know Vijay was not a Hindu. Many in AP were not knowing YSR was a EJ for a long time while he was our CM. Now that it is open Jagan fearing that it will ensure his defeat. So EJ angle has to come out. It will discredit the scumbags and make Hindus aware of the threat.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:34 pm

I think it is good to show stuff like Mersal can't just get away Scott free. Let XML and INC promise that if ED +CST+TNVAT on any item was more than 28% during 2010 when they had central and state power no one from thier their parties or families will contest elections for 25 years

MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Post by MehtaRahulC » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:57 pm

year 2003 Hindu newspaper link that says delhi municipality encouraged fire crackers, because firecrackers reduce dengue , and nothing else works
------
16-oct-2003
http://www.thehindu.com/2003/10/16/stor ... 250400.htm
Say yes to fire-crackers to control dengue

By Lalit K. Jha

NEW DELHI OCT. 15. Say yes to firecrackers to get rid of mosquitoes and the dreaded dengue! This seems to be the new ``mantra'' of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi, particularly its Health Department, which is busy fighting the dengue fever. It has requested the Delhi Government's Environment Department to put its "anti-firecracker campaign'' on hold or keep it low key this year in view of the fast spreading dengue fever.

It has officially informed the Delhi Government about its inability to participate in the anti-firecracker campaign arguing that it was already involved in a massive mass awareness campaign on dengue and concentrated its entire energy in preventing this disease from spreading further.

"The more firecrackers you burn, the more would be the smoke and air pollution. This would kill mosquitoes in a single night and arrest the increasing incidents of dengue in the Capital,'' a top official of the MCD Health Department argued. ...................
================== end of Hindu newspaper quote ==============
And here is one more --- year 2006 ToI link that says that Delhi Municipality officially said that firecrackers reduce dengue , and nothing else works
-------------
oct-2006
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 181064.cms
Cracker cure

Abantika Ghosh | TNN | Oct 17, 2006, 12.57 AM IST

NEW DELHI: It's a mosquito-repellent all right and chances are, you will probably enjoy using it also.
Creams and coils are passe, doctors say fire crackers may be the new route to salvation for dengue-ridden Delhi. And the much-talked about air pollution, which has been the handiest anti-cracker argument in the hands of environment enthusiasts worldwide, could be the key to end the dengue menace.
Because the high density of smoke will effectively drive mosquitoes away. In some cases, this may be more efficient than the regular anti-mosquito agents to which, because of round the year use, the insect often becomes resistant.
Said Dr Anoop Misra, consultant internal medicine, Fortis Group of Hospitals, "Diwali is watershed time for dengue and two days before it, crackers will start bursting. With smoke density being highest near houses, mosquitoes will definitely be driven away from the residential areas at least." He added: "This is exactly what many smoke-eliciting mosquito devices do — giving a knockdown effect on mosquitoes rather than killing them completely." ......
================ end of ToI link =============
So there were enough reasons to support the Hindu cause of firecrackers. Yet Sri Modiji asked Govt lawyer in Supreme Court to support ban on fire-crackers !!! And some people want us all to believe that Sri Modiji is Hinduvaadi. Modivaadies should tell us what we should smoke first to believe this and where we can buy that. We need heavy dose of that high octane stuff to believe that Sri Modiji is different from SoGa or ArKe.