The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
MehtaRahulC
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by MehtaRahulC » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:04 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:23 am
RM, what is this wealth tax you keep speaking about? If I have 1 crore in my account I need to pay tax on it every year?

I agree there are issues with GST but I don't think the solution is to dump it. The system for the first time ensures compliance of a society that is used to not paying any tax.
Now that there is separate tax to discuss taxation issues, I have posted reply there - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27&p=1837#p1837

sum
BGR Newbie

Post by sum » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:06 am

Exactly.

NaMo is a smart person and knows which issues matter to the larger public and which deserve energy to be expended.

I can clearly see most in my circle supporting the ban(for whatever reason and each have their own) and i guess the GoI has read the pulse as per prevailing mood

JMT

Schmidt
BGR Newbie

Post by Schmidt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:13 am

Chandragupta wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:48 am
Actually, BRF is an echo chamber. Out in the real world, nobody is giving a shit for the cracker ban. I got pummeled by my 'educated' friends when I defended the use of firecrackers. I realised that most Hindus are just dhimmis.
-----------------------------------------------------

Your so called educated friends are not true representatives of all Hindus

Millions of Hindus turn up to buy crackers of all varieties , even for a few Rs , based on what they could afford - they will continue to keep the traditions alive , long after your friends daughters fall victim to love Jihad and become baby factories

We share our crackers with the neighbourhood and also with our maids kids and the Nepali security guys

There is unadulterated joy on their faces when they light up the stuff

Nothing equals it

You will only know its value when you are forced to give it a miss

This is what brings people together

You can light lamps in your homes but it is a quiet affair done by the ladies of the house ; you can stuff your face with mithais , all in silence
punctuated by farts and burps

Crackers bring with it an element of boisterous enjoyment , a definite edge over other festivals like Xmas or any of the Muslim ones

To me , it is not about equal treatment etc, it is being deprived of the right to celebrate your own festival in your own land where you are the majority by an unelected entity called the Supreme Court that is really not answerable to the public

The angst reg Modi is this : how would we have reacted if a Cong govt was in place now ? Every one of the posters ( defending the govt now ) would have been up on their feet protesting the move
So why the silence now - just because a so called pro Hindutva govt is in place - that seems quite indifferent to peoples feelings

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:27 am

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:27 am

Schmidt- First understand that this is an SC Judgement based on moves of NGO folks, if it is a GOI move obviously there will be protests, this is a BIF move brought in by the Like s of Sibal. This Govt has had many tiff's with SC and like it or not the Judiciary are very powerful, taking them on in a knee jerk manner will prove counter productive. They quietly were unable to enforce the SC diktat on Dahi Handi.

Schmidt
BGR Newbie

Post by Schmidt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:33 am

Aditya_V wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:27 am
Schmidt- First understand that this is an SC Judgement based on moves of NGO folks, if it is a GOI move obviously there will be protests, this is a BIF move brought in by the Like s of Sibal. This Govt has had many tiff's with SC and like it or not the Judiciary are very powerful, taking them on in a knee jerk manner will prove counter productive. They quietly were unable to enforce the SC diktat on Dahi Handi.
True

But govt's silence shows it is incapable , weak , ineffective , or indifferent , uncaring - or all of the above - take your pick

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:35 am

bigger picture is
-Hindus are feeling let down after having elected some one they thought will protect them..
Right from Bengal to Delhi every TD &H is breathing fire on Hindu religion and those who claimed to be custodian are twiddling thumb
-perception matters: perception is now Modi sir is helpless when it comes to real Hindu issues
-If 2 yrs back ans to will u vote for modi was YEs YES, it has become feeble yes now
-all this matters in long run, a weakened Modi govt in 2019 even if in power again will not have same say
-if they can't touch RTE & all with brute majority they will never be able to
-people are feeling betrayed & angry over it..
-a lot of good will has been lost by BJP and its chief Modi
-Only vika vikas is bewkoofi when threat is right there on door, attacking even when you are in power
-SC acted against Diwali is outrageous on top you have Environment minister, CM of BJP states supporting it?
Carry on I don't bother who is in power is the feeling.
Last edited by Indrad on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:37 am

Or It is not the right time or place to fight.

Why not wait till RS numbers also change, we want to change everything in 1 vote and falling for IED set up
Somehow get the trait that we blame our side always and never the other side.

First make some parties irrelevant, that will need concerted 2 or 3 election cycles.
Last edited by Aditya_V on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 am

abhijit wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:47 am
What should a parent tell his her child, bad luck dear only had you not born in hindu family you could have celebrated your festival as you want just like next door albert or mohmad can do.
May be legal luminaries can throw some light. Supreme court has banned the "sale" of crackers. What is the punishment given out if this is violated? Who is the prosecuting agency? We as a country has been taught about "civil disobedience". States like Kerala have harthals, even when if two people f-art, and that is also equated with "civil disobedience" movement against the British.

Many folks in Delhi has already started thinking about "gifting" crackers, as "gifts" are not called a "sale". This order would have 100s of loop holes which can be cleverly used (if people have the will to do it). Jalli Kattu was banned in TN, but even the "uber secular" The Hindu had reported that it did happen in parts of TN, with the law enforcers looking the other way. Dahi Handi festival in MH happened in full glory even when the courts set a 50ft height limitation. The people in these states clearly showed the intention that they would do, what their culture and traditions allow them to do. Did you hear of any arrests, prosecution and jailing of the people involved? I have not yet heard any thing.

Perhaps majority of the BRF crowd are true blue middle class groups who do not really wish to get into any trouble, and expect some one else to do the dirty job of fighting. But whole of India is not like that. There are enough and more people who still would celebrate the way they have been celebrating festivals for many years. We may call them uncultured, emotional people etc. etc. But at times it is this group who really makes the difference.
Schmidt wrote:But govt's silence shows it is incapable , weak , ineffective , or indifferent , uncaring - or all of the above - take your pick
Sir, you are just blindly expecting Govt. of India to just do exactly what one group demands it to do. This is when the very same group, have not tried any routes which are open for them, but expects GoI to act like their private goonda. Fine, an NGO manages to get a ban on fire crackers through the court. Why can't any pro-cracker group use similar channels to get the ban lifted, or to equally mess up with other religious festivals? No none of the Hindu groups want that. Instead they expect GoI to be the hired goonda and do all the heavy-lifting. All said and one, if any one cannot get a favourable verdict from the courts they can at least think about disobeying the orders. Common man of TN and MH have already done, that. Nothing has happened. If people in Delhi do not want to do that (fearing prosecution etc. etc.), then who is to blame?
IndraD wrote:-Hindus are feeling let down after having elected some one they thought will protect them..
-if they can't touch RTE & all with brute majority they will never be able to
-people are feeling betrayed & angry over it..
May be one question which every BJP voter should ask is; Did they vote for Modi to act as a Hired/Paid Goonda who is there to protect only Hindu rights, and using brute force if required. If yes, then they may also have to realise that hired goon business does not ensure victory always. I don't think any country has won wars using mercenary soldiers only.
Last edited by Sachin on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Schmidt
BGR Newbie

Post by Schmidt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:41 am

First they came for the Jallikattu , and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Tamil and didn’t give a damn about Jallikattu

Then they came for Dahi Handi and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Marathi and didn’t celebrate Gokulashtami

Then they came for Deepavali firecrackers , and I did not speak out—
Because I didn’t want to be seen as uncool

Then they came for me —and there were no Hindus left to speak for me.
Last edited by Schmidt on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:44 am

TMC's Mukul Roy resigns as Rajya Sabha MP
ttps://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/tmcs-mukul-roy-resigns-as-rajya-sabha-mp/articleshow/61036737.cms
Trinamool Congress MP Mukul Roy on Wednesday resigned from the Rajya Sabha.
Roy had on Monday announced his intentions to resign from the Upper House of Parliament.
"Finally, I am going to hand over my resignation to the Vice President on October 11 and then I will tell the people of this country why I decided to end my long political innings with the TMC, the party I founded with many others," he had said.
Once the second-in-command in the TMC after West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee, Roy was suspended for six years for "anti-party activities" last month.
He has since been meeting BJP leaders, giving rise to speculation that he may join the saffron party.
"I am not saying I will join the BJP or I will not join (it). Only time will tell. Please wait for a few days," he had said.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:45 am

When people say Hindus are feeling let down, please tell us which hindus are feeling let down.
Only one or two Intellectual Kshathriyas feeling let down. These kshatriyas are one in million. Many posters don't know more than 10 hindus in their lives. Knowing means really knowing. Not general sweeps.

So these let downs are nothing but exaggerated concerns to make BJP look bad. People are working on it for decades. And here comes these so called
RW warriors, making so much noise.

Modiji didn't let down his core base. If pandering to your egos is the main objective, please come down from your high horses.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:47 am

Schmidt wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:41 am
First they came for the Jallikattu , and I did not speak out—
People who had pride in the festival protested; nothing happened to them. It was the middle class who kept quiet.
Then they came for Dahi Handi and I did not speak out—
People defied the ban on the maximum limit; and nothing happened. Again it was the middle class/internet warriors who kept quiet.

So any group which did not consider GoI has a hired goon, and decided to do the fighting by themselves; succeeded. God Helps those who help themselves... Let us see how this cracker ban goes in Delhi. I have zero hopes on Lutyens crowd and the typical Delhi middle class. But I do have more faith in the actual poor, daily wages crowd.

PS: This may also be a reason why BJP is now not giving much importance to the Middle class Hindus. They just seem to have demands after demands. Where as it may be beneficial for the BJP to look at the true poor & oppressed Hindus, who may ask for very little but give back much more in return.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:51 am

Schmidt wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:41 am

Then they came for me —and there were no Hindus left to speak for me.
Don't take it as offence. You are argument is mostly emotional. If someone comes and kicks you, it is not society or government fault. It is your fault. You never tried to utilise any given resource.

Come on, sir. We have enough Hindu groups. You should join one of them. Simply by sitting at your home, won't save you if shit hits fan.

Schmidt
BGR Newbie

Post by Schmidt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:52 am

^^^

I came up with this average effort in about 30 sec , so please excuse the examples cited

May be I should think of some better examples like Love Jihad , RJB , Kashmir Pandits , other unresolved and festering issues

But hope you get the general drift - this is only a harbinger of things to come

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:57 am

You gotta give it to Congoons for the ecosystem and propaganda machine at their disposal. The most corrupt set of thugs managed to pull something against BJP and Amit Shah from their arses, and now even that sore loser Yashwant Sinha is singing the ‘BJP has lost moral ground’ tune.

Those in India, particularly Gujarat, how is this playing out on the ground?

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:00 am

Syam ji you can huff & puff as much you want to prove Modi/BJP not at fault, but I will not be a rabid supporter of them any more. Not on SM not any where, yes I will continue to raise voice for Hindu's concerns, but look for other alternatives. Betrayal is never forgotten.
Last edited by Indrad on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Schmidt
BGR Newbie

Post by Schmidt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:01 am

Sachin wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 am
abhijit wrote:
Schmidt wrote:But govt's silence shows it is incapable , weak , ineffective , or indifferent , uncaring - or all of the above - take your pick
Sir, you are just blindly expecting Govt. of India to just do exactly what one group demands it to do. This is when the very same group, have not tried any routes which are open for them, but expects GoI to act like their private goonda. Fine, an NGO manages to get a ban on fire crackers through the court. Why can't any pro-cracker group use similar channels to get the ban lifted, or to equally mess up with other religious festivals? No none of the Hindu groups want that. Instead they expect GoI to be the hired goonda and do all the heavy-lifting. All said and one, if any one cannot get a favourable verdict from the courts they can at least think about disobeying the orders. Common man of TN and MH have already done, that. Nothing has happened. If people in Delhi do not want to do that (fearing prosecution etc. etc.), then who is to blame?
------------------------------------

Please don't use words like private goonda etc , I have tried to keep the discourse civil but hard hitting.

The govt and NaMo are silent . You and I can draw diverse inferences from that.

If they wished , they could have brought in an ordinance like the TN govt did to revive Jallikattu.

Also , if NaMO utters just one sentence saying that the ruling is harsh and extreme and should try to find a middle way with suitable restraints etc rather that just a total ban on sales , the hon SC would definitely pay heed to his words.

But he remains eloquently silent. We just had a 10 year reign by another silent PM.

Guess the curse continues.

Also , Sachin - you keep saying people can disobey and burst crackers. There is no ban on setting off crackers , only on their sale.

So either they have to go far and wide to buy the stuff , or maybe buy online ( but doubt if couriers will carry crackers and explosives )

Anyway my last post on this.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:04 am

^^Many of you are not there when people fighitng these issues. Now suddenly you guys became representative of Hindus.
Funny, you tell that you look for alternative. Looking and building one are two different actions.
Keep looking. I am sure Sri Maha vishnu will pop out of pillar and save every hindu.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:10 am

@Indrad
Also please don't use big words like Betrayal. You have no idea what betrayal is.

BhairavP
BGR Newbie

Post by BhairavP » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:18 am

BJP will sweep Gujarat.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:31 am

Sachin wrote:
abhijit wrote:
What should a parent tell his her child, bad luck dear only had you not born in hindu family you could have celebrated your festival as you want just like next door albert or mohmad can do.
May be legal luminaries can throw some light. Supreme court has banned the "sale" of crackers. What is the punishment given out if this is violated? Who is the prosecuting agency? We as a country has been taught about "civil disobedience". States like Kerala have harthals, even when if two people f-art, and that is also equated with "civil disobedience" movement against the British.
The intention of the law is to prevent hindus from using crackers. Punishing people (means kids or parents) is not feasible due to sheer numbers and policing need to be done. So easier is to cut down the source. Now you can navigate through the law, yes. But is that what comes to hindus in India? to celebrate diwali chori chori chupke chupke, fearing someone will catch them? Is this the environment we want our kids to grow and is this what a law abiding parent should teach kids?

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:38 am

Sachin wrote:
May be one question which every BJP voter should ask is; Did they vote for Modi to act as a Hired/Paid Goonda who is there to protect only Hindu rights, and using brute force if required. If yes, then they may also have to realise that hired goon business does not ensure victory always. I don't think any country has won wars using mercenary soldiers only.
If ensuring equal treatment to all citizens is definition of goondagiri then yes that is exactly why people elect the government.

Sajith
BGR Newbie

Post by Sajith » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:49 am

MehtaRahulC wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:23 am
And look who is now making mega profit from decisions of Modiji, RSS-workers and SCjs !!!
Have you even met one RSS worker?

EswarPrakash
BGR Newbie

Post by EswarPrakash » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:54 am

abhijit wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:38 am
Sachin wrote:
If ensuring equal treatment to all citizens is definition of goondagiri then yes that is exactly why people elect the government.
So what do you want the government to do? Specifically?