The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
SRoy
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by SRoy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:17 am

Indifferent and indecisive.

The most revered Indian PM on BRF also happened to be scholar, polyglot, man of few words, simple dressed, avoided publicity and gimmicks . No wonder under his watch an important historical event for us Hindus took place.

Comparison is natural and one is forced to draw certain conclusions.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:18 am

Schmidt wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:07 am
-------------------------------------------------------------

If RW ditches the BJP these guys can kiss their poll prospects goodbye

Lets see what will be their vote share then

I wish the RSS would take a pubic stand against the cracker ban and stand for Hindu rights

RSS must hold an outreach programme with other parties including the Congress and AAP if necessary
RW can ditch BJP. See, I changed my stance. I don't care if it is doing anything or not. As long as RSS supports BJP, I have no problem with them.

If Muslims and Christians can vote in block and stick to their church and Ummah, so am I. You guys burning the whole house down. Go rant and add more fuel to it.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:20 am

Look how reactionary guys, these Judges have been educated, brought up in a system for 50 years and that system is bearing fruit and we guys want a change without changing the system . Good luck!!
Andknowing the BIF forces, BJP and leaders will be strong enough to take care of themselves,thy will for weak and easy targets but these non networked, only in your cabin RW will see bear the brunt of BIF. I hope these posts are kept in a place which is handy.

If BJP loses 2019, none these so called RW should ever complain again and enjoy UPA system coming to its full strength.

People who have not suffered from Networked HR who smash careers during UPA rule can talk as if they are invisible, they need to see how in the very companies/ businesses they work people talk something and do something else once they go up the ladder.

geeth
BGR Newbie

Post by geeth » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:29 am

Schmidt wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:09 am
Indifference can cut both ways

If the BJP is indifferent to Hindus , we can equally well stay away from the polling booths
The problem with that argument is, that people are doing a favour to BJP by casting their vote to them. The fact is that they are fearful of others and by default vote BJP. If there is some other party better than BJP to protect their interest, votes will flow there.

Only option available is to force BJP to serve the OVERALL interests of the nation first and the voter next unashamedly. Often people put their personal interests above that of the nation. These people also claim to know what the interest of the nation is, more than the powers thatbe..Hence the Khujli.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:31 am

Aditya_V wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:20 am
Look how reactionary guys, these Judges have been educated, brought up in a system for 50 years and that system is bearing fruit and we guys want a change without changing the system . Good luck!!
Andknowing the BIF forces, BJP and leaders will be strong enough to take care of themselves,thy will for weak and easy targets but these non networked, only in your cabin RW will see bear the brunt of BIF. I hope these posts are kept in a place which is handy.

If BJP loses 2019, none these so called RW should ever complain again and enjoy UPA system coming to its full strength.

People who have not suffered from Networked HR who smash careers during UPA rule can talk as if they are invisible, they need to see how in the very companies/ businesses they work people talk something and do something else once they go up the ladder.
These guys are pro at burning own house down. It happened on BRF. They still didn't learn it. Now they continue to do so until every Hindu organisation razed down to ground.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:35 am

geeth wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:29 am
Only option available is to force BJP to serve the OVERALL interests of the nation first and the voter next unashamedly. Often people put their personal interests above that of the nation. These people also claim to know what the interest of the nation is, more than the powers thatbe..Hence the Khujli.
Force BJP?? :lol:

You guys are no body. Please don't stretch yourself. False pride is very dangerous.

geeth
BGR Newbie

Post by geeth » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:40 am

syam wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:35 am
geeth wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:29 am
Force BJP?? :lol:

You guys are no body. Please don't stretch yourself. False pride is very dangerous.
Okay..explain why the Central Govt, Maharashtra & Gujrat State Govts reduced excise duty on petrol and Diesel.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:44 am

geeth wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:40 am
Okay..explain why the Central Govt, Maharashtra & Gujrat State Govts reduced excise duty on petrol and Diesel.
I am not economist to write big posts on this topic. Please ask Rahul Mehtha.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:52 am

Its obvious with Elections coming in Gujarat, Maharastra has unreasonable amoutn of VAT on Petrol and Diesel, but this is for 2 things.

1. GST is still in state of flux and will settle down by December, GSTN portal is the main failure here.

2. Once Maharashtra taxes stabilise things will become better.

Many big Industrialists part of the C System are trying to sabotage since they can hold out for a few years and get back to INC system. If INC looses 2019 then they will get in line and Behave. These folks all had it gamed loose 2014 and win 2019.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:54 am

See guys. No use in doing circle-jerking over something we have no say over. If the issue is genuine, government takes notice. That sorta noise has different sound.
But these, I don't know how much your whining contribute to the cause. You guys are burning the whole house down. If this forum is highest point you can reach to complain about, you better to tone it down. This is not run by Modiji to take notice of your whining.

If you guys really concerned about cracker's ban, please go on streets and protest. Every one does that when they are not happy with something. You guys also should do it. This applies to economic policies too.

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:54 am

Progress can be incremental also and many times not in the areas in which we want. So far many areas of the work done by this admin were good. There are areas of concern also about which nothing was done. In the elections 99% time it is the best option that is to be selected among the options available in front of us and not the one which we consider the ideal option. BJP may or may not be ideal option on many counts. But is also an ideal option in many other counts. There is no one better in near future. Getting UPA3 due to our stupid desire to have perfection is not an option at all.

Dumal
BGR Newbie

Post by Dumal » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:59 am

I know this thread in name and form is meant to take forward the one we had in BRF. My humble request is to split this into 2 threads.

One for discussions like this (e.g., on RW/BJP issue triggered by the cracker ban or on the GST impact etc,) each of which can span multiple weeks and draw some or many folks into discussing based on own personal interests and proclivities. I think we are almost entirely missing all the action in Gujarat, etc here due to being flooded with the single-track discussions.

A second one for tracking fast-moving discussions on day-to-day political happenings. This should be a platform for folks who have local knowledge to provide some of that context and insight into the happenings we hear in the media. When this happens smoothly, the thread becomes a very valuable place that helps us synthesize political impact on an ongoing basis.

Marten
BGR Member

Post by Marten » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:00 am

Dumal wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:59 am
I know this thread in name and form is meant to take forward the one we had in BRF. My humble request is to split this into 2 threads.

One for discussions like this (e.g., on RW/BJP issue triggered by the cracker ban or on the GST impact etc,) each of which can span multiple weeks and draw some or many folks into discussing based on own personal interests and proclivities. I think we are almost entirely missing all the action in Gujarat, etc here due to being flooded with the single-track discussions.

A second one for tracking fast-moving discussions on day-to-day political happenings. This should be a platform for folks who have local knowledge to provide some of that context and insight into the happenings we hear in the media. When this happens smoothly, the thread becomes a very valuable place that helps us synthesize political impact on an ongoing basis.
Excellent suggestion Sir.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:03 am

syam wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:54 am
If this forum is highest point you can reach to complain about, you better to tone it down.
hmmm. Otherwise?

Are you issuing threats now?

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:19 am

syam wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:54 am
If you guys really concerned about cracker's ban, please go on streets and protest. Every one does that when they are not happy with something. You guys also should do it. This applies to economic policies too.
Nobody asked for your advice. If you are forum moderator and want to state the rules then I agree this is private forum, moderators are entitled to set rules as they want. But if not then please mind your business and dont get personal. Counter the arguments in civil manner. If you are personally hurt when someone criticizes Modi then it is not their fault.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:23 am

abhijit wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:19 am
Nobody asked for your advice. If you are forum moderator and want to state the rules then I agree this is private forum, moderators are entitled to set rules as they want. But if not then please mind your business and dont get personal. Counter the arguments in civil manner. If you are personally hurt when someone criticizes Modi then it is not their fault.
Also same to you, no body asked for your analysis on BJP performance. You are trying to subvert the only political movement Hindus have. You guys lost whatever civility you have when you gone for BJP blood. Please do so. Poke people and expect them to take everything lying down.

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:27 am

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:27 am

:lol: :lol:
No one should comment on these RW. But they have right to comment on whatever they like.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:58 am

I think someone misguided these so called RW folks about HInduthva. There was nothing before 2014. Where did this dissent come from?
Someone misguided these folks. Lets zero on the culprits.
1. Rajiv Malhothra
2. SuSwamy
3. BJP old timers who got sidelined.

My suspect is SuSwami and his virat sena.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:17 am

abhijit wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:56 pm
^^ this is THE biggest festival for hindus and if moral policing being done on us and modi does nothing and watch from sideline, or what worse be part of moral policing then if that is not blowtomodi then what else?
I don't think Modi (and the BJP) at this point (when they are the government) wants to take a very risky stance that "We are for Hindus and Hindus onlee". For a ruling government to take such a stance, it may be not the right approach. And all said and done, it is also a bit naive for the Hindus to just pass all the responsibilities to Modi & Co, just because this group believes that Modi & Co is for Hindus and Hindus only. This sort of "off-loading the fighting business to some one else" may also have been one reason why Hindus got kicked by pretty much every other community. Perhaps the Hindus in general needs to actually celebrate the festival by bursting crackers. If they are so worried about police cases, then no one can save them (Modi or other wise). If push comes to shove, Modi & Co can perhaps ask Dilli Polis to go slow on the anti-cracker enforcement. But the onus of bursting crackers would still remain with the people who wanted those crackers badly.

Schmidt
BGR Newbie

Post by Schmidt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:25 am

Deepavali should be celebrated as a festival of sound and light and of victory of good over evil

People are taking the tag line festival of light too literally and saying where is the need for fire crackers etc

If so why even make or buy sweets , buy new clothes , or even do the Deepavali Puja and worship in temples on the day ( none of these are mentioned in the tag line )

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:28 am

Who is taking the Tagline, you mean secular Media , yes thier objective is to take the fun out of thee festival

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:37 am

Bursting crackers is not an issue here. This is exactly how chetan bhagat's statement was manipulated by media. Issue is discriminatory restriction on hindu festivals one after another. If a citizen does not complain about elected government for not taking corrective measures then whom should be taken to task? No common man has power to take on Judiciary or ngos.

abhijit
BGR Member

Post by abhijit » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:47 am

If firecrackers must be banned then ban universally all 365 days. And if not then I as a citizen should have a choice. If i dont like i will not use, if i want i can legally. But 360 days allowed and not allowed only during diwali is what justice and equal treatment? What should a parent tell his her child, bad luck dear only had you not born in hindu family you could have celebrated your festival as you want just like next door albert or mohmad can do. So as long as you are in india you cannot burst cracker during diwali for life. But you can enjoy christmas if you must.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:48 am

Actually, BRF is an echo chamber. Out in the real world, nobody is giving a shit for the cracker ban. I got pummeled by my 'educated' friends when I defended the use of firecrackers. I realised that most Hindus are just dhimmis. They don't hold religion & culture so close to their chest. They are okay to let go. Difference is Muslims & Christians don't let go. Between them and us, they will win all the time because no Hindu is bothered to fight for rituals, festivals & religion.

When I try and explain that this is a thousand year long civilizational war, they laugh and drink their beer. I can do nothing but think how their (and mine) grand children and their children will be brutally hounded & killed 200 years from today and how they will curse their ancestors.