The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
chetak
Forum Moderator

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

Post by chetak » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:17 pm

Fir Aap ne Dekha...AAAAP NEEE DeKHHHA Duniya ne dekha ...Pakistan ne dekha...This is a foreign minister who lied & got caught, lied & got caught... now finally he is telling the truth, Kartarpur is just a ploy ...(full video)

https://twitter.com/akela_raahi/status/ ... 5546204160

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:19 pm

twitter

Pakistan desperate to engage with India. Dialogue with Delhi gives that pariah nation, reviled worldwide, notional respectability. Terror continues but gullible India will periodically be lured to engage. ISI-subverted Indian media & track2ers will dutifully collude. Watch vid.

Here it goes, another Pakistan Minister confirms their designs, GoI need to be extra careful. There is TRAP written all over it.

https://twitter.com/akela_raahi/status/ ... 7111787520

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:24 pm

The gotra was actually that of motilal nehru.

That makes it from pappu's maternal side.

gotra is passed on from the father, is it not??, maybe with the exception of some among the Malayali and Tulu people it is passed on from mother to child.

what gotra did rajiv or rajiv's father firoze carry?? A parsi has no gotra to pass on nor does his italian catholic mother.

twitter
Yesterday ⁦@RahulGandhi⁩ disclosed at Brahma temple in Rajasthan that he is a Kaul Dattatreya Brahmin descended from Kashmiri Pandits. So can we finally expect him to work hard to deliver justice to his Kashmiri Pandit brethren exiled and brutalised by Islamists in Kashmir?

darshhan
BGR Newbie

Post by darshhan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:49 pm

Haldiram wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:02 am

Here is the problem, average defence expenditure of current govt. has been only about 2.2% of GDP as opposed to 2.6% of GDP under MMS rule. This year defence budget of 1.58% GDP was historic low of last 58 years and received widespread condemnation from military brass.

So on what basis do you think the current govt. can criticize the previous govt. ?
You are right. Now we should all vote for Raul Gandi. He will set everything right. He is a great leader. He is the best. He is just awesome. Long live raul.

Thanks man for opening our eyes.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:29 pm

Darshhan, also don't forget that their Pappu and his slaves who question surgical strikes, who berate Indian army for killings in Kashmir etc will also solve the grand Kashmir puzzle: He, his mama, Bajwa, Taliban Khan, separatists etc with chief guests Zakir Musa and Hafeez Saeed will all sign a "joint sovereignty" Kashmir agreement in downtown Srinagar with their Burka bibi, Turdesai, UndY TV and assorted 'journalists' who were invited to Kartarpur giving running commentary on the ultimate triumph of 'secularism' against the "tyranny of Hindu extremist" BJP/RSS.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:45 pm

darshhan wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:49 pm
Haldiram wrote:

Here is the problem, average defence expenditure of current govt. has been only about 2.2% of GDP as opposed to 2.6% of GDP under MMS rule. This year defence budget of 1.58% GDP was historic low of last 58 years and received widespread condemnation from military brass.

So on what basis do you think the current govt. can criticize the previous govt. ?
You are right. Now we should all vote for Raul Gandi. He will set everything right. He is a great leader. He is the best. He is just awesome. Long live raul.

What kind of a response is this?
Are you saying that Modi Govt is above any kind of criticism? I don't see any place where he says that everyone should vote for RaGa.

If Haldiram is wrong about the figures, please post the right figures.

Rajesh_MR
BGR Newbie

Post by Rajesh_MR » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:06 pm

Haldiram wrote:

Thought there were no major purchases during UPA time. What was the budget used for? Or was it more like show the high budget knowing it won't get really used, so just money on paper!

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:53 pm

There are a couple of other points to ponder.

The GDP of the nation went up significantly between 2013 and 2017. The military expenditure did not go down as a percentage from 2016 to 2017, but actually increased, at least according to Western sources so much so that they lament India now being in the top five nations of the world in terms of defense expenditure (figures vary from $56 to $63 billion).

I don't know what the exact numbers are, if somebody has access to real data please post. However, one comment made by some has been that despite actual increase in India's expenditure, most of it is targeted towards salaries and not necessarily product acquisition.

Regardless of the numbers involved, according to my reading, the powers that be had neglected the defense of the nation significantly, whereas the current government has given it a higher priority - whether above sanitation or not, I don't know.

All I can say is that the Congress has never had a hawk as PM after IG. Modi certainly has done a lot more to uplift India's image on the international stage than his predecessor(s).

Lilo
BGR Member

Post by Lilo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:10 pm

KJo wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:45 pm
darshhan wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:49 pm
Haldiram wrote:
What kind of a response is this?
Are you saying that Modi Govt is above any kind of criticism? I don't see any place where he says that everyone should vote for RaGa.
KJo ji,
Who said anything about Modi govt being above criticism?
By me, no one is above criticism including Generals or Judges provided criticism is valid, but why is this strawman being erected here?

What if Haldiram is intentionally wrong about the defence spending figures and is deliberately spreading FUD as he is trained to?
Will that amount to anything?
He takes the budgeted defence expenditure of the current year - which is easily 2.2% of GDP as usual.
Then he deliberately leaves out the defence pension part(which has always been a part of this figure)so that the figure sees almost a 1% fall & then he goes to town proclaiming that the sky is falling over us because the dutty mudi has "suddenly brought down" the defence spending to mere 1.56% of GDP (refer his post below).He posted such malicious propaganda pouncing on an opportunity in an sensitive discussion b/w Vikas & Primus concerning Indian soldiers martyred at border by paki firing.
Haldiram wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:07 pm
Problem is building military strength requires higher level of budgetary allocation and this year the allocation in terms of percentage was lowest in the last 58 years. I watched several debates on TV and the retired military generals were sharp in criticism of the govt. They also graded the govt. poorly in handling Kashmir.
I demanded him to name the General to whom he is attributing that crap about drastic defense cut to.
He refused to name the General & weaseled away with below post.
Haldiram wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:34 am
Why should the name of the generals who have criticized Modi govt. on defence budget cut or his poor handling of Kashmir be important? Generals are generals.

The military budget cut was widely criticized including by some still in service. And like I said you can't build stronger military by reducing the budget.....
Worst part is he is attributing his malicious claims to some General/s in the Army whom he refuses to name all the while couching his malicious propaganda in their "name".
Now he & his brother in arms dinesh kumar are recirculating this propaganda on India's defence preparedness just to target Modi.
There are provisions like IPC 505(a) which prohibit FUD like Haldiram's on defence forces.Worse he is attributing his FUD to be sourced from Indian Army Generals.
Realistically speaking does a country of India's scale & growth rate ever see its defence budget reduced by 1% of GDP?
Leaving aside law what is the worth of a post making such cretin level claims?
Is India underfunding defence, compared to other countries? Do we really spend, as is breathlessly claimed all the time, “only 1.6 per cent of GDP” on defence? The simple answer to both is — not at all. To start with, our defence expenditure is not 1.6 per cent of GDP, it is around 2.2 per cent of GDP. It has never fallen below the 2 per cent benchmark. Further, at 2.2 per cent, we are not an outlier compared to the rest of the world. On the contrary, this is quite on par with the rest of the world. On the contrary, this is quite on par with the rest of the world on defence spending.
So what accounts for the perception gap? It is, unfortunately, the mainstreaming of wrong data — repeated ad nauseam. As the old chestnut goes – Garbage In, Garbage Out. The widely quoted “1.6 per cent of GDP” number excludes defence pensions,
http://economictimes.indiatimes.comhttp ... aign=cppst

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:34 pm

Discussion has veered off into non-political topics....too much blah blah on Sidhu and India-Pawkee tangles.

Back to real poltoogiri:

Rajasthan Vidhan Sabha polls: From caste equations to tickets, Vasundhara Raje played her hand brilliantly
https://www.firstpost.com/politics/raja ... 23441.html

I think the tide has strongly turned in the last week or so. RJ could be another flop show for Congis...I think they just believe in automatic anti-incumbency.

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:29 am

KJo wrote:

Source for my data is World Bank, 1960 - 2017
https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/MS.MIL.XPND.GD.ZS

For 2018, I used this Indian Express article, the same figure of 1.58% appeared in other sources too.
Union Budget 2018: Defence gets 1.58% of GDP, lowest allocation since 1962

Lilo
BGR Member

Post by Lilo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:52 am

Haldiram wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:29 am
KJo wrote:

For 2018, I used this Indian Express article, the same figure of 1.58% appeared in other sources too.
It seems you are still high with pappu coolaid,onlee this time its the coupta brand isnt it bhature bhujiawala?
As your chaddi got pulled off, rather than depend on nameless Gernails, you now wish to quote the spin of presstitute coupta's rag hain ji?

Ok i get your compulsion so lets quote from your own link then !
....While the government has increased the defence budget by 5.91 per cent for FY 2018-19 to Rs 2,95,511.41 crore, the allocation is estimated at around 1.58 per cent of the country’s GDP — the lowest since 1962. An additional amount of Rs 1,08,853.30 crore has been provided for defence pensions....
The World Bank data is measuring the Total defence expenditure(i.e everything including defence pensions) year after year.
While coupta is comparing such total defence expense figures of previous years(all of which included defence pensions within the head of overall defence budget) with this years budget which has "defence budget" and defence pensions" as a separate heads. :facepalm:

I guess to campaign for pappu, prerequisite is to be an imbecile like you hain ji?
What did General Pappu from your congie whatsapp HQ order you to do next ?
Blow up the Rafael ghotala of dutty mudi hain? :rotfl:

Rajesh_MR
BGR Newbie

Post by Rajesh_MR » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:27 am

Haldiram wrote:
KJo wrote:

So what was all the money in budget used for? Any big purchases!

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:17 am

Rajesh_MR wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:06 pm
Haldiram wrote:

Thought there were no major purchases during UPA time. What was the budget used for? Or was it more like show the high budget knowing it won't get really used, so just money on paper!
think that the previous govt did allocate more money to the Forces but a large chunk of it was deviously, purposely and in a slyly preplanned manner left unspent at the end of the year and was thus returned to the govt as unspent.

This was the trick played by the NAC mafia and executed by dhothiwalla(s).

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:36 am

Does BJP stand any chance at all in Telangana? Both ModiJi and YogiJi campaigned there past few days? Whats the strategy?

With his close relationship with Chinna Jeer SwamiJi and unabashed Hindu outlook, I thought KCR may ally with BJP, but he's pretty viscous against BJP of late, I don't see a tie up, somewhat like JDS in Karnataka which according to many pundits during Karnataka election was supposed to be B team of BJP :-). This despite JDS savaging BJP on every occasion. Some pundits opine through their rear end.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:06 am

Hate to give Burka Bibi publicity, and there is a reason why I post her observations

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ood-india/

According to her, Taliban Khan wants to revive the MMS (Sonia)-MushRat 4-point formula

The other significant yet underreported statement by Khan in his conversation with us was a reference to what policy wonks call the Musharraf-Manmohan Four Point Formula for Kashmir. It is now known that India and Pakistan almost reached a Kashmir settlement when Gen. Pervez Musharraf, Pakistan’s former army chief was also the country’s president — and Manmohan Singh was the Indian prime minister. At the heart of their draft agreement was an acceptance of the status quo and “no redrawing of borders.”
And we all know that one of key facets of this formula is 'joint sovereignty' over the valley of Kashmir. Any takers?

vishvak
BGR Member

Post by vishvak » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:28 am

This is what happens when you deal with pakis.
- Sikhs can only goto Sikh Gurudwara, not temples A or B.
- sect A followers can only goto sect A temple, not Gurudwara or another temple.

In such circumstances, what is the point of listening to paki crap about 'joint $$' oops what's-that.

Why are people hiding this slicing-dicing tactics under gloves of 'international' VISA - from lalapakilands.

The slice-&-dice-VISA from pakilands has it's own beggage and it includes such plans by Mushy - former paki army chief - that is passed not as begging but as upright 'international' bs deal of some kind. Where is the connection between these parts.

Come to think of it. Pakis can claim that they are doing the slice-&-dice-VISA to others what they did to themselves! It's legit for pakis but not for diverse country like India.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:01 pm

crams wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:36 am
Does BJP stand any chance at all in Telangana? Both ModiJi and YogiJi campaigned there past few days? Whats the strategy?

With his close relationship with Chinna Jeer SwamiJi and unabashed Hindu outlook, I thought KCR may ally with BJP, but he's pretty viscous against BJP of late, I don't see a tie up, somewhat like JDS in Karnataka which according to many pundits during Karnataka election was supposed to be B team of BJP :-). This despite JDS savaging BJP on every occasion. Some pundits opine through their rear end.
At the moment the BJP is mainly concerned with increasing its vote share in TG and getting a few more seats. Anything more than that would be a bonus. TG is a new and evolving political landscape...there are 5 significant players in it. It is an excellent strategy of Amit to enter aggressively at the earliest, and displace some of the weaker players. TRS has a historical advantage and MIM has a loyal support base in a few seats, but the TDP and INC are weak.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:06 pm

As far as I am concerned, the ideal result from this round of state elections would be:

- Retain MP, CG, and RJ.

- Help MNF topple Congis in MZ and achieve Cong-mukt NE. This is not a fantasy...MNF/NDA was in power all through the NDA-1 years and till 2007. Several INC leaders including the assembly speaker have recently defected to BJP.

- Considerably increase vote share in TG and perhaps increase seat tally at expense of INC and TDP.

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:28 pm

vishvak wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:05 am
Glad to see Pakis not creating trouble at Kartarpur even though few Sikhs remain in lalapakilands. No BS entertained about going to courts on any issue whatsoever.

On the other hand, pilgrimage seems to be about Hindus going to places of organised religions to be called secular. Hindus going to Gurudwara and Sikhs going to temples is not cool enough to worth discussing!

Indian govt could ask for pushing away baggage of political bs (khalistan fanatics) and work for clean administration by Sikhs only (without ANY political baggage) in true spirit.

Kartarpur is not that important place for Sikhs.

Guru Nanak Dev was born at Nankana Sahib in Sheikhupura (earlier called Virkgarh aka Citadel of Virks).

He traveled all over Punjab in search of truth.

He is the most traveled person in world after Ibn Batuta. He went to Syria, Tibet, Lanka, Haridwar, Benaras, Burma, Mecca, etc.

Once he settled down he picked a place which is just across the river Ravi from the now called city Dera Baba Nanak.

He lived in Kartarpur for 20 years where people would daily in the morning for 1 hour and in evening for 1 hour, come eat, sing bhajans and go do their daily chores.

There is no concept of pilgrimage in Sikhism. Gurudwara are revered for their history. Golden Temple has been destroyed 8-10 times (and many times the sarovar filled up with the bodies of Sikhs mixed in with Cows,horses, etc).

Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji himself explained at Benaras that Pilgrimage does not matter if you do not do good deeds.

He said that same thing standing outside Mecca to the Hajis (at that time Mecca was controlled by much peaceful muslims who are now pushed back to Jordan) .

Here is a shabad as told by his companion on the debate between Guru Nanak Dev ji and Hajis.

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:50 pm

Lilo wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:52 am
Haldiram wrote:
KJo wrote:

It seems you are still high with pappu coolaid,onlee this time its the coupta brand isnt it bhature bhujiawala?
As your chaddi got pulled off, rather than depend on nameless Gernails, you now wish to quote the spin of presstitute coupta's rag hain ji?

Ok i get your compulsion so lets quote from your own link then !
....While the government has increased the defence budget by 5.91 per cent for FY 2018-19 to Rs 2,95,511.41 crore, the allocation is estimated at around 1.58 per cent of the country’s GDP — the lowest since 1962. An additional amount of Rs 1,08,853.30 crore has been provided for defence pensions....
The World Bank data is measuring the Total defence expenditure(i.e everything including defence pensions) year after year.
While coupta is comparing such total defence expense figures of previous years(all of which included defence pensions within the head of overall defence budget) with this years budget which has "defence budget" and defence pensions" as a separate heads. :facepalm:

I guess to campaign for pappu, prerequisite is to be an imbecile like you hain ji?
What did General Pappu from your congie whatsapp HQ order you to do next ?
Blow up the Rafael ghotala of dutty mudi hain? :rotfl:

The figure of 1.58% being the lowest since 1962 is not disputed, budgetary data is available for anybody to do the calculation. Here is another link since you do not like Indian Express.
Defence budget as percentage of GDP lowest since 1962 war, says House panel

Now even if the pension amount is added and the defence budget inclusive of pension as % of GDP is recomputed to 2.2% as per your link from EconomicTimes to make it comparable to World Bank data which presumably according to you includes the pension, the average defence budget for the last 4 years as % of GDP (2.4%) still remains lower than the UPA's 10 year average ( 2.6).

Thus coming back to question posed earlier, does the current govt. has any basis to criticize the previous
govt. on defence? Judging by the numbers, the answer still remains NO.

PS: The norm is to NOT consider defence pension as part of defence budget.
Presenting the last full-fledged budget before the general elections of 2019, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley allocated Rs 4,04,365 crore (US $62.8 billion) for the Ministry of Defence (MoD). Of the MoD’s total allocations, Rs 2,79,305 crore ($43.4 billion) was earmarked for what is widely considered as India’s defence budget, and the balance was distributed between MoD (Miscellaneous) (Rs 16,206 crore) and Defence Pensions (Rs 1,08,853 crore).
https://idsa.in/issuebrief/defence-budg ... era-020218

Lilo
BGR Member

Post by Lilo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:46 pm

Haldiram wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:50 pm

The figure of 1.58% being the lowest since 1962 is not disputed, budgetary data is available for anybody to do the calculation. Here is another link since you do not like Indian Express.
Defence budget as percentage of GDP lowest since 1962 war, says House panel

Now even if the pension amount is added and the defence budget inclusive of pension as % of GDP is recomputed to 2.2% as per your link from EconomicTimes to make it comparable to World Bank data which presumably according to you includes the pension, the average defence budget for the last 4 years as % of GDP (2.4%) still remains lower than the UPA's 10 year average ( 2.6).

Thus coming back to question posed earlier, does the current govt. has any basis to criticize the previous
govt. on defence? Judging by the numbers, the answer still remains NO.

PS: The norm is to NOT consider defence pension as part of defence budget.
Presenting the last full-fledged budget before the general elections of 2019, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley allocated Rs 4,04,365 crore (US $62.8 billion) for the Ministry of Defence (MoD). Of the MoD’s total allocations, Rs 2,79,305 crore ($43.4 billion) was earmarked for what is widely considered as India’s defence budget, and the balance was distributed between MoD (Miscellaneous) (Rs 16,206 crore) and Defence Pensions (Rs 1,08,853 crore).
https://idsa.in/issuebrief/defence-budg ... era-020218
If supposedly the new norm per you is to not to consider defence pensions as part of defence expenditure then why did you compare with WB data which always includes defence pensions of previous years all the while claiming that current year India's defence expenditure(with defence pensions excluded) is merely 1.56%?

This is the exact data i paste below what does it say ? especially about defence expenditure as a % of central budget?

Haldiram wrote:...Thus coming back to question posed earlier, does the current govt. has any basis to criticize the previous
govt. on defence? Judging by the numbers, the answer still remains NO....
Per this imbecile Haldiram only his % gdp matters and this must keep on increasing year after year as a nation keeps growing - i.e in 2006 if avg defence spending was 2.5% of GDP when India was a 1 Trillion USD economy, it must be above 2.5% of GDP even when India grows to be a 3 Trillion USD economy if it falls to anything below 2.5% then he will claim how BJP is neglecting defence while ruing those days when UPA used to feed biriyani to pakis right after 26/11 while claiming Hindu terror conspiracies against serving army officers.

Another table from a reputed source going further back,(India is at the bottom of the table)

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:12 am

I think the biggest and most obvious number that is being overlooked by the naysayers is the actual amount in dollars being allocated to defense. I dare say that it has almost doubled in the past 5 yrs. If you also consider that a significant portion of that money was not actually spent, or spent in bribes buy the previous regime (Augusta scandal is yet to be fully understood) then the UPA government does come out in a bad light.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:43 am

KL Dubey wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:06 pm
As far as I am concerned, the ideal result from this round of state elections would be:

- Retain MP, CG, and RJ.

- Help MNF topple Congis in MZ and achieve Cong-mukt NE. This is not a fantasy...MNF/NDA was in power all through the NDA-1 years and till 2007. Several INC leaders including the assembly speaker have recently defected to BJP.

- Considerably increase vote share in TG and perhaps increase seat tally at expense of INC and TDP.
Rajasthan we are told is a tough battle, but it does seem VR is closing the gap based on various reports. Today Pappu delivered a short of good length delivery, and like all classy batsman, ModiJi went on the front foot, picked up the ball on up and dispatched it through the covers. I am referring to the Bharat Mata Ki Jai barb where Pappu was trying to be too clever by half, but ModiJi cleverly twisted that counterattacked :-). Hopefully, that riles up enough voters to go for BJP. Every vote counts in a tight election.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:51 am

Guys, what the hell really went on at Bulandshahr where a cop was killed. The comical self righteous prik Sreenvisan Jain is obsessed with labeling that a terrorist act by those affiliated with BJP and wants them to admit so. I mean look at his standard formulation. There is someone accused of a heinous crimes, if he happens to first and foremost Hindu, then already there is a BJP connection. Furthermore, if he is from Bajrang Dal or Sanathan Sanstha even better. Then he will conflate that with some statement from a BJP member who tries to give a context to the crime. All this is enough for chutiyas like Sreenivasan jain to make a causal link with BJP, with ModiJi, with YogiJi and go on an orgy of accusations and vilification. There is a conspiracy theiry going around that this was a pre-meditated murder of the cop who was investigating Mohammed Ikhlaq's killing. The Ikhlaq check continues to be en-chased over and over again by thugbandhan.

But on a serious note, YogiJi should come down on however are the culprits. This was sheer barbaric mob terror, no other way to describe it. No need to give it an ideological cover.