The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Vikas
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

Post by Vikas » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:55 am

Lot of "Leaders" of the past were at the right place at the right time. Be it JLN or Rajiv or later VP & PVN or even Kejriwal. They just happen to collect the sympathy or the anguish of the ordinary voter. Can't be called leaders in the true sense.
Maybe JLN was a leader since he lead the country over a decade and had a sway over many in those years but he got lucky with SP withdrawing form the race, Jinnah not trying hard to become PM of India and Gandhi anointing him.

Kejriwal benefited due to Anna Movement while RG had the luck of Sanjay dying and Indira getting killed. Same was true for PVN else none of them would have landed up in PM throne on their own.

John Ji: Those in power delivered crumbs but for poor impoverished people of India, those crumbs looked like manna from heaven. I would accept your argument if by any twist of fate, NM doesn't form the govt again especially now that everyone has the whole world on their smart phones, Then collective shame on all of us.
As long as we are caste conscience, It will always play a part. It is the comfort zone when nothing else works otherwise Maya and Akhi would not be licking their fingers at the prospect of the alliance sweeping the poll.
Politicians would take few more election cycles to figure out that good work is the only way to electoral Moksha. BJP govts, JJ and Naveen P are good example of decent govt in the recent past.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:32 pm

Muns wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:14 am
Just really a thought on this. Doesn't being a Brahmin really come from one's quality or guna? We all have different sets of personalities and to some extent every personality has their own individual characteristics. This means that some people are just more adapted towards a life of learning while some are ultimate craftsmen or engineers. In any case I think this has been hashed multiple times before but what I really wanted to say was, Indian history itself is replete with examples of lower caste individuals who have become Maha Rishi's, through their own dedication as well as devotion.
Valmiki, Ved Vyas, Vishwamitra, Rishi Vatsa and my own personal favorite the Alwar saint Bhakta Kannapa. All of them from lower castes but recognised to be brahmins and some Maha Rishi's. Indeed they are multiple and various lists online. It's this kind of individual quality as well that leads one to different aspects of bhagawan in itself....parents are Sai devotees....yet since childhood I always felt a personal attachment to Shri Hanumanji and his life story. Hence a Hanuman Bhakt..... In any case a few thoughts to think about.
Muns ji, what you are saying is not far from what I've been saying. Vishvamitra and the other rishis you speak of started off as Kshatriyas etc but had to fulfill the conditions laid down for bharmanas before they could attain that greatness. They did not wear a Poonal, temple hop and become recognised.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:43 pm

JohnTitor wrote:If your response is that they didn't know better, then that's exactly what I'm saying - that the Indian voter is not smart. This is why democracy will never work in India because it depends on whether the majority of voters are intelligent and will ensure what is promised is delivered.
The present form of "democracy", "judiciary", "civil service" etc. are all actual copy & paste jobs done from the British schemes. Nehru-Ghandi clan just used the same system, and pretty much became the "King and Queen of India", that is all. What is really required is a form of democracy which is suited for the Indian way of life. But for that we really require people to start thinking "out of the box". US, France etc. all had such leaders who came up with a governance model which suited them.

Mean while the jobless "research scholar" (?) :roll: from JNU is contesting from Beghusarai, Bihar.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:29 pm

^^^I have to commend your patience in responding to the usual whining/pointless posts with rational replies. I am not as good as you...

I agree that what we really need is to declare and implement a 'Second Republic' which thoroughly revises the flawed model of the first republic.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:23 pm

Sachin wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:43 pm
Mean while the jobless "research scholar" (?) :roll: from JNU is contesting from Beghusarai, Bihar.
Maybe Giriraj Singh's campaign would find the following slogan useful to describe the research scholar of Begusarai: "naam se Kaanha, kaam se Kans". :mrgreen:

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:36 pm

Looks like the losers Shatrughan Sinha and Kirti Azad have been jettisoned without even a mention of their names. Good job Amit Shah!

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:44 am

Has Shatrughan finally joined Lallu's team, The man who arrested LK Advani during Rath Yatra and bragged about it. Some respect huh !!
Never understood Kirti Azad's beef with the party especially DDCA and Arun Jaitley. He is nobody without BJP support.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:24 am

Vikas wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:44 am
Has Shatrughan finally joined Lallu's team, The man who arrested LK Advani during Rath Yatra and bragged about it. Some respect huh !!
Never understood Kirti Azad's beef with the party especially DDCA and Arun Jaitley. He is nobody without BJP support.

old congressi family. Ingrained habits and habitual feeders at the public trough.

Needs to be among the rich grasslands of "cricket" administration, grazing at will and being fed regularly by eager supplicants.

same problem with bedi too.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:28 am

KL Dubey wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:23 pm
Sachin wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:43 pm
Maybe Giriraj Singh's campaign would find the following slogan useful to describe the research scholar of Begusarai: "naam se Kaanha, kaam se Kans". :mrgreen:
this guy is dangerous.

Needs to be stamped out of public life and extinguished politically so that he can never rise. Should be confined to the sidelines only.

unfortunately, he has considerable support among the unwashed commies and naxals in Begusarai

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:26 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:32 pm
Muns wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:14 am
Just really a thought on this. Doesn't being a Brahmin really come from one's quality or guna? We all have different sets of personalities and to some extent every personality has their own individual characteristics. This means that some people are just more adapted towards a life of learning while some are ultimate craftsmen or engineers. In any case I think this has been hashed multiple times before but what I really wanted to say was, Indian history itself is replete with examples of lower caste individuals who have become Maha Rishi's, through their own dedication as well as devotion.
Valmiki, Ved Vyas, Vishwamitra, Rishi Vatsa and my own personal favorite the Alwar saint Bhakta Kannapa. All of them from lower castes but recognised to be brahmins and some Maha Rishi's. Indeed they are multiple and various lists online. It's this kind of individual quality as well that leads one to different aspects of bhagawan in itself....parents are Sai devotees....yet since childhood I always felt a personal attachment to Shri Hanumanji and his life story. Hence a Hanuman Bhakt..... In any case a few thoughts to think about.
Muns ji, what you are saying is not far from what I've been saying. Vishvamitra and the other rishis you speak of started off as Kshatriyas etc but had to fulfill the conditions laid down for bharmanas before they could attain that greatness. They did not wear a Poonal, temple hop and become recognised.
Exactly, mere rituals does not a Brahmin make. I think, that it is for this reason that historically many such gurus have come about spreading the same kind of idea. None more inspiring so such as Adi Shankara... Although he was born into a Brahmin family, I do believe that the story of his life and his compositions really reformed Indian thought. To this extent, many of his disciples carry on the inspiring teaching of Vedanta. In the lineage of Guru Parampara Swami Dayananda Saraswati among others have traveled the world setting up multiple ashrams all over the world, so that such teachings are readily available online. His disciples, come from all castes, traditions worldwide including assimilating many Americans.
I think in today's world we should recognize the fact that one who can assimilate all teaching with devotion, is really a Brahmin.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:32 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH2RgOYz38M

EXCLUSIVE Song: Chunaav Ka Mahina || Rahul Ram ||

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:42 am

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 560156.cms

5 cr families times 72,000/year

3,60,000 crores.
Venezuelization of India has begun.
God, how I hope people don't buy into this bull shit.
Last edited by hanumadu on Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:00 am

Correction : its 72000 per annum not per month

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:10 am

^^^Thanks, corrected.

I hope the middle class is made fully aware that they will bear the brunt of this dole out and there will be nothing left for them.
LOL, the middle class were crying that Modi did not reduce their taxes. Wait when the congress comes to power. They will increase the taxes on the middle class and they will get nothing in return. Not even the half decent roads and railways that BJP Is just about beginning to build.

Pratyush
BGR Newbie

Post by Pratyush » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:43 pm

If I am not going to rule the country. Then I will make sure that I destroy the country. Is the philosophy of RaGa.

Modi is the last best hope for our future. If he is defeated, India is done for. As Inc no longer a political party but a mob that is intent of destroying our country.

Pratyush
BGR Newbie

Post by Pratyush » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:50 pm

hanumadu wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:10 am
^^^Thanks, corrected.

I hope the middle class is made fully aware that they will bear the brunt of this dole out and there will be nothing left for them.
LOL, the middle class were crying that Modi did not reduce their taxes. Wait when the congress comes to power. They will increase the taxes on the middle class and they will get nothing in return. Not even the half decent roads and railways that BJP Is just about beginning to build.

It's not just the middle class that will be squeezed. The entrepreneurs will be squeezed as well to an extent that it becomes impossible to do lawful business. Like in the good old days of Indira.

People will start looking at ways to hide wealth and economy will become informal again.

A master stroke if ever there was one.

I remember during the 2012 Gujarat election, Inc was offering housing for poor people. Modi succeed in beating the Inc nonetheless.

So I am hopeful that the Inc will be beaten by Modi.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:23 pm

Anand Ranganathan

Verified account

@ARanganathan72
4h4 hours ago
More
2/2 The Friedman NIT experiment was tried in the USA. It was soon discontinued as they found that it hugely disincentivised work and - this was clever and unexpected - led to families breaking up to gain more benefit. It made more sense for one poor household to become two.
27 replies 255 retweets 548 likes
22.7 lakh crore is the total govt revenues expected in 2018-19.
3.6 lakh crore is the cost of his hare brained scheme, possibly more.
That is 16% of govt revenues for this scheme alone.

There will be ghanta left for anything else.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:16 pm

Congress knows fully well that they won't fulfill those promises and can get away lying boldly. Look at K'tak's farmer loan waiver false promises. Even then they have full confidence in aam janta that they are idiots and will get fooled into this scam artist's pompous declaration. Cong will do anything to get to power.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:37 am

Is this congress's last gamble or can we say more brain dead ideas coming out of Congress before 23rd May. No wonder even potential allies have pulled back from congress. We have been seeing Congress removing poverty since 1971.
Maybe with this dole, everyone can buy a cheap farm house like Gandhi family has.
Meanwhile Bangalore South goes to a 28 year old BJP Karyakarta. AS likes to pull out the trump card. This seat was earlier occupied by Sh. Ananth Kumar for 6 straight terms but BJP lost the seat after his demise recently.
My predication is that if BJP returns to power, JDS-Congress govt will fall immediately after Ashada.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:44 am

hanumadu wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:23 pm
Anand Ranganathan

Verified account

@ARanganathan72
4h4 hours ago
More
2/2 The Friedman NIT experiment was tried in the USA. It was soon discontinued as they found that it hugely disincentivised work and - this was clever and unexpected - led to families breaking up to gain more benefit. It made more sense for one poor household to become two.
27 replies 255 retweets 548 likes
22.7 lakh crore is the total govt revenues expected in 2018-19.
3.6 lakh crore is the cost of his hare brained scheme, possibly more.
That is 16% of govt revenues for this scheme alone.

There will be ghanta left for anything else.
If we go by his Fathers statistics, Almost 3 lakh crore will fill the coffers of middle men. Imagnie the kind of money, Gandhi-Vadra family and its thugs would make in 5 years. Country can goto dogs after that for 10-12 years till people forget and the same cycle gets repeated. Forget Modi Ji, BJP, Hindu, etc., It is for our basic survival that this man and his party should be demolished.

#Abki Baar, Chawalis se Chaar

PS: Not even ghanta will be left if such a horro show is allowed to run in India.

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:04 am

This 72,000/yr freebie will be in addition to the Rs 5.34 lakh crore govt. is already distributing or will it be adjusted within the existing freebies, thus the total may go up by about 1 lakh crore instead of 3 lakh crore?

Pratyush
BGR Newbie

Post by Pratyush » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:48 am

Who cares.

This clown has no ability to execute any thing.

The implication of this plan will be to eliminate middle class and add it to the poor.

Over a period of time the 70s will look like the glory days of India.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:51 am

Haldiram wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:04 am
This 72,000/yr freebie will be in addition to the Rs 5.34 lakh crore govt. is already distributing or will it be adjusted within the existing freebies, thus the total may go up by about 1 lakh crore instead of 3 lakh crore?
Not really INC opposes Aadhar linked direct cash benefits, and in the past Govt dole, under 15K its going to prove who is eligible and who is not, plus there are single women etc, so if implemented, it will cost an additional 7.2 Lac crore a year, we will back to reducing capital expenditure on Railways, roads and bridges from current 1.2 Lac crore a year to about 11 crore a year in 2011. Interest rates on EMI , Auto loans will go up about 5% and inflation rate will spike, it will be unmitigated disaster, if INC is elected they will simply like a million promises made in the past will simply not implement it- which they are never held accountable for.

Meanwhile, Sam Pitroda has been rewarded for his pro Pakistani and anti Forces views as Congress Campaign Monitoring Committee.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:29 am

Even if Congress offered most sensible and prudent scheme, still there is no reason on earth to vote for this party.
Fortunately Congress is full of $hitheds like Pitroda and MSA and Diggy.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:48 am

Haldiram wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:04 am
Dude you are expecting clarity and diligence from congress. The intent is to obfuscate and fool the gullible poor and then loot the money once they are in power.