The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Narasimha
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

Post by Narasimha » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:58 am

KL Dubey wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:05 pm
*Ornob is on a roll at Republic TV. Intense 'bating on there. If I heard correctly, he claimed that in addition to the Balakot pigsty, two others were also hit (one near the POK "capital" of Must-suffer-bad and the other somewhere else that I couldn't catch). Is this true ? I could not find a confirmation elsewhere.
Balakot, Muzzafaranad and Charoti

rhytha
BGR Newbie

Post by rhytha » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:37 am

KL Dubey wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:08 am
Great professional job by IAF, More than 300 swine dispatched in a few minutes.

Airstrike deep inside the Pawkee reservation is a game changer, not just a repeat of last year's excellent IA operation in POK. The message is that we can pick off targets at will wherever they may be inside the reservation.

BTW the local villagers of Balakot say they heard "loud bangs"....hell YEAH. :roll: :twisted:
I find it little hard to believe 300 swines are dispatched. That's a number too high, Pakis wont aggregate all their JEM munna's in one place with such a imminent threat so close to border, ISI would have given instructions to stay away anticipating ground strike. Clown Ghaffor too mentioned this in his statement on anticipating ground attack. There are no visible signs of ambulances, coffins etc as well.

(Posting it here since i don't want to be jumped in BRF thread.) :))

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:05 am

rhytha wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:37 am
I find it little hard to believe 300 swines are dispatched.
So what would be your guess then :)?
1. No Jehadi killed.
2. Few Jehadis killed, so nothing to gloat about.
3. The surgical strike it self was a political gimmick, and did not happen :).

rhytha
BGR Newbie

Post by rhytha » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:12 am

Sachin wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:05 am
rhytha wrote:
I find it little hard to believe 300 swines are dispatched.
So what would be your guess then :)?
1. No Jehadi killed.
2. Few Jehadis killed, so nothing to gloat about.
3. The surgical strike it self was a political gimmick, and did not happen :).
Just 300 is pretty high, maybe 50-75 is my guess (take it with pinch of salt though).

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:54 pm

300- even 500 is beliavable, for the last 30 years this camp was operational and considered well beyond IAF reach without the PAF interfering. It is precisely because of this reason PAF tried hiting back today.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:06 pm

rhytha wrote:

Pakis wont aggregate all their JEM munna's in one place with such a imminent threat so close to border, ISI would have given instructions to stay away anticipating ground strike.
Well, it seems that is what they did. Pawkees thought the strike would come in POK and did not anticipate that we would strike deep inside their territory. So I believe they did concentrate lotsa pigs in one sty away from the LOC.
rhytha wrote:

There are no visible signs of ambulances, coffins etc as well.
Right...we are talking about a country that would not even take back the bodies of their own army personnel from Kargil...what to speak of JeM terrah camps which they officially claim don't exist. Is there a reason to expect a visible show of funerals ?

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:24 pm

It is seriously disgusting when TSP Foreign Minister references the joint press statement issued by our so called patriotic opposition parties. The joint press statement more or less explicitly makes it clear that they are not behind the current GoI. So they are essentially stating that current govt is rogue or kinda that effect. And most of them have the gall to come on TV debates & to try to justify their positions as usual by shouting...ack tho on these b@st@rds.

AbhishekC
BGR Newbie

Post by AbhishekC » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:55 pm

There is an interesting interplay in these events which is missed by hyperenthusiastic commentators.

The use of Air Force in foreign airspace is considered an act of war. Which is why using IAF in Pak was essentially an act of war, something that was not done even during Kargil conflict.

Pakis, as usual, miscalculated when they thought that India would conduct surgical strike in PoK, leaving terror universities in pakiland unprotected.
They probably thought that a small skirmish like the surgical strike would leave enough space for them to escalate a bit more, and this ding dong battle could be continued for some time.

Pakis thought Modi would go as far as he has, given that he cannot escalate beyond a particular point in an election year. However, the truth is given his tough guy image, he has to escalate. So that why we are in a ding dong battle, and India's escalated reaction is a foregone conclusion.

The fact both AFs have shot down each other's planes means we are already in an undeclared state of war.

He has now called the three chiefs for a meeting, so the next step will be to escalate it to the state of an open war.

When Modi refused to wear a skull cap during 2014 campaign (among other things), he avoided the mistake of Advani of appearing as a compromiser. And by attacking pakis, he has avoided the mistake of Vajpayee, who tucked his tail after giving a call for 'Aar paar ki ladayee'. He cannot, and should not, cave in now.

------

A lot will depend on what transpires in the ongoing meet between India, Russia, and China. And weakness by China at this point will mean pakistan will fold. Any obstruction by China means war between India and Pakistan.

China should probably be aware of this, but any war between India and Pakistan means the end of CPEC. And so they will probably make Pakistan eat crow. And India will show some 'softness' and participate in the CPEC. Get it?

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:24 am

AbhishekC wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:55 pm

The use of Air Force in foreign airspace is considered an act of war. Which is why using IAF in Pak was essentially an act of war, something that was not done even during Kargil conflict.

Pakis thought Modi would go as far as he has, given that he cannot escalate beyond a particular point in an election year. However, the truth is given his tough guy image, he has to escalate. So that why we are in a ding dong battle, and India's escalated reaction is a foregone conclusion.

The fact both AFs have shot down each other's planes means we are already in an undeclared state of war.

He has now called the three chiefs for a meeting, so the next step will be to escalate it to the state of an open war.

When Modi refused to wear a skull cap during 2014 campaign (among other things), he avoided the mistake of Advani of appearing as a compromiser. And by attacking pakis, he has avoided the mistake of Vajpayee, who tucked his tail after giving a call for 'Aar paar ki ladayee'. He cannot, and should not, cave in now.

A lot will depend on what transpires in the ongoing meet between India, Russia, and China. And weakness by China at this point will mean pakistan will fold. Any obstruction by China means war between India and Pakistan.

China should probably be aware of this, but any war between India and Pakistan means the end of CPEC. And so they will probably make Pakistan eat crow. And India will show some 'softness' and participate in the CPEC. Get it?
Air power was used in Kargil....including the bombing of the Muntho Dhalo supply camp. THey only said they would not cross LoC but Pakistani positions were bombed by IAF. I dont get why they expect NaMo to take a terrorist hit and keep quite. He had made that pretty clear even before he was elected. It is not just a tough-guy image, it is his actual position. And I dont know what China can make Pak do that would convince India to join CPEC. China is still busy supplying arms to Pakistan as far as I know.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:50 am

Guys, my take is that India is in this all alone. I think 'international community' has made some noises, but I don't think those noises should worry TSP too much.

Zynda, can you elaborate on what exactly TSP foreign minister said regarding thugbandhan statement? I say something from Pappu, it was more comical than anything else. All he could say was 'express anguish' at what TSP has done.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:51 am

crams wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:50 am
Guys, my take is that India is in this all alone. I think 'international community' has made some noises, but I don't think those noises should worry TSP too much.

Zynda, can you elaborate on what exactly TSP foreign minister said regarding thugbandhan statement? I say something from Pappu, it was more comical than anything else. All he could say was 'express anguish' at what TSP has done.
India being alone shouldn’t make an iota of difference. It’s a war, not a party.

I’m not sure why we expect anyone to back us. Why this fear of being alone?

la.khan
BGR Newbie

Post by la.khan » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:51 am

Zynda wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:24 pm
It is seriously disgusting when TSP Foreign Minister references the joint press statement issued by our so called patriotic opposition parties. The joint press statement more or less explicitly makes it clear that they are not behind the current GoI. So they are essentially stating that current govt is rogue or kinda that effect. And most of them have the gall to come on TV debates & to try to justify their positions as usual by shouting...ack tho on these b@st@rds.
When IAF hit Balakote, KPK, pakiland, all of our politicians, across the political spectrum, were appreciative/supportive of IAF's actions. What has NaMo/BJP done or not done, in the last 24 hours, that these clowns released a joint statement disowning support for the GoI/IAF? :facepalm: Same with terrorist attack @ Pulwama. The unity lasted barely 48 hours :roll:

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:01 am

AbhishekC wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:55 pm
There is an interesting interplay in these events which is missed by hyperenthusiastic commentators.

Pakis, as usual, miscalculated when they thought that India would conduct surgical strike in PoK, leaving terror universities in pakiland unprotected.
They probably thought that a small skirmish like the surgical strike would leave enough space for them to escalate a bit more, and this ding dong battle could be continued for some time.

------

I think you are creating “Chanakyan scenarios” where none exist.

Egged on by congoons and other opposition parties, pak tried to hurt India in an election year with a terrorist attack, to make Modi look bad. They expected a retaliatory strikes but maybe not as far inland as this.

After that, it’s just making moves to save face.

The most likely scenario is that international pressure will lead to both climbing down as India doesn’t really have the cahoonas to sustain a full scale war in an election year. And China has already abandoned pak.

The bigger question is how India will get our pilots back. My opinion is that we should keep at the punitive action as that’s the only thing they understand. We should not worry about being alone. The civizational conflict is inevitable and we should be prepared for it. For 70 years we have allowed the cancer to grow.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:15 am

So, this is gowda's gameplan??

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:23 am

Meanwhile, Yeddi's turning the air strikes political.

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/bengalu ... 195692.cms

Yes I know he claims he was misquoted and he probably was. But only a moron would talk to the media when you know your statements will be twisted. Why does he need to say that the time is favourable for BJP.

We all know this will work in BJP's favour but keep it shut for god's sake.

With morons like him, who needs enemies.

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:44 am

How do these idiots survive a single day in politics? Zero buddhi!

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:38 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:23 am
Meanwhile, Yeddi's turning the air strikes political.

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/bengalu ... 195692.cms

Yes I know he claims he was misquoted and he probably was. But only a moron would talk to the media when you know your statements will be twisted. Why does he need to say that the time is favourable for BJP.

We all know this will work in BJP's favour but keep it shut for god's sake.

With morons like him, who needs enemies.
JT you know Kannada, you decide

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 195692.cms

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:34 pm

rhytha wrote:
KL Dubey wrote:

Airstrike deep inside the Pawkee reservation is a game changer, not just a repeat of last year's excellent IA operation in POK. The message is that we can pick off targets at will wherever they may be inside the reservation.

BTW the local villagers of Balakot say they heard "loud bangs"....hell YEAH. :roll: :twisted:
I find it little hard to believe 300 swines are dispatched. That's a number too high, Pakis wont aggregate all their JEM munna's in one place with such a imminent threat so close to border, ISI would have given instructions to stay away anticipating ground strike. Clown Ghaffor too mentioned this in his statement on anticipating ground attack. There are no visible signs of ambulances, coffins etc as well.

Why do you found it hard? The town of Balakot is where in 1831 Ahmed Shah Barelvi (from Rae Bareli Sonia Gandhi's constituency) joined with afghans against Maharaja Ranjit Singh. Hari Singh Nalwa and Prince Sher Singh killed them all at Balakot. Thus in Jihadi parlance this town is "Shohdon ka town" aka "Town of Jihadi Martyrs". Jihadi visit the graves of Ahmad Shah Barelvi before embarking on their cowardly deed. The other two places that were attacked were launch holdings while Balakot with swimming pools, gun ranges, large grounds for exercise and training was premium facility for JEM and Al Qaeda terrorists about 8km from the town on top of a hill More than two dozen Fidayeen, 25+ hard core trainers, 400+ other assorted terrorists along with their ammunition, etc are destroyed!

This town inspires all JEM and Al QAeda Jihadis!

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:22 pm

chetak wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:15 am
So, this is gowda's gameplan??
Pure BS. KA has 28 seats. Even if they win 22 as he says, what will be the share of JD(S)? At most 10. BJD will have more seats than that.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:46 am

I just can”t seem to understand what happened to India in the years between the Kargil War and now. Congis and DMK are openly praising Imran Khan and carrying the “No War” banner. Disgusting.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:35 am

SSundar wrote:I just can”t seem to understand what happened to India in the years between the Kargil War and now. Congis and DMK are openly praising Imran Khan and carrying the “No War” banner. Disgusting.
God and the soldier, all men adore
In time of danger and not before
When the danger is passed and all things righted,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted
- John F Kennedy (who got it from Francis Quarles)

Kargil was the last major war the country saw, and that was nearly 20 years back. 20 years is a long time, and there could be folks who are now in the 15-18 age group who have never seen in a war in their life times. Such people have a high chance of being "peace-niks". And Congis, DMK, CPI(M), CPI are now in a full anti-India mode, because of their earlier anti-Modi mode. For them now even Indian Union's sovereignity is not a big issue, if they can get Modi (and BJP) out of the way. Congress has this tradition any ways; nation can be damned provided by the Nehru/Ghandi family gets a chance to rule.

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:50 pm

sbajwa wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:34 pm
rhytha wrote:
KL Dubey wrote:

Why do you found it hard? The town of Balakot is where in 1831 Ahmed Shah Barelvi (from Rae Bareli Sonia Gandhi's constituency) joined with afghans against Maharaja Ranjit Singh. Hari Singh Nalwa and Prince Sher Singh killed them all at Balakot. Thus in Jihadi parlance this town is "Shohdon ka town" aka "Town of Jihadi Martyrs". Jihadi visit the graves of Ahmad Shah Barelvi before embarking on their cowardly deed. The other two places that were attacked were launch holdings while Balakot with swimming pools, gun ranges, large grounds for exercise and training was premium facility for JEM and Al Qaeda terrorists about 8km from the town on top of a hill More than two dozen Fidayeen, 25+ hard core trainers, 400+ other assorted terrorists along with their ammunition, etc are destroyed!

Bajwa ji, where are you getting the 400 number from? So far GOI in its press briefing has not claimed any numbers. International press ground report from Balakot (KPK) says one person wounded, interviewed him too, no sign of any structural damage, and showed 4 pretty innocuous looking bomb craters. Two of the craters were in this wounded man wheatfield next to his house, and two other in the uninhabited wooded area.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:42 pm

Haldiram wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:50 pm
Bajwa ji, where are you getting the 400 number from? So far GOI in its press briefing has not claimed any numbers. International press ground report from Balakot (KPK) says one person wounded, interviewed him too, no sign of any structural damage, and showed 4 pretty innocuous looking bomb craters. Two of the craters were in this wounded man wheatfield next to his house, and two other in the uninhabited wooded area.
Oh is it? I thought the IAF had actually bombed our own part of Kashmir, and gathered some evidence which they have shared with GoI. So looks like they have actually entered Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK) after all. Thanks for updating my knowledge.

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:11 pm

Haldiram wrote:
sbajwa wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:34 pm
rhytha wrote:

Once again Balakot is the de-facto Mecca for the Fidayeen., It is where Jihad was started by Ahmed Barelvi to make all India a Muslim. At any given time there are more than 400+ soldiers in various stages
1. Getting aam daura (14+ days of first military training)
2. Getting khas daura (1+ month of special weapons training)
3. Bombs making training.
4. Fidayeens getting trained
5 all the handlers and their trainers.

So! 400+ is a very good estimate as this is just across the border into Khyber Pakhtunwa. This raid is akin to raid to get Bin Ladin.

Baki will parrot their lines but Balakot has been historical place for Jihadis against India and other who are against their philosophy .

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:20 am

Haldiram wrote:

Proof be damned.

You have missed the point by a country mile.

The operative point is the attack itself, and this attack has changed forever the Indo pak dynamics.

Note that the specific word "nuclear" was not mentioned by anyone this time. The utility of this bluff was called and the myth was totally demolished.

Are you denying that such an attack took place??

Are the pakis denying that such an attack took place??

WTF does it matter if a few bombs went astray??

Whose father what goes??

The pakis are desperately trying to change the narrative from the gut wrenching national humiliation of the undeniable reality of an attack that took place on sovereign paki soil by another country to divert the issue by asking for proof which is their usual, well worn, well tried, proven, tested and always available trump card.

Why do you need all these operational details anyway??

India attacked, pakis acknowledged that the attack took place, Indian planes intruded deep into paki airspace, bombs were dropped, a lesson taught. End of story.

what insignificant boxes do these infructuous details check in your narrative anyway??