The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
vishvak
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

Post by vishvak » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:16 pm

An interesting article on national award winning poet Kaifi Azami's life - from maulvi wannabi to organising (not religion related) before independence, coming to Mumbai after independence, joining communist party as lifelong member, freethinkers society to winning national awards.
poet Kaifi Azami's life
Wonder how the bollywood industry that raised such prolific writers wasn't protected from dawood gang and such international mafiaso.

arshyam
BGR Member

Post by arshyam » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:10 pm

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for sharing your observations. I am broadly in agreement..
KarthikSan wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:22 am
arshyam wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:44 pm
Gus saar, what's your reading on the ground situation in TN?
Saar, there is an undercurrent that is not obvious. While the Tamil nation types and the DK types who are in the evangelical-jehadi payroll are trying to create the appearance of an anti-Modi wave there is no real such thing given the absence of a charismatic leader to lead them. The recent killing of a true secular Hindu activist by peacefools has jolted the usually lethargic Tamil Hindu out of his/her sleep and the reaction (or lack of it )of Tamil sickulars has also given a glimpse of what is in store for the aam Hindu if UPA wins.

NM is favored for the post of PM even though state BJP is a clown car brigade. There is real anti incumbency against the ruling EPS-OPS crew but it may not be as bad in the context of national elections. EPS has handled a few things well including the recent JACTTO-GEO strike, timely doles for Pongal etc. All in all it will be a close fight but I think NM is viewed positively for the post of PM (social media propaganda not withstanding) and may be at a slight advantage. If NM makes a couple more trips to TN before the elections and if the likes of Tamilmusic and Co. don't screw up things NDA is on track to win 20-25 seats.
Yeah, I think the meme generator types have had their run and perhaps peaked too early. After the season of protests, now the average guy is suspicious of protestors' motives. This is a good thing for the incumbent govt, as their strategy of waiting it out seems to have paid off. Modi over this time hasn't committed any missteps, and fundamentally I think people recognize he is honest. So as election approaches, the NDA can capitalize on that. AIADMK getting a lion's share of seats in the alliance shows the BJP has been pragmatic and not overstretched their hand. Taking everyone along is also a good thing to do at this point.
Aditya_V wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:52 am
I think Stalin, Seeman, Director Ameer, JKLF Yasin Malik, Vaiko, INC leaders, Communists with thier Loyola college pictures, TMMK leaders and SDPI hold public meetings together.
I hope they do. It will only consolidate opinion against them. Remember Rajini's statement, "if multiple people join forces to oppose a person, who is the stronger guy?"
Sachin wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:07 am
Aditya_V wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:52 am
I think Stalin, Seeman, Director Ameer, JKLF Yasin Malik, Vaiko, INC leaders, Communists with thier Loyola college pictures, TMMK leaders and SDPI hold public meetings together.
The bolded parts/characters - sure that would also bring sad memories of the Pulwama attack and the murders of Hindu activists by the peacefools. And Congress may not join this group as that will not help them play their soft-Hindutwa card.
Pulwama has hit home hard across the country, and has had a similar effect here as well. Someone posted a tweet (here or BRF?) about an daily wage labourer donating ₹1000 to the district collector - that was not a isolated incident.
Gus wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:52 am
As you know, things are in flux now, with established leaders with proven vote bank gone.

some changes in voter groups - tamil nationalists / exceptionalists who are getting coopted into modi hate by dravidian and minority dominated media space. Seeman will lose his votebase to this.

regular people put off with Dravidian BS, minority appeasement etc and some amount of reverse polarization is happening. I was shocked at my mom using word 'sombu thookaravan for muslims' for stalin when ramalingam issue happened.
Ramalingam's murder could be the straw that broke the camel's back. The murder and the subsequent silence of the MSM and dravidian politicians have exposed their hypocrisy. Public opinion has changed - I hear similar things from people who are otherwise not very political. Stalin has lost a lot of credibility, and has come down to become one among many contenders in the opposition. At this point, let's see how the opposition alliance shapes up - I expect a lot of smaller parties demand a greater pound of flesh, given that the DMK has become a pale shadow of its past self.
Gus wrote:
caste combo of admk alliance (assuming DMDK and PT comes in as well)

- favors it in west TN - traditionally admk, and eps being from area, they start strong here.

- favors in vanniyar significant areas of north, salem, dharmapuri etc. DMDK can add to strength

- south areas of PT devendra kula vellalars. TTV will take some thevar votes, but ADMK is still in fighting position in south.

Urban northern areas and wherever minorities are significant, it will be dmk as their turnout will be higher.
PT appears generally BJP friendly, given their general outlook against the dravidian parties. Tamilisai's outreach has helped, no doubt. DMDK appears the reluctant member here, and may not settle for what's offerred(?) Though I don't think they are in a strong position to call any shots given the disaster of the last assembly election.
Gus wrote:
anti-modi propaganda fueled by "color revolution" style campaigns with neduvasal, gail, 8 lane road etc have gone stale and won't get any more votes. Kamal, Seeman and TTV may split some of that votes.
I don't think Kamal will have any effect. At best some Kejriwal style theatrics. People will vote for who can pull their weight. That's why even these Seeman types don't go beyond the low single digit vote percentage.
Gus wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:09 am
i have to say EPS has shown what a fine strategist he is. held cards close to chest. negated moves from TTV and Stalin. Used anti-bjp elements in own party to negotiate hard bargain with bjp. gave more concessions to PMK in exchange for mid terms gain in PMK strong areas - which he needs to keep the majority.

mopped up all remaining parties in a grand rainbow alliance against dmk-congress and ensured that alliance is headed by admk. gave up more seats, but made sure that they contest on admk symbol so that they cannot be broken away by bjp into separate alliances post-poll.

from a poor position after JJ death and Sasi family taking over the party, he has navigated his way to strong position inside party, strong position to have some prominence in both post 2019 central govt and continue as CM to complete the term.
EPS has grown in his role, and how! People simply wrote this govt off as some buffoons, but they showed political maturity when dealing with the incessant protests across the state till they tired themselves out. Now, the DMK and fellow travellers have no issue to cry about, and EPS is setting the agenda with the income support transfer, etc. I assume it piggybacks on the centre's subsidy support schemes, so this cash will go directly to people's accounts. TTV being a semi-credible threat ensures OPS and EPS stick together, and I suppose there is some back room play by a certain Shah to maintain this balance. Politics well played, I'd say. Genuine observers will also admit that the govt has found its mojo and is actually functioning quite well. The GIM 2019 is a case in point. So another issue that DMK cannot bring up.

arshyam
BGR Member

Post by arshyam » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:11 pm

Also Gus saar, your summary was very thorough. Much appreciated.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:32 pm

Guys, not spreading conspiracy theories, but this fire that burnt down 300+ cars at aero India, are there any reports of sabotage? I am not going to be politically correct, but make no mistake, TSP has a lot of 5th columnists in India who can wreak havoc under the cover of 'secular' and 'human rights' cacophony from the ModiJi haters. These priks will latch onto anything to show off their 'moral superiority' and tarnish ModiJi.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:47 pm

crams wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:32 pm
Guys, not spreading conspiracy theories, but this fire that burnt down 300+ cars at aero India, are there any reports of sabotage? I am not going to be politically correct, but make no mistake, TSP has a lot of 5th columnists in India who can wreak havoc under the cover of 'secular' and 'human rights' cacophony from the ModiJi haters. These priks will latch onto anything to show off their 'moral superiority' and tarnish ModiJi.
Another one in Chennai. It is likely that Pakis are showing that they can cause massive havoc in India if NaMo retaliates for Pulwama.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:20 am

Hi guys, one of the great disappointments I feel over the last couple of months has been the lack of passing of the citizenship amendment bill. In view of the huge hue and cry in the Northeast, it seems that we have allowed the bill to lapse. Even Hindus in the Northeast I feel did not really understand the bill, claiming that it is all 'politics'. Hindu Bangladeshis, could have a settled anywhere in the country and not just at the Northeast. Of course the Christian majority states I feel, fought the hardest.

Amit Shah has later come on to say that they will try and bring it back in the next session of Parliament pretty much after the elections. Something that we have tried to focus on over the last two years is how the Pakistani in the refugee population in Delhi has been surviving. We initially turned up about a year ago and did a brief interview with them. To this end we wanted to go back and see how their lives have improved over the last year. It seems that things have gotten better over the year with them getting more assistance such as solar powered lights and streetlamps.

One thing that stands out I feel is the fact that when asked how many of these Pakistani Hindus would fight for India, many of them emphatically gave a resounding yes for them as well as their children. You can find this at 6.00. Thereafter towards the end of the video another important statement where some of the Pakistani Hindus state that without Modi getting elected, Sanathan Dharm won't be the same again. Perhaps a little bit extreme but important nonetheless. I do hope that the citizenship amendment bill will be passed in the next few months.

Another update is that another journalist goes on every three days to try and just get opinion videos to counter any of the propaganda that we can from NDTV. This usually comes up on the channel as daily news segments. These are short barely edited segments without any captions either in order to produce them and get them out as fast as we can. Still a work in progress however. You can find them on the channel below. Posting them here I feel it would just take up more bandwidth.

In any case please let us know what you think, like, share and subscribe.

Pakistani Hindus say, We will fight to defend mother India!

www.india-aware.com

www.youtube.com/c/indiaaware

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:16 am

crams wrote:Guys, not spreading conspiracy theories, but this fire that burnt down 300+ cars at aero India, are there any reports of sabotage?
SSundar wrote:Another one in Chennai. It is likely that Pakis are showing that they can cause massive havoc in India if NaMo retaliates for Pulwama.
I don't actually see a Paki hand in these things. And note one key point; in incidents like these it is property damages which is being caused. It is not a very easy thing to lay the blame on the GoI and the Prime Minister for issues which have to be fixed at the Fire Brigade level, or the town's civic authority level. This is way different from terror attacks like Pulwama where uniformed personnel lost their lives. Cars come no where close to this.

These incidents of arson could be attempts for insurance frauds (Chennai case) or disgruntled elements just trying to cause damage to innocent people, to vent their frusturation. There could be members from a certain community (to paraphrase The Hindu) who may not be happy to see India taking a bold stance against Pakistan, but since they cannot cause much damage they resort to such acts of arson and vandalism.

Triank
BGR Member

Post by Triank » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:32 am

Sachin wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:48 am
Triank wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:25 am
@sachin ji, did you happen to watch the video of the thrashing of kashmiri 'students' from a yavatmal (maharashtra) college by yuva sena members (nanhi Shivsena)? felt a bit sorry for the sods :mrgreen:
Nope. Would be obliged if a video link can be shared. I did see a Paki-lover getting slapped around in a barber shop. Apparently he had abused the soldiers. But don't know if the event was after Pulwama, or some time before.
here:

also, those yuva sena members have reportedly been sacked:
https://www.freepressjournal.in/mumbai/ ... ay/1466713
Last edited by Triank on Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

Triank
BGR Member

Post by Triank » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:37 am

:lol: :facepalm: :lol:

vishvak
BGR Member

Post by vishvak » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:33 pm

Wikileaks published articles when its owners felt that US state surveillance is becoming omnipresent or something like that. The first message in above post tries just to hide terrorism by brainwashed psychos and blame non-believers who are bit more organised now under wikileaks label.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:24 am

Breaking News..
Indian Airforce Jets Pounds terror Corporate office in Pakistan
Indian Air Force fighter planes struck a Jaish-e-Mohammed terror camp across the Line of Cross in Balakot, Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa early on Tuesday morning, intelligence sources have said.
The IAF used Mirage-2000 jets with laser-guided bombs causing an estimated casualty of 200-300, the sources said.
The strike comes almost two weeks after a terror attack killed 40 CRPF troopers in Pulwama in south Kashmir that raised tensions between India and Pakistan. The suicide bombing had led to calls for punitive strikes against Pakistan for harbouring terrorists.

Terrorists are no longer safe even if they retreat 100 KM's inside Terror central.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:33 am

This is great news. This needs to continue. F*CK them up... I'm ecstatic!

Encore encore!

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:45 am

This is no surgical strike - deux.
This is Indian intent of climbing on ladder of escalation to put an end to Paki perfidy and terror.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:04 am

Agreed, but if it becomes a one off then Paki will not feel the pain. Let them follow "death by 1000 cuts", we should follow "death by 1000kg bombs"

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:22 am

Deccan Herald starts with a standard "secular" article, whining on how AIADMK is losing its sheen
The decline of Jayalalithaa’s AIADMK, courtesy BJP
nuggests...

And old-timers in the AIADMK recall several leaders of the erstwhile NDA led by A B Vajpayee waiting outside Jayalalithaa’s residence to receive the letter of support to the government.
For the first time in its history, top leaders of AIADMK including Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami and O Panneerselvam were waiting for BJP’s representative, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal, for hours together at the residence of a businessman.

And from then on, the news paper had to report on the latest strikes on PoK terror camps.
IAF strikes at Jaish camp across LoC, say reports
India confirms air strikes on militant camps inside Pak
Oppn lauds air strikes against terror targets in Pak (Okay, now that the "seculars" have endorsed it, let us move on :roll:)

la.khan
BGR Newbie

Post by la.khan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:11 am

With IAF jets striking Balakot, KPK, pakiland successfully, I hope GE2019 is in the bag for MAD/BJP/NDA :twisted: :geek:

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:22 am

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:27 am

India hits terror camps in Pok :
India has carried out air strikes on terror camps across the Line of Control on Tuesday, according to reports. At around 3:30 this morning, 12 Mirage 2000 fighter jets of the Indian Air Force dropped 1,000 kg bombs on terror camps of the Jaish-e-Mohammed, completely destroying them, news agency ANI reported quoting Air Force sources.

The strikes involving several fighter jets of the Indian Air Force successfully destroyed camps belonging to Pakistan-based terror outfits in Balakot in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, the sources said. Balakot, a town in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province in Pakistan, is about 50 km (30 miles) from the Line of Control (LoC) in Kashmir.

Union minister of Social Justice and Empowerment Thawarchand Gehlot confirmed in a tweet that Indian Air Force had conducted air strikes early on terror camps in Pakistan.
https://www.india-aware.com/featured/in ... ps-at-loc/

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:11 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdnSxwiZkd8

Hamid Mir strong analysis on Indian Air Force entering Pakistan :rotfl:

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:56 am

the best thing about modi shah is, how they not just counter the moves but also shape the options for the opponent.

pakis have to eat this. they don't have wherewithal to respond in same manner using PAF.

and if they resort to more terrorist attacks, we have just set a precedence for our response to such attacks. We can up the ante on that.

so, more escalation will only strengthen the hands of the much hated modi and no escalation also strengthens his hand.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:08 am

Great professional job by IAF, More than 300 swine dispatched in a few minutes.

Airstrike deep inside the Pawkee reservation is a game changer, not just a repeat of last year's excellent IA operation in POK. The message is that we can pick off targets at will wherever they may be inside the reservation.

BTW the local villagers of Balakot say they heard "loud bangs"....hell YEAH. :roll: :twisted:

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:26 am

Gus wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:56 am
the best thing about modi shah is, how they not just counter the moves but also shape the options for the opponent.

pakis have to eat this. they don't have wherewithal to respond in same manner using PAF.

and if they resort to more terrorist attacks, we have just set a precedence for our response to such attacks. We can up the ante on that.

so, more escalation will only strengthen the hands of the much hated modi and no escalation also strengthens his hand.
Don't be too sure.

They have to retaliate and they will do so, maybe not immediately because that is the fastest way to climb the greasy retaliatory escalation pole.

They cannot even afford a skirmish now because of their delicate and precarious financial and international pariah situation.

So, against all logic, expect something soon.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:36 am

KL Dubey wrote:Great professional job by IAF, More than 300 swine dispatched in a few minutes.
My sympathies are for the virgins/houris. 72 per dead Jehadi is no small number. 72*300 = 21600 virgins/houris is what is required in 24 hours time. Who ever is in charge of recruiting virgins/houris is going to have a long day today. I was reading a couple of Malayalam online news papers. The comments section was interesting. Majority was in very high spirits today and said GoI, IAF and IA did the right thing. Absolute silence from the commie sympathisers. And then there were also a few who try to give the standard reasons of Jehadis are Isareli conspiracy.. Ajit Doval allows terror attacks in India etc. etc.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:05 pm

*Ornob is on a roll at Republic TV. Intense 'bating on there. If I heard correctly, he claimed that in addition to the Balakot pigsty, two others were also hit (one near the POK "capital" of Must-suffer-bad and the other somewhere else that I couldn't catch). Is this true ? I could not find a confirmation elsewhere.

arshyam
BGR Member

Post by arshyam » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:39 am

Both Muzaffarabad and Bhimber (I think this was the other location) are in PoJK, which is technically Indian territory. So as such, the it is not in the foreign secretary's ambit to talk about these places. In fact, being our own territory, we don't need to talk to anybody about it, it is an internal house-cleaning matter. Hence no mention by the ForSec.

JMT and all that.