The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
JohnTitor
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:24 am

syam wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:21 am
I think JohnTitor is congress IT cell guy. Just go through his previous posts and compare them to some congress follower tweets. He makes right noises about Hinduthva and spread negativity about BJP in same breath.

I would like to know how BJP doing corruption without alerting corruption crusaders like Kejriwal. Ofcourse he can't provide details. That's how things are these days.
Since you have taken the privilege of attacking me personally, let me tell you this. I'm pretty sure I'm more Hindu than you simply because of the sort of activities I'm involved in. While most Hindus in name don't even know the essence of scriptures, my life is dedicated to it.

As far as my original post is concerned, I'm not going to allow myself to be identified. My stories are unique and identifiable. My business life requires me to meet them all. But why me, speak to any businessman and they'll tell you the same. Everything requires some elbow grease. These things aren't black and white. You are only fooling yourself if you think that way.

Beyond that, If I needed your opinion, I'd give it to you. So best keep your "thoughts" to yourself.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:31 am

please discuss ideas and events. Not people.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:33 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:24 am
Since you have taken the privilege of attacking me personally, let me tell you this. I'm pretty sure I'm more Hindu than you simply because of the sort of activities I'm involved in. While most Hindus in name don't even know the essence of scriptures, my life is dedicated to it.

As far as my original post is concerned, I'm not going to allow myself to be identified. My stories are unique and identifiable. My business life requires me to meet them all. But why me, speak to any businessman and they'll tell you the same. Everything requires some elbow grease. These things aren't black and white. You are only fooling yourself if you think that way.

Beyond that, If I needed your opinion, I'd give it to you. So best keep your "thoughts" to yourself.
It's not personal attack. You called the budget big disappointment while everyone saying it is blockbuster. You keep telling how BJP failed when it comes to Hinduthva. Now you are saying BJP is as corrupt as Congress.

Please explain yourself why you made these statements. At least give explanation on corruption statement.

Funny thing is, you call this as corruption,
But why me, speak to any businessman and they'll tell you the same. Everything requires some elbow grease. These things aren't black and white. You are only fooling yourself if you think that way.
Please tell me how this elbow greasing makes BJP corrupt.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:18 am

syam wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:33 am
It's not personal attack. You called the budget big disappointment while everyone saying it is blockbuster. You keep telling how BJP failed when it comes to Hinduthva. Now you are saying BJP is as corrupt as Congress.
I said it’s a disappointment because that’s what it is. The tax exemption only applies if your income falls below a certain threshold because it isn’t a change in tax slabs, it’s a reimbursement. Please look at the Indian economy thread in BRF. As it has been discussed in detail. But the disappointment is the fact that Jaitley should have given the tax relief last year when he could.

Also, the premise of the number of people earning more than 10lacs a year is wrong to begin with. That number is only true of people who don’t have a choice when it comes to being taxed. Businessmen have so many avenues to evade taxes that someone’s with 50 lac of income can show himself having earned only 10 lacs. And the problem with that is not just that it skews the figures but is unfair for those who cannot hide their income.
Please explain yourself why you made these statements. At least give explanation on corruption statement.

Funny thing is, you call this as corruption,
But why me, speak to any businessman and they'll tell you the same. Everything requires some elbow grease. These things aren't black and white. You are only fooling yourself if you think that way.
Please tell me how this elbow greasing makes BJP corrupt.
I will give you a simple, but recent incident. To win a tender to build a road, you need to pay about 40% of the tender value in hafta. It greases everyone from the local corporator to the sitting MLA. The profit for such a tender is about 20%. Cost of build is 40%. If the government is paying you 100 rupees for which you only use 40 rupees to build something, I would call it corruption. So as a taxpayer, it would piss you off if you are paying all this money and see nothing for it. Meanwhile, those who can hide income, do so in all sorts of creative ways (oh an I’m not talking about legal evasion) .. I’m talking about selling things in cash so you don’t need to pay tax. If you’re interested, I can get you everything from holiday packages to TVs, all off the books. Real estate, well that is open knowledge, so I need not say anything.

I am talking about having to pay bribes when you build a house because if you don’t, your house won’t be “legal”. Recently, I built a house and had to pay money to the local corporator. But elections happened and the new guy was a bjp fellow, who said, and I quote “what you paid was for the previous guy, but since you’ve already paid, I will reduce my fee”

But forget such tenders. Why don’t you open a restaurant... you will be “invited “ to the local police station to discuss whether your business is adhering to the law. Money that exchanges hands greases everyone to the top. As I said, none of this is breaking news. You just need to speak to the right people. So please, speak to local establishments. Heck even the local pani puri gadi fellow pays local bribes of 20-50 a day. Do you think the collectors do so without the blessing of higher ups?

The recent drama in the KA govt.. How do think that happened? Each MLA was offered about 150 crores. They didn’t quit because they realised congress/jds is corrupt. If that’s not corruption, I don’t know what is.

Having said all that, the quantum of corruption is significantly lower under BJP. Modi isn’t corrupt, I never said he was, but he cannot clean the system because it’s been destroyed over 70 years.
Last edited by JohnTitor on Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:30 am

Bar Council to Urge Lawyers and Kin to Vote Against BJP If Welfare Demands Are Not Met
New Delhi: The Bar Council of India, after waiting “endlessly” for the past five years since the Narendra Modi-led government was elected, has decided to take to the streets to demand better facilities for advocates and has also threatened the government to either meet the demands or bear the wrath of lawyers in the upcoming elections.

It was a congregation of 15,000 lawyers and judges held on March 1, 2014, that BCI chairman Manan Kumar Mishra hinged on as he stated that "promises made by Narendra Modi as the then CM of Gujarat seeking votes for 2014 elections have remain unfulfilled."

The BCI has now decided to bring out nationwide rallies of lawyers across India on February 12 in full dress demanding the implementation of demands.

"Lawyers all over India are struggling for proper facilities to conduct their profession. While the judges have AC rooms and digital libraries, the lawyers have to sit under trees or arrange for plastic shades. Even proper urinal facilities and libraries are a distant dream in many district and high courts,” said the BCI Chairman.

The chairman headed a joint council meeting on February 2 in New Delhi and has now decided that if the government turns a deaf ear to the issues of lawyers, then it's the votes that the government will lose.

"We have decided to urge all lawyers, their families, our clients and para legal force to refrain from voting for the BJP. Even a lawyer in a village has a lot of intellectual clout. He has the power to make an entire village vote against the saffron party. The votes would run into crores that the BJP can lose," said Mishra.

The BCI chairman said there are almost 17 lakh lawyers listed under the BCI itself.

"We kept on writing letters but all of that has been pushed to cold storage. You work for farmers, labourers and that's good. But what about us, who are sitting on roads under tree shades without access to latest libraries. Then it's us who are blamed for not delivering," said another BCI member.

The primary demands of BCI is insurance covers of up to Rs 20 lakh for lawyers and their families, mediclaim facilities, stipends for needy new entrants at the bar for a minimum Rs 10,000 per month, a scheme for old and indigent advocates, passage of the advocate protection act and infrastructural upgrade.

The chairman also stated that in case of the untimely death of an advocate below 65 years of age, the government should grant the family a sum of Rs 50 lakh.

The resolutions will be addressed to the Prime Minister and it will be handed over to the local collector with copies to Member of Parliament, district judges, state bar councils and the Bar Council of India

Pratyush
BGR Newbie

Post by Pratyush » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:08 am

Kya bakwas hai. Collegium appoints judges and sarkar must provide facilities for lawyers to have offices and library.

If a lawyer is not having any office. It is a reflection of his competence and not the failure of the state.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:29 am

https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/p ... sion-96313

PMK Man murdered in Kumbakonam for opposing conversion activities.

Pratyush
BGR Newbie

Post by Pratyush » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:42 am

Addition to my earlier post. Regarding office for lawyers. The lack of office of a lawyer is also a reflection of a lawyer's number of years of practice.

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:00 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:18 am
Please look at the Indian economy thread in BRF.
Yes. Posters discussed it and very few(the usual) said it is disappointment. I don't know how it became final judgement. Many posters are happy with the budget.
I will give you a simple, but recent incident. To win a tender to build a road, you need to pay about 40% of the tender value in hafta. It greases everyone from the local corporator to the sitting MLA. The profit for such a tender is about 20%. Cost of build is 40%. If the government is paying you 100 rupees for which you only use 40 rupees to build something, I would call it corruption. So as a taxpayer, it would piss you off if you are paying all this money and see nothing for it. Meanwhile, those who can hide income, do so in all sorts of creative ways (oh an I’m not talking about legal evasion) .. I’m talking about selling things in cash so you don’t need to pay tax. If you’re interested, I can get you everything from holiday packages to TVs, all off the books. Real estate, well that is open knowledge, so I need not say anything.
This corruption is nothing to do with Modiji government. In fact, he put many measures to reduce the corruption. If you are really against this corruption, then you should also appreciate Modiji policy against it. We had DeMo. ED cracking down on corrupt people. Surely these actions merit some appreciation.
I am talking about having to pay bribes when you build a house because if you don’t, your house won’t be “legal”. Recently, I built a house and had to pay money to the local corporator. But elections happened and the new guy was a bjp fellow, who said, and I quote “what you paid was for the previous guy, but since you’ve already paid, I will reduce my fee”
But forget such tenders. Why don’t you open a restaurant... you will be “invited “ to the local police station to discuss whether your business is adhering to the law. Money that exchanges hands greases everyone to the top. As I said, none of this is breaking news. You just need to speak to the right people. So please, speak to local establishments. Heck even the local pani puri gadi fellow pays local bribes of 20-50 a day. Do you think the collectors do so without the blessing of higher ups?
The recent drama in the KA govt.. How do think that happened? Each MLA was offered about 150 crores. They didn’t quit because they realised congress/jds is corrupt. If that’s not corruption, I don’t know what is.
:| I don't know how to respond to the above three without making it personal. May be we should mingle with right folks and prevent bad guys taking advantage of us?
Again these things have nothing to do with Modiji government . That horse trading is pretty common in Politics. You can't expect to win election and form government by being honest. It's very naive to think like that.
Having said all that, the quantum of corruption is significantly lower under BJP. Modi isn’t corrupt, I never said he was, but he cannot clean the system because it’s been destroyed over 70 years.
You are contradicting with yourself. You said they are same as congress and now you are saying they are not that corrupt. Please stick to one.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:12 am

No. You are confusing what I was implying.

I don't believe there is corruption at the top level of the Indian government. Absolutely not. I'm talking about BJP, the party. Mostly, at state level. There, corruption is present.

I'm sorry if you thought I meant Modi or central government ministers are corrupt..in fact, corruption at that level is all but eliminated. I was talking about BJP in general and at state level in particular.

And yes, my vote is for BJP. It has been so for generations (even before it was called BJP)

My wish list for the next Modi govt is to start eliminating cash.. get rid of 2k note, 200 note etc.. by 2024, the highest note we should have is 20 or 50.. cashless should be pushed relentlessly.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:14 am

Sonia Gandhi appreciates Nitin Gadkari's performance

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 882217.cms

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:42 am

please watch vdpassociates, trends are firming up for LS

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:35 pm

Gus, everything is possible in politics unless there are ideological differences. AMMK-AIADMK alliance is right now buzz not a reality yet. But it is there.

What is happening in CH? VDPassociates showing INC 10, BJP 1. I am not clear. Rest so far are on expected lines although they have been conservative with seats.. But alliance in TN, JH and MH will add many more seats. But CH is a mystery.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:04 pm

Aditya_V wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:14 am

What is Congoon strategy on this. There seems to be some method to this madness trying their level best to create a wedge between GadkariJi and ModiJi. What do they hope? That Gadkari will join Cong? :-). GandkariJi I know once told Pappu that he doesn't need Pappu's certificate, but politics being a dirty sport, is Gadkari sending any faint signals to ModiJi's haters that Congoons have got hold of and are exploiting? In any case, short of Gadkari jumping ship or become a 'rebel' like Shot gun, not sure how Gadkari benefits Pappu & co. The first signal I got about Congoon ecosystem creating this wedge was an interview Queen madam's uber slave and anglophile Lutyen heavyweight Thappad did with GadkariJi. In that interview Thappad was all effusive in praise for Gadkari and projecting him as PM should NDA fall below a certain threshold.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:39 pm

Its been Congress strategy for quite some time. They want Gadkari to be a PM instead of Modi, if BJP comes back to power.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:49 pm

This Gadkari thing is fud. May be they think he will be kind like Vajpayee who torpedoed the Bofors scam to save the family. With Modi the cases may go till the end.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:56 pm

VDPassociae predicts that Urban Naxal Kejriwal is going to win assembly elections. I think it is a combination of the slum vote and the Punjabi vote.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:03 pm

Gadkari is actually very clear and unambiguous about his support to Modi and BJP. Unfortunately he lacks the sophistication and comes out as village bumpkin/simpleton who isn't very careful about what he says. Hence his statements are cherry picked by media and are used/abused/twisted to its maximum. Otherwise he is fantastic minister. One of the high performing ministers of Modi cabinet, and a go-getter.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:20 pm

VDPassociates. WB gap has narrowed to 5%.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:21 pm

VDP is just another poll: "Numbaz from Nowheah".

Anyway, so far the poll range for Feb has been NDA 242-252.

Last month the range was NDA 225-233, not counting that Deccan Herald "poll" which was obviously a Congi supporting fraud.

In Feb 2014, the polls were at NDA 212-236.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:23 pm

VDPassociaes. NDA total 242. They were conservative with the seats. Even with their vote shares numbers should be 10-15 seats more. So it is now firming up to 250-260 seats. Only places where some anti-incumbency is JH (surprising given Raghubar Das has been performing well) and surprisingly CG (vote share not given but if they are still voting Ajit Jogi I wonder why).

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:26 pm

If they get alliances in MH, JH and TN that number should go up by 40-50 seats even with their current estimates.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:59 pm

In KL they are predicting 20% for NDA. There is show meltdown of the Left. NDA is 15% 2014, 17% 2017 to 20% now. A few more cycles of elections and a few more goof-ups like Sabarimala it will take. That is what happened in WB where they are now predicting 8% for the Left (at their peak it was more than 50% and more than 60% in TP).

Vriksh
BGR Newbie

Post by Vriksh » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:29 pm

Look after all the hype factory of the BJP, and the scorched earth policy followed by INC-Left, if Modi still comes back, he can benefit from an economic impetus or tailwind in the 2nd term. The only possible issue is a WW economic meltdown, if that occurs, the economy can take a hit but a stable GOI with sense at the head will be an exceptional one and we might even get some advantage. A Modi led 3rd term might happen then.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:30 pm

crams wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:04 pm
Aditya_V wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:14 am

What is Congoon strategy on this. There seems to be some method to this madness trying their level best to create a wedge between GadkariJi and ModiJi. What do they hope? That Gadkari will join Cong? :-). GandkariJi I know once told Pappu that he doesn't need Pappu's certificate, but politics being a dirty sport, is Gadkari sending any faint signals to ModiJi's haters that Congoons have got hold of and are exploiting? In any case, short of Gadkari jumping ship or become a 'rebel' like Shot gun, not sure how Gadkari benefits Pappu & co. The first signal I got about Congoon ecosystem creating this wedge was an interview Queen madam's uber slave and anglophile Lutyen heavyweight Thappad did with GadkariJi. In that interview Thappad was all effusive in praise for Gadkari and projecting him as PM should NDA fall below a certain threshold.
gadkari is the mafia queen's neighbor.

he grows piss fertilized vegetables in his garden which he would in his usual friendly manner share with her.

I think that he has a communal piss facility where one and all contribute their liquid might for the welfare of the gadkari community.

Once it was reported in the press that the veggies were piss fertilized, aunty stopped accepting them :)