The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Primus
Forum Moderator

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

Post by Primus » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:48 am

Snehashis wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:52 pm
The Congress Song - A Tribute to Indian National Congress :mrgreen:

Cool! Thanks for sharing.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:48 am

chetak wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:51 pm
twitter

this is level that the congis will stoop down to, starting with their "leader", blinded as he is by his vendetta politics and genetic vindictive nature
I'm saddened to see this whole episode regarding Manohar Parikkar. Rahul actions have absolutely disgusted me with regard to trying to take advantage of a sick man. There is no dearth that he will bend over to try and scream from the Congress bin, to try and create manufactured BS. Manohar Parikkar to my mind has been the best defense minister, there ever was. He was quick and efficient, and well loved by all. It is under his tenure as well that the surgical strikes took place. He saw the implementation as well of OROP.
He fast forwarded modernization on war footing including getting the ultralight howitzers from the US and giving the green light for the Arjun MK2 tanks at 118 of them.

Not just that but when BJP and Modi needed him to drop being the defense minister he ran to Goa and became chief minister again. I only wish that I had graced his presence once. In that I am quite upset to see him with an NG tube needing decompression with regards to his ongoing pancreatic cancer. Unfortunately advanced pancreatic cancer supposedly as he is diagnosed with is quite aggressive.
It would be hard to strike for all of us in the next few months as we see his progression. India could lose two defense ministers this year.

I only hope that the law of karma comes around to give Rahul a fitting reply to what I consider his most disgusting action yet. :facepalm:

Parrikarji, Keep well and know that you still embolden us all with your courage!

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:26 am

chetak wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:06 pm
this is probably the HVT that the media was shouting about.

The govt completely spooked them by rumors of preparing a long range Boeing 747 being readied to extradite someone from the Carribean.

and then they go and get this guy on the quiet.

being an Indian citizen, Rajiv Saxena will be properly interrogated and very pleasantly too.

well deserved holiday, free board and lodging, with his kindly CBI hosts, plus some tough love too, Indian style.

No one will seek "consular" access to him.
Being an Indian citizen, he is imminently eligible for a 3 AM wake-up call to SC hizzoners for bail, no? Or is he being renditioned to our version of Gitmo? Except for some juicy tidbits that will fill the Republic and Times Now nightly debates, I fail to see if he will make a real difference in 2019 outcome.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:31 am

These guys are background operators, they are the ones who move money through shell companies and Partnerships soo that the neccesary funding is given at the right place to make voters enthusiastic, Transport money are a big part of the Indian Political machinery, the people who vote on ideology are probably 20-30%, it is the money power which can transfer seats in many places.

Singapore and Dubai are Headquaters for a lot of operations within India.

madhub
BGR Newbie

Post by madhub » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:54 am

so as per Times Now-VMR opinion poll
he BJP-led National Democratic Alliance at the Centre may fall 20 seats short of the magic mark of 272 in the 543-seat Lok Sabha.
ccording to the survey, conducted between 14th January and 25th January 2019, the NDA may win 252 seats, the Congress-led UPA - 147, Others - 144. A total of 15,731 of voters were surveyed.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:44 am

This poll had SS and BJP fighting together in Maharashtra.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:29 am

Primus wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:48 am
Snehashis wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:52 pm
The Congress Song - A Tribute to Indian National Congress :mrgreen:

Cool! Thanks for sharing.
this should be shared widely on twitter and facebook. 8-)

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:49 am

what is the prognosis on parrikar?

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:52 am

something is going on in UP, this is the second poll that has given cong 12% (traditionally at 6%). Any clue?

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:10 pm

fanne wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:52 am
something is going on in UP, this is the second poll that has given cong 12% (traditionally at 6%). Any clue?

psyops.

congi media at work.

Don't take such polls to heart unless strongly corroborated by other data/sources.

priyanka vadra has been active in politics for the past 28 years per reports, ever since she first campaigned for her father at age 19.

she hasn't done any wonders since then or is she about to do so now.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:37 pm

I am seeing major euphoria on the part of ModiJi haters on twitter and Pappu media on this job loss report that "BS" India seems to have unearthed (same newspaper that have likes of Ajay Shukla, Mitali Saran as columnists)

What I find amusing is that in a dirt poor country like India, one doesn't need any stats: just a causal walk around India will tell you that people are dirt poor, even if they have jobs, many are menial etc. And this has been the case whether India was growing at 5% or current 7+% or even at its highest rate of growth. And as India develops, one needs to look at macro trends (investment into education, healthcare etc) rather than these detailed indicators that US and the west use to gauge their economic health. In fact, what is definition of a job in India? What is definition of minimum wage? Unless one has that kind of a a robust analytic infrastructure, talk of number of jobs at such detailed level is meaningless. India needs to be a developed country first.

Our Lutyen morons have borrowed western yardsticks and superimposed on India, and no surprise, just to make BJP/ModiJi look bad and give ammunition to their Pappu. No wonder BJP/ModiJi doesn't want to talk about that bogus report :-), and its exactly for the same reason that Pappu and his slaves want to Tom Tom it from roof tops. But at least on this one, I like BJP's counterattacking Pappu and referring to his Mussolini origins. One cannot take the b@stard seriously and actually have a debate.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:29 pm

Gents,

any idea whether visa mata has gone from publicly (and regally) dispensing medical visas to the pakis like she used to do earlier, to now doing it on the quiet using other handles in her ministry?? away from the public gaze, so to say,

or

is she letting the normal, procedural and legit ways take precedence when dealing with such brazen requests from sly, net savvy, grubbing and entitled pakis who are hell bent on misusing India's medical infrastructure??

these days, I don't see tweets on the paki medical visa thing ad nauseam, as I used to do earlier.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:15 pm

She is likely going to retire soon. Maybe a RS seat. She is not going to contest elections this time.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:23 pm

Supratik wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:15 pm
She is likely going to retire soon. Maybe a RS seat. She is not going to contest elections this time.
her medical condition precludes an active election campaign for the LS seat.

She has already said that she is not retiring from active politics.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:38 pm

Yes, she may continue as a RS MP but I don't see her as MEA if they win given her health condition. May be not even Jaitley.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:03 pm

It seems likely there will be a BJP-SS alliance in MH after some jostling and BJP making concessions. Next, they should try for an alliance in JH and TN.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:15 pm

Supratik wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:38 pm
Yes, she may continue as a RS MP but I don't see her as MEA if they win given her health condition. May be not even Jaitley.
she is too powerful to ignore and has huge cred with the RSS.

Her issue is the strain and stress of a dusty, lengthy and grimy election campaign out in the boondocks.

She needs a safe and clean environment due to possible infection complications post the kidney transplant.

If NDA forms the govt, its a RS seat and a cabinet post for her. She is managing the MEA quite well. She is a feared debater and the right sort to take on morons like that paki qureshi who she will easily slice and dice in any confrontation. The pakis are not comfortable with her.

She will most likely continue as the EAM, the oldies need to be accommodated too.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:19 pm

Supratik wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:03 pm
It seems likely there will be a BJP-SS alliance in MH after some jostling and BJP making concessions. Next, they should try for an alliance in JH and TN.
SS was/is fighting for the CM's chair, no matter who gets more seats.

The BJP should extinguish such expectations ruthlessly.

dnivas
BGR Newbie

Post by dnivas » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:52 pm

Interesting video by Su Swamy. he ranks Modi govt 8/10.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:07 pm

Muns wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:48 am

I'm saddened to see this whole episode regarding Manohar Parikkar. Rahul actions have absolutely disgusted me with regard to trying to take advantage of a sick man. There is no dearth that he will bend over to try and scream from the Congress bin, to try and create manufactured BS. Manohar Parikkar to my mind has been the best defense minister, there ever was. He was quick and efficient, and well loved by all. It is under his tenure as well that the surgical strikes took place. He saw the implementation as well of OROP.
He fast forwarded modernization on war footing including getting the ultralight howitzers from the US and giving the green light for the Arjun MK2 tanks at 118 of them.

Not just that but when BJP and Modi needed him to drop being the defense minister he ran to Goa and became chief minister again. I only wish that I had graced his presence once. In that I am quite upset to see him with an NG tube needing decompression with regards to his ongoing pancreatic cancer. Unfortunately advanced pancreatic cancer supposedly as he is diagnosed with is quite aggressive.
It would be hard to strike for all of us in the next few months as we see his progression. India could lose two defense ministers this year.

I only hope that the law of karma comes around to give Rahul a fitting reply to what I consider his most disgusting action yet. :facepalm:

Parrikarji, Keep well and know that you still embolden us all with your courage!
Me too. Up until now I had thought of RaGa as a not very bright politician who was lost in the campaign perhaps, not know what he was saying or doing, but basically with at least a modicum of ethics. After this it is apparent that he is as rotten as they come, with nothing but power in his mind. This was planned and executed with care, and once again, I doubt very much it was his own idea, his handlers must have thought this out, but then again, perhaps not quite so thoroughly, because the fallout is sure to hurt more than help.

What a terrible act by somebody who has aspirations to become the leader of our great nation.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:10 pm

Hmmm...that Times Now poll is a significant uptick from the Dec-Jan polls, and even after the so-called MGB is projected at 51 seats in UP.

I didn't expect an uptick so soon. Let us see what happens in Feb. All polls have vote share margin of error of 3% or more, so take them with lots of salt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_p ... l_election

In Feb 2014, these polls were firmly stuck in the 212-236 range.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_p ... nion_polls

fanne
BGR Member

Post by fanne » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:33 pm

are you comparing times poll from Dec to times poll in Jan or two different agencies? With the same agency, at least the sampling method and model is consistent. With two different agencies - it is really apple vs oranges

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:14 am

fanne wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:33 pm
are you comparing times poll from Dec to times poll in Jan or two different agencies? With the same agency, at least the sampling method and model is consistent. With two different agencies - it is really apple vs oranges
This agency did not do a LS 2019 poll earlier so I can't compare. For some of the other pollsters it would interesting to see how their own predictions are changing. Right now one can just take an overall look and see how things are changing with time.

In the previous post I was comparing the situation in 2014 versus 2019.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:58 am

KL Dubey wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:14 am
fanne wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:33 pm
This agency did not do a LS 2019 poll earlier so I can't compare. For some of the other pollsters it would interesting to see how their own predictions are changing. Right now one can just take an overall look and see how things are changing with time.

In the previous post I was comparing the situation in 2014 versus 2019.
Dubey Ji, one thing that may not have been taken into consideration, IMHO. The polarization that happened in 2014 is now firmly entrenched. Modi haters of 2014 hate him even more now because he has proven to them that he means business when he says he will not allow corruption to flourish on his watch, that he will bring the criminals to justice - including the prev. regime, that he is not going to appease the minorities etc. The pro-Modi camp of 2014 is also similarly solidly behind him, because again he has lived up to his promise of uplifting the country and running a corruption-free government. And the fence-sitters of 2014 who voted form him 'experimentally' to see if he would do a better job will also be more inclined to vote for him today than they did in 2014 - unless they have drunk the Congoon Cola in spades. Yes there are bound to be people who are turned off because he 'has not done enough for Hindus' or because he 'has not produced enough jobs', but are they stupid enough to vote for the opposition if they really are serious about India's future?

In the end it all boils down to whether the majority of the voters have liked what Modi has done so far or not. Again, IMHO, they would be more inclined to vote for him today than they did in 2014 because he was then 'unproven' and now he has shown that if anything he has the best interests of the nation at heart and does work tirelessly towards that goal.

But I may just be a dreamer........

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:24 am

Primus wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:58 am
In the end it all boils down to whether the majority of the voters have liked what Modi has done so far or not. Again, IMHO, they would be more inclined to vote for him today than they did in 2014 because he was then 'unproven' and now he has shown that if anything he has the best interests of the nation at heart and does work tirelessly towards that goal.
That is a tall assumption to make. The din of the narrative is much louder than Modi's own voice now. The ecosystem will try to keep it that way. Just when "Con Air" landed in Delhi, out comes the NSSO Job Report. The ecosystem is trying somewhat successfully to convince fence sitters that Modi is covering up a lot of failures. The fact that a sizable number of people believe that is clear when you watch many Twitter threads.