The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Muns
Forum Moderator

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

Post by Muns » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:52 am

KJo wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:09 am
George Fernandes is no more.
Sad to hear, if I remember right he presided over the introduction of the Sukhoi MKI...something I'll remember him for...

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:53 am

Great man. Transformed himself from Anti armed forces man to one of the well liked MoD. It just shows is greatness. Honest and fighter to the last drop of blood.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:25 pm

Yagnasri wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:53 am
Great man. Transformed himself from Anti armed forces man to one of the well liked MoD. It just shows is greatness. Honest and fighter to the last drop of blood.
he was finally destroyed by the personal vendetta of the mafia mata.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:13 pm

GF is a good example of how Italian Mafia can destroy a good man for life Hence more important that NM returns to power in GE.
GF was one of the more honest ones and truly a hero of Emergency period. He was tormented by congoon ecosystem for the inefficiency in the MoD system.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:24 pm

RIP. He shall be remembered for the right reasons.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:42 pm

Sorry for being sarcastic. Heard that Supreme Court is hearing a petition asking for Sanskrit hymns used as prayer in Kendriya Vidyalaya is to be stopped. Who is now really ruling this country??

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:49 pm

The C-system is now using the courts to settle scores with Hindus. This petition I think was filed by the Jamaat.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:12 pm

Guys, please take a look at this video of YogiJi and Co taking a dip at Kumbh

https://twitter.com/i/status/1090205466888568832

Reason I am posting this is to use this imagery to explain deepest fault line in Indian politics. I can imagine the Lutyen mafia seething with contempt and self-loathing at an India that they want to leave behind from their westernized ramparts in Indian metros. It explains why they so passionately detest the likes of YogiJi and ModiJi and BJP and RSS because while this imagery highlights the soul of our civilization, the Lutyens want to have nothing to do with it, and hence their embrace of anything and anyone opposed to it, even casteist thugbandhan with whom they have nothing in common except hatred of Hinduism.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:53 pm

Sachin wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:42 pm
Sorry for being sarcastic. Heard that Supreme Court is hearing a petition asking for Sanskrit hymns used as prayer in Kendriya Vidyalaya is to be stopped. Who is now really ruling this country??
very important work, saar.

News from a few days ago said that the RJB hearing was postponed again due to some judge not being available.

hizzonners really know what's important. After all, the majority can be kicked around at their will, no??

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:43 pm

Have Congoons and their najayaz aulads (SP/BSP/TMC/DMK) have always complied with Supreme Court orders? They have flouted on several occasions.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:32 pm

Guys, I see Pappu keeps launching mindless attacks on Anil Ambani. And especially after his UBI gimmick. I am just imagining what would have happened in US had some democrat or left liberal had suggested something like UBI. Republican mouthpieces and talk radio would have unleashed a barrage of counter attacks casting such a democrat as a hypocrite who is liberal with somebody else's wealth, they would have cited his personal wealth etc. Recall, attacks on Hillary.

Likewise, I wonder why some BJP rustic motormouth does not attack the wealth of the Queen madam and her progeny? I mean if Pappu can go around attacking Anil Ambani's wealth, why can't BJP attack Pappu's wealth? And cite all the scams under Congoons for 70+ years. And ask Pappu to pay for UBI through his wealth. To me that would set the Lutyen slaves of Pappu into a tizzy.

Rudradev
BGR Newbie

Post by Rudradev » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:48 pm

Why wouldn't Rahul Gandhi promise everybody a universal basic income? As someone who never actually earned a paisa in his 50-year life, he simply can't imagine why anyone else should have to.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:57 pm

twitter
#PriyankaGandhi was involved in electoral politics at 19, well before Rahul. She campaigned for father Rajiv in 1991 LS poll. In May ‘91 she & Sonia brought Rajiv’s body back to Delhi from Sriperumbudur in a special plane. Rahul was in the US. It’s now her 28th year in politics

56 replies 443 retweets 1,090 likes
Reply 56 Retweet 443 Like 1.1K

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:59 am

Rudradev wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:48 pm
Why wouldn't Rahul Gandhi promise everybody a universal basic income? As someone who never actually earned a paisa in his 50-year life, he simply can't imagine why anyone else should have to.
What are electoral promises anyway. Congress has been making promises to all and sundry since the days of MKG. Few more promises to get the throne and then conveniently Congress ecosystem can go back to raping the nation. Meanwhile no one cares to get into the details of the promises made but Lootenian crowd goes gaga since the Shahzad-e-Mulk has spoken.
If people get elected based upon some vague promise, Then I guess the joke is on the voters.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:24 am

Minorities are a solid vote base, Hindus are fickle minded voters. Besides Foreign institutional gravy train where most of children of politicans stay and holiday are open only when you take a stand working towards a post Hindu India district by district. Given that Indians could not keep away the C system or similair parties away from power for say 10 years, why would anyone bother for these "Hindu" causes. If we can white wash the C system including communists then the Hindu vote may be taken seriously. Otherwise for most politcos it is better to take a pro minority stand on the issue as they clear and steadfast and FD's in banks. Kamal Nath could mobilize 90% of one community votes in the recent election, did many fence sitters in other community bother? Most Hindus hate other Hindus, ridicule the Hindu religion but coming running only when facing some difficulty.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:50 am

Who is a real Majority in Bharat that a political party should cultivate for electoral benefits across India without worrying about any other group so as to become dominant factor in case of hung parliament ?

All Hindus: But they are divided into so many layers with no common theme to create connect
Muslims: Distributed Numbers don't help in most of the constituencies.
OBC: Huge numbers (Maybe YES)
Hindi Speakers: Yes but would offend rest of the country and no real emotional appeal
SC / ST: Same problem as Muslims. Very few pockets of influence, need help from other groups
Women / Men: Yes but what are you going to offer them which they already don't have or would benefit them
Urban Naxals: They don't Vote

Common theme is Poor who are in super Majority and that's why every Party pander to populism and singing shenanigans about helping poor. A policy decision that helps poor in Kashmir would help another Poor in Meghalaya or Lakshadweep and cherry on the cake is that they always Vote unlike lot of arm chair analysts.
Now you understand the action plan of NM. Help poor and wretched and reap benefits.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:20 am

until we bring in online voting, or at least early voting and postal votes etc - the middle class won't vote.

the majority voters in any booth are the ones who can be rounded up and dropped at booth en masse, who can stand in line in heat and dust for a few hours just for voting. these are usually the party affiliated, the small herds of caste votes, poor area voters, or minority voters.

hence modi targets caste blocs and poor voter. the wins in UP, MH etc are from putting together a delicate caste coalition of, or ex in UP, non-yadav, non-jadav dalit caste blocs that hitherto did not taste power.

a mix of upper caste, a coalition of non-dominant caste groups, poor across the sections is what modi is counting for rural areas.

totally urban areas are more vocal in SM, but small in MP constituencies - and here the "core voter" from middle class becomes important

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:56 am

An interesting development yesterday was the application by the government to the SC to release the undisputed land of the RJB (which is a huge parcel of almost 67 acres) back to the Hindus to allow construction of the mandir. This has caused severe heartburn for the opposition which is screaming foul and accusing the BJP of opportunism. Well, why not? It is time the BJP did some of the stuff that is second nature for the Congoons.

However, from what I was watching on the various debates last night, it appears to have made the Pro-mandir people ecstatic. The various analyses also suggest that this has now opened the way for the government to bring an ordinance even while the hearings on the small disputed portion are pending. I never knew that the actual part of the RJB land that is under dispute is the critical but very small area of 0.313 acre where Ram Lalla is presently housed in a tent.

I am quite sure that the SC will not acquiesce to the government's demands, because they rejected this same application twice before. But then the BJP can surely claim a moral victory and appease their support base that they really did everything for the mandir. If by some miracle the SC agrees to let this land go and the temple construction begins before election, it will guarantee a victory in UP and perhaps nationwide too.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:28 pm

Primus wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:56 am
An interesting development yesterday was the application by the government to the SC to release the undisputed land of the RJB (which is a huge parcel of almost 67 acres) back to the Hindus to allow construction of the mandir. This has caused severe heartburn for the opposition which is screaming foul and accusing the BJP of opportunism. Well, why not? It is time the BJP did some of the stuff that is second nature for the Congoons.

However, from what I was watching on the various debates last night, it appears to have made the Pro-mandir people ecstatic. The various analyses also suggest that this has now opened the way for the government to bring an ordinance even while the hearings on the small disputed portion are pending. I never knew that the actual part of the RJB land that is under dispute is the critical but very small area of 0.313 acre where Ram Lalla is presently housed in a tent.

I am quite sure that the SC will not acquiesce to the government's demands, because they rejected this same application twice before. But then the BJP can surely claim a moral victory and appease their support base that they really did everything for the mandir. If by some miracle the SC agrees to let this land go and the temple construction begins before election, it will guarantee a victory in UP and perhaps nationwide too.
It's a heads I win tails you lose sort of situation.

Well played by the BJP.

The opposition all seem to have got their langotes in a serious twist.

The BJP can spin this to their benefit, no matter what the SC says.

The SC can, however, keep postponing this until till after the elections and stymie the BJP partially at least.

This is most probably what they will do.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:51 pm

twitter

this is level that the congis will stoop down to, starting with their "leader", blinded as he is by his vendetta politics and genetic vindictive nature

Goa CM Manohar Parrikar writes to Congress President Rahul Gandhi, writes "I feel let down that you have used this visit for your petty political gains. In the 5 minutes you spent with me, neither did you mention anything about Rafale, nor did we discuss anything related to it.'

rsingh
BGR Newbie

Post by rsingh » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:00 pm

I am sure it was recorded. M Parikar Sir is not that dumb.Good Gentleman is waiting to good time to reveal the recording.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:32 pm

twitter
Deep down Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar was a truly a desi lawyer.
@Abhina_Prakash

From "Why I Killed the Mahatma, Uncovering Godse's Defence", book by @Koenraad_Elst.

Snehashis
BGR Newbie

Post by Snehashis » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:52 pm

The Congress Song - A Tribute to Indian National Congress :mrgreen:

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:06 pm

this is probably the HVT that the media was shouting about.

The govt completely spooked them by rumors of preparing a long range Boeing 747 being readied to extradite someone from the Carribean.

and then they go and get this guy on the quiet.

being an Indian citizen, Rajiv Saxena will be properly interrogated and very pleasantly too.

well deserved holiday, free board and lodging, with his kindly CBI hosts, plus some tough love too, Indian style.

No one will seek "consular" access to him.

ANI Verified account @ANI

Geeta Luthra and Prateek Yadav, lawyers of Rajiv Saxena (in picture, a co-accused in AgustaWestland case):

Rajiv Saxena was picked up by UAE state security from his residence this morning at 9:30 am (UAE time) and illegally extradited to India around 5:30pm (UAE time).

ANI Verified account @ANI 6h6 hours ago

Geeta Luthra&Prateek Yadav, lawyers of Rajiv Saxena: There were no extradition proceedings started in the UAE & he was not allowed access to his family or lawyers or essential daily medicine. He was onboarded onto a pvt jet from a private terminal at Dubai International Airport.

24 replies . 489 retweets 879 likes

@ANI

Lawyers of Rajiv Saxena (co-accused in AgustaWestland case): When his lawyers asked to speak to UAE state security & demanded to understand what happened, they were told he's on flight & can’t be stopped. When they queried this further they were told “Ask the Indian Government”.

7:08 am - 30 Jan 2019
898 Retweets 1,539 Likes Naveen Kr Pandey

and finally,

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:40 pm

Sometimes I wonder if all the dhoti-shiver is just that, exacerbated by the desperate and wishful thinking by the Congoon Media that revels in spreading FUD.

Check this out. Granted it is pretty much a captive audience as it was a youth convention in Surat, home state for Modi Ji. Yet, the passion with which his every word is received by the large gathering is very reminiscent of the events at MSG in New York and in the Wembley arena in the heady days of 2014.

If only it were a Presidential form of government, Modi Ji would win a landslide victory against any one in the opposition.

It will be largely his magic that sees the BJP across the line - if we are fortunate enough to witness that.