The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

Post by hanumadu » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:24 pm

India Today - CSDA Moof of the Nation poll.

bjp 202, nda 237
congress 97

UP, Maharashtra key for BJP. If BJP can work some magic there, it will be home.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:11 pm

It's too early. Well at least we know the base is 237, and if anything, it will be upwards as the steam gathers.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:17 pm

Republic TV - C-voter poll

NDA 233

Significant points. They are giving 51 seats to MGB in UP with just 1% diff in vote share which will be within margin of error. Some hard work by Modi-Shah and RSS and Shivpal could tilt the balance. MH needs SS alliance even if you have to give them more seats than their strength or else go with NCP. Only problem with NCP is corruption. JH will need alliance with Babulal Marandi as it is not looking good. WB is very fluid. Situation could change during elections. PJ AAP is still cutting BJP-SAD vote share. Probably Hindu Punjabis are still voting AAP as Kejriwal is from the community. Rest is touch and go and better results can be obtained by campaigning hard. They are loosing a few seats in NE due to citizenship bill (may be promise it and do it after elections). TN will need an alliance to counter the DMK-Cong alliance as AIADMK is not looking good.

Vriksh
BGR Newbie

Post by Vriksh » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:30 pm

Primus wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:24 pm
From Swarajya Magazine, Jaggi's opinion piece.

Picture does not look very good. All the things we praise Modi for may not matter if good jobs cannot be promised/delivered. Strange, people don't seem to care about whether they have electricity, toilets, gas stoves, bank accounts, healthcare etc. In other words, the basic necessities that provide a platform to build a career and a life are not important to the average poor of India. They would rather wallow in the same quagmire of poverty, living in single room jhuggis, defecating behind the mud wall where they sleep and eking out a miserable living as they have done for decades under UPA, simply to vote people from their own caste back into power once again and perpetuate their pathetic existence forever more.
I hate to say this but many Indians from many alleged "disadvantaged classes" etc display an incredible sense of entitlement, thanks to the decades of INC-LEFT brainwashing that they were hard done by so they can do anything and its now "their turn".

They expect they deserve whatever the GOI can provide and give 2 shits about how it appears as long as it does.

They will lie, cheat, steal - do everything possible to get by and enjoy themselves. Not all, but definitely a significant chunk who live by this "smartness". I have been told this on my face by many people, they laugh at people who say different. This is what Modi is up against.

As one saying (i kid you not) in the local vernacular goes, "why should i receive gifts, when i can snatch and take". In short, this is smartness. So Modi giving them freebies was their right as is their right to continue to do whatever they want for their short term desires.

There is no honesty, this attitude is very prevalent in the so-called creamy layer as well.

One lady whom I knew, was busy trying for Hah-vud et al, by fudging fake claims of caste discrimination. She didn't get through but finagled IIM-B. She is now busy scoring corporate success, having managed to score the diversity jackpot. All her life, she enjoyed reservation,so did her bureaucrat dad, her family members and was kept on a pedestal by GOI policies and her "upper caste" friends etc. Yet, she is busy ranting last I heard about racist, casteist Indians. Cent per cent INC supporter. As well heeled as they come and completely all about running down Hindus as being casteist etc.

These are the jokers our great social largesse has created. And whom the INC-Left have brainwashed into hating their fellow Hindus. They wont change easily. They take pride in being the "other".

RSS et al will take decades to change attitudes amongst such folks.

This issue is creating severe polarization.

I now also know many people from so called upper castes, so called, because who exactly can make a clean delineation between upper and lower, who are outraged, angry that their "tax money" is being used to pay off these "reservation types" while their kids struggle for seats.

A new caste divide is emerging and INC-LEFT are doing all they can to perpetuate it.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:09 pm

Vriksh wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:30 pm

This issue is creating severe polarization.

I now also know many people from so called upper castes, so called, because who exactly can make a clean delineation between upper and lower, who are outraged, angry that their "tax money" is being used to pay off these "reservation types" while their kids struggle for seats.

A new caste divide is emerging and INC-LEFT are doing all they can to perpetuate it.
It is indeed polarizing the country. Problem is no politician can dare speak the truth for it will guarantee a loss in the next election cycle. It is a bitter pill to swallow for Modi and Co., because they know they have to deal with all these freeloaders in order to pursue the larger dream.

India is a unique society with so many facets, so much diversity, so many forces trying to pull it down. It is a miracle we have survived for over a thousand years the way we have. The battle is nearing the end game, I feel, with India's destiny being writ even as we discuss this. It will either all be over in a few months or we will survive yet again with renewed hope for a glorious return to the path our forefathers dreamt of but could not reach. It will be Modi against the rest, one man standing tall against a host of greedy and unscrupulous men and women, determined to bring him down, even if they destroy the nation in the process.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:28 pm

Excellent points by Jaggi, Vriksh, and Primus. I agree for the most part that what ModiJi is fighting is a perception battle. All the litany of successes is going to mater jack shit in 2019. It has to be made a ModiJi Vs thugbandhan contest. How does ModiJi turn around the negative perception against him and BJP? I don't know. Definitely, not these bogus rallies. He should do some high-profile press conferences. Many posters here don't agree with me, but DeMo has not been the success he anticipated, but he should tell the folks that he did his best, but didn't work out. He has to convey positive messages in a brutally honest manner directly to the people and ask them for another chance to continue the good work he is doing. And of course BJP instead of pussyfooting should attack thugbandhan and dynasty head on. And like "shamshaan Vs Kabristan", some Hindu polarization wouldn't hurt.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:59 pm

Primus wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:24 pm
Picture does not look very good. All the things we praise Modi for may not matter if good jobs cannot be promised/delivered. Strange, people don't seem to care about whether they have electricity, toilets, gas stoves, bank accounts, healthcare etc. In other words, the basic necessities that provide a platform to build a career and a life are not important to the average poor of India. They would rather wallow in the same quagmire of poverty, living in single room jhuggis, defecating behind the mud wall where they sleep and eking out a miserable living as they have done for decades under UPA, simply to vote people from their own caste back into power once again and perpetuate their pathetic existence forever more.
I quote SuSwamy for the zillionth time - Governance is a necessary but not enough to get reelected. Lack of governance will be punished. Presence of governance will NOT be rewarded.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:09 am

^^No great surprises in the opinion polls. See my previous post with the Wikipedia links to track all the opinion polls in one location:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=122&p=16470#p16470

At the same time 5 years ago (Jan 2014), opinion polls gave the NDA 211-231. Whereas now the NDA baseline in Jan 2019 seems to be 225-237.

Similarly, for UP: In Jan 2014 with NO MGB or any other anti-NDA formation, the polls were giving NDA 35 seats. Now in Jan 2019, without the MGB these polls are giving NDA 59 seats.

The prediction that this will fall down to 15 seats due to the MGB formation does not make any sense, since the claimed vote shares are very close to each other.

I expect these polls to show little change all the way into April. Any uptick will be a welcome surprise.

General comment: taking a few minutes to look at the previous versus upcoming election can be useful....reduces unnecessary discussion/rona-dhona. How is it possible that NaMo is "losing the perception battle" now in Jan 2019, whereas by the same token of opinion polls he was losing it pretty badly in Jan 2014 (yet won the election) ? All these same kinds of articles and posts were there in 2014 too....

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:12 am

In line of what some people have already said here, we are our own worst enemy. We've been doing a poll on some of our Facebook groups as well. Our vote for Modi group on Facebook has over six lakh members while the India Aware official news group poll has over a lakh of their as well.

On both groups with close to over 800 votes, we got a spread of 60;40 ratio in favor of Modi.
Not really the huge distribution that we are looking for. Granted I'm sure there are some congoons that we've been trying to weed out slowly.

In line with Vriksh post Above, one has to try and figure out how can we make it more of a discomfort for Hindus who are willing to sell their family or even the country for their own success. These are Rakshashas in all but name. Throughout history from what I can see there's always been an incentive for these Hindus who at critical moments have created more harm for the nation. Who knows how many of these Hindus might have converted at the drop of a hat when times got tough?

A couple of thoughts come to mind. Constantine upon becoming Emperor of the Roman Empire simply turned off the tap when it came to funding Roman temples of the time and turned all of the funding towards churches. Muslims of course have their Jizya tax that many Indians in the past I'm sure would have converted to avoid paying the tax.

One has to think of incentives where it costs such people some kind of financial pressure if they choose to continue along these lines.
Of course in today's time it has to be quite smart to avoid the thugbandhan crying hoarse again. Then again so what did they do? The real issue is to try and convince people that it is in their better interest to be a state serving, Hindus serving and community serving person then self-serving os pseudo secular serving.

If there is some kind of financial tax law to be brought in along these lines I think you would quickly see a huge impetus for people to try and do the right thing.

Hopefully this idea doesn't sound too crazy. The last thing however is to try and create some kind of Hindu Jizya tax of course....but something along these lines I feel like could be beneficial. It is however being smart and trying to focus on a law that would uplift Hindus as a whole.

I suggest the Temple tax law. For those Hindus that support organizations as set out by the government, they would receive special tax benefit or credit. For businesses that do this they would do the same. It wouldn't harm as well to occasionally leak those who are actually donating vs those who don't. In time it would set out those who really do give a damn from those who don't.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:18 am

Muns wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:12 am
In line of what some people have already said here, we are our own worst enemy. We've been doing a poll on some of our Facebook groups as well. Our vote for Modi group on Facebook has over six lakh members while the India Aware official news group poll has over a lakh of their as well.

On both groups with close to over 800 votes, we got a spread of 60;40 ratio in favor of Modi.
Not really the huge distribution that we are looking for. Granted I'm sure there are some congoons that we've been trying to weed out slowly.
Sorry if I am missing something really important, but in a real election a 60:40 vote would be a landslide NDA victory with 350+ seats, right ?

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:42 am

For 789 votes....

KL Dubey if it is then I feel better....
Last edited by Muns on Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:43 am

KL Dubey wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:09 pm
And equally importantly, unlike NDA-1 he is not repeating the mistake of leaving the treasury full. Massive use of goremint funds for welfare schemes. By mistake even if a non-NDA goremint comes in, they won't have anything to "eat".
THAT is the saving grace in all this. He needs to go for broke in the next 1-2 months and spend that money big time.

But the middle class voters are already lost. Even if he cuts taxes drastically, they are going to discount it as an election gimmick and vote the other way. I feel that Jaitley caused it when he rubbed it in during the last budget when expectations of a tax cut were high. He said he has already done a lot for the middle class and wasn't going to give them any more. Was a pretty bad PR move.

la.khan
BGR Newbie

Post by la.khan » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:50 am

crams wrote: How does ModiJi turn around the negative perception against him and BJP? I don't know. Definitely, not these bogus rallies. He should do some high-profile press conferences.
CRamS garu, why are these rallies bogus? And, what will these press conferences accomplish? The usual suspects (a.k.a pidis) will show up and run down the government. NDTV, India Today, CNN News will bad mouth the govt. while TimesNow, RepublicTV will be pro NaMo/BJP. Same case with print media. Remember what happened with New Year's NaMo interview with Smita Prakash@ANI? These press conferences will be no different.

I think Minhaz Merchant has it right. I don't want to throw in the towel but, may be, as a country/society, we deserve 1-2 years of 20-25 party coalition government(s) :facepalm: That may help the electorate in seeing the benefits of single party government.
Muns wrote: I suggest the Temple tax law. For those Hindus that support organizations as set out by the government, they would receive special tax benefit or credit. For businesses that do this they would do the same. It wouldn't harm as well to occasionally leak those who are actually donating vs those who don't. In time it would set out those who really do give a damn from those who don't.
Muns ji, the bold part sounds good, as long the government is pro-Indic. But what happens when Cong(I)s/UPA cobbles together a coalition government? The new govt. will notify a new set of organizations, contributions to which will get special tax benefits. What if these organizations are into BIF activities ( for ex. conversions etc)?

If memory serves me right, this happened in UPA2. As part of CSR, PSUs were asked to contribute to all kinds of worthless, shady causes/organizations. One of these was Aman ki asha :))

Pratyush
BGR Newbie

Post by Pratyush » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:38 am

I am thinking. And it is never a good sign that I start thinking. But remember that Modi said, first the toilet and then the temple.

The toilet part is done. It's time for the temple. Let's see what happens.

Let's do our part with quite determination and leave nothing to chance.

Modi 2019 to 2025

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:46 am

This story is 'trending' in some wa groups,
During those final days of the collapsing Marxist experiment in the Soviet Union, Soviet novelist Chingiz Aitmatov retold the following story, which has been paraphrased here.

On one occasion, so it was narrated, Stalin called for a live chicken and proceeded to use it to make an unforgettable point before some of his henchmen. Forcefully clutching the chicken in one hand, with the other he began to systematically pluck out its feathers. As the chicken struggled in vain to escape, he continued with the painful denuding until the bird was completely stripped. “Now you watch,” Stalin said as he placed the chicken on the floor and walked away with some bread crumbs in his hand. Incredibly, the fear-crazed chicken hobbled toward him and clung to the legs of his trousers. Stalin threw a handful of grain to the bird, and it began to follow him around the room, he turned to his dumbfounded colleagues and said quietly, “This is the way to rule the people. Did you see how that chicken followed me for food, even though I had caused it such torture? People are like that chicken."
May be Indian voters are like that chicken. Short term memory and craving for immediate gains.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:06 am

la.khan wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:50 am

I think Minhaz Merchant has it right. I don't want to throw in the towel but, may be, as a country/society, we deserve 1-2 years of 20-25 party coalition government(s) :facepalm: That may help the electorate in seeing the benefits of single party government.
No he is wrong, wrong, and dead wrong. If BJP does not come back to power, you can be rest assured the thugbandhan and Congoon ecosystem will annihilate BJP. Plus the thugbandhan will dole out such freebies that it will be impossible for BJP to pick any holes. That the country will go to dogs is another matter. It will be a long, long haul.

If thugbandhan comes to power, you can be rest assured that we will see a lose confederation of "South Asian" states will be set in motion, with thugbandhan all but surrendering Kashmir valley to TSP under the guise of secularism and 'joint sovereignty' with TSP. Mark my word. USA deep state and chincoms will play the behind the scenes conductor.

Hopefully, there will be no thugbandhan.

la.khan
BGR Newbie

Post by la.khan » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:06 am

crams wrote:
la.khan wrote: I think Minhaz Merchant has it right. I don't want to throw in the towel but, may be, as a country/society, we deserve 1-2 years of 20-25 party coalition government(s) :facepalm: That may help the electorate in seeing the benefits of single party government.
No he is wrong, wrong, and dead wrong. If BJP does not come back to power, you can be rest assured the thugbandhan and Congoon ecosystem will annihilate BJP. Plus the thugbandhan will dole out such freebies that it will be impossible for BJP to pick any holes. That the country will go to dogs is another matter. It will be a long, long haul.

If thugbandhan comes to power, you can be rest assured that we will see a lose confederation of "South Asian" states will be set in motion, with thugbandhan all but surrendering Kashmir valley to TSP under the guise of secularism and 'joint sovereignty' with TSP. Mark my word. USA deep state and chincoms will play the behind the scenes conductor.

Yes, hopefully, there will be no 20-25 coalition party maha-thug-bandhan. But if it does come to fruition, they will not have time for Kashmir, as they will busy looting the country :evil: They may not have time to go after the BJP as they will be busy pulling each other down :twisted:

Sure, the country will go to dogs, pakis will feel uppity & get adventurous, sponsor terrorism all across India :evil:, Aman ki Asha will be brought back, pseudo-secularism will be in full flow, 4Ms (mullahs, missionaries, marxists, media) will be dancing on the streets naked, scamsters will be relieved that somebody pliable is in charge etc. Ugh, enough said :(

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:46 am

crams wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:06 am
la.khan wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:50 am

I agree with crams.
If Thugbhandhan comes to power even for few years, It will be horror movie of scariest order.
One cannot destroy the country just to teach a lesson to some. A single defeat by Ghori set India back by 100's of years.
We can't afford another defeat for no one knows the repercussions of such a defeat.

I still find it hard to understand why someone with no entrenched interest in Luyten would vote for Congoon system.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:59 am

la.khan wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:06 am
crams wrote:
la.khan wrote: I think Minhaz Merchant has it right. I don't want to throw in the towel but, may be, as a country/society, we deserve 1-2 years of 20-25 party coalition government(s) :facepalm: That may help the electorate in seeing the benefits of single party government.

Yes, hopefully, there will be no 20-25 coalition party maha-thug-bandhan. But if it does come to fruition, they will not have time for Kashmir, as they will busy looting the country :evil: They may not have time to go after the BJP as they will be busy pulling each other down :twisted:

Sure, the country will go to dogs, pakis will feel uppity & get adventurous, sponsor terrorism all across India :evil:, Aman ki Asha will be brought back, pseudo-secularism will be in full flow, 4Ms (mullahs, missionaries, marxists, media) will be dancing on the streets naked, scamsters will be relieved that somebody pliable is in charge etc. Ugh, enough said :(
What do bhakths like you & me know?

Why do you assume that Indian public doesn't want all these things?

There is a meme, more like an infographic which lists deaths of people in terrorist attacks in all major cities in UPA time and Modi time. Ofcourse, Modi has a big Zero on his list. So I sent it to everyone on my whatsapp list. Guess what, there were Dindus who picked holes there too. Many replied 'but what about cow lynchings / poor muslims being killed / fascism / deaths during demonetisation/ insert any lefty argument here'.

And these are educated middle class dindus. What to say of poor & entitled voter bases..

If Modi loses, this country & this civilization will deserve every bit of what will ensue.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:30 am

la.khan wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:06 am

You really think so?

Unlike BJP who can't help hindus and develop the country at the same time, the seculars can loot and pick apart the country at the same time. It's called walking and chewing gum.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:39 pm

Chinni Interest in Rahul.
The BJP’s offensive against Rahul Gandhi followed the Congress president attack on the RSS, the BJP and Prime Minister Narendra Modi during an interaction with the intellectuals in Bhubaneswar as part of the Odisha Dialogue earlier in the day. At the public meeting, Rahul Gandhi referred to his Kailash Mansarovar yatra to say that he “met a couple of Chinese ministers” during his visit to China.

Responding to a question from the audience on the state of education and job creation in India, Rahul Gandhi said, “When I had gone to Kailash, I met a couple of their ministers and they said that job creation was not a problem here. We are creating plenty of jobs. In fact, we have too many jobs.”

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:36 pm

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:55 pm

I like that BJP minister who spoke the truth, all truth, and nothing but the truth. He said Priyanka chic has good looks (European and fair skinned I might add thats the main attraction) that appeals to a lot of eunuchs in India so much so, to vote for her, but she doesn't have any governance experience.

Predictably, you have the westernized femi Nazi Bimbos jumped all over this guy for 'sexism', and BJP instead of sticking with this guy, put out that lovely but soft spoken Shaina NC begging for forgiveness. This is where I feel BJP loses the plot. I mean it is f!king true beyond a shadow of a doubt that Congoons put this Priyanka bimbo for her European looks and dynastyic roots lto attract the votes of colonized dim wits, but if BJP points that out, its sexist, and these so called "Hindu nationalists" tuck their tails and run for cover.

In fact, what is really sexist is to put a woman out there with no qualifications whatsoever, but just for her European looks to attract votes. Expecting westernized Lutyen femi Nazi Bimbos to exhibit such an IQ level and point this out is of course too much.

Look at Pappu, how he attacks RSS no holes barred.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:11 pm

Ram mandir bench reconstituted. Now we have two opposed Chandrachur and Abdul Nazeer. Other three not known on which side they are. I think it will ultimately need legislation. Should be done along with Mathura and Kashi.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:27 pm

crams wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:55 pm
I mean it is f!king true beyond a shadow of a doubt that Congoons put this Priyanka bimbo for her European looks and dynastyic roots lto attract the votes of colonized dim wits, but if BJP points that out, its sexist, and these so called "Hindu nationalists" tuck their tails and run for cover.
The thing is, it's not important whether it's true or not. You simply don't back down even if it's a lie. Rafael isn't a scam, even the secular SC said so. But that isn't stopping congoons from crying scam.

BJP like Hindus are ready to throw their own under the bus so that they can "fit in".