The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
KL Dubey
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

Post by KL Dubey » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:04 am

Sachin wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:46 am
Vriksh wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:06 am
I am all for BJP to topple the current Govt in Ka. Bunch of slackers who are literally running the state into the ground.
The way things are going, it may not happen immediately. Operation Kamala 2.0: 'Missing' MLAs start showing up. It would be better for the BJP leaders to keep their mouth shut, rather than getting one more certificate of failed Op. Kamala. Just show case this as disgruntlement within the JD(S)-Congress combo and give moral support for the dissenters. The way things are going JD(S)-Congress leaders themselves know that things are not going to be easy for them.
It is a good game so far.

- On the face, it is the BJP that has moved all its MLAs to the faraway NCR, not the Congis.

- The two guys who have withdrawn support have both clearly said in interviews that they are sick of the nonfunctioning goremint.

- The only exception is the Maharashtra BJP MLA who claimed the KA goremint will fall in a few days.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:00 pm

Vikas wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:51 am
A bunch of free loaders supporting BJP govt in KA will always demand their share of Biryani. How do you say No to them later on.
the tactic from both sides is to snag opposing MLAs.

BJP simply wants them to resign so that the effective strength of the house comes down and their superior numbers gain traction and start to become effective as the largest party crossing the halfway mark on its own.

Plus, they will have "independents" supporting the govt from outside.

IIRC, the BJP has 109 members already and needs only a few from the opposition to resign.

by polls for the resigned seats will be scheduled along with the 2019 elections which both the congis and the JDS just do not want.

vishvak
BGR Member

Post by vishvak » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:09 pm

About Sabarimala protests, there seems to be no effects on so-called activists (not anarchists in democracy) even though court has said that temple is no place for activism. When such issues are made up and dragged to courts then Hindoos may think it's minor transgression. But that has turned to tragedy and now outright farce.
Activist dyed her hair grey to look like an old woman
By the way the activist is also member of some dalit foundation as well as Renaissance something group. I was wondering what's dalit (word coined by colonial rulers) and renaissance kind of activism got to do in Kerala where people already select MPs by democratic voting.

Vriksh
BGR Newbie

Post by Vriksh » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:43 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:34 am
Agreed, but after may.

We don't want any sympathy for the goons. People, especially farmers need to experience the lack of promised freebies.. I'm happy to see them punished by their stupidity (disclaimer, I'm a kannadiga)

Moreover, Teddi is just as much a crook as everyone else. He needs to be replaced first.
Urban class is no better.

No shortage of elite @rseholes, mostly Hindu nominally, who loathe their own faith and engage in the worst kind of casteist divide and rule.

Truly, if Modi wins in 2019 and 2024 and Bhagwa Dhwaj, flows in the sky for a long while, the dismay on the faces of these wannabe Brits will be amazing.

These scumbags have walked away from their faith, and have become absolute deracinated gungadins existing for a few coins thrown from their betters. They are avaricious and take every advantage possible to get some extra silver their way.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:14 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Agreed, but after may.

We don't want any sympathy for the goons. People, especially farmers need to experience the lack of promised freebies.. I'm happy to see them punished by their stupidity (disclaimer, I'm a kannadiga)

Moreover, Teddi is just as much a crook as everyone else. He needs to be replaced first.
Yes, I agree with you JT.
BJP should just let Kumaranna Govt dodder along aimlessly for as long as possible until GE2019. People hopefully will wake up and vote for the BJP. After that, get chankyan and topple them. AS isn't stupid, I am sure he has a plan.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:31 pm

a Doordarshan driven national rerun of Mahabharat and Ramayana during prime time on TV would help handsomely at this stage.

Nothing like firing up a bit of the old civilizational pride and making people aware of their roots
Last edited by chetak on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:32 pm

KJo wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:14 pm
JohnTitor wrote:
Agreed, but after may.

BJP should just let Kumaranna Govt dodder along aimlessly for as long as possible until GE2019. People hopefully will wake up and vote for the BJP. After that, get chankyan and topple them. AS isn't stupid, I am sure he has a plan.
Based upon the last 1-2 days developments I think the plan may be to harry the sham goremint occasionally. I personally don't believe they can topple the government so soon, but the fact that this game is going on likely means that Amit Shah is in on it.

NDA strength (104 BJP + 1 KPJP + 1 independent = 106) in KA assembly is just a little short.

- If the idea is to simply reduce the house strength by resignations to reduce INC-JDS to a minority goremint, then 13 Congi MLAs would have to resign. Then there could be a no-confidence vote (very legitimate, because of non-governance).

- If the idea is to get some MLAs to switch support and temporarily form a goremint, then I guess 7 Congis would be enough.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:37 pm

KL Dubey wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:32 pm
KJo wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:14 pm
JohnTitor wrote:
Agreed, but after may.

Based upon the last 1-2 days developments I think the plan may be to harry the sham goremint occasionally. I personally don't believe they can topple the government so soon, but the fact that this game is going on likely means that Amit Shah is in on it.

NDA strength (104 BJP + 1 KPJP + 1 independent = 106) in KA assembly is just a little short.

- If the idea is to simply reduce the house strength by resignations to reduce INC-JDS to a minority goremint, then 13 Congi MLAs would have to resign. Then there could be a no-confidence vote (very legitimate, because of non-governance).

- If the idea is to get some MLAs to switch support and temporarily form a goremint, then I guess 7 Congis would be enough.
A few MLAs moving across the aisle to join the opposition is unworkable because of the anti defection laws, so engineered resignations is the way to go.

This is essentially a double edged sword and can cut both ways

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:55 am

Guys, forget all the economic indicators and such, but what worries me more about BJP at the moment is the health of stalwarts. I just read a news item that JaitlyJi is serouls ill once again (some kind of aggressive cancer) and has rushed to US for treatment. Manohar parrikarJi is pretty much gone. Also read reports that Ravi Shankar Prasad is in the hospital for some nasal/pulmonary issues, and last but not the least, Amit Shah has admitted in the hospital for Swine Flu. Very troubling.

Meanwhile, the relentless attacks from the Lutyen brigade continue unabated. Take for e.g., some award that was conferred to ModiJi. Didn't follow much of it except that Pappu & his slaves are on a mocking spree against ModiJi for celebrating an award nobody has heard of. Then there is that turn coat Rupa Subramanya given space in WP to heap a barrage of attacks against ModiJi. Most amusing was her claim that DeMo was don't to placate ModiJi's Hindi nationalist cultural base. Never heard of that till now. I take her somewhat seriously because Mohandas Pai whose twitter line I follow, calls her a 'brilliant mind' :-).

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:03 am

RLD haggling on its price

What is RLD led by Ajit Singh, a glorified family plateform to extract money from political parties in return of 1-2 MP support.
I find it hard to believe that people still would vote for such family run business with no hope of future. RLD in its most glorified form is another JDS or NCP with no ideology or extended support base. Just pure business venture masquerading as Political party.
Must be hurting Ajit Singh now that he is out of any Govt since last many years hence no way of making money directly.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:14 am

crams wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:55 am
Guys, forget all the economic indicators and such, but what worries me more about BJP at the moment is the health of stalwarts. I just read a news item that JaitlyJi is serouls ill once again (some kind of aggressive cancer) and has rushed to US for treatment. Manohar parrikarJi is pretty much gone. Also read reports that Ravi Shankar Prasad is in the hospital for some nasal/pulmonary issues, and last but not the least, Amit Shah has admitted in the hospital for Swine Flu. Very troubling.
Swine flu H1N1 is not that serious...Shah will be back in action in a few days. Jaitley had a kidney transplant last year and is apparently going for a routine checkup related to that. Parrikar is indeed fighting a battle....hope he wins. As for Prasad he probably got himself admitted to AIIMS feeling that he might be getting a heart attack...seems OK now.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:39 am

KL Dubey wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:14 am
Jaitley had a kidney transplant last year and is apparently going for a routine checkup related to that.
No DubeyJi, Jaitly's case is more serious than that. He does have some kind of aggressive cancer.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:00 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GyT9dqHxLk

Dr. Subramanian Swamy on Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi becoming Prime Minister

vinod
BGR Newbie

Post by vinod » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:20 am

crams wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:55 am
Yes. This is a serious issue. They will be able to manage 2019 somehow but after that it will deteriorate further. We need young fresh blood who can step up soon.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:44 pm

I am more concerned about the health and welfare of the Big Guy. Everyone else except perhaps YA and AS can be replaced. We all know they want him out of the way and how! That is my real worry.

Granted the other major team players are ailing, including Sushma Swaraj, but there is still plenty of young blood, Gadkari and Goyal are in robust health. At least they did not bring turncoats like Shourie into anything important, despite his loud demands. I am sure BJP has already identified successors in key areas.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:35 pm

Looks like it is going to be a low key campaign in 2019. Mostly Modi rallies and getting the vote out. Not much media blitz.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:54 pm

crams wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:39 am
KL Dubey wrote:
Jaitley had a kidney transplant last year and is apparently going for a routine checkup related to that.
No DubeyJi, Jaitly's case is more serious than that. He does have some kind of aggressive cancer.
You're right, I shoulda googled first.

Snehashis
BGR Newbie

Post by Snehashis » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:11 pm

Rahul Gandhi's UAE Visit: Photoshopped Images Go Viral

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:08 am

Seems to be a #BlowToModi day. And don't know how much of this is believable.
1. Ajit Doval's son's hedge fund in Cayman Islands was set up 13 days after .... By the way, one of the partners in this fund is Lulu Group
2. Modi’s decision to buy 36 Rafales shot the price of each jet up by 41%
Big increase in price came because a deal bypassing mandated procedures and made in the face of official objections resulted in €1.3 billion ‘non-recurring’ cost attributed to the ‘Design and Development’ of 13 India Specific Enhancements being spread over 36 instead of 126 aircraft

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:45 am

if BRF members with far more information than mango get muddled up on Rafael then think of aam abduls. Congress knows it is complicated deal so lets muddy water. Thanks to past perception defence deal= corruption = Bofors
they don't have to rise but drag Modi down .

pls follow this thread for rebuttal on Hindu's hit job

https://twitter.com/Iyervval/status/1086142417055764483

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:47 am

KL Dubey wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:54 pm
crams wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:39 am
KL Dubey wrote:
You're right, I shoulda googled first.
not true he is fine .

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:01 pm

https://youtu.be/mb92ZWzBWME

Rafale Deal - Nitin Gupta 'Rivaldo' explains - Genius of Rahul Gandhi

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:06 pm

Sachin wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:08 am
Seems to be a #BlowToModi day. And don't know how much of this is believable.
1. Ajit Doval's son's hedge fund in Cayman Islands was set up 13 days after .... By the way, one of the partners in this fund is Lulu Group
2. Modi’s decision to buy 36 Rafales shot the price of each jet up by 41%
Big increase in price came because a deal bypassing mandated procedures and made in the face of official objections resulted in €1.3 billion ‘non-recurring’ cost attributed to the ‘Design and Development’ of 13 India Specific Enhancements being spread over 36 instead of 126 aircraft
‘Design and Development’ of 13 India Specific Enhancements of €1.3 billion ‘non-recurring’ cost will be the same whether you order 1, 36, 126, 500 or 3000 aircraft.

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:42 am

Questions which the article does not answer

1) Euro 1.3 Billion, non recurring cost, every cost has soem variable component , its erroneous to think it will be on Euro 1.3 Billion for a 126 plane order

2) NOw the 2nd most thing, entering into 126 aircraft order would have meant a possibly Euro 20 Billion plus contract , plus interest cost as opposed to say Euro 7.9 Billion, more weapons, PBA for higher spares, more training , infrastructure etc. plus interest, say a measly 150K crore more payment from 2019-25. How does this genius and cronies supporting this argument come up with this additional funding, they will contribute selling their houses and cars?

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:47 pm

Congress to launch Harvest TV through its proxies.

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/with-bark ... epublic-tv