The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Raj Malhotra
BGR Newbie

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

Post by Raj Malhotra » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:12 am

Congress is trying to create a vote bank of

Muslims + Christians + Brahmins + dissatisfied Middle class, traders, UC + fragments of Dalits, STs. Some OBCs through alliances.

In principle this is a formidable vote bank as Congress is poaching on BJP vote bank while retaining its own Minority votes intact and getting OBCs through alliances.

Problem for BJP is not Modi Vs Rahul but Modi vs Anti Modi.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:43 am

Raj Malhotra wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:12 am

Muslims + Christians + Brahmins + dissatisfied Middle class, traders, UC + fragments of Dalits, STs. Some OBCs through alliances.

In principle this is a formidable vote bank as Congress is poaching on BJP vote bank while retaining its own Minority votes intact and getting OBCs through alliances.

You have added everyone in the mix ? Who is then left to vote for BJP ?
Problem with BGR forum is that either stuff is overhyped or results in lungi shivering. There are no middle ground anywhere.

You have nailed it right that its not a battle between NM and RG but NM and Not NM. Rahul just happens to be trying to occupy that Not-NM space.
Personally it will be black day if NM is not crowned PM of India once again in 2019.

darshhan
BGR Newbie

Post by darshhan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:37 am

Haldiram wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:18 pm
All this suggestions of banning or targetting TV channels is bad idea. It will lead to a culture of vendetta banning/targeting every time the govt. changes and in democracies govt. does change after 1 term or 2 term.
This culture of vendetta is already there. Since no one is able to stop it, so why not join it instead. As it is Hindus are being accused daily of being intolerant. So why not become intolerant too.

Infact one of the major challenges for hinduism this century would be to become intolerant especially with respect to ideologies who don't respect other viewpoints. To challenge them successfully Hindus will have to increase their intolerance levels manifold.

darshhan
BGR Newbie

Post by darshhan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:42 am

Haldiram wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:14 pm
Vriksh wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:47 am
Simple rule.

If Haldiram opposes something, 9 times out of 10, it is good for Indians and Hindus.

Use that & simplify decisions.

Curbing press freedom is good for India and HIndus?

And you are thekedar of Indians and Hindus
? Speak for yourself.
Yes he is the thekedar of hindus. Why you got any problems with that?

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:33 am

Vikas wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:43 am
Raj Malhotra wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:12 am

You have added everyone in the mix ? Who is then left to vote for BJP ?
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Exactly what came to my mind when I read his post.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:26 pm

Sheikh Hasina has won the Bdesh election. If Modi comes back in 2019 I will like to see a deal for deportation of illegals.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:21 pm

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:51 pm

I reiterate my request for a Quarantine/Whiners thread. Habitual trolls can be immediately restricted to posting only on that thread, as an first step before banning.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:45 am

https://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-p ... ls-2702822

PM Narendra Modi to visit all 120+ constituencies that BJP lost in 2014 polls

He has 4 months, 120 days.
If he tours 90 days, the can cover around 250 rallies. May be more.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:22 am

So bottom line is that BJP needs to create another opposition party to occupy the space that Congress is currently occupying else congress will never go out of fashion.
In mano-a-mano contest, There is always a chance that Congress might prevail.
In state after state like Punjab, UK,HP, HY, GJ,RJ,MP.CG,KL,GO, There is no force other than congress opposing BJP.
If I was to advice BJP, It would be to create a new opposition in these states even if that meant sponsoring a big time politician from Congress like Jogi or Pilot or Scindia or Amrinder to start their own party.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:31 am

A noob question: What is it that Congress does for Muslims that BJP would not do if Muslims would vote for BJP. We have seen how BJP too acts like 'Ek-haaath me-kuran, dosre haath me <blah blah>' when it comes to minority appeasing.
Would not it make more sense for Muslims to hedge their bets and some of them vote for BJP and also make noise about it. This would lead to more "Seculaization" of BJP within 1-2 election cycles.
Easiest strategy would be to let Shia cult vote for BJP while Sunni vote for Congress. It isn't like BJP is doing any grave injustice or horrors to Muslims anyways.
Vote once for BJP to prove your creed and then ask for all sorts of favors next time. Why let this perception grow that Parties can win just by Hindu consolidation like it happened in UP.
They could get 2 separate countries out of India and still hold rest of leftover India to ransom so there must be something about their voting powers.

So what gives ?

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:05 am

While Nehru and his clan was always soft towards Muslims e.g. apart from convincing Muslims to stay back personally Nehru had the Hindu/Sikh/Jain personal laws modernized but the Muslim ones were not touched - it was not so blatant before. The brainwashing of the Congress started from Indira's time as she became more and more dependent on the left for survival when history and social studies were used to manipulate the narrative. It became blatant after RJB when they lost the key states of UP/Bihar. Now Muslims/Christians and some hard Congress families (mainly UC), some SCs form the core vote bank of the Congress. The others get added for various reasons. Even then the Congress is now in play in only about 220-230 seats - half of total. So there has been a definite decline with it getting decimated in many states of the country. The next to go will probably be TG.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:14 am

govt clearly knows more in agusta than they are letting on

they have managed the info release / leaks etc such that it is drip drip and it has taken rafale completely out of news cycle..

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:22 am

I am still not seeing a campaign blitz from BJP like 2014. Dhoti shiver.

la.khan
BGR Newbie

Post by la.khan » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:22 am

Vikas wrote:They could get 2 separate countries out of India and still hold rest of leftover India to ransom so there must be something about their voting powers.
There is nothing special about RoP/RoL voting powers. This is something about us Dharmics - too tolerant, too indulgent, too divided, too lazy to get off our b*tts and defend our faith. We simply can't see past our caste :facepalm:

Personal observation: It is the season of Ayyappa puja and I see people with Ayyappa dress/mala participate in these pujas with great enthusiasm and gusto. While I feel happy to see young & old participate in the rituals, one thing bugs me: why is that this fervour does NOT get translated into votes for BJP? It's not like we have multiple political parties that espouse causes of us Dharmics. We have ONE political party and we Hindus have difficulty getting behind it :))

There is a certain amount of stupidity ingrained in the Hindu DNA and RoP/RoL take full advantage of it :evil:

syam
BGR Member

Post by syam » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:53 am

The problem is, no one bothers with the party itself. They just want result and if some thing is not upto their fancy, they immediately start demonising every thing.

How many of us actually joined BJP and worked within the framework? May be that would qualify as genuine disappointment if the party doesn't live up to our expectations. The problem with Hindu organisations is, there is no workforce on the ground to do anything.

It's not like BJP does nepotism like other parties. I seriously think, we lack the adventurous spirit. Too much dothi shivering or shrill outrage. We need to explore the social structures and see how we can benefit from them.

I am looking at you Hari Sheldon. Please go to UP and work with yogi on the ground. He has another 3 and half years left in his term. Plenty of time to do something big. You should build yogi sena if you really love him like you are saying on other thread. These forums and threads will dust away with time. Not a good thing if we invest all our energy at one place.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:37 am

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:13 am

Supratik wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:26 pm
Sheikh Hasina has won the Bdesh election. If Modi comes back in 2019 I will like to see a deal for deportation of illegals.
That will not happen, rather look at how Latvia Treats Russian speakers or other illegals, there is a price to pay for voting 50 years of INC, best you can hope for is denying voting rights and land ownership rights. They should voluntary encouraged to migrate.

gablu
BGR Newbie

Post by gablu » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:05 am

Due to year end meet-ups and reunions I got chance to interact with few people. It seems middle class private sector employees are not very happy due to immediate impact of Modi’s efforts at bringing structural changes for long term benefit. I felt middle class wants to see real benefits now and are getting impatient. One person said to me that who told Modi to clean up everything in 5 years. Quite strange!!

I think Modi needs to pass on some tangible benefit to middle class before next elections. One thing I can think of is lowering income tax rates.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:13 am

la.khan wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:22 am
While I feel happy to see young & old participate in the rituals, one thing bugs me: why is that this fervour does NOT get translated into votes for BJP? It's not like we have multiple political parties that espouse causes of us Dharmics. We have ONE political party and we Hindus have difficulty getting behind it :))

There is a certain amount of stupidity ingrained in the Hindu DNA and RoP/RoL take full advantage of it :evil:
1. Hindus are truly secular - it is fairly disgusting for a well-groomed Hindu to mix religion and politics. Even BJP has a clear distinction between technocrats such as Piyush Goyal and Hindutva advocates such as SuSwamy.

2. Hindus do not see BJP as their party. It is still a North Indian upper caste party for most South Indians.

3. No, it is not in our DNA. The moment a Hindu becomes a Christian or Muslim, they establish themselves as a more aggressive evangelizer than a born Christian or Muslim. DNA is not the problem. Tolerance is in+built in the Hindu belief. To lose it, you would have to lose Hinduism.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:10 pm

PM Modi interview. Ram mandir ordinance only after judicial process is over.

https://www.livemint.com/Politics/PQS5A ... -2019.html

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:12 pm

Supratik wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:10 pm
PM Modi interview. Ram mandir ordinance only after judicial process is over.

https://www.livemint.com/Politics/PQS5A ... -2019.html
Modi also says that urjit patel wanted to resign for personal reasons six months before the time he actually resigned.

So, there was no political pressure as alleged by the commies, congoons and the urban naxals + sold out presstitutes.

The wildly swinging, one of four deputy govs of the RBI, viral acharya had a hidden agenda in publicizing all sorts of rubbish but keeping quiet about urjit patel's long pending resignation letter.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:07 pm

Church-Communist Joint Venture: Over A Lakh Christians To Join Kerala Government-Sponsored ‘Women Wall’ For Sabarimala Entry

Church-Communist Joint Venture: Over A Lakh Christians To Join Kerala Government-Sponsored ‘Women Wall’ For Sabarimala Entry

Dec 31 2018,

When the opposition parties and prominent social leaders have slammed the Kerala government-sponsored ‘Women Wall’, the Jacobite Syrian Church has expressed its support to the same, reports The New Indian Express.

When political commentators across the country alleged the move to be an ideologically motivated gesture which would cause communal polarisation, the open support of a Christian faction is being seen as giving credibility to the allegations.

The Church’s decision to support the wall also has a political undercurrent. The move comes at a time when the Malankara Orthodox faction which supported the LDF during the previous assembly election, has now shown signs of a rift after the Piravom church fiasco.

In a blow to the Orthodox Church, Supreme Court had ordered status quo at the church under the control of Jacobite Syrian Church. Reports suggest that Jacobite support for the Women Wall is in return of the communist government's favourable intervention in the Piravom church issue against other denominational group, not a commitment to gender equality.

There had also been allegations against Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan for his selective haste in implementing the Supreme Court verdicts. While his government was hell-bent on ensuring entry of young women in Sabarimala, the police refused to enforce the Supreme Court verdict on Piravom church issue.

“We hope nearly one lakh Jacobite women will take part in the Women’s Wall ,” Fr Varghese Kallappara, the Jacobite Church’s former official spokesperson was quoted saying by TNIE.

However, the Malankara Orthodox Church has addressed its grievance to the Chief Minister and also requested the support of the Central government in implementing the Supreme Court verdict in favour of them.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:03 pm

Love this quote from ModiJi interview to ANI

https://twitter.com/PMOIndia

PMO India

Verified account

@PMOIndia
4h4 hours ago
More
I belong to non-elite sections of society and I am proud of that.

I have not won over the Lutyens sections. And I do not even want to be a part of this section because my background is different.

For me, everything is about the people of India: PM @narendramodi

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:08 pm

There is a possibility that the alliance with the SS in MH may not happen as it is demanding more than its strength and the BJP may go with the NCP.