The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Vikas
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

Post by Vikas » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:42 am

Is the narrative 'Don't go after the corrupt lest they get sympathy' still carries weight ?
Are we all not fed up with corrupt politicians and would not mind throwing few of them under the bus for our own sadistic pleasure.

madhub
BGR Newbie

Post by madhub » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:37 am

Did Ramdas Athawale Drop Hint About Modi's 2019 Masterplan With His 'Rs 15 Lakh' Claim?
In response to a query on Narendra Modi’s poll promise in 2014 on black money stashed abroad, Athawale said people will get Rs 15 lakh each in their bank accounts 'slowly'.
even if it is true. modi should kick out this man.

Triank
BGR Member

Post by Triank » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:38 am

Dumal wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:17 am
Triank wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:03 am
the chinese gandhi pup has now roared - "we'll not let Modi ji sleep till he waives off the loans of all farmers across India!"
Have to admit, the Con's offensive moves are on the mark! Whether it is blowing up non-issues like Rafale or using these farm-loan waivers or hot-buttons like "lynchings" to magnify differences and splitting the support base, their execution is very effective. A lot of credit must go to their internal and external consultants - remember pappu's long vacations every few months - and the investments they have put in.

For any chance of prevailing against such an offensive - and it will only get worse over the coming months - one would hope AS has done enough homework and has some aces up his sleeve.
and apparently, a passive-active-passive opponent makes it all the more easier for them. time to revive the IT cell the BJP so non-chalantly disbanded post-2014!

Triank
BGR Member

Post by Triank » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:49 am

Sunny wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:19 pm
Don't BJP leaders communicate with each other or even think before they act?

On the same day that Jaitley and others raised the Kamal Nath/1984 issue Shivraj Singh Chouhan at the swearing in ceremony does this:

Sure there's no need to be a bad loser and sulk but why go so far and give your opponents a photo op like this?
yeah. mamaji is an emotional mama; or if he's shrewd, perhaps he's cosying up to the PappuMutra drunkard(s) so that it helps in the cases that will be raked/manufactured against his admin now? *perhaps*?!

(btw, is that you sunny paaji?!)

Triank
BGR Member

Post by Triank » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:52 am

please bookmark this article! show/read/share it to the NOTA-lotas.

What has Modi done for Hindus? Well, here is the list

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:25 am

Triank wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:52 am
please bookmark this article! show/read/share it to the NOTA-lotas.
This may not get much traction, IMHO ;) . Because looks like what the Hindus (core, non-core) voters wanted was a government which would allow all their corrupt practises to get continued, while that of the other religions would be stopped. Stopping funding for foreign NGOs was all fine, but then forcing a "poor trader from Marwar/RJ" to pay his tax dues was some thing really bad. A few acts of intimidation of non-Hindu religious groups may also have been an "icing on the cake".

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:04 pm

Mort Walker wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:45 am
From Dr. Praveen Patil:
Just 1.8% swing in MP & Rajasthan would have changed the outcome.
In Gujarat, 1.3% swing would have given 25 additional seats to BJP.
In Karnataka, 0.6% swing would have won a majority.

In effect, some 8-10 lakh votes have changed the entire narrative in the run up to 2019!
With all due respect, if Pravin Patil is to be believed, then you must also believe that the magnificent Tappan Zee bridge connecting Northern jersey to upstate NY over the Hudson river will be sold pretty soon to the highest bidder.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:20 pm

A casual perusal of Pappu media yesterday showed that a lot of his mouthpieces and media slaves were either effusive in the praise of their Lord over farm loan waiver or even while sounding critical, did equal equal with BJP. Now here is another counter from NITI Ayyog Vice chair, but this will have no chance of convincing the millions of farmers who have turned to Pappu

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-ne ... SrNHJ.html

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:39 pm

Get Shivpal Yadav party to contest in UP. Give them a few easy seats to win. Even if they dent 4-5% vote overall that should be enough to win a large number of seats.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:15 pm

BJP wins HY municipal corporation election.

https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... s-5500001/

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:27 pm

Damn...you beat me on this one.

However, there's a point to be noted: Haryana Election Commission had decided to treat NOTA option as a 'fictional candidate', making it must for winning candidates to secure more votes than those cast for NOTA.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:57 pm

How can the harayana election commission create a separate rule ? Shouldn't all election rules be made at a central level?

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:37 pm

Nitish has used this strategy effectively in BH.

https://www.timesnownews.com/india/arti ... ses/333365

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:48 pm

Next step should be reservations for mahadalits in UP to get Mayawati's non-Jatav vote.

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:05 pm

Schmidt wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:37 am
NaMo thundered in the Lok Sabha against the MNREGA and mocked Congress - then turned around and INCREASED the outlays for the same scheme
Great.😀.when did this happen? This just what needs to be done😀. Looks like Namo is ahead of BGF here.👍. We were just finding this out in only the last week after elections. Announce More benefits for all. There is still 4 months time.

changing mindsets for 500-700 million people, calcified over a generation's timeframe will take more than a single election cycle (ie 4 years actually) to change. In retrospect this should have been obvious.

chinmayanand
BGR Newbie

Post by chinmayanand » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:35 pm

Jaitley admits death of 4 people during demonetization.
No study done on its impact.

Modi thought full majority means full experiment , do as you like.
No planning , no after thoughts , just a cruel decision to win UP elections.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:38 pm

2019 is not just any election. Its nothing short of war as AS had pointed it out recently. It's civilization at stake. Winning matters the most, even if economy takes brunt of it. If people want doles, so be it.

chinmayanand
BGR Newbie

Post by chinmayanand » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:50 pm

2019 is going to be a BIG loss for Modi & company.
Today, Aaj tak reported announcement of SP and BSP alliance on Mayawati birthday as per it's sources.

If this happens , BJP will struggle to get even 20 seats.
Forward castes will either abstain , choose NOTA or many will go with thug bandhan. BJP may get only 20% of votes .

Thug bandhan will get 100 percent dalit, muslim and yadav votes.
Small business owners to vote against BJP in full steam. Many OBC leaders looking for excuse to walk out of alliance with BJP.

In 2014, Modi promised to bring back black money which junta thought of secular politicians but Modi being a pure politician, did not touch anybody except the common man and small business owners. His advice of opening pakauda shop has hit home. Along with BJP MLAs now MPs too should start looking for location for their pakada shop.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:16 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:05 pm

I’m not sure whether you are trolling or you genuinely don’t understand my point.

Simply put, my point is that the voter does not think like people on this forum and some of things I have stated are things raised by people during my interactions with them. I am not justifying whether the points raised by them are legitimate or not, there’s no point having that discussion here because I am not trying to convince anyone here.

So yes, I want people here to “see the light” (your words, not mine) in the sense, understand the ground speak.

My point exactly, you don’t live in India and therefore are not able to understand what people are thinking. Talking to your relatives and sending a donation while better than nothing isn’t enough to get a sense of things nor make a major difference. You can pat yourself on the back and claim that I am b!tching, but guess what, I have a right to do so because I have to deal with what people vote for.

My family and that of my wife have voted for bjp long before it was even called bjp. You don’t need to preach to the choir. I work closely with the rss and deal with the state party .. moreover my loyalty lies with Hinduism before it does to the country or party. One of the reasons for returning to India was this. For the record, I was born and brought up outside India and can return to my country of birth anytime I wish.
I don't really care for any of your intellectual points nor for your opinions about NRIs and people sitting in faraway AC rooms....absolutely juvenile stuff.

Like I said before, let us assume that you have the best sense possible for the mood of the electorate. So what now? In your entire pontification I still don't see a single actionable item for anyone here that will be helpful over the next few months.

Don't tell me your desires of what PM Modi should do. It would be absolutely silly of you to keep pontificating on your desired Government of India policy prescriptions, since PM and his office are not reading BGR. I have read your same drone-like posts saying the same thing all over again. This is old hat. So what now ?

Allow me to spoon-feed you a little:

- Are you suggesting we should tell everyone how much Modi has fawked up, but still recommend vote for him ? (sounds dumb to me)

- Are you suggesting we should not vote for Modi ? (be honest!)

- If none of the above, what the birds-and-bees are you suggesting we (as in you, I, and others on BGR) should do between now and April 2019 to help ensure NDA-III ? Is there anything more productive we should do instead of waste time on BGR "understanding you", "agreeing with you", or "debating you" ?

Take it from me: if you really want NDA and Modi to come back in 2019, the stupidest thing you could do is to be overly critical in public. It achieves absolutely nothing. You should criticize in venues where it will have an impact. This is a no-brainer. Since I assume you have a brain, I must attribute your posts to either a total lack of maturity or a more sinister agenda.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:56 pm

Why did BJP let RLSP go? Now RLSP is threatening to leave.
Bihar is one state where NDA can wipe the floor clean. While Nitish and BJP might together be enough to win most of the seats, allying with the other two smaller parties would have completely shut out MGB. Also these parties stood by BJP when Nitish left.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:15 pm

chinmayanand wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:50 pm
Today, Aaj tak reported announcement of SP and BSP alliance on Mayawati birthday as per it's sources.

Forward castes will either abstain , choose NOTA or many will go with thug bandhan. BJP may get only 20% of votes .

Small business owners to vote against BJP in full steam. Many OBC leaders looking for excuse to walk out of alliance with BJP.

In 2014, Modi promised to bring back black money which junta thought of secular politicians but Modi being a pure politician, did not touch anybody except the common man and small business owners. His advice of opening pakauda shop has hit home. Along with BJP MLAs now MPs too should start looking for location for their pakada shop.
AAPtard spotted!

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:48 pm

chinmayanand wrote:
2019 is going to be a BIG WIN for Modi & company.

If this happens , BJP will ......... 20 seats.
Forward castes will ......thug bandhan. BJP may ......only 90% of votes .
chinmayanand ji....
what do you think of poster Vikas' very patient and detailed explanation for your 5 (or 10) things that Modi promised but did not do ; it is in the previous page. :) In your list was Vadra, UCC, cleaning Ganga, RJB, ityadi. Vikas saab took the trouble to gently explain why some things take more than 4 years....kya kehtein hai AAP....I mean, aap. :D

Please dont mind me, but I did ask you this question before- what achievement of congress are you proud of in the 2009-2014 timeframe (or 2005-2014 timeframe if you want). Dhanwaad.

KLPDubey saab,
please go eazy on the 'sinister' and related comments. I think these pages are not read a whole lot (it has a much smaller footprint than BRF) so I dont know that people posting energetically and vigorously arguing their positions have any effect beyond these pages, frankly. And for this reason, I believe that people mean what they post here (without any agenda- but then you have the odd case like chinmayanand, haldiram urf chola bature, ityadi and you go WTF.....why are they spending time here :shock: ). If you have a reason to believe that it does get wider publicity than what I understand it to be, please let me know....am genuinely curious.

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:06 pm

chinmayanand wrote:

Upper caste have no option than to vote for BJP, where else they will go? They may not vote in as large numbers as they did in 2014, there will be some attrition, but by and large they will still vote for BJP. Problem is in UP Yadav+Dalits+Muslims is a formidable coalition in terms of numbers, so if they vote as a block then they are almost impossible to beat.
So your estimate of BJP winning about 20 sounds about right, unless of course BJP is successful in changing the narrative between now and election time.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:02 am

Dubey, I'm choosing not to respond to your post beyond this because it is clear at this point that you are trolling. The answers to the questions you have posed, are in my previous posts.

In summary:
Lower income taxes
Increase subsidies
Farm waivers
A few openly "Hindu" items (even if it is shot down by the courts), such as what Yogi is doing
Crack down on a few corrupt biggies (though it may be too late for that)

Nothing new, but they need to win the perception battle. There's no point being fiscally responsible at this point, especially if you are likely to pose. BJP should open the purse and go for broke. If you cared to read my previous posts, you would have known that I said this. My point was more around changing perceptions than the actual implementation, whatever it takes.

For instance, in my last visit to UP a few weeks ago, people were perceiving Yogi to be getting things done (some in favour, some not). But they all feel he is acting. The same was felt about Modi before he became PM and therefore people voted en-masse. While we do know that Modi has done (probably) more than all previous PMs put together, his "go it alone" (without media support) and "my work will speak for itself" attitude has led to the perception that he's done little for the common man. The fact that no Biggie saw the inside of a jail cell doesn't help either.

But instead of reading and responding to the argument you choose to make it a personal matter, so you are either intellectually dim or have an agenda yourself.

Again, because it seems abundantly clear that you don't get it, my point is he needs to be seen to be getting things done more than he néeds to get things done.

BTW, how's convincing your relatives in Gawd awful country going? (Honest question) My estimate is that Hindus now only constitute 40-50% of the state ... That means in a few generations, they will become a minority. What are their plans ? Do they see it coming?

Aditya_V
BGR Member

Post by Aditya_V » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:48 am

I somehow believe Diesel Prices were the key, this affects rural India a lot and I feel the INC gambled away 25-30K worth of INR to get suppress the rupee artificially by 4-5Rs, just transferring Dollars to relatives abroad i.e through Private companies for inflated Import prices and inflated services. I hope they have given away which are thier companies which do this and cannot be repeated again before the General Elections. See the rupee movement from June 2018 and something is not right here.

NRI groups favorable to BJP could work to make sure remittances via required savings to India, For Real estate Investment, Share investment are done to give the RBI some maneuvering.

I have feeling this is the reason why Patel was asked to resign, like Rajan he was a UPA appointee who was their long term hidden player.

Thats why the taxmen are now going against these Angel investors who seem to have played a part in election cash mobilization.
Last edited by Aditya_V on Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.