The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Gus
Forum Moderator

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by Gus » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:01 am

several mimbos spotted in the video.. :lol:

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:49 am

Not agreeing with someone's allegations is alright but why call names. It takes lot of strength to come out against sexual harassment in India.
I don't believe that TD has any agenda otherwise there were better targets than a fading side actor like NP. Why not accuse Salman or Ranbir for better results.
Even Tejpal and Pachauri hide behind the fact that it is your word against mine.

Does anyone know where TD was for last 10 years and what did she do during these years ?

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:26 am

Try google.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:51 am

Vikas wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:49 am
Not agreeing with someone's allegations is alright but why call names. It takes lot of strength to come out against sexual harassment in India.
I don't believe that TD has any agenda otherwise there were better targets than a fading side actor like NP. Why not accuse Salman or Ranbir for better results.
Even Tejpal and Pachauri hide behind the fact that it is your word against mine.

Does anyone know where TD was for last 10 years and what did she do during these years ?
Because she would not get any traction with such high value celebrities. That is how the system works in India, plus those two are not on any leftist radar. Bollywood is run by agencies that are fundamentally inimical to Hinduism and India's larger interests. Why do you think there was no outcry in Bhaiwood against Salman for his 'blackbuck adventure'? Was that less of a crime?

Again, if she is accusing Vivek Agnihotri now, it is highly likely that he was the intended target all along. She is a has-been, faded actress who has now become fat, from what I've seen in recent photos. What better way to get into the limelight?

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:31 pm

Primus Ji, When should we take allegations of sexual harassment seriously? There will be always side stories about the accuser, does it make the allegations any less serious.
Sri Reddy of Telgu movies did not get any traction by her allegations and I don't think TD is going to bag any movie or TV serial after such allegations so guess 15 min of fame is not her target.
As far Vivek Agnihotri, I think he got into unintended firing line for he has not been accused of sexual harassment, Just an demand by director which I am sure is common during movie making. He wasn't acting fresh with her.

Why is it so hard to accept that NP misbehaved with her. I have seen even decent family men doing it and in public.
Bhai-wood is exactly my point. To expect Bhai-wood pampered stars to come in your support is next to impossible unless it is about some anti-Hindu cause. So She started with this handicap and opened herself to abuse, threats and character-assassination.

PS: Calling her fat or has-been again is shaming someone into silence.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:36 pm

Primus wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:51 am
Again, if she is accusing Vivek Agnihotri now, it is highly likely that he was the intended target all along. She is a has-been, faded actress who has now become fat, from what I've seen in recent photos. What better way to get into the limelight?
I am sure there are plenty of substantial charges to make against her without physical attributes.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:41 pm

Supratik wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:26 am
Try google.
So here is what I found
.."A tonsured head and several kilos later, a wary Tanushree stumbled upon peace in a non-descript monastery in Ladakh, which earmarked her return to life and normalcy. Today she’s a great deal lighter — having shed not only several pounds but also her befuddled ideologies. “I’ve finally found my faith in Christianity,” she says pointing to the crucifix on the wall. “I prefer the dead (saints) over the live,” she smiles. Ready to take another go in films, a world she hastily renounced she believes, “I’m supposed to do something. That’s why I’ve returned.” In her words..."

I hope we are not against her due to the highlighted portion.

later: How does one get US Green Card in 2 years while people like us slog for so many years as bonded labor before Immigration dept posts the elusive card to us ?

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:46 pm

Farmers agitation in Delhi, Who is running this show. Why we all know but who is pulling the strings ?

Why are farmers, Bar&Bench, Journalists and Politicians treated as holy cow in this country.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:48 pm

It was a small show. They reached an agreement with govt. Will peter out. Farmers are nearly half of population. So every political party has to be seen on the side of farmers.

Raju
BGR Newbie

Post by Raju » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:57 pm

Vikas wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:49 am
first she took sanyas, donned saffron robes and went to nepal, and then got disillusioned and went to USA where she was struggling to get jobs and converted to baptist or pentecostal christianity. As per Rakhi Sawant TD was doing drugs (dope) in USA and her manager in USA praful goradia used to enquire from all & sundry in USA to give her a job or an accomodation where she could board for a few days.

Now she has come back to India after 10 years and says she has a green card and needs to be in USA for 6 months and she will also take up citizenship which she is eligible for shortly.

She says NP and Film associations threatened her similiarly even 10 years ago but didn't even send her a legal notice (which in her words is just a letter written by a lawyer which one is bound to respond within specified period of time viz 40 days failing which you can be taken to court and lawsuit initiated against you), and even today they are again threatening to send a legal notice once again.

NP used hia influence with then newly formed MNS (raj thackeray gang) to intimidate her by sending a few party goondas at the sets who smashed up her car while she and her parents were sitting inside. What saved her life as per her was some SP or Commisioner of police was watching TV during his dinner at that time and he saw what was happeng at the sets of TD NP movie and called up nearest police station to go to those sets immidiately and quell the mob. Only after the police came and picked up MNS mobsters was TD able to leave the sets in her damaged, punctured and shattered car with her parents.

To me Nana Patekar looked like a dark and petty character for inflicting such indignities on a 21 or 23 yr-old girl (which TD age then) and she also had no godfathers in industry and neither belonged to any filmy family. My suspiscion is NP is complicit in some way and thus the stony silence on his part and he will never file any lawsuit or defamation against TD. Only people speaking on behalf of NP are voluble types who are not part of his inner circle nor closely aquainted with his past.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:09 pm

Hmmm...looks like both sides are murky. A failed, disturbed actress and goony character actor. I believe NP personal life was also disturbed.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:23 pm

India Today is doing a poll survey. It seems in UP Yogi is doing good. High ratings of 48% as CM. Also vast majority of FCs and OBCs are with Modi. He now has to get a chunk of dalit votes in UP.

Raju
BGR Newbie

Post by Raju » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:33 pm

there are alot of quirks regarding cinema stars and movie artists in particular and artists in general. First they wear their emotions on their sleeves and that is how they are able to emote instantly on demand at film set or any occasion. But this can also have a dark side when predatory characters who are into movies similarly flick between dark and angelic sides at drop of hat.

By all reports NP was/is incredibly well behaved with actors and actresses that came from filmy families and other senior actors. His dark side seemed to be reserved for fresh entries and outsiders who hold no influence in bollywood circles and depend on goodwill & reco of seniors like NP to bag their next project.

these are typical predatory characteristics that NP exhibits.

As to why TD came with these accusations now, it is possible she is acting on behalf of her newfound benefactors in USA who may have also helped her to get a green card. Isn't it surprising that media have taken up this case in such a big way under pretext of Indian 'me too' campaign. Who sent them the brief to follow this story in such a big way ?

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:53 pm

Gus wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:03 pm
that's the thing..some folks hide behind the (possibly real) issue of Nana Patekar harrassment, and shoot at Vivek Agnihotri.

on the other side, if this is against casting couch and harassment, then it has to be across the board and that would include many actors who are closer to the liberandu crowd as well.

We've seen tejpal and pachauri who were professed liberals blah blah and were still sexual predators.
This issue is far more common than most people think.

It happens virtually in every office.

Ladies like the danger and get attracted to the flame which is generally the power structure.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:05 pm

Vikas wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:41 pm
Supratik wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:26 am
Try google.
So here is what I found
.."A tonsured head and several kilos later, a wary Tanushree stumbled upon peace in a non-descript monastery in Ladakh, which earmarked her return to life and normalcy. Today she’s a great deal lighter — having shed not only several pounds but also her befuddled ideologies. “I’ve finally found my faith in Christianity,” she says pointing to the crucifix on the wall. “I prefer the dead (saints) over the live,” she smiles. Ready to take another go in films, a world she hastily renounced she believes, “I’m supposed to do something. That’s why I’ve returned.” In her words..."

I hope we are not against her due to the highlighted portion.

later: How does one get US Green Card in 2 years while people like us slog for so many years as bonded labor before Immigration dept posts the elusive card to us ?
US Green Card

Isn't there a separate category for "artists"??

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:46 pm

O1 and EB1 probably. That'll be around 2 years or under.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:03 pm

That is for outstanding category mainly Ph.Ds (EB1) or with exceptional CVs (O1).

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:18 pm

Brothelwood is a tight incestous club where everybody backs another one. Every single newcomer has to compromise in some or the other way. Especially if you are part of an established group of actors like SRK, Salman, NP, they practically command any woman to sleep with them. It's easy sex just as how money, wine flow like rivers. From outside nobody can guess or imagine the murky side of b'wood. It's only when there's some fall-out, only then mango-man realizes "Oh Really?!". What really is outrageous is not the episode in itself but the ignorance of aam-janta who visualize the movie actors as larger than life demigods. If NP is being demonized, then why not bring out all the filth and name-and-shame the bigger ones? Nana Pateker is a small fry in b'wood. I actually have zero sympathies or don't feel a thing of women getting used in B'wood. It's their choice afterall, nobody is forcing them to sleep. We have grown up with certain value set where kids who aspired to become actor/actresses was feigned upon. It was always considered as immoral industry since the beginning.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:41 pm

Supratik wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:03 pm
That is for outstanding category mainly Ph.Ds (EB1) or with exceptional CVs (O1).
nope..applies to arts as well.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:54 pm

Oh. OK. What about reccos? Do artists also need reccos? Or is it sufficient if they have done some art?

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:20 pm

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:25 pm

Supratik wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:54 pm
Oh. OK. What about reccos? Do artists also need reccos? Or is it sufficient if they have done some art?
don't know requirements and how its vetted etc ..all i know is artists, athletes etc can do the o1-eb1 route.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:31 pm

There are huge rallies taken out by women in Kerala against the SC ruling on Sabarimala. Kerala folks, will this last? Is it enough to force SC to overturn the decision?

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:37 pm

hanumadu wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:31 pm
There are huge rallies taken out by women in Kerala against the SC ruling on Sabarimala. Kerala folks, will this last? Is it enough to force SC to overturn the decision?
let us hope that this is the beginning of some sort of consolidation for 2019

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:42 pm

Vikas wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:31 pm
Why is it so hard to accept that NP misbehaved with her.
Vikas, you seem convinced that NP misbehaved with her. Do you have any extra information that the rest of us do not have? On what basis are you so convinced and accepting?

Or is it that you are accepting it just because is a woman making the allegations so it has to be true?