The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
vishvak
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by vishvak » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:53 pm

So one allegation and we are, as usual, going for self-flagellation without much thoughts on international interference (political/religious/monetory) - on what - film industry etc. Why not wait for proper investigation.

On the other hand, look at all the evidence for cases like Janmasthan temple at Ayodhya (RJB case).

Now the women of Kerala has taken out rallies, not to forget dissenting judgement by a lady judge, it should make a case for introspection. Are we to be governed by rules taken from countries who have ruled us (colonials with bloody exclusivist history) or are exclusive (countries with exclusive religions) to begin with? Why not study rules from countries like, say, Japan or Bali as well.

It is funny how Hindu women from state of Kerala has come out on streets to make a point that highest court has prolly missed. The devataa and devotees aren't coming in the way of #apeTheWestWithoutAThought crowd.

This is prolly right time to make a stand on stopping political interference in temples as well.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:54 pm

Back to pure politics again..
1) Assembly polls: Maya dumps Cong in MP, Rajasthan. So looks like in RJ if BJP still lose, it is clearly because of the "excellent ruling" by the incumbent govt. (Raje et.al)
2) Karnataka cabinet: Cong aspirants pile pressure. The JD(S) and M/s Humble Farmer & sons seems to have become mere rubber stamps with the government now being de-facto a Congress government :lol:.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:50 pm

Supratik wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:01 pm
BJP should do with Sabarimala what it did with jallikattu. Bring in ordinance/law. This will give it some traction in KL.
jallikattu state ordinance worked because the relevant law was in concurrent list so state can pass ordinance and center can approve it and standing SC judgment was irrelevant and could not be used to get a stay order (like what the activists did for ordinance the center brought before).

not sure if the issue here can follow that route..

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:50 pm

and even then bjp cannot do anything here on KL state ordinance..it has to be the CPM.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:07 pm

If it requires a state ordinance all the better. Can be a political pitch for BJP in KL and force the hand of CPIM after lying low for sometime till the issue dies down in the rest of India. After all the BJP and CPIM are competing for the same vote-bank.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:38 pm

Sachin wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:54 pm
Back to pure politics again..
1) Assembly polls: Maya dumps Cong in MP, Rajasthan.
Not unexpected. Behen has calculated that there is no chance of dislodging the BJP in MP and CG, so has decided to play "vote katua" for 2018.

This will particularly bite Congis in the UP border districts of MP and in CG where additionally the ex-Congi Ajit Jogi will be taking Congi votes.

In RJ, the BSP doesn't have much vote share (something like 4%) but it is still good that it is not going to the Congis. I expect BJP will still win RJ.

Behen is hoping that Congis will be thrashed in 2018 and will come back with a better seat sharing offer for GE 2019, particularly in UP.

The dynamics in UP (BSP/SP/Congis), and the interesting realignments going on in three southern states (TG, TN, and AP), are probably the most interesting questions of GE 2019 at the moment.

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:05 pm

Raju wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:41 am
TD was 23 when she was harassed and hounded out of the 'industry'. What guile or crying wolf can a 23-yr old girl have (kindly do not give zaira wasim or saas-bahu serial examples). When I was 23 I did not know where electricity came from and was trying to figure out how exactly people had hex without any sense of shame.

Sorry, but maybe you had delayed milestones? Several of my classmates had completed their final MBBS exams by the time they were 23 and were working full time as doctors. One is considered an adult at age 18, with voting privileges in most nations of the world. If you can decide who the leader of your nation is at that age, you should be able to decide what kind of career you want and who you want to have sex with. TD was a model (with all the implications of that life) at age 19.

Human beings are inherently capable of understanding what is in their best interest from a very young age. Children as young as 5 know how to get what they want - by smiling, singing a song the parents like etc. While our personalities can alter as we grow older, most humans have more or less fixed personality traits by adulthood - some argue even as early as first grade of school!

So to say that TD was an innocent girl at age 23 and had no 'guile' is being very naive. She was fully aware of what she was doing and what she wanted to do, her spiritual quests notwithstanding. Nobody knows whether she was really 'exploited' or was a willing partner, but from more evidence that is emerging (see the twitter accounts posted earlier), it does appear that she has an agenda and is possibly being controlled by agencies we do not know of. There is increasing media attention being directed at this (Arnab too has gotten involved) and it is becoming a circus.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:10 pm

This should kill most of the hype surroungding TD's allegations. A green card gone waste for the EJs.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:13 pm

Anand Ranganathan

Verified account

@ARanganathan72
Following Following @ARanganathan72
More
SHOCKING. Original deposition before the US Court in the matter of Ghulam Nabi Fai, CONVICTED for running KAC, an NGO funded by the ISI.

"Gautam Navakhla was introduced to an ISI general for recruitment by Fai at the ISI’s direction."

Great Activist. https://www.investigativeproject.org/do ... s/1947.pdf

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:24 pm

hanumadu wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:10 pm
This should kill most of the hype surroungding TD's allegations. A green card gone waste for the EJs.
This is the song in question
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wgkSY9CnlI

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:33 am

Looks like Vikas' damsel in distress belief of this woman was destroyed. The number of cries of wolf makes it harder for genuine cases, and women themselves are to blame for playing the "sexual harassment" card. Middle-class women should protest against likes of this woman.

This is why I don't believe these women in general, not without evidence. They generally have an agenda attached to their son story. It isn't so much that I lack sympathy than it is scepticism.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:42 am

Primus wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:05 pm
Raju wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:41 am
TD was 23 when she was harassed and hounded out of the 'industry'. What guile or crying wolf can a 23-yr old girl have (kindly do not give zaira wasim or saas-bahu serial examples). When I was 23 I did not know where electricity came from and was trying to figure out how exactly people had hex without any sense of shame.

Sorry, but maybe you had delayed milestones? Several of my classmates had completed their final MBBS exams by the time they were 23 and were working full time as doctors. One is considered an adult at age 18, with voting privileges in most nations of the world. If you can decide who the leader of your nation is at that age, you should be able to decide what kind of career you want and who you want to have sex with. TD was a model (with all the implications of that life) at age 19.

Human beings are inherently capable of understanding what is in their best interest from a very young age. Children as young as 5 know how to get what they want - by smiling, singing a song the parents like etc. While our personalities can alter as we grow older, most humans have more or less fixed personality traits by adulthood - some argue even as early as first grade of school!

So to say that TD was an innocent girl at age 23 and had no 'guile' is being very naive. She was fully aware of what she was doing and what she wanted to do, her spiritual quests notwithstanding. Nobody knows whether she was really 'exploited' or was a willing partner, but from more evidence that is emerging (see the twitter accounts posted earlier), it does appear that she has an agenda and is possibly being controlled by agencies we do not know of. There is increasing media attention being directed at this (Arnab too has gotten involved) and it is becoming a circus.
Lol! :rotfl: Severely delayed!

I hope he was joking because I have several friends who were married at 20/21/22. And these are love marriages. One even had a kid at 23. :rotfl:

I agree that, previously, people became mature later in India than the west, but maybe by 2-3 years. "Innocent" people don't increase the population of the nation 4 fold over 70 years. At least not according to the current population pyramid.

These days though, kids days know everything by 10-12 .. they may not speak about it to you as a parent, but they definitely know.

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:11 am

ha ! this is the the final nail in the TD story I guess.

https://www.india.com/showbiz/bigg-boss ... w-3319935/
bigg-boss-12-tanushree-dutta-to-sreesanth-these-contestants-are-likely-to-participate-in-salman-khans-show

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:22 am

Gus wrote:jallikattu state ordinance worked because the relevant law was in concurrent list so state can pass ordinance and center can approve it
Supratik wrote:If it requires a state ordinance all the better. Can be a political pitch for BJP in KL and force the hand of CPIM after lying low for sometime till the issue dies down in the rest of India. After all the BJP and CPIM are competing for the same vote-bank.
The act of which SC annulled some sections was the Kerala Hindu Places of Public Worship (Authorisation of Entry) Act, 1965. So looks like the religion based business is in the state list, so ordinance has to come from State Govt. and it will not even require central govt. approval.

The CPI(M), especially the current ruling government has been going more pro-X'ian than any of the previous communist governments of the state. The state government was literally pussy-footing when it came to an arrest of a Bishop. The state government had been even friendly to certain X'ian church groups who encroached to hills & forest land and placed crosses there. CPI(M) was very keen to portray itself as X'ian friendly, while they are now in a super fast mode to get the Supreme Court verdict on Sabari Mala rolled out. The current belligerance of the CM and his deputies, gives me a feeling that he is getting a solid backing from X'ian organisations. Through CPI(M) these organisations can actually break the back of the Hindu belief system in Kerala, and no one is sparing any effort to achieve that.

But yes even the staunchest commie in KL now feels that CPI(M) would also lose out on the long run if they manage to turn the entire Hindu community against them. But perhaps the CPI(M) leadership would be relying their hopes on the minority vote banks, plus the totally idiotic (and cultureless) cadre base they have; to help them scrape through in the elections. The CPI(M) may also be hoping that the current protests would not last long and then it would be back to usual business.

Now while we debate on what BJP should do and how it can increase its foot print in KL etc, this is what is happening on the ground
Sabarimala: Congress to file review petition in SC. & BJP mouthpiece lauds SC verdict. If our wishes were flying horses...? ;).

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:29 am

Rahul M wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:41 pm
rejoinder on the TD issue, from the film's asst. director.
Tanushree Dutta receives legal notices from Nana Patekar, Vivek Agnihotri. Looks like EJ gangs would drop her now like a hot potato.

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:56 am

I wouldn't put any kind of trust in these random twitter account of dubious authenticity. I would look for more credible sources. TD definitely sound more credible to me as her account is corroborated by witnesses. There is video of MNS goons vandalizing her car too.

More importantly what she stands to gain by implicating insignificant people like Nana Patekar or Vivek Agnihotri Nothing.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:17 am

Haldiram wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:56 am
I wouldn't put any kind of trust in these random twitter account of dubious authenticity. I would look for more credible sources. TD definitely sound more credible to me as her account is corroborated by witnesses. There is video of MNS goons vandalizing her car too.

More importantly what she stands to gain by implicating insignificant people like Nana Patekar or Vivek Agnihotri Nothing.
Rightly or wrongly, these are guys who are identified with the right wing.

TD is a convert and with her name, she is a crypto.

Don't need to look too far for what she stands to gain. It is what her backers stand to gain. Unfortunately, her target NP, is spot on and chosen specially for his long standing reputation of what someone ought not to be.

The urban naxal naming and shaming has deeply affected the commies because "superior" commie "intellectuals" are now firmly identified as shady, unwashed over ground naxal workers.

Their shelf life and sell by date is severely affected, their glamour quotient is much eroded and their main stream media value and credibility are much affected.

Hence Vivek Agnihotri has been roped in so as to smear him and discredit him in the eyes of the public opinion.

Do you mean to say that she may not have been rogered by a whole lot of others?? It is an industry risk and perk depending on which side of the ever present casting couch you choose to view it from. If you don't like it, quit and become a chef. Even shady gangsters have been dipping their wicks in this honeypot for decades now. Have you ever seen anyone objecting?? Hypocrisy has always their industry strong suit.

Most financiers, for example, simply see it as a small but essential part of their larger ROI package.
Last edited by chetak on Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:26 am

Haldiram wrote:

The only person of dubious authenticity is you.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:33 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:33 am
Looks like Vikas' damsel in distress belief of this woman was destroyed. The number of cries of wolf makes it harder for genuine cases, and women themselves are to blame for playing the "sexual harassment" card. Middle-class women should protest against likes of this woman.

This is why I don't believe these women in general, not without evidence. They generally have an agenda attached to their son story. It isn't so much that I lack sympathy than it is scepticism.
Looks like there are multiple sides to the story and 'Damsel in distress' is actually a case of SEXUAL HARRASMENT which JohnTitor Garu just doesn't want to accept. You do realize that When someone cries wolf, There might be a wolf around.
Every woman should support likes of TD Prima facie. Get out of your Patriarchal mindset.
PS: What is "THESE WOMEN" ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yIcZIEFrmc

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:34 am

hanumadu wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:26 am
Haldiram wrote:

Haha !! Now We have to accept that if it is tweeted, so it must be somehow true.
:)) :)) :))

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:41 am

Why could congress not accommodate Mayawati in state polls instead of letting her go rogue. Congress can't be so blind.
If Congress losses these elections, it will reduce its bargaining power further. They should have realized that KA model can work successfully in some states and few 1000 votes from Mayawati's side can result in major wins for Congress.
So is this something that Amit Shah pulled off or did congress lost the plot somewhere in assuming that atleast 2 of the 3 states will land up in its lap ?

Any update on Telangana elections ? Will BJP emerge as 2nd largest party destroying congress further ?

RajaRaja
BGR Member

Post by RajaRaja » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:43 am

hanumadu wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:26 am
Haldiram wrote:

Says a guys named hanumadu, sure! :rotfl:

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:15 am

Cut it out people. No personal remarks while support or discredit the allegations

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:26 am

Haldiram wrote:

I will grant you that that one should look for 'credible' sources in any such case. But how do you define 'credible'? And who is more credible than an assistant director who was actually on the very scene where the incident is said to have taken place and who has provided very detailed testimony? How do we know TD's supporting witnesses are not lying? Simply having a video of somebody doing something does not have meaning without context - whose car, at what time, with what purpose, at whose behest?

What would really help is for this case to go to the court and have everybody present their side in front of a judge(s). In fact this may well happen now given she has been served notice. However, my feeling is that she is going to run back to the US before a case in the court is heard. She has already served her purpose, much like Hollande's comments on the Rafale deal. Typically in such cases, all that is needed is an allegation of sexual misconduct, the mud then tends to stick to the accused, no matter what. Shoot and scoot is the usual modus operandi.

I agree, on the surface TD stands to gain nothing from this, but one has to look at a deeper agenda. Do you honestly believe she suddenly woke up one morning, ten years after the incident, while living in another country and decided she needed to come back to India and accuse a director of asking her to take off her clothes. Note, no allegation of rape, but just enough impropriety to smear his character. There is no need to do anything more. The idea is to make enough noise and tie him up in explanations and defensive actions to make his voice irrelevant on the larger issue of urban terrorism.

If you honestly believe she is acting alone and without an ulterior agenda then I believe you are truly being naive. And BTW, VA is definitely not insignificant. Read his book and listen to him talk and you will realize that single-handedly he has become a huge headache for the BIF.