The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - Oct 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
chetak
Forum Moderator

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 2 (Mar 2018 - )

Post by chetak » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:49 am

twitter
Sir Kashmiri pandit case hearing?
SC Judge : Kyu gade murde ukhadne? Let it drag

Ram Mandir?
SCJ : Let me retire peacefully. Next judge will see

Sir, police arrested 4 activists.
SCJ : Yes, saw on TV. I've reached the court. Jaldi pahucho. Abhi hearing hogi. Desh sankat me hai.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:49 pm

Justice Ranjan Gogoi to take charge as the new Chief Justice of India on October 3
Looks like it is to keep aside all hopes on RJB Verdict, and the BJP Govt. can expect more hurdles coming up during its final lap.

Lilo
BGR Member

Post by Lilo » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:54 pm

Sachin wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:49 pm
Justice Ranjan Gogoi to take charge as the new Chief Justice of India on October 3
Looks like it is to keep aside all hopes on RJB Verdict, and the BJP Govt. can expect more hurdles coming up during its final lap.
Only way is for BJP to reach a majority of 2/3rd in both houses .
Then the threat of impeachment can be credibly conveyed to the judges and it will be properly acknowledged by them.
Post 2019 Loksabha strength is the key - BJP must exceed it's 2014 performance.Instead if it's a rickety coalition,the judiciary(and those controlling them) will be keeping the govt of the day leashed like a pet while its made to jump from crisis to crisis by the BIF gang.

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:20 pm

Judiciary is in direct confrontation with the Modi government. SC has banned all construction activities till 9th October. It seems that GDP growth rate has stunned C-system and they are trying their best to scuttle it through Judiciary. Can Modi govt not do more against Judiciary? I understand pitching a battle against the Judiciary now a year before elections will be extremely hard, I wonder what Modi could have done against the absolutely compromised judiciary earlier in the first few years?

Re: DeMo

Please note that only part 1 of Demo has been carried out right now. Mark this post, if Modi comes back in 2019 (and we all hope he does with 300+), DeMo v2 will be implemented within 12 months of the next term - banning & withdrawal of all banknotes above Rs. 100. Will end corruption in one straight swing. Ground is already prepared with UPI+ Rupay + Private Digital Payment ecosystem (PayTm etc)

la.khan
BGR Newbie

Post by la.khan » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Sachin wrote:
So, in Sep. 2018, SC CJI Dipak Mishra has to deliver his judgment on RM @ Ayodhya. I don't hear about any developments on that front on TV or read about them in the newspapers/internet. How close is it to final judgment? :(

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:32 pm

Guys, I wonder how come Uber Urban Naxal Suzi Adhothi Roy has suddenly appeared on the Indian political scene ? Usually, she gains her notoriety
by puking against 'upper caste' Hindus in western rags and media that earn her hooker prizes, but of late I haven't seen overt activism from her in India until the arrest of her Urban Naxal comrades. That she made a complete ass of herself with her low-IQ cacophony on 'aircraft carrier' Rafale deal is another story. I wonder why police can't gather enough evidence of her links with Maoist and Kashmiri Muslims terrorists and lock her up? Of course, easier said than done. She is well supported by western govts and intel agencies, that any move by Indian govt against her, particularly the 'fascist', 'Hindu extremist 'Brahmin/Bania' govt, will become world headline news. India will suddenly be discussed on CNN/Fox/BBC.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:07 am

Sachin wrote:
Forgot to add:
1. Cases against Chidambaram and gang.
2. National Herald case.

If BJP had any hopes on getting justice served here, I feel it is time to close that out.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:46 am

la.khan wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:21 pm
Sachin wrote:
So, in Sep. 2018, SC CJI Dipak Mishra has to deliver his judgment on RM @ Ayodhya. I don't hear about any developments on that front on TV or read about them in the newspapers/internet. How close is it to final judgment? :(
These guys fear for their lives.

It is not just political expediency only.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:53 am

crams wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:32 pm
Guys, I wonder how come Uber Urban Naxal Suzi Adhothi Roy has suddenly appeared on the Indian political scene ? Usually, she gains her notoriety
by puking against 'upper caste' Hindus in western rags and media that earn her hooker prizes, but of late I haven't seen overt activism from her in India until the arrest of her Urban Naxal comrades.
"Independent Republic" A.Roy may have opened her mouth, because she may be the only naxal supporter who may not have direct dealings with them. So she can give "moral support", because there would not be much damaging evidence against her. She has been pretty much inactive for the last 5-6 years.

Gus
Forum Moderator

Post by Gus » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:15 pm

Robbert and hooda charged on dlf case.

So currently we have national herald on mom-son and dlf on damad and pc in Aircel maxis.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:04 am

Gus wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:15 pm
Robbert and hooda charged on dlf case.
So currently we have national herald on mom-son and dlf on damad and pc in Aircel maxis.
But the sad fact is that in none of the cases there has been any progress in the prosecution part. In National Herald case Ra.Ga has been out on bail. I don't think the courts are even hearing the case. Desh Ke Damaad also would not get a charge sheet soon. And in pretty much every case Chidambaram & Son is involved he has been constantly getting bailed and the case has not reached the verdict state. So to be frank; expecting any judicial activity/event which would give Na.Mo a push on his anti-corruption drive is slowly becoming a dream.

arshyam
BGR Member

Post by arshyam » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:34 pm

Sachin wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:04 am
I don't think the courts are even hearing the case.
This is what Modi is up against, and people expect him to simply put people inside with a wave of his hand.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:03 pm

Update from WB. The Hindu Samhati has split on the issue of NRC. The main faction is backing NRC whereas the breakaway faction is against it and is calling it anti-Hindu Bengali. The breakaway faction is backing the TMC. The 25 lakh Bengali Hindu left out of Assam NRC figure is now being spread throughout WB including by Mamata. I don't think the NRC counted Hindu-Muslim split. The left-liberals have suddenly found love for Hindu Bengalies after keeping quiet for 7 decades when they were being raped, killed and ethnically cleansed. All this is targeted to derail the NRC update process. With the BJP wanting to do NRC in WB the election campaign in WB will be based on that. Remains to be seen how the split happens. My own guess is that original Hindu Bengalies of WB will support NRC update as they are worried about the continuous migration and "kabza" of areas in WB. The split is 30% Muslims and 10% illegal Hindu Bdeshis will oppose NRC update whereas 60% WB Hindu Bengalis "may" back NRC update. Mamata is betting on making it a fight between Bengalis versus Hindu-Hindi fundamentalists from north India aka BJP.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:18 pm

Karnataka ULB poll results live updates: Congress dominates in Kalaburagi district.
The Congress & JDS have won lots of seats and if they again join hands (most likely, yes) it would force the BJP to be in opposition. But there are some BJP strong holds in which they have still held sway.

Big crackdown against ‘overground’ Maoists supporters planned, says CRPF DG
CRPF Director General R.R. Bhatnagar told PTI in an interview that this fresh action is being undertaken by them in coordination with State police forces with an aim to deny ‘space’ to the Left Wing Extremists and to counter them beyond the field operations.
“We are now going to the villages and we are trying to see that action is taken against their (Maoists) overground supporters and workers, ‘jan militia’ and other people who give them the intelligence and local support.

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:07 pm

Supratik wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:03 pm
Update from WB. The Hindu Samhati has split on the issue of NRC. The main faction is backing NRC whereas the breakaway faction is against it and is calling it anti-Hindu Bengali. The breakaway faction is backing the TMC. The 25 lakh Bengali Hindu left out of Assam NRC figure is now being spread throughout WB including by Mamata. I don't think the NRC counted Hindu-Muslim split. The left-liberals have suddenly found love for Hindu Bengalies after keeping quiet for 7 decades when they were being raped, killed and ethnically cleansed. All this is targeted to derail the NRC update process. With the BJP wanting to do NRC in WB the election campaign in WB will be based on that. Remains to be seen how the split happens. My own guess is that original Hindu Bengalies of WB will support NRC update as they are worried about the continuous migration and "kabza" of areas in WB. The split is 30% Muslims and 10% illegal Hindu Bdeshis will oppose NRC update whereas 60% WB Hindu Bengalis "may" back NRC update. Mamata is betting on making it a fight between Bengalis versus Hindu-Hindi fundamentalists from north India aka BJP.
The solution is simple enough, count hindu bengalis among immigrants but provide them a clear and prompt pathway to citizenship through a religious refugee clause. it's the lack of that which is creating problems. the govt's communication should be clear & unequivocal.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:28 pm

Guys, any predictions on what Supreme court will say on Sept 6 regarding the arrest of the 5 Urban Naxals? Pune police say they have an air tight case. The Urban Naxals and their entire ecosystem including opposition thugbandhan say no case, just 'trifling dissent'. For me the fact that SC did not order their release but said house arrest means Pune police have something hard, and Urban Naxal ecosystem may not be too happy on 6th. Thoughts?

I simply cannot believe that threats to assassinate a PM are being treated so lightly and cavalierly by the ecosystem. Not to mention the vile filth and hate that they spew against 'upper caste' Hindus and Hinduism in general is considered 'free speech'. The depths to which the hate ModiJi, hate BJP, hate Hindus have sunk to is breath taking.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:46 pm

Rahul,

There are several problems with that strategy. If you give citizenship to non-Muslims and deny it to Muslims the international community and Bdesh is going to see what is basically an issue of illegal immigration as an anti-Muslim program similar to what Myanmar did with Rohingyas. Also the SC court may declare the amended citizenship bill as unconstitutional as it violates the principle of equality for citizenship. We can have a provision for anyone facing religious persecution being given citizenship but a partisan bill may not see the light of the day. IMO opinion the Sangh and BJP miscalculated on the citizenship bill. Until or unless the fundamental character of the Indian state changes this is not possible. Personally I would like to see illegal Hindu immigrants from Bdesh honorably resettled back in that country. Situation in Bdesh is much better than before as they have had more than 10 years of 6-7% growth and Hasina has reigned in the Islamists to a certain extent. Geo-politically also it benefits India if Hindus are resettled back in Bdesh as the current strategy will lead to eradication of Hindus from Bdesh. The Indian govt should reach a deal with Bdesh wherein billions of dollars are paid to resettle Bdeshi illegals back into Bdesh. Just like we are resettling Tamil Hindus and Christians back into Sri Lanka. This way everyone can be happy.

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:53 pm

Here is an example of Sri Lankan Tamils being sent back to the country from India peacefully.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... 362474.ece

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:10 pm

frankly, there are some obvious solutions to that quandary and modi did actually spell them out clearly in his 2014 campaign in bengal.

India does not have a responsibility to all and sundry all over the world, we are a developing nation and we would take care of minorities (note: not just hindus) from BD and Pak because those countries used to be a part of us.

sending back people who are here for 5 years is different from sending back those that came in 70's & 80's.

Raj Malhotra
BGR Newbie

Post by Raj Malhotra » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:32 am

It seems that case against mass rigging in WB Panchayat poll has been lost. BJP has a very weak legal Bench in SC

Kanson
BGR Newbie

Post by Kanson » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:53 am

https://youtu.be/7JlCQlwnhUQ

Topic: Urbal naxals, Anti-nationals and rest of us
Participants: Vivek agnihotri, Kanchan Gupts, Anand Ranganathan & others.
Event: Pondy Lit festival

Kanson
BGR Newbie

Post by Kanson » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:08 am

crams wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:28 pm
Guys, any predictions on what Supreme court will say on Sept 6 regarding the arrest of the 5 Urban Naxals? Pune police say they have an air tight case. The Urban Naxals and their entire ecosystem including opposition thugbandhan say no case, just 'trifling dissent'. For me the fact that SC did not order their release but said house arrest means Pune police have something hard, and Urban Naxal ecosystem may not be too happy on 6th. Thoughts?
Above Kanchan Gupta talks abt Binayak sen whose conviction as 'Urban Naxal' by lower court was upheld by High court. But Supreme court granted bail saying everyone has right to dissent.

So here is a precedence. Police knows what SC could say on this matter as there is precedence. If it has to get conviction, they probably by now know what to do & what not to do to. Pune police is saying they have "air tight case". So let's see.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:17 am

Thugbandhan formula tried out in the Local body elections in Karnataka. BJP has one as the largest single party in many places but post-poll alliances between the "secualrs" can topple their plans. What must be noted is that in Karnataka it is now pretty much INC driving the government. Humble farmer forced to eat the humble pie. This is kind of a Mahabharatha movement when Arjuna used Shikhandi as a shield to take control of the battle. The BJP so far has been just taking the hits and have not tried to poach people. I don't know if the plan is to send out a message to the grudging JD(S) local politicians that ultimately Humble Farmer & Co have pretty much sold the party to INC.

There have been rumours of cine actor Mohan Lal being more supportive to the cause of BJP. RSS plans to field Mohanlal as BJP nominee in LS polls . Another movie actor who is now in BJP camp is Suresh Gopi, noted for his angry man in police uniform type roles. Expect the CPI(M) and "secular" establishment in Kerala to now target Mohan lal over his caste, love for Hindutwa fascist tendencies etc. Kerala movie industry too have a strong set of "secular & liberal" movie makers, and off course their source of funding have been quite dubious for the last 15-20 years.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:37 am

Kanson wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:08 am
crams wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:28 pm
Above Kanchan Gupta talks abt Binayak sen whose conviction as 'Urban Naxal' by lower court was upheld by High court. But Supreme court granted bail saying everyone has right to dissent.

So here is a precedence. Police knows what SC could say on this matter as there is precedence. If it has to get conviction, they probably by now know what to do & what not to do to. Pune police is saying they have "air tight case". So let's see.
How many "airtight" cases have we seen unravel before in the face of a "determined" judiciary?? :mrgreen:

No wonder that the urban naxals of the past as well as the present, always sought/seek the "education" portfolio, yielding both money and the unrivalled power of lifelong patronage via govt jobs at selected and publicly funded institutions like JNU for example.

They are now aggressively seeking to enter the IITs and the IIMs via the "humanities" course route and will very soon grab power as these institutions are very very foolishly made "autonomous" IIT madras is a prime example of one such takeover process that is a fast moving work in progress.
Last edited by chetak on Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:41 am

Few important cases pending verdict at Supreme Court, with the CJI being part of the bench. Reference - news report from Mathrubhumi (Malayalam). Do share news reports in English media please.
1. Aadhaar - its constituitional validity
2. Sabari Mala temple entry case - women of certain age group being restricted entry
3. Regarding Sec 377 IPC which makes homo-se-xuality a crime.
4. Annulling Sec 497 IPC which makes extra-marital s-ex a crime.
5. Plea to disallow a person who is charge sheeted in a crime to stand for elections.
6. Plea to ban Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
7. Case on Ayodhya/Rama Janmabhoomi. Note, the case is NOT about who has the ownership of the place. Another case has been filed by Muslim organisations asking for a review of an old case - Ismail Farooqui case of 1994; in which the verdict was that a Mosque was not a pre-requisite for Muslims to offer worship. The Muslim organisations now wants a review of this case by the constituional bench, and the final verdict for RJB to be given after that; which obviously is a delaying tactic.
8. Live Telecast of Judicial proceedings